Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acor View Post

Pumpkin Shake/Smoothy

1/3 Cup Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 egg
1/2 splenda packet
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 Cup Water

Blend together. Pumpkin and cream can be slightly frozen first if you want to make it more of a shake.

HTH!
Acor, this shake rocks! Finally got around to trying it this morning. Thanks for posting!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
For those of "you" that can't quite get around Pumpkin as a sweet treat, the newest thing is California is a Pumpkin Facial.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Hello!

Hi Everybody!

Sorry for being MIA so long. I couldn't get on IE to even come here, and couldn't for the life of me remember the name...Made me realize how I missed it, and the WOE, too. And all of YOU.

I realized that going crazy and eating everything in the house isn't going to help any troubles. My brother has cancer again, and it sure doesn't look good to me. It's a long waiting game, now, too - as most of these things are. SO I am going back to at least LC, if not M & E for a good start again.

I missed everyone and happy to see some new ones, too.

Now if we can survive the holidays! That's all I was worried about before. Now I haven't even been thinking about them!

Good to be here again.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Hi Everybody!

Sorry for being MIA so long. I couldn't get on IE to even come here, and couldn't for the life of me remember the name...Made me realize how I missed it, and the WOE, too. And all of YOU.

I realized that going crazy and eating everything in the house isn't going to help any troubles. My brother has cancer again, and it sure doesn't look good to me. It's a long waiting game, now, too - as most of these things are. SO I am going back to at least LC, if not M & E for a good start again.

I missed everyone and happy to see some new ones, too.

Now if we can survive the holidays! That's all I was worried about before. Now I haven't even been thinking about them!

Good to be here again.
Sorry Joey That's a tough one.

I've been struggling, particularly on the weekends, too. Last weekend I decided that whatever else I would just go low carb. I wasn't able to stay on any plan and didn't really get anywhere, but I survived without having to do damage control all week. Sometimes that's the best we can hope for and if that's the worst........

for your brother!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Morning peeps! I didn't mean to go MIA for a few days, but life just sort of got in the way of my computer time. I hate when that happens! No bad stuff...just lots of stuff to do getting ready for the kids coming into town for the holidays. My excuse (because I need one) to spring clean the house.

Still baking and now mainly taking it to the homeless shelter. Not that the folks at my husband's and son's place of employment don't enjoy it, but I feel bad tempting them with so many goodies. I know if I worked in an office, sitting on my butt every day, I might get a bit ticked at having to look at something that was eventually going to sit on my butt (besides me).

So I've started an egg fast...yes, just eggs. I just feel the need. Have no clue why. Think I'm going to do it through Sunday.

Joey: I'm so sorry about your brother. And good to see you back.

Acor: Ooooooo...I'm covering my eyes while reading your post! Ok...I peeked and those recipes look soooo yummy!

Jeanie, GrammyG, Skittles:

Lil: I'm in the same place you are. Mainly health, but I won't complain if I lose more.

Terri, Arural, Susan, Tashy and all the lurkers!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Thanks for the welcome Just finished what will probably be my last meal of the day and am feeling great! I was at goal in 2010, but have put back on 15 lbs and know that meat/eggs is a good start for appetite suppression. I have a binge eating problem that is helped but not cured by eating very low carb, so I need to get back to it and believe in it's power to curb the binges. VLC stopped me from binging for a full six months when I was at goal in 2010 so I am that is will help again.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to store avocados to keep them from spoiling until I am ready to add them back in?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jeanie good to see you!

I keep avocados in the fridge for a good couple weeks if they're not too ripe. A lot of people do incorporate those into M&E.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Terri I will eat them, but first want to be pretty strict for a couple of days to squash cravings.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to store avocados to keep them from spoiling until I am ready to add them back in?
I saw someone post that you can freeze them... google that & see what you can find
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

I did google before I asked here. Most recommended not to freeze unless you were planning to make something like guacamole as the texture changes. I know avocados are popular here, so just thought I see what others have tried.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Acor, this shake rocks! Finally got around to trying it this morning. Thanks for posting!
You are very welcome! I believe I found that recipe on the egg/meat fast thread, and I love it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Acor: Ooooooo...I'm covering my eyes while reading your post! Ok...I peeked and those recipes look soooo yummy!
Just trying them all today (except for the pumpkin shake, of course), and they're all great! The pecan pudding is a little on the sweet side for me, but still good. The loco choco didn't firm up like butter (like the recipe said it would), but it solidifies a bit in the fridge and it tastes just look chocolate ice cream to me. And, I actually got 9 servings out of that recipes instead of 8, so less calories! Each serving is 2/3 of a cup. And the chocolate cheesecake muffins are really good with a little bit of the pecan pudding or pecan cream cheese on top as icing. Oh, and the mushrooms are amazing. I think I'll lessen the butter and up the cheese next time. I'd never tasted boursin before and it's really, really good. If you can't tell, I'm pretty happy with the way these recipes turned out.

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

--Edith Wharton
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't wait to try that pumpkin shake My stomach is feeling a little weird tonight, after dinner I felt really full but now I feel a cross between nauseated and hungry.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
I did google before I asked here. Most recommended not to freeze unless you were planning to make something like guacamole as the texture changes. I know avocados are popular here, so just thought I see what others have tried.
Yes, I see you have to mash them... probably no way to save them very long. I leave in fridge & don't let ripen as fast when I have lots.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby. Store had a great sale price, so I have a few that I will refrigerate.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Still here & doing the M&E fast, today would be day 19. So far so good I had started at 131.4 and got down to 128.4 but then tom came and all my losses came back. Seems to be slowly coming off now that tom is gone. Weighed in at 130.8 today. But for me this was not about losing weight since I'm in maintenance but a way to eat more & up my calories and get rid of bloat. The weight loss though really was a nice bonus in all honesty.

So far very happy with my energy, feel lighter and my clothes are looser ! I love that I can eat more and really enjoying this WOE. I am very surprised that I am not sick of eggs & protein by now. Have added a little cheese here & there and the occasional avocado. Let's see what the scale says next week and if I still see the downward trend I had the first week start back up again.

No plans on changing things up and just going with the flow. I've been craving macadamia nuts and brie cheese May just take a day to indulge next week..

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 10-30-2013 at 06:57 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Still here as well, down to 201.0 this morning and this is day six. Not bored with anything yet and not dramatically missing the diet cokes or alcohol. Tonight will be a real test though on the cocktails at a Halloween gathering we are going to.

Had little cocktail sausages for breakfast, and not sure yet on today's plan. I'm finding though I'm not using eggs as much as I had originally planned. So maybe some egg today.

Happy Halloween M&E folks!
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!

Well today Iím moving on to Primal / M&E. Iím kicking it off with M&E for a day or two just because I have tons of leftovers and no DH at home to eat them. Then I think Iíll just move to Primal for a while with intermittent M&E. HH week starts tomorrow and DHís birthday is Nov 14 so I will probably hang with that for a while and just focus on keeping up with exercise.

Big and Happy Halloween to Melody Joey, Acor, Pandora, Jeanie, Deb, Lil, Tashy, Rural & Susan!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope primal/m&e goes well Terri

I was down a pound this morning I really am eating far more fat with meat/egg and am amazed at the appetite suppression.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Happy Halloween to you, too, TerriMM - and everyone else, too!
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Quote:
Hope primal/m&e goes well Terri

I was down a pound this morning I really am eating far more fat with meat/egg and am amazed at the appetite suppression.
Outstanding! I'm down to 201 still, and carrying on.

I did have a small off plan very dark leafy salad with ranch yday at lunch, I'm not calling it a cheat though. So, continuing M&E!

Have a great weekend everyone!
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SonataArctica
Stats: size 12/size 2 5'1
Start Date: 12/30/2009
Hey, I just want to say that I did this when I plateaued at 127 lbs for 4 months. Within 3 days, I dropped 7 lbs...I eliminated cream and cheese and stuck to nothing but meat and eggs cooked in butter and black coffee. I also eliminated diet sodas just for the heck of it. It was amazing!
SonataArctica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataArctica View Post
Hey, I just want to say that I did this when I plateaued at 127 lbs for 4 months. Within 3 days, I dropped 7 lbs...I eliminated cream and cheese and stuck to nothing but meat and eggs cooked in butter and black coffee. I also eliminated diet sodas just for the heck of it. It was amazing!
Awesome results! What kind of meats did you eat? Did you track amounts of food or just eat
Old 11-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all. Has a new November thread started for us yet?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello all, esp. to the new members of the forum/thread, and you lurkers among us. I hope everyone is doing well.

Well, to quote a popular mainstream hip-hop artist, "Oops, I did it again!" I slightly gained this week, I gained 0.2lbs, but you know, that's okay, I still have 5 days left to see if I can make it to Twoderville before November gets here. And if I really focus on the goal. . . I know I can.

Cheers!

NAF

November 1, 2013-- I have entered Twoderville!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
November 1, 2013-- I have entered Twoderville!!!
WTG NAF
Old 11-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
WTG NAF
Thank you, Terri!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats NAF!

Thanks Susan. Hope you have a great weekend as well
Old 11-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 4 NAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
WOOHOO NAF! WTG!!!!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote