Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I think I've decided to take the culinary teaching job since I've been baking all week and hasn't tempted me even a bit. It's either gone out the door to work with my husband or son or I've taken it down to the homeless shelter. The aroma lingers, but not the food and I've been having such a good time!

Acor: That 'pumpkin' shake sounds awesome and I may have to try it for lunch. With the egg, it fits perfectly!

Mae: Sorry to hear of the financial woes. They say 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger' and some days I'm thinking I should be able to lift a car. Good to see you.

Arural: Congrats on making it through the party. You did it once, so you know you can do it again!

Pandora: Hang in there. My weight graph always looked like a roller coaster with lots of little ups and down and then a big drop and back to the little ups and downs.

Smiley: Keep up the good work!

Tashy: Not a big fan of candied sweet potatoes here either. My choice is slap a bit of butter, salt and pepper on them...or was when I could still have them. My husband sprinkles on the brown sugar <yuck>.

Debby, Terri, Naf, Lil, Joey, Junebug.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Wait...ok there was one change. My goal weight was 155, but over the last 4 months since starting to do some meals with BPC and having a hard time sticking to my maintenance calories of 1500 (dropping many times to 1100 or lower), I've lost another 5 lbs...but since I think I look pretty good at it vs how I looked when I reached it last March, I've set it as my new goal. Guess time and skin shrinkage improves anything.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
The body definitely moves things around after maintaining for a while... we don't look near as "drawn" later on, at the same wt. So nice the skin keeps tightening up too!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Wait...ok there was one change. My goal weight was 155, but over the last 4 months since starting to do some meals with BPC and having a hard time sticking to my maintenance calories of 1500 (dropping many times to 1100 or lower), I've lost another 5 lbs...but since I think I look pretty good at it vs how I looked when I reached it last March, I've set it as my new goal. Guess time and skin shrinkage improves anything.
Nice job Melody! And congrads on taking control of your life. Talk about a NSV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
How do you cook the pumpkin? Split, scrape & bake? Face down? Up? I bought one to cook & freeze...
The only time I did fresh pumpkin I boiled it, ran it through a colander and canned it. One medium pumpkin made enough for at least a ½ dozen pies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the pumpkin/sweet potato thing weird! But I think we southerners have been brought up on different stuff Vegemite & Tim Tams for example! Well, maybe just us Aussies but I'm pretty sure you might agree with something like pineapple lumps (or something else that might be your thing):/
Tell us about Vegemite & Tim Tams Natasha. I’m ready for some new ideas.

Sorry for your challenges Mae. Good luck with the job hunt. Know we’re here to support you, on plan or not!

Look at your stats Lil! WTG!! Especially with the addition of the girls.

Hi Arural, Great job on staying on plan!! Sounds like you’re really in the Zone.

I’m hanging in there. Moved over to FF and am much happier with the fat. My biggest problem is losing all week and back tracking over the weekend, but I still seem to be going down consistently if not slowly every week.

Big to everyone else!

Last edited by TerriMM; 10-24-2013 at 08:43 AM..
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Hello everybody! I'm sort of down and out, but I hope not for long. If only life would stop kicking me around for awhile...I'll be back.

I'm so proud of all of you, keep up the good work. I've fallen by the wayside for about a week.

I'll pull out of it...I have to, but bad news really hits hard and sometimes it just really hurts too much.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acor View Post
I used to be part of an online forum where we'd all exchange names and send gift packages to each other every once in a while. I had a partner from Australia one time who sent me some Vegemite and my daughter loved it!
That's awesome Acor!! I love getting people on the 'vegemite bandwagon' It's so unusual for someone to like it straight away because it's very strong in flavour and most people make the mistake of spreading it thick like peanut butter or jam and it's waaaaayyy too much Mind you, we get used to the taste from when we are babies so we have a better chance of loving it as we get older

You need to try Tim Tams! Oh the good old days when I still ate chocolate biscuits, unfortunately they are a thing of the past for me... *sigh*....
Old 10-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Well done Melody, that is awesome...It's really weird how the body does that. I'm the opposite, I'm slightly heavier than my original goal yet I fit into all my old clothes and am the same measurements that I was at 4-5lbs lighter a year ago... weird.

Terri how I wish that Tim Tams were part of an LC WOE, but alas, they are not. They are completely awesome double chocolate biscuits. In the good ol' days I'd bite the corners off opposing corners of the biscuit, stick one bitten corner into my cup of coffee, suck the coffee through the other bitten corner and shove the whole thing in my mouth. Voila, Tim Tam Bomb!! Aaannnd repeat.

And Vegemite is savoury salty spread that we put on our toast or sandwiches...fortunately for me I can still have it It's not for everyone though, most non-Aussies who try it hate it! I had a friend from the US refer to it as 'axel grease'!!! LOL.

Good work on your losses Terri. It's frustrating when they are slow, but at least you are moving in the right direction. What sort of things are you eating on the FF...is it possible for you to post a menu? What sort of cal/fat/protein are you intaking? I've never been able to do a FF as I end up getting really nauseous and nearly passing out... maybe I'm not doing it right??
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Hello everybody! I'm sort of down and out, but I hope not for long. If only life would stop kicking me around for awhile...I'll be back.

I'm so proud of all of you, keep up the good work. I've fallen by the wayside for about a week.

I'll pull out of it...I have to, but bad news really hits hard and sometimes it just really hurts too much.
Oh Joey, you poor thing It's really hard to care about food stuff when you are having a hard time in other areas...don't beat yourself up too much. You will return to looking after yourself when you are ready. We will all be here and ready to cheer you on when you are feeling better. Take care
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I've decided to take the culinary teaching job since I've been baking all week and hasn't tempted me even a bit. It's either gone out the door to work with my husband or son or I've taken it down to the homeless shelter. The aroma lingers, but not the food and I've been having such a good time!

Acor: That 'pumpkin' shake sounds awesome and I may have to try it for lunch. With the egg, it fits perfectly!

Mae: Sorry to hear of the financial woes. They say 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger' and some days I'm thinking I should be able to lift a car. Good to see you.

Arural: Congrats on making it through the party. You did it once, so you know you can do it again!

Pandora: Hang in there. My weight graph always looked like a roller coaster with lots of little ups and down and then a big drop and back to the little ups and downs.

Smiley: Keep up the good work!

Tashy: Not a big fan of candied sweet potatoes here either. My choice is slap a bit of butter, salt and pepper on them...or was when I could still have them. My husband sprinkles on the brown sugar <yuck>.

Debby, Terri, Naf, Lil, Joey, Junebug.
Yep, that's how I like my sweet potatoes too Melody! I've even been using them to make Paleo 'bread' lately....luckily for me, my WOE encourages the usage of sweet potatoes and I'm finding lots of new ways to use them

Well done on your baking success....I knew you could do it!!! I baked a really decadent chocolate mudcake for my husband to take to work for a friend's birthday during the week and I couldn't help but have a taste of the batter, you know purely for the purpose of ensuring the taste was balanced , and I really had no desire to have any of the finished product either. I love baking and think that nowadays just doing the baking is enjoyable enough without eating the food. Plus, I've been doing a lot of Paleo baking of late and I'm allowed to eat that stuff so it cures me of feeling deprived

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-24-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

So sorry you're having a rough time of it Joey. Big We’re here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Terri how I wish that Tim Tams were part of an LC WOE, but alas, they are not. They are completely awesome double chocolate biscuits. In the good ol' days I'd bite the corners off opposing corners of the biscuit, stick one bitten corner into my cup of coffee, suck the coffee through the other bitten corner and shove the whole thing in my mouth. Voila, Tim Tam Bomb!! Aaannnd repeat.

And Vegemite is savoury salty spread that we put on our toast or sandwiches...fortunately for me I can still have it It's not for everyone though, most non-Aussies who try it hate it! I had a friend from the US refer to it as 'axel grease'!!! LOL.
Unfortunately I don’t need something else for toast.

I do FF differently than others. I do regular”ish” meals and more calories. Yesterday was 1426 calories/81% fat. Ideally I keep calories between 1100-1600 and fat above 82%. Yesterday’s menu was:
B – Coffee with 4t heavy cream, Egg salad with 1 whole egg, 1 yolk & mayo
L- Carnitas (Roast Pork) green salad with sour cream for dressing
D- Taco salad with avocado, a little cheese & meat and sour cream for dressing
S – I upped the fat % by having 100 grams SF whip cream

I usually will have Brazil nuts for lunch, Eggs (heavy on the yolks) for breakfast and small portions of meat and salad with high fat dressing or veggies with alfredo sauce for dinner and usually balance out with the SF Whip Cream. With all the fat it’s remarkable how it zaps your appetite.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:

Totally understand, Joey. We're here for you.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post

I’m hanging in there. Moved over to FF and am much happier with the fat. My biggest problem is losing all week and back tracking over the weekend, but I still seem to be going down consistently if not slowly every week.

Big to everyone else!
I'm FFing, too, Terri. Trying to keep it to once a month for five days, but last week could only do three, and then three this week because of the family gatherings.

Thankfully plenty of meat will be served again. And yesterday my SIL who is putting together her son's first birthday party, is expecting her second baby any minute now, and is preparing for her mother's visit took the time to ask me what she could have for side dishes and desserts for me. . . She should get some kind of award, I think! I told her I'd just baked some cheesecake pie and would bring one over so she didn't have to worry--if it was okay with her. And it was.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Rural!
What a great friend! Sometimes I wish my "family" was that thoughtful.

So how is your second FF going so close to your last? I find I get better results if I wait at least three weeks in between. What to you eat on your normal days?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
I'm FFing, too, Terri. Trying to keep it to once a month for five days, but last week could only do three, and then three this week because of the family gatherings.
Thankfully plenty of meat will be served again. And yesterday my SIL who is putting together her son's first birthday party, is expecting her second baby any minute now, and is preparing for her mother's visit took the time to ask me what she could have for side dishes and desserts for me. . . She should get some kind of award, I think! I told her I'd just baked some cheesecake pie and would bring one over so she didn't have to worry--if it was okay with her. And it was.
That is so sweet of her. Some people are so gifted in hospitality!
Say, what do you eat on FF? Is that where you eat coconut fat bombs all day? Just curious.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Love this start to my day...a cup of coffee and checking in with y'all.

It's funny how my idea of 'splurging' has changed over the last 10 months. I don't usually eat out anymore because (a) I cook wayyy better than what I can get at the restaurants and (b) There are no surprises with hidden carbs when you eat at home. So last night I decided to splurge and we went out to the local steak house. It's a place where if you order a BLT, it's gonna come with a pound of bacon (literally). Pork chops...think pork loin and three 1" slices. Obscene amounts of food. In the past, before low carbing, my husband and I would still share a meal because there was so much food. Technically, 3 people could have shared one meal.

So last night, I had their Black and Blue salad which is blue cheese and steak tips with oven roasted red peppers, tiny asparagus and portobello mushrooms over romaine. I took my own caesar dressing since I know what's in it. It was huge and yes, I ate the whole thing. Way too many calories and I'm guessing half again as much protein as I should've had for the meal and I'll take a guess that my carbs came in at around 15-20 just for that meal. It was premeditated and totally guilt free. I'm having a BPC for breakfast.

Arural and Terri: FF...don't know how you guys do it. I'm never hungry or full (think it's a disconnect between my brain and stomach), and some days I've gone as low as 900 calories, but every time I've tried a FF, I seriously crave!

Terri: Count me in the 'vegemite...yuck' category. I thought I might like it since I love salty. My husband was always asking me if I'd like a little meat to go with my salt. But yeah, no...not a fan.

Tashy: Good for you on the mudcake! I think it's turning a corner that we can look at the baking as the entertainment and not the eating of the baking.

Joey: I'm so sorry that things are rough for you right now. Sometimes you just have to find your happy place so you can go there for even a few minutes in the midst of the turmoil. Music is it for me. I have a playlist of 'inspirational/motivational' songs for those days when I'm just overwhelmed with things that seem to be out of my control. Three of my favorites - "this is the stuff" by francesca battistelli, "Brave" by Sara Bareilles and "Roar" by Katy Perry. I've been playing "Roar" for the last two days.

Debby, Naf, Lil, Joey, Junebug, Acor and Smiley!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Still doing M&E though not as strict since I have added a small avocado for dinner the last 2 nights and today added an ounce of blue cheese in my breakfast. I made the most surprisingly delicious breakfast concoction with leftovers : 2 hard boiled eggs (diced), 1 tbsp of Mayo and 1 tbsp crumbled blue cheese, 3 slices of Canadian bacon also diced. Totally yummy !!

TOM is here so that's wrecking any losses from last week. It's still all good. When tom is gone will go back to strict M&E and hopefully it will take the bloat off. Then back to one day at a time.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Still on plan, day 5, and doing well. Tomorrow is weighing and measuring, so I'm looking forward to that. Had a dozen deviled eggs made today, 2 pounds of bacon, plus I still have some rib-eye and pork tenderloin sliced up in the fridge, so I'm good for the weekend.

Pandora, I sometimes like to make deviled eggs with avocado and a little cilantro instead of mayo. A little fresher tasting than regular deviled eggs. Since you like avocado, too, you should give it a try sometime!

Melody, that salad sounds fantastic!
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
I think I've decided to take the culinary teaching job since I've been baking all week and hasn't tempted me even a bit. It's either gone out the door to work with my husband or son or I've taken it down to the homeless shelter. The aroma lingers, but not the food and I've been having such a good time! . . .

Congratulations, Melody! I know you will do great! Just trying it out for a semester/year, and if you see it is not what you want, you can always try something else.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all, esp. to the new members of the forum/thread, and you lurkers among us. I hope everyone is doing well.

Well, to quote a popular mainstream hip-hop artist, "Oops, I did it again!" I slightly gained this week, I gained 0.2lbs, but you know, that's okay, I still have 5 days left to see if I can make it to Twoderville before November gets here. And if I really focus on the goal. . . I know I can.

Cheers!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello all, esp. to the new members of the forum/thread, and you lurkers among us. I hope everyone is doing well.

Well, to quote a popular mainstream hip-hop artist, "Oops, I did it again!" I slightly gained this week, I gained 0.2lbs, but you know, that's okay, I still have 5 days left to see if I can make it to Twoderville before November gets here. And if I really focus on the goal. . . I know I can.

Cheers!

NAF
NAF, I've had that happen to me before, too, and as long as I stick with it, I usually see a bigger drop than normal over the next week or two. I'll also usually see my measurements getting better during this time, which is ever better than the scale results.

Today was weigh-in day for me. Last Saturday I was at 131 pounds, 29.75 waist, 39 hips, and 13 upper arm. After 5 days of M/E and keeping fats high, I'm down to 128.6 pounds, 29.5 waist, 39 hips, and 12.75 upper arms. Continuing on with day 6 today, and I'm planning on throwing a fat fast day in if/when I get tired of this.

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend!

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

--Edith Wharton
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Hello! Going to hang out and listen and hopefully learn more about M&E
Started a 3 day this morning and am looking fwd to some success.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post

Cheers!

NAF
You're doing great NAF! Sometimes our bodies just need to stabilize for a moment to catch up. You'll do it! We're rooting for you!!

Quote:
NAF, I've had that happen to me before, too, and as long as I stick with it, I usually see a bigger drop than normal over the next week or two. I'll also usually see my measurements getting better during this time, which is ever better than the scale results.

Today was weigh-in day for me. Last Saturday I was at 131 pounds, 29.75 waist, 39 hips, and 13 upper arm. After 5 days of M/E and keeping fats high, I'm down to 128.6 pounds, 29.5 waist, 39 hips, and 12.75 upper arms. Continuing on with day 6 today, and I'm planning on throwing a fat fast day in if/when I get tired of this.

That's awesome Acor, nice job

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan41 View Post
Susan you couldn't have found a better group!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Rural!
What a great friend! Sometimes I wish my "family" was that thoughtful.

So how is your second FF going so close to your last? I find I get better results if I wait at least three weeks in between. What to you eat on your normal days?
Actually I've been following your advice. It probably seems like I've done more FFing because I've talked about it so much. I did 5 days in August, another 8 days in September, and then 3 days last week, with another 2 days this week, which I would have done it all in the same week had there not been the family gatherings. So now I'll wait until mid to late November before doing it again.

This past month was actually the first time I started losing weight by just following my plan and not having to do something different--half a pound per week. It took me a while to find what works for me, and that seems to be staying around 1,400 per day, with 60 - 70 grams of protein, 15 carbs, and fat around 70 - 75%.

As to what I've been eating normally--chicken thighs, scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken wings, deviled eggs, cream cheese pie, olives, pecans, hamburgers, tuna salad, low carb chili, sausage with cheese and scrambled eggs. Basically eggs are a big part of my diet, veggies usually one serving a day in some form.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That is so sweet of her. Some people are so gifted in hospitality!
Say, what do you eat on FF? Is that where you eat coconut fat bombs all day? Just curious.
No fat bombs! I actually vary my food on a FF rather than eat the same thing over and over. For example, of the two days I did it this week, I ate pepperoni "chips" with whipped cream cheese, a single scrambled egg with butter and cheddar cheese and a mushroom, mocha mascarpone mousse, a deviled egg with a few green olives, and 1 oz. of roasted cinnamon pecans. Basically, if it didn't taste good, I wouldn't eat it. All of those things are yummy, just would have liked to eat more of them!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Arural and Terri: FF...don't know how you guys do it. I'm never hungry or full (think it's a disconnect between my brain and stomach), and some days I've gone as low as 900 calories, but every time I've tried a FF, I seriously crave!
I think it's the yummy food that makes it work for me. The Fat Fast Cookbook has helped tremendously.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan41 View Post
Susan!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Great job, Acor!! Naf, hang in there--I think you're doing great!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Heeey, we have vegemite and Timtams as well yanno I love vegemite and miss it a bit, but I occasionally spread it on some pork cracklings, or make one of those one egg linseed muffins.

No M&E for me at the moment. I've been sick with some kind of colon spasms so have been eating more veges and rich sauces to calm it down.

LOL, in the 'old days' i would have avoided those thinking they'd make it worse and ate dry bread. Yuck!
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Heeey, we have vegemite and Timtams as well yanno I love vegemite and miss it a bit, but I occasionally spread it on some pork cracklings, or make one of those one egg linseed muffins.

No M&E for me at the moment. I've been sick with some kind of colon spasms so have been eating more veges and rich sauces to calm it down.

LOL, in the 'old days' i would have avoided those thinking they'd make it worse and ate dry bread. Yuck!
Nope, I didn't know that you had them too!! Is still eat vegemite when I want it...but a definite no on the Tim tams
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Actually I've been following your advice. It probably seems like I've done more FFing because I've talked about it so much. I did 5 days in August, another 8 days in September, and then 3 days last week, with another 2 days this week, which I would have done it all in the same week had there not been the family gatherings. So now I'll wait until mid to late November before doing it again.

This past month was actually the first time I started losing weight by just following my plan and not having to do something different--half a pound per week. It took me a while to find what works for me, and that seems to be staying around 1,400 per day, with 60 - 70 grams of protein, 15 carbs, and fat around 70 - 75%.

As to what I've been eating normally--chicken thighs, scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken wings, deviled eggs, cream cheese pie, olives, pecans, hamburgers, tuna salad, low carb chili, sausage with cheese and scrambled eggs. Basically eggs are a big part of my diet, veggies usually one serving a day in some form.
Sounds Like we're on the same wave length. I really like it too and eat a lot of the same foods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post

Sorry you're not feeling well Lil! Hope you pull out of it soon.