Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I dont believe I have ever gone longer than 5 days. I read people doing it for months and I am astounded at their tenacity I have some good losses on just plain old chicken breast with some butter, but its not consistant enough that I could say "Here's a way to lose weight". Pretty much like all the things ive tried So slow and steady, and get back my elderly bikini body

Healing is going really well. Quite a bit of tissue has reattached firmly, almost all the bruising has gone apart from one little bit. I'd say knowing what I do about the body and healing, I am about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I think its entirely dietry related myself. I eat good wholesome food, very low carb, and take vitamins and minerals. I dont smoke, rarely drink. About the only thing I dont do according to conventional wisdom is exercise regulary. In fact I havent done any for weeks and cant do any for another 6 because of the surgery. Yet here I am....losing weight

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Ooh! Meant to say, see my avatar? I got a new tattoo while in Thailand
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hi and ... we'd love to have you join us!

Here are the basics for you to refresh your memory:

*Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it

* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs"), HWC and some of us eat butter, olive and avocado oil.

* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!

* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.

* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese, avocado or a few nuts if you'd like.

* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.

* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

I haven't looked at the 'egg/protein fast recipes' so am not sure... pretty much anything can go with M&E and it depends on whether or not you want to do it really clean or if you still get results/feel good when you add stuff in. It seems to be one of those things where everyone reacts differently to it

Hope that helps....
Thanks for the great write-up, Natasha!

Here's the recipe thread if anyone hasn't seen it.

RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....

It looks like it's geared towards those that do M/E.
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I dont believe I have ever gone longer than 5 days. I read people doing it for months and I am astounded at their tenacity I have some good losses on just plain old chicken breast with some butter, but its not consistant enough that I could say "Here's a way to lose weight". Pretty much like all the things ive tried So slow and steady, and get back my elderly bikini body

Healing is going really well. Quite a bit of tissue has reattached firmly, almost all the bruising has gone apart from one little bit. I'd say knowing what I do about the body and healing, I am about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I think its entirely dietry related myself. I eat good wholesome food, very low carb, and take vitamins and minerals. I dont smoke, rarely drink. About the only thing I dont do according to conventional wisdom is exercise regulary. In fact I havent done any for weeks and cant do any for another 6 because of the surgery. Yet here I am....losing weight
That's great news Lil! I really do think diet has a lot to do with healing. You might find M&E helps eliminate some of the fluid that you get after surgery as well

P.s. LOVE the tattoo...it's hard to tell from the pic, but is it on your ankle?? Is it your first??
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acor View Post
Thanks for the great write-up, Natasha!

Here's the recipe thread if anyone hasn't seen it.

RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....

It looks like it's geared towards those that do M/E.
You are welcome Feel free to post your menus on here so if you need any help people can offer some assistance if you are struggling. Good luck.

I'll check out the thread you posted, cheers.

Happy losing all
Old 10-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Yep, on my ankle, and its my 4th. its a cover up of something less nice. my next one will also be a cover up. The augmentation required some tissue being cut away and it cut the head off a butterfly who now looks likda odd But thats not going to be for 12 months to allow the tissue there to heal completly.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks! I got it done at the local Drug-store. They have a corner set up for passports... nice, it gets printed right away. Gotta love digital!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
So far I've had 2 days of gains Mon. +.4 to 128.8 and This morning +.6 to 129.4. No changes in what I've been eating or calorie count. TOM is coming next week so I tend to blame that primarily. Really want to make no changes since then this becomes a "thing" and I don't want to get obsessive or stressed about it and start tweaking things.

So just going to keep my menu as is for now. Which is basically 6 eggs, proteins and fat from bacon grease/olive oil/butter/mayo/hwc. I had planned on adding in avocado tomorrow and then a little cheese for variety the day after.

Going to see where I end up at the end of the week. It could just be my body adjusting to this WOE and normnal fluctuations since last week I had a few STS days. Going to keep at it.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I tried the pumpkin shake listed on that recipe thread and it was pretty good. Here's the info if anyone else wants it:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

--Edith Wharton
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Last night I tried the pumpkin shake listed on that recipe thread and it was pretty good. Here's the info if anyone else wants it:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein
That sounds so yummy ! When I am comfortable adding back more carbs I'll try it. I have a can of organic pumpkin that I can use. Only would need to get the spices.
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
That sounds so yummy ! When I am comfortable adding back more carbs I'll try it. I have a can of organic pumpkin that I can use. Only would need to get the spices.
It was pretty damn good, especially if you're in the mood for pumpkin pie. I portioned the pumpkin, cream, spices, and 1/2 a splenda packet into individual containers, then I put them in the freezer. When I was ready for one, I just pulled it out of the fridge, added the water (I only used 1/4th cup) and egg and blended it with my stick blender.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hey Everyone

All, sorry dropped outta forum for a bit. Things just been tough finanacially lately. Staying on plan as much as possible, but hard when wondering how to pay next months rent. Not working right now, but looking. Hoping something will turn up. I get to the library or other place to use the inernet right now. Just wanted to say missed you all. I'll try to get back online more often. Proud of everyone's successes. Take care of yourselves and will check back again soon.

Hugs to all my good buddies here. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
So far I've had 2 days of gains Mon. +.4 to 128.8 and This morning +.6 to 129.4. No changes in what I've been eating or calorie count. TOM is coming next week so I tend to blame that primarily. Really want to make no changes since then this becomes a "thing" and I don't want to get obsessive or stressed about it and start tweaking things.

So just going to keep my menu as is for now. Which is basically 6 eggs, proteins and fat from bacon grease/olive oil/butter/mayo/hwc. I had planned on adding in avocado tomorrow and then a little cheese for variety the day after.

Going to see where I end up at the end of the week. It could just be my body adjusting to this WOE and normnal fluctuations since last week I had a few STS days. Going to keep at it.
That is a good plan, not adjusting your menu, and then you can know for sure that it's just TOM and nothing to do with what you are eating (which looks really good and clean BTW). I find that even when I do M&E the dreaded TOM does make me gain a little...As weird as it sounds, if I up my water intake it tends to help stop the fluid retention

Quote:

Thanks for that Acor! I believe it's getting cooler on your side of the world at the moment and you all seem obsessed with pumpkin It's not really the thing to do over here when it gets colder and most of us would never even consider putting pumpkin in a pie or a drink Not sure how I feel about the concept! Might give it a try if I'm feeling adventurous We kind of keep our pumpkin consumption to savoury dishes with the occasional addition to scones or maybe sometimes in cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
All, sorry dropped outta forum for a bit. Things just been tough finanacially lately. Staying on plan as much as possible, but hard when wondering how to pay next months rent. Not working right now, but looking. Hoping something will turn up. I get to the library or other place to use the inernet right now. Just wanted to say missed you all. I'll try to get back online more often. Proud of everyone's successes. Take care of yourselves and will check back again soon.

Hugs to all my good buddies here. Mae
Awwwww Mae, we miss you So nice to see you back. Wishing you success with your job hunt and hopefully you will be back on track soon. Take care, hope to see you soon xx
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I'm back to cycle a few days M&E until Saturday, which will mean 1 day on and one day off for the next 4 days....

Today's planned menu:
B: 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk
S: Frozen blended iced coffee with HWC, stevia & almond milk
L: Leftover roast lamb, 1 or 2 x boiled eggs with mayo
D: Ground pork cooked in curry spices and coconut oil (maybe a dollop of FF Greek Yoghurt)
A bucket load of water and 1 hour of cardio

Happy losing everyone...
Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011
Today I had 3 chicken thighs, 3 eggs, a little deli turkey and a little cheese.
Plus coffee.

Feeling good!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for that Acor! I believe it's getting cooler on your side of the world at the moment and you all seem obsessed with pumpkin It's not really the thing to do over here when it gets colder and most of us would never even consider putting pumpkin in a pie or a drink Not sure how I feel about the concept! Might give it a try if I'm feeling adventurous We kind of keep our pumpkin consumption to savoury dishes with the occasional addition to scones or maybe sometimes in cakes
Yes! Although I'm in Florida, so it's still in the upper 80's for now. Pumpkin is one of those awesome gourds that is great in savory or sweet dishes.

Sounds like all of you guys are doing great. I'm finished with day 2 of m/e, eating pretty much beef, bacon, and eggs with cream, mayo, and butter thrown in to keep the fat up. Yesterday (Tuesday), I had 4 total carbs, 100 fat, and 71 protein.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Ok, I'm back to cycle a few days M&E until Saturday, which will mean 1 day on and one day off for the next 4 days....

Today's planned menu:
B: 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk
S: Frozen blended iced coffee with HWC, stevia & almond milk
L: Leftover roast lamb, 1 or 2 x boiled eggs with mayo
D: Ground pork cooked in curry spices and coconut oil (maybe a dollop of FF Greek Yoghurt)
A bucket load of water and 1 hour of cardio

Happy losing everyone...
But I didn't see a pumpkin shake. Kidding.

You are right, Natasha. We are pretty pumpkin obsessed over here. I can't wait to try the shake myself. Oh, and more pies and bread and maybe even a gooey butter cake, too.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mae, Melody, Natasha, Terri, Naf, Lil, Joey, and Pandora.

And a big to Junebug, Psmiley, and Acor. Glad to have you with us!

Hope everyone is doing well and losing (and healing). Went to my brother's birthday party last weekend and only ate the ribs and sausage from the BBQ, with about a half cup of salad. No baked beans, no corn on the cob, no cake--and that was okay with me. On Saturday it will be my nephew's first birthday, and I plan to dodge all the high carb food again.

Right now I am debating whether to break ketosis and eat normally on Thanksgiving. Hubby is determined not to go off plan, and that is the way I am leaning. It's getting to the place where it just doesn't feel worth it to go off plan if it means setting me back a week. I'm looking at various low carb dishes to take the place of the typical high carb fare. Granted, I will miss the candied sweet potatoes!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Aruralgirl! Good for you staying on plan during parties and also thinking you might do it for Thanksgiving - that will be a big one for me. My problem is that a day or weekend off plan often turns into months off plan.

Try the shake with sweet potatoes! The pumpkin shake I made isn't too sweet since I cut the sweetener in half (can't stand the taste of any diet sweeteners), but I really think I would have no problem skipping the pumpkin pie if I made myself one of these and added some whipped cream on top.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How do you cook the pumpkin? Split, scrape & bake? Face down? Up? I bought one to cook & freeze...
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
How do you cook the pumpkin? Split, scrape & bake? Face down? Up? I bought one to cook & freeze...
I bought it in a can. (lazy) If I did, I'd probably cut it into halves or fourths, scrape out the seeds, wrap in foil, and bake.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Granted, I will miss the candied sweet potatoes!
Ruralgirl...well done on staying strong during your outings...good job You made me LOL with your pumpkin shake comment!!! Hmmmm, still sounds a bit 'wrong' to me!!!

I've never had candied sweet potatoes before (we obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving here...and again with the weirdness of eating something sweetened that should be savoury!)...but I was interested and did a little digging and found this recipe...not sure if it helps but may be worth a go

Quote:
Candied Yams
Carbs Per Serving: 7g
Skill Level: Easy

Ingredients:
6 sweet potatoes
½ cup butter
2 tbs. Molasses
1 cup Steviva Blend
2 tbs. vanilla extract
¼ cup water

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Boil potatoes in skins until about half done.

Drain water from potatoes, remove skins, & cut in lengthwise slices.

Place slices in a greased baking dish & dot with butter.

Make a syrup by boiling together Steviva Blend, molasses, water, & vanilla. Pour over potato slices.

Bake 45-50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup.

Cook until potatoes are transparent.

More Low Carb Holiday Recipes
Old 10-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I bought it in a can. (lazy) If I did, I'd probably cut it into halves or fourths, scrape out the seeds, wrap in foil, and bake.
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ruralgirl...well done on staying strong during your outings...good job You made me LOL with your pumpkin shake comment!!! Hmmmm, still sounds a bit 'wrong' to me!!!

I've never had candied sweet potatoes before (we obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving here...and again with the weirdness of eating something sweetened that should be savoury!)...but I was interested and did a little digging and found this recipe...not sure if it helps but may be worth a go
Oh my gosh, Natasha, you made my day!!! Uber cyber !!! It just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving without candied sweet potatoes!

Incidentally, I have a friend who grew up in South Africa who also didn't get the pumpkin thing. For the most part, it's still a bit strange to her, though she does buy a pumpkin pie for herself from the grocery store (she's a non-cook) every year for Thanksgiving. . . I would say if you are someone who likes the consistency of a chilled pie (think chocolate or lemon custard) and the taste of a spice cake, you might like it. . . Or not.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Aruralgirl! Good for you staying on plan during parties and also thinking you might do it for Thanksgiving - that will be a big one for me. My problem is that a day or weekend off plan often turns into months off plan.

Try the shake with sweet potatoes! The pumpkin shake I made isn't too sweet since I cut the sweetener in half (can't stand the taste of any diet sweeteners), but I really think I would have no problem skipping the pumpkin pie if I made myself one of these and added some whipped cream on top.
Hmmm, Acor, that's a thought. Will have to give that a try once my sweet potatoes have "cured." Just dug them out of the garden yesterday because we got a frost here.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Debby! Forgot to say hi to you the other day--I write these things late at night sometimes when I'm not exactly in the sharpest of mind!

I would agree with Acor. That method should work. I have also roasted medium-sized pumpkins split in half face down after scraping out the seeds. Oh, and I have also roasted the seeds, even though it's a bit of work. I like the taste of them roasted with a coating of oil and salted when they come out of the oven. If you are interested, I can hunt up the recipe from a low carb cookbook I have.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi! thanks for the welcome.
Yeah, I used to bake the seeds for my kids, years ago... might do that, will see how messy it is. I will probably bake like you said. Don't care for foil, I'm suspicious of 'chemicals'... Probably would be good to let it dry out anyway, pumpkin tends to be kind of runny, doesn't it?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

I've fallen off the M&E wagon. Not entirely my fault. I had some chinese which I thought was safe, but judging from the bloating and cramps it was not

and I'd just set a personal record of 6 days....

Tashy - Im with you, pumpkin should be roasted, mashed or made into soup Having said that I did find a reciepe for a low carb pumpkin bake that 'they' say tastes like pumpkin pie filling. I wouldnt have a clue being kiwi and all, but its quite nice. i make it on occasion and have it with greek yougurt for breakfast.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the pumpkin/sweet potato thing weird! But I think we southerners have been brought up on different stuff Vegemite & Tim Tams for example! Well, maybe just us Aussies but I'm pretty sure you might agree with something like pineapple lumps (or something else that might be your thing) Lil!

Wow 6 days, well done!! Oh no, off the wagon...how did you fare on the scales?? :/
Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the pumpkin/sweet potato thing weird! But I think we southerners have been brought up on different stuff Vegemite & Tim Tams for example! Well, maybe just us Aussies but I'm pretty sure you might agree with something like pineapple lumps (or something else that might be your thing) Lil!

Wow 6 days, well done!! Oh no, off the wagon...how did you fare on the scales?? :/
I used to be part of an online forum where we'd all exchange names and send gift packages to each other every once in a while. I had a partner from Australia one time who sent me some Vegemite and my daughter loved it!