Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
down -.2 to 128.8 with about 1650 in calories. So far so good and going to keep on until I get tired of it
Glad it's working out for you, Pandora.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
Good morning, everyone!

Nothing new to report here. Still doing the same 'ol, same 'ol. Resisting the urge to start baking. I *think* I could handle it as long as it goes out the door the next morning with my husband or son, but not sure so I'm still holding out. That has been the hardest part of this whole thing. I love to bake...and no, baking the low carb stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Lil: Welcome back! I just got back a week ago from Florida and just don't have the time to go back and read three weeks worth of posts so I too was wondering where everyone was.

to Karai, Terri, Tashy, Aruralgirl, JoeyB, Pandora, Debby, Harriet, NAF and Mae (if you're reading).
Old 10-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: HW 180/CW 138/GW 112
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
Hi everyone! Popping over from another M&E challenge, didnt realize this one was already started. This will be my 4th M&E, love it, works like a charm. I want to be at my best for the holidays so if I gain a little it wont set me back too much. So my plan is 2 cups bulletproof coffee (i do mine w/ 1tbsp CO and 1tbsp kerrygold per a mug). And then eggs for lunch, meat for dinner - for the most part. I will prob have eggs for dinner too sometimes, they are just so easy and fast. I typically do daily weigh ins...for this M&E I want to try and do once a week, focus more on how I feel.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Down another -.2 to 128.6 & just going to keep chugging along. Really not missing fruit or veggies or my lc baking. Eating about 6 eggs a day and whatever protein I am craving with either butter, mayo (seems to be my favorite) or olive oil. Coffee with hwc and feel great so just going to keep at it. What I do like is that before I was convinced I could not live without cheese, fruit or lc baking and this has taught me otherwise. Feels like no food truly has a hold on me.

Last edited by pandora174; 10-17-2013 at 07:03 AM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Thanks for asking, Terri. I do have a tracker. It's okay, but I'll probably stick it out anyway because I've got recipes in it, and it would be such a pain to look up all those ingredients all over again.
I'm the same way. I've thought of trying some others I've heard people really like, but I've built so many custom foods I hate to leave the investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Nothing new to report here. Still doing the same 'ol, same 'ol. Resisting the urge to start baking. I *think* I could handle it as long as it goes out the door the next morning with my husband or son, but not sure so I'm still holding out. That has been the hardest part of this whole thing. I love to bake...and no, baking the low carb stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Lil: Welcome back! I just got back a week ago from Florida and just don't have the time to go back and read three weeks worth of posts so I too was wondering where everyone was.

to Karai, Terri, Tashy, Aruralgirl, JoeyB, Pandora, Debby, Harriet, NAF and Mae (if you're reading).
Hey Melody!
Yeah I had to “buy” cookies yesterday for a service today and that almost did me in. No way am I ready to smell fresh baked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Hi everyone! Popping over from another M&E challenge, didnt realize this one was already started. This will be my 4th M&E, love it, works like a charm. I want to be at my best for the holidays so if I gain a little it wont set me back too much. So my plan is 2 cups bulletproof coffee (i do mine w/ 1tbsp CO and 1tbsp kerrygold per a mug). And then eggs for lunch, meat for dinner - for the most part. I will prob have eggs for dinner too sometimes, they are just so easy and fast. I typically do daily weigh ins...for this M&E I want to try and do once a week, focus more on how I feel.
Welcome June,
I don’t know if you’d really call this a challenge, we all kind of ebb & flow between this and whatever else we’re doing and just enjoy supporting each other doing whatever. Please feel free to join us! Good Luck to you!!

Quote:
Down another -.2 to 128.6 & just going to keep chugging along. Really not missing fruit or veggies or my lc baking. Eating about 6 eggs a day and whatever protein I am craving with either butter, mayo (seems to be my favorite) or olive oil. Coffee with hwc and feel great so just going to keep at it. What I do like is that before I was convinced I could not live without cheese, fruit or lc baking and this has taught me otherwise. Feels like no food truly has a hold on me.
Nice going Pandora! You just keep getting smaller & smaller.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

So...I have a big decision to make. For years now I've sent baked goods into work with my husband and, as a result, have added a number of people to my 'network'. This morning, one of them offered me a job...in the culinary program, teaching a few of the Baking 201 and 301 courses. I've been a teacher of various things over the years - in a public school, business school, continuing ed classes for various things - and I love to teach people new things...but oh man...around food, and the kind of food I can't have any more.

I don't have to give them an answer until December 1st and, as much as I would *love* to do this and hate passing up the opportunity, my fear of going off on a bender weighs heavily. My husband suggested that I move into it gradually and test the waters by baking a few things at home and sending them into his work...which would be very much the same thing...being around it to bake, but not having it in my face afterwards.

Decisions decisions.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
So...I have a big decision to make. For years now I've sent baked goods into work with my husband and, as a result, have added a number of people to my 'network'. This morning, one of them offered me a job...in the culinary program, teaching a few of the Baking 201 and 301 courses. I've been a teacher of various things over the years - in a public school, business school, continuing ed classes for various things - and I love to teach people new things...but oh man...around food, and the kind of food I can't have any more.

I don't have to give them an answer until December 1st and, as much as I would *love* to do this and hate passing up the opportunity, my fear of going off on a bender weighs heavily. My husband suggested that I move into it gradually and test the waters by baking a few things at home and sending them into his work...which would be very much the same thing...being around it to bake, but not having it in my face afterwards.

Decisions decisions.
Oh wow Melody that is a bit of a head scratcher I'm a teacher too so I understand the love of sharing knowledge I think your husband's right, maybe you should try to start the baking at home and sending it off to see if you can do it without too much temptation (which I also understand due to my love of baking!). I find if I do my baking when I have a full stomach or have some chewing gum in my mouth I am less inclined to 'taste' it... too frequently!

I'm also not as afraid of baking now that I do Paleo/Primal because the stuff I make is so delicious, natural, and healthy that the guilt-factor, and therefore the temptation, has been removed somewhat. It also helps that gluten is a complete no-no for me and I've had to find other alternatives to take the place of flour.

Best of luck with your decision.... and can I just add that a person who has shown such willpower to make the positive changes in her life that you have made, to lose all of your weight, you've totally got this...have faith in yourself, I bet you are stronger than you give yourself credit for

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-17-2013 at 03:01 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Can you build your own course, or are you required to teach from an exisiting programme? I was just wondering if you could do some paleo baking. Good for you - and educating subliminally

Finally weighed myself this morning 61.7kg/136.02 which is a bit depressing. However I know 500grams is implants and there is post surgical swelling to count as well. So onwards and upwards and eggs, eggs, eggs. Plus some meat
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Lil: The course requirements are already in place and while I could introduce the idea of paleo, it's kind of expected that they're going to learn 'traditional' baking (yeast breads, etc.). Remember, the number on the scale is just that and doesn't reflect the whole truth.

Tashy: Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I ended up making a coffeecake early this morning (as my first test run) and sent it off to work with my husband. My house now has the enticing aroma of apples running through it, but so far I'm good and I know, within an hour or so, I won't even smell it. It's funny how the nose can become so used to a certain aroma that it no longer smells it.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011
May I join you? I've been going a M&E fast since Wednesday. I am struggling a bit today, but I came home and used a ketostix and I was nicely pink, so it gave me a motivation boost!
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

No, you cant!

of course you can.

So, I know M&E is a great diurectic and I know a lot of my 'weight' at the moment is tissue swelling, but holy cow it does work fast! 60.6kg/133.6 pounds.At this rate a couple of days and i'll be back at pre holiday weight, even with my new assets
Old 10-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

My rings are loose on my fingers again!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
No, you cant!

of course you can.

So, I know M&E is a great diurectic and I know a lot of my 'weight' at the moment is tissue swelling, but holy cow it does work fast! 60.6kg/133.6 pounds.At this rate a couple of days and i'll be back at pre holiday weight, even with my new assets
GO LIL GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
May I join you? I've been going a M&E fast since Wednesday. I am struggling a bit today, but I came home and used a ketostix and I was nicely pink, so it gave me a motivation boost!
Paula!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

STS the same this morning at 128.6. But it's all good since I didn't gain. If I can stay steady in the 128 range or lower I will be happy when I was stabilizing at 130-131 before. But we'll see what tomorrow brings on the scale. I really would like to get to 125-126 so going to keep at it since it's going very well i think.

Tomorrow is 1 week on the M&E fast & I've lost -2.8 while upping my calories by 300 to 400 calories. What I noticing now is I am getting a little nauseated and then when I stop eating eventually it goes away. Today I was 100-200 calories less than the days before. Tomorrow going to make sure I get my calories in.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Nausea is a common side effect of m&e. I dont worry too much about it, its like a bonus weight reduction perk
Old 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: HW 180/CW 138/GW 112
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
Did well today - bullet proof coffee for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and for dinner we went out but I had steak and some salad. Passed on the wine...sigh... Saving to have a glass Sunday night at a girls night. On to the weekend! They are easier for me, my family is home and I am more accountable for what and when I eat.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Good morning, All!

Autumn/Fall is def. here in Virginia. It's a cool, crisp morning.. love it! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year!

Welcome to june and Paula. This is a great group of people and I'm certain you will feel 'right at home' with us here on this thread.

pandora- Congratulations on your continued losses! Although, we all know that the scale only tells half the story when it comes to weight loss, seeing that number decrease sure is a great motivator, isn't it?

Melody- That sounds like such a wonderful opportunity! Pray about it, think about it, and I'm sure you will make the best decision for you!

tashy, RuralGirl, Joey, Debby, Karai, Terri, Harriet, and lil I hope you all are doing well also.

Cheers!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
The past two weeks have brought along gains. However, I am happy to report that this week, I lost weight.
I lost 5lbs this round (10/13-10/18). Here's hoping next Saturday I will be at goal.
NewestAtkinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I spent most of yesterday afternoon baking different kinds of muffins and took them off to the homeless shelter this morning. I usually do this every fall and winter because it allows me to do what I love to do, but keeps me from making my husband and son fat from all the goodies. So far so good. Funny, but I'm feeling no temptation to eat anything and, actually, the act of baking seems to be curtailing the craving I've had lately for some of this stuff. Maybe I wasn't craving the carbs, so much as I was missing doing the baking?

NAF: Yeah on the weight loss! Feels so good, yes?

Paula: The more, the merrier.

Pandora: Congrats on the weight loss!

Lil: New assets?

to Karai, Terri, Tashy, Aruralgirl, JoeyB, Debby, Harriet, Junebug and Mae!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

down -.2 to 128.4. As to non scale victories my stomach is flatter than when I was at the same weight. No muffin top ! I feel leaner and have gotten a few "you look so skinny" I swear I can't get enough of that one
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Junebug, I hear the sigh on passing on the wine from here I pretty much dont drink now. Not because I dont want to, but because it doesnt fit in with my weight goals vs WOE. I consol myself with feeling vituous. it doesnt help tho

Naf - omigosh, that is amazing! you are such an inspiration to me. Some times you're up, sometimes you're down, but your attitude is always so positive.

Aomiel - I got a breast augmentation for my birthday. Still very much in healing phase, so lots of swelling/water.

Pandora - I LOVE hearing that

Well now change today, but after yesterdays HUGE drop, I shouldnt be greedy
Old 10-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a salad today. I was looking forward to it, but I didn't really enjoy it because I didn't want to consume the carbs in the dressing. It came with raspberry vinaigrette and I don't have any other dressing in my house. So, tomorrow I will get some lettuce and blue cheese so I can have an occasional salad.

Tomorrow is my first shopping trip since I started the M&E fast, so I can't wait to stock up on some delicious meats!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

STS 128.4 and today is day 9 of the M&E fast so far so good. I've had continual drops and I am seeing tinier drops and then STS and so on. To be honest I am very happy even if I just STS with this WOE. I can eat lots more and if the scale continues to go down even if in tiny increments it just seems like the cherry on the top of the cake.

So to recap when I started on 10/12 I was 131.4 and today 10/20 I am 128.4 which is exactly down 3 lbs Even if I "lose" .5 a week in a month that's another 2 lbs which hopefully brings me to 126. So keeping on with what I've been doing. Will eventually add back in cheese or avocados and maybe some nuts and lettuce for a salad but right now have no immediate plans.

I would love to get to 125 in time for the holidays so keeping my fingers crossed.

Also for others not to be discouraged I know I have very little body fat left. I'm 5"4 and 44 years old and was maintaing from 127-131 but the last month I was noticing the scale was staying at 130-131 and I was eating very few calories with lots of fruits/veggies/lc breads. So I needed a re-set in my eating but particularly to add back in calories and chose the M&E fast to do this.

Very very happy with my energy & another non scale victory I can do my treadmill now 7 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 40 min when before I could barely do 15-20 min.

Last edited by pandora174; 10-20-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
I've love to join you guys, too, please! It's been years since I've done a m/e fast, so could someone refresh my memory? I remember eating all meat and eggs, of course, with basically any fat I wanted (butter, mayo, oil), but cutting out the cheese, veggies, and fruits that I would normally eat. Is that correct?

Also, are the recipes in the "RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST...." thread okay and do you guys use them with success? I'd especially like to try that pumpkin shake! Lastly, what about avocados?

Thanks so much!
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acor View Post
I've love to join you guys, too, please! It's been years since I've done a m/e fast, so could someone refresh my memory? I remember eating all meat and eggs, of course, with basically any fat I wanted (butter, mayo, oil), but cutting out the cheese, veggies, and fruits that I would normally eat. Is that correct?

Also, are the recipes in the "RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST...." thread okay and do you guys use them with success? I'd especially like to try that pumpkin shake! Lastly, what about avocados?

Thanks so much!
Hi and ... we'd love to have you join us!

Here are the basics for you to refresh your memory:

*Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it

* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs"), HWC and some of us eat butter, olive and avocado oil.

* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!

* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.

* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese, avocado or a few nuts if you'd like.

* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.

* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

I haven't looked at the 'egg/protein fast recipes' so am not sure... pretty much anything can go with M&E and it depends on whether or not you want to do it really clean or if you still get results/feel good when you add stuff in. It seems to be one of those things where everyone reacts differently to it

Hope that helps....

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-20-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
STS 128.4 and today is day 9 of the M&E fast so far so good. I've had continual drops and I am seeing tinier drops and then STS and so on. To be honest I am very happy even if I just STS with this WOE. I can eat lots more and if the scale continues to go down even if in tiny increments it just seems like the cherry on the top of the cake.

So to recap when I started on 10/12 I was 131.4 and today 10/20 I am 128.4 which is exactly down 3 lbs Even if I "lose" .5 a week in a month that's another 2 lbs which hopefully brings me to 126. So keeping on with what I've been doing. Will eventually add back in cheese or avocados and maybe some nuts and lettuce for a salad but right now have no immediate plans.

I would love to get to 125 in time for the holidays so keeping my fingers crossed.

Also for others not to be discouraged I know I have very little body fat left. I'm 5"4 and 44 years old and was maintaing from 127-131 but the last month I was noticing the scale was staying at 130-131 and I was eating very few calories with lots of fruits/veggies/lc breads. So I needed a re-set in my eating but particularly to add back in calories and chose the M&E fast to do this.

Very very happy with my energy & another non scale victory I can do my treadmill now 7 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 40 min when before I could barely do 15-20 min.
Hi Pandora... congrats on your success (both on and off scales!) Well done to you
Old 10-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I am going to try to do meats and eggs on weekdays and add in some veggies on weekends.
I was wondering about avocado. I'll give it another week and see if I feel like adding them. I let two go to waste last week because I bought them before I decided to eat this way.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
I think I am going to try to do meats and eggs on weekdays and add in some veggies on weekends.
I was wondering about avocado. I'll give it another week and see if I feel like adding them. I let two go to waste last week because I bought them before I decided to eat this way.
The weekday thing works very well I find because you get a bit of a break over the weekends and don't feel like you are being too deprived. Avocado is quite good to add in for a break too, and even adding in some lettuce helps break up the monotony because you can do things like caesar salads (with chicken, bacon, eggs) or wrap up your meat and mashed eggs in the leaves
Old 10-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

132.7. getting there

Hi tashy!

I find doing M&E for 3-5 days is about as long as I can do it before needing to try something else. Normally I move onto Atkins 72 because its pretty strict portion sizing, and frankly after 5 days of meat and egg, that 1/2 a cup of lettuce seems like pure luxury This time I'll prolly stick with it a bit longer since Im trying to get back to pre holiday, then go back to primal maintainace.

Im actually siting here at the moment wondering what to have for lunch. Im kinda off eggs today, which is a shame because they give such good losses. Maybe i'll cook up some chicken wings. I need the added protein anyway.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
132.7. getting there

Hi tashy!

I find doing M&E for 3-5 days is about as long as I can do it before needing to try something else. Normally I move onto Atkins 72 because its pretty strict portion sizing, and frankly after 5 days of meat and egg, that 1/2 a cup of lettuce seems like pure luxury This time I'll prolly stick with it a bit longer since Im trying to get back to pre holiday, then go back to primal maintainace.

Im actually siting here at the moment wondering what to have for lunch. Im kinda off eggs today, which is a shame because they give such good losses. Maybe i'll cook up some chicken wings. I need the added protein anyway.
Hey Lil!
Yeah I'm a bit the same, although I haven't gone all the way to 5 days for ages because I just get too desperate for veggies or salad after too long I think 3 days is my limit.

The losses on the eggs are definitely the best I find too...although makes me get a little 'gaggy' if I have to eat too many

Good job on the loss! How you healing up?