Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Karai, you got it - right back on the bandwagon before too much damage is done! Good job. I had my very first smore EVER in early summer! My GS couldn't believe I hadn't had one. I pretended like I didn't know how to make it so he could do it and show me. He loved that! Those things could be severely addicting.
JoeyB, you are spot on! They are addictive. Fortunately after fasting for 18 hours, my body did not want any more! The 2 that I ate were more than enough. Now, I am wanting brownies. My SIL dropped off some for the kiddoes, and talk about tempting...I put some in their lunches and froze the remainder. I am looking for LC versions of brownies to eat for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
I just realized, tomorrow makes 8 months since I quit smoking and re-started LCing. I see around various parts of this big board how a lot of people lose 10 lbs. a month, so that would have been 80 lbs!!! I'd almost be at goal if that had happened! Well, I figure I am healthier from eating this way and at my age, slower might be better. NOT an excuse for sloughing off anymore, though!!

I am having about one meal a day M & E.

My son is already asking me, "You ARE going to make Christmas goodies this year, aren't you?" I had said awhile back that I was NOT going to....Arrrgghhh. I guess I can make it, look at it - - and NOT EAT THAT POISON. I don't know. I think I should stick to my guns and not make it. Nobody around here needs it, either!

You guys have a good one!!
Slow is better. Don't beat yourself up. Another day is a new day. Just keep working your plan. And, if you detour a bit, it happens. For me, I am thinking of ways I can enjoy the holiday goodies and still feel okay with myself...like preparing LC or modified versions of the treats, etc. Plus, I gotta stay in the gym this holiday time. Last year during the holidays, I just rolled off of the exercise wagon and stayed off. This year will be different.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Keep Your Eyes on The Prize

Hello all!

I have a bit of updating and some venting to do with this update, so please bear with me here.

10/5/13: I gained 1.2lbs
So, the continously losing streak had to end sometime. And I'll admit I was a bad boy. You have to understand, Fall/Autumn is my favorite season. And with the changing of the color of the leaves and the crisp, cold, morning air comes the desire of wanting warm beverages. I drank more cups of coffee that week than I have all of September I believe. And it was not bulletproof coffee, it was several small cups of coffee with regular creamer and before I knew it, I had used the entire container. (I told you I was a bad boy) But, to only gain 1.2lbs. . . I was very grateful and surprisingly shocked. Before my Low Carb WOE I swear, I could have just looked at a pizza or cake or just smell a batch of freshly baked cookies, and I would gain 5-10 lbs automatically.

10/12/13: I gained 1.0lbs
I learned from the previous week about all the coffee with creamer drinking, so that wasn't my vice this week. This week it was. . . Halloween Candy. There they were in those giant "value packs"-- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Mello Creme Pumpkins made with real honey (prefer those over candy corn). So, I ate candy Tues. - Friday. Realizing that today was my weigh-in day, I tried to make myself come to terms that I've probably gained anywhere from 4-7lbs. based on the way I was wolfing-down all those pumpkins and peanut butter cups. But, surprise, surprise, it was only one, even, pound. I was overjoyed.

But, it is back to reality. I've had my "holiday," my "fun in the sun," and now it is time for me to get back on the bandwagon and focus on the goal I started over 6 months ago.

Back in April when I started, I probably weighed right at 350lbs if not more. I didn't have a scale in the house then, so I'm not exactly sure. Today, I weigh 306.4 lbs. I need to buckle down this week with another egg fast, etc., so next Saturday at this time I am in "Twoderville." At least I think that is the coined phrase for being in the 200s around here on this site.

Anyway, thanks for reading and the continued support folks. Talk to you again real soon, and remember "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize." Cheers!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Back in April when I started, I probably weighed right at 350lbs if not more. I didn't have a scale in the house then, so I'm not exactly sure. Today, I weigh 306.4 lbs. I need to buckle down this week with another egg fast, etc., so next Saturday at this time I am in "Twoderville." At least I think that is the coined phrase for being in the 200s around here on this site.

Anyway, thanks for reading and the continued support folks. Talk to you again real soon, and remember "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize." Cheers!

NAF
Oh NAF that is AMAZING!!!! Your overall loss is the main focus, so don't beat yourself up about the little bit of see-sawing that happens during the process. You have done so, so well and you really should be proud of yourself

The main point of starting a new WOE is about learning what makes you tick, learning about your own hunger, the emotions you attach to your eating habits and how to create balance, acceptance and harmony. It sounds like you are well on your way to getting there and the little 'slips ups' usually stop happening or they don't mean as much when they do.

Such great work, I feel really proud of you

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-12-2013 at 02:08 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hello Karai... here's another recipe for you. I posted one on the primal thread too but this one is more in line with a traditional LC diet (sans fruit) I have cooked these and I really liked them, but I used almond meal in place of flaxmeal (personal preference) and I also melted a small amount of 85% cocoa chocolate into them and used a sweetener that was a mix of stevia/erythitrol. Also, be sure not to overcook or they will become dry. They also store in the freezer very well -to help avoid temptation of eating the entire batch

Low-Carb Brownie Recipe - Miracle Brownies - Low-Carb Sugar-Free Brownies

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-12-2013 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Wanted to introduce myself. I'm in maintenance and have been at goal for some time now. I've been introducing healthy or good carbs from fruits and veggies for a while but I found myself lately very low calorie (1000-1200). Since I've been working out 6 to 7x a week I was just feeling a little tired and looking worn out. Normally I've been maintaining between 127 to 130 since March 2013.

So I wanted to add back in calories and also lose some bloat/inflammation. Last week I hit a high of 132. What best way than to go back to lc. So decided to do a 3 day M&E fast and then do Atkins Induction for a good long while and slowly build up the carbs.

Well Saturday woke up at 131.4 which is normal for me to drop due to extra sleep and built up my calories to about 1350 on Friday. Then Saturday started the M&E and got to 1550 in calories and lost -1.4 to 130 when I woke up this morning !! Today was able to eat about 1615 in calories and hope to see either a small drop or STS since usually I go up on Monday due to less sleep.

I thought I would miss my fruits and lc breads more. So far so good and honestly I could keep on longer than 2 or 3 days I feel very satisfied and have a lot more energy on the M&E and can't believe I can eat so many more calories and don't feel bloated at all.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,
I'm still quite lost on Mark's forum. Could you give me a hint where to find the description of this phase? I get that its steak & eggs, but its all kind of unclear about the rest.
Thanks!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.4 to 129.6 and I am a definite believer in the M&E fast since I am never down on a Monday morning and I had upped my calories to over 1600 ! I had one more day planned but serioulsy thinking of extending it !! I must say I feel fantastic !
Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hello Karai... here's another recipe for you. I posted one on the primal thread too but this one is more in line with a traditional LC diet (sans fruit) I have cooked these and I really liked them, but I used almond meal in place of flaxmeal (personal preference) and I also melted a small amount of 85% cocoa chocolate into them and used a sweetener that was a mix of stevia/erythitrol. Also, be sure not to overcook or they will become dry. They also store in the freezer very well -to help avoid temptation of eating the entire batch

Low-Carb Brownie Recipe - Miracle Brownies - Low-Carb Sugar-Free Brownies
Tashy, thank you so much! I will also make these this weekend. I like both recipes. The primal one can be made for my family (I'll try one too ) and these LC ones...well...can be my staple brownies to pull out when they are eating the higher carb ones. You know, I think I'll feed both to the guys and see which one they prefer.

Again thanks!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
I have a question, please. When you eat "meat and eggs" do you allow good fat? I have been trying Stillman's but just eggs and lean meats with no fat is tough! I can't have any cottage cheese or eggs because all dairy products give me migraines. That is what makes it so difficult for me to go low carb. Most of the recipes are full of HWC or some type of cheese (cream cheese!). I can't have any of that! :-(

Thanks for the help!
Can't even imagine going on meat and eggs and cutting out fat <shudder>. I've just started back on an egg fast since my mind has been wandering where it shouldn't (it's the time of year when I normally bake and cook up a storm).

I'll do 2 eggs cooked in about 8gm of butter and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast. Lunch is 3 eggs, deviled with 2 Tbs mayo. Dinner is a 3 egg omelet cooked in 8gm of butter with maybe 1/2 oz of cheese. I'll also drink coffee with maybe a daily total of 1/4 cup half and half. My carbs come in under 10 for the day.

I'm not slathering on fats, but there are enough here to keep me from craving.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back! I decided to take a vacation from the computer when I took my vacation to Florida. Instead I spent time with my 1 1/2 yr old granddaughter. Sooo fun! So I'm not even going to attempt to go back and read 3 weeks or so of posts.

I stayed on plan on the 3 day drive to and from, eating out of the cooler for breakfast and lunch and then finding something low carb for dinner at a restaurant. Since I do all the cooking while visiting my son's family, they got to eat just like me...low carb. All in all I'm pretty pleased that I didn't cave to the usual habit of eating my way from one place to another as I did in the past. It's good to be home though as I find that a routine helps keep me on track.

NAF: Congrats on the 6 month anniversary and your progress! Keep up the good work. I remember how good it felt to drop under that 300 mark!

Joey: You do what you need to stay successful (re: the baking for the holidays). I have baked *nothing* since January 1. In fact, I cleaned out my pantry so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm debating whether I'm going to test the waters (aka my control) for the holidays and bake this year. I'm not promising my family anything. <g>

AuralG: I have always used an online journal to log what I eat. I find it helps from becoming 'vague' about calorie/protein/carb creep (all being important to maintain diabetic compliance and stay off meds).

{waving to Karai, Terri and Tashy}
Old 10-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hey Melody, welcome back!!

WTG on you trip! Just the inspiration I needed. And to think I was having trouble getting through the weekend.

Was everyone just knocked over by your success?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Wow to both NAF and Melody!!

NAF, you have done a fabulous job. We have all slipped up and probably we all will again. But we keep coming back!! You should be very proud of yourself. We all are proud of you! Keep up the good work.

Melody, you put me to shame! That's great you stuck to it on a trip and at your son's house. Not sure I could be as strong but you really are an inspiration, as Terry said. And I think it's hard to stick with it around home. Waaahhh to me. Such a big baby I can be.

But, stick with it I have and am down - after going off a couple times, then coming back on and just not losing much or fast at all - - this last week was a nice whoosh of 3 1/2 lbs. Not all at once, but slowly. In a week, though. This is miraculous for me. I carefully watched what I ate. But still I did eat a lot of the same ol' things I had been. My ketosticks finally register one level up in ketosis, and I thought so anyway with this mouth!!

What is interesting, is, I have been trying to do this meat and eggs. Ending up doing about half ME and half just regular ol' LC. Seems to be working.

Now to keep at it.

I made good old fashioned homemade bacon, potato, cheese and veggie soup. This stuff is soooo good. But I didn't have any, just a small taste or two off a spoon. That's it. No Italian bread. I did have my cabbage stew and my jello mousse. Need to modify that stew although it's edible...LOL.

Terry you are doing very well. VERY well. You'll be fine!

Fall is finally here after a week of WINTER! I wasn't sure we were going to get Fall. But the rain quit at last and didn't ruin the tree leaves, so we've got pretty colors, and good weather, albeit chilly. I love Fall. Makes you want to settle and cozy in.

Have a great week, and Hi and all the best to everyone!!
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Terri: We were in Florida last April (and I'd already lost the weight) so my son and his wife weren't surprised at my weight loss. They did say they were so proud of me for taking responsibility for my diabetes though, getting off all meds and increasing my odds of being here to see my granddaughter get married one day.

Joey: I think the difference this time on losing the weight is that it's about strict control of my diabetes and where I could (maybe) justify that one little 'oops' won't affect the scales this week, I get almost immediate feedback on my glucose meter if I oops. I made soup today too, but did a Beef Barley soup...and I did what I usually do...stole some of the meat I had browned (no flour). This time though I weighed it so I knew how much I had. I probably won't eat dinner tonight though so it will work out. Kind of made me full...but it was sooo worth it.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are reminding me that the last "chunk" of weight I lost was for health - to get my lipid panel back down. I need to concentrate on that and less about the scale.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
I'm back! I decided to take a vacation from the computer when I took my vacation to Florida. Instead I spent time with my 1 1/2 yr old granddaughter. Sooo fun! So I'm not even going to attempt to go back and read 3 weeks or so of posts.

I stayed on plan on the 3 day drive to and from, eating out of the cooler for breakfast and lunch and then finding something low carb for dinner at a restaurant. Since I do all the cooking while visiting my son's family, they got to eat just like me...low carb. All in all I'm pretty pleased that I didn't cave to the usual habit of eating my way from one place to another as I did in the past. It's good to be home though as I find that a routine helps keep me on track.

NAF: Congrats on the 6 month anniversary and your progress! Keep up the good work. I remember how good it felt to drop under that 300 mark!

Joey: You do what you need to stay successful (re: the baking for the holidays). I have baked *nothing* since January 1. In fact, I cleaned out my pantry so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm debating whether I'm going to test the waters (aka my control) for the holidays and bake this year. I'm not promising my family anything. <g>

AuralG: I have always used an online journal to log what I eat. I find it helps from becoming 'vague' about calorie/protein/carb creep (all being important to maintain diabetic compliance and stay off meds).

{waving to Karai, Terri and Tashy}
Melody welcome back...Is it that I see on your avatar that you have reached goal??? If so, that is so awesome WTG! I was looking at your stats and that is such an achievement you have made, how very excited you must be!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Tashy, thank you so much! I will also make these this weekend. I like both recipes. The primal one can be made for my family (I'll try one too ) and these LC ones...well...can be my staple brownies to pull out when they are eating the higher carb ones. You know, I think I'll feed both to the guys and see which one they prefer.

Again thanks!
You are welcome m'dear I read through lots of the comments on the recipe (some of them mixed reviews) and just followed a couple of the tips... make sure you don't overbake these or they will dry out. I always err on the side of being slightly underbaked and that keeps them super moist
Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi Wanted to introduce myself. I'm in maintenance and have been at goal for some time now. I've been introducing healthy or good carbs from fruits and veggies for a while but I found myself lately very low calorie (1000-1200). Since I've been working out 6 to 7x a week I was just feeling a little tired and looking worn out. Normally I've been maintaining between 127 to 130 since March 2013.

So I wanted to add back in calories and also lose some bloat/inflammation. Last week I hit a high of 132. What best way than to go back to lc. So decided to do a 3 day M&E fast and then do Atkins Induction for a good long while and slowly build up the carbs.

Well Saturday woke up at 131.4 which is normal for me to drop due to extra sleep and built up my calories to about 1350 on Friday. Then Saturday started the M&E and got to 1550 in calories and lost -1.4 to 130 when I woke up this morning !! Today was able to eat about 1615 in calories and hope to see either a small drop or STS since usually I go up on Monday due to less sleep.

I thought I would miss my fruits and lc breads more. So far so good and honestly I could keep on longer than 2 or 3 days I feel very satisfied and have a lot more energy on the M&E and can't believe I can eat so many more calories and don't feel bloated at all.
Pandora174...nice to have you with us! So glad you have discovered how satisfying and helpful a stint of M&E can be. I find it helps get me back on track if I've had a little derailment

Such a helpful bunch of people here so if you have any questions or concerns there is always someone around to help you out
Old 10-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi girls,
I'm still quite lost on Mark's forum. Could you give me a hint where to find the description of this phase? I get that its steak & eggs, but its all kind of unclear about the rest.
Thanks!
Hey Deb...M&E isn't really a phase of Paleo/Primal. It's what a few of us do to try to undo a bit of damage if we've gone overboard, if we are trying to move out of a stall or if we want to curb/reset our appetite if it's gotten out of control. It's really simple but here are a few of the basic guidelines if you are interested:

* Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it
* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs") and HWC (not good for you due to your issues with dairy but you could sub in the cashew/almond creme in your coffee) and some of us eat butter, olive oil and avocado.
* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!
* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.
* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese (again not good for you obviously) or a few nuts if you'd like.
* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.
* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

That's basically it. It is an incredible satisfying WOE and keeps you full for hours and you tend not to want to eat too much after a few days because it knocks your hunger for a six!

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any questions if you have them
Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hello Tashy, Terri, Naf, Karai, and Joey! Didn't mean to be AWOL for so long. Work deadlines have kept me busy. Thanks so much for responding to my question about tracking food. Keeps me motivated to keep on keepin' on knowing you all are doing likewise!

Welcome back, Melody, and you, too, Pandora--haven't we seen you here before? And hi, Debby.

Naf, I think you're doing great!! Here's hoping for your soon arrival in Twoterville!

Tashy, I've seen that recipe for miracle brownies before and wanted to try it. Now that you recommend it, I'm going to print it out and try it soon. Sometimes a girl just needs something goey and chocolate-y!

Hope all is going well with everybody. Missing you Lil and Mae, if you're lurking around these parts!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/205 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-246#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks Terri. It's my passport picture I took yesterday.
Gosh, a passport photo?? You look gr8! Where did you have your picture taken?
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/205 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-246#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
I asked my counselor once, when I ate some jelly bellyflops, "why do I keep getting up again, instead of just lying down and succumbing to my desire to eat??"
He told me: "because that's what champions do!"
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hey Deb...M&E isn't really a phase of Paleo/Primal. It's what a few of us do to try to undo a bit of damage if we've gone overboard, if we are trying to move out of a stall or if we want to curb/reset our appetite if it's gotten out of control. It's really simple but here are a few of the basic guidelines if you are interested:

* Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it
* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs") and HWC (not good for you due to your issues with dairy but you could sub in the cashew/almond creme in your coffee) and some of us eat butter, olive oil and avocado.
* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!
* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.
* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese (again not good for you obviously) or a few nuts if you'd like.
* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.
* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

That's basically it. It is an incredible satisfying WOE and keeps you full for hours and you tend not to want to eat too much after a few days because it knocks your hunger for a six!

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any questions if you have them
Thanks Tashy! That explains why I couldn't find the origin on Mark's pages. Ok... now I have a clear picture. Nice thing to have in your back pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harriet View Post
Gosh, a passport photo?? You look gr8! Where did you have your picture taken?
LOL! Just at the drug-store. I did color my hair the day before... Thanks.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Hello Tashy, Terri, Naf, Karai, and Joey! Didn't mean to be AWOL for so long. Work deadlines have kept me busy. Thanks so much for responding to my question about tracking food. Keeps me motivated to keep on keepin' on knowing you all are doing likewise!

Welcome back, Melody, and you, too, Pandora--haven't we seen you here before? And hi, Debby.

Naf, I think you're doing great!! Here's hoping for your soon arrival in Twoterville!

Tashy, I've seen that recipe for miracle brownies before and wanted to try it. Now that you recommend it, I'm going to print it out and try it soon. Sometimes a girl just needs something goey and chocolate-y!

Hope all is going well with everybody. Missing you Lil and Mae, if you're lurking around these parts!
Hey Rural did you find a tracker? If not PM me your email and I'll send you mine.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I'm freezing! Usually, my house is set at 62 degrees through the winter and I'm comfortable in sweat type capris, fluffy socks and a long sleeved flannel shirt (that I take off mid-day) over a light top. I was soooo comfortable this summer (meaning I wasn't dying of the heat) and even complained a few times that I was cold...but it didn't occur to me that winter would make me even more so...and we're only in fall with temps in the 50's!! Long underwear here I come.

Tashy: Well, yes sort of hit goal. I originally set 160 as my goal with the idea that I'd re-evaluate from there based on how I looked and how I felt. I ended up taking off another 10 pounds, but chose to put back on 5 and figured 155 was my final goal. Without too much effort, and eating about 1500 calories, I've pretty much stuck there or slightly below. Over the last few months my skin has been tightening up more than I expected it to at the age of 57 and I've been considering setting a new goal of just 10 pounds lighter to see what I think. I'm not stressing about it though. I'm pretty happy with where I am. Yeah, according to society's standards I'm not thin enough, but I'll always be curvy no matter what weight I am and society will always still say I'm not thin enough. In my teens and early 20's I had a Marilyn Monroe type figure and was considered 'fat'. Guess I was just born in the wrong era.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 to 129.0 and had about 1550 in calories. Today is day 4 of the M&E fast and honestly I have no desire to stop. I feel really good, energy is way up, sleeping well, and best of all no bloating and the scale is not bouncing up.

When I was eating normally before meaning 2 servings of fruit + 2 veggies + some type of lc bread or my everyday GG crispbread crackers I was barely breaking 1200 calories and maybe 1300ish. During the week I would see 130 and as high as 132 and then over the weekend the scale would go as low as 127 or usually around 130.

Every morning I wake up, step on the scale and can't believe after what I ate that I see the scale go down. What I notice after I eat this way is that while I feel satisfied I don't every feel overly full, zero bloat. It's hard to explain but it's the same feeling I get when I do a Greek Yogurt correction day, I feel clean.

Right now honestly I am just going to keep on eating this way & see where it takes me. I would love to get to 125-127 and maintain it so we'll see. This weekend will probably add a little cheese here and there or some avocado and see how it goes.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

to Terri, Tashy, Melody, Aruralgirl, JoeyB, Pandora, Debby, Harriet

I just 'heard' from Mae. She asked me to drop by and let everyone know that she is doing well and will be back in the swing again soon.

She is so kind, gives great advice and is a wonderful support.

I 'told' her that she is missed and to come back when she can.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

down -.2 to 128.8 with about 1650 in calories. So far so good and going to keep on until I get tired of it
Old 10-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I wondered where everyone had got to

With this thread being named fall, does this mean it'll run longer than one month?

Well Im back and while I dont think ive done any real damage from being away, Im going to do a M&E for a few days because my digestive system is a bit messed up with time zone changes, different foods, dehydration from the Thailand heat, and the fact you cant take your own water on the plane and so have to rely on over worked stewards to provide you with enough. Which they cant unless you ask and I feel too guilty to do that because they are busier than a bee with a bum full of honey

M&E shouldnt be too hard - I have chickens and since we emptied the fridge and pantry before leaving, there isnt actually anything else in the house to eat
Old 10-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Rural did you find a tracker? If not PM me your email and I'll send you mine.
Thanks for asking, Terri. I do have a tracker. It's okay, but I'll probably stick it out anyway because I've got recipes in it, and it would be such a pain to look up all those ingredients all over again.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I wondered where everyone had got to

With this thread being named fall, does this mean it'll run longer than one month?

Well Im back and while I dont think ive done any real damage from being away, Im going to do a M&E for a few days because my digestive system is a bit messed up with time zone changes, different foods, dehydration from the Thailand heat, and the fact you cant take your own water on the plane and so have to rely on over worked stewards to provide you with enough. Which they cant unless you ask and I feel too guilty to do that because they are busier than a bee with a bum full of honey

M&E shouldnt be too hard - I have chickens and since we emptied the fridge and pantry before leaving, there isnt actually anything else in the house to eat
Hey Lil Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation. . . Hope it was fun!