Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Best of Luck Melody! sent your way.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: 169/137.2/124
WOE: Ketogenic Primal
I'm really not sure how much I've lost since I've started on M/E since I don't weigh during TOM but I feel like it's been a good amount so far. My stomach looks pretty great.
I weighed today even though I am still on and I am 2.8 lbs away from the 20-lb mark since starting LC on October 7. I hope I will be there fully soon, and I think M/E will get me there.
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
Wow...no posts in 5 days? Where is everyone?!

I've been doing lots of last minute stuff getting ready for Thanksgiving, a house full of company with the knowledge that I'm having surgery on my elbow tomorrow so will be very limited in what I can do at least through the holiday weekend. I keep adding to my list, so it is only this morning that I lifted my head for a breather.

Today's chores include nothing more than last minute straightening up (dusting, vacuuming) and making sure I have everything my husband needs to make the stuffing I'm taking on Thursday and my caulitaters. Oh and dealing with the contractors who are coming out to do their official estimate on the house damage from the storm.

I'm pretty much doing just eggs these last few days because I don't want to stop and take the time to actually prepare a meal. My husband has been the recipient of past meals from the freezer (too high carb for me).

Oh and that stuffing recipe I posted that starts with making a loaf of almond nut bread? Holy smokes! I put it in the freezer (cuz it's still too high carb for me to have most days) and took about 1/4 cup out yesterday and warmed it in the microwave. Wowza! It's even better than it was the day I made it!

So in case I don't get back in before the holiday (and am not able to type for a few after)...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Melody! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our friends on the thread too!

I've been busy with Thanksgiving stuff too. I'm cooking. I promised the family I wouldn't punish them with my diet this year so all the high carb favs are in. I hope to not lose it completely, but fully expect to need some repair next week.

May you all be blessed with plenty to be Thankful for!!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends

Im around, check in occasionally, but since I havent really been M&Eing, havent had much to say. I am going to do a kinda M&E - not expecting great results. eggs for lunch and M&E for dinner, I just cant stop grain free muslie for breakfast unless I either get out of bed half an hour earlier (aint gonna happen) or remember to make extra tonight to have as left overs (maybe that'll happen )
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203 in Aug 13 ---> 176.4/171/130 (Stillmans!)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 1, 2014
I check in on and off. I haven't been following M/E, but mostly LCHF for now. This Saturday will make two weeks on plan.

I'm hoping to stick to M/E for most of December. Anyone else?! Now that I'm nearing the end of two full weeks on plan, I'm especially seeing losses this week compared to the first week. I've already dropped 3.6lbs since Sunday! I do also watch my calories, fat, and protein and track it online. I'm one of those people that has to do that or else I can easily go overboard and stall.

I do tend to lose a lot of weight the first few weeks especially when I combine working out, so I am *hoping* I can lose 20-25lbs in the next 6 weeks, which is like losing 3-4lbs a week. From past experience, I easily lose 3lbs a week as long as I eat enough, and work out light and not aggressive. Here's to hoping I can reach those goals.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I just finished watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and took an LC pumpkin pie out of the oven--the house smells wonderful! But before I'm off to bed, just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful for the friends I've made here and for all the encouragement you've given me. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day.

And to Tashy and Lil, a wonderful Thursday--sending you a big plate of cyber roasted turkey!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Ladies ! Still essentially M&E though I do have about 2 oz of Brie cheese daily & some salsa. Seems very easy and I am able to keep my calories at an average of 1500 but have some says 1600 calories. I am maintaining lower than before with more calories so I'm pretty happy. I have seen a low of 127 but normally fluctuate between 128-130. Been eating M&E since 10/12 so about 7 weeks. For me this WOE is maintenance but I'm sure if I restricted calories I could lose but not interested in that right now.

May start adding some healthy carbs since I want to avoid boredom. May start having a salad or veggies here and there and then follow with M&E days. Right now averaging 5 to 7 carbs which come from the fats and meats themselves. Just don't want to get to the place where I sometimes get that for fear of not rocking the boat I start getting scare of certain foods.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 11-30-2013 at 03:56 PM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I just finished watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and took an LC pumpkin pie out of the oven--the house smells wonderful! But before I'm off to bed, just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful for the friends I've made here and for all the encouragement you've given me. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day.

And to Tashy and Lil, a wonderful Thursday--sending you a big plate of cyber roasted turkey!
Couldn't have said it better myself! Happy Thanksgiving all, hope you had a wonderful holiday!!

Tomorrow, back to the salt mines
Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: 169/137.2/124
WOE: Ketogenic Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I think I put it in at 400 for 35 minutes, and just checked to make sure there was no pink.
Omg...
I made the meatloaf last night, and it is ridiculously good!
I used 2 lbs of beef, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal Steak seasoning, and 2 heaping tablespoons of mayo. I covered the meatloaf with bacon strips and cooked it on 400 for like 1 hour. It's one of the best things I've eaten in a long while!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Hey Terri, thanks for dropping by BFC. I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was nice. But, I'm glad that it is over. I managed to NOT gain weight. I think weighing myself everyday helped me from overdoing it.

I will do some traveling for work during the next few days. This is unusual for me, but a co-worker had a family emergency and was not able to meet the commitment. I think if I stick to meat/veggies or meat/egg/veggie, I should do okay. Plus, I've prepared some baggies with snack items for those times that I will need a pick-me-up.

Have a great week.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Karai! Great job!! Wish I could say the same, but to be honest I let myself not worry about it too much. Yesterday I jumped on old fashion Atkins by the book. I’m actually following the menus so I don’t have to think about it or track.

Sounds like you have a good plan for your travels. I know you’ll do great!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
2nd day of meat and egg - Although so far it has only been meat. My goal is meat and egg through Sunday to get my body kick started after a horribly Monday eating frenzy.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KITTYM
Stats: (350 top wt )278/ 255/ 195
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: restart 3-13-2009
Hello is there room for one more
KITTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Theres always room for more
Old 12-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all. I'm back (did anyone even notice I was gone?)

Quick synopsis on what's been going on:

At the beginning of November, I finally reached Twoderville, and I suppose the thrill and excitement of it all made me forget just how hard I had to work to get there for the previous 7 months. I gained weight. I put myself on a "short leash" and got back on track; lost some weight the next weigh-in Unfortunately, the following week was my birthday, and a few days later was Thanksgiving (not the best combination), so I gained and before I realized it, I had gained about 7lbs.

That was a wake-up-call for me. I slammed on the brakes in my mind and had a self evaluation with myself.

Starting 12/1 I went back to my habits and ways that allowed me to become successful with my weight and this low carb WOE; I went back to writing down what I ate/sticking to a low carb menu. That meant if it wasn't on the menu, I didn't get to eat it (kind of like what they do at school with students [this is what's to eat today, like it, love it, or loathe it. . . harsh, but effective.]) I went back to my cardio exercising (got it in 2x this week Sunday and Tuesday; it really does make a difference), and I got back to coming here to share my feedback and results. There's just something motivating about knowing you have to "report" or "give an update" that automatically sets the switch on motivation to "work to succeed." At least for me it does.

So, how did I do? Well, I lost 9.8 lbs this week! Granted, we all know the "laws of weight loss" and about 5lbs of this was water-weight from all the "dirty eating" and all, but a loss is a loss and 9.8lbs is pretty darn good if you ask me. Of course, this means next Saturday's (my weigh-in day) results will not be as significant, but that's fine by me as long as it's a loss.

I plan to repeat this week's exercise schedule and menu next week. Hopefully, I will be back in Twoderville by this time next Saturday; that's the goal anyway.

As always, I hope everyone is doing well. And I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

Cheers,

NewestAtkinsFan
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyJay
Stats: 174/166/125
WOE: M&E
Start Date: Oct 2013
Wanting to join all of you. Long time lurker who lost 50 pounds on M&E and gained it back!! Need to be accountable to someone. Love reading about everyone's losses...so motivating.
Todays weight 166.6.
LadyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Jay. This is a great group of people here in this thread. We look forward to talking with you, giving you feedback, and hearing all about your upcoming success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJay View Post
Wanting to join all of you. Long time lurker who lost 50 pounds on M&E and gained it back!! Need to be accountable to someone. Love reading about everyone's losses...so motivating.
Todays weight 166.6.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Jay.
Naf WTG, I know you can do it!

Im back on M&E, mostly its a lazy thing, partially its a pre Christmas clean up.

Hpwever, for a change I am going heavy on the egg and low on the eggs because after 10 months....I am sick of eggs. I wouldnt have believed it, but right now, I am very meh on eggs in any form. If I give it a break for a few days/weeks, I think it'll be ok.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
back on meat and egg yesterday after a slight deviation Saturday!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Saturday is my normal weigh-in day, but I was so anxious to get the week's results that I weighed myself tonight. Another week of being on plan seems to have done the trick. I lost 5.4lbs this week and am now back to where I was on November 1st... back in Twoderville. Hopefully, I'll get to stay a lot longer than I did the first go around.

Welcome to all the new members, and hello to the old members and lurkers. The room has been awfully quiet the past few days, I hope you all will log on, and share about the good things that's been going on with you all lately during this joyous holiday season.

Happy Holidays to all!

NewestAtkinsFan
Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Hi Naf, and all the regulars, new people, and lurkers! Sorry I've been gone so long. I've got some work deadlines that have to be met before the end of the year, plus the usual Christmas busyness. And DH works at a church, so that adds even more to the busyness!

Congrats for making it back to Twoderville, Naf! As for me, I'm thankful (and a little surprised with myself) that I've remained on plan and have consistently lost this fall. Just yesterday I hit the 30-pounds lost mark, so I'm pretty excited.

Hey, I guess we'll have to start a new thread next week, as it will officially be winter!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
. . . As for me, I'm thankful (and a little surprised with myself) that I've remained on plan and have consistently lost this fall. Just yesterday I hit the 30-pounds lost mark, so I'm pretty excited.

Hey, I guess we'll have to start a new thread next week, as it will officially be winter!
That's awesome, Ruralgirl!
Yes, that would be great if someone would once Winter gets here (I'm enjoying our new thing of letting the threads go by season rather than by month!)

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 12-14-2013 at 04:02 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All

I'm still around. Gave myself the month off from weighing and journaling food. Just doing low carb, making it a game to figure out how to do it through all the parties. I'll be ready to hit the bricks again after the holidays, but always enjoy chatting with friends. Count me in on the new thread. Please post a link here so we can all find it.

Big congrads NAF!!! Merry Christmas to you
Old 12-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
. . . Big congrads NAF!!! Merry Christmas to you
Same to you, Terri! I'll be right there with you when the new thread comes along!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Dont forget to link the new thread on here, for those of us who arent coming around as often

My update is... nothing. No gains, no losses. Still would like to knock of a few more pounds for vanitys sake, but I dont have to.

I've gone off eggs finally. I really cant stand them, so I dont eat them. I went thru a phases were all i wanted to eat was meat, and I did, but I decided to put veges back in because I wasnt modling good eating to the rest of the family - they have a tendancy to want whatever Im having, regardless of what it is. next month I am going to do a 30 dairy free thing. partially to see if it makes any difference in my helarth, and weight. Im not expecting much really, but thought i should give it a crack.

not sure if I'll be bwack brfore Christmas, so hope you all have a good one, fulled with love and laughters, and that santa is VERY generous
Old 12-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
. . .My update is... nothing. No gains, no losses. Still would like to knock of a few more pounds for vanitys sake, but I dont have to.
That's still a victory in itself, lil-- maintaining is very hard to do. Besides, I like to think of it with this WOE you are either losing weight/pounds or losing inches; looks like the past week or so has been inches for you!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

I have to admit NAF, that since Im not really in weight loss mode, I didnt think much of your comment, but in the last three days my pants suddenly got looser, and this morning the scale registered a loss. So thank you for your premonition, or lucky guess, or excellent voodoo spell

Managed to eat an egg last night, so looks like the egg loathing is passing.

Hope y'all are doing well.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Had to smile at your "egg loathing" comment. I've been bringing deviled eggs to all the Christmas party gatherings. The neat thing is, I'm always bringing home an empty container.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep as a long time low carber I bring the deviled eggs to all the parties too. When we're divvying up food everyone always says "well of course you're bringing deviled eggs". One year we decided to do something different and had a "Mexican fiesta" and I brought something else. On the way my dad told my mom "I'll bet there's a plate of deviled eggs with my name on them waiting for us". Since then there will NEVER not be deviled eggs again!