Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I lost 2kg over 5 days m and e and put half it back on the day after I went normal. This suggests to me most of it was water. Still I dont have that bloated feeling any more. Tom is here tomorrow and thats usually good for a few pounds.

Hi every one!
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Morning folks! I spent my morning beating my head against a wall. November is Diabetes Awareness Month so I posted that and some FAQ's about diabetes (low carb, Bernstein, etc.). Wow...who knew I was going to push so many people's buttons. Guess low carb and diabetes is right up there with religion and politics.

Between the people who think you need carbs for the brain and the people who believe they don't have diabetes despite their A1c of 5.8, 6, etc., my brain is spinning. I finally just told them that the intelligent thing to do is to educate themselves and not depend on what their doctors or diabetes clinics tell them. Geez...you would've thought I suggested they shoot the pope.

Lil: It's still all good. The water weight being off still feels good!

Tashy: Yeah still doing good on M&E here. I actually am always on M&E except for the rare "gotta have vegies" days. I'm just happier eating this way than forcing myself to get the vegies in.

Kristopia: My son started working at a hunting/fishing store last year and the older guys have taken him under their wing. In the spring through summer, he fished. He's out today trying to bag some squirrels which I'm going to make him give to his grandmother. Too much like eating a rat to me. He tells me a co-worker is going to take him deer hunting. We'll see how he does when he comes face to face with Bambi.

Susan: How are the reduced fats working for you? I know it's been only 5 days so probably nothing definite yet?

Karai, Sicca, Arural, Sonata, Moonlights, Terri and all the lurkers!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I feel your pain Melody. And I think for some reason it has been made political. It's like once the medical community came out so vindictively against Dr. Atkins they have been loath to give him any credit, unfortunately to the demise of their patients. It’s funny they’ll hint around eating more protein or avoiding bread, etc. but they won’t dare utter the term “low carb”.

I was very pleased with my new doctor. I asked to have my lipid panel done and she told me I didn’t need it, my numbers were perfect. I told her that they had been most of my life, but when I saw my cholesterol start to inch up I got serious with low carb and brought them back down. She looked and me and said “you get it, it’s not the steak, it’s the potatoes”.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Awesome, Terri.

Aomiel, I hear ya. I say nothing now. Occasionally someone will make a comment and I'll reply but mostly I just let my body speak for me. Cant argue with a big obvious weight loss
Old 11-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristopia
Stats: 320/245/160
WOE: Low-low carb
Start Date: May, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Kristopia: My son started working at a hunting/fishing store last year and the older guys have taken him under their wing. In the spring through summer, he fished. He's out today trying to bag some squirrels which I'm going to make him give to his grandmother. Too much like eating a rat to me. He tells me a co-worker is going to take him deer hunting. We'll see how he does when he comes face to face with Bambi.
Aomiel - I grew up in the country - bagged a lot of squirrels of my own - they were good eating, though lean and could be tough - crock pot was great, though. Or eaten like fried chicken.
Kristopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Well

My stupid daughter is pregnant again.

Bottle of wine, here I come.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Well

My stupid daughter is pregnant again.

Bottle of wine, here I come.
Oh god, that just made me burst out laughing Lil!! Sorry shouldn't laugh but I take it you aren't pleased?!
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, Lil. I know it's not funny but your reaction got a laugh out of me as well. Probably because as a parent I can identify. Not with one of my sons getting someone pregnant (ok, well except for the oldest who just told us his wife is expecting her second in March...Yeah!), but just some of the things my youngest (21 year old) has done/is doing.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Oh dear, I'd forgotten I'd posted that here. I must have been very upset.

No, Im not happy. The Beetle in my name is my grandson. he is 4 and DH and I got custody of him at 15months after both his parents abondoned him. he was in 12 foster homes before we got him and had majo attachment and abandoment issues up until about 6 months ago. I paid for DD to have an implant but her obesity stopped it working (so she tells me) and voila - another baby. I have no idea what the outcome of this will be, but someone will be hurt by it, either beetle or this new one.

Sorry guys, I shouldnt have made that initial post, I was just a bit thrown.

and it ended up being 2 bottles of wine for the record
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

No, Im not happy. The Beetle in my name is my grandson. he is 4 and DH and I got custody of him at 15months after both his parents abondoned him. he was in 12 foster homes before we got him and had majo attachment and abandoment issues up until about 6 months ago. I paid for DD to have an implant but her obesity stopped it working (so she tells me) and voila - another baby. I have no idea what the outcome of this will be, but someone will be hurt by it, either beetle or this new one.

Oh Lil that's awful Sorry, I feel bad for my initial reaction now, but the way it was written was just so blunt that I couldn't help myself. How old is your daughter? It must be so frustrating watching a pattern repeat itself and feel helpless to stop it, all the while knowing that you may need to pick up the pieces. That must be heart-breaking for you. Thoughts are with you and hoping things might work out a bit better for everyone involved this time around You poor thing.

If I were you I think it may have turned out to be 3 bottles...I think you showed restraint! xx
Old 11-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Sending you big hugs and prayers too Lil. And I agree with Natasha, I think you showed restraint.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Lil...can't even imagine because this is just one of our children doing something stupid, it's the innocent child that is caught up in it. He's fortunate to have you.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Awww, thanx ladies.

I really am sorry for the big blub. I had a bad couple of days, now I've bounced back and back into my normal mindset of "something will happen, it always does"

So, how is everyones WOE going for them?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristopia
Stats: 320/245/160
WOE: Low-low carb
Start Date: May, 2011
Lilbeetle - sorry for your woes - I get it. Glad you're feeling a bit more positive about it, though.

I'm having a bit of trouble sticking with strictly M&E in the last few days - I don't know if it's because I've been feeling draggy anyway, or the fall weather making me crave stuff, but all I've wanted is beef stew (with potatoes) and chili, and "comfort" foods. I'm avoiding them, mind you, but caved to the crock pot beef stew yesterday. Frankly, it would have been okay had it not been for the starchy veggies.

Anyway, going to an oyster roast today - I will do my level best to stick with M&E. I need to.
Kristopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Ladies !

Still essentially M&E though I have added a daily 2 ounces of Brie cheese and 2 tablespoons of salsa with my morning eggs. But the carbs are still 7 net or under. Weight is good since I'm in maintenance. Today weighed in at 128.8 and the lowest I've been was my first week of 128.4 but it is definitely keeping me maintaining 128-130 vs 130-132 with the added calories its a win win situation.

Not being super strict in that if I am craving fruit or veggies I will allow it but so far other than some GY last week and a salad last Saturday the cravings have been minimal. Hunger in check which I love. I literally have no hunger. For ex. yesterday I had a hectic day & realized I skipped my snack and it was past my usual dinner time and only because I started to feel a little "off" and dizzy but not because I felt hungry.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4
WOE: M&E + Wine!
Start Date: October 1, 2014
I'm still a newbie here but I decided to try out M&E for a while. Can I join in with you guys?
I started yesterday, and I didn't weigh, but I feel like my stomach looks flatter/less bloated already!
TOM is coming up soon so I am just going to wait until it's over to weigh.
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
Just peaking my head in here. I'm doing more a Stillman's style WOE, with a little higher fat. So, pretty much M/E! On day two for me. I made a meatloaf using mayo as the base with some spices - and all I have to say is YUMMY! Topped it with some hot sauce, and I'm good to go!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Just peaking my head in here. I'm doing more a Stillman's style WOE, with a little higher fat. So, pretty much M/E! On day two for me. I made a meatloaf using mayo as the base with some spices - and all I have to say is YUMMY! Topped it with some hot sauce, and I'm good to go!
Do share! I've never heard of that kind of recipe before!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Do share! I've never heard of that kind of recipe before!
I basically just used 2lbs of meat, and added 1/2 cup of mayo. Spiced to my liking with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. When it was done, I would top it with hot sauce and eat. Totally delicious and filling! It comes out extremely moist, and even falls apart. I could have probably used a lot less mayo too. I'll try a 1/4 cup next time.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I basically just used 2lbs of meat, and added 1/2 cup of mayo. Spiced to my liking with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. When it was done, I would top it with hot sauce and eat. Totally delicious and filling! It comes out extremely moist, and even falls apart. I could have probably used a lot less mayo too. I'll try a 1/4 cup next time.
Yum!
How long and on what temp did you bake it? This sounds like something I may make this weekend.

Btdubs, I am amazed by this WOE. My stomach is barely bloated at all and it's my TOM! How sustainable is this for the long term, because I think I may keep going past the original week I set for myself?
Also, I accidentally forgot that I was cutting out dairy and had HWC in my coffee this morning. I don't usually drink coffee much anymore but I am exhausted today. Is the cream a dealbreaker? I think this may have been mentioned upthread but I was wondering if there was a more recent response.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Quote:
I'm still a newbie here but I decided to try out M&E for a while. Can I join in with you guys?
I started yesterday, and I didn't weigh, but I feel like my stomach looks flatter/less bloated already!
TOM is coming up soon so I am just going to wait until it's over to weigh.
Welcome qurlybee!
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Hi qurlybee,

You can continue on this WOE as long as you feel comfortable. You can do it continuously or break it into one or two days at a time mixed in with a couple of days of your normal WOE; there are no hard and fast rules for timing

You definitely need to have some fat in your diet to do this safely and most of us use things like HWC, CO, EVOO, and/or butter. It's up to you, but make sure you are getting enough otherwise you will give yourself protein poisoning. I personally just use the HWC in my coffee and the other fats when cooking otherwise I tend to stall or even gain a little with too much high fat dairy on this WOE.

Here's a post I did earlier to give you some guidelines on how I do it to maybe help out a bit (but again, most of these aren't "rules" they are just how I do this WOE):

Quote:
*Any meat and eggs, as much as you want, whenever you want it

* You NEED fat. Don't avoid it or you will give yourself protein poisoning. Most of us use coconut oil (usually in BPC, cooking or "fat bombs"), HWC and some of us eat butter, olive and avocado oil.

* Drink tonnes of water. If you think you've drunk enough, you probably haven't, drink some more!!

* Try to avoid too much salt (either in the meat or on top of your meal) as it can cause a bit of water retention and make you feel bloated with all of the water you are drinking.

* Keep it simple for the first few days and see how you go, then you can try to add in a few extra things like cheese, avocado or a few nuts if you'd like.

* You can stay on it from anywhere between a day and a few months if you feel like doing so. You can cycle a couple of days on and a couple of days off. It's very flexible and up to you.

* You might want to consider a couple of supplements ie. multivitamin, magnesium etc.

Pretty much anything can go with M&E and it depends on whether or not you want to do it really clean or if you still get results/feel good when you add stuff in. It seems to be one of those things where everyone reacts differently to it

Hope that helps....
Old 11-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi and ! Nice to have you here
Old 11-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acor View Post
Welcome qurlybee!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hi qurlybee,

You can continue on this WOE as long as you feel comfortable. You can do it continuously or break it into one or two days at a time mixed in with a couple of days of your normal WOE; there are no hard and fast rules for timing

You definitely need to have some fat in your diet to do this safely and most of us use things like HWC, CO, EVOO, and/or butter. It's up to you, but make sure you are getting enough otherwise you will give yourself protein poisoning. I personally just use the HWC in my coffee and the other fats when cooking otherwise I tend to stall or even gain a little with too much high fat dairy on this WOE.

Here's a post I did earlier to give you some guidelines on how I do it to maybe help out a bit (but again, most of these aren't "rules" they are just how I do this WOE):
Thank you so much for your response. I definitely do eat plenty of fat but I was just wondering if the dairy really did stall/make people gain. I guess I will find out tomorrow
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hi everybody --Terri, Tashy, Melody, Lil, Acor, and Pandora.

Kristopia, qurlybee, and IWasMadeThisWay

Sorry to be absent so long--lots of work deadlines.

Lil, sorry to hear about your daughter.

Melody, wonder why people have to react with such anger toward us low carbers? Glad you got your points in there. Hopefully someone will get some sense and benefit from what you had to say.

To everybody, hope your WOE is going well.

And Naf, if you're out there, how is it going? Miss ya, guy.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yum!
How long and on what temp did you bake it? This sounds like something I may make this weekend.
I think I put it in at 400 for 35 minutes, and just checked to make sure there was no pink.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Morning folks!
Have been AWOl for a few because in the last storm, a 60' pine tree came crashing onto my roof and we've been dealing with the fun (insurance, tree removal, etc.) that goes along with that. Fortunately, while the roof is damaged, it hasn't rained again since <knock on wood>. Unfortunately, since the roof is still standing (sort of), we fall down the list of priorities below those who actually are missing their roof, broken windows, etc.

As if that isn't enough fun for one person, I'm scheduled for surgery on my right elbow on Wednesday so have to figure out what I can do the day before in preparation for Thanksgiving. Fortunately we're going to my mil's so I don't have to do much!

I had an interesting moment with the pre-surgery check-in nurse who told me that since surgery isn't until noon (it's an outpatient thing), I could actually have something to eat up to 8 hours before...but only clear liquids and a piece of dry toast...which she figured would help keep my blood sugar stable. I told her I don't eat carbs but could I have my liquid protein drink instead. Nope...only clear liquids.

Now I'm not a medical person, but I don't get how I can have a 'solid' piece of bread, but not a protein drink that is still liquid but not clear.

Oops...knock at door. It's kind of early so maybe it's the contractor!

to everyone!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning All Rural, Karai, Tashy, Melody, Lil, Acor, Jeanie, Sicca, Susan, NAF and Pandora and everyone else out there lurking.

Kristopia, qurlybee, and IWasMadeThisWay

Big hugs and prayers sent your way Melody!! Were you in the hurricane territory?

I’m just trying to make it through this month of events without going overboard. I imagine it’s going to be a lot the same next month. M&E and FF in between events. And keeping my Primal bend in between. I decided to stop weighing for the time being to at least avoid a little madness; my jeans are keeping a critical eye however.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
I haven't been doing to many M&E meals...actually very few. But, I wanted to drop by and post "hi" to everyone.

Terri, while I love this time of the year...it is a crazy time. Do what will work for you.That is what really matters anyway.

Melody, sorry to 'hear' about the issues with your roof and insurance company...yuck! But, hopefully things will come together and get taken care of.The bright side of it all, you can enjoy TG as a guest of MILs! It's a good time to relax.

ARuralgirl, I'm trying to crank out all of my work before the TG holiday. Here...folks hold onto their work until the end of the year, and then expect everyone to press the 'easy button' and get it all out before the holidays.

Lil, sorry to 'hear' about your daughter. I hope things work out.

Tash and Kristopia!

Welcome to everyone.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Terri,
No, as George Clooney said in "O Brother Where Art Thou", we live in a geographical oddity. We live a few miles south of I-94 and all the bad weather (tornadoes, blizzards, etc.) seem to run along 94 or just slightly north and then just slightly south of us. We're protected, somehow, from the worst, but we still get the backlash of high winds...although this is the first time the wind was so bad that two healthy 70+ year old trees just snapped off about 10' up from the ground.

Insurance company coming today so I'm doing some preventative 'woosah's' (a la the movie 'Anger Management') to keep my cool no matter what happens.