Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,102
Gallery: puttchikins
Fast Metabolism Diet

Anyone doing Haylie Pomeroys diet tomorrow looks totally doable except drink half your body weight in water daily and no coffee even decaf..Also having a problem finding some organic products but I'm trying it anyway
puttchikins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Salamander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western WA
Posts: 727
Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
I just checked the book out from the library yesterday. Only read the intro (she thinks pretty highly of herself! ) If it's not too complicated, I will give it a try

Sally
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
mojocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 729
Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I will be doing it in November. I've heard great things about it. Most people are scared of introducing some carb/grains back into their diet but really I've heard nothing bad about it from people who have done it apart from P2 being the hardest part of it. It seems to help with bingeing hence my interest in it. Yes the whole "celebrity" thing put me off but again have heard so many good stories that I think it's worth a try.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,102
Gallery: puttchikins
On my 5th day..The only thing wrong with it is no caffeine I had withdrawal but today not so bad..I am more interested in repairing my metabolism at this point the losing weight years of yo yo dieting have ruined that....We will see...It goes in a 7 day cycle and wed & thurs are totally lo lo carb
puttchikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Have tried everything

After being on all kind of diets (you name it), losing weight and gaining all back decided to try FMD. Got a book from the library. I finished day 5. It is a little overwhelming to constantly think about what and when to eat but I have to admit I think I feel better (maybe all that dairy that I was eating was making me sick). I am hoping it will get easier in the next weeks. Worried that weight loss will be much smaller in comparison with Low carb diets I have been on. Wondering if anybody out there finished all 28 days and had the promised 20 lb loss result.
__________________
Irina

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,102
Gallery: puttchikins
Oddly enough I decided this time not to weigh myself because I am obsessive compulsive about the scale..This time I am in it for my health and try and reset my metabolism...Monday will start my 4th week...At times its challenging I have definitely lost weight but don't know how much...I am definitely going to do another 28 days..BECAUSE I FEEL SO GOOD...You are right don't know what foods were bothering me dairy...wheat...sugar...it could be all of them
puttchikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
I have a love-hate relationship with the scale. I need to convince myself that I am doing it for the health reasons then who cares about weight loss. Whatever I lose will be a byproduct.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,102
Gallery: puttchikins
thats how I feel about the scale and guess what I am losing into my smaller fat clothes now...
puttchikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
mojocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 729
Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I frequent another forum where people have tried this and it seems like the weight loss is modest, however people feel fantastic, it seems to be very healing and so most end up completing the 28 days. They also complain of too much food. I guess the huge weight loss would come from someone switching perhaps from a SAD diet to this. For those of us coming from LC the added carbs in this WOE might slow down the losses.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I'm doing day 1 today...I have also tried every diet known to man (including HCG) and can get the weight off but can't keep it off. HCG got me to 150 and I kept that off, but now I have gained 10 pounds without any rhyme or reason I tried to rounds of hcg and nadda...gained this 10 that I'm freaking out about.
I have reached the conclusion I have to fix the damage I have done.

So, my menu today is:

B: Quinoa and blue berries
S: Apple
L: Homemade chicken and loaded veggie soup, ezikiel toast, orange
S: Apple?
D: Chicken, quinoa, veggies and not sure what fruit

Tomorrow...Turkey Chilli etc.

I was able to get about 20 min of cardio this morning but have to get the rest tonight

sigh...I hope this works

ALSO...I don't plan to weigh myself for a while anyway I am WAAAAAYYYYY too obsessed with the scale and it will either disappoint me or make me crazy so I derail myself and ...eh...I have to do something productive here. I have been pretty much off of coffee...but began drinking Zen green tea...I will miss that
__________________



Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
I frequent another forum where people have tried this and it seems like the weight loss is modest, however people feel fantastic, it seems to be very healing and so most end up completing the 28 days. They also complain of too much food. I guess the huge weight loss would come from someone switching perhaps from a SAD diet to this. For those of us coming from LC the added carbs in this WOE might slow down the losses.
I also know someone who has done well...so here's to trying
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 622
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 237/221/140
Start Date: 4/30/2014
I tried it over the summer. It was successful but I had 24/7 heartburn.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
sign me up for heartburn if it gets this weight off
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,102
Gallery: puttchikins
Did a 28 diet cycle did GREAT lost weight…Now I am on the 2nd day of another 28 day cycle..The only thing is this all organic is pretty expensive…but heck I did HCG twice 500 calories lost a ton of weight exactly 3 months into it half my hair fell out 3 years later I tried it again…again lost a ton of weight 3 months again I lose half my hair I did.t loose the 1st time so I'll stck with this for awhile
puttchikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
AND...hcg is NOT cheap either...even the Homeopathic drops! Considering the money I wasted on that for good results I couldn't hold on to once I ended P4...I will try anything that corrects the damage I have done to my metabolism.
As far as organic and home cooked...etc...I have a lot of the down to a science so it doesn't completely kill me financiallyI have a ton of garden fresh and garden fresh that I froze...and Non GMO seeds, etc. (A lot of juicing in my history too)
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,544
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I'm doing day 1 today...I have also tried every diet known to man (including HCG) and can get the weight off but can't keep it off. HCG got me to 150 and I kept that off, but now I have gained 10 pounds without any rhyme or reason I tried to rounds of hcg and nadda...gained this 10 that I'm freaking out about.
I have reached the conclusion I have to fix the damage I have done.

So, my menu today is:

B: Quinoa and blue berries
S: Apple
L: Homemade chicken and loaded veggie soup, ezikiel toast, orange
S: Apple?
D: Chicken, quinoa, veggies and not sure what fruit

Tomorrow...Turkey Chilli etc.

I was able to get about 20 min of cardio this morning but have to get the rest tonight

sigh...I hope this works

ALSO...I don't plan to weigh myself for a while anyway I am WAAAAAYYYYY too obsessed with the scale and it will either disappoint me or make me crazy so I derail myself and ...eh...I have to do something productive here. I have been pretty much off of coffee...but began drinking Zen green tea...I will miss that
So, have you been following it still? I too am looking for a healed metabolism... And hope this would work. I'm off to search for success stories and more details on this plan. Is it LC? I've read that long term lcing can further damage a slowed metabolism... And I've lced for 10+ years... I've been following Matt Stone's "eat for heat" metabolism repair plan, which is basically a radical refeed to boost your natural metabolism. Fun and effective, but regained at least 10-15 lbs following it. So, now I'm looking for a way to lose this weight while keeping my metabolism humming along. I'd love to hear how it's working for you and if you'd recommend it.

Thanks!
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
So, have you been following it still? I too am looking for a healed metabolism... And hope this would work. I'm off to search for success stories and more details on this plan. Is it LC? I've read that long term lcing can further damage a slowed metabolism... And I've lced for 10+ years... I've been following Matt Stone's "eat for heat" metabolism repair plan, which is basically a radical refeed to boost your natural metabolism. Fun and effective, but regained at least 10-15 lbs following it. So, now I'm looking for a way to lose this weight while keeping my metabolism humming along. I'd love to hear how it's working for you and if you'd recommend it.

Thanks!
Hey Julie....I am still following it. I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks, then took a week and a half off for Christmas...and maintained while eating way off limits (no, I don't recommend THAT...but I did eat cookies, chocolate, wine, etc.)

I found it worked VERY well....I started again today since I would like to lose an additional 10ish pounds...more if my body is willing.
I also find I love eating food...fake food is off limits...but most food really isn't off limits...of course there is a list of food you can eat and when you can eat it, but it is mostly artificial and fake foods...alcohol in the first 28 days is off limits, and wheat, sugar, corn and flours (except spelt or sprouted) is not allowed. I found I LOVE sweet potatoes...and feel fed. I also feel at peace for the first time in a very long time. I feel my food addictions fading away...and after hcg...I had serious issues with addictions to food, getting ENOUGH food...and even alcohol was becoming an issue because of the "shall not" mentality...I was so hungry after hcg...and it was a hunger I could not feed...I do highly recommend this

Last edited by beachagain; 12-30-2013 at 10:19 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Oh...and it is not low carb.

briefly...it looks like this...
The idea of the diet is feeding your body and fixing your metabolism from all the crazy diets we put our bodies through. I was really worried about it working...but it worked for me.
Basically, no sugar, no wheat (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas, no caffeine, soy, or dairy....eat within 30 minutes of waking, food choices are phase specific.

Phase 1 is carb loaded but no fat - lots of grains, veggies, fruit, and protein in this phase (duration 2 days)
Phase 2 is protein heavy, no fat, no fruit (except lemon and lime) (duration 2 days)
Phase 3 is a balance of all foods and healthy fats, fruit is somewhat limited [mostly peaches, berries, grapefruit, lemon and lime] (duration 3 days)
then you repeat the phases. Exercise fits the phase...1 = cardio 2= weights and 3= relaxation, massage or yoga
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,544
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Hey Julie....I am still following it. I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks, then took a week and a half off for Christmas...and maintained while eating way off limits (no, I don't recommend THAT...but I did eat cookies, chocolate, wine, etc.)

I found it worked VERY well....I started again today since I would like to lose an additional 10ish pounds...more if my body is willing.
I also find I love eating food...fake food is off limits...but most food really isn't off limits...of course there is a list of food you can eat and when you can eat it, but it is mostly artificial and fake foods...alcohol in the first 28 days is off limits, and wheat, sugar, corn and flours (except spelt or sprouted) is not allowed. I found I LOVE sweet potatoes...and feel fed. I also feel at peace for the first time in a very long time. I feel my food addictions fading away...and after hcg...I had serious issues with addictions to food, getting ENOUGH food...and even alcohol was becoming an issue because of the "shall not" mentality...I was so hungry after hcg...and it was a hunger I could not feed...I do highly recommend this
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Oh...and it is not low carb.

briefly...it looks like this...
The idea of the diet is feeding your body and fixing your metabolism from all the crazy diets we put our bodies through. I was really worried about it working...but it worked for me.
Basically, no sugar, no wheat (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas, no caffeine, soy, or dairy....eat within 30 minutes of waking, food choices are phase specific.

Phase 1 is carb loaded but no fat - lots of grains, veggies, fruit, and protein in this phase (duration 2 days)
Phase 2 is protein heavy, no fat, no fruit (except lemon and lime) (duration 2 days)
Phase 3 is a balance of all foods and healthy fats, fruit is somewhat limited [mostly peaches, berries, grapefruit, lemon and lime] (duration 3 days)
then you repeat the phases. Exercise fits the phase...1 = cardio 2= weights and 3= relaxation, massage or yoga
Thank you so much!! I've been working on my metabolsim for a few months now. Hcg gets fast results, but they're not lasting for me. Each round I feel I'm slowing my metabolism further. I'll be reading this book this week and see about starting soon. 15 lbs would be wonderful!! Thanks again for the endorsement!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
no problem....and I hear you on the hcg...It worked FAST for me...never could maintain it...and now it doesn't work at all..I tried one more round before doing this diet...and GAINED!!! 10 pounds!!
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 578
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thank you so much!! I've been working on my metabolsim for a few months now. Hcg gets fast results, but they're not lasting for me. Each round I feel I'm slowing my metabolism further. I'll be reading this book this week and see about starting soon. 15 lbs would be wonderful!! Thanks again for the endorsement!
Julie, thanks for showing me this thread. I think you can start with just the app $2.99. Maybe see if your library has the book. I found some web casts on line after reading Grammy's thread. I'll read the book, but I am not sure it is crutial. I'll keep you posted.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 578
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Hey, Beach, I'll be joining you on the FMD just after the new year. I'll enjoy reading your posts until then.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Julie, thanks for showing me this thread. I think you can start with just the app $2.99. Maybe see if your library has the book. I found some web casts on line after reading Grammy's thread. I'll read the book, but I am not sure it is crutial. I'll keep you posted.
It isn't crucial (the book)...but it is helpful. There is a cheat sheet out there when you google the diet...it shows you what to eat during which phase...accurately. I started out this way and eventually checked the book out from the library. There has been changes in the book so it isn't as accurate at the link I'm talking about. And you are correct...her website and blogs and Facebook page are all really good resources and links you to her webcasts...she will answer you on FB if you post a question. The diet seems complicated at first, but after a round, you begin to feel better about it. you can sign up on her website, and Fb for free...you can download her meal maps for free on her site...(just google: FMD meal maps) I don't have the App because I have a Droid and they don't make an App for the Droid...but it does seem to make it easier...I don't need it anymore...I know what to eat and when...and which exercise and when....but the App takes the brain damage out of eating. The most difficult phase to figure out is the 3rd....the "fat" phase...trying to get the amount of fat at the right time was super confusing.
I am usually on a different thread and there are three of us doing it right now. We are at All I want for Christmas and will soon change it to Red Hot Mamas...in the "challenges" threads...look me up...I am more than happy to help you with anything....somebody who has already done the diet helped me out and is there

I also pop in here on occasion but if you ever need me...I go to the other thread daily...so do the rest of us

Last edited by beachagain; 12-30-2013 at 01:03 PM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,121
Gallery: Dottie
If you go to pinterest and search for fast metabolism diet there are loads of recipe ideas as well as the foods lists for each phase
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,544
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Oh...and it is not low carb.

briefly...it looks like this...
The idea of the diet is feeding your body and fixing your metabolism from all the crazy diets we put our bodies through. I was really worried about it working...but it worked for me.
Basically, no sugar, no wheat (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas, no caffeine, soy, or dairy....eat within 30 minutes of waking, food choices are phase specific.

Phase 1 is carb loaded but no fat - lots of grains, veggies, fruit, and protein in this phase (duration 2 days)
Phase 2 is protein heavy, no fat, no fruit (except lemon and lime) (duration 2 days)
Phase 3 is a balance of all foods and healthy fats, fruit is somewhat limited [mostly peaches, berries, grapefruit, lemon and lime] (duration 3 days)
then you repeat the phases. Exercise fits the phase...1 = cardio 2= weights and 3= relaxation, massage or yoga
I'll need to read it through pretty thoroughly. I'm a regular exerciser, so adjusting it to the phase will be a challenge for me... For 1 month it's worth it to follow it as written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Julie, thanks for showing me this thread. I think you can start with just the app $2.99. Maybe see if your library has the book. I found some web casts on line after reading Grammy's thread. I'll read the book, but I am not sure it is crutial. I'll keep you posted.
I bought the Ebook and will as it today and tomorrow (most likely). I will probably download the app too, as it seems to make planning and sticking to it more simple. I'll be trying it too!! I will likely start jan 2. It'll be nice to have others following it too. Will you be posting here? Or maybe a new thread? It'd be nice to have support and be able to share recipes, etc. I'll check out her site.

Dottie-thanks! I'll hit Pinterest next .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,544
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm sad... my coffee/cream/as habit will be tough to give up...
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 578
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'll need to read it through pretty thoroughly. I'm a regular exerciser, so adjusting it to the phase will be a challenge for me... For 1 month it's worth it to follow it as written.


I bought the Ebook and will as it today and tomorrow (most likely). I will probably download the app too, as it seems to make planning and sticking to it more simple. I'll be trying it too!! I will likely start jan 2. It'll be nice to have others following it too. Will you be posting here? Or maybe a new thread? It'd be nice to have support and be able to share recipes, etc. I'll check out her site.

Dottie-thanks! I'll hit Pinterest next .
Pinterest confuses me thanks, Dottie, I'll give it a try.

Julie, Let's follow Beach to Red Hot Mamas. It will be nice to do this together. I did watch a webcast where the author suggests duplicating week one/three. Then week two/four for ease. By duplicating, you can make double batches and/or utilize the same groceries.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:36 AM   #28
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,121
Gallery: Dottie
It took me a while to learn to navigate it
For this one, in the upper left side there's a search box, type in "fast metabolism diet phase 1" without the " ". You can make that phase 2 or 3.
I did find if you just put in "fast metabolism diet" you get all sorts of weird results So I search phase specific. Or even recipe specific like "fast metabolism diet soups" "fast metabolism diet sweet potatoes", things like that
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,544
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Pinterest confuses me thanks, Dottie, I'll give it a try.

Julie, Let's follow Beach to Red Hot Mamas. It will be nice to do this together. I did watch a webcast where the author suggests duplicating week one/three. Then week two/four for ease. By duplicating, you can make double batches and/or utilize the same groceries.
Sounds good! Half way through the book, love the app! We got this. After hcg everything looks doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It took me a while to learn to navigate it
For this one, in the upper left side there's a search box, type in "fast metabolism diet phase 1" without the " ". You can make that phase 2 or 3.
I did find if you just put in "fast metabolism diet" you get all sorts of weird results So I search phase specific. Or even recipe specific like "fast metabolism diet soups" "fast metabolism diet sweet potatoes", things like that
Thank you!! I'll be working on that this weekend.

As the book suggests, and since it'll be my first shot at it (and we all know our first round of anything is always the best one) I'm going to wait and start it on Monday. It seems complicated enough without having to rearrange the days . So, I'm in, but will take the weekend to shop, plan and cook so I'm all set for next week.

How about you guys? Are you starting this week? Are you going to adjust your exercise routine to follow her recommendations? I'll need to look at that too .

I'm excited, and think the tight structure will be good.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
thought I'd post the link to the thread I'm on

Red Hot Mamas Valentines Day Challenge 2014

but I'm happy to check in here too
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.