Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Fast Metabolism Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/813122-fast-metabolism-diet.html)

puttchikins 09-29-2013 08:20 AM

Fast Metabolism Diet

Anyone doing Haylie Pomeroys diet tomorrow looks totally doable except drink half your body weight in water daily and no coffee even decaf..Also having a problem finding some organic products but I'm trying it anyway

Salamander 09-30-2013 11:48 AM

I just checked the book out from the library yesterday. Only read the intro (she thinks pretty highly of herself! :) ) If it's not too complicated, I will give it a try ;)

Sally

mojocat 10-02-2013 05:01 AM

I will be doing it in November. I've heard great things about it. Most people are scared of introducing some carb/grains back into their diet but really I've heard nothing bad about it from people who have done it apart from P2 being the hardest part of it. It seems to help with bingeing hence my interest in it. Yes the whole "celebrity" thing put me off but again have heard so many good stories that I think it's worth a try.

puttchikins 10-04-2013 08:16 AM

On my 5th day..The only thing wrong with it is no caffeine I had withdrawal but today not so bad..I am more interested in repairing my metabolism at this point the losing weight years of yo yo dieting have ruined that....We will see...It goes in a 7 day cycle and wed & thurs are totally lo lo carb

irabeslim 10-19-2013 08:01 AM

Have tried everything

After being on all kind of diets (you name it), losing weight and gaining all back decided to try FMD. Got a book from the library. I finished day 5. It is a little overwhelming to constantly think about what and when to eat but I have to admit I think I feel better (maybe all that dairy that I was eating was making me sick). I am hoping it will get easier in the next weeks. Worried that weight loss will be much smaller in comparison with Low carb diets I have been on. Wondering if anybody out there finished all 28 days and had the promised 20 lb loss result.

puttchikins 10-19-2013 08:07 AM

Oddly enough I decided this time not to weigh myself because I am obsessive compulsive about the scale..This time I am in it for my health and try and reset my metabolism...Monday will start my 4th week...At times its challenging I have definitely lost weight but don't know how much...I am definitely going to do another 28 days..BECAUSE I FEEL SO GOOD...You are right don't know what foods were bothering me dairy...wheat...sugar...it could be all of them

irabeslim 10-19-2013 11:56 AM

I have a love-hate relationship with the scale. I need to convince myself that I am doing it for the health reasons then who cares about weight loss. Whatever I lose will be a byproduct.

puttchikins 10-19-2013 01:41 PM

thats how I feel about the scale and guess what I am losing into my smaller fat clothes now...

mojocat 10-19-2013 02:02 PM

I frequent another forum where people have tried this and it seems like the weight loss is modest, however people feel fantastic, it seems to be very healing and so most end up completing the 28 days. They also complain of too much food. I guess the huge weight loss would come from someone switching perhaps from a SAD diet to this. For those of us coming from LC the added carbs in this WOE might slow down the losses.

beachagain 11-12-2013 08:01 AM

I'm doing day 1 today...I have also tried every diet known to man (including HCG) and can get the weight off but can't keep it off. HCG got me to 150 and I kept that off, but now I have gained 10 pounds without any rhyme or reason :dunno: I tried to rounds of hcg and nadda...gained this 10 :cry: that I'm freaking out about.
I have reached the conclusion I have to fix the damage I have done.

So, my menu today is:

B: Quinoa and blue berries
S: Apple
L: Homemade chicken and loaded veggie soup, ezikiel toast, orange
S: Apple?
D: Chicken, quinoa, veggies and not sure what fruit :dunno:

Tomorrow...Turkey Chilli etc. :yummy:

I was able to get about 20 min of cardio this morning but have to get the rest tonight :dunno:

sigh...I hope this works :aprayer:

ALSO...I don't plan to weigh myself for a while anyway :dunno: I am WAAAAAYYYYY too obsessed with the scale and it will either disappoint me or make me crazy so I derail myself and ...eh...I have to do something productive here. I have been pretty much off of coffee...but began drinking Zen green tea...I will miss that :cry:

beachagain 11-12-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16650195)
I frequent another forum where people have tried this and it seems like the weight loss is modest, however people feel fantastic, it seems to be very healing and so most end up completing the 28 days. They also complain of too much food. I guess the huge weight loss would come from someone switching perhaps from a SAD diet to this. For those of us coming from LC the added carbs in this WOE might slow down the losses.

I also know someone who has done well...so here's to trying :dunno:

Mick6 11-12-2013 08:08 AM

I tried it over the summer. It was successful but I had 24/7 heartburn.

beachagain 11-12-2013 08:10 AM

:hiya:sign me up for heartburn if it gets this weight off :hyst:

puttchikins 11-12-2013 10:53 AM

Did a 28 diet cycle did GREAT lost weight…Now I am on the 2nd day of another 28 day cycle..The only thing is this all organic is pretty expensive…but heck I did HCG twice 500 calories lost a ton of weight exactly 3 months into it half my hair fell out 3 years later I tried it again…again lost a ton of weight 3 months again I lose half my hair I did.t loose the 1st time so I'll stck with this for awhile

beachagain 11-12-2013 12:16 PM

AND...hcg is NOT cheap either...even the Homeopathic drops! Considering the money I wasted on that for good results I couldn't hold on to once I ended P4...I will try anything that corrects the damage I have done to my metabolism. :stars:
As far as organic and home cooked...etc...I have a lot of the down to a science so it doesn't completely kill me financiallyI have a ton of garden fresh and garden fresh that I froze...and Non GMO seeds, etc. (A lot of juicing in my history too) ;)

julieboolie 12-28-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16680199)
I'm doing day 1 today...I have also tried every diet known to man (including HCG) and can get the weight off but can't keep it off. HCG got me to 150 and I kept that off, but now I have gained 10 pounds without any rhyme or reason :dunno: I tried to rounds of hcg and nadda...gained this 10 :cry: that I'm freaking out about.
I have reached the conclusion I have to fix the damage I have done.

So, my menu today is:

B: Quinoa and blue berries
S: Apple
L: Homemade chicken and loaded veggie soup, ezikiel toast, orange
S: Apple?
D: Chicken, quinoa, veggies and not sure what fruit :dunno:

Tomorrow...Turkey Chilli etc. :yummy:

I was able to get about 20 min of cardio this morning but have to get the rest tonight :dunno:

sigh...I hope this works :aprayer:

ALSO...I don't plan to weigh myself for a while anyway :dunno: I am WAAAAAYYYYY too obsessed with the scale and it will either disappoint me or make me crazy so I derail myself and ...eh...I have to do something productive here. I have been pretty much off of coffee...but began drinking Zen green tea...I will miss that :cry:

So, have you been following it still? I too am looking for a healed metabolism... And hope this would work. I'm off to search for success stories and more details on this plan. Is it LC? I've read that long term lcing can further damage a slowed metabolism... And I've lced for 10+ years... I've been following Matt Stone's "eat for heat" metabolism repair plan, which is basically a radical refeed to boost your natural metabolism. Fun and effective, but regained at least 10-15 lbs following it. So, now I'm looking for a way to lose this weight while keeping my metabolism humming along. I'd love to hear how it's working for you and if you'd recommend it.

Thanks!

beachagain 12-30-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieboolie (Post 16732332)
So, have you been following it still? I too am looking for a healed metabolism... And hope this would work. I'm off to search for success stories and more details on this plan. Is it LC? I've read that long term lcing can further damage a slowed metabolism... And I've lced for 10+ years... I've been following Matt Stone's "eat for heat" metabolism repair plan, which is basically a radical refeed to boost your natural metabolism. Fun and effective, but regained at least 10-15 lbs following it. So, now I'm looking for a way to lose this weight while keeping my metabolism humming along. I'd love to hear how it's working for you and if you'd recommend it.

Thanks!

Hey Julie....I am still following it. I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks, then took a week and a half off for Christmas...and maintained while eating way off limits (no, I don't recommend THAT...but I did eat cookies, chocolate, wine, etc.) :dunno:

I found it worked VERY well....I started again today since I would like to lose an additional 10ish pounds...more if my body is willing. :notwrthy:
I also find I love eating food...fake food is off limits...but most food really isn't off limits...of course there is a list of food you can eat and when you can eat it, but it is mostly artificial and fake foods...alcohol in the first 28 days is off limits, and wheat, sugar, corn and flours (except spelt or sprouted) is not allowed. I found I LOVE:love: sweet potatoes...and feel fed. I also feel at peace for the first time in a very long time. I feel my food addictions fading away...and after hcg...I had serious issues with addictions to food, getting ENOUGH food...and even alcohol was becoming an issue because of the "shall not" mentality...I was so hungry after hcg...and it was a hunger I could not feed...I do highly recommend this :up:

beachagain 12-30-2013 10:22 AM

Oh...and it is not low carb.

briefly...it looks like this...
The idea of the diet is feeding your body and fixing your metabolism from all the crazy diets we put our bodies through. I was really worried about it working...but it worked for me.
Basically, no sugar, no wheat (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas, no caffeine, soy, or dairy....eat within 30 minutes of waking, food choices are phase specific.

Phase 1 is carb loaded but no fat - lots of grains, veggies, fruit, and protein in this phase (duration 2 days)
Phase 2 is protein heavy, no fat, no fruit (except lemon and lime) (duration 2 days)
Phase 3 is a balance of all foods and healthy fats, fruit is somewhat limited [mostly peaches, berries, grapefruit, lemon and lime] (duration 3 days)
then you repeat the phases. Exercise fits the phase...1 = cardio 2= weights and 3= relaxation, massage or yoga

julieboolie 12-30-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16733995)
Hey Julie....I am still following it. I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks, then took a week and a half off for Christmas...and maintained while eating way off limits (no, I don't recommend THAT...but I did eat cookies, chocolate, wine, etc.) :dunno:

I found it worked VERY well....I started again today since I would like to lose an additional 10ish pounds...more if my body is willing. :notwrthy:
I also find I love eating food...fake food is off limits...but most food really isn't off limits...of course there is a list of food you can eat and when you can eat it, but it is mostly artificial and fake foods...alcohol in the first 28 days is off limits, and wheat, sugar, corn and flours (except spelt or sprouted) is not allowed. I found I LOVE:love: sweet potatoes...and feel fed. I also feel at peace for the first time in a very long time. I feel my food addictions fading away...and after hcg...I had serious issues with addictions to food, getting ENOUGH food...and even alcohol was becoming an issue because of the "shall not" mentality...I was so hungry after hcg...and it was a hunger I could not feed...I do highly recommend this :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16734004)

The idea of the diet is feeding your body and fixing your metabolism from all the crazy diets we put our bodies through. I was really worried about it working...but it worked for me.
Basically, no sugar, no wheat (except spelt or sprouted), no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no bananas, no caffeine, soy, or dairy....eat within 30 minutes of waking, food choices are phase specific.

Phase 1 is carb loaded but no fat - lots of grains, veggies, fruit, and protein in this phase (duration 2 days)
Phase 2 is protein heavy, no fat, no fruit (except lemon and lime) (duration 2 days)
Phase 3 is a balance of all foods and healthy fats, fruit is somewhat limited [mostly peaches, berries, grapefruit, lemon and lime] (duration 3 days)
then you repeat the phases. Exercise fits the phase...1 = cardio 2= weights and 3= relaxation, massage or yoga

Thank you so much!! I've been working on my metabolsim for a few months now. Hcg gets fast results, but they're not lasting for me. Each round I feel I'm slowing my metabolism further. I'll be reading this book this week and see about starting soon. 15 lbs would be wonderful!! Thanks again for the endorsement! :high5:

beachagain 12-30-2013 11:32 AM

no problem....and I hear you on the hcg...It worked FAST for me...never could maintain it...and now it doesn't work at all..I tried one more round before doing this diet...and GAINED!!! :mad: 10 pounds!!

fiveninepointfive 12-30-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieboolie (Post 16734038)
Thank you so much!! I've been working on my metabolsim for a few months now. Hcg gets fast results, but they're not lasting for me. Each round I feel I'm slowing my metabolism further. I'll be reading this book this week and see about starting soon. 15 lbs would be wonderful!! Thanks again for the endorsement! :high5:

Julie, thanks for showing me this thread. I think you can start with just the app $2.99. Maybe see if your library has the book. I found some web casts on line after reading Grammy's thread. I'll read the book, but I am not sure it is crutial. I'll keep you posted.

fiveninepointfive 12-30-2013 12:44 PM

Hey, Beach, I'll be joining you on the FMD just after the new year. I'll enjoy reading your posts until then.

beachagain 12-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive (Post 16734152)
Julie, thanks for showing me this thread. I think you can start with just the app $2.99. Maybe see if your library has the book. I found some web casts on line after reading Grammy's thread. I'll read the book, but I am not sure it is crutial. I'll keep you posted.

It isn't crucial (the book)...but it is helpful. There is a cheat sheet out there when you google the diet...it shows you what to eat during which phase...accurately. I started out this way and eventually checked the book out from the library. There has been changes in the book so it isn't as accurate at the link I'm talking about. And you are correct...her website and blogs and Facebook page are all really good resources and links you to her webcasts...she will answer you on FB if you post a question. The diet seems complicated at first, but after a round, you begin to feel better about it. you can sign up on her website, and Fb for free...you can download her meal maps for free on her site...(just google: FMD meal maps) I don't have the App because I have a Droid and they don't make an App for the Droid...but it does seem to make it easier...I don't need it anymore...I know what to eat and when...and which exercise and when....but the App takes the brain damage out of eating. The most difficult phase to figure out is the 3rd....the "fat" phase...trying to get the amount of fat at the right time was super confusing.
I am usually on a different thread and there are three of us doing it right now. We are at All I want for Christmas and will soon change it to Red Hot Mamas...in the "challenges" threads...look me up...I am more than happy to help you with anything....somebody who has already done the diet helped me out and is there :high5::up:

I also pop in here on occasion but if you ever need me...I go to the other thread daily...so do the rest of us

Dottie 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

If you go to pinterest and search for fast metabolism diet there are loads of recipe ideas as well as the foods lists for each phase:)

julieboolie 12-30-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16734004)

I'll need to read it through pretty thoroughly. I'm a regular exerciser, so adjusting it to the phase will be a challenge for me... For 1 month it's worth it to follow it as written.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive (Post 16734152)

I bought the Ebook and will as it today and tomorrow (most likely). I will probably download the app too, as it seems to make planning and sticking to it more simple. I'll be trying it too!! I will likely start jan 2. It'll be nice to have others following it too. Will you be posting here? Or maybe a new thread? It'd be nice to have support and be able to share recipes, etc. I'll check out her site.

Dottie-thanks! I'll hit Pinterest next :).

julieboolie 12-30-2013 08:17 PM

I'm sad... :cry: my coffee/cream/as habit will be tough to give up... :cry:

fiveninepointfive 12-30-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieboolie (Post 16734772)
I'll need to read it through pretty thoroughly. I'm a regular exerciser, so adjusting it to the phase will be a challenge for me... For 1 month it's worth it to follow it as written.

I bought the Ebook and will as it today and tomorrow (most likely). I will probably download the app too, as it seems to make planning and sticking to it more simple. I'll be trying it too!! I will likely start jan 2. It'll be nice to have others following it too. Will you be posting here? Or maybe a new thread? It'd be nice to have support and be able to share recipes, etc. I'll check out her site.

Dottie-thanks! I'll hit Pinterest next :).

Pinterest confuses me :dunno: thanks, Dottie, I'll give it a try.

Julie, Let's follow Beach to Red Hot Mamas. It will be nice to do this together. I did watch a webcast where the author suggests duplicating week one/three. Then week two/four for ease. By duplicating, you can make double batches and/or utilize the same groceries.

Dottie 12-31-2013 04:36 AM

It took me a while to learn to navigate it :laugh:
For this one, in the upper left side there's a search box, type in "fast metabolism diet phase 1" without the " ". You can make that phase 2 or 3.
I did find if you just put in "fast metabolism diet" you get all sorts of weird results :laugh: So I search phase specific. Or even recipe specific like "fast metabolism diet soups" "fast metabolism diet sweet potatoes", things like that :)

julieboolie 12-31-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive (Post 16734898)
Pinterest confuses me :dunno: thanks, Dottie, I'll give it a try.

Julie, Let's follow Beach to Red Hot Mamas. It will be nice to do this together. I did watch a webcast where the author suggests duplicating week one/three. Then week two/four for ease. By duplicating, you can make double batches and/or utilize the same groceries.

Sounds good! Half way through the book, love the app! We got this. After hcg everything looks doable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16734974)
It took me a while to learn to navigate it :laugh:
For this one, in the upper left side there's a search box, type in "fast metabolism diet phase 1" without the " ". You can make that phase 2 or 3.
I did find if you just put in "fast metabolism diet" you get all sorts of weird results :laugh: So I search phase specific. Or even recipe specific like "fast metabolism diet soups" "fast metabolism diet sweet potatoes", things like that :)

Thank you!! I'll be working on that this weekend. :)

As the book suggests, and since it'll be my first shot at it (and we all know our first round of anything is always the best one) I'm going to wait and start it on Monday. It seems complicated enough without having to rearrange the days ;). So, I'm in, but will take the weekend to shop, plan and cook so I'm all set for next week.

How about you guys? Are you starting this week? Are you going to adjust your exercise routine to follow her recommendations? I'll need to look at that too :).

I'm excited, and think the tight structure will be good. :high5:

beachagain 01-01-2014 10:28 AM

thought I'd post the link to the thread I'm on

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16736749

but I'm happy to check in here too :dunno::high5: