Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/144/120; 5'2"; 59 yo
WOE: Stillman's QWL/Calorie Counting
Fast Metabolism Portion Sizes

I picked up this book a couple of days ago when it was recommended by a technician at the clinic I go to. She and I are of a similar age and stage (59/60), and she was able to lose 20 pounds fairly easily, about the amount I'd like to drop. She highly recommended this way of eating!

I'm on Day 1 of Phase 2 (a high protein, low fat, low carb phase). Doing fine. One thing that's odd to me: On the plan, portion sizes are geared to how many pounds you want to lose. There is a basic set of recommended portions for those who want to lose 20 or fewer pounds, and other sizes for losing 20+ pounds. There is no difference in portion sizes for males vs. females, large-boned vs. slim-wristed. Haylie insists that one avoid reducing portion sizes to speed weight loss, but at a small-framed 5'2", I truly don't think I should eat as much as a 30-year old, 200 lb. man who wishes to lose 20 pounds.

There are quite a few "non-success" stories on Haylie's site, and reading these is discouraging. I'm going to give it my all, however, and see where I end up. I don't expect to lose 20 pounds in 28 days, but any downward movement of the scale will be most welcome, and long overdue.
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/144/120; 5'2"; 59 yo
WOE: Stillman's QWL/Calorie Counting
I might add, if you decide to try this WOE, go ahead and get the app. It's $2.99. You can plan your day of eating very quickly and you are prompted to choose the correct type of foods for your phase. You can even track the ounces of water you drink (I'll never get it all in!).
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote