Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   30 lbs by New Year.... who's with me? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/811277-30-lbs-new-year-whos-me.html)

Genie80 09-02-2013 04:14 AM

30 lbs by New Year.... who's with me?

I'm setting myself a personal goal of losing 30lbs by Christmas/New Year which will take me to 168 lbs and almost half way to goal.

I'm starting this thread because I although I regularly write journal entries I'm still all over the place and not getting anywhere fast.

Anyone is welcome to join me, doesn't matter what plan your following as long as you've got similar goals!!

Gina x

emgee 09-03-2013 12:24 PM

I'll join in. I was 138.8 yesterday. I'm a shortie so 30lbs is about right. I'll take it. Going to alternate Stillmans/Atkins.

Genie80 09-04-2013 06:49 AM

Hi emgee
No change at my weigh in today so still 198.5 :(

emgee 09-05-2013 10:08 AM

I'm at 138 today but couldn't sleep at all last night. I don't feel well as well on Stillman's. At midnight I was eating a piece of cheese. I think it helped. Let's see what today brings :) Maybe the happy place is somewhere in the middle?
I had Greek yogurt for lunch. 2% fat. That's pretty filling. I'm not crazy about it so that helps but still...half a cup and then blech. LOL.

emgee 09-06-2013 05:16 AM

Genie, how are you doing?
I added a salad last night. But it's not something I want everyday. I also started Vit D yesterday because I watched a neurologist lecture on Vit D and sleep and was so completely convinced I ran upstairs and took some in the middle of her 5 part lecture.
I think it helps with obesity issues too. I'm not sure I'm going to be -30 by Christmas but I do know I'm losing and not binge eating so that's good enough for me.
You might want to move this to the challenge board and perhaps there would be more company on this challenge.
Have a good day pretty lady!

JoeyB 09-17-2013 02:16 PM

I'm in! I just made a "Goals" list today for the first time ever.

I want to lose 37 lbs. by Jan. 1st. If that is really unrealistic, I would truly be happy losing half that. But I'm shooting for the whole thing. I wrote it out into smaller goals, like 7 lbs. by Oct. 1st, then 10 lbs. a month until Jan. 1.

Feb. 11th of this year, I restarted Atkins after two (more) years of stupidity! I also quit smoking same day. Figured I better do both or I'd gain a ton, and I already had! Long story short, I have not cheated on smoking. I lost 22 lbs. in a couple months. Then I stalled, or allowed carb creep and haven't been honest with myself - - then I got discouraged and gained back part of it back. SO, I've been back on my WOE for a week now. Am down 6.3 lbs. total - now I'm 6 lbs. from where I started from. Whew. NEVER again. I hope. No more outright cheating! Watch carb creep! Be honest! Deep down, I know when I'm doing it right.

I have been quite strict this week. I was trying to do M & E (meat and eggs) but I had a lot of veggies to use up and I'm one who can't toss them out. Have done ok anyway by just being very careful. I've even had my cabbage stew! It's not too bad but just have to be careful to not have too much. Measuring and counting better helps, as does writing everything down, even if it's a PITA. It's all about accountability!

So, it sounds like you two gals are doing ok! Genie, you look like my niece, it is uncanny! She is 10 years older than you, but it's still amazing.

I hear you on the vitamin d, emgee. I've been taking it since I found out my level was only 36. Prettly low. Next month I'll get all my new numbers. Kind of excited to do them, as I haven't since going LC this time. Kind of nervous too. I quit taking my cholesterol meds and my bp meds!! My bp is fine, I have a monitor. Just trying to get it all right!

I just stumbled across this, so I do hope others will find it. I expect many will want to do this.

Take care!

Genie80 09-18-2013 01:11 AM

Hellooooo....
Ok well after a messy weekend and not logging my food for a few days I'm back at 206.8 WTH??? oh well, means I now have a total of 80 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight which I can hopefully do by next July - Only way I can do that though is by losing 8.5 lbs (ish) a month between October - June!!

Emgee - I'm good hun, back on track today with JUDDD and on a down day. Doing as it advises on the site and going to just have shakes for my DD's for the first 2 weeks to get into the swing of things.

JoeyB - Welcome to our little group! To reach the target of 30 lbs by NYE I've got to get down to 176 which would be nice! I'll be happy to get anywhere near that goal to be honest! Awesome about me looking like your neice, always like to hear stuff like that!

JoeyB 09-18-2013 05:50 PM

Hi Gina,

The scales are weird things. You know when I did my best? When I wasn't getting on the scale!! It's so fickle. The body's making so many shifts and changes and I think to get hung up on a number is just not helpful. (Telling that to myself 100 times and see if it works, lol!) We have been programmed to weigh in! Well, don't feel bad. I'm up a couple this morning for no apparent reason. Hang tough!!

Genie80 09-19-2013 01:37 AM

203.2 this morning - a drop of 3.6 lbs
Feeling very motivated right now x

emgee 09-19-2013 05:40 AM

Hi everyone...

I'm at 133.6
Still working it...maybe the -30 is possible. I have a wedding this weekend. Going to be interesting...travel etc too.

JoeyB 09-19-2013 03:33 PM

Awesome, Gina!! Doesn't it feel good when that happens? Yippee!!

My weight is fluctuating all over the place, but down a little bit this morning. I'm just doing it daily to see how it does, as before it was only once a week and I stuck to it. Even through all the stalls.

I didn't do strictly the meat and eggs like I have wanted to do, but I have stayed around 20 carbs. Maybe that is too much for me. Well, time for some more tweaking, I guess.

Hope you guys take it easy!

Genie80 09-20-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emgee (Post 16610710)
I have a wedding this weekend. Going to be interesting...travel etc too.

Travelling is probably the worst time for me to be honest, not so bad on the commute to and from work but if I go visit my Mum etc,. and have a couple of hours train journey I reach for the naughties!! lol!

Not got much planned this weekend, we have to replace the stair carpet because one of our cats took it on himself to use the bottom few steps as his personal scratch post and we have a landlord inspection next Wednesday. The carpet we've managed to get doesn't quite match but as there's no natural light on our stairs we figure if we just do the bottom 3-4 steps we might get away with it!!!

emgee 09-23-2013 04:23 AM

Well I was 134 this morning and I didn't cheat one bit. In fact, I was super strict and no alcohol. A bit frustrating. But my clothes are looser so I don't know...
Sometimes I see the scale go up a bit before a whoosh of sorts. Hopefully that will show up this week.

Genie80 09-23-2013 05:47 AM

I'm at 201 today so this is defo working for me :)
Official weigh in Wednesday so I'll keep you updated!

emgee 09-23-2013 10:39 AM

Way to go!

sweetpoison 09-24-2013 08:19 AM

Well........ I am getting in here alittle late... but... better late than never. I am game!!! I need to drop the weight and I am aiming for 30 by NEW YEARS!!! I am mostly Primal.. trying to do it lower carb... but still Primal. So far so good. I was 219 this a.m. so my goal of 30 lb. would put me at 189. Have not seen that in may a day. Hope this thread keeps going... Oh..... hope I am welcome ???

emgee 09-25-2013 10:22 AM

Hi there Sweetpoison! Welcome!

I'm postmenopausal so you know...a girl can dream lol...
But as my husband pointed out this morning, I look a lot better since I really threw myself into this weightloss business in mid Aug. So, while I am hovering at 134 I've gone down in bodyfat from 34.5% to 31%. Best of all I can walk 6 miles a day now and it is no big deal. I seriously downloaded a mapmywalk app (free) just to double check the mileage. I'm walking my dog 3 times a day and had no idea that it was that much. Now I'm really stoked about the walking! So, keep on fighting the good fight all!

April04 09-25-2013 12:48 PM

Can I join you all, too?

I think I should be able to pull thirty off if I go back to a September 2 start date and have New Year's Eve be the goal date.

How about that?

Start: 178.6
Current: 169.7 (-8.9)
Goal: 148.6

Thanks for starting this, Gina. I think having a group of supportive people to keep me accountable should really help me stay on track.

I'm NK/zero carb and will be doing 5 day FF each month. Do we have rules here? Or a weigh-in day? I'll have to re-read the posts to get myself all caught up.

emgee 09-26-2013 05:08 AM

I'm going to have to tatoo 134 on my arm if I stay at this wait [I]forever[I]!!

Hi Ann! I'm thinking of FF as well to see if this will move at all next week. I'm giving it till Sunday.

Genie80 09-27-2013 06:28 AM

Welcome to our new ladies :)
What's FF?
My official loss so far is 5.2 lbs - I'll definitely take that... talk about motivation to carry on!
It's an Up Day for me today so we're going out for a meal this evening, really looking forward to it!

Anyone got any exciting plans over the weekend?
We've got nothing planned... just chilling with the cats x

April04 09-27-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16621048)
Welcome to our new ladies :)
What's FF?
My official loss so far is 5.2 lbs - I'll definitely take that... talk about motivation to carry on!
It's an Up Day for me today so we're going out for a meal this evening, really looking forward to it!

Anyone got any exciting plans over the weekend?
We've got nothing planned... just chilling with the cats x

5.2, Woo Hoo! :clap:

Fat Fast, it's originally an Atkins thing to expedite ketosis. You basically eat only fat for a few days. 90% fat, 1000 calories, 3-5 days. Some people do it, and many are opposed to doing it. I've only done it twice and it certainly gets your body burning fat and stops cures hunger.

Weekend plans include a hayride then pumpkin and apple picking.

Genie80 09-27-2013 06:49 AM

Hmmm that sounds interesting. My problem at the moment is I'm overeating drastically on my Up Days...I just get carried away.

Tomorrow I'm planning a super 'good' Down Day to get back on track x

April04 09-27-2013 07:04 AM

I keep looking at JUDDD, it sounds really interesting and effective, but I have to try it out. I keep thinking that if I find that I'm stalling or something that will be how I can shake things up.

What do your down days look like Gina?

Genie80 09-27-2013 07:14 AM

A typical DD would be:

B: Orange Juice 60c
L: Ryvita Crackerbread x 4 with Philadelphia 100c
D: Sirloin Steak with eggs 400c

I eat pretty well on my DD's to be honest, it's the not snacking I find the hardest but drinking loads of water seems to keep that under control x

April04 09-27-2013 07:22 AM

Sounds delicious! But you're right about the snacking being challenging. I sometimes just want that little something after dinner.

Should we have a certain weekly weigh-in day, or just report losses as we go? I've never done a challenge on here, so it's all new to me.

Genie80 09-27-2013 07:42 AM

I'm weighing in every Up day at the moment but my official weigh in day is Wednesday, I think we should just report as we go... x

emgee 09-27-2013 11:18 AM

So, what I have found is restricting calories messes my sleep very badly which means I don't want to do anything much the next day. I do so much better on just plain low carb keeping the carbs low. It affects my mood so much that losing weight that way is not worth the misery to me. So far I have walked over 5 miles and will do another 3 later today. That feels great! My shorts don't ride up anymore. I am not weighing currently because it totally messes with my head and I get binge "ah forget this" thoughts. What I know is I move differently and my body is looking differently and I'm feeling better. So maybe in a bit I 'll check my weight. Don't know-2 weeks? In the meantime, rock on everyone!

Genie80 09-28-2013 04:42 AM

2 weeks is a good idea for weigh ins.... I'm a little too addicted to the scales :(

Ps new profile pic was taken in Tokyo in 2008 before I got ill... I wanna be that skinny again!!

colamalu 09-28-2013 06:59 AM

Hi, can I join in? I'll weigh in tomorrow morning! I need a goal and this will help!

GME 09-28-2013 07:49 AM

Another Gina here :hiya:

I'd like to lose 20 lbs by NY and get back below 200 (I am up from the 214 in my stats). I haven't weighed in a couple of days, but the last number I saw was 221. Blech.

I mostly IF, but obviously it isn't working that well for me (or I'm not working that well for it). I have JUDDDed in the past and it worked for me, I just have this thing about being hungry at night that I can't seem to get past. My form of IF is more of a Fast Five approach.