Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Happy Weekend All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hey Mae! You go on that major loss! Eleven pounds are A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I know that you are feeling great.

Hi Terri! How is your plan going?

Aruralgirl, Super congratulations on making onederland!!! That is a major accomplishment. Now, it is to home plate from this point.
Hi, Karai, Arural, Lil, Terri, JoeyB, Tashy and All. Welcome new pals
Thanks all for the congrats. It do feel better. Getting there. Goal is to make 198 by end of year, to get to Onderland lol.

Karai, congrats to you also on your accomplishments. We're so proud of you. Read your thread. Terri do too, and you'll do well, Terri. Here for ya.

Lil, will you hurry up and shake it off already Get well and happy losing, hope the surgery goes well, warm hugs.

Joey, good luck with what WOE you do, I'm rethinking mine here lately. We'll get it together. You got a lotta reading to do, pal, but take your time, you'll find the right mix or woe for ya.

Aruralgirl congratulations on gettting to Onederland So truly proud of ya. Working on that myself!

Tashy, glad the paleo is working for you, kudos. I'm checking out the recipes too.

Have a fantastic weekend all. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks Mae and Terri! Fifty sticks of butta have gone away! Now... to the rest of the tonnage! It must go too.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
I was just noticing the "50 Sticks of butta gone bye-bye," Karai! That's AWESOME! I would have a lot of trouble just lifting that much weight. But here I am packing around that much extra a couple times over. Certainly something to think about.

Congrats to you, too, Mae! You have done so well, too.

You girls are absolutely an inspiration - all of you!

Yes, I do have reading cut out for me. I think I've got most of the 'science' down pretty much after all these years, and reading and re-reading...Think I'll jump to the how-to part and the main plans. For now I'm still sticking with LC. Even with some strawberries! They're almost gone, so I told myself to have them. With Reddi-whip, which I had supposedly given up...lol. Low cal, low fat pretty much, and really not that bad of carbs, so why not! I have all winter to abstain!

I'm checking out the recipes, too. I've even found some wonderful ones on this board from 2003 and on! It's wonderful they've kept all those gems. I bought some golden flaxseed, and can't wait to try their "bread" recipe. Can be used for sandwiches. Or toast. I'm not too picky, I have even had pancakes made with soy flour and those were so good!

You know, I was shopping today, and was picking up some REAL butta - EAT lotsa butta to lose lotsa butta - LOL!!! Anyway, I can't even stand the thoughts of using that fake-o, plastic butter called margarine!!! I used to slather that stuff on everything. Now I use real butter and it's delicious. I LOVE unsalted butter! YUM!!! I told my son that I could never even consider eating that stuff again.

Well, enough from me. You girls have a great weekend!!

It's cold, windy and rainy here. Not liking it so soon.

Last edited by JoeyB; 09-27-2013 at 07:12 PM..
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
2 weeks worth of updates (9/21 and 9/28)

Hello all.

I hope everyone is doing well and finding much success with their WOE for September. Is it just me or has September flown-by even faster than August did?

Week of 15th-21st
This was a crazy week. Lots going on at work and to top it all off a family member was in the hospital (he's okay and back at home now). I also was using this week to get over the last bit of that flu-like bug that I caught, so you know what that meant; lots of chicken noodle soup, orange juice, onions, feeling to poorly to cook so several trips to the fast food place for breakfast. My weigh-in day is Saturday and I quickly did it before taking off to spend the weekend with family. I was not surprised when the scale told me that I had gained weight. +3.8lbs to be exact. As disappointed as it was I was also proud, it was the first time I had gained in 7 weeks...very first time. Needless to say I didn't feel to terrible about it.

Week of 22nd-28th
With the family crisis gone and my cold 100% gone now, I decided it was time to get back to "what works" for me. Monday night after work I took off my work clothes and put on my apron and went to work in the kitchen. Cleaned out the refrigerator and stocked it up with my "success foods." Quiches, low carb meatloaf, several pitchers of my "tea", HWC, etc. and from Tuesday - literally now I have stayed on course and eaten only what I've made. And wouldn't you know it, at this morning's weigh-in I was back on track. I lost 4.2lbs this week. So not only did I get rid of the 3.8lbs I gained last week, but an extra 0.4lbs decided to tag along for the ride.

I am 4.8lbs from my next goal. Hopefully I can get there by next Saturday, we shall see.

I haven't seen my regular barber in two months, we had a good chat about how good I looked and his wanting to know what I've been doing. It was my needed ego-boost for the week.

So now people, I'm going to give you yours-- I am proud of each one of you for sticking with your WOE this month. I am proud of your new successes both on the scale and your non-scale victories. I've read your posts and I want you to know that you all inspire me whether it is just to read up on information and gain new insight and knowledge on things, or your stories providing me with continued inspiration.

Until the next post... Cheers!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
SO glad to hear from you, NAF!! Glad you are better and stuff is smoothing out for you. You did so well, all things considered. That's terrific! Way to go. We all encourage one another, for sure!
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
SO glad to hear from you, NAF!! Glad you are better and stuff is smoothing out for you. You did so well, all things considered. That's terrific! Way to go. We all encourage one another, for sure!
Thank you, I appreciate that.
And yes, I have noticed that "our thread" is one of the nicer and more supportive ones on this site.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Terri, Karai, Joey, Mae, Naf, Tashy, and Lil! And hello to lurkers.

Congrats on the weight loss Mae, Karai, and Naf! And thanks, everybody, for the encouragement. This really is one of the most supportive threads on the website.

So shall we start a new one for October?
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/137.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Please do! I'm about to start another M&E and I need no excusses for you all not to be here

How'd you do after your FF Arural?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hey Terri!

Well, I'm bouncing around between 197.5 to 200, but it's just that darned water weight gain before and after TOM. So I'm not discouraged. Figure I'll get an accurate read several days into TOM. Right now pants are snug and I'm feeling a bit bloated.

I've been sticking to plan, though didn't quite stay with the 1,300 calories/80% fat. I've kept between 1,300 to 1,775--mostly on the lower side, though--and staying around 75% fat. I tend to also be much more hungry before TOM.

Thanks for asking, though. Need the accountability!

BTW, started a new thread: FALL for Meat & Eggs. . . Sorry, don't know how to add a link.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/137.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Meet you there!

For future: Go up to the main bar were you type in www. etc, highlight, copy and then paste it in your post.

See you all in Fall

FALL for Meat & Eggs
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote