Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Humph! I might need to go donate a few more litres. Up dam it! And all I ate apart from eggs and meat was 1/2 roasted pumpkin with sour cream.

Mind you, I have no idea how the body responds to sudden blood loss. I wondered if it would cause it to flush water or hold it.

Hey karai - Lil please

mamalaw - I have heard of an egg fast, not sure if its the one youre looking for but it was an egg or 2, and nothing else. I just did 3 days of egg and chicken. it looked like this:
B: 2 eggs fried in butter
L: 3 boiled eggs, mashed with 1T mayo or sour cream
D:1 fried egg with small fried chicken breast.

repeat 3 times. very boring, but definatly good for moving the scales.

Joey - WTG! 3 pounds over night! You go! And I dont mind teasing. Life is too weird to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri
With this group there are no hard and fast rules, just support.
AB-So-Lut-LEE. I like this group for this exact reason. Everyone just flows and doesnt feel the need to do a bunch of scolding. my kinda people.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Just checking in! All is well I am maintaining with the extra fat. But I am super bad for stress eating and I have been very stressed with school and I am trying to stay away from my favourite stress food so I am gonna keep eating the fat because maintaining is not gaining!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DressageLover
Stats: 222/168/150, 5'10"
WOE: VLC, A72
Start Date: 1/29/99
Congrats on maintaining Mar922. It's not easy!

Checking in to say I've lost 4 of the 9 pounds I gained over the last week when I drank wine. I hope I can quickly lose the other five because I don't like the way my thighs are filling out my pants. I did, however, get a few compliments on how slim I look tonight, so it must not be as noticeable as it feels.
Aside from my first day at it, I've had trouble sticking JUST to meat and eggs. I made tacos for my family using turkey meat one night and it was so lean that I put some cheese and sour cream on it. I've become quite dependent on fat. Tonight I had some cheese on my burger patties - but other than that, it was meat, eggs, and mayo.
I still find it so hard to cut calories. If I could eat 1700/day, I'd probably lose weight. And I SO want to! My appetite, however, is borderline satisfied with 2,000-2,300. I keep hoping that by eating this strictly, and this low carb, I won't be so hungry. Over the last 3 days I've had 1600, 1830, and 2018 calories.
I need to figure out a way to get my calories lower without chewing off my arm. Or biting anyone's head off!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/137.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Humph! I might need to go donate a few more litres. Up dam it! And all I ate apart from eggs and meat was 1/2 roasted pumpkin with sour cream.

Mind you, I have no idea how the body responds to sudden blood loss. I wondered if it would cause it to flush water or hold it.
No joke Lil, I'll bet your body is overcompensating. Give it a day or two and I bet it'll magically disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageLover View Post
Checking in to say I've lost 4 of the 9 pounds I gained over the last week when I drank wine. I hope I can quickly lose the other five because I don't like the way my thighs are filling out my pants. I did, however, get a few compliments on how slim I look tonight, so it must not be as noticeable as it feels.
Aside from my first day at it, I've had trouble sticking JUST to meat and eggs. I made tacos for my family using turkey meat one night and it was so lean that I put some cheese and sour cream on it. I've become quite dependent on fat. Tonight I had some cheese on my burger patties - but other than that, it was meat, eggs, and mayo.
I still find it so hard to cut calories. If I could eat 1700/day, I'd probably lose weight. And I SO want to! My appetite, however, is borderline satisfied with 2,000-2,300. I keep hoping that by eating this strictly, and this low carb, I won't be so hungry. Over the last 3 days I've had 1600, 1830, and 2018 calories.
I need to figure out a way to get my calories lower without chewing off my arm. Or biting anyone's head off!
Nice job! I find the more I restrict carbs and up my fat the less hungry I am.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Terri, I weigh on Friday's too. Once-a-week is more than enough for me. It's like having to brave it all when I see the scale. Violin playing: Those numbers don't always encompass all of the hard work and sacrifice put into staying-on-the wagon.

I am glad that you are feeling good about where you are. It is great motivation for us all...loving the skin you are in.

Hey Lil. It sounds like your body is getting back to balance. Then, watch out you are in for a whoosh.

Hi Mamalaw, we are here to support you.

Congrats Joey and DressageLover on the weight loss!

Hi Mar922, stay strong and focused. You can do this.

Last edited by Karai; 09-12-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Natalia: Thanks for carb count on the pumpkin dish. Darn. I have to count fiber so 9gm (shoot...even half that) is just too high for me. Kind of thought it might be with the pumpkin.

Joey: Wow! WTG on the loss! Don't get discouraged if you don't lose 10 pounds a month or stop losing for a bit. You're doing wonderfully!

Mamalaw: Welcome!

Mar: Good motto "Maintaining is not gaining".

Dressage: Don't know what your macros are, but I found that when I overdid protein, I was hungrier. Probably because it acts like carbs, shooting glucose into the blood stream and creating hunger...just like carbs.

Hey Lil,Arural, Karai, Terri!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Terri, I weigh on Friday's too. Once-a-week is more than enough for me. It's like having to brave it all when I see the scale. Violin playing: Those numbers don't always encompass all of the hard work and sacrifice put into staying-on-the wagon.

I am glad that you are feeling good about where you are. It is great motivation for us all...loving the skin you are in.

Okay Buddy! I'll for you, you for me that the whoosh fairy appreciates our hard work. I was reading your journal and noticed your Friday weigh in too and I’m looking forward to seeing your new number I really like to way you put your tips in your posts.

So on IF would it be "legal" to have broth? I made some killer broth crock potting some chicken that was very filling (not low fat mind you) but it got me to thinking.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

I have broth occasionally. I dont count it as I consider it more medicinal rather than nutrition
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say a quick hi to all. Congrats to those losing and don't stress to those haven't pushed too much off yet. You'll do great. Just keep on focusing and it will drop. You're a great group of losers, er friends here. Take care and have a great upcoming weekend. Mae

Oh, BCBrown says hi (Karen). She's been busy with her new book, but hasn't forgotten her friends here. Laters.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Just wanted to say a quick hi to all. Congrats to those losing and don't stress to those haven't pushed too much off yet. You'll do great. Just keep on focusing and it will drop. You're a great group of losers, er friends here. Take care and have a great upcoming weekend. Mae

Oh, BCBrown says hi (Karen). She's been busy with her new book, but hasn't forgotten her friends here. Laters.
My appologies, typo there. BCGrown says
Old 09-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What I learned from weighing in weekly.
No matter how great I do on whatever WOE during the week, if I let it go over the weekend, all is for naught. No this isn’t a surprise, nor is it something I didn’t know was going on but…………… If I was weighing in daily, like I had been, after the initial shook of what I gained over the weekend, I’d be very pleased with what I had lost come Friday. This week after four days of FF, doing very well, feeling the difference in my clothes and in the mirror I was very shocked that my weight had not changed one tenth of a pound from last Friday’s weigh in. So no playing games and fooling myself anymore. This weekend’s goal is to “not go backwards”. May sound silly, but so has been my behavior. After that hopefully all my weekday work will actually be meaningful.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Okay Buddy! I'll for you, you for me that the whoosh fairy appreciates our hard work. I was reading your journal and noticed your Friday weigh in too and I’m looking forward to seeing your new number I really like to way you put your tips in your posts.

So on IF would it be "legal" to have broth? I made some killer broth crock potting some chicken that was very filling (not low fat mind you) but it got me to thinking.
I have you...both of us in my prayers! Thanks for checking out my posts. I am glad the tips are helpful. They help me too...having to remember what needs to be done to make things work. Yep, today is weight day. I am down 2.1 lbs. I didn't quite make my 4th goal of 219 lbs tho'. But, next week I gotta get there. I am happy for that loss. It's 2 sticks of butta gone bye-bye.

I don't see why broth would be illegal on IF. Heck, some think anything but water is illegal. But alot of people drink coffee or tea. It wouldn't hurt to try it to see if the broth makes you hungry. I don't think I could make my 18 hour fast without the coffee. Water would not do it for me.

Hiya Aomiel, Lil and Mae!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. We are going to do some semi-camping, and I don't think I will be able to post until Monday.

Last edited by Karai; 09-13-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Morning all. And a special good morning to JoeyB; thank you for the personal shout-out you gave me last week and asking where I was I appreciate it.

I was dealing with a "flu-like" bug last week... it wasn't the flu apparently, but I had some of the typical symptoms: the shivers even in 80 degree weather, fever, sweats, terrible cough, nausea, etc. Took 4 days to get it all out of my symptom, but things are much, much better now.

In true NewestAtkinsFan-fashion, I'm here to give my weekly update so here we go.

I figured with all the orange juice I've been chugging down the past week, not to mention chicken noodle soup, onions, etc. that I've been consuming, I'm sure the scale would go up this morning. But knowing that already I promised myself not to beat myself up over it.

But wouldn't you know I still managed to lose weight this week! 0.8lbs lost
I was speechless. So now I am 3.2lbs away from next goal.

This past Thursday another co-worker "cornered" me and asked about my weight loss and what program I was doing... be sure to read my recent journal entry if you are curious if that went smoothly or not.

Here's hoping that everyone is doing well with their WOE and goals for the month of September....can you believe the month is almost half-way over already! My goodness.

Cheers to all! And Take Care of yourselves!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NAF

You're an inspiration to us all! Thanks for keeping us going!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Morning all. And a special good morning to JoeyB; thank you for the personal shout-out you gave me last week and asking where I was I appreciate it.

I was dealing with a "flu-like" bug last week... it wasn't the flu apparently, but I had some of the typical symptoms: the shivers even in 80 degree weather, fever, sweats, terrible cough, nausea, etc. Took 4 days to get it all out of my symptom, but things are much, much better now.

In true NewestAtkinsFan-fashion, I'm here to give my weekly update so here we go.

I figured with all the orange juice I've been chugging down the past week, not to mention chicken noodle soup, onions, etc. that I've been consuming, I'm sure the scale would go up this morning. But knowing that already I promised myself not to beat myself up over it.

But wouldn't you know I still managed to lose weight this week! 0.8lbs lost
I was speechless. So now I am 3.2lbs away from next goal.

This past Thursday another co-worker "cornered" me and asked about my weight loss and what program I was doing... be sure to read my recent journal entry if you are curious if that went smoothly or not.

Here's hoping that everyone is doing well with their WOE and goals for the month of September....can you believe the month is almost half-way over already! My goodness.

Cheers to all! And Take Care of yourselves!
WOO HOO!! Great job, Naf!! You rock.

BTW, enjoyed reading your journal.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Morning lovely M&E'ers

Well I returned to the land of the living over the weekend and made myself a belated birthday treat, a primal carrot cake. It was fabulous (if I do say so myself ) even the non-lc hubby can't get enough of it. I may have over indulged Sooooo, fast forward 3 days and I'm up 1kg...not happy Back to good old M&E for 2 days to fix it up

Planned menu today:

B: Coffee with splash almond milk, 2 x fried eggs & 2 x strips bacon
S: Black coffee, 100g ham
L: 3 x boiled eggs mashed with a little mayo
D: BBQ chicken
Plus a shed load of water

I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts lately because I've been working, but hope you are all doing well and having some great losses. Hi to all

Happy losing everyone....
Old 09-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Hey, everyone!

NAF, thank you so much for the special shout-out! Made my day. I think the bugs are floating about everywhere, I had one for the last week also. Sore throat, cold, yukky. I hopped on the zinc and I think it helps shorten the duration.

Thanks to all who have given encouragement! By the time I come to post, I forget everything... will have to start taking notes, I guess!

Well, this week has been strange to say the least. But it's all good! I'm not complaining whatsoever! I lost 3 lbs. overnight, then again the next overnight. Then I forgot to weigh for two days - then following day UP 3 lbs. Then this morning down 1. Total for the week down: 4.7 lbs. That's more than I lost per month for many months in a row! So, from when I first restarted in Feb., I'm 8 lbs. away from that 22 lb. loss. I shouldn't even post all this. It confuses even me. Pray for no more stops, starts, re-starts and stalls! I just want it to keep going down, down, down...like we all do!

Anyway, I'm so proud to be in this group. I haven't started a Journal (on here anyway) or read any of yours, but I want to do both. Need to spend more time on that, it will be motivating. I spend too much time on stupid Radio Trivia contests.

I made a "Mock Danish" earlier. I think I found the recipe here somewhere. Tweaked it a little. I used 1 T. sour cream, 1 T. Almond meal, 2 eggs, about 1 1/2 tsp. Splenda, 2-3 dashes cinnamon, about 1 tsp. vanilla. Mixed it well with a whisk. Sprayed two plastic cereal bowls and divided mixture between them. Microwave 2 minutes each, or if your husband bought you a ginormous new microwave last Christmas, both fit at once. :-) Lucky me! I sprinkled a little splenda and cinnamon on tops. I was a little disappointed, but it really wasn't bad. I guess I was expecting a real Danish! Impossible. I think 1 egg would have sufficed. OR use all flour of some type. Or mixture. I might try it again. Or the hamburger bun recipe.

Am too distracted right now, I guess. Can't seem to focus.

Keep on keeping on!!
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I'm just going to wave to everyone this morning before I get back to my packing. We're getting ready to leave on Friday for a wedding in Ohio and then driving to Florida and I'm busy making lists, last minute cleaning, etc. Normally we fly, but my husband wants to do the whole 'back roads' thing...and me unable to do the 'Diners, Drive-ins & Dives' food stops.

We've pretty much decided to just eat out of the cooler, although many of the hotels we stay at have full breakfast bars. Ok for him, not so ok for me. The last one I stayed at had scrambled eggs and sausage, but I only had the eggs figuring they were safe. Not so much. My blood sugar did a fairly drastic climb after eating them which tells me they put some type of extender in them. So I'm taking my bullet blender, kerrygold and favorite coffee and making a BPC in the room (with their little 2 pot coffeemaker) for breakfast.

I haven't been deliberately trying to lose weight but since switching over one meal to BPC, I've dropped 5 pounds in the last 2 months (?). This week I've apparently found it...and lost it...and found it <and repeat> again. I have no clue what is going on with the scale, but the dress I bought for the wedding actually seems a bit looser than when I bought it (at 155) so who knows what those little fat cells are doing.

Hope you all have a good/successful day!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Hi Melody, have a safe and good trip. Your body will balance out. I find it beneficial when my body is doing anything but plateauing or consistently gaining. Don't worry, enjoy the looser dress and have a great time.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
I'm just going to wave to everyone this morning before I get back to my packing. We're getting ready to leave on Friday for a wedding in Ohio and then driving to Florida and I'm busy making lists, last minute cleaning, etc. Normally we fly, but my husband wants to do the whole 'back roads' thing...and me unable to do the 'Diners, Drive-ins & Dives' food stops.

We've pretty much decided to just eat out of the cooler, although many of the hotels we stay at have full breakfast bars. Ok for him, not so ok for me. The last one I stayed at had scrambled eggs and sausage, but I only had the eggs figuring they were safe. Not so much. My blood sugar did a fairly drastic climb after eating them which tells me they put some type of extender in them. So I'm taking my bullet blender, kerrygold and favorite coffee and making a BPC in the room (with their little 2 pot coffeemaker) for breakfast.

I haven't been deliberately trying to lose weight but since switching over one meal to BPC, I've dropped 5 pounds in the last 2 months (?). This week I've apparently found it...and lost it...and found it <and repeat> again. I have no clue what is going on with the scale, but the dress I bought for the wedding actually seems a bit looser than when I bought it (at 155) so who knows what those little fat cells are doing.

Safe trip my friend!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Melody, have a wonderful trip! It sounds like you're doing alright, all things considered. Your DH is not making it easy for you, but your good planning will pay off, even if there are times you can't adhere strictly to your WOE. Have fun!!! Look forward to stories (and pics?) when you get back!

I find that I'm truly doing ok when I am on track, and I can FEEL the differences in my body and the fit of my clothes. Deep, down in the recesses of our minds, (!) we KNOW if we are doing it right or not. (Whatever "right" is for you!) Whether I admit it or not at the time, I know when I'm allowing Carb Creep to take over. My biggest battle...

I am stoked, you guys! I see all these short and long-term goals everywhere. I have never sat down and made one. So with some thought, I did that this morning. Here goes.

1st Short Term Goal: To lose 7 lbs. by Oct. 1st.

Then what I'm calling the long term goal actually looks like three more short term goals! Basically, I am hoping to lose 10 lbs. a month from Oct. 1st to Nov. 1st, another 10 from Nov. 1st to Dec. 1st., then 10 more Dec. 1st to Jan 1st. Ten pounds a month for Oct., Nov., Dec. I hope that is not unrealistic. I know I'll have to stay as close to M & E as I can to achieve this. That would be 37 lbs. and would put me under 200 for the first time in a looong time.

Even if it comes up short, it will be ok. I would be HAPPY to lose HALF that by Jan. 1st. After basically a 5 month STALL, anything is good!

I guess most of the point is to have a plan, have it written down, and keep writing in my book every day.

Thanks for hearing me out. (If you were able to, LOL!!!) Wake up!!! Haaaa!!

I even edited my stats to reflect everything current...

Now the real work continues!!

Last edited by JoeyB; 09-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: add info
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post

Safe travels, Melody!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

everybody!

Tashy--you had to make your own b-day cake? Sounds yummy, but one shouldn't have to cook on one's birthday.

Joey--your enthusiasm is contagious! I will hang with ya, trying to lose 7 pounds before the end of the month, too. I'm doing another fat fast starting tomorrow. (Had to get the watermelon out of the house.)

Hello to Karai and Terri, too. And all the rest of you out there. We must be some busy M&Eers lately! And hopefully continuing to drop a lot of weight this month.

We can do this, people!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All!

I'm FFing too AruralGirl. A little higher on the calories and lower fat than normal, because I have so much going on I've been real hungry.

Monday - 1622/78%
Today 1468/81%

I'm feeling real good though. Hope to pull in the reigns better the next couple days.

Shout outs to Joey B, Karai, Mae, Melody, NAF, Tashy, Lil and all the s
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Joey, those goals look realistic. You can make it happen. I find that tracking my food and numbers really keep me accountable (for the most part). Having a plan and working it, is key.

Hey Aruralgirl I am trying to get rid of as much weight as I can before the holidays hit. It can be tough to walk the straight-and-narrow then. Is that possible?

Terri. More good feelings to you.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Karai! I really needed to hear that. I'm also thinking about the holidays... I think I will skip them this year. Gahhh. Or make all LC stuff. Hubs and son won't notice, will they? LOL.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Everyone! Down almost 7 myself, been on strict Stills/ME for the last few days, continuing through the month. Sorry been away a few days, but I'll keep checking in regularly. Good luck and congrats to all by buddies and welcome newcomers. Proud of you all. Have a great upcoming weekend. Happy losing all. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 09-19-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 09-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mar922, Aruralgirl and Tashy

Dressagelover - fat is allowed on this WOE. I never eat my eggs without some succulent fat in one form or another.

terriMM and karai - thanks for the wooshfairy wishes, still waiting on her....

Aomiel - enjoy florida, and GL for finding good food on the road trip.

Mae - WTG!! You are an inspiration

NAF - Omigosh, I envy you. You are amazing. Good steady losses and soon you'll be displaying your stats

JoeyB - Sorry to hear about being unwell. I think I joined you over the pacific.

yes, I have been sick again which was kind of annoying since I had heard so much about how much better health got eating LC. Sore throat, sore eyes and copious amounts of snot. I also have not lost any weight in 3 weeks, just bounced the same 4 pounds up and down. This hasnt been terribly helpful in encouraging me to not cheat, but I have resisted.

One thing has been interesting, what with my and my study into pee and dieting Because I low carb AND because I have some surgery coming up, I cant take a lot of traditional, or commerical products to try to shift the cold, I've tried to flush it out with 6lt of water, 1lt bone broth plus the elixer of life...tea with HWC.

All of this while on a M&E fast

Despite the 8+lts of fluid, my pee is still bright buttercupyellow, and appears to not show any sign of dilution at all! This interpid resercher will continue to investigate diet and its effect on wee, and report back to y'all who are of course, just gasping to know
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning All,

Sorry for the sickies. Hope everyone gets healthly before the weekend.

I'm a little frustrated. I didn't blow it over the weekend, did well all week, maybe a little higher in calories more NKish rather than FF, but no grains and I am up 1#.

DH has talked me into trying Protein Power with him. Just basic low carb 30 or under of whatever it is I want. No crazy micros of any kind. Sounds too easy, but nothing else seems to be working. So that's next weeks plan.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Morning All,

Sorry for the sickies. Hope everyone gets healthly before the weekend.

I'm a little frustrated. I didn't blow it over the weekend, did well all week, maybe a little higher in calories more NKish rather than FF, but no grains and I am up 1#.

DH has talked me into trying Protein Power with him. Just basic low carb 30 or under of whatever it is I want. No crazy micros of any kind. Sounds too easy, but nothing else seems to be working. So that's next weeks plan.
Hey Terri.... sorry to hear about your frustration, I know that feeling all too well!! Just a thought, maybe, like me you body isn't responding to super super low carb and you might need to add some more in? I completely stopped losing weight all of a sudden, which was strange because I'd been eating 20-30 grams of carbs a day for a long time and it was working...until is wasn't! It took me ages to try it and I was really afraid that I would gain weight but it worked like a charm. I am currently eating up to 70 grams a day (some days I eat more or a little less) and no longer counting net carbs. I have lost weight steadily almost since the first day I started upping my carbs. As you know already, I'm doing Primal so they are good carbs; fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds. It's just a thought and maybe worth a try.

All the best if you decide on Protein Power..I've never heard of it and would be interested to know more about it and how it goes. Good luck

Hi all Hope you are well
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote