Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Natalia - forgot to answer you: "Joey- sorry about the fibro. Mine is secondary complications from severe perianal crohns. It burns me that they try to take away the dignity . Within 24h? Reasonable. Waiting until I have Zero so I have to pick them up in crippling pain?? Not reasonable."

No, that is NOT reasonable. It still makes me mad, and then envisioning what you went through after that. Nobody should be demeaned like that. I've put up with that all my life with this darned disease. It's hard to not keep what people taunt you with. Like being a faker, etc. etc. Amazing how one's own family members are the worst offenders. If I could start over again with a career, it would be some type of advocacy on this very topic. I hope today is a lot better for you. Hang tough. ♥
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Joey!!!!

You are the first person I have ever heard of (besides me) that uses a code when writing my weight! Lol!

And you know it is so illogical like this big secret I am overweight so I don't want photos or anyone knowing my weight and pant size. But these people aren't blind and they can see clearly that I am overweight!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I am enjoying the higher fat of M & E.

I was craving something sweet so I had some whipped cream mixed with a bit of splenda. I am not sure if its allowed but I enjoyed it anyways!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
I do SF Whip cream in a can, works for me.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DressageLover
Stats: 222/163/150, 5'10"
WOE: NK, VLC
Start Date: 1/29/99
I'm slipping in her to join you.
I've been eating lower and lower carb, aiming for 70%+ fat, nearly M&E plus some cheese, cream in coffee, small salads, and 90% dark chocolate.
I seem to be able to maintain eating that way.

Over the past two weekends I've had wine and I'm up NINE POUNDS!!
Horrible.
I know a lot of it is water retention, but seriously, the weight is there on my butt and my pants are tight. So frustrating! I'm turning to M&E for a quick recovery. Fingers crossed!

Menu today:
Sausage, scrambled eggs
chicken thighs
hard boiled egg, buddig beef packet
2 fried eggs, pork shoulder
About 1600 calories
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....

This thread just got revived. Some really great classics and different stuff too. Check it out.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Last day of eggs and chicken. Down another 1.1 today. Yay for me. I should be down tomorrow...I gave blood today lol!
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Last day of eggs and chicken. Down another 1.1 today. Yay for me. I should be down tomorrow...I gave blood today lol!
Some people will do ANYTHING
Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Hey peeps!
Was really craving pumpkin pie this morning so I tweaked an online recipe to make it LC.

5 minute pumpkin pie cup

1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
1/4 cup heavy cream
2T sweetener (I used 1T Swerve and 1T Splenda)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pinch salt
1 egg

Mix all except egg in micro safe bowl. Microwave 2 minutes uncovered at 50%. While that is heating, beat egg in small bowl.
Take out pumpkin mixture . Slowly incorporate egg while mixing pumpkin (temper if finicky)
Once blended, zap for 3 minutes on 50%, or until set in center.
Let stand 10 minutes, or refrigerate if you prefer it cold. Top with whipped cream if desired.

Makes 1 very generous serving
Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Nat, that sounds sinfully delicious! Man, you guys...I had to stop buying the Land O' Lakes sugar free whip cream in a can because I can stand at the counter, squirt a big ol' gob onto my finger, then suck it up! Over and over and over...I'm surprised I don't just stick the can squirter right into my big ol' mouth...SUCH a lunatic....LOL about you doing the weight # code, too! AS IF it would even shock anyone. Heck, we might even weigh LESS than what they are guessing. Why do we ASSuME they are guessing higher? LOL! The psyche is a VERY strange thing indeed!!

LOL, Terri - on "some people will do anything," regarding Lil's giving blood...but you DO have a point!! Now it would REALLY suck if she gained a pound! I hope not, Lil! Rooting for ya!

Well, I did ok on my first day getting back on track. It sure helps having stuff prepared and in the fridge. Then an easy dinner. I am always looking for "easy" and stuff DH will eat - for dinners. By the time he gets home from work and I'm starting dinner, is the time of day I feel like someone dumped a load of bricks on top of me. Every day. I need to be laying down by that time of day and it isn't much fun. So either I cook earlier or plan something quick and easy. Or, my personal favorite, having enough leftovers from a big pot of soup or something he'll eat. The fibro causes all this trouble for me, of course...I do manage to stay upbeat most of the time, in spite of some family not getting it and some of them being outright mean. That part is harder but I've had to do some disassociating. Very tough.

Anyway, sorry to get off on that rant....I lost 3.5 lbs overnight. Now I know most all of it was water, as I have had terrible swelling in my feet and had to take a water pill yesterday. Plus I drank enough water to float a Navy Ship!

Catching a cold! Bleah! It is still HOT here, so how the heck did that happen??!!! I am just a big whiner today, LOL. We're breaking all sorts of heat records for September, for at least three more days.

I was looking at recipes on here yesterday and found a couple good ones for custard! I've been wanting to look that up. I see a lot of people use the sugar free DaVinci syrups. Most of the recipes call for a whole cup of it! I've never used it, so I guess it's not as sweet as, say, liquid stevia. For as old as I am (59) I still have so much to learn.

Dressage! Glad to have you here. You have lost a lot, congrats to you!

Terri, thanks for the link to the other thread, will check that out.

To everybody - have a great day and hang tough. We CAN do this!!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #101
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Hi everyone. I might have posted here before but I definitely did not stick with it.

I'm rejoining again.. if it's okay with you!

I am doing a keep it simple with ground beef, steaks, eggs, high fatty cuts of chicken..etc.

The reason I didn't stick with this before is because I was torn between finishing my boxes of medifast meals and just doing steak and eggs. I lost a lot and quickly on medifast but I was starving. But I kept contemplating because I am going on vacation in 2 months and would love to lose 15-20lbs by then.

After much thinking and deliberation, I'd rather eat! :blush:
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Natalia, nice recipe. I have added it to my holiday box...will add some tweaks to it to 'fool' my finicky guests. The will never know it's low carb.

Aomiel, ARuralGirl, Joey, LilBeetle, Mae, NAF, Tashy, Terri, Everyone!

Welcome to DressageLover, HappyIsNow, Mar922. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Well, I had my first 'confrontation' incident last night about my weight loss. My neighbors crashed our cookout last night. DH was smoking our dinner on his new toy. We overheard, "what's for dinner?" over the fence. A few minutes later, they arrived in our backyard.

After the meal, the wife asked if I was on a diet. I have learned not to so quickly share about low carb because I rarely ever get a positive response. So I just said that I had made some lifestyle changes and was trimming back on things. She persisted and asked more questions until I told her that I was doing BFC (belly fat cure) and IF (intermittent fasting). Lordy, why did I do that? In short, after some back and forth comments, she went into debate mode about how low carb is a fad, not sustainable, blah, blah, blah. Her face even turned red. I really think she was trying to justify why she isn't trying to lose weight. I didn't think it was appropriate to continue the conversation. So, I just let her vent.

I doubt that I will share what I am doing again. I think some people feel comfortable around you if you are obese. As soon as you make changes for your health, etc and start losing weight, then you become a problem.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #103
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Natalia, nice recipe. I have added it to my holiday box...will add some tweaks to it to 'fool' my finicky guests. The will never know it's low carb.

Well, I had my first 'confrontation' incident last night about my weight loss. My neighbors crashed our cookout last night. DH was smoking our dinner on his new toy. We overheard, "what's for dinner?" over the fence. A few minutes later, they arrived in our backyard.

After the meal, the wife asked if I was on a diet. I have learned not to so quickly share about low carb because I rarely ever get a positive response. So I just said that I had made some lifestyle changes and was trimming back on things. She persisted and asked more questions until I told her that I was doing BFC (belly fat cure) and IF (intermittent fasting). Lordy, why did I do that? In short, after some back and forth comments, she went into debate mode about how low carb is a fad, not sustainable, blah, blah, blah. Her face even turned red. I really think she was trying to justify why she isn't trying to lose weight. I didn't think it was appropriate to continue the conversation. So, I just let her vent.

I doubt that I will share what I am doing again. I think some people feel comfortable around you if you are obese. As soon as you make changes for your health, etc and start losing weight, then you become a problem.

To be that upset about someone else's way of eating makes HER look like a hot mess. Aren't there more important things in life to be "passionate" about?

FYI, when people ask me what I'm doing, I tell them that I'm upping my protein and leave it at that. It seems to be more acceptable that way.
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

How DARE her!! She comes over, uninvited, eats your food, then puts you in a corner and has the NERVE to launch into your personal choices?!?

Shoulda said, gee you didn't have any trouble snarfing down our LC meal, did you?
PS we put up the fence for a reason!

Like the joke goes, in your best State Farm melody:
"Like a good neighbor , stay over there!"
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post

You must be looking mighty fine my friend to cause such nasty passion from your neighbor. Losing weight and getting healthy is not easy and takes character. Some people are motivated by others strengths others are threatened because they feel it points out their own weaknesses. Sounds like you could not have handled it better. Perhaps your DH should start practicing on his new toy smoking crow so you can serve it to her next time she “drops by”.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....

This thread just got revived. Some really great classics and different stuff too. Check it out.
Hey Terri, glad you're doing good, thanks for passing that on, was reading an old thread of it the other day.

Welcome DressageLover and all Newcomers! You're in a good place. Ask any regular here, or irregular one for that matter.

Karai, Aomiel, ARuralGirl, Joey, LilBeetle, NAF, Tashy, Terri, HappyIsNow, Natalia, Mar922. Hope your week goes great! I'm positive you'll all get your Woe's together and do great this month. Take care . Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
You must be looking mighty fine my friend to cause such nasty passion from your neighbor. Losing weight and getting healthy is not easy and takes character. Some people are motivated by others strengths others are threatened because they feel it points out their own weaknesses. Sounds like you could not have handled it better. Perhaps your DH should start practicing on his new toy smoking crow so you can serve it to her next time she “drops by”.
Terri, couldn't agree more. Karai, next time tell her buzz off, you don't have to put up with that, especially when they are crashing your family bbq.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
OMG...I'm melting into a puddle...94 degrees here after 2 weeks of gorgeous fall coolness. Fortunately, it's supposed to start cooling down again tomorrow.

For some reason I'm still having carb cravings but lots of changes going on in my extended family so maybe I'm seeking comfort from my food. I'm eating about 10gm of carbs per day and that from two small romaine salads and the hidden carbs in eggs, etc., but I think I'm going to do an egg fast starting tomorrow, interspersed with BPC, to see if I can't bore my taste buds to sleep.

DressageL: Wine on low carb can be a killer because it's high in sugar. Someone gave me a bottle of Cupcake (brand) Asti last Christmas and it's still sitting there unopened because I can't bring myself to down the carbs. My plan is to open it up at Thanksgiving and let others drink it.

Lil: Was that 1.1 lbs lost before or after the blood donation?

Natalia: That pumpkin pie cup sounds scrumptious! Do you know how many carbs are in it:

Joey: Yeah on the 3.5 lbs! Forget about the family that says mean things. The best revenge is losing the weight!

Karai: I'm sorry you aren't getting support from your spouse, but letting it go up and over is a good tactic. Just continue what you're doing and eventually, it will be hard for her to say anything when she sees your obvious success.

Terri, Happi, Mae and anyone I missed!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This post rocks, just like the woman who wrote it.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Here's the count I'm gettin for the whole thing (which was technically a 4 serving recipe I halved- so 2 servings.

Entire recipe-
320 calories
9g carb, 5 fiber- 4 net
9g protein

This count is based on a carb free sweetener such as liquid Splenda
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri
Some people will do ANYTHING
You're darn tooting

I was down another pound today, so it worked

Natalia - thanx for the single pumpkin reciepe. Ive been making one that has 8 servings, but my family dont like it so much and I always end up eating most of it myself.

Joey - well done on the weight loss. Hey! you're only as old as you feel and never too old to learn new things.

Happyisnow - Welcome! and yep, this WOE means gorgeous, delicious, succulent FOOD and a distinct lack of hunger.

Karai - *hugs* I have never understood why people get so angry at what we eat. I dont presume to lecture smokers, drug additcts or those having a wine or 7, so why do they feel its ok to bang on at me for a choice to knock out one food group that isnt very important nutitionally. I also skip explaining except I might say i dont eat sugar if it seems like it wont cause too much drama. Like natalia said, pretty rude neighbour. Around here we say "good fences makes for good neighbours" Yours just needs to be a bit more neighbour proof is all

Mae - hi there

Aomiel - after, but holy cow! I was so knackered after milking. I think I must have given all my reserves to the blood bank and left nothing for myself. I was in bed by 7.40pm!

So for my 3 days egg and chicken fast I lost a total of 3.2 pounds/2kg so feeling pretty pleased. This means one drink binge is gone and only one more to go. Im going to do 2-3 days induction '72 style and then do another M&E.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am enjoying the higher fat of M & E.

I was craving something sweet so I had some whipped cream mixed with a bit of splenda. I am not sure if its allowed but I enjoyed it anyways!
I'm a fan of the higher fat, too.

, btw.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hey peeps!
Was really craving pumpkin pie this morning so I tweaked an online recipe to make it LC.

5 minute pumpkin pie cup

1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
1/4 cup heavy cream
2T sweetener (I used 1T Swerve and 1T Splenda)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pinch salt
1 egg

Mix all except egg in micro safe bowl. Microwave 2 minutes uncovered at 50%. While that is heating, beat egg in small bowl.
Take out pumpkin mixture . Slowly incorporate egg while mixing pumpkin (temper if finicky)
Once blended, zap for 3 minutes on 50%, or until set in center.
Let stand 10 minutes, or refrigerate if you prefer it cold. Top with whipped cream if desired.

Makes 1 very generous serving
Natalia, you read my mind. Needed some pumpkin-y goodness!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Wow, miss a few days posting and so much happens! Where do I start?

Welcome to Mar, HappyisNow, and DressageLover.

Congrats Mae, Lil, Naf, and Tashy on your weight loss!

Aomiel, good job on not caving.

Terri, thanks for the link, will be checking these out.

Joey, great plan for restart.

Natalia, if I didn't mention it already, thanks for the fudge recipe, too.

Karai, wow--I can't believe your neighbors! You handled it well, though.

I have to admit, I've never run into rude people with my WOE. Clueless, yes, but nobody seems angry about it. Pretty much it's "whatever works for you" or maybe a comment about missing bread.

Anyway, good to catch up on all the posts. We've got a great group here!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I've been gone from lcfriends for a long time. Can some one tell me what the egg fast is please. I've been seeing people talk about M & E. I am assuming that is meat & egg. If I'm wrong please let me know. I HAVE to get back on track I'm slowly starting to put weight back on....NOT HAPPENING!! That pumpkin pie cup sounds awesome. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by mamalaw; 09-11-2013 at 10:49 AM..
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

HappyIsNow, Natalia, Terri, Mae, Aomiel, LilBeetle, ARuralGirl,thanks everyone for the supportive comments. I do appreciate it and I feel a lot better about the whole situation.

We have pretty much written off those neighbors. Who needs bad energy in their lives on purpose? No one.

LilBeetle, congrats on the weight loss! That's 3 sticks of butta gone.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
I've been gone from lcfriends for a long time. Can some one tell me what the egg fast is please. I've been seeing people talk about M & E. I am assuming that is meat & egg. If I'm wrong please let me know. I HAVE to get back on track I'm slowly starting to put weight back on....NOT HAPPENING!! That pumpkin pie cup sounds awesome. Thanks for the help.
Hi,

There are a couple of egg-type fasts that are being done. In this forum, many are doing the Meat and Egg fast where you basically eat eggs all ways and meat all ways. Some folks modify their fast with veggies and other foods. But, predominately just eating meats and eggs is the plan.

A typical menu could include:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs + Sausage or Ham or whatever kind of meat w/ coffee
Lunch: Egg salad or chicken salad, or some meat with a veggie
Dinner: Omelet with a meat, or just a big omelet.

Some folks also add fats to their meals like cooking in coconut oil, adding mayo, flax oil for salad dressing, etc.

The other fast is just an egg fast. There is another forum that provides support for it. You basically just eat eggs every kind of way.

I did M&E for several weeks. Now, I occasionally have them at a meal here and there.

Some other folks will be a long soon to share other ideas and experiences with M&E. Also, you can read the various inactive/old threads on M&E to get more information and examples of meals.

Welcome to M&E.

Happy Hump-Day!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Friends,
If I haven’t told you lately you’re a great group! It’s so nice to be part of ya!!

So I’ve been hanging with FF this week getting back on track after another excessive weekend. I’m doing well, feeling good again in my skin. I’ve been solidly implanted with Primal basics however of no grains & legumes, organics and their version of exercise. I’ve decided not to weigh in but on Fridays. That in itself has improved my general outlook immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Hi Mamalaw,
Welcome! What Karai said is pretty much the long and short of it. The most attractive thing for a lot of people is the lack of tracking and counting for the most part. A lot of us also use this as an intermittent tool between other WOEs. With this group there are no hard and fast rules, just support.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

I lost another 3 lbs. overnight! This is still my gain, and lucky for me it's coming off faster this time. Helps motivation for sure. Plus the water retention is now gone. My ankles look like human ankles now, not elephant ones. Yikes. I do not expect this loss to continue long, but hope I can drop 10 lbs. a month like some do. Please?

I can't give blood, so can't use that to lose. Bwahahaa, Lil! Love teasing you about that. I'd take it, too!!

I am eating a bit more fat and hope it makes a difference. Hard to get into that mindset, but a person has to. Trying to tweak the amount of fat and protein so as to become a mega fat-burning machine!

This bug is getting to me...arggh. Taking extra zinc and vitamins. A little, nothing overboard.

Will keep it short today. OH! But those neighbors!! OMG. This is why I won't socialize with neighbors! Who needs it. She does sound jealous. After eating your delicious food, then realizing you're looking so GOOD!!

Later & Welcome to all.

NAF, where are you buddy?!!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Karai,TerriMM,JoeyB...Thanks for the welcome and the info. its much appreciated. I've got to get things going in the right direction. I hope this helps. Busy mom and soon to be grandma but I will try to check in often.
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote