Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hi everybody--Mae, Terri, Lilbeetle (wow, very stressful week!), Tashy (surely you're feeling better by now, hope so!), Natalia (thanks for the PB fudge recipe!), Karai, Naf, Joey B, Aomiel, Ylodazy, and Natosha.

TOM is still visiting, yet I only went up one pound, then right back down. Would still like to get back down to the lowest I got on FF & MFF, 201.5, but can't complain about 203. And the whoosh could still come.

Made myself another cheeseburger casserole--that stuff seems to work so well for me. All that meat, egg, and cheesey goodness! Mae, so glad you posted that way back when!

Happy M&Eing to all this weekend!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
. . .Made myself another cheeseburger casserole--that stuff seems to work so well for me. All that meat, egg, and cheesey goodness! Mae, so glad you posted that way back when! . . .
Ruralgirl or Mae, would you mind reposting that recipe or at least posting a link to it for those of us, like myself, that missed the recipe?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

5lbs away from goal!

Morning M&Eers and low carb friends!

Just had my weigh-in about an hour ago. I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I was not 100% clean in my eating this week (there were 2 trips to a fast food place and with those trips came several servings of soda...Dr. Pepper if you are finicky about details).

So yeah, I stepped on the scale expecting the worst, but wouldn't you know... I still lost weight this week; 2lbs exactly.

That means I am now 5lbs away from my next goal. Count them people... 5! *grins from ear to ear*

My goal this week is to really buckle down on the WOE this week. Maybe do the tried and true Egg Fast to help me lose as much as possible. I'm on my feet all the time due to my job, but maybe throwing in 1 or 2 walks might help burn just a little bit more calories this week!

to all the new people to the thread. It's nice to have you aboard!

To Mae, Terri, Lilbeetle, Natalia, Karai, Tashy, Joey B, Aomiel, Ylodazy, and Natosha, I hope that September is starting off well and you are seeing much success in each of your LC WOE endeavors! Cheers!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Found the recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Ruralgirl or Mae, would you mind reposting that recipe or at least posting a link to it for those of us, like myself, that missed the recipe?

I found it... at least I think this is the right one. Mae, I hope you are okay with me re-posting it.

----------------------
Cheeseburger Casserole
1/2 lb ground beef, 1/3 c chopped onion, 2 eggs, 1/2 c mayo, bacon bits (optional)
1/4 c cream, 6 oz shredded cheddar, salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Beat eggs and mix in mayo, cream, cheese and seasoning. Put beef mixture in sprayed pie pan, pour in custard. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Let stand 10 min before cutting. Serves 3 @ 3 carbs.

Sounds good. I'll give it a try this week!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Joey,
Be careful with premade meatballs. Those little buggers are usually loaded with carbs.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
This is weird. The post goblin ate my last post! I can swear I posted comments yesterday...but not seeing them. So, here is a re-do and some.

Tashy, get better soon. And, congratulations on the new job.

Hey Terry!

Welcome to the new M&E'ers!

Mae, a loss is a loss. No gain. That is good. Those small ones add up over time. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I know...it is so strange...I am posting on a Saturday.

LilBeetle, so far, I like BFC. I just started the IF with it. And, with some tweaks, it is working well. My stomach is smaller. It is usually the last thing to go when I try to lose weight. But, it looks like the fat is shrinking around my middle. Plus, I had to put notches in my belt. I really should by a new one, but I love this one... My co-worker has been on BFC and has lost over 90 pounds, and no gut! C'mon down to the BFC anytime.

Joey, good advice on the water! I am still chugging away!

Hi ARuralGirl! The kudos goes to you for the wonderful recipe. Doncha just love when it just works?

Hey NAF, congrats on-the-way to goal! Sometimes those "slip-ups" move the scale in the right direction. Sort of like JUDDD concept thingy...Whatever, congrats! Yes it is finally September. I am so ready for the Fall. I love the holiday season...and cooler temps. Hey that cheeseburger recipe looks delish!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Quote:

Just had my weigh-in about an hour ago. I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I was not 100% clean in my eating this week (there were 2 trips to a fast food place and with those trips came several servings of soda...Dr. Pepper if you are finicky about details).

So yeah, I stepped on the scale expecting the worst, but wouldn't you know... I still lost weight this week; 2lbs exactly.

That means I am now 5lbs away from my next goal. Count them people... 5! *grins from ear to ear*

My goal this week is to really buckle down on the WOE this week. Maybe do the tried and true Egg Fast to help me lose as much as possible. I'm on my feet all the time due to my job, but maybe throwing in 1 or 2 walks might help burn just a little bit more calories this week!

To Mae, Terri, Lilbeetle, Natalia, Karai, Tashy, Joey B, Aomiel, Ylodazy, and Natosha, I hope that September is starting off well and you are seeing much success in each of your LC WOE endeavors! Cheers!

Newest Atkins Fan,
I ate gluten and sugar and lots of it yesterday for the first time since June 20.
I was not having any cravings. It was an emotional response.
I am in chronic severe pain and yesterday was the day I ran out (due for refill). They refill within 24 hours of running out.
Well not this pharmacist.
He said, you're early! I said, I'm within 24h, I run out today.
He said, you should have one pill left.
I said, I do.
He says come back tomorrow.
I said, so i need to wait until I have zero?
He says yep.
This exchange got me so mad and frustrated that I went home and just started emotionally eating.
I had a box of gushers and a bag of teddy grahams
Then I passed out for the night.

Today is a new day.
I feel very volatile today.
I hope everyone else is in a better spot than me, emotionally.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
I found it... at least I think this is the right one. Mae, I hope you are okay with me re-posting it.

----------------------
Cheeseburger Casserole
1/2 lb ground beef, 1/3 c chopped onion, 2 eggs, 1/2 c mayo, bacon bits (optional)

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Beat eggs and mix in mayo, cream, cheese and seasoning. Put beef mixture in sprayed pie pan, pour in custard. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Let stand 10 min before cutting. Serves 3 @ 3 carbs.

Congrads on your continued success NAF! You are doing terrific Thanks for reposting the recipe, I was going to ask too. Sounds yummy Mae, can't wait to try it! Thanks for the idea Aruralgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Newest Atkins Fan,
I ate gluten and sugar and lots of it yesterday for the first time since June 20.
I was not having any cravings. It was an emotional response.
I am in chronic severe pain and yesterday was the day I ran out (due for refill). They refill within 24 hours of running out.
Well not this pharmacist.
He said, you're early! I said, I'm within 24h, I run out today.
He said, you should have one pill left.
I said, I do.
He says come back tomorrow.
I said, so i need to wait until I have zero?
He says yep.
This exchange got me so mad and frustrated that I went home and just started emotionally eating.
I had a box of gushers and a bag of teddy grahams
Then I passed out for the night.

Today is a new day.
I feel very volatile today.
I hope everyone else is in a better spot than me, emotionally.
Big Natalia, sorry you're having a rough time!! Don't give that jerk anymore control over you, he's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Joey,
Be careful with premade meatballs. Those little buggers are usually loaded with carbs.
You ain't a kiddin'. It's so hard to buy healthy short cut food. It a big part of what makes dieting so hard for me.

How you doing today Tashy?
Look how close you are to 3rd goal Karai WTG!
Hey Lilbeetle & Joey
Old 09-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Good morning lovelies

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've had a pretty severe flu all week with temps and hot/cold shivvers, the works. Was my birthday on Friday and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep...not so fabulous. Well it's Sunday here now and I'm starting to feel like a human being again thank goodness.

I haven't had time to read back through all of the posts but am keen to see how everyone is going. My only good news to report is that I have now hit goal weight and I suppose something good has to come out of being so sick!!!

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi to everyone. Terri, Aruralgirl, Karai, Mae, Lilbeetle, NAF, Aomiel, Natalia all of the newcomers and the lurkers...g'day!

Happy losing everyone...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Natalia, That is horrible treatment. That really burns me up, big time. I hate pharmacists who try to act like they are so superior. I had one that would not give me my post-op pain meds once!!! She was on a god trip of some sort. Got it fixed but it was rough. I'm sorry you had to be demeaned like that. I am a fellow chronic pain patient and know those discriminatory people! I am sorry...I hope it is better now. If there has to be a next time, I do hope you can go to a better pharmacy.

Aomiel, on the meatballs, I did mean that I will just make up my own at home! I just say NO to prepackaged as much as I can!! Thanks for lookin' after me, though. We all need all the help we can get!!

OOH! That Cheeseburger Cassorle sounds lovely. I'll be trying that as well! Maybe reduce onions and bacon bits for less carbs. I was checking at the store yesterday, most of the bacon bits have 1 carb per tablespoon. Not too bad, I guess...I just hadn't realized it. I have started having my reading glasses readily available whilie shopping...I have to read labels better. Doesn't help if you can't see the label...LOL.

Since I didn't copy posts, I cannot remember another thing. Fibro and sleep deprivation do not help! I'm sure that alone sabotages speed of weight loss. Being up most of the night is crazy.

The grandkids are here this weekend (as they are every other wk-end since school started) and I need one more day to prepare anyway, so it looks like Monday and I'm back with you all. I am really sorry I got off track. But the whole six months can't be a loss this quickly. I am still hoping for improved numbers in about 6 weeks when I have my Doc appointment.

Later! Hope you're all having fun weekends!!
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:

----------------------
Cheeseburger Casserole

Naf, no problem. Glad everyone liked it. It was a mix of something I came up with and another I had found on the net, could have been this forum, Don't recall. I like putting different spices in each time and different cheeses. Good with ground pork or sausage also. Enjoy it. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Good morning lovelies

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've had a pretty severe flu all week with temps and hot/cold shivvers, the works. Was my birthday on Friday and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep...not so fabulous. Well it's Sunday here now and I'm starting to feel like a human being again thank goodness.

I haven't had time to read back through all of the posts but am keen to see how everyone is going. My only good news to report is that I have now hit goal weight and I suppose something good has to come out of being so sick!!!

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi to everyone. Terri, Joey, Natosha, Aruralgirl, Karai, Mae, Lilbeetle, NAF, Aomiel, Natalia all of the newcomers and the lurkers...g'day!

Happy losing everyone...
to tashy. Hope you get better soon and belated and also congrats on your getting to goal weight

Quick to All: Arraugirl, Lil, Naf, Aomiel Natalia, Terri (thanks for those kind words Terri), Karai and welcome to Newcomers and lurkers (like Tash mentioned. lol) Do read the posts even when I don't comment a lot. Big hugs to everyone here, hope you all lose lots this month and that life is treating you well. Take care. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 09-07-2013 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Go you! As I'm fond of telling others, hey it's downwards! And as Terri so sweetly reminded me too, down is down. So we all celebrate that. Great going Naf! I'll be doing an Egg Fast these next few days, so company if you want it. Mae
Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi all.

I have a confession to make As I mentioned, last week i had a few drinks after a stressful moment, and as normal that made me retain some water - pretty standard for me. However last night hubby took me out for dinner. I had a couple of gins and now I have an additional retention on top of the last one I hadnt really shifted off yet.

So this week is knuckling down and working hard. I my 40th is in 30 days and I've got that many days to reach my full goal. In order to do that, Im going for fast and dirty, using all the tricks ive learnt, and cross my fingers they work for me.

Today is egg day. All im getting is eggs, with enough fat to make them palatable.
B: 2 eggs fried in butter
3 boiled eggs mashed with 2T mayo
D:2-3 fried eggs - havent decided on volume.

tomorrow is the same with maybe some chicken breast if I can be bothered. I always have good losses on those two menu plans.

naf - jolly well done! I was wondering....you've never had your stats in your profile. What is your starting and end goal weights if I can enquire? Also, thanx for posting the casserole reciepe. its on my list of 'things to make that I havent gotten around to yet'

Ruralgirl - I hear you at wanting to get back to the lowest. Why cant it just stay that way??

Karai - thanx for posting on a saturday when you prolly had beeter things to do and thanx for your kind words. it WAS stressful!

natalia - I am so sorry. Some people are just armholes for the sake of being armholes IMO. I hope your feeling better

Tashy - Oh you poor thing, but hey hey! A loss! Good health and joy germs are on their way

Joey - theres a thread on the forum somewhere with 101 ways to make unbugers. I wonder if some of those could be adapted for meatballs?

Mae - thanx you for taking the time to reply to us all. I always get a boost when i see you've posted.

Aomiel, Ylodazy, and Natosha - my computer is old, so if you posted on the previous page, Im not ignoring you, I just cant see it Hope youre doing well. And hi ya to anyone I missed, plus newbies and lurkers

I had a look at the belly fat cure thread, but at the moment with my focus on getting the alcohol damage GONE, I'll stick to M&E, heavy on the E.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday All

Just wishing all of my sweet buddies and fella losers (that's when it is nice to be called a loser) a wonderful day. Happy Sunday, enjoy the day. I'll catch up with you all later today. Got some writing to do today and work on my author's website. Lil, you can do this! Top of the morning to you all. Mae
Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone...

I'm struggling this morning. Well, ok, last night too. Can I whine for a minute. Maybe it will help me move on. <sigh>

My husband and I had plans to go to a rodeo last night...tickets already bought. Then my dil asked him if he'd help move furniture in the morning (was cleaning out her mother's apartment). I told her he had to be on his way home by 3 p.m. and she said he'd be out of there by noon as they only had 4 things they needed his help on. At 3p.m. I called to see if he was on his way home...and he was.

Keeping in mind that this meant he'd be home by 4 with enough time to shower, eat dinner and drive over an hour to the rodeo...he walks in the door and sits at the computer for an hour saying he has to rest. Ok...I'm already ready and took the time to look especially nice (makeup, jewelry, hair...the works) because it was 'date night'. Finally at 5, he heads into the bathroom to shave and shower and takes 45 minutes.

At this point, I figure we can just stay in town and just see a movie since *maybe* we'd get there on time (probably not because of the traffic around town due to the whole 'frontier days') and would come in late. Something he should know (after 23 years of marriage) I *hate* and will ruin my enjoyment of the whole rodeo...but he insists on the rodeo. I simmered for about 5 minutes into the drive and then told him I would rather stay in town and do something else rather than arrive late and feel rushed. He copped an attitude as if it was all my fault so I told him to take me home. He did...and I took the car keys and just went out for a drive. If you're still reading, hang in there...I'm almost done.

Talk about dropping back into old habits! I sooooo wanted to head off to the nearest fast food place and kick back a double whopper fries and coke. Then repeat at the next fast food place. I know...why would I punish myself? I didn't...but I find I feel the same this morning. It didn't help that he didn't 'get' why I was so upset (even when told) and was able to go to bed and sleep without any twinge of conscience. I, on the other hand, didn't sleep well at all. Nothing has changed this morning and I am having to fight this compulsion to head off to IHOP. I realize it's that "if I can't feel the love from my husband, I'll get it from my food" but knowing that doesn't lessen this compulsion for the food.

Ok...time to pull up the big girl pants and move on...and if my husband is lucky, I'll talk to him before noon.

Tashy: ... ok...belated.

Lilb: I may join you on all eggs today just because I'm still tempted to go eat bad for me things and I find an all egg fast just knocks the desire to eat right out of me.

Joey: Glad I didn't offend with the 'meatballs' and glad to hear you make your own. Besides...they taste much better than those store bought 'things' which have little resemblance to meat IMHO.

NAF: Yeah on the 2 lb loss!

<waving to everyone else> Hope you all have a successful day!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Melody , I'm so sorry to hear that
When our eating cleans up, and the comfort carbs aren't our crutch anymore , it's so obvious that we ate our emotions! I had a similar experience except I folded and ate

Tashy- hope that flu is behind you now!

Terri- I hear you on the grab n go things. Have you ever tried OAMC? When all else fails, rotisserie chic and bagged salad works! I always hated pre made meatballs anyway.

Joey- sorry about the fibro. Mine is secondary complications from severe perianal crohns. It burns me that they try to take away the dignity . Within 24h? Reasonable. Waiting until I have Zero so I have to pick them up in crippling pain?? Not reasonable.

Mae- your casserole looks yummy!!! I'd love to get some new TnT recipes for my rotation.

Lilbeetle- sometimes a few glasses of liquor are just what a girl needs!!

Karai- maybe I should look into your plan! I have an apple shape. Like a meatball on 2 spaghetti strands for legs. Pants are a nightmare.

Everyone else, howdy!!! Not good at this format, hopefully I will improve!

Last edited by Natalia; 09-08-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Terri- I hear you on the grab n go things. Have you ever tried OAMC? When all else fails, rotisserie chic and bagged salad works! I always hated pre made meatballs anyway.
One of my all time favorite too! And rotisserie chic make great leftovers. Whats OAMC?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
YAS!!!!!!

Down 1.1 already. Just another 5 to go and I'll be back to where I was 2 weeks ago.

Aomiel - i get it. i really do. I HATE it when I feel my H is being inconsiderate, and it is so hards at times to tell him in a way that is respectful, yet still gets my point across. Well, at least makes me feel heard. I've been on a relationship forum like this one for about 5 years and sometimes I think what i learn there is the only reason we're still married LOL! *hugs*

natalia - I know, I just get a bit bummed sometimes that THAT has to be my stall item. I can eat cheese, and sweetner and all those other things I hear others complain about until the cows come home. But a wee drop of high octane and BAM! instant gain.

Hope y'all enjoying your sunday. its a bright and sunny Monday here. Done my nursing this morning and off to milk the cows in a couple of hours. Good thing - Im nearly out of milk!

Oh BTW I keep meaning to say everyone... just call me Lil. Its easier to type, and is actually my user name online
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post

. . .naf - jolly well done! I was wondering....you've never had your stats in your profile. What is your starting and end goal weights if I can enquire? Also, thanx for posting the casserole reciepe. its on my list of 'things to make that I havent gotten around to yet'. . .

lil- you asked so the least I can do is try to answer. To be honest, I have no idea what my starting weight was when I started LC/Atkins back in April. I did not buy a scale until June. To that end, a main reason why i haven't posted stats is b/c... well... I'm ashamed and disgusted by the numbers. Granted, I have come a long way and I am heading down the right path and yes, I even understand the argument that the scale numbers make the posts more 'inspiring' and 'have more of an impact', but just not really too keen on the idea of sharing the numbers, not just yet anyway.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
lil- you asked so the least I can do is try to answer. To be honest, I have no idea what my starting weight was when I started LC/Atkins back in April. I did not buy a scale until June. To that end, a main reason why i haven't posted stats is b/c... well... I'm ashamed and disgusted by the numbers. Granted, I have come a long way and I am heading down the right path and yes, I even understand the argument that the scale numbers make the posts more 'inspiring' and 'have more of an impact', but just not really too keen on the idea of sharing the numbers, not just yet anyway.
NAF- we are your cheerleaders and I can't wait until you reveal your stats!
Everyone think their own numbers are horrific and disgusting, but aren't hard on anyone else. We are our own worst critics.
And, we don't even know you IRL!! That's why I don't give a hoot about revealing my numbers. I sure wouldn't want friends & fam to know my numbers.

Terri- OAMC is once a month cooking. It, or some variation of it, could be a great strategy for people who are tempted to grab something on the fly or have limited time through the week. It's also a money saver bc you can make 2-4 batches of dishes so no specialty ingredients go to waste.
Works well for busy families who may only have meal prep time on a weekend afternoon , for example .
Even something like cooking double your meat and freezing the cooked meat in a ziplock saves time, energy and cleanup.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am gonna join you on this thread too I normally post in stills becauseI do stills and dukan... (which is Dukan I guess but in my opinion Dukan took his idea from stills!) I think stills is pretty close to M and E but I am not really sure what that is. I found still doing a google search for M and E and it brought be to LCF and I read a thread about M and E which someone said was like the Stills and here I am a few years later and 25 lbs lighter!

If M and E is very different from stills let me know but I think we are all eating only protein, M and E is just higher fat?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am gonna join you on this thread too I normally post in stills becauseI do stills and dukan... (which is Dukan I guess but in my opinion Dukan took his idea from stills!) I think stills is pretty close to M and E but I am not really sure what that is. I found still doing a google search for M and E and it brought be to LCF and I read a thread about M and E which someone said was like the Stills and here I am a few years later and 25 lbs lighter!

If M and E is very different from stills let me know but I think we are all eating only protein, M and E is just higher fat?
Hey Mar922, you're in the right place, lol. I post in stills forum too, saw you there, we posted hi's. lol. I'm mostly M/E, use Atkins/Stills for guidelines, mix it all up to suit LC my way. Meat and Eggs, yeps higher fat content, but it's your own spin on it also. Sometimes higher fat doesn't work for everyone, or they don't like say may but will eat butter. It's what works for you, like any woe. Read some of the past posts and you'll see. Good luck with it. Mae
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NAF- we are your cheerleaders and I can't wait until you reveal your stats!
Everyone think their own numbers are horrific and disgusting, but aren't hard on anyone else. We are our own worst critics.
And, we don't even know you IRL!! That's why I don't give a hoot about revealing my numbers. I sure wouldn't want friends & fam to know my numbers.

Terri- OAMC is once a month cooking. It, or some variation of it, could be a great strategy for people who are tempted to grab something on the fly or have limited time through the week. It's also a money saver bc you can make 2-4 batches of dishes so no specialty ingredients go to waste.
Works well for busy families who may only have meal prep time on a weekend afternoon , for example .
Even something like cooking double your meat and freezing the cooked meat in a ziplock saves time, energy and cleanup.
What she said NAF. lol. Hi Everyone, hope ya'll had a tremendously good weekend. Got off a little myself, but back on today. Weekend pleasant, got to spend time with family. Take care and happy losing all.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
YAS!!!!!!

Down 1.1 already. Just another 5 to go and I'll be back to where I was 2 weeks ago.

Aomiel - i get it. i really do. I HATE it when I feel my H is being inconsiderate, and it is so hards at times to tell him in a way that is respectful, yet still gets my point across. Well, at least makes me feel heard. I've been on a relationship forum like this one for about 5 years and sometimes I think what i learn there is the only reason we're still married LOL! *hugs*

natalia - I know, I just get a bit bummed sometimes that THAT has to be my stall item. I can eat cheese, and sweetner and all those other things I hear others complain about until the cows come home. But a wee drop of high octane and BAM! instant gain.

Hope y'all enjoying your sunday. its a bright and sunny Monday here. Done my nursing this morning and off to milk the cows in a couple of hours. Good thing - Im nearly out of milk!

Oh BTW I keep meaning to say everyone... just call me Lil. Its easier to type, and is actually my user name online
Well I've been calling you that all along,
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hey Mar922, you're in the right place, lol. I post in stills forum too, saw you there, we posted hi's. lol. I'm mostly M/E, use Atkins/Stills for guidelines, mix it all up to suit LC my way. Meat and Eggs, yeps higher fat content, but it's your own spin on it also. Sometimes higher fat doesn't work for everyone, or they don't like say may but will eat butter. It's what works for you, like any woe. Read some of the past posts and you'll see. Good luck with it. Mae
I read all of september and will go into august and read some of those too! You seem like such awesome ppl that I couldn't not post here!

I usually eat a bit higher fat then stills says anyways so I will stick with that.

I made some ham and egg muffins for breakfast all week because I like to grab something I can eat when I get hungry while I am in class (also my BF forgets he has to drive me to school sometimes and I have no time to make anything) and then I will have tuna and mayo for lunch tomorrow and steak for dinner... very excited for my all protein tomorrow!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah...Monday morning and I made it through an emotionally trying weekend without caving! I decided after I wrote my last post that I was going to just be up front with my husband since I'm not into playing games...and besides why should he get a good morning by me not talking to him. Anyway, we talked and he apologized (sincerely) and we've moved forward...and really, that's all I wanted was an acknowledgement from him that he realized he was being inconsiderate.

NAF: You only have to share what you're comfortable sharing. When/if you're ready to share those numbers, nobody here will judge you. We'll still be here cheering you on and kicking your butt when you need it.

Mar: Welcome to the list. I'm not familiar with Stillmans (have a vague recollection from decades ago), but I think Dukan is similar to Atkins, only maybe higher carb and lower fat?

Lil: Congrats on the 1.1 lbs! Progress is such a motivator, eh? Btw...love your avatar. I nicknamed my granddaughter 'LadyBug' which, a year and a half later, is now JuliBug, but ladybugs are now her 'signature' and oh my does she have the lady 'stuff'.

Terri: Rotisserie chicken is always my favorite standby. I'll usually take the carcass, skins and fat (and use hot water to rinse out the juices in the bottom of the container) and put it in a pan with a quartered onion (skin on) and bay leaf and cover with water and simmer with a lid for about an hour. Yummy broth.

Joey: Taco salads are another 'casserole' type idea. I'll brown up some ground beef with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and then put it over some cut up romaine, top with about an ounce of shredded cheese and 2 Tbs of sour cream. Sprinkle with some Frank's hot sauce and it's a wonderful comfort food!

Mae, Aura, Natalia, Tashy, Karai...<waving>...hope things are going well with you all.

It's a rainy day here in the neighborhood...typical fall in Michigan...but I love it! Think I'll go and find some trouble to get into.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I get it I learned to do that with HCG (since the portions are strictly regulated), I'd make a full or double recipe and freeze the rest in perfect portions. They make great grab & goes. DH likes taking them (esspecially the chili) when he goes on the road for or during the day for lunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Terri: Rotisserie chicken is always my favorite standby. I'll usually take the carcass, skins and fat (and use hot water to rinse out the juices in the bottom of the container) and put it in a pan with a quartered onion (skin on) and bay leaf and cover with water and simmer with a lid for about an hour. Yummy broth.
Yummy idea, thanks!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo Tash!!!! WTG on goal!!

Good Morning Mae, Lil, Joey, Melody, NAF, Natalia!

Welcome Mar922!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Off and running on the RESTART.

I did gain 6 or 7 lbs. back, and it has been two weeks, not just one...I think I said one earlier on...Anyway, back on track. No goals yet, just survival and no cheating, straying, or whatever we want to call it!!

Not 100% M & E as I'd like, but that's ok for this week. I found too many fresh veggies I HAD to use up. Two large cauliflower heads and a big bunch of zucchini. So I made up my mashed cauliflower. I used to eat it for breakfast! My husband even likes it. I wish he'd join me 100%. He likes all the LC stuff I fix so far! Trying to get him to give up sugar. Then I will steam the zuccs today.

So, I'm keeping as LC as possible, will be doing M & E with a serving of each veggie per day I guess. Hoping to keep carbs 10 or under.

NAF, there is NO WAY I'd post my stats anywhere but here. I won't even write it down in my notebook here at home!!! I use a "code" so nobody but me knows what it is. Like they can't guess by just looking at me, but that's how sensitive it is. WE UNDERSTAND!! I was embarassed to put the stats here, big time, but since that is what this place is for, I just did it. Fast. So I wouldn't chicken out. LOL. You do what you're comfy with. We'll support you anyway, all the way!

Aomiel, thanks for the taco tip. I write ALL these great ideas and recipes down. Except the FUDGE one...I cannot do it!! I will eat it all...in one day! SIGH! Glad you worked things out with the DH. It's terrible how we women can suffer and they just sleep like logs! Glad he apologized. Sounds like a good guy!! It just takes them longer to figure it out! Arggh! LOL.

Mar, glad to have you with us! I was really happy also to find this especially friendly thread. I already love these down to earth, super nice people! We can do this!!

I am already feeling better about the restart just by being here. I was fretting earlier that I wasn't sure I could stick with it even for today. Now I can! Thanks to all of you.

Terri, thank you for the kind words, as well!

Those darned meatballs. LOL. I shouldn't have even called them meatballs. Because all I meant was I was going to make hamburger balls. Just plain! But maybe additions is a great idea. At least it's versatile, and easy!

Lil! Ya done good!! I know I can't have any alcohol. A little wine would be nice sometimes, but I just gave it all up, as it raises the BP and I can't do that. So I gave it up a long time ago. Tried to have some New year's eve and no go. I could feel it raising BP and mine's already too high. Going down the longer I stick on LC, though. Gradually.

Mae, I'm glad to be a loser along with you and all the others! Had to LOL at that, cute one!!

To anyone I missed, glad to be here with you, too!

Now let's go on to have our own version of biggest loser this week, ok? I was happy losing ONE pound a week, until even that stopped for weeks on end. The dreaded STALL. And I didn't handle it very well at all. Well, going forward now and not looking back.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote