Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Oops, forgot to say hi to you, too, Natosha.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello All and a special welcome to the newcomers to the board.

I lost 7.6lbs in August thanks to M&E and I am looking forward to reaching my next mini-goal before the end of September.

A big thanks goes out to Mae, tashydoll, TerriMM, RuralGirl, lilbeetle, and Gator. Your feedback and posts last month really kept me going.

Happy Losing Everyone!
Great on the loss, NAF, and thank you kindly. May you have much more losses this month too. Glad we could help. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Its ok Mae, its September here now.

its also the first day of Spring for us. yesterday I was sitting in the sunshine in SHORTS! This was pretty amazing, one because its really early over here to be warm enough for that, and two, because the last time i wore those shorts I had circulation issues. Yesterday, I got my kicks out of pulling them on and off with out undoing the buttons.

its ok. I was home alone
WOOT WOOT for you, LIL!! I actually went out with my daughter to a clothing store we go to here (Lane Bryant, big sale) and I got into 16's today. When I started back LCing I was wearing 22-24s. And dang, though the jiggles are there, it was nice to see those dropped sizes. So know how ya feel.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
to MaryN, itsmeshelly, and Ylodazy!

And hello to Mae, tashy, Terri, Natalia, lilbeetle, Karai, April, opgirl, Naf, and anybody else who might be lurking.

Congrats to all the shrinking people--great job on the weight loss! Mae, great goals for the next six weeks. That really motivates me! Karai, thanks for posting your tweaks to the pie recipe. Think I'm going to have to give these a try.
HEY Karai & Aruaralgirl, Mind posting that pie and tweaks again? Thanka Aruarl. Good luck on your woe, Kara, proud of you. Bet your company enjoyed those pies.

Quick hi and welcome to the newbies and regulars like Terri, Nat, Lil, April, Naff and all the other lurkers. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and good luck on woes and weight losses.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Hey guys and dolls!

I have a confession. Yesterday, I made LC peanut butter fudge (sugar free Sheila). Now, I have a problem with portion control but dh is LC too and loves fudge. Problem is. He didn't like this fudge. And I loved it. I ate almost the whole pan yesterday.
And the last of it today. Aside from all those extra calories, I was OP the rest of the time, which I am proud of, as I used to have the black and white thinking.

I will face the music and hop on the scale tomorrow.
It's episodes like these that remind me a) I'm always going to have bingeing and portion control issues and b) I CAN remain on plan and be successful despite periodic bumps in the road. Quitting after a binge makes as much sense as breaking all your car windows because you need new brakes.
Hope everyone had a great day, and fellow Canadians-- enjoy your long weekend/Labor Day tomorrow!!
Do you Americans have a stat this weekend?
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hey guys and dolls!

I have a confession. Yesterday, I made LC peanut butter fudge (sugar free Sheila). Now, I have a problem with portion control but dh is LC too and loves fudge. Problem is. He didn't like this fudge. And I loved it. I ate almost the whole pan yesterday. . .
Mind sharing your LC peanut butter fudge recipe with us, Natalia?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ylodazy
WOE: No Sugar, No Starch
Start Date: August 13 2013
Love this

Quitting after a binge makes as much sense as breaking all your car windows because you need new brakes.
Ylodazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Sure, Newest Atkins Fan:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Description: Almost as good as the real thing!!!! Beware! It's hard to eat just one piece.
Ingredients: 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of granular Splenda
2 scoops of vanilla flavored Protein Designer Whey Powder

How To Prepare: Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 1 min. Remove and stir in the cream cheese until completely dissolved. Stir in the Splenda and then stir in the Designer Whey Powder. Grease a 6 1/2 inch square container (I used a 1 quart corning ware cassarole dish. Line with wax paper. Pour in the dish. Put in the refrigerater until cool. To speed up this process place in the freezer until cool. Cut it into 20 - 1 inch square pieces.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2.2 per piece when cut into 20 pieces

Natalia's notes: I made this in a loaf pan lined with parchment. I used 1/4 cup powdered E and 1/2 cup equivalent of Splenda drops. Was sufficiently sweet with no aftertaste. I also used half almond butter and half pb.

Using Splenda drops gets each piece to 1 carb.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Cream cheese pie

Hi Mae. Here is the cream cheese pie (same as the cream cheese muffin recipe):

--2 bricks of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
--2 eggs
--1/2 cup of granular Splenda
--1 t. vanilla extract
--1 t. orange extract (my tweak, but it's not necessary)

Soften cream cheese for approximately 40 seconds in microwave. Stir in other ingredients and beat with a mixer until smooth. Pour into a buttered pie plate and bake at 350 until set--anywhere from 20 - 25 minutes, maybe a bit longer depending on your oven.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

And here are the tweaks Karai sent me:

Aruralgirl, I made 2 of the pies last night. They came out beautifully. Here are my twists:
I added to the recipe, 1 cup of frozen no-sugar-added strawberries, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 block of cream cheese (3 blocks total). I then blind baked some almond meal, granular splenda and butter in a pie pan, let cool. Then, added the cream cheese mixture to the pie pans and baked per your instructions. They each took about 40 minutes to get done. I let them cool and then popped one in the frig for my guests to eat for dessert on Friday.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Hi everyone...just dropping in to see how everyone is going...any good stuff to report??

I'm sick (of course of I am, because I just started a new contract job on Monday; I hate you Murphy's Law ) so I've dropped 2.2lbs without trying. When I'm feeling better I'll do a day or two of M&E with everyone.

Happy losing everyone...
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Hi all,
I have been so much HAPPIER, AND STRESS FREE .. yeah lol

my weight has been low and my clothese are super loose lol like i lost an inch lol and my skin so much smoother and glows lol

plus best of all i'm eating like near 2600+ calories a day unlimited fat

my highest of butter 12tblspoons and having avocado and heavy cream lol
with my protein dishes lol but man i feel so satisfied no more fears of weight gain since i'm losing I feel lighter and just can't stop smiling..

Guess its true that everyone does have different needs.. when i eat under 2000 i gain. or eat too much lean food i stall and just gain muscle from all protein so feel heavier.. but when i make my dishes 80%+ fat I get skinnier lol haha

go figure right lol

Hope everyones labor day was great and that today be as great as well
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
And here are the tweaks Karai sent me:

Aruralgirl, I made 2 of the pies last night. They came out beautifully. Here are my twists:
I added to the recipe, 1 cup of frozen no-sugar-added strawberries, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 block of cream cheese (3 blocks total). I then blind baked some almond meal, granular splenda and butter in a pie pan, let cool. Then, added the cream cheese mixture to the pie pans and baked per your instructions. They each took about 40 minutes to get done. I let them cool and then popped one in the frig for my guests to eat for dessert on Friday.
Here is an update on the pie. My guests loved it. I added some whipped HC and N-S-A strawberries to the top of each slice. I waited until they finished eating their slices before I told them that it was a low carb recipe! In between bites, I heard, "this is delicious", "so light, but so delicious", "what is the recipe?", "what kind of crust is this...it's very rich", "is there more?" . The main foodie asked for the recipe. You know, the one that does everything right in the family...yeah, that one. She asked for the recipe. Wow, I was so honored. I had the recipe prepared and ready to go... Thanks Aruralgirl. That recipe is a keeper.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Good morning all!

Now that someone convinced me to read up on why 'needing' vegies is a myth, along with needing grains, fruits, etc. for complete nutrition, I'm pretty much M&E every day. If I get the urge for fresh green beans or salad (the only type of non-starchy vegies I really like), I'll have them, but most days I am content with just my M&E.

Except for yesterday. Fall weather came in fast and I started craving the comfort foods (i.e. carby or thick stews), so I ended up making a small (like 2 bowls) batch of soup with homemade chicken broth, ready made cole slaw mix, tofu and toasted sesame seed oil. Yummy...was just what I needed.

Today, I'm back to my usual M&E.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
I just spent about a week reading threads. Beginning with Dr. Atkins 1972 and ending up here. Starting year was 2006! Now I have to say I did not read every single post, but most of them. That was a lot of reading!

I first did Atkins back in the late 1970's after having my first baby. Have been on & off many varied types of weight loss programs since. Or none, and just gobbling down carbs like crazy. And gaining weight like crazy to match...gaaah. A vicious, lifetime cycle.

In Feb. of this year, I hit a new and very frightening number on the scale: 250. It was like being smacked on the side of the head with a 2 x 4. So, I picked myself up, dusted off, threw away the nasty, filthy, stinking cigarettes, and went on Atkins. First week was great. Lost some 9 lbs. After that, the next 6 months I spent basically maintaining, although I did lose 13 more lbs.

I have to say I'm not real impressed with "A New Atkins For a New You," book. I have to say it's great for maintenance, at least for me, but not for loss. Except very slowly. I need a lot less carbs in order to lose.

I am going to restart, as I got off track about a week ago. I'm sure I've gained, no doubts. So reading all these threads was just what I needed to do. I am going to restart by going on M&E - to dump off the "bad" from all I've eaten/gained, and to get a good loss going. I was pretty discouraged week after week with no progress. Although I was glad that this is a good WOE for life, and my health improved a lot. I have fibromyalgia, and eating carbs makes it so much worse. I had no idea of that all these years! Plus I'm pushing upon the back door of age 60 pretty hard! I have felt so much better and healthier overall since doing LC.

So it's time to regroup and get moving again in the right direction!

It has been fun to see new ones start up and have success! Sad to have seen some just disappear and you wonder whatever happened to them...Meanwhile, the rest of us can keep plodding along. I love the support and cameraderie in this special group.

So, thanks for letting me give my story and to join in the group! I'm looking forward to it a lot!
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Sorry ive been AWOL guys - it has been the most HORENDOUS week for me. It started with my email account getting hacked, and that lead to my upcoming trip to Thailand getting cancelled and rescheduled, all while sitting my final exams for the semster.

Can you say stress??

I was EXTRODINARY well behaved tho. I have a couple of bourbons and coke zero and 5 potato chips. I counted them Of course I gained 5 pounds from them and I'd like to know how.....

Anyhoo, Naf - WTG! you're awesome!
Mae - gotta love those smaller clothing sizes!
Tashy - get well soon!
Natosha - good for you, finding something that works and makes you happy.
Natalia - it was an act of public service eating all the fudge. really. You saved your family from an overload
Aomiel - yes, learning about 'essential' veges helped me a lot with M&E. i stopped feeling guilty about not eating them. Now i eat more, but am perfectly happy to do a M&E fast for a few days without freting.

Ylodazy, Karai, JoeyB, Ruralgirl, Hello!

I am just off a M&E and back to primal. Its so weird the difference in my urine those 2 diets make. M&E is very concentrated looking no matter how much I drink and primal is almost colourless even if Im dehydrated. If nothing else i have learnt a lot about pee since starting this low carb journey
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hi All!
I pretty much moved to Primal today, although mainly M&Eish I've had some berries, tomatoes and salad. My main focuses this week are:
As organic and whole food as possible
No grains, sugar or legumes
Light exercise everyday

I’m only weighing in on Friday’s and I may be flirting with death, but I’m not counting anything.

I’m feeling really good! I haven’t finished the book yet, so I have a lot more to learn. But this just feels right. I made my own mayo this weekend and did a lot of “organic” stocking up. Yesterday I did do a M&E to get back on my feet after a far to indulgent weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week. Congrads on all the successes. And for those of you sitting on the “too many indulgences bench” with me, may the whoosh fairy take pity on us all.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Tashydoll, good luck on the new gig. And, I hope you feel better.

Hey Lilbeetle, LOL about the pee! I hope things settle out so you can take your trip in peace.

Hi Terri, good success to you and LilBeetle on primal. I just started IF today with BFC. So far so good.

Last edited by Karai; 09-05-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Tashydoll, good luck on the new gig. And, I hope you feel better.

Hey Lilbeetle, LOL about the pee! I hope things settle out so you can take your trip in peace.

Hi Terri, good success to you and LilBeetle on primal. I just started IF today with BFC. So far so good.
Morning Karai,
Primal advocates IF too, but haven't gotten my head there yet, aside from maybe some accidental IF on the weekends. Let us know how it goes. What's BFC? Great Luck!!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Morning Karai,
Primal advocates IF too, but haven't gotten my head there yet, aside from maybe some accidental IF on the weekends. Let us know how it goes. What's BFC? Great Luck!!
BFC = belly fat cure. It's a carb swap plan where you keep your daily servings of sugar (in food) to 15 grams and carb servings to 6. The goal of the plan is to get rid of the fat around the middle (belly) first, and then continue to shrink your overall body fat by keeping your insulin level stable. L/C plans can do this too. But, I like BFC because I can eat some 'good' carbs and still lose weight...especially that gut weight.

You are welcomed to check out what I'm doing on BFC here: BELLY FAT CURE

Will do with updates on IF! So far I think I may be able to make the 18 hour fast today. I have a couple more hours until the IF window closes. Yay!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
BFC = belly fat cure. It's a carb swap plan where you keep your daily servings of sugar (in food) to 15 grams and carb servings to 6. The goal of the plan is to get rid of the fat around the middle (belly) first, and then continue to shrink your overall body fat by keeping your insulin level stable. L/C plans can do this too. But, I like BFC because I can eat some 'good' carbs and still lose weight...especially that gut weight.

You are welcomed to check out what I'm doing on BFC here: BELLY FAT CURE

Will do with updates on IF! So far I think I may be able to make the 18 hour fast today. I have a couple more hours until the IF window closes. Yay!
I've seen that and wanted to check it out. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hope you get better Tashy Hate Murphy's Lawyers er Law too. Good luck on the new work, still looking myself.

Thanks AruralGirl for the pie/muffin recipe, and you too Karai for the additions!
TY to Natalia for the fudge recipe too.

Welcome to all newcomers and returnees.

Big to all my buddies here (so many names, lol, so just a general hi to special people). Welcome and Hello! Ylodazy and JoeyB

Good luck on the woe change, Terry. Natosha, glad you found what works for you. Congrats Naf!

Lil, so hope this coming week and weekend are not as stressful for you. Stress freks up our weight loss doesn't it.

Aomiel, you'll do great, glad you're doing what works for you.

Down only .4 this week, but I'll take it, inflammation and bloating finally easing off so next week should drop better. Hope you all have a wonderful week and upcoming weekend. Mae
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hope you get better Tashy Hate Murphy's Lawyers er Law too. Good luck on the new work, still looking myself.

Thanks AruralGirl for the pie/muffin recipe, and you too Karai for the additions!
TY to Natalia for the fudge recipe too.

Welcome to all newcomers and returnees.

Big to all my buddies here (so many names, lol, so just a general hi to special people). Welcome and Hello! Ylodazy and JoeyB

Good luck on the woe change, Terry. Natosha, glad you found what works for you. Congrats Naf!

Lil, so hope this coming week and weekend are not as stressful for you. Stress freks up our weight loss doesn't it.

Aomiel, you'll do great, glad you're doing what works for you.

Down only .4 this week, but I'll take it, inflammation and bloating finally easing off so next week should drop better. Hope you all have a wonderful week and upcoming weekend. Mae
Down is down Mae. As hard as it is to accept, sometimes your body needs a rest in between releases to catch up with itself. I like to think of it as solidifying my loss. Somehow that makes me feel better.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

I'm still regrouping a bit. Will shop tomorrow and make sure I have a good supply in for next week. I'm more than ready to get back to it. After 6 months it really did become a way of life and I commit to absolutely NO MORE cheat days of any type for any reason.

I am also one who has a lot of trouble controlling binge type eating at times. Like Natalia and the fudge! So, I have a list of the stuff I had already given up from Low Carb. I added a bunch more to it.

Firstly, I am so glad to have quit smoking. I did Atkins at the same time, as I knew I'd gain, and I'd already reached an all-time high. I stayed busy and stayed online. A LOT. But I did not smoke. Not once. I wish I could do this eating thing as successfully! Maybe I'm too hard on myself, as 22 lbs. is indeed a chunk of weight gone!

So here is what I was using "legally" on Atkins that I realized is not good for me, or is stalling me:

All sugar free chocolates
My sugar free Lifesavers
My sugar free gum - I haven't quite quit altogether. These are rare now - used them when I'd get into the car, when I'd usually light up a smoke. But I have to stop it.
Sugar free Land O Lakes whip cream - the squirt kind from a can
Aspartame - It is in sugar free Jello! And so many sodas. I hate it anyway. Nasty.
Peanut Butter - Even the natural kind, as I have trouble with just having ONE spoon...
Carb Control yogurt - supposedly had 5 g carbs. I think it was stalling me a little.
All sodas and other artificially flavored and sweetened drinks. This is a hard one. But working on it, almost have it.
I still have my hot tea with a packet of stevia. I can't give that up!
Oh, and the REAL biggie for me: My Atkins Shakes and Almond Milk. I'd mix them together and make the most yummy breakfast drink that I SO looked forward to everyday! Now I'll look forward to EGGS. Or something. LOL.
I put Pork Rinds on this list, but I think I will keep them, but measure more carefully.

DRINK WATER LIKE IT'S YOUR JOB!!

I forget where I read that, but it has really helped me.

So are you guys going to be here when I scream when I get weighed after a weeks cheat? Gaaah. My own stupid fault. But I'm rarin' to go for the long haul - longer than six months, too.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Of course we are Joey.

Its so funny, when I first came over the M&E, there was only 2-3 people posting, and now theres heaps! We didnt even do monthly threads, just kept on adding the the original years old one.

Thanx for the BFC link karai. Maybe I should look at it. ive lost tonnes of weight, but Im still loose and floppy in the belly dept. I know some of that is loose skin from pregnancy and it will never go away barring surgery, but I think I might still have some visceral fat that needs excising.

Thanx for the hug Mae, Im not sure if stress makes me gain but carbs certainly do! Right now I am 7 days binge free, and apart from a scheduled one on September 16th, will remain that way until I go on holiday. While on holiday..... well we'll see

And yes, down is down. Its not up.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're in the right place Joey. This is the coolest bunch of people here. Doesn't matter what your goals, WOE or challenges you'll always find a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen or a bright idea to share.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
I figured to take this to a whole nother level lol

told myself lets see what happens if I end up eating alot more fat so now my percentage is 80%+ fat lol

lol and it took calories to 2800+ lol

so I woke up norm ..well actually when started this diet been waking earlier lol and usualy would be heavy but actualy from eating even that, didn't gain anything still slim lol and feel great lol..

I can actually feel as if my body is eating on the fat , possibly why feel like legs restless lol or arms get weak fast .. but its werid after I eat its like I really guess now believe it the more you eat the more you lose...

proving for me I tempted the other day well very low calories prob 1500-1800 range like atkins and what happen didn't lose thought would and actually felt like I could of gained .. hmm

so yeah guess for me If I eat less= I'll gain
If I eat more= I"ll lose and feel whole lot better lol

loving avocado by the way

I just can't believe my fears of eating cause everyone else eats so less.. was ruining my success and what i really did need to do is eat a whole lot more.. lol

Hi all and thanks for everything I just never felt so stress free, happy and like loving life then I do now since I started septemeber its like something If ever I stray away to remember how well it works..

Hope you all the best today and every day <3
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Lil says: "I think I might still have some visceral fat that needs excising."

Made me laugh out loud for sure. Of course, thinking of all the exorcism that needs to be done on my fat! LOL. That wasn't the exact wording but it struck me as funny!

Well, I did our grocery shopping today. Twice a month I buy up! Got a load of meat and a bunch of eggs. Olives, pork rinds and other stuff we needed. So I'm ready to rumble. I'm anxious to. I don't feel well eating carbs and should have never let it go on.

No more whining, back to work!! One thing I did not do well before was prepare things to eat in advance. I am going to this time. The fridge will have pre-cooked meats and bacon. HB eggs and stuff for egg salads. I got a package of Romaine Hearts to eat egg salad stuff in.

I'm going to make up a bunch of hamburger meatballs - easy to grab and heat. This will help a lot and I'm a little bit proud of myself for better planning. I have been really great at flying by the seat of my pants!!

Thanks for the welcome and I do enjoy hearing your goals, feelings and successes.

One thing I no longer have that some of you do is the dreaded TOM. You see, Tom wasn't nice to me, so he had to be removed in pieces and gotten rid of. That showed him! He thought he was going to give me cancer but we beat him to the punch and got rid of it all before it happened. But that was a close one. I do NOT miss those monthly, awful "visits." Such an unwelcome guest! LOL.

Take care and I'll see you for the dreaded weigh in.....
Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here is an update on the pie. My guests loved it. I added some whipped HC and N-S-A strawberries to the top of each slice. I waited until they finished eating their slices before I told them that it was a low carb recipe! In between bites, I heard, "this is delicious", "so light, but so delicious", "what is the recipe?", "what kind of crust is this...it's very rich", "is there more?" . The main foodie asked for the recipe. You know, the one that does everything right in the family...yeah, that one. She asked for the recipe. Wow, I was so honored. I had the recipe prepared and ready to go... Thanks Aruralgirl. That recipe is a keeper.
Thanks for the update on the pie. So nice to hear the family foodie wanted the recipe--kudos to you for some great tweaks!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
I just spent about a week reading threads. Beginning with Dr. Atkins 1972 and ending up here. Starting year was 2006! Now I have to say I did not read every single post, but most of them. That was a lot of reading!

I first did Atkins back in the late 1970's after having my first baby. Have been on & off many varied types of weight loss programs since. Or none, and just gobbling down carbs like crazy. And gaining weight like crazy to match...gaaah. A vicious, lifetime cycle.

In Feb. of this year, I hit a new and very frightening number on the scale: 250. It was like being smacked on the side of the head with a 2 x 4. So, I picked myself up, dusted off, threw away the nasty, filthy, stinking cigarettes, and went on Atkins. First week was great. Lost some 9 lbs. After that, the next 6 months I spent basically maintaining, although I did lose 13 more lbs.

I have to say I'm not real impressed with "A New Atkins For a New You," book. I have to say it's great for maintenance, at least for me, but not for loss. Except very slowly. I need a lot less carbs in order to lose.

I am going to restart, as I got off track about a week ago. I'm sure I've gained, no doubts. So reading all these threads was just what I needed to do. I am going to restart by going on M&E - to dump off the "bad" from all I've eaten/gained, and to get a good loss going. I was pretty discouraged week after week with no progress. Although I was glad that this is a good WOE for life, and my health improved a lot. I have fibromyalgia, and eating carbs makes it so much worse. I had no idea of that all these years! Plus I'm pushing upon the back door of age 60 pretty hard! I have felt so much better and healthier overall since doing LC.

So it's time to regroup and get moving again in the right direction!

It has been fun to see new ones start up and have success! Sad to have seen some just disappear and you wonder whatever happened to them...Meanwhile, the rest of us can keep plodding along. I love the support and cameraderie in this special group.

So, thanks for letting me give my story and to join in the group! I'm looking forward to it a lot!
Joey B!