Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mauidwoman
Stats: 279/273/149
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Start Date: 8/26/2013
Any body Carb Cycling? Break the fat loss code?

Crack/ Conquer the Fat Loss Code 2013

Anybody out there?
mauidwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidwoman View Post
Crack/ Conquer the Fat Loss Code 2013

Anybody out there?
Hi Mauidwoman, not doing it myself right now, have read up on it though. Good luck if that is your woe. I'm doing M/E right now, it's in the other plans list here. I know there are some old threads on the Crack tflc. Take care and good luck. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesinOhio
Stats: 234/231.4/140
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Hey there Mauidwoman. It's difficult to find people anymore that are doing this plan, but it is a very good one! I am about to begin it again within the next week. I did Crack the Fatloss Code several years ago and was very successful. But, you know how it goes with falling off the wagon, etc. Anyways, because of my prior success on this, I am going to begin it again. I would love to be your buddy on this journey. You live in the Midwest as well? I'm in Ohio.
JulesinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm not following the plan you described but doing Chris Powell's carb cycling plan. Would love to join other carb cyclers if there are any still out there anywhere!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
How is Powell's plan set up?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

He has 4 cycling plans:

Easy--Alternate LC/HC (low carb + high carb) every other day, on every hc day you get 1 reward meal.--and one Free day

Turbo-- For every 2 days LC, do a HC day--and one Free Day

Classic--Alternate LC/HC every other day--One Free Day

Fit-- 4 days HC / 2 days LC / 1 free day --more for athletic performance/maint.

Eat 5x a day according to your day+ veggies at every meal/ drink a min. of a gallon of water/ exercise.

Some cycles will induce quicker weight loss than others, but dependant on how fast/slow you want to lose, have a cheat meal, etc.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Which one are you doing Danielle. Are any carbs allowed for high days/reward meals?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing the classic. I love it!

My week starts on Saturdays just so I could have my free day at the end of the week on Fridays. You have the freedom to set up your free day any way you want.

High carb days will consist of anything like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat breads, corn tortillas, fruits, root vegetables, quinoa, etc..

Your free day is 1000 extra calories to do with as you choose. He prefers you split them up throughout the day.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

For the easy cycle I'm not sure how the reward meal works with calorie counts..I'll have to check. I never bothered reading all of that since I knew I wasn't going to be doing it
Old 09-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Do you have the book? I was thinking about buying a kindle version but some reviews said the charts were unreadable.

Is the title Choose to lose seven day cycling plan?

Thanks

Last edited by jeaniem; 09-27-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

There is that one but the newest one is Choose More Lose More For Life.

I would recommend having the book if you decide to follow the plan. I use mine alot for reference or to find some inspiration..just makes it easier to have pages marked right away KWIM? I also used it to print out food lists and copies of the month long cycle..

that's the other thing..
You follow your cycle for 3 weeks and on the 4th week you do something he calls "slingshot" for a week. It's 6 days of High Carb days and your 7th day being your free day still.. This resets your system and keeps the body guessing.. I had my doubts but I've talked to several ladies who have been thru this and say it's no hassle and felt that it did it's job.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Which book are you using? I think I saw the older one in the store today. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing the newer one I posted about. I honestly have no idea what the other one is like. My understanding is that this newer one he made the food list bigger and added the other cycles...before I believe he just had the one classic cycle amd that's it. HTH!
Old 09-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks
Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

How is it going Danielle? I saw a carb cycling group on facebook and got a little scared as most of the women were complaining that they gained weight. I know I can do CAD style eating and maintain my weight pretty well even while eating junk carbs, but I want to eat healthy and lose not maintain.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Were they doing Chris' plan? I do know, that on the "slingshot week" (4th week every month) there is potential for a slight gain as you're resetting for a new month..the ladies I've seen go thru this have been able to drop the extra pound or so from this week within the first couple days back into the cycling with no worries whatsoever.

Things are going pretty good! I'm not the fastest loser to begin with but the scale is moving steadily in the right direction. That's all I care about! I don't feel deprived of anything so as long as things continue this way I think I'll stick with this cycle.

There is definitely no room for junk carbs on this plan, except for on your free day if you so choose. You can even keep those days "clean" by just upping the carbs/fat you eat all week instead.. I tend to do alittle of both on my free day...I do mostly that but then indulge in maybe some movie popcorn or a handful of french fries. I'm finding that I can't eat as much of that stuff as before which is a feat in and of itself!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

They were talking about the classic cycle so I assume it's Powell's plan. I am going to go out today and see if I can find the book locally.

Glad to hear you like it and are indeed losing without feeling deprived.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Interesting.... did they state where in the plan they were gaining from? Was it from the slingshot week, or just in general during their week? If they're not following the program as written and making up their own variations there's always the possibility that there could be gaining going on? He's very adamant that the 3hr rule be adhered to, no question.

I'm anxious to hear what you think after you read the book, hope you find it!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Well after going all over town I finally found the book but couldn't justify spending $25 on it. I did find the authors website and it has the layout of the 4 different cycle options. I am not sure if I will just go with the kindle version or try to find a better price online.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

I did get mine online for about $15 w/ free shipping.
Good luck to you!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karennic
Stats: 206/199/125
WOE: Crack the fat loss code
Start Date: September 13
I just started the crack the fat loss code program. I am in the carb deplete cycle right now. Anybody else?
Karennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
I don't know if anybody is still lurking around this thread. I did a search for "Chris Powell" and didn't come up with anything, so I'll post my thoughts here.

I was intrigued by the 4 options Chris has in his new book. I found a lot of information for free on his website, as well as a 3 part video on Dr. Oz's site.

Carb-cycling is not a new idea. I came across it because Hugh Jackman and The Rock both do it. The problem is when you tell somebody they can safely eat "carbs" I immediately think of cinnamon rolls and chips, not quinoa and brown rice, LOL.

One thing that does confuse me, is that he calls his "low carb" days low carb as well as low fat. This is a bit of a paradox, is it not? I think it should be high carb/low cal and low carb/high cal, but what do I know?

The "easy cycle" plan sounds the most enticing to me. In lieu of your 1000 extra calories on your cheat day, you can have a cheat meal on up to 3 of your high carb days, at least according to the information I found. Results will be slower, of course, but if cravings and deprivation are a problem and a cheat meal will keep you happy and on the program, then it would be worth it.

Anyway, this book seems to be VERY popular on a certain rainforest-named retailer and I'd love to hear some feedback on how it is working (or not working) for anybody who is trying it. Thanks.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm still doing carb cycling. I am doing the classic cycle and I love it. I'm in my 5th week.. kinda veered off a bit due to a road trip this past weekend. Last week "should" have been my slingshot week but I was involved in a 4 week challenge that ended this past weekend..so wanted to keep the scale moving instead of either slightly gaining or standing still...

Low carb days include a serving of fat w/ protein 5x a day. 1200 cals for women and i believe 1500 for men on these days--I'll have to check the book!
Proteins on his food lists are relatively lower fat--leaner cuts of meat, etc..

Looking forward to seeing how you do!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shello513
Slingshot week for Chris powell's classic cycle

Hello, could anyone tell me if you are able to have fat during the slingshot week? This is our first attempt and cannot find any reference in the book. Thanks for your help!!
Shello513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karennic View Post
I just started the crack the fat loss code program. I am in the carb deplete cycle right now. Anybody else?
I'm not doing it right now, but I did it back in 2008 and it's a *great* plan. That was the diet that finally made me get over my fear of eating low-carb. I had such stellar results that first "carb-deplete" week and felt amazing. I think I lost like 5 pounds and what felt like an inch or so off my waist (again--only during week 1).
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shello513 View Post
Hello, could anyone tell me if you are able to have fat during the slingshot week? This is our first attempt and cannot find any reference in the book. Thanks for your help!!
Slingshot week is all HC days just like normal HC days.. protein/carb/veggies 5x a day for 7 days..and still include free day.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
bumping!
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
This is intriguing. bump
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat41057
Stats: 203/19/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct. 2013
Really enjoyed this thread.
Kat41057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat41057 View Post
Really enjoyed this thread.
It's an interesting concept, but I still have way more questions than answers.

What exactly are we trying to accomplish with cycling? Are we trying to keep our bodies "confused" so we don't plateau, or are we trying to manipulate our weight loss hormones (insulin, leptin, ghrelin)?

Are we trying to KEEP some glycogen stored in our livers, or deplete it? I thought we were trying to get rid of it as fast as possible, i.e. the first 3 days of Atkins Induction is said to purge glycogen from the liver and THEN we can start losing.

With a traditional low carb diet, I know what/how/why I'm supposed to be doing something. But I feel like I'm pretty well in the dark on this one.

Also, if anybody is still keeping up with this thread, what difference does it make where the carbs come from? I was always taught 20 grams of carbs from a cookie is treated the same as 20 grams of carbs from an apple. I know there is the glycemic index and all that. But most people on this forum say "a carb is a carb." So I'm just kind of perplexed. I think I might give it a try. The worst that can happen is I don't like it and I try something else.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote