Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tabboo9
Carb nite or Carb backloading

Had anyone done this program? If you have can we start a thread to share experience. From what information I have been able to come across you low carb first 10 days and then have one carb nite that start around 3 pm and only last 6 hours. Carb nite is like a carbohidrate refeed where you add carbs into your diet for 6 hours once a week. This method is repeated every 6th day until you reach desired weight. The book is called "The Carb Nite Solution".
tabboo9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
It sounds fun!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
I have been kinda of doing this but hold to the one hour CAD style limit and have been losing well. It keeps me sane and free from compulsive carb binges. I have very few other carbs on the days I have the carbs though and eat lower calorie the following day because I am not hungry as most times the CAD meal is in the late evening.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I just follow Carbohydrate Addict's Diet where I can have carbs everday, just eaten in under an hour. It really does work and controls your insulin release if you either fast or eat super low carb the rest of the day. The hour is to control carb loading/binges and also has to do with biphashic insulin release. If you fasted or ate low carb the other 23 hours, your body will release an initial lower amount of insulin as you start to eat even during the carb meal and finishing by 60 minutes also causes less insulin release to cover the meal (if you go beyond at about 70-80 minutes after the START of eating the body releases more insulin surges to cover the current meal consumed). By doing those 2 tricks (extreme low carb or fasting for 23 hours and eating carbs in a one hour time frame) you really feel no hunger, are satisfied, plus can eat AWESOME during your one hour carb meal and even the low carb meals. I am doing this for life!!!

MIW
Old 10-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I just saw this in Woman's World Magazine and looked it up online. Looks like for 10 days you eat less than 30gm of carbs. Then in the evening of the 10th day, from 6 p.m. to midnight you can eat carbs. The next morning you're back to less than 30gm of carbs. From that point on, you have one evening every week from 6 p.m. to midnight where you can eat carbs.

If you can handle the carbs, it might work, but if you can't, you've just reintroduced the carbs back into your system and get to go through withdrawal again. By the time you've gotten them out of your system, you're having another carb nite.

I have to admit this is not something I could handle.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
I just saw this in Woman's World Magazine and looked it up online. Looks like for 10 days you eat less than 30gm of carbs. Then in the evening of the 10th day, from 6 p.m. to midnight you can eat carbs. The next morning you're back to less than 30gm of carbs. From that point on, you have one evening every week from 6 p.m. to midnight where you can eat carbs.

If you can handle the carbs, it might work, but if you can't, you've just reintroduced the carbs back into your system and get to go through withdrawal again. By the time you've gotten them out of your system, you're having another carb nite.

I have to admit this is not something I could handle.
This is exactly my fear. If I introduce those carbs will it feed the binge monster. The guy who wrote this I believe is a body builder type. I think this might work well for those who are body building or athletic or male. For us maybe not so much and an awful lot of damage could be done in 6 hours. I do like Jeaniem's tweak though trying to eat within the hour. I don't know how much science there is in Rachel's CAD program but she's been around for years and if I remember correctly the bulk of her weight loss was through IF once a day feed.

However if it works for you more power to you, sounds good.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I have a free day on the Big Breakfast Diet every 7th day and it seems to rev up my metabolism but the next day I am back to my big breakfast only and the weight drops off.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I've been doing a lot of reading on this the past few days and following a couple forums and it appears that this works well for men...and for women athletes or those doing weight training...but many women are just doing the lose 2-3 pounds during the week on ultra low carb (under 30gm) and gaining it back on their carb nite...hamster wheel.

Kiefer, the author, says women may have to go lower fat/higher carb (cookies vs eating pizza) and limit the calories (whereas his book says you don't have to count calories). He also says it works best if you do a heavy workout the night before your carb nite.

Doesn't sound like it would work well for most women.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: summering
Stats: 185/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2013
I just downloaded the book ...looks interesting .
summering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ss1
Stats: 160/137/130-125
Start Date: september 2012
I know this is a really old thread but ive just started looking into backloading. I think what a lot of people are missing here is the backloading is supposed to be AFTER HEAVY LIFTING. its not an everyday thing, and only after lifting not cardio. did anyone try it? what did you think?
ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote