Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
BELLY FAT CURE

Anyone doing Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure?

I started on August 1st after doing a modified version of the Meat &Egg fast since late June. I lost 27 lbs on the fast. I decided to transition to the BFC through December 31st. But, I still plan to do some M&E days in my menus since they are 0/0 on BFC.

Usually, I will do 10 lb loss increments as my mini-goals. This week, my goal is to lose 3 lbs on BFC. That will take me to a 30 lb loss.

Here is a brief description of the BFC plan.
-Sugar and Carbs are limited on the plan as follows:
Sugar =up to 15 grams/day
Carbs = up to 6 servings per day ~ 120 grams
S/C ratio --->15/6
I stay around 4-6 g sugar and 4 servings of carbs. So on a typical day my ratio is 4/4.
-Select high fiber, low GI carbs.
-Sugar should naturally occur in the food item...not added.
-Good fats
If you stay below the 15/6 ratio, fatloss occurs with the belly fat going first. My co-worker has been on BFC for 5 months and has lost 79 lbs. She also exercises which I believe has played a good role in her success. Jorge does not indicate that exercise is required to see the large losses, but, I will exercise for the other benefits.

Here is today's menu:
B- 2 turkey sausages + scrambled egg + 1 slice Ezekial Bread
L- Grilled Chicken breast with bell peppers
D-modified Cobb Salad

S/C = 4/4

C'mon BFCers, let's do this!

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I read this book from the library but had to return it. Hope you don't mind if I lurk to watch your success.

I thought you had to drink protein shakes or something bizarre.

120g carbs is still lower than SAD, so the interesting thing is determining how much of the carbs in the food is sugar and adjust the food to match the ratio?
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I read this book from the library but had to return it. Hope you don't mind if I lurk to watch your success.

I thought you had to drink protein shakes or something bizarre.

120g carbs is still lower than SAD, so the interesting thing is determining how much of the carbs in the food is sugar and adjust the food to match the ratio?
Hi Metqa, the amount of sugar found in the product is on the product's label. For example, the Ezekial bread that I ate for breakfast had 0 grams of sugar and 15 grams of carbs (which is equal to 1 serving of carbs). The ratio for 1 slice of Ezekial bread is 0/1.

Lurk away, please feel free to jump in anytime tho'. So far, BFC has been really easy. Plus, I don't have to give up my grains. I can even have 85% dark chocolate on this puppy!

Karai

Last edited by Karai; 08-05-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Metqa, the amount of sugar found in the product is on the product's label. For example, the Ezekial bread that I ate for breakfast had 0 grams of sugar and 15 grams of carbs (which is equal to 1 serving of carbs). The ratio for 1 slice of Ezekial bread is 0/1.

Lurk away, please feel free to jump in anytime tho'. So far, BFC has been really easy. Plus, I don't have to give up my grains. I can even have 85% dark chocolate on this puppy!

Karai
Karai. Good luck on BFC plan! I'll look into it some more. Read a bit online. Probably can get the book at the library. You menu looks good. Take care. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Karai. Good luck on BFC plan! I'll look into it some more. Read a bit online. Probably can get the book at the library. You menu looks good. Take care. Mae
Hey Mae, I bought the book from Amazon. Jorge has a new plan out too. But, I prefer the BFC plan to it. If you can't find the BFC book at the library, you may be able to get it at a lower price on Amazon or Ebay (since there is a newer plan). Thanks on the menu. It takes getting used to since doing the M&E for so long. But, I am looking forward to the variety.

Karai
Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
---------------
B: Whey Protein Shake w/chia seeds, Maca and Moringa, Almond Milk, Water (3/2)
L: Grilled chicken w/sauteed green beans (2/1)
D: Baked flounder w/greens (0/1)
S: 1 square 85% cocoa (0/1)
Snacks: None
Total S/C: 5/5

Carb values guide:
C<5 grams = 0 servings
5 to 20 grams = 1 serving
21 to 40 grams = 2 servings
41 to 60 grams = 3 servings

Karai
Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Whey Protein Shake w/chia seeds, Maca and Moringa, Almond Milk, Water (3/2)
L: Chicken Pizza (3/2)
D: Omelet Hash (2/2)
Snacks--none
Total S/C= (8/6)
Exercise: 45 minutes cardio; 45 minutes resistance
Water: 128 oz

BFC Tip: Jorge recommends, when possible eat 2 servings of carbs at each meal (when having 3 meals/day). This will reduce insulin spikes throughout the day...promoting fat loss.

It is a challenge eating all of this food. I am anticipating only a modest weight loss since I transitioned away from M&E. So, I will also take measurements to gage my progress.

Karai
Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Canadian Bacon Omelet (0/0)
S: Cashews, Unsalted Whole Kroger (0.5/0.5)
L: Lovely Cobb Salad (3/1)
D:Hamburger on Ezekial Bread w/fixings + Oreida Steak Fries (1/3)
Exercise: 45 minutes cardio; 45 minutes resistance

BFC Tip: Many snacks can be 0/0 or close to it. Select from veggie and protein groups to maximize your ratio. If you are like me, there will be too much food to eat. You will feel more than satiated while losing pounds and/or inches.

Tomorrow is weigh day for me after 9 days on BFC.

Karai
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Whey Protein Shake (3/2)
S: Celery w/ Almond Butter (1/1)
L: Pork loin + Seasoned Cauliflower (0/1)
D: Mexi-cali Omelet (2/1)
S: 85% Chocolate square w/cream (1/1)
Total S/C = 7/6
Exercise: 1 hour cardio

BFC Tip: Use stevia or xylitol as a sweetner. These can also be purchased as a blend. Usually one packet contains 2 g carbs. It takes 2.5 packets to count as 1 serving of carbs on the BFC. So use these wisely.

I weighed and measured this morning. I am happy to report that I gained 0.2 lbs. I count this small gain as a 'no change'. Not too surprised tho'. Since I transitioned away from M&E and added more carbs to my plan, I either was going to gain on the LARGE side or maintain. Thank goodness that I continued to exercise! Now that I have been on BFC over a week, it is my hope that my body will recognize what I am doing and began to lose again. I collected my measurements as starting points for next week's comparison.

My plan for the upcoming weekend and week is to stay below the 6 servings of carbs for the majority of the time. Sugar grams are not a problem. I can easily stay below the 15 grams. Also, I will up my cardio workouts to 1 hour.

Karai is staying motivated.

Happy Weekend!
BELLY FAT CURE
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Just before we go to service, I am making a quick post.

The Weekend Menus

Saturday
B: Bacon & Eggs + 1 slice Ezekial Bread +1 tsp SF Jam + Decaf Coffee (0/2)
L: Grilled Burger stuffed with cheese +side salad (2/1)
D: Salad w/grilled Chicken + UNSW Tea (2/2)
Total S/C: 4/5
Water + Tea/Bev = 140 oz

Sunday
B: Bacon & Eggs + 1 slice Ezekial Bread +1 tsp SF Jam + Decaf Coffee (0/2)
L: Left-over Salad + Herbal Tea (2/2)
D: Baked Flounder + Broccoli w/Cheese (4/2)
Total S/C: 6/6
Water + Tea/Bev = 140 oz
Exercise: none

BFC Tip: Check out Jorge on You Tube. He prepares example BFC meals and gives some excellent tips.

I feel like I am bouncing off of the walls with all of the energy that I have on this plan. I've been able to finish all of my errands, projects and housework without dragging.

...On my way out of the door...hear DH and sons calling me.

Happy Sunday,
Karai
BELLY FAT CURE
Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: First Class French Toast w/SF Maple Syrup + 2 Turkey Sausage patties + Moringa Tea (1/2)
L: Leftover Flounder w/broccoli-cheese (4/2)
D: Crockpot Chicken w/veggies (1/1)
S: Chocolate Shake (0/0)
Total S/C: 6/5

BFC Tip: To kick your weightloss up a notch, stop eating carbs after 3:00 p.m. Jorge says this will give your body time to burn off carbs before bedtime...helping your body burn more fat. I haven't tried this little secret yet. But I will give it a go next week just to see what the results will be.

Today, I am wearing a blouse that used to be so tight that I could not get my arms into the sleeves, let alone button it up! One of my co-workers remarked how big it looked on me. I just smiled.

Karai
BELLY FAT CURE
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Egg and Sausage Bowl +Decaf Coffee (0/0)
L: LC BBQ Garlic Shrimp +stir fry veggies (6/1)
D: Meaty Pasta Bake +Green Beans (4/2)
Total S/C: 10/3
Exercise: 1 hour cardio + 15 minutes resistance

BFC Tip: Unsweetened Almond milk is your best friend on BFC and other LC plans. It has 0/0 in 1 cup. Make a free chocolate shake by adding whipped cream to chocolate UNSW almond milk. What a treat! If you are not in the mood for food at breakfast, a 4/3 shake can be made with your favorite berries. But, remember to stay at or below the total 6 servings of carbs.

I am feeling antsy. I have more energy than I've had in a long time. I don't plop down on the couch after work anymore. I am always ready to go and get things done. I feel so much better. Next month, I will see my IM. I anticipate some good blood work results...fingers crossed on this one. But, at least I will have loss some pounds and inches. This should make IM very happy.

Happy Tuesday
BELLY FAT CURE
Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's Menu
B: Egg and Sausage Bowl +Decaf Coffee (0/0)
L: LC BBQ Garlic Shrimp +stir fry veggies (6/1)
D: Meaty Pasta Bake +Green Beans (4/2)
Total S/C: 10/3
Exercise: 1 hour cardio + 15 minutes resistance

BFC Tip: Unsweetened Almond milk is your best friend on BFC and other LC plans. It has 0/0 in 1 cup. Make a free chocolate shake by adding whipped cream to chocolate UNSW almond milk. What a treat! If you are not in the mood for food at breakfast, a 4/3 shake can be made with your favorite berries. But, remember to stay at or below the total 6 servings of carbs.

I am feeling antsy. I have more energy than I've had in a long time. I don't plop down on the couch after work anymore. I am always ready to go and get things done. I feel so much better. Next month, I will see my IM. I anticipate some good blood work results...fingers crossed on this one. But, at least I will have loss some pounds and inches. This should make IM very happy.

Happy Tuesday
BELLY FAT CURE
So glad you are doing better Karai! Keep up the great work. You can do this. Mae
Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Protein Shake (4/2)
L: Parmesan Crusted Chicken +Greens (1/2)
D: Grilled Chicken Salad w/Oil and Vinegar (3/1)
S/C Total: 8/5
Exercise: 1 hour cardio; 30 minutes resistance

BFC Tip: Check out the BFC book for recommended products and foods that maximize your S/C values. For example, 1 slice of Ezekial Bread has a 0/1 ratio whereas 1 slice of whole grain bread can have a 3/1 ratio.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I am feeling positive about things. I feel good. I am looking better. I'm no longer busting out of my clothes. I have tons of energy. And, the amazing thing is that I've just got started on this journey...I have a long way to go. I am reeling in these great results thus far.

Happy Thursday!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

S: Decaf Coffee (0/0)
B: Protein Shake (4/2)
L: Chicken Wrap +Green Tea (3/2)
D: Grilled Steak +Salad +Oreida Fries (5/2)
Total S/C: 12/6
Exercise: 1 hour resistance

BFC Tip: Keep track of your meals by creating a spreadsheet of food items. Each day, I enter what I eat into a spreadsheet. I also have a database in the workbook that contains the S and C values of all of my food. So, it's easy to pull these values into my food journal. One glance, I can see where I am with S/C values and plan as needed. If you are not into spreadsheets, online food journals are available too.

Karai is for joy! Well, the whoosh fairy did not visit me. But, I am so glad to say that the scale is moving in the right direction. Today, I am down 1.9 lbs. I sigh with relief because I just did not know how my body was going to react to going from M&E to a higher carb WOE like BFC. In the back of my mind, I thought that I would hold onto more pounds another week or more before my fat cells would loosen up. But, to my great and wonderful surprise I experienced a weight loss this week!

TGIF...and I mean TGIF!!! Weekend, here I come!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shirlangel
Stats: 264/246/145
WOE: Atkins 72 Induction
Start Date: Aug 2013 Restart July 2014
Congrats on your weight loss this week! Thank you for posting your menus - they look good and I like your BFC tips. I have not started BFC but am familiar with it. It's definitely looks easier for me to stick with than the stricter low carb plans so it's definitely worth considering so I am going to read BFC.
Shirlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
S: Infused Herbal Tea
B:Turkey Sausage-Egg Wrap (0/2)
L: Roasted Chicken Breast w/Pan Gravy + Kale (2/1)
D: Chicken Veggie Pizza (4/2)
S: Chocolate Protein Shake (0/0)
Exercise: 1 hr cardio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlangel View Post
Congrats on your weight loss this week! Thank you for posting your menus - they look good and I like your BFC tips. I have not started BFC but am familiar with it. It's definitely looks easier for me to stick with than the stricter low carb plans so it's definitely worth considering so I am going to read BFC.
Hi Shirlangel, welcome to BFC!
I agree with you. BFC is easier and more sustainable for me to be on as a WOL kind of WOE. I can pretty much eat what I want as long as I stay within the BFC guide lines. Who knew that BFC'ers could have a one ounce bag of Lays Chips and only use 0/1! Jorge even recommends these with a wrap or sandwich as lunch. Yum!

I am glad that my menus are a help. I like reading people's menus because they help me to understand how to apply their WOE.

BFC Tip: I bought my BFC from Costco. Jorge has a new book out, but I didn't like the format and it seemed a little more complicated for me. BFC has several menus to choose from (Carb Lovers, Meat Lovers, Quick Fast Food, Sweet Lovers, Seafood/Chicken Lovers). Check out these menus and the BFC good food choices to make the WOE fit your lifestyle.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Ricotta Pancakes w/SF Syrup +Bacon (3/2)
L: Chicken-bacon wrap w/Ranch dressing (4/1)
D: Deep Pan Pizza (2/2)
S: 1 oz 85% chocolate (5/1)
Total S/C: 14/6
Water: 128 oz (includes herbal tea)
Exercise 1 hr cardio, 30 minutes resistance

BFC Tip: Dark chocolate is allowed on BFC. But make sure to purchase the 85% and up cacao to get the best s/c value. If you are a chocolate lover, this treat makes being on BFC and lc heavenly. Slightly warm the squares in the microwave, and then add whipped cream w/stevia or truvia! Talk about yummy! To save on carbs, don't use the entire packet of sweetener...halve it, which should be 0/0. Nice treat.

Yesterday, I received several "are you losing weight" compliments. I briefly shared about the LC WOE, but I noticed that their eyes glazed over. Which were then, followed by comments like... wow, didn't know the LC was still around. Isn't that hard...or, I couldn't give up carbs...yada...yada. Well, the next time I'm asked about what I'm doing to lose weight, I will say "just cutting back". I think most people can relate to that.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I just reserved my copy from the library. There seems to be lots of different "versions" and they had the latest, I think it was 2011. The fast track I think it is called. It will be intresting to read it. Seems that what you eat, I eat on PhD anyways Just wish I could figure out why my belly is so stinkin big...could be from the 8 babies I have had, but I can't use that as an excuse forever I will pop in whence I begin my research Is that a word, whence...ya I think so
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I just reserved my copy from the library. There seems to be lots of different "versions" and they had the latest, I think it was 2011. The fast track I think it is called. It will be intresting to read it. Seems that what you eat, I eat on PhD anyways Just wish I could figure out why my belly is so stinkin big...could be from the 8 babies I have had, but I can't use that as an excuse forever I will pop in whence I begin my research Is that a word, whence...ya I think so
Hi MtoM, you are right about the other versions. I have the 2009 spiral bound book. I love the versatile options in weekly meals. It makes the plan so doable. about the "stinkin big belly". I haven't birthed 8 kids, but I still have a pouch from twins! And, they will be 8 this year...so, I don't have an excuse either. I think you have more of an excuse than I do.

Welcome to the BFC! Pop in anytime. Your comments, support and chuckles are welcomed!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Vanilla Protein Shake w/Strawberries & Stevia (6/2)
L: Chicken Salad w/lettuce wrap (2/1)
D: Fried Beef Steak w/Green Beans (2/1)
Total S/C: 10/4
Water: 100 oz
Exercise 1 hour cardio

BFC Tip: Jorge has a list of "recommended" foods that you can buy to make sure that you stay within the S/C guidelines. The belly good foods can be found in most places. However, you don't have to stick to the recommended brands. As long as you find products that are similar to the listed items (ingredients and s/c values), you should be home free. Plus, you will find that alot of the BFC-recommended brands can be pricey. So, just do your product comparison research by reading labels or nutritional info on the 'net', and it will work out fine.

Yesterday was an "UP" day for me. I could not eat all of the food that I prepared on my menu. The deep pan pizza was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! Not one piece was left!! Even I managed to finish off my portion. I was so satisfied that I didn't want the dark chocolate . Now, that is a miracle for me.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

S: Decaf Coffee
B: Turkey Sausage Roll (0/1)
L: Hamburger (on ezekial bread) + Oreida Fries (2/3)
D: Cobb Salad w/Ranch Dressing (5/1)
S/C Total: 7/5
Water: 120 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes resistance training

BFC Tip:
You’ll notice that Jorge rarely specifies exact amounts for every item in each meal. Meats, cheeses, and veggies are low in sugar and can be enjoyed until your physical hunger is satisfied. As a guide, he recommends a serving size that can fit in the palm of your hand.

I feel so much better! I don't wake up several times each night now that I have dropped 30+ pounds. I am sleeping through most of the night. Plus, I don't feel like the Pillsbury dough-girl when I get up to go to the bathroom at night. Before this WOE, I would roll out of the bed and waddle to the bathroom. I felt stuffed and heavy. Now, I am feeling so much lighter.

This morning's workout felt extra special good...
It is time to buy new workout gear because my pants are too baggy. The waist band has dropped below my navel. BFC is working.

Tomorrow is weigh day. I am expecting to be a LOSER.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: Decaf Coffee + Egg White McMuffin (w/o the Muffin) (0/0)
L: Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun) w/side salad + UNSW Ice Tea (4/1)
D: Meatloaf +greens (3/1)
S: Chocolate Shake (0/0)
Total S/C: 7/2
Exercise: none

BFC Tip: Jorge talks about "false" belly fat in his book briefly. It is the girth that develops due to stress or waste. While he does not push exercise, I find that working out often reduces my stress level significantly. I can't emphasize how relaxed and focused I feel during and after the gym. Plus, exercise detoxes the body naturally. I haven't had a problem with 'detoxing' since starting this WOE. Some medications can clog up the flow of things also. So, get in your exercise, fluids, fiber and good fats to ease the issue while getting rid of the fake belly fat.

The scale was good to me again. I'm down 4.3 lbs...a total of ~33 lbs lighter. I've reached by 2nd goal...on to goal #3.

BFC is working. I am sustaining a lost each week. I think the losses will pick up as my body gets used to the extra carbs. Next week, I will go back to having my protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. BFC has a nice selection of shakes that can be subbed for meals. I like mixing things up a bit. Plus, it's the end of August, and the holidays are approaching. I want to stay focused and keep the losses coming.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by Karai; 08-23-2013 at 06:12 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake (0/1)
L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake (0/1)
D: Grilled Lamb Chops + Salad w/Raspberry Dssg (5/1)
S: Clemmy's Ice Cream O's (0/2)
Exercise: 1hr resistance training

BFC Tip: I have been missing cereal on the lc WOE. BFC has an excellent recommendation for cereal---> Ezekiel 4.9 Flax Sprouted Whole Grain cold cereal is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. to me. One-half cup is only 0/1, and goes a long way, is filling and is just so delish! I had this cereal for breakfast over the weekend. I bought mine from Kroger, but you can buy it from Whole Foods, Amazon. Netrition may have it. I haven't checked there. It comes in several flavors too. It is a bit pricey, tho~ $7.xx /box. It is worth it. Now, a less costly alternative is Uncle Sam's cereal. I may check it out too. If you can catch the Ezekial cereal on sale, that's even better.

The weekend was slow paced. Not much went on. We had family time, ran errands, got caught up on house and yard- work, did a few repairs and just enjoyed the nice calm weather and home time. I did some batch cooking for the week as prep for upcoming events that we have to attend. This will save me time in getting the family meals on the table.

Thursday, we have family coming in from the west to enjoy the upcoming Labor Day holiday. I am psychologically preparing for this...these family members are major foodies. So, it is going to be a challenge but doable to stay focused and easy going about my WOE.

Happy Monday,
Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's Menu
D: Grilled Lamb Chops + Salad w/Raspberry Dssg (5/1)
S: Clemmy's Ice Cream O's (0/2)
Exercise: 1hr resistance training

BFC Tip: I have been missing cereal on the lc WOE. BFC has an excellent recommendation for cereal---> Ezekiel 4.9 Flax Sprouted Whole Grain cold cereal is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. to me. One-half cup is only 0/1, and goes a long way, is filling and is just so delish! I had this cereal for breakfast over the weekend. I bought mine from Kroger, but you can buy it from Whole Foods, Amazon. Netrition may have it. I haven't checked there. It comes in several flavors too. It is a bit pricey, tho~ $7.xx /box. It is worth it. Now, a less costly alternative is Uncle Sam's cereal. I may check it out too. If you can catch the Ezekial cereal on sale, that's even better.

The weekend was slow paced. Not much went on. We had family time, ran errands, got caught up on house and yard- work, did a few repairs and just enjoyed the nice calm weather and home time. I did some batch cooking for the week as prep for upcoming events that we have to attend. This will save me time in getting the family meals on the table.

Thursday, we have family coming in from the west to enjoy the upcoming Labor Day holiday. I am psychologically preparing for this...these family members are major foodies. So, it is going to be a challenge but doable to stay focused and easy going about my WOE.

Happy Monday,
WTG on the loss, Karai. Just wanted to pop in and say how proud I am of you. Keep up the good work. You can do this. The batch cooking works and helps with portion control too. I do that myself. Doing ok, knee flareup, which causes me bloating, but on the mend. Otherwise doing well. Will be back online Wednesday for my weigh in. Take care and hugs. Mae
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hey Mae! Thanks for popping in. It is always good to 'hear' from you. Your positive energy is so welcoming. I sent to you a PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
D: Fish Tacos +coleslaw +steak fries (6/3)
Exercise: 1 hour resistance training

BFC Tip: Jorge recommends chewing Spry gum as a nice way to freshen breath or to quell a desire for something sweet. I could not find Spry gum in my neck of the woods, so I opted for Trident's xylitol sweetened gum. It has many flavors, and is a good treat in between meals.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 08-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Karai!

Marking my spot...your journey is very interesting to me. So, if you don't mind me asking...how many calories do you think you eat per day?

Thanks!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
My book is still not available, must be checked out still really interested in reading about this! Sounds like you are this - happy for you!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Karai!

Marking my spot...your journey is very interesting to me. So, if you don't mind me asking...how many calories do you think you eat per day?

Thanks!
Hi Jenmay, welcome! I was too very intrigued by the BFC. It sounded like a fad to me at first. But, when I read the book and brief science behind it, I just had to jump on board. The idea of still being able to eat 'good' carbs, fats and still lose weight...especially belly fat...won me over quickly!

I'm not a calorie counter, so I may not be too accurate with this. A guesstimate would be about 1200 or less on 'down' days and maybe 1700 on 'up' days???