Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
a pound is better than nothing. Did you lose any inches?
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks. You are right. A loss is a loss.

I don't measure. Tho' I did start out with the the thought of measuring. But, I wouldn't be consistent with it. So, I figured that I wouldn't start it. I typically go by how my clothes fit too. So far, I'm down 3 sizes.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Thanks. You are right. A loss is a loss.

I don't measure. Tho' I did start out with the the thought of measuring. But, I wouldn't be consistent with it. So, I figured that I wouldn't start it. I typically go by how my clothes fit too. So far, I'm down 3 sizes.
That's a good measure. But then my BF said, "Y'know, your cotton pants could be shrinking in the wash, since you've had them a long time." I wonder... What a nice thing to say anyway!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

! I think we just crossed posts. I just left your journal.

Yeah, that was really nice about the cotton pants. Hey without a little spandex, they really can shrink. :.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Well, I am IF'ing until 6:00 p.m. today. Here is my menu:

Breakfast Beverage: Hot tea w/lemon and mct oil
Snack: Water w/lemon +malic acid (prepping for a liver cleanse)
Lunch: Hot tea w/lemon and mct oil
Snack: Water w/malic acid
Dinner: Pan-fried tilapia fillets +sauteed greens w/peppers +yellow squash +wild rice (2/2)
Dessert: HM SF hot chocolate w/HWC (2/1)
S/C Total: 4/3
Water: 80 oz
Exercise: 1 hour walk with the lunch group

Over the weekend, I did a colon cleanse. It is a preliminary step to my semi-annual liver cleanse that I do. IF'ing really fit in well with my routine too. All week, I will drink water and malic acid to soften any stones for easy release. I started doing this over a year ago, and have had some really good results. I think this process is also instrumental in my weight loss success. My metabolism is chugging away. Prior to starting cleanses, I would hold on to fat like ugly onto an ape...as Festus Haggin would say.

Happy Mondane to you!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #186

Mondane! LOL

I sorta fasted today too, but not on purpose. I skipped breakfast and brought treats to my class. I was going to have my protein shake hot chocolate but got distracted. I ate 3 jelly beans, two dark chocolate covered espresso beans and a pistacio. It was 4:17pm before my BF asked me if I'd eaten and I'd forgotten to actually make a meal to eat. He made me eat 2 eggs, and later I had a salad with a chicken breast. But I felt good all day. A busy day, with uncomfortable shoes....That's it, I was high on endorphins from the shoes! LOL

Good night!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 11-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Mondays are not my favorite days...it's tough getting things going after the weekend.

I like how fasting makes my body feels. As counter intuitive as it seems, fasting gives me more energy to boot.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

IF'ing until 6:00 p.m.

Dinner: Baked flounder fillets +steamed veggies +wild rice w/sage butter(3/2)
S/C Total: 5/3

Last night, I gave my 'talk' to my doctor's patient group. I'm glad that I rehearsed all weekend before family and friends. It wasn't that bad. After I got over thinking about myself and how nervous I felt, and instead focusing on how my life experience could help the group, I relaxed and shared. The talk lasted about 20 minutes, and Q&A lasted around 30 minutes. Most questions were geared toward the psychology behind sticking to my plan and how my weight loss affected those around me. I created a "tips" sheet that I gave to each participant. We went over the points before ending the meeting. Several people stopped to talk with me afterwards. I was so impressed with how committed many of them were to changing their lives. My doctor asked if I would come back early next year to give a follow-up talk to the group. I am so grateful that I can make a difference in other peoples' lives.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Glad your talk went well. I think real life experiences are so motivating for the people involved. You can really help to make a difference. I'm glad your doctor thinks that way, too.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Hi Seabreezes,

Thanks, I feel the same way too. We shall see what it all brings.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Dinner: Shrimp fried 'rice' (cauliflower) w/stir fry veggies +shirataki noodles (2/3)
S/C Total: 4/4

So far the 24 hour fasts are working fine. I don't miss my lunches at all! I have more energy too. I am going to need the extra boost of energy.

Last night we e-mailed and mailed the menu and planned activities to our families. We started receiving responses almost immediately from the email group.

All of the major shopping is done. My mother, SIS, SILs, BFFs and 2 nieces are helping me with the decorating, setup, cooking, serving and wrap-up. I am thankful for the help. DH has help from the Papas, couple of buddies, his brothers and who knows else. His friends drop by whenever, whatever... They will help move furniture, setup seating, etc.

We already started getting things moved and organized for family that will arrive this weekend. We are hosting my DH's Uncle and Aunt; my great Aunt. Other out of town family members will be hosted with members of both our families. This was planned prior to the change in venue which is good news to us. A few have opted to reserve hotel rooms.

This evening, I will have 'chinese' with our holiday party group. We will start wrapping up plans for the big TG brunch that is held each year. I'm not sure if I will be able to attend, but I want to do my part tho'.

Happy Hummppp Dayyyyyyyyy!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #192

I too like the feeling of emptiness when fasting. I know that it is reallyhunger when I get that feeling.

Dinner sounds delish.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Dinner: Baked seasoned chicken breast(s) +steamed broccoli +wild rice (3/2)
Dessert(at the game): HM SF hot chocolate w/HWC + 85% cacao+cashew squares (5/3)
S/C Total: 8/5

It's game night for the kiddoes.I'll take a thermos of my hot chocolate and cacao nut squares to 'snack' on. The popcorn and hot dogs won't be able to compete with these goodies. There is nothing like being prepared.

Happy Thursday!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #194

Happy Thursday, Karai.
I might hit my tea stash, I haven't enjoyed any in a long time.

I'm looking forward to making some of Lauren's crunchy no bake low carb snack bars for on the road. What are these Cacao nut squares? Do you make them yourself?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Hi Metqa, yes I make the cacao and nut squares. 'Not much to them, but they taste good. I melt 85% cacao (chocolate), add truvia, chopped cashews or walnuts...whatever nuts I have on hand. I pour the melted mixture into silicon candy pans (shaped like squares or circles). Then, I let the set in the 'frig overnight.

What are Lauren's crunchy no bake low carb snack bars? They 'sound' interesting.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Weigh Day

Dinner: Shrimp w/Garlic-n-Butter Sause +side salad w/LC dressing (DH is cooking tonight). (5/3)
Dessert: Clemmy's Ice cream O's (0/2)
S/C Total: 5/5
Exercise: 30 minutes resistance training

It's Day!

The 24 hour fasts worked. I lost 2.8 lbs! So, I can breath a sigh of relief for this week. 'Don't know what my body was doing last week. My guess is that it was trying to decide to maintain or plateau. I think I got more calories in doing the longer fasts than not. Whatever the case, I am glad I say a whoosh.

This morning, I went shopping in my closet again and found a cute corduroy ribbed skirt that I haven't worn in a LONG time...Years! And, it is still in style. Also, I am wearing matching tights. Lord, 60+ lbs ago, I would haven't have attempted to put my thighs into tights. But, today...they are feeling really good. I am so motivated.

Well, I will leave work early today and head home to get things ready for our guests and the upcoming family Thanksgiving dinner.

My plan is to enjoy the time, but stay within my 15/6 BFC ratio as close as is possible. I'll be realistic tho', it is likely that I will go over. But, my plan is to weigh myself everyday to keep my head in the game.

I probably won't be online for a while. I that hope everyone enjoy the time with their loved ones as we all reflect on things for which we are thankful.

Have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #197

Have a Great Time. If you get this before you go offline.
You'll have to google the Crunchy No Bake bars as Lauren now sells a cookbook and her site address is banned from LCF. I could post the recipe, but I want you to check out the site for adjustments since I make it different everytime.

I'm glad you could go closet shopping. I have a whole wardrobe I've been missing out on and would love to be able to "shop my closet" again instead of wearing the same thing straight from the laundry hanger!

I'm glad the fast netted you 2 lbs loss, that's great. I think I should take my scale with me on Holiday and keep weighing each day so there are no surprises when I get back home! LOL
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Nice number Karai! You're on the downside of the nineties Just wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey Metqa
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Hi, Karai! Glad to see the talk went so well! Congrats on the weight-loss! Have a lovely Thanksgiving.
Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Metqa, Terri, Yvonne and Seabreezes, thanks and I hope you each had a wonderful TG! Ours was very eventful...the usual sort of excitement and angst.

It's good to be back online too. I had to pretty much 'go at it alone' to stay the course. No one was in a moderation mood...even DH! I partook of a few goodies...to the minimum. Overall, I did good because I did NOT gain!

Yay!! The daily weighing worked.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Thank Goodness...Thanksgiving is Over!

Well, the Thanksgiving holiday is over. It came and went fast! The bad news is that I ate some off-program foods. The good news is that I did not gain weight. I think the daily scale bout kept me from over doing it with the 'goodies'. Actually to tell the real story of it all...I really didn't enjoy the off-program stuff (mostly sweets). I felt terrible after eating them. Plus, I hated the sugary taste of them. Yuck!

I made Metqa's Jalepeno cranberry relish. It was so good The folks kept asking me about it. So, I ended up giving out the recipe to several people. Again, thanks Metqa!

I also tried a dark chocolate brownie recipe sweetened with fruit juice (made with the Vmix). The brownies were the first dessert to go. I think I got this recipe from the Paleo thread here at LCF.

I've pretty much stayed the same weight since 11/22/13's weigh-in. Now that is amazing. I had to delay my liver flush for this week, tho'. I just could not fit the actual flush in with all of the stuff that had to be done.

I started back IF'ing on Sunday. I am fasting until noon. Here are my menus for the next few days. I will be doing some traveling for work, and may not be able to get online as often as I'd like.

Today's Menu (Tuesday)
Herbal Tea
L: Spaghetti squash+ baked flounder +steamed broccoli florets (4/1)
D: Chicken 'fajitas' wrapped in lettuce cups (3/2)

Tomorrow's Menu (Wednesday)
Herbal Tea
L: Subway veggie salad w/my LC dssg (5/1)
D: Meat and 2 veggies (3/2)
Water w/lemon +malic acid (prepping for a liver cleanse)
Herbal Tea

Thursday's Menu
Herbal Tea
L: Salad w/meat and LC dssg (4/1)
D: Meat and 2 veggies (3/2)

Exercise: Work-out in the hotel's gym at least 1 hour/day.

During my 'off' time, I plan to finish up Christmas shopping.

Have a on-target week!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (Vitamin Water) (1/0)
L: Chicken Salad on Ezekial Bread + Side Salad w/oil & vinegar (2/2)
D: Pork Chops + Apple Sauce + Collards (5/1)
S/C Total: 10/4
Water: 64 oz
Exercise: none

I arrived home Saturday evening due to the winter storm Cleavon. It was tricky travel for awhile with all of the flight cancellations. But, DH and the kiddoes were waiting for me at the terminal. Unfortunately, I was not able to hide all of the presents that I bought. So, there won't be but a few surprises on Christmas Day.

Friday, I weighed myself twice...on the hotel's ladies room's scale and on the scale located in their gym. The scales did not agree. The LR scale indicated that I gained 0.2 lbs. The gym scale indicated that I remained the same weight from last week. So, I am going with the gym scale. The truth will be told at this Friday's weigh in.

I started drinking "vitamin water" last week. And, so far I like how it tastes. Plus, I don't have swallow all of the capsule and pill type of supplements. It is pre-mixed and just needs to be dissolved in liquid. One serving has 1 gram of sugar tho'. I drink it hot or cold. Either way, it is has a tropical punch flavor. Very good...

There is still a lot of Christmas-stuff to do. DH hung about 85% of the outdoor decorations while I was away. We flipped the switch last night. I have to give DH his kudos. He did a great job. It looks like winter wonderland. And, the kiddoes could not wait to see everything light up. The indoor decorations are almost complete too. I still have a few odds and ends to do. But, is definitely looking a lot like Christmas.

Happy Monday,
Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #204

speaking of decorations, I saw the cutest thing on Pinterest. Someone took tall vases and crystal (plastic) serving Bowls, and place the vases upside down and the bowls upside down over the vases, and it looks like crystal mushrooms sprouting from the ground. I found some of those items at the Dollar Tree, so it's totally doable on a decorating budget.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

You can't beat the neat decorations that the dollar stores have now. My mother and I shopped there before TG and picked up some nice Christmas flowers, boxes, wrapping materials, garlands. Really nice stuff for the price. Hey, neat idea from Pinterest!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

IF'd until noon (Vitamin Water) (1/0)
L: Deli-sliced Turkey w/mayo on Ezekial Bread + Side Salad w/oil & vinegar (2/2)
D: Garlic Sauteed Shrimp +LC pasta + steamed broccoli (7/4)
S/C Total: 10/6
Exercise: none

I'm still thinking about whether I should leave BFC and move to another plan. I loved the freedom and the results that I have gotten so far. I'll give it more thought with a deadline of making a decision after Christmas.

Today, I'm wearing tall shaft boots. I can even zip them without incident (zipper scathed skin). Around this time last year, there was no way that my big calves would have fit in these boots! Another shop-my-closet victory!

Happy Tuesday,
Old 12-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #207

Wow, That's great. I bet you look Hawt in those boots.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Metqa, LOL!!!

I did scamper around in them, and it felt good.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (Vitamin Water)
L: Tuna salad on a side salad w/oil & vinegar
D: Meat and veggies +LC dessert
Exercise: 1 hour cardio

Well, tonight is our group's Christmas dinner. It started out as a brunch, but with everyone's schedules, that changed. My goal is to eat LC and stay as close to 15/6 as is possible for the day.

Happy Huuuuuummmmmmmmmppppppppp Day!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (Vitamin Water) (1/0)
L: Big Cobb salad w/LC Dssg (6/2)
D: Beef Roast +riced potatoes (cauliflower w/cheese) +stuffed cabbage (2/1)
S/C Total: 9/3
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio +30 minutes resistance

I just heard the good news that my company is offering a wellness program to employees. We will get the full details next week in a briefing session. The program will be in full swing by January 1st!

Last night went well. I ate meat and veggies for dinner, and earlier a few on-plan hor d'oeuvres. I drank 1/2 glass of wine, and of course...there was dessert. But, what I ended up selecting wasn't that bad...LC pudding. Considering all of the sugar and carb-laden goodies that I could have eaten, I think overall, the BFC ratio was only slightly dented.

Happy Thursday,