Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Seabreezes, haven't you gotten good results with the water aerobics? Yes, the weather does sound like paradise.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

It's Weigh Day!

Today's Menu

24 hour fast w/green smoothies
D: LC BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole wheat tortilla +jicama fries +side salad
Exercise: 1 hour cardio

It's Day!

I lost 1.4 lbs. I'm not too excited about it. But...I will take it. I won't interpret it as an approach to the plateau because this is the first time in a while that I have lost less than 2 lbs in a week. So, I think next week will tell the tale. It may be that I took in more carbs than in previous weeks, or I am not getting enough fat.

Well, I will definitely go into the weekend with a renewed vigor to stay focused. And, I will forgo the brownie baking that I had planned. I need to see what is going on with the slowed losses. No need to torture myself baking goodies.

Here is the plan for next week:
-stay the IF until noon course
-stay the BFC course, BUT have protein shakes for lunch
-eliminate the 24 hour fasts
-reduce carbs--eat more protein and fat w/veggies for dinner
-increase water intake back to 80 oz
-exercise 5 times/week @ minimum 1 hour per session

Happy TGIF and weekend,
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Seabreezes, haven't you gotten good results with the water aerobics? Yes, the weather does sound like paradise.
I love exercising in the water. I do my own thing now, but have taught the exercises in the past. I have a very bad back so this is the best option for me.

My DH bought me a Vitamix yesterday. Yay! I'm going to try some green smoothies. Of course, he initiated it with strawberry margaritas, but did use sugare free margarita mix!

We have dinner out one night this weekend and Sunday breakfast, which we always do, but know what I will have.

Have you tried Jorge's chocolate cake in a mug for some chocolate taste? Not quite a brownie, though! I thought I might try it. I don't do much baking of any kind anymore. Hubby does most of the cooking as I was hit by a car last year while vacationing in Turkey and my right elbow and hand were shattered. They are not very usable and I am right handed. I do quite well, all things considered and am fortunate to be alive so do not complain. I just get frustrated at times!

This years travels took us to Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. We do love to wander the world. We are also very senior citizens!

Have a great weekend.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Karai,
Congrats on the new belt!!! Very exciting milestone.

Why eliminate the 24 hour fast? Just curious.

Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Seabreezes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I love exercising in the water. I do my own thing now, but have taught the exercises in the past. I have a very bad back so this is the best option for me.
The water aerobics sound invigorating. I split my cardio between programmed treadmill, elliptical and zumba. Some time in the future, I may sit in on my gym's aerobics class. Nice change of things.

Quote:
My DH bought me a Vitamix yesterday. Yay! I'm going to try some green smoothies. Of course, he initiated it with strawberry margaritas, but did use sugare free margarita mix!
Now, that is the best way to christen the VM!

Quote:
We have dinner out one night this weekend and Sunday breakfast, which we always do, but know what I will have.

Have you tried Jorge's chocolate cake in a mug for some chocolate taste? Not quite a brownie, though! I thought I might try it. I don't do much baking of any kind anymore. Hubby does most of the cooking as I was hit by a car last year while vacationing in Turkey and my right elbow and hand were shattered. They are not very usable and I am right handed. I do quite well, all things considered and am fortunate to be alive so do not complain. I just get frustrated at times!
I heard about the chocolate cake in a mug. One of my co-workers sent the recipe to me. There are a couple of versions of this cake. I think Jorge did a You tube video on one. Btw, he has a nice library of videos there.

On the brighter side of things, beyond the frustration, your family and friends still have you in their lives. And, it is my fortune that I've 'met' you.

Quote:
This years travels took us to Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. We do love to wander the world. We are also very senior citizens!
That is the best time to reap the benefits of a lifetime, and travel this beautiful world! The places where you've visited are so lovely.

Last edited by Karai; 10-21-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Karai,
Congrats on the new belt!!! Very exciting milestone.

Why eliminate the 24 hour fast? Just curious.

Yvonne
Yvonne,

Thanks, it is exciting. I may get another one in a different color.

I am eliminating what I think could be slowing my weight loss. I drank green smoothies during my 24 hour 'fast' which exceeded my sugar and carb values (15/6). By starting here, I will be able to see if I need to continue using them in my regimen, or make mods. My next weigh-ins should give me an idea of what to do...

Last edited by Karai; 10-21-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (herbal tea w/CO)
L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake w/LS berries +flax oil (5/1)
D: Meat and Egg 'Pizza' +side salad (3/2)
S/C Total: 8/3
Water: 80 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio + 30 minutes resistance

Over the weekend, my feeding window did not open until 2:00 p.m. But, closed the usual 6:00 p.m. which reduced my eating period to 4 hours each day.

Some of my co-workers have started a lunch-time walking group. This is a great idea to stay active during the cooler months. I plan to join in on the days that I miss my workout or just want the extra carb burn. Everyone is so revv'd up about staying fit during and after the holidays. For those of us who have already experienced cooler temps *and* have pulled out our sweaters and coats, we know that one day, these bulky items will have to come off. And, any excess weight that we've been hiding will no longer be our little secret.

Happy Monday,
Old 10-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I know this is gonna sound crazy Karai, but do you think you are getting enough calories? You don't eat anything! I know from my reserach on IF, a 14 hour fast will benefit women and a 16 hour will benefit men. Is it that your not hungry that you don't eat?
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I know this is gonna sound crazy Karai, but do you think you are getting enough calories? You don't eat anything! I know from my reserach on IF, a 14 hour fast will benefit women and a 16 hour will benefit men. Is it that your not hungry that you don't eat?
Hi MtoM , no that doesn't sound crazy at all. I thought I was eating too much pre October 16th. I was eating two meals per day. And, sometimes I would have a nice dessert. Since I don't count calories, I am not exactly sure about how many I have been getting with each meal. But, I can up my carb servings to at least 4-5 per day. I've been staying way below the required 6 servings.

It depends on what I have planned for the day is if I feel hungry or not. If I have a lot appointments and running around to do, then I get hungry, otherwise for the most part, I am okay.

Also, I just started the protein shakes last week as a sub for my breakfast. Now, I have really reduced my carbs and calories. So far, even with IF, I don't get physically hungry until noon (that is if I have a nice hearty dinner the night before).
Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake w/LS berries +flax oil (5/1)
D: Grilled Ribeye w/2 Eggs over easy cooked in butter + sauteed kale (2/2)
Dessert: 85% dark chocolate w/HWC (0/1)
S/C Total: 7/4
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio + 30 minutes resistance

BFC-IF Tip: I mentioned this tip casually in a previous post. But I thought it was worth revisiting. Food that causes bloat should be minimized or better yet, avoided. On my BFC journey, I learned that too much s'mores and SF cheesecake do make me feel and look bloated the next day. I expected to get a pushback from the s'mores, but not from the SF cheesecake...well kinda. The cheesecake had sugar alcohols...so I guess I closed my eyes and opened my mouth to it. Also, some folks are sensitive to SF gum. So, watch the sugar alcohols. And, if a food makes you feel bloated...well, it's time to re-think having it in your meals.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake w/LS berries +flax oil (5/2)
I added a TBSP of chia seeds to kick-it-up a notch.
D: Huge Cobb Salad w/butter milk ranch dssg +oven fried chicken (3/2)
S/C Total: 8/4

BFC is definitely working. During this morning's shower, I noticed that one of my folds is gone! You know that extra flap of around-the-middle flub that forms when your gut gets too big... Yeah, that one. Well, I am very happy to report, I only have 1-1/2 left. The main flubb-a-dubb is gone. No wonder I am wearing smaller belt and pant sizes. Plus, I am getting winks from guys that I don't know. I told DH about the winks, and he grimaced.

Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by Karai; 10-23-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great!

Thanks for the replies on my post to you. I do have a wonderful life.

I managed to keep sugar low yesterday and was rewarded with a loss. Today is a DD ala JUDDD so salad and grilled chicken are on the horizon. I'll be out of the house most of the day so won't be near the kitchen...Yay

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Seabreezes, major kudos on the weightloss! I know that you are feeling really good about that kind of reward.

Your meal sounded delicious. I love easy and tasty grilled chicken w/salad..yum. I hope you had wonderful no-kitchen day.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (usual herbal tea w/CO)
L:UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake +flax oil +chia seeds (2/2)
D: Chicken and 'noodles' (shirataki) +grilled asparagus +steamed broccoli (3/1)
Snack: Cashews (2/2)
S/C Total: 7/5
Exercise: 1 hour resistance

This evening, DH and I are headed to the kiddoes' game. I am prepared to enjoy the atmosphere, and not be overcome by the smell of hot roasted snacks! I have my cashews in hand and ready to cheer and jeer!

BFC-IF Tip: Be prepared. Have snacks ready to go when attending events where there are competing snacks. Nuts, non-starchy veggies, seeds, LC chips, flax crackers, etc are good options to have on hand when socializing includes snacking.

Happy Thursday,
Old 10-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Weigh In Day

Today's Menu

IF until 2:00 p.m. (herbal tea w/CO)
L: Vanilla UNSW Almond Milk +chia seeds +almonds +strawberries (5/1)
D: Tilapia +cabbage +zucchini +wild rice (3/2)
Dessert: 85% chocolate w/HWC (2/1)

I am IF'ing until 2:00 pm today because I had to extend my eating window by a couple of hours last night. We got home a little later than usual after the game. Btw, the kiddoes' team eeked it out by a small margin. A few of our team-moms are on the 5/2 diet and JJ Virgin's plan. We had a good time talking about our WOEs, and plan to get together as a support group for the holidays. The more support, the better! This time of the year can be very challenging. I welcome the extra garrison.

Today is Day!!!

Karai is wiping her brow...phewww! I tell ya, I really was starting to sweat at the thought that I would have to re-com-bobulate my WOE in order to avert a long coming plateau. But, instead I am overjoyed to report that my tweaks this week made the difference. I lost 3.0 lbs!!!!! And, it's not water! It's all F.A.T.

In retrospect, getting rid of the sweet green smoothies, upping my fats and, duh, exercising consistently, did it for me this week. Plus, I didn't eat the brownies, s'mores and other chocolate delights that usually call out to me. Though faint, I can still hear their whispers.

This takes me very close to ONEDERLAND. I think I can do this. I believe that I can reach under 200 lbs *before* Thanksgiving!
...Karai does her handy calculations... I am now down 60 lbs. ...Karai does another jig!...

I have been revv'd up all day. But, I need to keep focused because I still have a ways to go to reach goal. Then, there is maintenance. While I am celebrating inside, and with a smile outside, I know that this is the slippery slope time where falling-off-of-the-wagon can creep in. Motivation and focus are my two sustaining words.

Next week, I am staying the course, focusing on eating more protein/veggie/fat meals. I don't expect a big loss tho' no matter what I do...but, I do want A loss. Btw, sorry for the extra long post. I am not usually this verbose. I am very happy with today's weigh in.

Happy TGIF and I do mean TGIF, and weekend!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
WTG Karai
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

It really is amazing what just cutting out most sugars can do for the body!

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Seabreezes and Terri. Thanks for the kudos and kind words.

Grrrrrrrr...sugar!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Menu Today

IF until noon (coffee, herbal tea, lots of water w/MCT)
L: Ham Steak w/scrambled egg (2/0)
D: Beef Roast +cauliflower 'rice' w/gravy +cabbage (3/1)
S/C Total: 5/1
Exercise: none

Well, it is Monday again. 'Not a fan of Mondays. I stayed the course over the weekend. So, I am starting the week focused.

My weekend was pretty grueling tho'. On Saturday, the team-moms got together at a coffee house to talk plans, and later we went for a hike in one of the area parks. The hiking and chit-chatting felt good while I was doing them, but wheeeewwwwww, I still feel it in the backs of my legs, sides, hips...all over since then. We made several sharp inclines...it is a wonder. I'm just thankful that I've been upping my incline settings on the treadmill. I wouldn't have made it up those inclines had I not used the hiking program on the gym's treadmill. And, can you imagine trying to chug 60 extra pounds up those trails...it wouldn't have happened.

Next Saturday we start a running program for the group. One of the lady's husbands is a trainer. He plans to get us started with a beginner's running regimen. I like that idea. I don't run on the treadmill. So, this will be a good change. Plus over time, if I keep it up, I can get out in the early a.m. and take a run instead of hitting the gym. It would be a nice change to mix things up each day...run, gym, zumba, lunch walk, etc....keep my body guessing.

Today, I will meet with my doctor to discuss "the talk" to her patient group. I am looking forward to getting involved with this. We shall see how things go.

Happy Monday,
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
You'll have to leave a "blank" in the "I have lost...." part of you speech. Who knows how much it will be by then
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
You'll have to leave a "blank" in the "I have lost...." part of you speech. Who knows how much it will be by then
Hi Terri, thanks for dropping by. You are spot on...my doctor suggested giving a round about amount, e.g. "I've lost around 60 lbs". I am set to speak to the group the week before Thanksgiving. So, hopefully I will have a higher loss to share.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (herbal tea w/MCT--dropped my morning coffee!!!)
L:Egg and Spinach Quiche (4/1)
D:On plan Potluck (4/2) max
Dessert: (0/1)
S/C Total: 8/4
Exercise: 30 minutes resistance + 30 minute cardio

This is a quickie post. Will spend the evening at my sister's house to make ready for the harvest dinner that she is hosting tomorrow. We are doing potluck. So, I will choose from meats and veggies. I am also bringing ingredients to make Jorge's chocolate cake in a cup.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 10-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until 6:00 p.m. (coffee and herbal tea w/MCT, water, water, water)
L: none
D: Large Cobb Salad w/LS drssg + Grilled chicken wrapped in bacon (4/3)
Dessert: BFC Chocolate cake w/Clemmy's ice cream (0/3)
S/C Total: 4/6
Exercise: 30 min cardio + 30 min resistance + lunch-time walk w/group

BFC-IF Tip: This is not quite a tip, but more of an FYI. Once you've been on BFC about 2 months and up, you will find that it is so easy to know the S/C values of a food item before looking at the nutritional info on it's label. Now, I know what values to expect from most foods without stress. But, with that in mind...don't take it for granted. Always check to make sure that you have the correct values. This will keep you from over and under estimating the true ratios. You don't want to be surprised by a bigger number on the scale as the way of finding out that you've been miscalculating the values.

Last night, I stayed within my allotted sugars and carbs at the potluck. We had a really good time. Did I ever 'say' that I love this time of the year. Yeah, I think that I did. I'll 'say' it again. I love this time of the year.

Tonight, is our group's big harvest dinner. I am leaving work early to help out. And, I've already selected what I will eat from the menu.

Happy HUUUUUMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP DAY!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

How did the chocolate cake come out? Did you use the most recent recipe?

You are really doing great!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
How did the chocolate cake come out? Did you use the most recent recipe?

You are really doing great!
Seabreezes. Yes, I used his latest recipe that has the 0/0 ratio. It came out perfect because I enjoy a pudding-like center. So, I took it out of the microwave a few seconds early and let it set a minute, or so. Then, I topped it with the Clemmy's vanilla ice cream (which is a BFC recommended product). Talk about super-mega-delish! It deserves several !!

Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I really think it's people like you who help me to stay focused and determined to succeed at this.

How are you doing on JUDDD?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until 6:00 p.m. (coffee, herbal tea w/MCT and lots of H2O)
D: Shirataki noodles (cooked similar to lo-mein noodles) w/stir-fried veggies + LC sweet and sour chicken + broccoli (10/4)

BFC-IF Tip: If you are doing BFC or the 100 *and* miss the taste of ice cream...please try the SF Clemmy's ice cream desserts! I bought the half quart vanilla bean ice cream and the Clemmy O's, and do not regret it. So delicious. Half a cup has a 0/1 ratio. And, that is more than enough. But be warned. It does contained maltitol. So, if you are sensitive to it, steer clear. Otherwise, you have found a new on-plan friend.

I stuck to my plan last night and ate only what I selected from the menu. I ate 2-1/2 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and a nice amount of cobb salad. Jorge's BFC chocolate cake was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. And, I was not tempted to eat off-plan at all. And, there were MANY opportunities to inhale tons of sugar-and-carb laden food and drink . The spread was beautiful, and the fellowship was great. Did I 'say' that I love this time of the year...yep, I really do.

Well, tomorrow is weigh-in day. I will be happy with whatever loss I get.

Tonight, is family night. I will pick-up the kiddoes from school, head home, prep dinner, do some chores and enjoy the family.

Happy Thursday,
Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Recipe Box: Mock-O Bell Steak Tacos

Source: JUDDD forum

Mock-O Bell Steak Tacos by Dottie

Steak:
4oz very lean sirloin steak, sliced in half so you have 2 thin pieces
2 tsp chili powder you like
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or garlic salt, omit salt then)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp salt
pinch of mexican oregano, crushed, if you can fine it. If not, leave it out

Toppings:
1oz avocado
2T walden farms ranch dressing
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 small tomato, diced
1oz diced onion
2T 2% shredded cheddar cheese

"Tortilla":
1 Joseph's or other low-carb pita, split into 2 rounds

-Mix the spices and rub on the steak, set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes.
-Blend the avocado and dressing, add a little pepper, set aside.
-Heat a skillet or foreman type grill. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sear the steak about 1 minute on each side.
-Cook an additional minute if it's not cooked as much as you like.
-Slice thinly and divide among the 2 "taco" rounds.
-Top with the remaining ingredients.
*I didn't include salsa, but you can mix 1T into the avocado ranch dressing for 5 more calories*

Whole recipe makes 2 tacos:
318 calories; 14.3g fat; 17g carbs; 7.6g fiber; 36.3g protein
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the chocolate cake was yummy. I will have to try it. Whole Foods carries Clemmy's here. Haven't had any for a while. Will have to try it again.

I've been following JUDDD for quite some time now. I don't get every other day in as low cal, but do try for at least 2 really low cal days a week. Three is better. Today is a DD, or down day calorie wise. We went to a fabulous 70th birthday party for a friend last night. I ate low carb until the cupcakes came out for desert. However, they weren't large and I left most of the frosting!

I also like waiting until noon to start eating.

I would like to lose a bit more weight, but I am at a weight that is doable for me. I just don't want to gain anything and that is the trial!

Hubby bought me a Vitamix last week. I had been eyeing one for quite a while. I'm going to have a pumpkin smoothie with almond milk shortly. Should be tasty!

Happy Halloween!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad to 'hear' that you and DH enjoyed yourselves at the party.

Trying to maintain losses this time of the year is extra tough. There are so many parties, catered lunches, dinners, kitchenette treats (left on the counter tops at work)...It is tough. But, hey we can do it! We can NOT gain weight this holiday season. The least we can do is to maintain what we've lost.

Congrats on getting the VM. DH has one too, but his is 'last year's' model (as he puts it). It doesn't have variable speed control that he covets on the newer model. But, it works very well for our purposes (as I reminded him). He loves gadgets.

Enjoy the pumpkin smoothie. It 'sounds' filling and delicious.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Weigh Day

Today's Menu

IF until noon (coffee and tea w/MCT)
L: Salad w/lettuce, tomato, chopped ham, eggs, dssg (3/1)
D: Leftover LC Chinese (Shirataki noodles (cooked similar to lo-mein noodles) w/stir-fried veggies + LC sweet and sour chicken + broccoli (5/2)
S/C Total: 8/3
Supplements
Exercise: 1 hour walk with the lunch group

It's Day!

As expected I didn't whoosh it out. I lost 1.6 lbs. So, as usual, I will take it. And, it looks like I am easing towards onederland. Surely next week, I will travel there...fingers crossed.

'Staying the course for the next 2 weeks. I am considering IF'ing from 6:00 pm to 6:00 pm everyday during the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. I tried it a couple of days here and there this week, and it was okay. We shall see...it all depends on my results hereafter.

DH and the kiddoes will attend a weekend fathers' and sons' retreat. And, I am bushed from a busy week. So, I plan to run errands, do chores, relax and, then, do some batch cooking for the upcoming week. 'Not the most exciting weekend, but I'll get in a little down time.

TGIF again!