Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Weigh Day

Today's Menu

24 hour fast
B: (decaf coffee w/hwc)
L:Green Smoothie
D:Green Smoothie
Breaking of fast: (6:00-9:00 pm) eat small snacks of meat, cheese, eggs, veggies, berries

It's Day!

Today is my second 24 hour fast. So far, I am feeling really groovy. I've been drinking a ton of water in addition to the coffee and smoothies. Today is also weigh day. I did good. I lost just over 3 lbs~ 3.3 lbs. Yay! I will take it. It's not the WHOOSH that I wanted, but a loss is a loss. At least I am going in the right direction...AND...no plateau! I am happy.

Here is next week's plan...stay the course. I'll do the green smoothies every other day, tho'.

We will do some traveling for the next few days...going to see old friends. The kiddoes have been making ready for this small trip for weeks. I think it will be a nice outing for us. I plan to continue IF'ing until noon each day of the trip. Our friends are privy to our WOE. I think we even may have some converts.

Have a wonderful TGIF and weekend!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Have a great trip. Congrads on another great week!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cnelson316
3 lbs is pretty great! Thanks for posting your menus
cnelson316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Terry and Cnelson! Thanks for dropping by. I am back. Man, did I need that time away from work. While I am feeling slow in getting back to 'the regimen of life', I'm getting there. We had a pleasant time. No push back on the way that we eat, no judgement, just a good time. The kiddoes had time for swimming, fishing, boating, hiking and of course... games. Our friends rent a lake home from August-October in the Northeast. They were wrapping up their time there, and invited us to spend a few days with them during the kiddoes' fall break. We missed the past 2 summers there, but fortunately things worked out where we could get together this year.

I think I did OK on plan. I stayed within my 6 hour feeding window. I did have a couple of s'mores. So, I went over the 15/6 ratio at least once. They sure were good. Other than eating those finger-licking good s'mores, I did OK.
Exercise wise...we hiked 3 miles on a couple of days and swam each day. That was the gist of my activity.

Our friends did some reading on the 5:2 fast before we arrived. The were very interested in fasting and primal eating. Both are about 20-30 lbs over their 'normal' weight. So, they should be able to get good results fairly quickly. The thing is that they plan to wait until the first of year to start. DH tried to encourage them to start now...but, they felt that it would be better to enjoy the holidays and start a clean slate in January. A lot of people think that way. But, to each his/her own. You have to do what works for you.

Well, it's good to be back. I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone. It wasn't gone that long...but it sure feels like it.

Happy Hump Day,
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (with herbal tea)
L: Chicken Salad on lettuce cups (2/0)
D: Egg Hash on seasoned ground beef (3/2)
S/C Total: 5/2
Water: 80 oz
Exercise: 1 hour cardio + 20 minutes resistance (got to the gym late today...didn't get all of my resistance training in)

BFC-IF Tip: When traveling, prepare your snacks in ziplock baggies, plastic containers, or vacuum packed bags per serving sizes and mark the S/C values on each. This way, you will know what and how much you are eating. Snacking can be tricky because it's easy to eat more than what you intend. I packed up all of my snacks in ziplock bags, marked each one with the S/C values and separated them by the day. Once I ran out of the Saturday's snacks...that was it for that day. Sunday's snacks wouldn't be touched until Sunday noon and so on. This helped me a lot.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

(IF until noon...I'm trying a new herbal tea by The Republic of Tea. It is supposed to be good for detoxing.)

L:Chicken Soup w/shirataki noodles + side salad (4/1)
D:Ham and Eggs w/cauliflower hash browns (3/1)
Snack: 85% chocolate squares w/cashews (2/2)
S/C Total: 9/7
Water: 64 oz
Exercise: 1 hour cardio + 30 minutes resistance

DH made a huge batch of his 'infamous' chicken noodle soup. It is so delicious and just perfect for this time of year. I dropped a container of it off at my sister's house before work. Her family loves it too.

I need to restock and do some batch cooking (this weekend). Until then, I think we will eat mostly M&E.

Yesterday, SIL received in the mail a box of brownies from David's Cookies. She offered to drop some by for the kiddoes. How nice. I will put them in lunches and freeze the rest. I will do some product searching on netrition.com for their LC version of brownies. I 'hear' they have some good ones. These will come in handy for the holidays.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Talk to Tashy & Lil,
They gave me some HEAVENLY recipes for low carb baked goods over on the Primal thread. They taught me that using a little fruit makes all the difference. Better by leaps and bounds than anything I have even bought packaged. Totally holiday worthy. I'm hoping they have a brownie recipe too my favorite!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Terri, that is a good idea...using fruit. I popped over to the Primal thread earlier and saw all of the delish recipes that they were posting. Will make another trip over. I'll ask about the brownies...anything lower in carbs, sugar, close to natural *and* tastes good is a winner in my book! Thanks!

I have faced it, as much as I am motivated to keep the losses coming, I do want to partake in the holiday goodies too. So, if I can eat modified versions of them, or eat in moderation, things should go okay.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Weigh Day

Today's Menu

Third 24 hour fast w/green smoothies. The fast ends at 6:00 p.m. today.

D: (Breaking of fast) Arugula salad w/LC raspberry drssg +baked ham +fried egg
Exercise: 1 hour cardio +30 minutes resistance

Today is Day!

I won't do a teaser. I lost 2.6 lbs. to my great surprise. I just knew those s'mores would throw a monkey wrench in the program. But hmm...they seemed to have helped! My body is in guessing mode. I know eventually it will catch up with me...I suppose. But, until then I will take each loss as a victory. My BFF says that I could have loss more if I had stayed on the straight-and-narrow. She seems to think that the small detours that I make with off-plan treats have reduced my potential losses. Maybe...but I don't know that...they could help them. In the past, I would never lose weight every week no matter how I walked the straight-and-narrow on a single plan. But this time is different. The BFC-IF-carb cycling combo is working for me here.

Well, I am happy. I will take it. So, I have made my 5th goal. That makes about 56 lbs gone buh-bye! I can see onederland in the horizon.

Wonderful TGIF to you!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well two ways to look at it my friend:
  1. Maybe you could have lost a little more, but you would have felt deprived and sorry for yourself. How long would you last that way?
  2. But I actually believe what you said about keeping your body guessing. That's what all these alternating diets are all about. The key is not to do it too often. Sometimes my problem

Big congrads on your weigh in!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Terri, we agree. I know there are diet/WOE purists who shake their index fingers at you for having a 'treat' here and there. The key is not getting to that miserable point where you feel deprived. That is a setup waiting to happen for some. While with others, well...they can go through to maintenance without a planned or unplanned slip. Thanks for the kudos. I can finally see the light at the end of the 200+ lb tunnel.

Yes, the plan mixing does have its limitations. But, you really don't know it until...well...it happens. The problem is figuring out how to get things going again. If you are close to goal, it may be more difficult for your body to move out of the re-balancing mode back to the losing mode. Otherwise, you just have to go with the flow and do what you know what works and wait for the change. I can imagine that it is frustrating too.

I was thinking ahead about getting some metabolic supplements to get things revved up when I hit that eventual plateau. Have you had any success with these types of supplements...L-carnitine, chromium, etc? Perhaps they can be a help as well.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

(IF until noon w/ coffee and herbal tea)
L: Roast chicken +turnip greens +cranberries (4/1)
D: Pulled pork sandwich (on ezekial bread) + coles slaw +orieda fries +side salad (5/4)
S/C Total: 9/5
Water 64 oz
Exercise: none

Today, I will visit my doctor for a 6 month check-up. I am elated about going to see her! She has no idea that I am over 50 lbs lighter! I can't wait to see the expression on her face. Plus, I am excited to find out the results of any blood work that will be done...especially the cholesterol numbers. This is one time that I feel really good about going to the doctor.

We had nice weather this past weekend. It was perfect for blowing and bagging leaves. I really worked up a sweat too. I think I burned more calories doing yard work than doing cardio. So, I skipped today's gym workout. The weekend yard workout was more than enough exercise. Plus, I did a couple of weeks of batch cooking Friday-Sunday. Our freezer is packed with meals. I don't have to worry about running out of food for a while. I even have the snacks packed up for quick grab and on-the-go times. We got a lot of things accomplished, but this girlie is pooped!

A restful Monday to us all,
Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Honestly, sorry to say I haven’t had one bit of luck with any of the supplements except HCG. And I’ve tried them all. Actually I did think the Raspberry Ketones did help a bit, just made things easier KWIM? But then I started getting heartburn from them and had to stop.

We’ll see how the keep your body guessing thing works for me. I totally blew it over the weekend and am paying for it on the scale today. Back on the straight and narrow. Hopefully the scale snaps back.

Funny story about the doctor. I used to have this nurse that would weigh me in and announce how much I had gained each time. Then when I got on low carb and was down 15 pounds she didn’t say a word. I asked her how it compared and she acted like I was asking for something special for her to check and quietly and disgustingly admitted I was down. I realized at that point it had always been about her not me. Just like your neighbor. People get mean when you succeed.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Terri, you are spot on about it. Some people can get a 'thing' (weird obsession) about you, and transfer their issues/problems to you. You become their target instead of them looking in their own mirror.

They relish in your failure but envy in your success. Their real names are HATERS.

So, the bottom line is...it's not about you...it's about them and their own problems. It's easier to blame others rather than taking personal responsibility. A lot of people are like that...

The scale will snap back. I have found that upping my carbs has helped with my losses. Don't beat yourself up! Keep on moving and stay motivated. Tweak everyday until you get where you want to be.

Btw, I bought the raspberry ketones too. I have the GreenWeb ones that I got from Walmart. On the heartburn, I'll watch out for that...it's last thing I need!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do they have Green Tea in them? Those are the ones I liked the best. Good luck!

Aren't we fortunate to find ourselves in a "Hater Free" zone
Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

************YOU HAVE NOW ENTERED THE HATER- FREE ZONE*************

Terri, yes my raspberry ketones contain (2 capsules):
Raspberry ketones 500 mg
African Mango 500 mg (dunno what this is)
Proprietary blend 400 mg of green tea extract, cocoa extract, L-carnitine
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a new combo. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Sounds like a new combo. Let me know what you think.
Will do. I will start taking them next month since I don't plan to change my WOE much. The ketones may keep the losses coming (especially since I do plan to partake of some holiday goodies.)
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

(IF until noon +coffee and water)
L: Egg and Turkey Sausage omelet (nice size) (1/0)
D: Beef roast +cabbage +brown rice (3/2)
S/C Total: 4/2
Exercise: 30 min cardio + 30 min resistance

BFC-IF Tip: If you are like me and cannot sleep with a growling stomach, this is especially the case since I started IF'ing, then I recommend keeping a small cup of UNSW almond milk on the night stand. When your stomach starts growling or gurggling over into the wee hours, take a sip of the milk. This will settle your stomach and get you a good night's sleep. This has been a saver for me many times. Back in the pre-LC day, I would have gotten up and raided the cabinets and fridge. Now, I am more than satisfied with my sips of almond milk. Try it. FYI, I keep a small cold pack wrapped around the cup in order to keep the milk cool.

Well, here is my update on the side-show doctor's visit...yes, sideshow. I felt like I was "in" the circus the entire time that I was in the office. My doctor's mouth dropped opened when she saw me. She looked astonished and asked me several times what I did to lose "all of that weight".

She took me around to see all of the nurses, the practice's doctors, the cleaning lady, the hotdog vendor, etc (I am being facetious about the cleaning lady and hotdog guy). But, instead of it taking 1 hour to get out there, it took almost 2 hours because of the show-and-tell time that we spent. Finally, the blood work was taken for cholesterol, thyroid, glucose, liver and anemia profile. I will receive the results in a few days, or so.

After all of the shenanigans, I did feel good about the now normal blood pressure and the smaller number on the scale. This keeps me so motivated.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that's a circus you can handle
Old 10-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Now that's a circus you can handle
Yeah, it was okay. I liked making a joke of it. Btw, my doctor called me today and asked if I would consider giving a "talk" to one of her obesity groups. I told her I would be honored, but with the caveat that I am still on the journey to maintenance. We will meet next week to talk more about what is needed. Out of all of this, I can help others who are where I was, and others who are on their way to where I am going.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Yeah, it was okay. I liked making a joke of it. Btw, my doctor called me today and asked if I would consider giving a "talk" to one of her obesity groups. I told her I would be honored, but with the caveat that I am still on the journey to maintenance. We will meet next week to talk more about what is needed. Out of all of this, I can help others who are where I was, and others who are on their way to where I am going.
Wow, how exciting! It's great that your doc acknowledged your efforts and your results.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
What a fantastic experience at the doctor's--and what a great doctor to look at your success with an open mind. She couldn't have picked a better person to motivate her weight loss group. Since butter is our friend, maybe you should start measuring your success another way. I wonder how many Krispy Kreme donuts would weigh 62 pounds.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
What a fantastic experience at the doctor's--and what a great doctor to look at your success with an open mind. She couldn't have picked a better person to motivate her weight loss group. Since butter is our friend, maybe you should start measuring your success another way. I wonder how many Krispy Kreme donuts would weigh 62 pounds.

Pat
Or Twinkies?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Yvonne, thanks for dropping by. My doctor is very result oriented. That is why she got so excited when she saw me. She's pretty opened-minded too. And, is always willing to do research on and implement alternative methods to traditional medicine. I was fortunate to find her. Although I will be outside of my comfort zone...public speaking...I feel fortunate to share my journey with others. I hope it works out.

Pat and Terri, you are so funny!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (herbal tea)
L: Vanilla Protein Shake with berries (5/1)
D: Baked Flounder +steamed broccoli w/cheese + wild rice (2/2)
Dessert: SF cheesecake (0/2)
S/C Total: 7/5
Exercise: 30 min cardio + 30 min resistance

BFC-IF Tip: This morning I discovered an efficiency tip. I have a 5 cup coffee maker that I just started using to save a buck-eighty-five each day (Mickie D's large coffee). That can add up over the span of a month. Well, instead of using the maker for coffee, I put in a couple of tea pods and brewed 20 oz of tea within 5 minutes. I poured it into my handy tumbler and hit the road. That tea never tasted so good before. Prior to this, I would boil water in a kettle that I had a work and steep my tea bags in my tumbler for about 15 minutes. The new way is much better!

It's HUMP DAY! Oh yeah! And, it's girls' night out. A bunch of us have been getting together twice a month since last month to plan for the holidays. We do party, treat and gift exchanges from Halloween/Harvest through New Years Day. It is a really neat concept. I like the idea of rotating gatherings at each person's home. My SIS drew the Harvest dinner. So, we will talk about the whatevers tonight at the restaurant. I'm doing a light lunch to make ready for the flounder meal and SF cheesecake dessert. YUM!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hi Karai,

I just read your journal and got my Belly Fat Cure book off the shelf. You sre REALLY doing well!

I have put on a couple of pounds after a summer of traveling and I think this will be fun to go back to. I do the IF with JUDDD, but seem to have too many things going on for my down days to work. With the holidays coming, BFC should be quite simple for me. We will see!

I picked up his recent book where basically no sugar was allowed, but thought it a bit too restricting so returned it.

Again, thanks for the effort you put into your journal with all of your meals and tips.

I see where you had a Loco Moco.....any Hawaiian there? It is quite popular here.

Hugs
Old 10-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Hi Seabreezes, I love your avatar. It is so pretty! Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. Very nice...where did you travel to this Summer?

Welcome to BFC. I agree that it is the best option to glide through the holidays without rolling-off-of-the-wagon. You can basically turn any meal into a BFC one. I love the freedom and results that I have with this WOE. The IF'ing makes life so much easier for me. I don't have to worry about late night snacking or what to eat for breakfast anymore. What a relief!

Jorge's new book is rather complex to me. I didn't 'bond' with it as I did with BFC. So, I didn't take too much time considering it. It just seemed to me that he was trying to stay relevant by putting another book on the market just to have one out. I wish he would have spent his efforts in building on the traditional BFC. Oh well...I still have my book.

I am glad that you find the tips helpful. Feel free to jump in anywhere in the BFC group. We have a lot of people that read the posts, but don't always comment. But, they are out there! Karai is at the BFC Lurkers!!!

Ah yes, there is Hawaiian ancestry on my mother's side. Btw, we love LOCO MOCO at our house. The kiddoes can't get enough of it. I have some in the freezer for the weekend, and haven't told them about it yet.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon ( with herbal tea)
L: Chocolate Protein Shake w/strawberries (4/1)
D: Grilled Steak + grilled veggies + Ezekial roll (2/2)
S/C Total: 6/3
Exercise: 30 min cardio

Well, I got to the gym late again...so, I could only get in 30 minutes of a workout. The girls and I hung out later than planned. So, I got to bed a bit later than usual. It was tough getting up this morning. I think the SF cheesecake gave me a hangover. It tasted good, but I felt a tad bloated this a.m. SF cheesecake is off of my 'can eat' list! If it makes me feel bloated...I don't eat it anymore.

I finally got rid of one of my favorite belts. I can no longer wear it because it is too big. Yep, who would have thunk it? It's too big! Today, I am sporting my new belt that I got a couple of weeks ago. It's cute and feels good. BFC is working. My gut is so much smaller. I started measuring earlier in the BFC-game, but I stopped. My new belt is 3 sizes smaller. That is progress enough to keep me motivated.

Tomorrow is weigh day. I 'feel' like I've lost again , but the scale will tell the tale.

Happy Thursday,
Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yay for a new belt. NSV'S are almost more exciting than scale numbers as you know you are shrinking!

Just got back from an hour and a half of water aerobics. It is a perfect day here so enjoyed my morning outside.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote