Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Terri, thanks for the congrats. A BIG whew! Just didn't know what IF'ing would do. It looks like it helped. My body does not know what I'm doing, so it can't plateau me. You think?
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/decaf coffee and MCT oil
L: Beef patty w/green beans and onions (2/0)
D: Salad w/LS dssg, WW Chicken burgers (5/2)
S/C Total: 7/2
Water: 120 oz
Exercise: 1 hour cardio

I am back from the weekend snack-fest. Yeah, the mosquitoes snacked on me the entire time. We even used the citronella candles, off spray and personal thing-a-ma-jig. I still got eaten up. I doused the kiddies and myself in rubbing alcohol and salve which soothed the itching.

My food intake was good. I did eat a smores tho'. It just looked so good. After that, I was on good-girl behavior. Plus, the sugar rush was strange...didn't like it too much.

The fasting was okay too. DH did all of the cooking so, I could just sleep in and not worry about the possible temptation of taking bites here and there as I cooked . A couple cups of coffee during breakfast and fellowship with everyone, and I was good.

On the outing, I took a couple of my chicken burgers that I bought from Kroger. Weight Watcher makes them from all white meat (at least that's what the label says). You get 8 in a box, and they are 0/0 on BFC. They cooked up so well on the little grill. Pretty tasty too. So, I am having them for dinner tonight with a nice salad.

Happy Monday (if that is possible)!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/coffee
L: Chicken wrap (without tortilla) w/side salad (5/1)
D: Steak +broccoli (3/0)
S/C Total: 8/1
Water: 120 oz

I have noticed that at my gym, the number of people is dwindling. This is good considering that for certain machines (elliptical) there has always been some waiting. Now, there is no waiting...anywhere. I've been getting in and out with time to spare. On Friday, I plan to take a dancing class as my cardio. I feel that I can navigate my body better now since I am smaller. The more tonnage that I get rid of, the better my mobility becomes.

Happy Tuesday,
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (w/decaf coffee +coconut milk)
D: Meaty Pasta Bake +spinach (7/2)
Total S/C: 12/3
Water: 80 oz

BFC-IF Tip: If you are feeling confident about making your own BFC meals, or you have tried most of the menus in the book, then have fun and do it. Most meals can be BFC-converted by sticking to the basics of the plan.
1. Whole grains
2. Low sugar (=<3 per serving) and/or No-added sugar products
3. Non-starchy veggies (predominantly)
4. Sauces on the side
5. Know what you are eating...read labels or ask knowledgeable staff
6. Limit carbs (try to eat at most 2 carb servings per meal--->if eating 3 meals/day
7. Eat lower good carb foods
8. Lean meats
9. Good fats
10. Track your S/C values daily

What day is it? HUMP-DAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

A non-eventful BFC-IF day here.

Some time ago (pre-BFC), I bought one of those Genie bras a couple of sizes (circumference) smaller because I wasn't sure of the fit. Well, it didn't fit...too tight. Today, I am wearing it. And, it feels perfect...even after eating lunch! This is another non-scale victory.

Hey, ya gotta take 'em where you can find 'em.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hey Karai :
Non-scale victories are always the most meaningful and lasting!

Some what's a "carb serving"? Is it limited by typical carb counts? Does fiber count?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Karai :
Non-scale victories are always the most meaningful and lasting!

Some what's a "carb serving"? Is it limited by typical carb counts? Does fiber count?
Hi Terri

1 carb serving is: 5 to 20 grams of carbs.
2 carb servings are: 21 to 40 grams of carbs
3 carb servings are: 41 to 60 grams of carbs

You want to eat 6 or less servings of carbs/day on BFC.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (decaf coffee w/coconut milk)
L: Leftover Meaty Pasta Bake (5/2)
D:Big Grilled Chicken Salad w/dssg (8/3) ---estimated
S: NSA Fudgesicle (0/1)
Total S/C: 13/6
Water: 80 oz and some herbal tea

Today, I am wearing another top that I used to have to squeeze in...no, I couldn't even squeeze into it. . Today, it fits very loose in the sleeves and across the middle. BFC and IF are really working. I can tell too, because I am getting the "what is different about her" stares from people. These are people who work on a different floor than I do, and haven't seen me in awhile.

In a passing thought, many people take the winter to beef up while hiding under the layers of sweaters and coats...I know that is what I used to do. But, this Winter will be different. Instead, I will shrink under all of those layers, and next Spring I will peel them off revealing a slim and trim frame! I can't wait.

Sidebar: You know you have psyche yourself up to stay motivated. This is one of my secret motivators...think ahead to Spring.

Happy Thursday...one more day to go!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Karai,
Wow that's awesome, you do get to eat a lot of carbs. What about Alcohol, is that completely banned?

Do you find a big difference in results adding in the IF vs. just the BFC?

I can't wait to see your results tomorrow. You're going to kick the tail off that next goal!

I've had a bit of a challenging week. A lot of light stress related issues and just a lot hungrier than normal. I probably did more NK the FF. So we'll see how the scale fairy likes that tomorrow.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Karai,
Wow that's awesome, you do get to eat a lot of carbs. What about Alcohol, is that completely banned?
Hey Terri . Alcohol is permitted on the plan. To stay within the s/c values 4-5 oz of non-beer (wine) or up to 12 oz for beer is recommended. It's best to select the varieties that have the lowest carb/sugar counts.

Quote:
Do you find a big difference in results adding in the IF vs. just the BFC?
I've only been IF'ing for 3 weeks with BFC. But from what I can tell, I am maintaining steady losses each week at, or above 2 lbs.

Quote:
I can't wait to see your results tomorrow. You're going to kick the tail off that next goal!
Thanks, I had more losses this week. I will post in my daily comments. You are so motivating and positive. Your good energy is wonderful.

Quote:
I've had a bit of a challenging week. A lot of light stress related issues and just a lot hungrier than normal. I probably did more NK the FF. So we'll see how the scale fairy likes that tomorrow.
Karai Terri. This too shall pass. The issues will resolve. One day at a time...take care of yourself. How about a light pampering session where you spend time doing what makes you happy.

When I start feeling hungrier than usual, it's because I am either not eating enough food, or good fats, or I need extra sleep. Also, my hunger tends to increase before TOM. Herbal tea w/ almond milk or coconut milk or MCT oil helps reign in my hunger during that time.

The scale fairy will deliver for both of us! A loss is a loss...because over time they add up to a healthy trim body.

I can't wait to 'see' your results too.

Happy TGIF (it's finally here!)
Old 09-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Weigh Day

Today's Menu

IF until noon (Chai tea w/almond milk)
L: Baked Tilapia +mixed vegetables (3/1)
D: Smoked Salmon +baked potato +green beans (5/3)
Total S/C: 8/4
Exercise: 1 hour cardio---Zumba class!

BFC-IF Tip: If you can, stock up on herbal teas to drink during your fasting window. This really helps make the time go by painlessly. Plus you keep yourself hydrated. Teas are a great change if you are a coffee drinker, or not. There are different types of herbal teas that have healthful purposes to detox, calm, defog the brain, give pms relief, give energy, strengthening immune system, etc. There are a lot of great quality teas out there to try. Do your research and read the reviews from others.

It's Day--Exceeded goal. New weight is 218 lbs.

IF is really keeping the losses coming. I lost 2.4 lbs this week! I am happy. I suppose my body is settling into the so-called 'safe' 2 lbs/week loss that is recommended. It would take forever to drop the tonnage that I need to reach my final goal. Let's see at that rate, my quickie calculations show that it would take around 40 weeks to reach goal. That is almost a year. And, I didn't work in any room to fall-off-of the wagon, let alone the proverbial gains that could occur. Wow!

I am so motivated to keep going.

Here is next week's plan:
-Continue BFC (more Meat & Egg meals)
-Continue IF
-Work my way up to one 24 hour fast (6:00 pm Thursday- 6:00 pm Friday).
Exercise 5 days/week, adding in resistance.

Happy TGIF and weekend!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOO, HOO Karai!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you’d do it

Me on the other hand…………. I didn't blow it over the weekend, did well all week, maybe a little higher in calories more NKish rather than FF, but no grains. I didn't really work out as I was busy crawling around hooking up computers, canning, etc., but moving around and I am up 1#. Yeah I know, fluctuation, blah, blah, blah but I was sure I'd be down. I felt it.

DH has talked me into trying Protein Power with him. Just basic low carb 30 or under of whatever it is I want. No crazy micros of any kind. Sounds too easy, but nothing else seems to be working.

I think BFC might be a little complex for him, I checked out the book some time ago. And I agreed to do something “with” him so we could support each other. How can you say no to that request? But I’m keeping up with you, taking your hints to heart, and considering it down the road.

Big Congrads Girl!!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Terri, thank you for the super-major congratulations. I logged on and saw all of the jumping and exciting icons! They made me want to get out of my chair and jump around too.

Protein Power is a good plan. The support from DH is an extra bonus. I gained too when I transitioned from M&E to BFC. So, it just a matter of blah, blah, blah, blah... You've 'heard' it before.

Jump on the BFC whenever it fits in your life. I like to shake things up too by trying different plans out so that I can keep my body guessing. So far, it is working for me. It may not work for everyone, but I'm going to keep switching until I hit a plateau. By then, I will know which of the plans will get me out of it.

I know you will do well on PP. When do you plan to start? I am very interested in your progress. I may also delve into PP further down the road too.

Happy Weekend!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (herbal tea w/almond milk)
D: Loco Moco (3/1)
Total S/C: 8/2
Exercise: 1 hour cardio + 30 minutes resistance

It's Autumn! I love this time of the year. We started unpacking our harvest decorations over the weekend. I haven't decided what types of vignettes to place outside. Plus in our area, the pumpkins have yet to ship. I like to build lighted pumpkin and mum displays on our lawn (front and back). But this year, it's slow going.

Nothing major to report about BFC and IF over-the-weekend activities. I stayed under the 15/6 and IF'd until noon each day. Sister, SIL and I did some antiquing on Saturday. It was a such beautiful day. I don't usually exercise on the weekend, but all of the walking from shop-to-shop was a great substitute.

Happy Monday (it's here again already!)
Old 09-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/herbal tea +almond milk
L: Ham and Eggs (0/0)
D: Pork tenderloin in sauce +collards (4/1)
Total S/C: 4/1

Yesterday, I did some research on green smoothies. I ran across one that comes highly recommended for hydration, healing, hair/skin beauty and detoxification. Some folks have done green smoothie fasts 21-over 100 days. I am not that enthused about them to go longer that one-per- day. But, as part of my 24 hour IF, I think doing green smoothies is a good idea. So after work, I will head to my local Whole Foods to buy supplies and ready myself for Friday's 24 hour fast (6:00 pm Thursday - 6:00 pm Friday).

Happy Tuesday,
Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/herbal tea +almond milk
L: Mexican omelet (4/2)
D: Roasted Turkey Breast +'rice' (cauliflower) w/gravy + collards (5/2)
Total S/C: 9/4

Once again it is hump day! Yesterday, an acquaintance of mine told me that I looked "so much smaller". I told her thank you and smiled. Then, she went on to talk about her workout routine, and how she was on her way to the gym, and that "we" should workout together some time. I agreed. Next week, I will be her guest. I will extend the same invitation at my gym. Hey, who knows a gym buddy could be a good asset.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (herbal tea w/almond milk & mct)
L: Lamb Chops +squash +LC cornbread (5/2)
D: Ham +Soft Scrambled eggs (2/0)
S/C Total: 7/2

I am really enjoying my M&E meals. They are so delish. Plus their S/C values are very low.

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day in more ways than one...weigh-in day and the 24 hour fast. I am more nervous about the fast than stepping onto the scale, tho'. I think the hardest part will be from noon-6 pm. DH will also do the fast to get a feel for the green smoothies. He used to do fasting a long time ago, and swore by them. My IF'ing is a reminder of his good ole days. I have batched meals already prepped for the kiddos.

Happy Thursday,
Old 09-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

First 24 hour Fast and Weigh-in Day

Today's Menu

24 hour fast: 6:00 pm (yesterday) - 6:00 pm (today)
pre-B: Water
B: Herbal Tea w/mct
S: Water
L: Green Smoothie
S: Water
D: Green Smoothie
S: Salad (break fast)

Green Smoothie Recipe
All veggies and fruits are organic. Makes enough smoothies for two persons to drink for the day~ just under a gallon. I found this recipe in the Vitamix recipe book. It is called the Glowing Green Smoothie.

2 English Cucumbers
2 heads of Romaine Lettuce
1/2 oz Ginger root
4 stalks of Celery
1/2 bunch of Parsley
1/2 bunch of Cilantro
4 Green Apples
16-32 oz Spinach (depends on your taste---we did 32 oz)
Water (32-64 oz depending on the thickness desired)

For a quick and smooth cocktail, chop and shred the veggies and fruit. DH used his Vitamix. My nutribullet was too small. So, in the Vitamix or whatever extractor you have, add the green veggies first with water. Extract. Then add the apples, ginger and cucumber next.

DH had to make 2 batches. He extracted half of the greens, apples, ginger and cucumber using 1/2 the water on the first batch. Then filled our mason jars with the smoothie and placed them in the refrig for dinner. Then he extracted the second batch and divided it out into 2-32 oz sippy cups for our lunches.

I took a sip of the smoothie, and it was so delicious. I can't wait to swig it down for lunch!

Guess what? It's Day

I had a visit from the W.H.O.O.S.H. Fairy! And, it was a surprise to me. I had good hopes that I would at least stay around the 2 lb loss but, I did so much better...DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... I lost 5.8 lbs! Yippeee!! That is a whoosh for me. So, I am happy. I will take it. That makes 50 lbs GONE!
Hey, that is a milestone. And, 50 sticks of butta gone!

Next week is October! We are inching so close to the holidays. And, we know what can happen during all of the celebrations, social gatherings and just having that good ole warm holiday spirit...lots of eating of treats, goodies, snacks, treats...did I say treats? Yep, treats. So, I am staying motivated and plan to work extra hard in October to get ahead of the E.A.T.S. Because to be honest, I intend to partake of some goodies in moderation. But, I don't want to feel like I have to play catch-up to turning gains back into losses...you know what I mean???

Here is the plan for October:
-BFC with more focus on lean meats, egg protein, veggies, LS fruit(rarely)
-IF with an increase to 20 hours on the weekend, and a 24 hour fast on Fridays
-Exercise five times/week

Happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend to ya!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOO HOO, WTG
Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terry!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

24 hour Fast Check-in

Well, it is just after 2:00 p.m.~ 20 hours into the fast. I am feeling okay. I didn't experience real hunger until 12:30 pm, so I waited to drink the smoothie.

I kept it in the refrig at work until 12:15 p.m. just to take the chill off of it. To me, it tastes more refreshing if it is cool...not cold. Around 12:40, I sipped it slowly. It was so delicious. I took my time and 'chewed' it until I was finished around 1:10 pm.

At this point, I am feeling good. For other newbies, I definitely recommend drinking herbal tea and water with this fast. The extra hydration keeps the true signs of hunger at bay. Plus, you just feel better with the extra fluid. Well, at least I do.

I'll try to check in over the weekend with updates on the final leg of the fast.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/herbal tea and almond milk
L: Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Ezekial Bread +side salad w/drssg (3/2)
D: Smothered Pork Chops +mashed 'potatoes' w/gravy +greens (2/2)
S/C Total (5/4)

We finished the 24 hour fast on Friday. It was easier than I thought. The green smoothie made it doable for me. At six pm, on Friday, we broke our fast with a small salad +oil/vinegar dressing. An hour later, we ate homemade chicken noodle soup with LC toasted bread. I was full, and didn't want more. DH later ate a turkey breast sandwich with all of the fixings.

I thought that I would have a sugar headache from the fruits in the smoothie, but fortunately it didn't happen. I guess the amount of glucose was needed to makeup for the solid food that I did not eat.

The next morning (Saturday), I was soooooooo hungry. So, I prepared a big egg white omelet with veggies and drank coffee with HWC. It held me until noon. I ate a snack and dinner. Then, went back to the regular IF schedule for Sunday.

One thing I did note, is that on Saturday, I felt not only hungry but light as a feather. I was even tempted to weigh myself...but I didn't. I was bursting with energy the entire weekend.

What will I do differently on the next 24 hour fast?
-Add bananas to the recipe to make the smoothie creamier
-Substitute coffee w/HWC in the a.m. (instead of herbal tea). I think the coffee gives me a bit of an umphh (even decaf) until noon. Drinking the herbal tea in afternoon up until 6:00 pm. would help wind me down.
-Have a fast breaking meal planned...maybe do small snacks within a specific window (6:00 pm -10:00 pm) with sleep at midnight (Saturday).

My next 24 hour fast is this Friday.

Happy Monday,
Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
You are truly inspirational. I read all of your posts. However, you have not lost 50 sticks of butter. A stick of butter is 4 ounces. You have lost 200 sticks of butter.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
You are truly inspirational. I read all of your posts. However, you have not lost 50 sticks of butter. A stick of butter is 4 ounces. You have lost 200 sticks of butter.

Pat
Hi Pat, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your kind words. I

t depends on how large the sticks of butter are. The ones that we use weigh 1 lb. BUT, I like your calculations better!

Last edited by Karai; 10-01-2013 at 05:31 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon (with herbal tea w/almond milk)
L: Turkey sandwich on Ezekial Bread +Green Smoothie (8/3)
D: Grilled Flounder +asparagus +side salad w/dssg (3/1)
Total S/C: 11/4

Yesterday, I finally finished our outdoor decorating for Autumn. I had tons of energy to get the job done thanks to BFC and IF. Last year, it was a hard job lugging around the extra weight stooping, bending, reaching, going back and forth...But, I got the job done this year with time to spare. Tonight, I plan to finish up the indoor decorating. I love this time of the year. The house looks and smells of holiday cheer. The kiddoes are so excited about the upcoming events and gatherings. Hey, DH and I are too.

Btw, remember the rude neighbors who crashed our grill-out last month?
See the BELLY FAT CURE post here about the rude neighbors.

Yesterday while I was working outside, I saw the wife standing in their window staring at me. She didn't look too happy. DH and I haven't had much to say to either of them since they left our grill-out angry. We are civil and wave here and there...but that is about it. I am saddened to know that the wife was never really a friend to me. She just felt comfortable being around someone who made her feel comfortable about not taking control of her weight. As long as I was not working on improving my health, I was okay to be around. But now, I am a reminder of what she needs to do. She has drawn the lines in the sand with coolness and what I perceive as hostility. But, such as it is...life must go on.

Pat commented that I have lost more than 50 sticks of butta. I like Pat's calculations better. So, I am changing my sig to "A bunch of sticks of butta gone bye bye".

Happy Tuesday,

Last edited by Karai; 10-01-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Btw, remember the rude neighbors who crashed our grill-out last month?
See the BELLY FAT CURE post here about the rude neighbors.

Yesterday while I was working outside, I saw the wife standing in their window staring at me. She didn't look too happy. DH and I haven't had much to say to either of them since they left our grill-out angry. We are civil and wave here and there...but that is about it. I am saddened to know that the wife was never really a friend to me. She just felt comfortable being around someone who made her feel comfortable about not taking control of her weight. As long as I was not working on improving my health, I was okay to be around. But now, I am a reminder of what she needs to do. She has drawn the lines in the sand with coolness and what I perceive as hostility. But, such as it is...life must go on.

All the better to wave & smile!

At best maybe you can help her move into the light and improve herself. Otherwise she'll see how truly happy and blessed you are and think you‘re so much better than her. Which is true

Last edited by TerriMM; 10-01-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
All the better to wave & smile!

At best maybe you can help her move into the light and improve herself. Otherwise she'll see how truly happy and blessed you are and think you‘re so much better than her. Which is true
Terri! You are such a kind person. I can feel it through uber-space. Kindred spirits know each other. Thank you for wise advice. Hopefully, she will move into the light. But, if not...I am okay.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

L: Turkey sandwich on Ezekial Bread +side salad (4/2)
D: Hamburger on Ezekial Buns + Orieda Fries +side salad (6/3)
S/C Total : 10/5

BFC-IF Tip: It has been a while since I did a tip. I'm still feeling my way through IF. BFC is pretty easy now that I can take most food items and make them into on-plan meals. While IF'ing, I noticed an ebb in energy after around 4 weeks. Plus, I started feeling irritable. For the most part, I am an up-beat kind of personality and let things roll off of my back. But I started feeling testy around the 4 week mark on IF. So here is the tip, what worked for me was accidental...the green smoothie. After my 24 hour fast using the green smoothie, I started feeling more like 'me'. I think the extra carbs helped. But, to make this an honest tip...let's wait and see how the smoothie affects my weight loss results.

Btw, I am having smoothies every other day at lunch. I luv them, but not going to over do them because of the extra carbs. I need to see what is the point (every other day, every day or one per week) to where my weight loss is improved or, not so much.

Happy Hump Day,
Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post

Pat
I just got this. Pat is right! There are four sticks in a pound of butter.
Now that's some Butter Gone!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just got this. Pat is right! There are four sticks in a pound of butter.
Now that's some Butter Gone!
Yeah, I like those numbers a lot butta.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

L: Seasoned ground beef (sort of like hamburger helper w/o the noodles) +kale (4/1)
S: 6 oz Green Smoothie (3/1)
D: Roasted chicken (from whole) +broccoli and cheese 'casserole' (4/1)
S/C Total (11/3)

Today, I am wearing an outfit that I haven't touched for years. It's been hanging in the closet. 'Speaking' of which, I have an array of sizes in my closet which range from medium to well... BIG. I haven't been a size 'small' since I came out of the womb. So, I won't even go there. The smallest size I have been in my life was about a rough 8. That was eons ago...and it didn't last very long.

Okay back to my thought...I'm not totally there to give away my clothes yet. I'm glad that I held on to the smaller ones. Eventually, I will get back into them. It's just that when the time comes to 'let go' of the larger ones, I ponder on the attachment factor that I will experience. I've heard that it is not so easy to give up the larger sizes for some people. But for others, it is a safe way to keep them targeted on maintaining their new weight. Sigh...we shall see. It's early yet. I've got a long way to go. I never really gave it much thought until now.

Happy TGIF Eve,