Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
My book is still not available, must be checked out still really interested in reading about this! Sounds like you are this - happy for you!
Hi MtM, yeah I think BFC is still popular even tho' Jorge has a new book out. Hopefully, it will be made available soon for you.

Thanks for the kudos. So far it is working, and seems to be sustainable for the long haul. With the holidays coming up, I will definitely need some flexibility on this WOE. And, BFC gives you that.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
B: UNSW Vanilla Almond Milk Protein Shake (0/1)
L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake (0/1)
D: Modified Meaty Pasta Bake +Steamed Broccoli (7/3)
Water: 120 oz
Exercise: 1 hour resistance training
Total S/C: 7/5

BFC Tip: Some people may experience constipation on BFC. This can be true for other LC WOEs. Jorge recommends consuming 25 grams of fiber each day. That may be hard for some. A tip is to use psyllium products or the clear benefiber that can be added to coffee, tea and other beverages. You can also add whole flax seeds to your food. One tablespoon is 0/0 on BFC. I don't have flow problems on BFC since I drink tons of water. But, to up my fiber, I add whole flax seeds to my salads and ground flax seeds to shakes and sprinkled on veggies.

I am wearing a new pair of pants that are 2 sizes smaller! It is a groovy feeling. The thighs aren't tight and uncomfortable. The waist is not squeezing the goob-a-dee-goo out of me.

This evening after work, I'll head to the grocery to do the Labor Day shopping. I have my BFC list in hand. My guests will be eating BFC meals, and not know the difference. I hope.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Today's Menu
D: Modified Meaty Pasta Bake +Steamed Broccoli (7/3)
Exercise: 1 hour resistance training
Total S/C: 7/5

BFC Tip: Some people may experience constipation on BFC. This can be true for other LC WOEs. Jorge recommends consuming 25 grams of fiber each day. That may be hard for some. A tip is to use psyllium products or the clear benefiber that can be added to coffee, tea and other beverages. You can also add whole flax seeds to your food. One tablespoon is 0/0 on BFC. I don't have flow problems on BFC since I drink tons of water. But, to up my fiber, I add whole flax seeds to my salads and ground flax seeds to shakes and sprinkled on veggies.

I am wearing a new pair of pants that are 2 sizes smaller! It is a groovy feeling. The thighs aren't tight and uncomfortable. The waist is not squeezing the goob-a-dee-goo out of me.

This evening after work, I'll head to the grocery to do the Labor Day shopping. I have my BFC list in hand. My guests will be eating BFC meals, and not know the difference. I hope.
you on the weight loss and getting in to smaller pants. That's the biggest thing we can hope for, smaller, cuter clothes that are fun to wear. Hope the weight loss continues and you had a good dinner with your guests. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
you on the weight loss and getting in to smaller pants. That's the biggest thing we can hope for, smaller, cuter clothes that are fun to wear. Hope the weight loss continues and you had a good dinner with your guests. Mae
Hi Mae, thanks! Ahhhhh, cuter clothes... Karai is reminiscing about wearing cuter, smaller clothes and looking good in them. Oh, those were the good ole days. Eventually, I will get back there.

Our guests will arrive tomorrow from the west coast. I'm taking some off days from work to get things ready. I really need this time off.:
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

D: Chicken Pizza + Salad w/Ranch dressing (8/2)
S: Clemmy's Ice cream (0/2)
Exercise: 1 hour cardio
Total S/C: 8/6

BFC Tip: If you can, buy in bulk frozen meats, cheeses, veggies and berries. You will have your program food on-hand at all times. You can rustle up a 0/0 omelet or meat and cheese snack dish, veggie & meat platter, etc. This will save time and S/C values while keeping you on track.

Day
I moved up my weigh-in day to today, since I will be really busy tomorrow-on. Plus, I want to keep my numbers in mind as I go into the weekend. This will keep me strong when facing the "come ons"..."Come on, 1 won't hurt. Come on, it's the holiday, eat what you want. Come on, you are not being a good host...eat and be merry. Come on, Come on, Come on...

I am again happy to report that I am a LOSER!! I am down 3.6 lbs.
My belly IS really shrinking...and the rest of me too. Hehehe. Cheers to all of us LOSERS out there.

Happy Thursday and Holiday!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!

So I was reading this thread last night and went on Amazon and got the 2009 edition of The Belly Fat Cure!! I also talked to 3 people who will try this with me!!! I have been doing JUDDD for a month and was wondering if any of you do it with this? I am excited to do this as I feel so much better already!!
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
So I was reading this thread last night and went on Amazon and got the 2009 edition of The Belly Fat Cure!! I also talked to 3 people who will try this with me!!! I have been doing JUDDD for a month and was wondering if any of you do it with this? I am excited to do this as I feel so much better already!!
Hi Starrhae, welcome aboard! The more the merrier on BFC. I haven't tried JUDDD. But, I do have "up" days when I eat higher s and c values. Then, there are days that I consider "down" days where I eat very low s and c values. But, that is about it as far as BFC coming close to JUDDD. I don't really know the details about JUDDD. Would you post a short summary of what the plan includes?

Me too...on feeling better. I kick-started BFC by doing several weeks of Meat and Egg meals. This really helped me to get my mind and body ready to bring back more carbs. Now, I am just enjoying the added carbs while still seeing good losses. Hehehe...I don't know about this week tho' I went over my carb and sugar servings on Labor Day.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
S:Smoked Turkey Bacon (3 slices) +Green Tea (0/0)
B:UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Shake (0/0)
L:UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Shake w/Berries (5/1)
D:Grilled Steak +Salad (3/1)
Total S/C: 8/2
Water: 100 oz

BFC Tip: If you over did it over the holiday (like I did)... reduce the number of sugar grams that you eat each day. I plan to stay below 10 for the entire week. Also, reduce your carb servings to 3 or less, if possible. The tip is to eat as few sugar and carb servings as is possible at each meal. Look for "filler" foods that are super low in sugar and carbs such as meats, eggs, cheese, lettuces, celery, fats, even some nuts! Now is a good time to practice fine tuning your eating so that you can stay on target...or at least close to it, when the holidays roll around.

Well, my visiting family left this morning. We had a a really good time with our outings, games, and just family time. Sunday's dessert was a strawberry cheese cake-pie that I made (thanks "ARuralGirl" of the Meat and Egg Forum). It was delicious. My visitors had absolutely no idea that it was low carb!!! One asked for the recipe. I was honored. She is considered to be the top foodie of the group. You know, every family has one... She sent to me a text this morning asking for more clarification on the almond crust..

On Labor Day, I indulged beyond the S/C scale. My ratio was 27/10!!! And, believe me ya'll I felt it! I felt so bad after eating cake, chips, dip, 'beverages' and other really bad stuff. I am paying for my sins. So, for the rest of the week, I am taking my own advice and dropping the s and c values as low as is possible. Ugh!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
JUDDD for me meant every other day was a down day. 320 calories and the next up day was 1565. I also did LC with it but not low enough!! I did lose 7 lbs last month but looks like I gained 3 back over labor day! I will see tomorrow morning!! I am feeling so much better and I think BFC sounds healthy for my hubby and I!!!
Wendy
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
JUDDD for me meant every other day was a down day. 320 calories and the next up day was 1565. I also did LC with it but not low enough!! I did lose 7 lbs last month but looks like I gained 3 back over labor day! I will see tomorrow morning!! I am feeling so much better and I think BFC sounds healthy for my hubby and I!!!
Wendy
I like that BFC is a good carb swap plan. If you are person who really misses whole grain breads and pastas; and low GI fruit, BFC is a great way to still live the low carb lifestyle with the health benefits. Hehehe... I 'sound' like a commercial for the plan. So far I enjoy the foods, freedom and results. And, the good thing is that once you get used to the meals in the book, you can venture out and create your own BFC menus. I am finding that to be true for our family's meals.

Welcome aboard! If you have questions or need support, we are here!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu:
B: Scrambled Eggs+Smoked Turkey Bacon w/Decaf Coffee (0/1)
L: UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake w/Berries (5/1)
D: Grilled Fish w/Salad +Herbal Tea (3/1)
Water: 100 oz
Total S/C: 8/3

BFC Tip: Whole grains, nuts and seeds can keep your insulin level from spiking which is a cause for accumulated belly fat. On the BFC plan, Jorge recommends eating whole grain breads, cereals and pastas. As long as you stay within the 6 servings of carbs limit, you should be okay from gaining weight...ymmv. But, for me, I have found that it is best that I stay below the 6 servings. I might have mentioned this previously, but sugar doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I can easily stay below the 15 grams limit. It's those dang carbs that I love and who love to increase my waist line.

On nuts and seeds, I add chia seeds to my shakes...just enough to keep them at 0/0. I am not a nut lover per se, but nuts can be good fiber sources and quick snacks. So, I haven't written them off. I will probably try some out after awhile.

I bought a couple of pounds of smoked turkey bacon from the Fresh Market over the weekend. Usually we splurge for this during the holidays, but I figured the bacon could be easy breakfast and snack options. So far, so good. I microwave a few slices on the go, or oven heat them for the family, and it is all good.

This morning, I feel more like myself and the bloated belly that I had yesterday is gone! Yep...that bloated gut really brought me back to reality...stick to the plan Karai....stick to the plan.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 of modified-IF with BFC

Today's Menu

IF Window (6:00 pm yesterday - 10:00 am today)-->16 hours fasting
Beverage: Water or Decaf coffee with MCT oil,UNSW Almond Milk until 10:00 a.m.

Feed Window (10:00 am -6:00 pm)-->8 hours feeding
S-Smoked Turkey Bacon (0/0)
L-UNSW Chocolate Almond Milk Protein Shake with Berries (5/1)
D-Bunless Hamburger +Salad +1/2 baked potato w/butter (4/2)
S-Herbal Tea w/MCT oil
Total S/C: 9/3
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: none (will resume exercise in 1 week)

Today, I started intermittent fasting (IF). After doing my research on the pros and cons of the lifestyle, I decided that the benefits outweigh the challenges. Intermittent fasting allows the body to focus on repair, rejuvenation and fat burning instead of digestion...in simple terms. There are other good benefits to IF such as appetite suppression, renewed vigor/energy, youngevity, detoxification, etc.

I have found that my body performs better with minimum food intake. I feel so much better when I just eat to live. My mental focus is off of the charts and my energy level has increased considerably by just doing low carb. I believe that IF will take me to the next level of control and health. So, I am embarking on a modified version of the 18/6 IF. For more information, do a google search on '18/6 intermittent fasting'.

Here is my updated plan:
(1) I am starting out with a 16 hour fast (6:00 p.m.-10 a.m.), and I will work my way to 18 hours (6:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m.) over time. The modification to IF for me is to drink beverages such as water, herbal tea and/or coffee with MCT,UNSW almond milk in the fasting window.

(2) My feeding window will start out with 8 hours (10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.)
and contract to 6 hours (12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.) over time.

(3) I will continue to do BFC as I fast.

As I post this, I have been fasting for over 12 hours....four more to go.

Happy Thursday,

Last edited by Karai; 09-05-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

10:00 a.m. Update

Well, it is past 10:00 a.m. for me. I am about to finish my first cup of coffee. My body is not physically hungry yet. Surprising as it is, the coffee is not making me feel hungry or ravenous. I think the MCT oil is doing the trick.

Now, my mouth is craving the smoked bacon that I have waiting to eat, tho. But other than that, the signs of hunger are not there yet.

I think I may be able to continue fasting until noon. So, here I go. I'll check back after 12:00 pm for another update.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Popping in to cheer you on. You're doing great!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Terri, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate the kudos. I sent you a PM too.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

IF Afternoon Update

I made it to noon in my fasting. I was surprised at how easy it was to do the 18 hours on the first day. Around 11:38 a.m., my stomach started growling...but I held out until noon to take the first sip of my protein shake.
The bacon...well, it was ok. But in the future I will not break my fast with bacon.

I have until 6:00 pm to get in my next meal.

So far, so good with my first day of intermittent fasting.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made it to noon in my fasting. I was surprised at how easy it was to do the 18 hours on the first day. Around 11:38 a.m., my stomach started growling...but I held out until noon to take the first sip of my protein shake.
The bacon...well, it was ok. But in the future I will not break my fast with bacon.

I have until 6:00 pm to get in my next meal.

So far, so good with my first day of intermittent fasting.
Popping in too to wish you the best Karai, you can do this. Lub ya and hope you have a great upcoming weekend. Mae
Hi Terri and Welcome Star, you have a good buddy in Karai.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I finally got it BUT it is the Fast Track Version. I just went an ordered the regular 2009 book yesterday and it should be here today. I think I will start on day one of the fast track. Much reading to do! My goal is to get rid of my tum tum for sure I have been creaping up in weight and I would love to get back down a bit. I feel bloated all the time. I don't eat sugar, or grains for that matter, so not sure what is causing it. Maybe an underlying leaky gut issue or bacterial infection in there or something?

At any rate, I'm in girlfriend...you got me for 2 weeks Hope you can put up with me!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Popping in too to wish you the best Karai, you can do this. Lub ya and hope you have a great upcoming weekend. Mae
Hi Terri and Welcome Star, you have a good buddy in Karai.
Hey Mae! [Karai is to Mae]. Thanks for stopping by to check on me. I just started IF on yesterday with the BFC. It is working well. How are you doing? I sent you a PM.

If I don't 'hear' from you, have a wonderful weekend!

[Kara Mae.]
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I finally got it BUT it is the Fast Track Version. I just went an ordered the regular 2009 book yesterday and it should be here today. I think I will start on day one of the fast track. Much reading to do! My goal is to get rid of my tum tum for sure I have been creaping up in weight and I would love to get back down a bit. I feel bloated all the time. I don't eat sugar, or grains for that matter, so not sure what is causing it. Maybe an underlying leaky gut issue or bacterial infection in there or something?

At any rate, I'm in girlfriend...you got me for 2 weeks Hope you can put up with me!
Hi MtM, heck yeah I can put with ya!

At least with the BFC-FT, you have other options and can kick things up a notch or two if you really want to see fast results. My co-worker has been on BFC for several months. She has now lost over 90 lbs! And, she does not have even the pregnant pooch that is sometimes left.

Hey, I think you have something there about the bloating issue. Before I started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes, I had problems with bloating too. Uggh, it is an awful feeling and, not too attractive with the extra gut bulge. But some meds like for blood pressure can cause bloating too.

Welcome! And, we can do this!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
(18 hours of IF until noon---coffee w/MCT and water only)

L-Cobb Salad w/high fat dssg (4/2)
D-Fish Tacos w/vinegar-dressed coleslaw, Oreida fries (5/3)
S-85% Dark Chocolate w/whipping cream (0/1)
(feeding window closes at 6:00 p.m.)
Total S/C: 9/6
Exercise: none

BFC-IF Tip: Some people have started counting 'net' carb servings on BFC (which takes into account the fiber content of the food item); however, be careful with this as some have gained weight or stalled. If it works for you, then good. You are blessed. But for those folks who are carb sensitive (like me), go really slow... I find that the 6 servings of complex carbs are more than enough. And, I do cartwheels over carbs!!

It's Day!

Yeah, can't you tell that I am kinda excited about today. Yep. I am once again happy to report that I am a L.O.S.E.R. Not a biggest loser, but a loser. I am down 2.7 lbs. I will take it! That makes 40 lbs gone since the end of June!!!

I guess over carbing it on Labor Day didn't cause me to gain...but I wonder if I would have loss more if I had been a good girl.

IF is going really well. I had my first cup of coffee this morning, and plan to have another soon after I finish my 17 oz of water. I slept well and am wide-eyed and bushy-tailed today. So, between BFC and IF, I am getting some great benefits. Plus, my stomach is smaller. I used to could grab a handful of gut, but now...not so much.

Happy Friday and Weekend!

Last edited by Karai; 09-06-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu (I know, it's a shocker. I'm posting on Saturday!!)

IF until noon---(chai w/MCT and water only)

L-Grilled Pork Chops w/steamed broccoli (3/1)
D-Baked Chicken w/Pasta Salad (8/4)

Total S/C: 11/6

BFC-IF Tip: I learned last night to eat enough before the feeding window closes. We were so busy yesterday evening that I did not finish eating my dinner before 6:00 p.m. So, you know that my stomach growled and pained something awful until I made some chai tea. I was still hungry, but at least I could sleep. The tip today, is to make sure you eat enough to feel satisfied before the feeding window closes. This will make IF'ing alot easier.

It is amazing!! I am posting on Saturday. That's because I finished all of my running around yesterday. Very little housework to do. DH and my sons are spending the day with DH's father...a men's day out.

I'm doing batch cooking now. And, plan to finish before noon so I can just relax and enjoy the day.

Happy Saturday!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's Menu (I know, it's a shocker. I'm posting on Saturday!!)

IF until noon---(chai w/MCT and water only)

L-Grilled Pork Chops w/steamed broccoli (3/1)
D-Baked Chicken w/Pasta Salad (8/4)

Total S/C: 11/6

BFC-IF Tip: I learned last night to eat enough before the feeding window closes. We were so busy yesterday evening that I did not finish eating my dinner before 6:00 p.m. So, you know that my stomach growled and pained something awful until I made some chai tea. I was still hungry, but at least I could sleep. The tip today, is to make sure you eat enough to feel satisfied before the feeding window closes. This will make IF'ing alot easier.

It is amazing!! I am posting on Saturday. That's because I finished all of my running around yesterday. Very little housework to do. DH and my sons are spending the day with DH's father...a men's day out.

I'm doing batch cooking now. And, plan to finish before noon so I can just relax and enjoy the day.

Happy Saturday!
Happy Saturday to you too, Karai, and all others. Glad you got company here,dear. Happy losing to all. Mae
Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mae, we are slowly growing. There are many lurkers too.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

(IF until noon)--no coffee today
L: Beef Roast, turnip greens (2/0)
D: BBQ Ribs (LS sauce) and coleslaw (3/1)
S/C total: 5/1

IF is going pretty good for me. It is true that after a while...even a short while, that the appetite is just not there. I wasn't really hungry on M&E or BFC, but I am REALLY not hungry after eating at noon. I don't think about food again until around 4:30 p.m. And, it is a mild interest.

I didn't do the coffee thing this morning...drank plenty of water instead. Didn't really want food until about 11:30 a.m. Kept drinking water until noon hit. Ate lunch, felt good, and am ready to get off and go home.

Happy Monday!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu
(IF until noon)--coffee during IF
L: Chicken wrap (without tortilla) w/side salad (5/1)
D: Pork tenderloin w/cranberry-cauliflower 'stuffing' (3/1)
Dsst: Cheesecake (5/2)
Total SC: 13/4

BFC-IF Tip: Don't tell anyone what you are doing to lose weight.

Last night, we entertained neighbors who smelled DH's tenderloin smoking. The visit ended up as an informally hosted dinner. The wife asked if I was 'on a diet'. I told her that I just made a lifestyle change and was trimming my 'intake'. She persisted and asked, "what exactly are you doing to trim your intake?". I began to tell her about BFC and IF...before I got into the 4th sentence...she responded, "Oh, one of those low carb things. I thought that was a fad kind of thing..." I responded, "No, low carb has been around for a long time. BFC is a version of it, tho'." She grimaced and said, that she didn't think it was sustainable. Blah, blah, blah about everyone that she knew who ever did a low carb diet, gained all of the weight back and some...blah, blah, blah. I tried to explain that lc is not for everyone, but there are other options. She went into debate-mode. I am always up for a good debate, But, I didn't think it was appropriate or worth getting into an argument with her. I got the impression that she was trying to justify why she was not on any kind of diet. DH said that she was a 'hater'.

I just smiled and knew that next time this year, I would be slim and trim, and she would still look...well, still look like herself.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/coffee
L: Broccoli Steamables +BBQ Chicken Pizza (5/2)
D: Roasted Lamb chops +yellow squash (4/1)
Total S/C: 9/3

It's re-stock day. After work, I will head to the grocers to shop. Later, we have open-house at the kids' school. Dinner is already done. We just need to warm things up when we get in.

BFC and IF are going well. I added some supplements to my regimen...chromium picolinate and topical magnesium. My co-worker who lost 90 lbs on BFC said that these supps were helpful in keeping her weight loss steady. She also said that she only ran into a plateau after losing around 80 lbs. For the most part, she had steady losses. Now, she is in maintenance. I shared with her about IF. She plans on starting next month to maintain through the holidays. It is really nice to also have an off-line buddy to share this WOE with.

Happy Hump-Day!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/coffee
L: Broccoli Steamables +'Sweet' and Sour Chicken (4/1)
D: Hamburgers on Ezekial Bread +Oreida Fries +side Salad (3/3)
Dsst: 85% chocolate squares w/almonds (2/1)
Total S/C: 9/5

Today, I am wearing a smaller sized skirt. YAY! The waist and hips of my favorite black skirt were getting too big. It is so strange that I don't want to get rid of it. I want to keep it in my closet for...what? Security, hesitancy, setting myself up for failure, what-ifs...??? Something to ponder.

On another note, tomorrow is weigh day. I am hoping to have a loss. But, I haven't been exercising because of the IF. I miss the workouts and added endorphin-boost tho'. The extra time I have in the mornings have been a good trade-off. But, I do need to move this body. Next week, I will start the cardio again with a sprinkle of resistance here and there.

Happy Thursday!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Weigh Day

Today's Menu

IF until noon w/decaf coffee
L: Chicken Wrap w/side salad (3/2)
D: Seafood Boil (5/2)
S/C Total 8/4

BFC-IF Tip: I hope that I am not repeating this tip. But, if you can, it is good to create a log of your foods with the carb and sugar counts. That way, you can quickly have the numbers on hand for tracking. Also, write the s/c numbers on your products. I use a black sharpie to mark the values on all of my food items.

It's Day.

I am down 2.1 lbs. Whew, I was wondering what effect IF would have on the program. And, I didn't exercise one day this week. Hmm... I did not quite make my 4th goal of getting to 219 lbs. But, that's okay. I will take it. This makes 42 pounds gone!! SIL says that I am headed for a plateau soon. Hope not. I gotta keep these losses coming.

So here is next week's plan... continue BFC and IF (more good fats and lean proteins), add back the exercise.

I may not be able to post over the weekend. We are going to do some semi-camping with my sister and her family. I'm looking forward to the time away and cooler temps.

Happy Friday and weekend!

Last edited by Karai; 09-13-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Old 09-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
So close you can taste it! WTG
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote