Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Congratulations!!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
I am so happy for your 100 POUNDS GONE.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
You go gal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Day!

I lost 3.3 lbs! My ratio weight loss thresh hold is 10/4. All juices must have 80% veggies...just a tad of fruit.

I have officially lost 100 lbs since last June. And, next month will be my 1 year weight loss anniversary. I have 24 lbs to goal!

Friday, I will speak again to my doctor's patient group. We will celebrate my century mark with a low carb cooking class. Patients will be given shopping, cooking, diet options (including surgery, etc). We plan to make it an expo-type setup. My doctor, her staff and I will meet this evening to discuss the logistics, guests, etc.

This milestone came at a great time. I am so thankful that I can share my experience and knowledge with so many.

Happy Monday!
SO proud of you, Karai!!! You can do this@
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #304
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Oh, congratulations and Cool that you'll be sharing and helping others with a class.

metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #305
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Wow Karai huge congrats on your loss
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Very happy for you Karai. You're a real inspiration!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
You are ALL sooooo wonderful!! Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement!! And, thank you for keeping BFC warm while I was away.

I'm down another 2.6 lbs since the last time I posted. The losses are getting slower. Not too much frustration here...it has been a long journey (at least it feels like one). I got a little teary-eyed seeing my 'old-self' in our family album. DH and I plan to do a new family pic soon (perhaps sometime this summer).

I've increased my resistance and weight training with the hopes of whittling off the last 20 or so pounds. Still BFC'ing but, I have changed to an 8/4 ratio tho' to see how it works.

Happy Hump Day to all of my LC friends!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations for keeping up the losses. You have done very well. A Jorge Cruise Star!

Old 06-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Hi Seabreezes, thanks! How are you, and how are things going?

We took some time off for the Memorial Day week, and visited one of my brothers and his family. It was a nice trip. But, as always...it's good to be home.

I did o.k. on plan while there. But, I ate a slice of strawberry short cake that sent my brain into sugar over-drive. It was very rich!! It took me a couple of days to get back to feeling normal again. I stayed away from the sugary snacks and went back to old reliable...lean meats, low gi berries, ez bread and loads of fresh veggies.

Not to my surprise, I weighed myself when I got home later and guess what??? I gained 1.3 lbs. Hehehe. I'm over it because I could have done worse. Now, it's back to rigorous BFC.

Happy Monday!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Hi - I'm doing great! I've been following the Intuitive Eating threads. Interesting.

I seem to be able to stay about the same weight. If I could get a bit lower it would be nice, but I don't want to look any older than I already do!

Sweet things can really be way too sweet when you are not used to eating them. I made a rum cake for a dinner party. There were a couple of deserts so half was left. Hubby and I looked at each other and at the same time said shall we just trash it? We didn't need it or want it.

You'll be back down soon. You have done so well!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

It's Friday! A really big TGIF here!!

Hi Seabreezes, I will surf over to the IE thread. I'm looking for a maintenance plan besides BFC.

It feels great to say no to food...especial cake! I never in life thought that I would be able to control my eating long term. It's a burden gone away.

So, I'm down 2.0 lbs this week by staying at 8/4 everyday. Plus, I am only walking 1 hour/day 3 times/week. I plan to do a resistance-only workout plan for next week. I need to do something different workout-wise to get rid of these last 20 or so pounds. I hear that they are the hardest to go.

Another thought is to throw in a few 0/0 days too. I'll stock up on the lean meats and salads fixings after work today. They will come in handy.

Not much planned for the weekend. We expect a lot of rain...most likely I'll stay inside to play catch-up and prep for the upcoming week. DH and the kiddoes are on a camping retreat with our church. They will return next Friday. Looks like a mini-vacation here for me . I love it!

Happy Friday!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your "alone" time. I know you'll miss the family, but me time is important too.

Your still doing great!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Hi Seabreezes, yes it was a V-onderful time. But, it only lasted a few hours.

I am down 1.6 lbs from the past couple of weeks. Man, the losses are really slowing to a snail's crawl. Everyone tells me that the last few pounds are the hardest to get rid of.

Next week, I will transition to eating more proteins/veggies and minimize the carbs just to see if I can speed things up a little.

Not much is going on other than the heat. But, we are expecting rain over the weekend to cool things off.

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

I'm down to 160 lbs. Twenty more to go. Most of my meals have been close to 0/0 for the last several days.

My goal is to get into the 150's before July 4th. I think that I should reach goal before the Fall.

My doctor said to me recently, "Karai, you should not get hurt feelings if your body does not want to lose down to 140 lbs." She said that if I continue to struggle to get there, my body is telling me "something". Well, I plan to give it my best shot. I know one thing that has impeded progress...I've cut down on my exercise routine in order to give my body a rest. You know...change the routine up a bit.

Next week, I will workout 5 days/week doing cardio on and off with resistance training. I am determined to get into the 150's! Now, I have something to prove to Dr. AJ.

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice going Karai

Maybe start looking a percentage rather than pounds. Yes you're losing slower the closer you get to goal, but the percentage of weight you're losing is based on your new lower weight.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Hey Terri, you are spot-on as usual. It's still going slow. I'm down 0.7 pounds.

How are you doing and do you have big plans for the holiday?

We plan to attend DH's family reunion. It's local this time. My SIL and her family are our guests. The home place has been bustling more than usual with 5 additional relatives on hand. I love the fellowship.

I hope you and yours have a nice holiday weekend.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Happy 4th! Enjoy your family.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hey Terri, you are spot-on as usual. It's still going slow. I'm down 0.7 pounds.

How are you doing and do you have big plans for the holiday?

We plan to attend DH's family reunion. It's local this time. My SIL and her family are our guests. The home place has been bustling more than usual with 5 additional relatives on hand. I love the fellowship.

I hope you and yours have a nice holiday weekend.
------------------
Hope you all had a great one. Hi Karai. Missed you and so proud of you. We were about the same weight at one time. got off the wagon but getting back on real quick. You're an inspiration. Take care. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Hi Seabreezes, thanks. I hope you and your family had a relaxing and cool 4th of July. It is so amazing at how we are over half-way finished with this year. Time has sped up! You know that it will be Christmas in a snap.

Hi Mae, as long as the wagon stays in sight, you are doing well! It was those times that I let the wagon turn the corner, go up the hill and over the horizon is when it was over for me. I stayed off of it a loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. Those were my binges periods where I would pack on pound after pound. It is like those days never happened now.

What plan are you following?

I am about to wrap up BFC and move onto raw eating. I have a friend who has eaten raw for years. She looks 20 years younger than her actual age. She is so fit. She shared one of her secrets with me that really helped as I lost over 100 lbs. You know that loose skin can be a problem for people like me that have a lot of weight to lose. I definitely was not interested in any surgery, so I faithfully followed her recommendation to drink lemon and apple cider vinegar in water each morning before breakfast. I downed the hatch 20 oz each day. And, I believe that it not only kept my skin from sagging...because you know that I am taut, baby! I also believe it helped with my weight loss as I think back on it.

Well, I am down 1.2 lbs. So, from the 0.7 lbs that I lost last week, it is almost 2 lbs total. I'm changing my stats.

I plan to stay with BFC until the end of the month. Then, I will start a low carb raw eating thread.

Happy TGIF to all!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Karai,
Welcome to the 150s Congradulations!!!!

Please tell me more about the “lemon and apple cider vinegar in water each morning before breakfast”. How much of each?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Hey Terri!

Thanks for the kudos. My last few pounds are hanging on for dear life. I need to continue in patience to reach goal.

Okay, on the lemon+apple cider and vinegar water...

I took 20 ounces of water and added the juice of 1 lemon (fresh) and 1 TBsp of apple cider vinegar. I like the Bragg's brand. It contains "the mother" in it which has the good enzymes and bacteria. Mix everything and drink it down as you get ready for work or whatever.

I drank mine on an empty stomach. But, I have to tell you that I had to work my way up to the 1 whole lemon +1 TBsp on vinegar. I started with 1/2 lemon + 1/2 TBsp and grew from there until I could stand it.

It works. It also sort of a detoxifies you. Within an hour or so, I had to 'relieve myself'. And, as I mentioned, I do not have any hanging skin leftover from losing the 100+ pounds.

I remember when I was growing up that one of my aunts used to drink ACV with water in the mornings. She would also add it to her salads dressing and even cook her meat in it. She was ALWAYS thin and fit. Even today, she is much older, but she is not obese.

I hope this is helpful.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

I am down 0.7 lbs. So, this week I started eating a raw breakfast.

Breakfast: Frozen berries, pecans, greek yogurt sweetened with stevia +decaf coffee

Here is my plan:

Raw Breakfast: 2 weeks
BFC lunch and dinner

Raw Breakfast and Lunch: 2 weeks
BFC dinner

Raw Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 2 weeks

Re-evaluate weight and plan to determine if I want to make this a long-term life style.

Happy Monday!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're still moving in the right direction my friend. Kudos to you for hanging in there

I used to do 1/2 lemon in hot water every morning when I was doing Fat Flush and it really made me feel great. She was really into vinegar as well. That's when I started using Braggs. I just might pick me up a fresh bottle and some lemons
Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Terri, great idea. I've been doing the vinegar + lemon concoction each morning with the hopes of getting a whoosh into these last few pounds. So far, I am holding steady at the same weight. I think my body is reconfibulating (LOL)!

If you decide to make the purchase, please let me know how hit goes for you.

Saturday will wound up my two weeks of eating raw for the breakfast meal. Sunday, I will add raw lunches to the mix for two more weeks. Breakfast was easy, because I love low GI berries and melons. Plus, I was able to eat my fav nuts. It was easy. I'll still BFC my dinners tho'. I should see a move in the scale very soon.

Well, TGIF everybody!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

I am finally down 2.2 lbs! I know that the raw eating is working.

WARNING This is graphic content.

I believe that the raw eating is really working because since moving to 2 raw meals per day, my body has been releasing so much matter that it is beyond me how I could walk around with so much stuff inside and not know or feel it! The extra roughage has scrubbed the lining of my colon to produce some very odd looking 'debris'. It is not as odorous either. Wow!

Well, enough 'said'. I feel great, and I can really feel my true hunger pangs now. Raw eating is no easy thing...at least for me. It does takes some getting used to. I don't think that I could do 100% raw either. I'll stick with the raw 2 meals and BFC my dinner another week and then re-evaluate.

TGIF!