Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Doing M&E in August

Hi M&Eers!

Starting a new thread for August. Having only tried M&E in July, I'm happy to say that I lost 3 pounds--that with a wedding, a holiday, and a week of staycation with DH. I'm eager to keep going in August, doing some days M&E, other days Induction and OWL. Looking forward to hearing from the usual M&E gang, as well as anybody new who would like to join us. Happy M&Eing!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
I'm in!

I always do best with a clean M&E plan, and this will be my push.

I didn't lose as much as I had wanted in July, but I added exercise and had a few vacations/birthdays, so I'm not disappointed. I stayed 100% in ketosis, so I just need the whoosh from an M&E for keep me going!

Are you planning certain days of the week for M&Eing?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey I'm not strictly doing m&e I'm doing Stillmans so similar but it's great to read everyone else's posts I've been doing Stillmans for 5 days and I'm down 5lbs, hoping this loss continues!

Good luck everyone
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Wow, 5lbs in 5 days is awesome!

I stopped at Whole Foods to stock up on eggs and roast beef. I'm planning to Do meat and eggs tomorrow and maybe Sunday. Trying to avoid dairy, but I'm not very good at it!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi ! I am in maintenance & currently do 16/8 in that I eat in an 8 hour window. I did 5:2 for 3 months but looking for another way to maintain. I lost most of my weight on HCG.

Want to add at least 2 no carb days to my week with the rest normal eating. Normal for me is no sugar, no starch, nothing processed & moderate carb. Really interested in the M&E. Other than the obvious meat & egg should I limit condiments ? Does fat matter ? I normally cook with bacon grease, butter, olive oil but when I did down days on 5:2 or 500 cal vlcd on HCG I cooked with zero fat.

Wouldn't mind to lose a few pounds so should I limit calories on my M&E days ? Any suggestions are really appreciated. Will do my first M&E day this Sunday & then again Tuesday.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
Happy August, everyone! I started a thread with some questions, was hoping I could get some answers. But here they are again:

1. Around how many pounds of meat should I be eating during each meal, going with a three meal a day plan?

2. Are two eggs, hard boiled, sufficient with each meal?

3. Is it necessary to count calories? If so, how many calories should I be eating?

4. The most important one - just how many grams of fat and protein do I need to be eating? Does that depend on a lot of factors?

I just wanna know I should be eating to get to where I really would like to get into - ketosis, meaning my fat is melting off my body. And don't worry, a lot of water will be included, the standard eight glasses a day.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi ! I am in maintenance & currently do 16/8 in that I eat in an 8 hour window. I did 5:2 for 3 months but looking for another way to maintain. I lost most of my weight on HCG.

Want to add at least 2 no carb days to my week with the rest normal eating. Normal for me is no sugar, no starch, nothing processed & moderate carb. Really interested in the M&E. Other than the obvious meat & egg should I limit condiments ? Does fat matter ? I normally cook with bacon grease, butter, olive oil but when I did down days on 5:2 or 500 cal vlcd on HCG I cooked with zero fat.

Wouldn't mind to lose a few pounds so should I limit calories on my M&E days ? Any suggestions are really appreciated. Will do my first M&E day this Sunday & then again Tuesday.
Hey Pandora - I would say that if you are eating 'normally' the other 5 days I would stick to lean protein and eggs only for your M&E days (more like Stillman's WOE) If you are eating high fat M&E for only two days per week your body won't be in ketosis and therefore any excess fat won't be burned off, you would have to watch your calories otherwise you wouldn't be getting a deficit.
Although I am no expert - just my opinion, hopefully some more experienced M&E people will be able to give you advice.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post
Happy August, everyone! I started a thread with some questions, was hoping I could get some answers. But here they are again:

1. Around how many pounds of meat should I be eating during each meal, going with a three meal a day plan?

3. Is it necessary to count calories? If so, how many calories should I be eating?

4. The most important one - just how many grams of fat and protein do I need to be eating? Does that depend on a lot of factors?

I just wanna know I should be eating to get to where I really would like to get into - ketosis, meaning my fat is melting off my body. And don't worry, a lot of water will be included, the standard eight glasses a day.

Thank you in advance.
Hey Biggy Fat - Here is what I have been doing, I am doing Stillman's - similar to M&E just lower fat/calories :

I have only been eating around 200g of lean chicken breast each (usually for my tea)

I have been eating only 2 HB eggs each day (for breakfast).

I havent been counting calories but have been tracking them and they are coming in around 800 - I really am not hungry and am forcing myself to eat the food I do.

I havent got a clue re protein/fat - I am just sticking to lean protein and eggs.

I really feel like I am in ketosis, I have done Atkins & M&E in the past and never really felt like I was but doing Stillman's has made a big difference. Everyone is different and you just need to try and see what works for you.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress
Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post
I'm in!

I always do best with a clean M&E plan, and this will be my push.

I didn't lose as much as I had wanted in July, but I added exercise and had a few vacations/birthdays, so I'm not disappointed. I stayed 100% in ketosis, so I just need the whoosh from an M&E for keep me going!

Hi April. Sounds a lot like me in July! Though I don't think I was in ketosis the whole month. I'm back in it now and want to keep it that way.

To answer your question, I'm shooting for Wednesdays and Thursdays to be my M&E days. That works best for me because DH has long days at work, so we don't eat together these days. On the other days what I'm going for is to have breakfast and lunch be M&E, but to allow for a veggie side with dinner and possibly cheese when DH and I are eating together.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post

Thank you in advance.
I'm so new to M&E, so I could only tell you what I've noticed with others who post their menus. When I've seen amounts of meat, it seems like people aim for around 4 or 5 ounces. For me, I've gone anywhere from 4 ounces to around 6 or 7, depending on how hungry I was. I haven't been counting calories, and I've not read of anyone else doing that with this plan, though maybe some do. As to the hardboiled eggs, you might try one first, and then if you feel you need more to be satisfied, add the other. I don't have hardboiled eggs at every meal. I might do one or two a day, or I might have two scrambled or fried eggs. Lately I seem to be gravitating toward quiches.

And to answer your last question, it seems like everybody through trial and error comes up with their own formula for success with M&E. For me, the thing that has surprised me most was just how much fat I could eat and still lose weight--fat sources being heavy whipping cream, butter, bacon grease, fat from the meat itself. I try to limit cheese, but only because I know I can overdo it pretty easily. And I've been eating about one serving of almonds lately, but I don't consider either of the last two strict M&E.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey Pandora - I would say that if you are eating 'normally' the other 5 days I would stick to lean protein and eggs only for your M&E days (more like Stillman's WOE) If you are eating high fat M&E for only two days per week your body won't be in ketosis and therefore any excess fat won't be burned off, you would have to watch your calories otherwise you wouldn't be getting a deficit.
Although I am no expert - just my opinion, hopefully some more experienced M&E people will be able to give you advice.
Hi kitty_el and Pandora. I'm obviously no expert, either, but what kitty_el says makes sense. I don't think you'd get into ketosis this way. That said, if you're game, I say try it and see. What I also noticed is that some folks who posted their menus, whether or not they were trying to do this, seemed like their menus ended up lower in calories than I would have expected on M&E. They had limited amounts of fat, like only enough to keep them satisfied.

Would be interested to see some more menus posted this month to see what others are doing. To those who are the veterans of this WOE, what works for you?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Going to experiment since I am in Maintenance. Today I am doing a Full Fat Greek yogurt day. Tomorrow my first M&E day. I already have the menu planned. Breakfast will be 3 scrambled eggs with a small pad of butter. Lunch/Dinner - chicken wings that I have marinated in SF hot sauce & 1 calf liver steak sauteed in a little bacon grease. Snack - hb eggs if hungry only. Lots of water/coffee with a smidge of hwc/sparkling water.

My next M & E day (either Tues/Wed) I will try a leaner protein and less fat/lower calorie see if there is a difference. Probably will do fish/chicken and eggs in every meal.

Thanks for the advice !!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
So those of you doing meat & egg without limiting fat feel that they are in ketosis or are having appetite suppression?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like a lot of us are in for M&EING, yeah!

Personally, I need to go really strict on dairy, so I'm not much help with giving others advice on what works. I've just always had a little dairy intolerance.

I don't count calories, but try to keep my fat up with butter, mayo, chicken skin, coconut oil and bacon, lots of bacon. (Regular WOE is NK). My calories generally fall between 800 and 1200 in M&EING, but I don't limit.

I stay in ketosis with zero carb/ high fat.

A Rural Girl, I like your plan of Wed and Thursdays for M & E. I do much better on work days when I'm not near food, other then what I bring to work with me, so I might gravitate towards that as well.

My favorite part of M&EING is no appetit whatsoever, no desire to eat, at all. But, if I stay too long with it I have trouble sleeping. I'm starting today with a 3 day kick off!

P L A N, for Success!

Nothing is impossible, the word tells you itself:

I'm possible.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Last night I wrote a terribly wise and profoundly awesome post, but it got eaten by my phone, so you'll have to have a normal one from me this time

So replying to no one in particular...

I think I get very ketotic on strict M&E. Its about the only time the stix change colour. Or at least they did until I ran out of them. They had stopped changing colour for me on induction after about 6 weeks.

My 'normal' M&E menu resembles this:
B: 2 eggs fried in a tablespoon of butter
L: 1-2 boiled eggs with salt and melted butter or mayo because I dont like 'em dry. A sausage, or half a dozen drumettes, or a leg or two of chicken, or some bacon
D: 1-2 eggs fried/boiled/scrambled, and a steak, or pork chop, or something in the meat catagory I dont weight them, but I guess they would be more than I could contain in a cupped hand.
S: 1-4 boiled eggs, day depending
Drinks: 3x cup of tea with HWC(one after each meal), 1-3lt filtered water from the river.

I dont weigh and measure because I am that lazy.

I mostly use butter as my fat because I like the taste. Having said that, right now I have an abundance of lard, so I am using that. I have tried eggs in coconut oil and they're nice enough, I just prefer butter. Oh, and bacon fat if I have some.

I dont particulary restrict myself because I find M&E self limiting, I just dont feel hungry. And on occasion when I do over consume, I feel pretty nausious and find it I have to skip a meal because of it. The one time I entered my M&E menu into the online tracker, it said I had eaten over 3000 calories that day. The next day was my best loss ever.

I think M&E is like super strict Atkins '72 and has strong componants of NK in it, which is why it works for stalls.

If I eat veges on M&E, I do strictly stick to half a cup of lettuce by volumme. I might have 1/4 an avocado, but thats it for veges. I usually have those for dinner on the last M&E day with some mayo.

Last edited by lilbeetle; 08-03-2013 at 09:18 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Last night I wrote a terribly wise and profoundly awesome post, but it got eaten by my phone, so you'll have to have a normal one from me this time

I think I get very ketotic on strict M&E. Its about the only time the stix change colour. Or at least they did until I ran out of them. They had stopped changing colour for me on induction after about 6 weeks.

My 'normal' M&E menu resembles this:
L: 1-2 boiled eggs with salt and melted butter or mayo because I dont like 'em dry. A sausage, or half a dozen drumettes, or a leg or two of chicken, or some bacon
D: 1-2 eggs fried/boiled/scrambled, and a steak, or pork chop, or something in the meat catagory I dont weight them, but I guess they would be more than I could contain in a cupped hand.
Drinks: 3x cup of tea with HWC(one after each meal), 1-3lt filtered water from the river.

I dont weigh and measure because I am that lazy.

I mostly use butter as my fat because I like the taste. Having said that, right now I have an abundance of lard, so I am using that. I have tried eggs in coconut oil and they're nice enough, I just prefer butter. Oh, and bacon fat if I have some.

I dont particulary restrict myself because I find M&E self limiting, I just dont feel hungry. And on occasion when I do over consume, I feel pretty nausious and find it I have to skip a meal because of it. The one time I entered my M&E menu into the online tracker, it said I had eaten over 3000 calories that day. The next day was my best loss ever.

I think M&E is like super strict Atkins '72 and has strong componants of NK in it, which is why it works for stalls.

If I eat veges on M&E, I do strictly stick to half a cup of lettuce by volumme. I might have 1/4 an avocado, but thats it for veges. I usually have those for dinner on the last M&E day with some mayo.
THANKYOU, I am so on the same boat.. I oddly end up with like doing just a meat egg and fat diet lol..

any meat but mainly been on lean breast and steaks and eggs whole and butter so far

like i end up eating like 2000-2700 calories

like first day i was hungry so ate 2600-2700
then went to 2100 around there
and then now day 4 and hungry like i can't feel full so may be ending at 2700 again

my weight is maintained so far but now up this high i was fearing like my appetite is there never disappears..

I do very much feel tired today and I try to eat every few hours like
3-4 but today for some reason after I had a snack normal meal i got hungry at like an hour and half later.. and thats like at 4pm so had dinner

then now i feel as if it didn't still fill the hunger gap all i'm drinking and all
lol

i guess is this ok normal you think?

been mainly eating two eggs per meal/ butter/ quater of steak and one breast

then that for mainly all my meals.. not sure what to do?or if i'm ok right on track to eat by my appetite?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i mean my mistake been with week maybe 2100-2400 and now today be way over the 2700 lol if i eat more.. yikes prob will be near on the 3000 target

am i setting up for failure?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I cant answer that because people respond differently to food. It depends on current weigh, current health, metabolic status, allergies and intolerances, digestion health....

I have heard of a woman who ate 4000 cals a day for weeks and never gained a bit. She didnt lose, but proved she was going to be able to maintain at high levels. I also know of people who eat that high and gain a wee bit.

My best losses are generally when I stick to 2000-2600 cals a day, but like I said I did have a 3000 day and still lost. That was several pound ago, so prolly wouldnt have it now. I know I havent lost in a week, BUT I am waiting on a delayed TOM (3 days over) so Im not going to get wound up by it.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi All, Long Post here, answering several posts. Mae

"Hi Everyone, Welcome New Persons!** Since this is so long, had to put in two posts. Mae
I quoted the most recent messages here (have been offline with family this weekend, mostly) so answering what I can here. **Message reply above your quote in bold, underlined, or where these are**. Hope you all had a grand weekend so far. Mae
**Arural: Thanks for starting the new thread! Fantastic on losing the 3 pounds!! WTG.

[/B]I'm so new to M&E, so I could only tell you what I've noticed with others who post their menus. When I've seen amounts of meat, it seems like people aim for around 4 or 5 ounces. For me, I've gone anywhere from 4 ounces to around 6 or 7, depending on how hungry I was. I haven't been counting calories, and I've not read of anyone else doing that with this plan, though maybe some do. As to the hardboiled eggs, you might try one first, and then if you feel you need more to be satisfied, add the other. I don't have hardboiled eggs at every meal. I might do one or two a day, or I might have two scrambled or fried eggs. Lately I seem to be gravitating toward quiches.

And to answer your last question, it seems like everybody through trial and error comes up with their own formula for success with M&E.

**THIS is very true. It's what works for each individual. (Mae)
What I also noticed is that some folks who posted their menus, whether or not they were trying to do this, seemed like their menus ended up lower in calories than I would have expected on M&E. They had limited amounts of fat, like only enough to keep them satisfied.

Would be interested to see some more menus posted this month to see what others are doing. To those who are the veterans of this WOE, what works for you?
**Arural, will post some menus at the end of this thread.
A good rule of thumb on fats is try a little and go from there. Read labels on products, for ingredients and serving sizes. If something says a tablespoon per serving for example, try a heaping teaspoon if you are worried about too much fat.
Mae

--------------
**Hi April 04 & Welcome!!
I'm in! I always do best with a clean M&E plan, and this will be my push.

**SOUNDS like you are still doing good though and going the right way. This is a great group of people here, and we're all supportive of each other. I do ME a few days a week, depending on mood and when I need a change-up. My WOE is a mix of ME, ATKINS, STILLMANS, LC My WAY. Like many of us, you'll find what works for you. Good luck to you and Happy LCing/MEing. Mae
-------------------
**Jeaneim: HI & Welcome! Glad you have found what works for you. I don't worry about ketosis sticks and know I'm in it when I feel sated and good in mood. Yeah , works for me. Going to bathroom tells a lot tells one they are too, lol. I'm not dairy intolerant that I know of, but I have minimal and use only on a slight want/craving of it as needed; so normally don't have it. Do use H/H or HWC occasionally when want something different in menu. Love bacon too, lots. Definitely 0-carb and minimal to high fat will keep you in ketosis. Don't worry much about calories either; sounds like you have a good handle on what works for you. Good luck with your plan and Happy Losing! Mae

So those of you doing meat & egg without limiting fat feel that they are in ketosis or are having appetite suppression?

Personally, I need to go really strict on dairy, so I'm not much help with giving others advice on what works. I've just always had a little dairy intolerance.

I don't count calories, but try to keep my fat up with butter, mayo, chicken skin, coconut oil and bacon, lots of bacon. (Regular WOE is NK). My calories generally fall between 800 and 1200 in M&EING, but I don't limit.

------------------------
**Kitty_el: Hi Kitty, WTG on the 5 lbs! Proud of ya! Great advice below, couldn't have put it better myself. Minimal to moderate Fat is the key on M/E (which deriviates from Atkins and Stillmans. Stillmans is the more strict of the two with no fat, though some of us do tiny bits for flavor upon occasion. You're doing good I see. Good for you. Happy Stilling! MP

Hey I'm not strictly doing m&e I'm doing Stillmans so similar but it's great to read everyone else's posts I've been doing Stillmans for 5 days and I'm down 5lbs, hoping this loss continues!
---------------------
Right on Kitty,Kitty!!!-->Hey Pandora - I would say that if you are eating 'normally' the other 5 days I would stick to lean protein and eggs only for your M&E days (more like Stillman's WOE) If you are eating high fat M&E for only two days per week your body won't be in ketosis and therefore any excess fat won't be burned off, you would have to watch your calories otherwise you wouldn't be getting a deficit.

Right on Kitty,Kitty!!!-->Hey Biggy Fat - Here is what I have been doing, I am doing Stillman's - similar to M&E just lower fat/calories :

I have only been eating around 200g of lean chicken breast each (usually for my tea)

I have been eating only 2 HB eggs each day (for breakfast).

I havent been counting calories but have been tracking them and they are coming in around 800 - I really am not hungry and am forcing myself to eat the food I do.

I havent got a clue re protein/fat - I am just sticking to lean protein and eggs.

I really feel like I am in ketosis, I have done Atkins & M&E in the past and never really felt like I was but doing Stillman's has made a big difference. Everyone is different and you just need to try and see what works for you.

--------------
**Hi Pandora,Welcome!! I would do minimal condiments, fat, but the best things is to see what works for you. All the advice from Kitty, Lil, and Arual is-well stated. No one can tell what your body needs but you. We're not giving medical advice, but what we've read and done, so passing that on to all in case it helps. I like your normal days, sounds like my own. Don't try limiting your calories, keep to portions instead and the calories will work out well for you. Don't over stress, that adds to weight gain; been there done that. Your menu sounds good to go by. Lots of luck to ya. Mae

Going to experiment since I am in Maintenance. Today I am doing a Full Fat Greek yogurt day. Tomorrow my first M&E day. I already have the menu planned. Breakfast will be 3 scrambled eggs with a small pad of butter. Lunch/Dinner - chicken wings that I have marinated in SF hot sauce & 1 calf liver steak sauteed in a little bacon grease. Snack - hb eggs if hungry only. Lots of water/coffee with a smidge of hwc/sparkling water.

----------------
See continuation in next post. MAE

Last edited by maepowers; 08-04-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Second Posting, Hi all

Hi Again All: this is a continuation of my last post since it was so long. Sorry!**

Hi Biggy Fat: Sorry didn't answer you right away when you posted this in a different thread.
Glad you came aboard. What Kitty and others said is good advice. Depending on your needs and what you are trying to acchieve personally, 4-6 oz meat works, and two eggs, any style, not just hardboiled. Mix it up so you won't get bored. Portion control, try not to worry so much about calories (see above). Depending on how much you want to lose a week or month and what your body is craving for fuel will determine your portions and calories. For fat, start out minimal for satiation to moderate and see what works for you. Fat does help with sugar cravings, read labels and watch out for hidden bad fats. Don't force yourself on them if not needed. (see above). Hope that helps. Take care and good luck on your weight loss plans. MP

-------------------------------
**Hey Lilbeetle; Gues your phone is on its own diet. LOL. Very good advice below, thanks and it's a good in general. Well done on the menu. Sound words/advice too. Hope all is going well for ya. Take care. Mae

Lil's post. My 'normal' M&E menu resembles this:
-------------------------
** Hope this listing helps anyone. Some of my own menus I've done in the past weeks/months (might be similar to others, lol, migh not, but what I've had and like) These can be used or modified to make it work for your plan or needs. I posted some menus/meals and recipes in the July Thread also (ME/Stillmans). Take care & happy WOE-ing all, Mae:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs & meat, scrambled in 1-2 tsp butter (sometimes)
Lunch: 1 turkey burgers w/fixings, (like mustard or mayo and lettuce or just plain pepper or other spices when cooking them. Often use pam, but upon wanting it or for a flavor change, use butter or Oil.)
Dinner: 1-2 chicken patties w/fixings, or just simmered in broth
Snack: 2 oz cheese, 1 HB egg, mustard for flavor if desired
----------
Breakfast: 1/2 cupt low-fat Cottage cheese w/meat/boiled egg, or alone
Lunch: Deli rollups w/mayo/mustard, olives
Dinner: Buttered chicken bowl with pepper
Snack: 2 boiled eggs, olives, bit of mayo
-------------
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 turkey patty, 2 oz. Skim milk cheese,black coffee or tea
Lunch: 4 oz. Lean hamburger, 1-2 oz. 2% milk cheese, water & or, tea
Dinner: 1 cup of broth, 3-6 oz.any-way cooked chicken, maybe cheese
Snack: 1 HB egg, 1/2 tsp mayo/mustard mix, black coffee or tea
-----------------
Breakfast: 2 eggs, black coffee
Lunch: Tossed Salad (chicken and some greens), w/vinegar/salt/pepper, tea
Dinner: 3 oz lean Meat, deviled eggs or more meat.
Snack: 1 HB egg, tea or black coffee
-----------------------
Recipes,Things I eat:
Spicky Oven Fried Chicken Thighs: slow roast them with olive oil and sea salt & chili pepper (Cayenne Blend) at a very low temp. for a couple of hours. Moist inside and crispy outside. Freeze some back for a meal for the following week.
-----------------
Chicken Chili
1 TBSP oil, 1 1/2 lbs chicken, 1 red chili pepper cut up, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 1/2 TBSP RWV, 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 1/2 TBSP Chili powder, 1/4 cup shred.Pep-Jack
Heat oil in stockpot over medium high heat. Add chicken and pepper, saute until meat is done, about 6 minutes. Add garlic adn vinegar, saute for 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes, chili powder, increase hat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until desired consistency, about 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings. Top each with 2 TBSPS cheese and enjoy.
Note: can make this with beef & beef broth too or turkey or mix of any ground or un-ground meats.
------------------
Other meal ideas (more below and a few recipes):
Egg drop or egg/chicken soup.
Hard Boiled egg w/cheese stick or CS & piece of meat.
1-Egg white omelet with steakuum.
Egg yolks scramble w/cheese or meat.
Meat & Cheese wraps (reheat, & w/one egg if desired).
Poached eggs w/butter/pepper.
Cheeseburger casserole pie or Cordon Bleu
Deviled Eggs with Brisket or other piece of meat
Fried Egg with hamburger, sausage, or turkey burger.
Scrambled eggs w/salsa, with or w/o meat.
Meat, egg, cheese plate, easy condiments.
Sautéed veggies with meat and/or eggs cooked to taste.
Meat & Boiled or Poached eggs, no condiments or cheese.
Boiled Eggs & Tomato, 1each up to 6 a day.
Cottage Cheese, fruit (tomatoes or watermelon only). 900-1k daily
Any lean meats & HB egg (up to 6), eat enough to satiate. Can spice with pepper and/or cumin, baked or Pam-fried only.

Meal: Cook ground beef with some chili powder and a little bit of onions and garlic, and mix that with eggs for a breakfast

Meal:Microwave scrambled eggs in mug; beat 1-2 eggs, add a little H/H, a slice of cheese, some spices, meat &/or veggies; then spray a coffee mug with butter or pam, nuke on 2 minutes, stirring half way.
------------------------
NOTE: Since some of you asked about calories, here are a few old menus I made up for myself when I was doing Low Calorie, Low Carb for about a week or so, some long months back. LOL>so don't fuss at me. Grins.

A strict, Clean Induction Plan
Breakfast: (2) pieces of bacon or sausage and (2) boiled, poached, or fried eggs. Smash bowl Or muffin and meat. See menu list for other ideas.

Lunch: (1) chef salad consisting of lettuce greens, cucumbers, a few olives, and lots of pepper and a dab of mayo, some shredded chicken or bacon bits, sprinkle of cheese and a boiled egg. Or small pizza, small salad. Meatza

Dinner: (1) grilled, broiled, or baked piece of chicken, turkey or beef, or pork rib, (1) medium plain salad consisting of homemade ceasar dressing, radishes, tomatoes, or coleslaw or stirfry. Or recipe meal.
----------------------
Low Calorie/Low Carb Menus

Breakfast: 2.2 Carbs, 255 Calories
2 Eggs, (150 Calories, 1.2 Carbs), Pinch of Pepper
1/2 cup Spinach, finely chopped (5 Calories, 1 Carb)
1 TBSP Butter (100 Calories, 0 Carbs)

Lunch: 145 Calories, .6 Carbs
1 scrambled egg w/ 1/2 TBSP mayo, sprinkle of tumeric & pepper,
1 TBSP Grated Parmesan Cheese (15 Calories, 0 Carbs)

Dinner: (1.6 Carbs, 164 Calories)
1 Poached Egg, (75 Calories, .6 Carb)
1 Piece Meat, Pinch of Pepper, dash mustard
1/2 TBSP salsa (4 Calories, 1 Carb)
(1 oz Beef 60 Calories, 1 oz Chicken 55, sausage 85)

(Daily Carbs 4.4, Daily Calories 564)
---------------------
Meal: 1 sausage patty 1 poached egg 210; 1 HB w/pepper 80; 1 bacon 1 cheese 180; 2 scrambled eggs w/butter 205: 675
Meal: 1 bowl Egg soup 225, 2 ck mix w/mustard 245, 2 pieces Chicken w/2 fried eggs 455; 1 HB egg w/1/2 cheese & 1/4 TBSP mayo 195: 1,120
Meal: 2 poached eggs w/salsa 185; chicken/egg/mayo smash 265;
1 boiled egg with mayo 105; 1 cheese stick/or 1 oz 100: 655
Meal: 2 bacon 2 fried eggs 250; 1 hamburger cheese/mayo/mustard 350;
2 sausages w/mayo & cheese slice 410; 1HB mayo/pickles 125: 1,135
Meal6.2 Carbs, 314 Calories)
1/2 Cup Cabbage Slaw (Or Sautee) 12 Calories, 1.5 Carbs
1 TBSP Mayo (Or Butter) 110 Calories
1 TBSP Chopped Onions, (4 Calories, 1.1 Carbs)
1TBSP Sliced Pickles, (2.2 Carbs, 12 Calories)

-------------------------
Fat - Protein Meal in a Cup (this is a tweak of a recipe found for smash bowl here in the LC forum, sorry forgot to write down the author's name, but am doing that with more recent things.)
2-4 strips of bacon (or other cooked meat), 1-2 oz cream cheese(or other kind), 1-2 TBSPs H/H; Optional egg, mayo and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper or turmeric if desired.

Blend ingredients in a small bowl. Make up several 1-cup servings for rest of day
----------------------
**NOTE: you can find low carb mug-meals, other meals/recipes/menus, all over the internet and in the LC forums here. I've used some from here and all over and the recipes on here, which I try first and then tweak if needed for your own needs/tastes.

FOR those who need some calorie counts, I found this out, surfin around:
¼ lb meat – 225, 1 Large Egg 70, 6-8 oz turkey or chicken 225. 2% cottage cheese 85 1/2 cup, frozen 3-pepper blend 50 ½ cup (same for spinach, onions, kale, broccoli, lettuce, and tomatoes), watermelon 60, cantaloupe 75.

Final Note: Like I did, LittleBeetle posted some good recipes too in the old forum as did a few other M/E ers and Stillers. So look those up if you need them or want to use. Just use what works for you. Sorry for long letter. Hope this helps. Happy LCing (your WOE-WAY). Hugs Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 08-04-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi Natosha! I was writing the long post above this one so we just missed each other. Same with LIL I think. Glad you are doing better. Welcome back, we missed you and your posts! And yes, listen to your body and eat a little when you need to. Take care of yourself. You are right on track! Mae

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
THANKYOU, I am so on the same boat.. I oddly end up with like doing just a meat egg and fat diet lol..

any meat but mainly been on lean breast and steaks and eggs whole and butter so far

like i end up eating like 2000-2700 calories

like first day i was hungry so ate 2600-2700
then went to 2100 around there
and then now day 4 and hungry like i can't feel full so may be ending at 2700 again

my weight is maintained so far but now up this high i was fearing like my appetite is there never disappears..

I do very much feel tired today and I try to eat every few hours like
3-4 but today for some reason after I had a snack normal meal i got hungry at like an hour and half later.. and thats like at 4pm so had dinner

then now i feel as if it didn't still fill the hunger gap all i'm drinking and all
lol

i guess is this ok normal you think?

been mainly eating two eggs per meal/ butter/ quater of steak and one breast

then that for mainly all my meals.. not sure what to do?or if i'm ok right on track to eat by my appetite?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, don't get wound up about that, LIL. You're doing great. Hope you had a great weekend. Mae

Quote:
I cant answer that because people respond differently to food. It depends on current weigh, current health, metabolic status, allergies and intolerances, digestion health....

I have heard of a woman who ate 4000 cals a day for weeks and never gained a bit. She didnt lose, but proved she was going to be able to maintain at high levels. I also know of people who eat that high and gain a wee bit.

My best losses are generally when I stick to 2000-2600 cals a day, but like I said I did have a 3000 day and still lost. That was several pound ago, so prolly wouldnt have it now. I know I havent lost in a week, BUT I am waiting on a delayed TOM (3 days over) so Im not going to get wound up by it.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mae, thanks for all of the info.

I'm going to post my menu, and welcome any help with it. I've been stuck for about two weeks going between the same few pounds. I would like to see a drop on the scale as it really confirms that I'm doing this right.

Today's Menu

B: 3 egg yolks cooked in 1 TBSP butter

L: 3 egg yolks cooked in 1TBSP butter

D: 1/2 pound of shrimp

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi Jeaniem. Without having keto sticks but going by other signs, like a strange sweet taste in my mouth and the "keto runs," I do think I'm in ketosis. I also find that I'm not having cravings and can feel satisfied longer, waiting to eat when I'm hungry. I do like a little treat, but a coffee with HWC and sf syrup or sf gelatin with HWC will do the trick, or bbq pork rinds for something crunchy.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

LilB, I'm beginning to think you are my New Zealand cousin or something.
I seem to eat similarly to what you describe for yourself. I, too, seem to have some of my best weight losses after a day where I've eaten lots, particularly fat.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I stay in ketosis with zero carb/ high fat.

A Rural Girl, I like your plan of Wed and Thursdays for M & E. I do much better on work days when I'm not near food, other then what I bring to work with me, so I might gravitate towards that as well.

My favorite part of M&EING is no appetit whatsoever, no desire to eat, at all. But, if I stay too long with it I have trouble sleeping. I'm starting today with a 3 day kick off!
Hi April. Cool, hope you will join me in M&E for Wednesday and Thursday. (And anyone else, too!)

About your trouble sleeping, do you take any mineral supplements? I find that without a calcium/magnesium supplement, I have trouble sleeping. And I also have found that having enough water is important to keep the mineral balance. I sleep so much better these days!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
i mean my mistake been with week maybe 2100-2400 and now today be way over the 2700 lol if i eat more.. yikes prob will be near on the 3000 target

am i setting up for failure?
Hi Natosha. It's hard to say, but I think you are wise to try things out to see what works for you. I wonder if you might also be one of those people who does better by making sure you get enough fat.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Mae, thanks for all of the great info! BTW, did another round of the cheeseburger casserole--yum!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

"Hi April. Cool, hope you will join me in M&E for Wednesday and Thursday. (And anyone else, too!)

About your trouble sleeping, do you take any mineral supplements? I find that without a calcium/magnesium supplement, I have trouble sleeping. And I also have found that having enough water is important to keep the mineral balance. I sleep so much better these days!"

Thanks for the response, Aruralgirl. I did egg/shrimp today to kickstart, and will probably try to do a few days of m&e, then fall into the Wed Thurs routine with you.

I never considered calcium for sleep, I'll try to be more consistent with it to see if it helps. I usually only have trouble sleeping after 5+ days of m&e, so not a usual thing, luckily. I do take 400mg Magnesium Citrate 2x/ day, that's been really helpful, and potassium as well.

Hoping to break out of this little rut this week!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

You'll break outta the rut!! Night All.

Quote:
Hi Mae, thanks for all of the info.

I'm going to post my menu, and welcome any help with it. I've been stuck for about two weeks going between the same few pounds. I would like to see a drop on the scale as it really confirms that I'm doing this right.

Today's Menu

B: 3 egg yolks cooked in 1 TBSP butter

L: 3 egg yolks cooked in 1TBSP butter

D: 1/2 pound of shrimp

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
You're Welcome, April04. You might try eating whole eggs in AM. Sometimes to break it up, I will actually take 2-3 eggs and separate them. Cook the egg whites in butter as an omelet. A good weight loss breaker/staller, would be to put a mix of cayenne pepper, black pepper and tumeric in the whites while whipping it. Then put it in your buttered skillet. After you've cooked it, put some salsa on top. THis is yummy and also will aid the metabolism a bit. Well it works for me when I'm stuck at same weight (neither losing or gaining) and then it helps it. For lunch take the egg yolks and scramble in butter, add a little bit of mayo or spices to them then scramble with either some chicken pieces or eat by themselves.

Break up your evening meats; also try the spicy mix on the shrimp, cooked in pam or oven crisped. I don't eat seafood often (couple of times a year at max if that), but I made it for a friend a few weeks ago and she loved it. Sampled a piece myself then. This is good for chicken, hamburger, turkey, etc. It all depends on your tastes. Ground Ginger is good on some seafoods.
Use Pam on that. Or light Olive Oil. Your menu isn't bad, maybe just needs something to kick it up. Not sure of your tastes, but hope this and my menu posts help. Good luck, Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 08-04-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Closed Thread