Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Not a problem I still have the occasional coffee with HWC as a treat Now I mostly just use almond milk or full cream milk on occasion. I really love this WOE as I'm a lot less restricted with my eating and really feel like I'm not depriving myself and just living like a normal person. Enjoying coconut helps, although definitely not essential

No you haven't confused it really, Primal is just Paleo plus dairy really...but they both have the same basic principles (plus or minus dairy).

Yes, that has been the only way for me to start losing again. I figured that maybe my carbs were too low and my body was protecting itself a bit and not using all the extra fat I was eating and then I starting adjusting my WOE. Upon doing heaps of reading I realised that I had actually adjusted it to be an LC primal diet. I was too scared for ages to up my carbs because I was worried about gaining, but I didn't really have much choice because I was so lethargic and thought maybe my carb level was the problem. I still eat what is considered an LC diet and it's usually within the range of 45-60 grams carbs per day; full carbs not net carbs, I don't count them anymore. I used to sit around the 20-30 grams mark before Paleo/Primal.

Glad to have helped a bit
I read his site too, and glad this is working for you. I'm still M/E er right now. LC of course, but know it works for lots of people. Take care hon

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Thank you, Mae.

I did pound a few flavored waters afterward.
I was the same weight today, right down to the decimal.
I'll take it, lol

I hope everyone has a beautiful, on-plan Sunday brimming with perfectly grilled steak and perfect salad!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
I guess that yesterday I was just depressed so well today woke at my goal weigt 95 lbs well alway aim for one pound less 94 but my true weight goal 95 so prob just alot water weight decide to enjoy a new diet not low carb felt Dom all fat butter etc the bathroom issue even tho gets me going just too much fat gross feeling if eating fatty meat plus ton butter so cleaning my body naturally high fruit diet atleast calories at moment not super high lol yet just under 1200 for my 4 meal munching lol. And fell back in love with hone dew melon lol not sure will stay but if I lose more since did raw fruit diet inthe past and had 2000+ weighed in like lighter at 92lbs lol doi g raw fruit diet lol but then crave cooked foods lol. Cause live with another my mom who cooks all diff carb meat meals not big for grains r veggies bit meat fat n salty foods big for lol well meat fatty salty type things not much on Carby chips and breads lol not fan of that. But if doing fruit love test helps depress feeling be lifted And feel happier so for now do this may use as a hold me over till plan new idea lol or just a lowfat carb refers till going back low carb not sure
Old 08-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Atleast I don't feel guilt to eat alot cause qt this moment 5pm only had less then 1200 cals fruit lol sand feel full at moment lol ... I guess from everyone saying cals so high just mAde me guilty like I am doing everything wrong so I feel needed to change and relieve stress on calories for doing fruit
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

One good thing got my mom back from the hospital she was there two days for a bacteria infection but is clear of it.. Was bi scared about that and if she be ok just happy she's back and for today being my goal weight and even if all water weight lol just happy any ways if just for today lol. Hope u all the best today and every day
Old 08-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
I read his site too, and glad this is working for you. I'm still M/E er right now. LC of course, but know it works for lots of people. Take care hon
Thanks Mae How are your losses going lately?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
I guess that yesterday I was just depressed so well today woke at my goal weigt 95 lbs well alway aim for one pound less 94 but my true weight goal 95 so prob just alot water weight decide to enjoy a new diet not low carb felt Dom all fat butter etc the bathroom issue even tho gets me going just too much fat gross feeling if eating fatty meat plus ton butter so cleaning my body naturally high fruit diet atleast calories at moment not super high lol yet just under 1200 for my 4 meal munching lol. And fell back in love with hone dew melon lol not sure will stay but if I lose more since did raw fruit diet inthe past and had 2000+ weighed in like lighter at 92lbs lol doi g raw fruit diet lol but then crave cooked foods lol. Cause live with another my mom who cooks all diff carb meat meals not big for grains r veggies bit meat fat n salty foods big for lol well meat fatty salty type things not much on Carby chips and breads lol not fan of that. But if doing fruit love test helps depress feeling be lifted And feel happier so for now do this may use as a hold me over till plan new idea lol or just a lowfat carb refers till going back low carb not sure
Hi Natosha... glad you are feeling a bit better. Can I just say that eating doesn't have to be extreme in any particular direction. If you are depriving yourself of things constantly then naturally your body will want those things (unfortunately it is the way we are wired). Why don't you just try to eat a variety of healthy foods (you can decide if it's LC or not) and start a 'happy' relationship with your food? Fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, and dairy if you like it.

Reading your posts, it seems that you overload on one thing, deprive yourself of others and make yourself really unhappy. I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like a fun existence to me. Eating does not need to be stressful...it really is just fuel for our body to exist. But you need to have harmony between your brain and your body and creating a whole lot of stress over food choices is not doing that. Just my opinion of course and you can take it or leave it, but I think you need to be good to yourself and obtain a bit of balance. Be happy in your skin m'dear. Take care

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-25-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
After struggling for a few days (following making a raspberry cake for my husband to take to work) to stay within my calorie/protein/carb limits, today I struggled to get in even 900 calories (need 1500-1600). I'm so stuffed after 2 eggs and 3 links of sausage that I'm going to have to call it good and be done.

It amazes me how the hunger/desire for food can change so drastically from one day to the next.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Aomiel: if baking is that much of a trigger, let hub know in advance that next time you're going to have to pick him up a banana bread, or red velvet cake or something, I'm sure none of them had any idea it would be such a trigger.

My 10 year old has a one track mind and has been riding me nonstop about making me something. Well I don't eat sugar and wheat and I don't want all the calories and carbs from gluten free unless its a special occasion or something .
We went to the cottage last week and I thought this'll be the perfect chance to let him make something. So he made chocolate chip cookies while I helped and supervised.
It wasn't triggering at all nor did I expect it to be. I didn't have any cookies .

Now if I was making the Clone of Cinnabon I'm sure it would've been major trouble.
In particular I am really bad with frostings. I will taste test it until I'm sick

Lost another pound today! So back to my all time lowest this go round of 176. I hit it once a few weeks ago, claimed it, and never saw it again til today!!
I'll take it- and continue on with the FF.
It's be nice to continue on until I hit the 60's. right now I am very satisfied.
But, sept 4 is our anniversary and I am dying to go Thai for cashew chicken. As for off plan though that's pretty much as close to plan as you can get. No heavy sauce. Served family style w steamed rice. Now I never want the rice but end up eating it to cut the heat of the cashew chicken. So I think I'll ask them to turn down the heat a coupe notches and not have any rice.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Down another pound today, so I decided to do a fourth day of fat fast.

Here's yesterday's menu (day 3):

B - 1 egg w/2 T cheddar cheese

L - broccoli cheese soup, 3/4 cup

Snack - 1 deviled egg w/1 1/2 T mayo, 1/4 t mustard and 5 green olives

D - 1/4 cup of pecan halves in 1/2 T butter

Snack - cream cheese pie, (cream cheese muffin batter baked in a pie pan) 1/8 slice of pie

Stats: 33 grams protein, 10 grams of carbs, calories 1,199, fat percentage 83.4%.

Again, not quite as low calorie-wise as recommended, and fat percentage didn't get up to 90%, but still losing.
Aruralgirl, congrats on the weightloss.

What is the recipe for the cream cheese pie? I have some family members coming in for the Labor Day holiday, and I think this would be a delicious dessert for them. Plus, it will fit my plan too.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post

What is the recipe for the cream cheese pie? I have some family members coming in for the Labor Day holiday, and I think this would be a delicious dessert for them. Plus, it will fit my plan too.

Thanks
Hi Karai, hope all is going well; Hi Arural, that sounds like a good menu, do pass it on. Glad you both are doing well. Have a fantastic week. I won't weigh in til Wed. See you all then. Mae
Old 08-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Aomiel: if baking is that much of a trigger, let hub know in advance that next time you're going to have to pick him up a banana bread, or red velvet cake or something, I'm sure none of them had any idea it would be such a trigger.

My 10 year old has a one track mind and has been riding me nonstop about making me something. Well I don't eat sugar and wheat and I don't want all the calories and carbs from gluten free unless its a special occasion or something .
We went to the cottage last week and I thought this'll be the perfect chance to let him make something. So he made chocolate chip cookies while I helped and supervised.
It wasn't triggering at all nor did I expect it to be. I didn't have any cookies .

Now if I was making the Clone of Cinnabon I'm sure it would've been major trouble.
In particular I am really bad with frostings. I will taste test it until I'm sick

Lost another pound today! So back to my all time lowest this go round of 176. I hit it once a few weeks ago, claimed it, and never saw it again til today!!
I'll take it- and continue on with the FF.
It's be nice to continue on until I hit the 60's. right now I am very satisfied.
But, sept 4 is our anniversary and I am dying to go Thai for cashew chicken. As for off plan though that's pretty much as close to plan as you can get. No heavy sauce. Served family style w steamed rice. Now I never want the rice but end up eating it to cut the heat of the cashew chicken. So I think I'll ask them to turn down the heat a coupe notches and not have any rice.
Natalia, so understand. Great on the weight loss. It's hard not to "get something" when an anniversary or birthday is coming up. Feel for ya.

Heya Aomiel, feel for you too. Especially when a loved one wants you to make something. Thankfully my daughter is the baker in our family and she doesn't mind me telling her NO> have a great week ladies.

A big to everyone else too. It'll probably be Wednesday before I post again, have errands and interviews to run tomorrow. KUTGW everyone. Take care all and have a lovely week. Mae
Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Mae How are your losses going lately?
Hey Tashy! GLAD you're doing better. They are slow this week. Some bloating, will weigh in on my usual Wednesday; prolly won't be around til then, some things to do tomorrow that will keep me busy most the day. Hugs to you. Mae

Hi Natosha, take care of yourself. Happy LCing to all. Mae
Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Natalia,
Yep, baking is going to have to go away for awhile. I hope not forever because I do enjoy it. My husband would be perfectly happy to just pick something up from the store though. He's been very supportive of me and this WOE.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Karai, hope all is going well; Hi Arural, that sounds like a good menu, do pass it on. Glad you both are doing well. Have a fantastic week. I won't weigh in til Wed. See you all then. Mae
Hey Mae, thanks--yes so far so good. I'm just braving-up for the guests that we will have in the next few days. They love to eat...more like...live to eat. We have planned out the meals so that everyone will (for the most part) be satisfied. Otherwise, oh well...

Major losses to you on Wednesday!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
-----------------------------
TO ALL: Proud of everyone for their losses and words here, thank you all. I appreciate the kudos. Sorry been away a few days. Had to catch up and read everyone's words. SO good luck on new woes, like Tashy here, and glad to see the weight losses, congrats everyone. Rooting for you all. NOW for a bit of HUMOR:

This is quoted from the August 2013 issue of Seniorific News. I can't take credit for it, but had to share this bit of humor from it. It was sent in by a reader of the publication.

"I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner! I use the shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: For Extra Body and Volume." No wonder I've been gaining weight!
Well! I've gotten rid of that shampoo and am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "Dissolves Fat that is otherwise difficult to Remove." Problem solved.

Now if losing weight could really be that easy and simple. We'd all take more showers. LOL> Hope you enjoyed. Happy life, laughter and losses to you all. Mae
Thanks for the funny, Mae. Always good when you stop by!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Natosha... glad you are feeling a bit better. Can I just say that eating doesn't have to be extreme in any particular direction. If you are depriving yourself of things constantly then naturally your body will want those things (unfortunately it is the way we are wired). Why don't you just try to eat a variety of healthy foods (you can decide if it's LC or not) and start a 'happy' relationship with your food? Fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, and dairy if you like it.

Reading your posts, it seems that you overload on one thing, deprive yourself of others and make yourself really unhappy. I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like a fun existence to me. Eating does not need to be stressful...it really is just fuel for our body to exist. But you need to have harmony between your brain and your body and creating a whole lot of stress over food choices is not doing that. Just my opinion of course and you can take it or leave it, but I think you need to be good to yourself and obtain a bit of balance. Be happy in your skin m'dear. Take care
Old 08-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post

Thanks
Hi Karai!

Thanks for the encouragement! For the pie, I just use the cream cheese muffin recipe and bake it in a pie pan, but to keep you from hunting, the recipe is:

--2 bricks of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
--2 eggs
--1/2 cup of granular Splenda
--1 t. vanilla extract
--1 t. orange extract (my tweak, but it's not necessary)

Soften cream cheese for approximately 40 seconds in microwave. Stir in other ingredients and beat with a mixer until smooth. Pour into a buttered pie plate and bake at 350 until set--anywhere from 20 - 25 minutes, maybe a bit longer depending on your oven.

Yum! My picky DH loves it.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, Mae! Am in the modified fat fast now--well, my version, anyway. Will post more about it this week, along with a few menus.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Hi, aruralgal,

Would live to see some ideas! I'm still FFing myself. I'm usually at about 90 until supper, where I drop to high 70s bc I have a satisfying amount of protein.

Yesterday was:
Coffee w/ HWC 2T
Apple cider 1carb
2 iced coffee with 3T HWC and a splash da Vinci
Precooked bacon over greens with fatty Caesar
2 cheesestrings
Pan fried fresh wild salmon fillets with 1/3 cup raw petite baby carrots
2T roasted almond butter
Lots of non caloric beverages

I find the coffee and iced coffee extremely satisfying with the cream.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Results of fat fast

Okay, in a nutshell:

8/21: 208.5 - Day 1
8/22: 206
8/23: 204.5
8/24: 203.5
8/25: 202
8/26: 202 - Day 1 of modified fat fast, will post results of this phase later

Total weight loss 6.5 pounds, with fat percentage ranging from 81% - 85% and calories from 1,071 - 1,203, so I never did hit the target of 1,000 calories and 90% fat. But, hey, I'm happy!

A few quick observations: I was a bit hungry in the mornings until mid afternoon, then fine the rest of the day. I wasn't bored with the eating, thanks in large part to the Fat Fast Cookbook (about $6). Lots of great recipes I can use when not FFing to bring up my fat. (Can you say Mocha Marscapone Mousse?) I did miss protein, but didn't feel too deprived because I liked the recipes with the high fat.

Now on modified fat fast, I'm experimenting with a bit less fat (around 75%) and protein (around 20%), and 1,300 - 1,400 calories. No drastic changes, though, because I want to hold on to the weight loss.

Looking forward to doing some M&E this weekend!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hi, aruralgal,

Would live to see some ideas! I'm still FFing myself. I'm usually at about 90 until supper, where I drop to high 70s bc I have a satisfying amount of protein.

Yesterday was:
Coffee w/ HWC 2T
Apple cider 1carb
2 iced coffee with 3T HWC and a splash da Vinci
Precooked bacon over greens with fatty Caesar
2 cheesestrings
Pan fried fresh wild salmon fillets with 1/3 cup raw petite baby carrots
2T roasted almond butter
Lots of non caloric beverages

I find the coffee and iced coffee extremely satisfying with the cream.
Hi Natalia! Your menu sounds pretty good, too. I need to try some iced coffee, as we're in a mini heat wave for a few days. . . Congrats on the weight loss, btw!

Some of my favorites over the past several days have been buttered pecans, curried pecans, cream cheese pie (recipe a few posts up), broccoli cheese soup (recipe somewhere in this thread), coleslaw (good for the veggie/crunch needs), Mocha Marscapone Mousse. But I was also happy eating scrambled eggs (or should I say egg?) in lots of butter and some cheese, deviled eggs (always a favorite), nearly anything with HWC.

If you're into buying cookbooks, I think you might like the FF Cookbook by Dana Carpender, where most of those recipes are from. It's just an easy download away--and a few bucks.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

More FF ideas

I can't take the credit here, but don't remember where I saw this. Many good ideas for FF and MFF:

Fat Fast Meal ideas
* One ounce macadamia nuts or macadamia nut butter
* Two ounces cream cheese or Brie
* One ounce of tuna or chicken salad with 2 t mayo served in one quarter of an avocado
* Two devilled eggs made with 2 t mayonnaise
* Two ounces sour cream and 2 T black or red caviar
* Two and a half ounces whipped heavy cream topped with sucralose syrup
* Two ounces of pate
* Two egg yolks (hard boiled) with 1 T of mayonnaise
* low carb (5-10 grams) yogurt w/added cream to bring up fats
* 1/4 c cream in 8 oz diet soda
* 1/4 c cream with diet jello
* 1/4 c cream whipped, add LC syrup or Splenda for flavoring
* 1/3 c Almond Accents
* 1 T sf peanut butter mixed with 1 oz cream cheese, Splenda or DaVinci to taste
* 10 pecans w/ 2 T heavy cream
* 1 oz cream cheese mixed with 2 T coconut
* modified flax cereal: 2 T ground flax, 1 T designer whey protein powder, 1/4 t salt. Mix well and add 1/2 c water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until no longer soupy. Add 1 pat butter and 1 T cream
* 1/3rd of an avocado with 1 T caesar salad dressing
* Low Carb Johnnycake with butter
* Low Carb bread pudding
* Sherrielee's Low Carb pancakes, made with nut flour
* Cheesecake muffin with some pecans
* Dagwood Roll-up: 1 slice bologna, spread with half T of sf peanut butter. 1 thin slice tomato, spread with half a T mayonnaise. Put tomato on top of bologna and roll it up.
* 0.5 oz feta cheese crumbled, 1/4 avocado diced, and 1 T olive oil, mixed as a salad 227 calories, 92% fat, 2 carbs ECC
* 1/4 c Gram's Gourmet Flax 'N Nut Crunchies
*Peanut Butter Shake: 2T half&half, 2T Vanilla DaVinci, 1/2t Vanilla extract, 3 ice cubes, 2T sf peanut butter. Place into blender in that order and Mix/Frappe.

Modified Fat Fast Meal ideas
* 2 cheesecake muffins 296 cal 86%
* 1/2 c Almond Accents 320 cal, 84%
* 1/3 c cream with 4 strawberries and 1 T slivered almonds 332 cal, 90%
* Whole avodcado with 1 T caesar salad dressing - 347 cal, 90% fat
* Whole avocado mashed with 1/3 can tuna - 370 cal, 80% fat
* Same as above, substituting moderate portion of chicken or beef
* Add two eggs to a melted 1.5 tablespoons of butter and scramble. 302 cal, 82% fat
* 2 scrambled eggs, add 1.5 ounces cream cheese when almost done 297, 76%
* 15 pecan halves, 3 tablespoons of cream 301 cal, 93%
* LC cheesecake with no crust (the perfect breakfast!)
* 1 boned chicken thigh. Stuff with 1 oz cream cheese and 1-1/4" slice
onion that's been grilled in 1 T butter 309 cal, 77% fat
* 1 chicken thigh or other protein. Saute spinach to remove moisture, then add 2 tablespoons butter.
* 2 oz cream cheese/10 halves chopped pecans. Make nut balls. 297 cal, 90%
* Caesar salad with chicken or salmon.
* 3 oz cream cheese/1/2 c chopped artichoke heart blend. 339 cal, 80%
* 1/2 c ground beef, 1/2 avocado mashed, and a little sour cream
* Egg salad - 2 lg boiled eggs with 1.5 T mayo 297 cal, 80%
* Custards
* Puddings made with whipping cream and/or sour cream
* Panna Cotta
* Pizza salad - sausage, mozzarella cheese, and lots of veggies
* 1/4 c Gram's Gourmet Flax 'N Nut Crunchies with 2 T cream
* Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst, one link. 280 cal, 81%

Snack ideas for Modified Fat Fast
* Heaping spoonful of whipped cream (sweetened SF, of course)
* 5 pecan halves
* Macadamia nuts
* SF chocolate if it agrees with you and doesn't stall you.
* Melt a SF chocolate bar. Slowly stir in a little cream. Eat it that way, or fold in some whipped cream to make a mousse.
* Coffee with 1/4 cup cream.
* 11 almonds
* Small chunk of cheese
* Spoonful or two of whipping cream
* Peanut butter
* Chocolate mousse
* Latte with sugar-free amaretto flavoring
* 1/4 cup heavy cream in your favorite sugar-free soda

Mr. Neezies Ketogenic No Bake Chocolate Pie

1 box of sugar free white chocolate pudding
8 oz of cream cheese
1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream
2 oz of finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
4 teaspoons of Splenda
4 tablespoons of butter

Melt butter (nuke), add nuts, mix well and press into a 9" pie plate, cover and place in fridge. In large bowl add heavy cream, mix on low with mixer. Add pudding slowly. When mixed beat on high till fluffy. Fold in room temp cream cheese by hand and mix till blended. Spread over nut crust in pie plate and chill 1 hour. Entire pie is 8 slices @ 250 calories each and is 90% fat (or close).
Old 08-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Holy moly !!!
Thank you for all the ideas!! I'm going to go back and take a really close look!
I love the look of the broc cheddar soup! I can't do cream cheese sweet desserts- I binge after, love the taste tho . Too much.

I have been doing buttered almonds.

If you have a keurig, Van Houtte makes a no carb iced coffee that you can whip up.
I refrigerate until cold, then add my cream and sweetener.
Be careful- most iced coffee kcups contain sugar!! Just look at ingredients list in the box.

One of these days I'm going to try cold brew. You just use a quart mason jar , add so much grounds, full with water. Strain the next day and you've got some killer mix!! I think it's a cup of grounds but I m not sure. May want to look up cold brew iced coffee.

Dana Carpender.... I have one of her books that's like a 3 in one.. And I really don't like it. But I really could use some ideas. I keep going back and forth.
I saw a few recipes from the book on her site.. But.
It was like
1egg yolk
1T mayo
Mix.
I mean, ???? Lol I'm not that dense.
Thanks again for all the great ideas!!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Good Morning All!
Well those were some very appropriate posts for me. I’ve been struggling this week after having a great week last week, so decided to switch to Fat Fast for a while this morning. Started this morning with 1-1/2 egg, ˝ oz mayo, 3 small slices of bacon and HWC in my coffee. For lunch I’ll have Brazil Nuts, one of my stand-bys that I find amazingly satisfying. So far that puts me at 681 calories 83% fat.

Thanks for posting the list Arualgirl! Those are some new ideas I haven’t seen. I love, love, love Dana Carpender! Her wit and down to earth approach, not to mention her recipes are the best.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
7lbs away from goal! More comments from folks!

Hello M&Eers!

I've completed another round (it's been 5 days), so I thought I would post my latest weigh-in results whether they be good, bad or indifferent.

I am so pleased with myself. I have lost 2.8lbs! I am now exactly 7lbs now from achieving my next goal. Ecstatic just scraps the surface of how I am feeling today.

This round (the past 5 days) I did things a little differently. For the past 3 weeks or so, I would dedicate at least one day to strictly Egg Fast (you know, I ate only eggs all day long). This go-around I DID NOT do a strict Egg Fast; instead I just stuck to low carb.

Things I have eaten the past 5 days:

-Low Carb Meatloaf with a TBSP of ketchup
-Lime Jello
-Lemon Tea Stix (I prefer these over Crystal Lights)(0 calories and 0 carbs)
-Egg Salad (usually for lunch)
-Green Beans
-Pepperoni slices

I also gave into weakness and had a few tablespoons of Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter. So as you can see, I was not 100% clean in my eating this week, yet, I still had a loss.

Today I am now at my lowest weight since starting low carb/Atkins back on April 3, 2013.

You all have no idea how proud I am that I have actually kept up this "diet" for over 4 months now (it's not a diet it's a WOE) and how impressed I am with the weight falling off/lowering so 'effortlessly.'

Today, a co-worker from another branch came to my workplace and she stopped me and asked "_____, are you losing weight?" I didn't hear what she said at first, and asked her to repeat herself. One of my co-workers intervened and blurted out "Yes, he is. Doesn't he look good?" I smiled. I'm just glad that my efforts are showing on the outside.

I can't believe it.. 7lbs to my next goal. I hope this update can serve as motivation to anyone who is struggling or having a bit of difficulty on LC/M&E/Atkins, etc. If you just do your part, the body will do its part just give it a chance.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what my initial beginning weight was back on April 3rd when I started this journey, but I do know (since I've taken notes and keep a journal, etc.) since I bought my scale 2 months ago (which these days it is def. a friend and not an enemy [a little inside joke there about a thread I started awhile back]) I have been able to keep off 15lbs.

You can do it people! I believe in you! Cheers!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello M&Eers!

I've completed another round (it's been 5 days), so I thought I would post my latest weigh-in results whether they be good, bad or indifferent.

I am so pleased with myself. I have lost 2.8lbs! I am now exactly 7lbs now from achieving my next goal. Ecstatic just scraps the surface of how I am feeling today.

This round (the past 5 days) I did things a little differently. For the past 3 weeks or so, I would dedicate at least one day to strictly Egg Fast (you know, I ate only eggs all day long). This go-around I DID NOT do a strict Egg Fast; instead I just stuck to low carb.

Things I have eaten the past 5 days:

-Low Carb Meatloaf with a TBSP of ketchup
-Lime Jello
-Lemon Tea Stix (I prefer these over Crystal Lights)(0 calories and 0 carbs)
-Egg Salad (usually for lunch)
-Green Beans
-Pepperoni slices

I also gave into weakness and had a few tablespoons of Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter. So as you can see, I was not 100% clean in my eating this week, yet, I still had a loss.

Today I am now at my lowest weight since starting low carb/Atkins back on April 3, 2013.

You all have no idea how proud I am that I have actually kept up this "diet" for over 4 months now (it's not a diet it's a WOE) and how impressed I am with the weight falling off/lowering so 'effortlessly.'

Today, a co-worker from another branch came to my workplace and she stopped me and asked "_____, are you losing weight?" I didn't hear what she said at first, and asked her to repeat herself. One of my co-workers intervened and blurted out "Yes, he is. Doesn't he look good?" I smiled. I'm just glad that my efforts are showing on the outside.

I can't believe it.. 7lbs to my next goal. I hope this update can serve as motivation to anyone who is struggling or having a bit of difficulty on LC/M&E/Atkins, etc. If you just do your part, the body will do its part just give it a chance.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what my initial beginning weight was back on April 3rd when I started this journey, but I do know (since I've taken notes and keep a journal, etc.) since I bought my scale 2 months ago (which these days it is def. a friend and not an enemy [a little inside joke there about a thread I started awhile back]) I have been able to keep off 15lbs.

You can do it people! I believe in you! Cheers!
Big Congrads NAF!!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Hi Karai!

Thanks for the encouragement! For the pie, I just use the cream cheese muffin recipe and bake it in a pie pan, but to keep you from hunting, the recipe is:

--2 bricks of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
--2 eggs
--1/2 cup of granular Splenda
--1 t. vanilla extract
--1 t. orange extract (my tweak, but it's not necessary)

Soften cream cheese for approximately 40 seconds in microwave. Stir in other ingredients and beat with a mixer until smooth. Pour into a buttered pie plate and bake at 350 until set--anywhere from 20 - 25 minutes, maybe a bit longer depending on your oven.

Yum! My picky DH loves it.
Aruralgirl, thanks for the recipe. It is so easy. I will prep it with some twists for my holiday guests. Yum!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody !!

Newest Atkinsfan- congrats on the loss !!

I have another loss- another lb!
So I am on Day 7 of the FF, and down 5lbs!!
If I can ride this to the 60's, I will be on Cloud 9!
Because of some minor adjustments, I am very content eating this way and can keep it up indefinitely.

In other news, I am finally in the 70's in kgs.
And, you know how my shirts were too big? I returned them to Old Navy last night, tried some on, and got 4 shirts in a large!
I used to have to do xxl.
Even when I was 18 and 120lbs I always bought XL bc shirts were made smaller 16 years ago, and I liked them roomy bc of my bewbs.
But I still have lots of room in these L's.
Big NSV.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic OP day!!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Natalia,
Yep, baking is going to have to go away for awhile. I hope not forever because I do enjoy it. My husband would be perfectly happy to just pick something up from the store though. He's been very supportive of me and this WOE.
Of course he is-- he has his sexy vixen back!
Closed Thread