Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
^^ and a total of half a cup of butter in a day, along with all the other stuff, I can see why you may not be losing at a good rate.

I would definitely gain on that menu.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
and 68% fat
(170grams)
and
protein 168grams lol (32%)
Natosha,
I'm assuming you track your food in some food log since you have the numbers. What I would do differently is to watch your protein. That is *a lot* of protein and excess protein can have the same effect as carbs. A place to start would be 1-1.5gm of protein per kilo of ideal weight. So if your ideal weight is 130, then total grams of protein for the day would run between 59-88. You're eating almost double that...and that may be what's slowing your weight loss. Everyone does it differently, but here's what I do...

Carbs: <25 (although lately I've been doing M&E and cutting out the vegies so my carbs are more like under 10)
Protein: 70-105gm (based on my ideal weight)
Fats: I aim for about 1500-1600 calories per day because I am at maintenance, so the balance of my calories are in fat. Depending on whether I'm eating red meat vs. fish (for example), my fats come in anywhere from 71%-83%.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i'm thin i have metab fast i am under 100lbs so its not issue like i have fast metab my hunger is huge and well i am trying to lose but i can't on low cal i just gain! n ruins my metabolism.. i am maintaing on that much but fig more fat the proten will lose since already thin... there for u all to know i never mention my weight cause everyone stops taking to me cause i'm 5'7 and under 100lbs so ok i eat alot that just helps me live better
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

so to say alot for one is too high isnt true i don't lose on less just gain fat storage and look flubbery thin now i'm toned thin so yes like said i eat alot but its healthier then looking fat and thin
Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

i'm sorry to sound harsh just hate everyone to say i am eatting too much when i know eating less on't work and i can't suffer to die on less.. my bod hungers and to starve myself to look weak then how thin i m .. all i want to drop is prob few pouds but like said 97lbs is my weight right now o plz food calories shouldn't mattter since few weeks over month eat over 2000
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Plus last year at lighter weight ate 2500-3000
Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

So the high fat thing as last year is why trying alotcause last year it worked and was lighter
Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Natasha,
Just by your basic numbers that puts you around 15% body fat. That is already in the possibly unhealthy range. Perhaps you should step back for a while and check yourself to make sure you are not heading down a destructive path. Sometimes it’s hard to see in yourself what might be clear to others. No one wants you to hurt yourself. And as you said you don’t want to ruin your metabolism. This is the only body you get, make sure you make it last.

What is a Healthy Body Fat Percentage?

Age-Adjusted Body Fat Charts for Men and Women
If you look around the Internet, you will see a lot of different recommendations for body fat percentages. As far as I can tell, this is the most authoritative, as it is based on World Health Organization and National Institutes of Health recommendations, and takes age into account. Please do not confuse these numbers with the BMI (Body Mass Index) scores, which are not the same thing.

Age-Adusted Body Fat Percentage Recommendations

Women
Age Underfat Healthy Range Overweight Obese
20-40 yrs Under 21% 21-33% 33-39% Over 39%
41-60 yrs Under 23% 23-35% 35-40% Over 40%
61-79 yrs Under 24% 24-36% 36-42% Over 42%

Men
Age Underfat Healthy Range Overweight Obese
20-40 yrs Under 8% 8-19% 19-25% Over 25%
41-60 yrs Under 11% 11-22% 22-27% Over 27%
61-79 yrs Under 13% 13-25% 25-30% Over 30%

Dangers of underweight: By Tara Gidus
MS, RD, CSSD, LD/N
Tara Gidus is a nationally recognized expert and spokesperson on nutrition and fitness

• Prone to infection, comprised immune system
• Low muscle mass
• Hair loss
• Irregular hormone regulation
• Osteoporosis
• Anemia
• Pregnancy complications (or inability to get pregnant)
• Menstrual irregularities

Causes of underweight:
• Genetics. Some people are simply genetically thin with a high metabolism.
• Illness. Many illnesses have a side effect of weight loss including gastrointestinal illnesses, cancer, HIV, hyperthyroidism, and any illness that causes loss of appetite or medications that lead to loss of appetite.
• Psychological. Eating disorders or depression can lead to weight loss.
• Athletics. Many athletes maintain a very low body fat percentage to get a competitive edge over their competition

I wrote yesterday about the and how people who are underweight or thin are not necessarily happy about being thin and don't always appreciate drawing attention to their weight. It is estimated that 8-9% of the population is underweight.Just as there are many negative health consequences to being overweight, being underweight can also result in poor health.less than 18.5 kg/m2. For example, a woman who is 5'6" would have to be less than 113 pounds to be considered underweight. A man who is 6' would have to weigh 137 pounds or less.Personally I don't think BMI is the best measure. Looking at the example above, a woman at 18.5 is thin, but not thin, but a man at 137 pounds and 6' is way too thin. The limitation with BMI is that is does not take into account body fat percentage.Another way to think about underweight is with . Men have essential body fat of 2-5% where woman have essential fat between 12-15%. Anything lower than that for men or women can be associated with health risk.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyona View Post
Lost 2 pounds over yesterday, so that makes 4,8 pounds in 3 days!!!

Yet this turned out to be very exhausting to me, so today I jumped onto clean Paleo with 3 Down days per work week. Unfo I can't find any paleo threads...

Yet we'll be lurking here, especially how it is going witn you, Aruralgirl)))
How many eggs and how much chicken? I've been doing just eggs for four days. I want to add bacon, bot am worried about the sodium. I think it's 350g for 4 pieces. Also thought about tuna, but sodium...

I'm the one that gained almost 7 lbs from dhs 50th bday last Friday, nachos chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, jalapeños,nuts and froyogurt. I'm still up 2.2 from last Friday.

I have steak, but no organic chicken in freezer. I'm also afraid to use mayo. I'm 49 and afraid of bacon and mayo. How pathetic is that!!

Also when you're figuring fat percentages, do you add up the grams and divide them out? I use my fitness pal . Com to track my food and I don't think it shows percentages.

Sorry so long
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I started my new plan Monday, August 19th. After 4 days of M&E moderate to low fat I’m down 3.5#. Today, Friday-Sunday I am going to add low glycemic veggies and maybe a touch of fruit. Monday I will hit the M&E trail again.

One thing I learned is I don’t need as much food as I thought, so next week will be smaller portions (but not restricted). And I seem to do better both with results and head hunger wise with more fat, so next week will also be more moderate fat.

Happy Friday to all and may the Whoosh Fairy kiss you all.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

At 97 lbs at 5 foot seven, "healthy, fit, and toned", eating 2500 a day I would count my blessings every single day and rock your bod.

Why obsess over a pound when you already have it better than 99.9% of the population and already describe yourself as healthy, fit and toned??
Old 08-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

So as for me, I had been up and down the same 4lbs for almost 6 weeks despite HF, LC, low cal, no cheats.

Kicked things up a notch yesterday. Less than 10 carbs all day.
Down 2.5 today and feel great!
Tomorrow we are going to the cottage, but I am keeping the VLC thing going with FF for breakkie and lunch, and some steak and greens with fatty dressing for supper
I got this!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
there for u all to know i never mention my weight cause everyone stops taking to me cause i'm 5'7 and under 100lbs so ok i eat alot that just helps me live better
I guess I'm confused. I thought (and I'm sure others have) you were trying to lose weight. 100 lbs for a 5'7" woman is really low even if you're small frame. Most medical sites recommend 138-150.

If you have such a fast metabolism that you're underweight, then my .02...eat away. Not sure why you're worrying about how much carbs, fat, protein,etc.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

yeah i just wanted to drop maybe to like a little bit of muscle weight that all the protein added but keep the flab away but i am happy i just guess i put on some muscle weight causing for the feeling of heavy ness and i just keep getting it as its weight gain cause of it.. but yeah only reason i eat so much my body is hungry and i can't survive or even move on less then 1500 cause i get hungry or go crazy and try eat anything insite after a day or two.. so yes i just didn't want anyone to say why i eat so much could be reason when its norm opposite for everyone really that metabolism will slow down and you lose tissue muscle weight why you lose weight that be it if you eat so little lol.. and i rather not reduce my bodys ability to burn calories or be able to do things by eating less that just isn't me i did that in the past and it was worst felt dead every day and why its hard now to do so when hungry i have to go and eat or i'll feel like depressed inside .. again i didnt mean to sound rude i just wanted to make it clear about my body and all why i think its ok to eat so much
Old 08-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Good job...You look great in your pic BTW, so you are doing something right!!

I've just changed my WOE too and the scales have started moving down again.. as of this morning I am only 3.9lbs away from my goal weight so I am one very happy little chicken Our summer is just around the corner and for a change I've managed to lose weight over the winter rather than gain... looking forward to being able to wear all of my summer gear again!

Best of luck to you Terri, look forward to seeing you around this thread
Hey Tashy,
I've been doing some reading on Primal. I always thought it was an extreme diet, but from what I'm reading it seems way more simple and obviously healthy WOE. I've been reading the Primal Blueprint web site from Mark Sisson. Where are you getting your info? I'll take a look at that thread you gave us the link to as well.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Tashy,
I've been doing some reading on Primal. I always thought it was an extreme diet, but from what I'm reading it seems way more simple and obviously healthy WOE. I've been reading the Primal Blueprint web site from Mark Sisson. Where are you getting your info? I'll take a look at that thread you gave us the link to as well.
Hey Terri, it is so funny you should say that, I always thought it was some super extreme crazy diet too...turns out I was way off on that!

I started out with Mark Sisson (which is a great starting point) and have been reading lots of information/recipes/tips on places like fastpaleo, things my belly likes, paleo cupboard, just eat real food, nummy for my tummy, nom nom paleo, and wholefood simply. It is an amazingly simple and satisfying way of eating and I feel better than I have in about 15 years. It was a simple transition from my previous WOE (atkins) because I was already sugar/grain free & high fat. It just took my head a bit of convincing to add back in more natural sugars from fruit, extra veggies, honey, and maple syrup and lower my fat intake but I am so glad I did. I initially did it to get my body to shift the last few kilos it's been desperately hanging onto, but I found I have a lot more energy and just feel great too. I'm just reading back over this post and I sound like some nutty evangelist !! Sorry, it just makes me excited.

I also choose to do primal rather than paleo because my body is quite fine with some dairy products; so any of the recipes on those sites can substitute some of the coconut or almond milk or coconut oil with milk or butter if you want (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't because I like all those things).

I'm currently trying to keep my eating at around fat 55%, protein 30% & carb 15% and cals around 1300. It varies a bit from day to day but those ratios are currently working for me and I lose at least a little bit on the scales each day.

Sorry for the long post. I hope that helps, but am happy to share any of my information with you if you need some more

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-23-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
I decided to do another fat fast day--on day 3. This morning I weighed, and I dropped another pound and a half, so that's a total of 4. Will see what the scale says in the morning, and I may do a fourth day tomorrow.

Day 2 menu (yesterday):

B - 1 scrambled egg w/2 T of cheddar

L - broccoli cheese soup (about 3/4 cup)

Snack - 1 deviled egg w/1 T of mayo, 1 t of mustard

D - broccoli cheese soup (about 3/4 cup)

Snack - 4 T heavy whipping cream, 1 bottle Sparkling Ice sf sparkling water, kiwi flavored

Stats: 37 grams protein, 10 net carbs, calories 1,202 (a bit high for this) and 81% fat (a bit low). Yet, still down 1 1/2 pounds, so I'm not worried if I go a little over on calories and under on fat.

Will keep you posted.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
how are you making your broccoli / cheese soup ?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Terri, it is so funny you should say that, I always thought it was some super extreme crazy diet too...turns out I was way off on that!

I started out with Mark Sisson (which is a great starting point) and have been reading lots of information/recipes/tips on places like fastpaleo, things my belly likes, paleo cupboard, just eat real food, nummy for my tummy, nom nom paleo, and wholefood simply. It is an amazingly simple and satisfying way of eating and I feel better than I have in about 15 years. It was a simple transition from my previous WOE (atkins) because I was already sugar/grain free & high fat. It just took my head a bit of convincing to add back in more natural sugars from fruit, extra veggies, honey, and maple syrup and lower my fat intake but I am so glad I did. I initially did it to get my body to shift the last few kilos it's been desperately hanging onto, but I found I have a lot more energy and just feel great too. I'm just reading back over this post and I sound like some nutty evangelist !! Sorry, it just makes me excited.

I also choose to do primal rather than paleo because my body is quite fine with some dairy products; so any of the recipes on those sites can substitute some of the coconut or almond milk or coconut oil with milk or butter if you want (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't because I like all those things).

I'm currently trying to keep my eating at around fat 55%, protein 30% & carb 15% and cals around 1300. It varies a bit from day to day but those ratios are currently working for me and I lose at least a little bit on the scales each day.

Sorry for the long post. I hope that helps, but am happy to share any of my information with you if you need some more
I think I was confusing it with Paleo. I'm sorry, but I'm not giving up coffee and HWC. Honestly when I get to goal I want to move to a WOE that is as healthy as possible, but doesn't keep me from living.

Mark's site is awesome. I downloaded tons of stuff and have a lot of reading to do.

Admittedly I am not a coconut fan and have never seen the benefits of Coconut Oil. In fact it makes me gain. I really like the concept that you cut out the crap, but listen to your body.

So when you moved from M&E, etc to Primal, you just started losing again? Thanks for all the great info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
I decided to do another fat fast day--on day 3. This morning I weighed, and I dropped another pound and a half, so that's a total of 4. Will see what the scale says in the morning, and I may do a fourth day tomorrow.

Stats: 37 grams protein, 10 net carbs, calories 1,202 (a bit high for this) and 81% fat (a bit low). Yet, still down 1 1/2 pounds, so I'm not worried if I go a little over on calories and under on fat.

Will keep you posted.
Nice job ARG You're doing great! FF was always good to me as well.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
how are you making your broccoli / cheese soup ?
Hi Shelby'snana! Here's the recipe.

Broccoli cheese soup

--2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
--4 oz. cream cheese
--1 cup of water
--1/4 heavy whipping cream
--1/2 cup of chicken broth
--1 cup of cheddar
--salt and pepper to taste

Mix 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli, the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of water, and heavy whipping cream in a blender. Pour this into a pot, and add broth, remaining broccoli and water, and stir. Bring to a simmer. Mix in the cheddar until melted. Salt and pepper to taste (recipe called for 1 teaspoon of salt, and I probably used close to that).

Serves 4, 280 calories, 79.3% fat

I got it out of the Fat Fast Cookbook, (which I'm finding to be quite useful, btw)so I take no credit. I did tweak it and used 1 cup of water (they listed 2 cups), as I thought 2 cups of water would be too weak.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nice job ARG You're doing great! FF was always good to me as well.
Thanks, Terri! I found your posts helpful--so glad you chimed in!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
I think I was confusing it with Paleo. I'm sorry, but I'm not giving up coffee and HWC. Honestly when I get to goal I want to move to a WOE that is as healthy as possible, but doesn't keep me from living.

Mark's site is awesome. I downloaded tons of stuff and have a lot of reading to do.

Admittedly I am not a coconut fan and have never seen the benefits of Coconut Oil. In fact it makes me gain. I really like the concept that you cut out the crap, but listen to your body.

So when you moved from M&E, etc to Primal, you just started losing again? Thanks for all the great info!!
Not a problem I still have the occasional coffee with HWC as a treat Now I mostly just use almond milk or full cream milk on occasion. I really love this WOE as I'm a lot less restricted with my eating and really feel like I'm not depriving myself and just living like a normal person. Enjoying coconut helps, although definitely not essential

No you haven't confused it really, Primal is just Paleo plus dairy really...but they both have the same basic principles (plus or minus dairy).

Yes, that has been the only way for me to start losing again. I figured that maybe my carbs were too low and my body was protecting itself a bit and not using all the extra fat I was eating and then I starting adjusting my WOE. Upon doing heaps of reading I realised that I had actually adjusted it to be an LC primal diet. I was too scared for ages to up my carbs because I was worried about gaining, but I didn't really have much choice because I was so lethargic and thought maybe my carb level was the problem. I still eat what is considered an LC diet and it's usually within the range of 45-60 grams carbs per day; full carbs not net carbs, I don't count them anymore. I used to sit around the 20-30 grams mark before Paleo/Primal.

Glad to have helped a bit
Old 08-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Thanks ! looks good I need to make me some to take to work . Yum.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Down another pound today, so I decided to do a fourth day of fat fast.

Here's yesterday's menu (day 3):

B - 1 egg w/2 T cheddar cheese

L - broccoli cheese soup, 3/4 cup

Snack - 1 deviled egg w/1 1/2 T mayo, 1/4 t mustard and 5 green olives

D - 1/4 cup of pecan halves in 1/2 T butter

Snack - cream cheese pie, (cream cheese muffin batter baked in a pie pan) 1/8 slice of pie

Stats: 33 grams protein, 10 grams of carbs, calories 1,199, fat percentage 83.4%.

Again, not quite as low calorie-wise as recommended, and fat percentage didn't get up to 90%, but still losing.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

I'm down another lb today after the 2.5 loss after the first day.
Going to continue on tomorrow I guess that makes me Day 4.

I'm too low on fats, though. in the 70's. Main difference in my WOE is higher fat (up from low 60's), lower carbs (under 10 instead of 25ish net.), lowish fiber (looking at total and net carbs now. Previously I was having soooo much fiber, I would see total carbs up to 70 with around 25 net. Rest was fiber!!

also cut out all sugar alcohols for now. It appears to be helping, and i feel leaner/less bloated.

today, though, was at the cottage. Potluck. the only dish i could trust was mine.
I had grilling steak, a handful of baby spinach, and fatty dressing. bypassed all desserts.
only thing is I did have about 150ml vodka. trying to get some liquids in now.

Sure hope the scale isnt too horrific tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
For Natosha. Hugs

Quote:
yeah i just wanted to drop maybe to like a little bit of muscle weight that all the protein added but keep the flab away but i am happy i just guess i put on some muscle weight causing for the feeling of heavy ness and i just keep getting it as its weight gain cause of it.. but yeah only reason i eat so much my body is hungry and i can't survive or even move on less then 1500 cause i get hungry or go crazy and try eat anything insite after a day or two.. so yes i just didn't want anyone to say why i eat so much could be reason when its norm opposite for everyone really that metabolism will slow down and you lose tissue muscle weight why you lose weight that be it if you eat so little lol.. and i rather not reduce my bodys ability to burn calories or be able to do things by eating less that just isn't me i did that in the past and it was worst felt dead every day and why its hard now to do so when hungry i have to go and eat or i'll feel like depressed inside .. again i didnt mean to sound rude i just wanted to make it clear about my body and all why i think its ok to eat so much
Natosha, I'm slightly taller than you hon, but you don't need to weigh less than 100 lbs. You're gonna hurt yourself. It's no wonder you're hungry all the time. Your body is telling you something, listen to it. Get on a maintenance plan, don't try to lose any more hon, you'll get sick. We ALL care about you, please take care of yourself, we want the best for you. Hugs. Mae
Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

WTG EVERYONE -- Had to share this, read and laugh

Quote:
Not a problem I still have the occasional coffee with HWC as a treat Now I mostly just use almond milk or full cream milk on occasion. I really love this WOE as I'm a lot less restricted with my eating and really feel like I'm not depriving myself and just living like a normal person. Enjoying coconut helps, although definitely not essential

No you haven't confused it really, Primal is just Paleo plus dairy really...but they both have the same basic principles (plus or minus dairy).

Yes, that has been the only way for me to start losing again. I figured that maybe my carbs were too low and my body was protecting itself a bit and not using all the extra fat I was eating and then I starting adjusting my WOE. Upon doing heaps of reading I realised that I had actually adjusted it to be an LC primal diet. I was too scared for ages to up my carbs because I was worried about gaining, but I didn't really have much choice because I was so lethargic and thought maybe my carb level was the problem. I still eat what is considered an LC diet and it's usually within the range of 45-60 grams carbs per day; full carbs not net carbs, I don't count them anymore. I used to sit around the 20-30 grams mark before Paleo/Primal.

Glad to have helped a bit
-----------------------------
TO ALL: Proud of everyone for their losses and words here, thank you all. I appreciate the kudos. Sorry been away a few days. Had to catch up and read everyone's words. SO good luck on new woes, like Tashy here, and glad to see the weight losses, congrats everyone. Rooting for you all. NOW for a bit of HUMOR:

This is quoted from the August 2013 issue of Seniorific News. I can't take credit for it, but had to share this bit of humor from it. It was sent in by a reader of the publication.

"I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner! I use the shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: For Extra Body and Volume." No wonder I've been gaining weight!
Well! I've gotten rid of that shampoo and am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "Dissolves Fat that is otherwise difficult to Remove." Problem solved.

Now if losing weight could really be that easy and simple. We'd all take more showers. LOL> Hope you enjoyed. Happy life, laughter and losses to you all. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 08-24-2013 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
How many eggs and how much chicken? I've been doing just eggs for four days. I want to add bacon, bot am worried about the sodium. I think it's 350g for 4 pieces. Also thought about tuna, but sodium...

I'm the one that gained almost 7 lbs from dhs 50th bday last Friday, nachos chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, jalapeños,nuts and froyogurt. I'm still up 2.2 from last Friday.

I have steak, but no organic chicken in freezer. I'm also afraid to use mayo. I'm 49 and afraid of bacon and mayo. How pathetic is that!!

Also when you're figuring fat percentages, do you add up the grams and divide them out? I use my fitness pal . Com to track my food and I don't think it shows percentages.

Sorry so long
Hi Gator, There is nitrate free, very low sodium bacon out there, look around. And it's actually ok to add that occasionally. I have bacon a few times a month, I worry about it too, but not stressing on it. I use mayo also, full fat kind. It's good with eggs and bacon in a salad. Why not change it up slightly to give yourself a break. You can always go back to it. Just try a little if you're too worried. I'll be doing a three day egg fast Sun, Mon, Tues, if you still need a partner let me know. Egg salad is part of it, and you can use Dijon mustard with some mayo in your egg salad and a sprinkle of bacon so that wouldn't hurt. Sorry, unless you're sensitive to it. Hope all goes well for you. Mae
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
I'm down another lb today after the 2.5 loss after the first day.
Going to continue on tomorrow I guess that makes me Day 4.

I'm too low on fats, though. in the 70's. Main difference in my WOE is higher fat (up from low 60's), lower carbs (under 10 instead of 25ish net.), lowish fiber (looking at total and net carbs now. Previously I was having soooo much fiber, I would see total carbs up to 70 with around 25 net. Rest was fiber!!

also cut out all sugar alcohols for now. It appears to be helping, and i feel leaner/less bloated.

today, though, was at the cottage. Potluck. the only dish i could trust was mine.
I had grilling steak, a handful of baby spinach, and fatty dressing. bypassed all desserts.
only thing is I did have about 150ml vodka. trying to get some liquids in now.

Sure hope the scale isnt too horrific tomorrow!
Don't forget a water chaser, lol, vodka can dry you out.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Down another pound today, so I decided to do a fourth day of fat fast.

Here's yesterday's menu (day 3):

B - 1 egg w/2 T cheddar cheese

L - broccoli cheese soup, 3/4 cup

Snack - 1 deviled egg w/1 1/2 T mayo, 1/4 t mustard and 5 green olives

D - 1/4 cup of pecan halves in 1/2 T butter

Snack - cream cheese pie, (cream cheese muffin batter baked in a pie pan) 1/8 slice of pie

Stats: 33 grams protein, 10 grams of carbs, calories 1,199, fat percentage 83.4%.

Again, not quite as low calorie-wise as recommended, and fat percentage didn't get up to 90%, but still losing.
I love green olive slices in or on my deviled eggs , slurpy good. Sounds like a great menu; broccoli cheddar soup is the creamiest. Great going.
Closed Thread