Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Tash! Thanks. It seems so long ago I didn't think anyone would remember.

Sounds like you're doing well!
Yep I still remember all of your helpful input and kind words

I am doing quite well indeed thank you. How have you been?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
I've had a great summer. Jumping in and out of plans to keep my weight at bay searching for my own little WOE. Now is the time to buckle down and accumulate some losses to get back into my skinny clothes for the holidays and back to my stellar health numbers.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've had a great summer. Jumping in and out of plans to keep my weight at bay searching for my own little WOE. Now is the time to buckle down and accumulate some losses to get back into my skinny clothes for the holidays and back to my stellar health numbers.
Good job...You look great in your pic BTW, so you are doing something right!!

I've just changed my WOE too and the scales have started moving down again.. as of this morning I am only 3.9lbs away from my goal weight so I am one very happy little chicken Our summer is just around the corner and for a change I've managed to lose weight over the winter rather than gain... looking forward to being able to wear all of my summer gear again!

Best of luck to you Terri, look forward to seeing you around this thread

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-21-2013 at 05:45 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post

I've just changed my WOE too and the scales have started moving down again.. as of this morning I am only 3.9lbs away from my goal weight so I am one very happy little chicken Our summer is just around the corner and for a change I've managed to lose weight over the winter rather than gain... looking forward to being able to wear all of my summer gear again!

Terri, welcome back, glad to see you again.
Hey Tashy. Proud of ya. Keep up the great work and so glad you're that close ot your goal.
Mae
Old 08-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quick hi to Naf, Natosha, Aomiel, Kris/Kris, Arural, Terri, Tasy, Kari, and everyone else I might have not mentioned, lol. Hope everyone's week is going good. I know we've all had ups and downs, but I believe you can do it.

Sharing with ya today, I weighed in and went from 245.8 down to 237.0, so an 8.8 weight loss for this last week. Yeps, happy about that. Mostly M/E meals, some fat, a few sauteed veggies (onions, bellpeppers, bits of spinach now and then), mostly spices meat/eggs, some cheese, and fats of course. Walked a little last week, knees were hurting slightly so didn't walk as much as I usually do. Better now so upping the excercise this week.
Just sharing so you know it can work for all of us. I believe in you all. Take care and happy losing. Mae
Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Quick hi to Naf, Natosha, Aomiel, Kris/Kris, Arural, Terri, Tasy, Kari, and everyone else I might have not mentioned, lol. Hope everyone's week is going good. I know we've all had ups and downs, but I believe you can do it.

Sharing with ya today, I weighed in and went from 245.8 down to 237.0, so an 8.8 weight loss for this last week. Yeps, happy about that. Mostly M/E meals, some fat, a few sauteed veggies (onions, bellpeppers, bits of spinach now and then), mostly spices meat/eggs, some cheese, and fats of course. Walked a little last week, knees were hurting slightly so didn't walk as much as I usually do. Better now so upping the excercise this week.
Just sharing so you know it can work for all of us. I believe in you all. Take care and happy losing. Mae
Mae that's fab news Well done on an awesome effort. You should be really proud of yourself. The exercise makes all of the difference I find and it really helps keep the serotonin levels up and keeps you feeling happy and motivated...not to mention how it helps the scales move down! It's great to hear everyone's stories too and keeps the motivation going

Happy losing everyone...
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello there M&Eers.

Today was a weigh-in day and I thought i'd share the news with you all. I am very happy to say that once again I have lost. I lost 1.4lbs in 5 days. Now I know, that isn't a lot, BUT in 5 days of 50/50 eating (half the time I stayed on plan, the other half ate fast food places) I think that is amazing that I still lost and DID NOT gain. I was sure I would have, but I didn't.

I'm still doing small egg fasts anywhere from 3-5 days at a time. If you haven't tried it yet, you should; doing research I've found that people have lost as much as 8lbs in 3 days doing Egg Fasts. The most I have lost is 6.5lbs in 5 days.

Today marks a new low for me. I am less than 10lbs to my next goal! Wow, I cannot believe I'm typing that.. less than 10lbs.

Now if I could just motivate myself to do what I'm supposed to do (stick to plan, get in some exercise here and there) I KNOW I can reach it by Labor Day. But the real question is... will I?

I've scanned the posts since the last time I posted. I can't recall specifically who asked what or commented what, but there are some things I'd like to say.

1)Remember the 3 Ps-- patience (this is not a get skinny quick thing, this is a WOE), perseverance (If at first you mess up, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, learn from the mistake, and continue on) and preparation (have those snacks and meals ready in times of weakness and uncertainty.

2) YMMV or I should say, will vary with M&E. Everyone is different, if we were all the same we'd all be model-thin. And although it is perfectly natural to want a better, healthier, sexier body, it is also important to stop and be thankful for the one we have and the everyday abilities it gives us and we unconsciously take for granted. Some people aren't so fortunate.

3) If at anytime the WOE seems more like a punishment or chore than a WOE, stop, and look at your other options; there is a "right" WOE out there for you that will lead to success.

4) Sometimes progress isn't presented on the scale. The non-scale victories (kudos and feedback from other people, clothes fitting better, noticing "new" muscles on the body) are enough of a motivation to keep going.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get all preachy and all that, but we all need reassurance and a pep-talk sometimes (I know I do). Keep going for the gold people. You can do it! I know you can! I'm right there along with you!

Cheers.
NAF...great advice. Well done on your loss. It's very exciting seeing the results and making it to you mini goals along the way. Great job
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Wow Tashy, that's fantastic! WTG!!!!!

Quote:
Terri, welcome back, glad to see you again.
Hey Tashy. Proud of ya. Keep up the great work and so glad you're that close ot your goal.
Mae
Thanks Mae, and big congrads to you!!

Today's scale report was unimpressive so I added some fat in today. I was trying to go more Dukanish lean but my body responds well to the fat. And after reading the "gang's" opinions, it looks as I'm not the only one.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow Tashy, that's fantastic! WTG!!!!!

Today's scale report was unimpressive so I added some fat in today. I was trying to go more Dukanish lean but my body responds well to the fat. And after reading the "gang's" opinions, it looks as I'm not the only one.
Thanks Terri

Yep, fat is good! I try to keep mine between 55-60% of my intake everyday and have the best results I've ever had. I used to have it too high to lose weight but I don't lose weight when I have it too low...*sigh* all trial and error I'm afraid!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Thanks Tashy, Alyona, and Terri for the advice/comments about FF. And thanks for passing along the thread link, Terri.

Big congrats Tashy, Mae, and Naf on your weight loss! Great job! And I appreciate the pep talk, Naf!

Okay, Day 1 of FF has passed, and I made it--yay! A bit hungry in the morning and afternoon, but the evening was better.

Minor irritation--why do they have to call it "feedings" instead of meals on FF? Maybe I've watched too many X Files reruns lately, but the word "feedings" sounds like some alien or monster doing terrible things to a human.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Okay, Day 1 of FF has passed, and I made it--yay! A bit hungry in the morning and afternoon, but the evening was better.

Minor irritation--why do they have to call it "feedings" instead of meals on FF? Maybe I've watched too many X Files reruns lately, but the word "feedings" sounds like some alien or monster doing terrible things to a human.
Good to see it's working ok for you...would you mind posting what you had today, just out of interest?

I know what you mean about the word 'feedings' It kind of grossed me out too...I think they should just call them mini meals or snacks!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Terri

Yep, fat is good! I try to keep mine between 55-60% of my intake everyday and have the best results I've ever had. I used to have it too high to lose weight but I don't lose weight when I have it too low...*sigh* all trial and error I'm afraid!
I'm the same way. Even when I was doing Fat Fast my sweet spot is 82-85%. Once I get over that, I don't do so well.

Can't wait to hear how you do Aruralgirl. I'd like to see your menu too. And I don't call it feeding either. I don't want to consider myself animal stock
Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone and welcome TerriMM

WTG Naf! and thanx for the wise words. yeah we've all heard them but a refresher every now and again helps. Well it helps me

Mae: wow! wow! wow! Holy cow thats amazing! I could knock out my last bit in a week and a half if I could lose like that.

Tashy: incrediable! And lol at losing over winter instead of gaining, me too

I havent lost a jot in days and Im over M&E at the moment. I did add in some extra fat today, but thats mostly for the laxitive effect. Hubby has been making the odd comment this week about have I done enough yet, and should I think about stopping now. I dont know. Im getting some very nice complements....

I might do an egg and chicken run soon. My best loses have been on the streches where I have chicken. Im prolly comsuming too much omega something or another, but sometimes I just want the weight loss journey to be over and just maintain already!

I know there are people who have journied longer and future than me and i should be greatful, but i am tired and thinking about food as a dietry substance, and not just my dinner.

Sorry for the wah wah, guys. Hope youre all having a great day!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
Lost 2 pounds over yesterday, so that makes 4,8 pounds in 3 days!!!

Yet this turned out to be very exhausting to me, so today I jumped onto clean Paleo with 3 Down days per work week. Unfo I can't find any paleo threads...

Yet we'll be lurking here, especially how it is going witn you, Aruralgirl)))
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post

I might do an egg and chicken run soon. My best loses have been on the streches where I have chicken. Im prolly comsuming too much omega something or another, but sometimes I just want the weight loss journey to be over and just maintain already!
Same with me, Terri! Yesterday I lost much better on chicken and eggs with mayo (2 pounds) then on fish with eggs on previous day (0,6 pound).
Old 08-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyona View Post
Lost 2 pounds over yesterday, so that makes 4,8 pounds in 3 days!!!

Yet this turned out to be very exhausting to me, so today I jumped onto clean Paleo with 3 Down days per work week. Unfo I can't find any paleo threads...

Yet we'll be lurking here, especially how it is going witn you, Aruralgirl)))
There is a paleo/primal thread...it's under 'neandorthin' or something like that
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post

WTG Naf! and thanx for the wise words. yeah we've all heard them but a refresher every now and again helps. Well it helps me

Mae: wow! wow! wow! Holy cow thats amazing! I could knock out my last bit in a week and a half if I could lose like that.

Tashy: incrediable! And lol at losing over winter instead of gaining, me too

I havent lost a jot in days and Im over M&E at the moment. I did add in some extra fat today, but thats mostly for the laxitive effect. Hubby has been making the odd comment this week about have I done enough yet, and should I think about stopping now. I dont know. Im getting some very nice complements....

I know there are people who have journied longer and future than me and i should be greatful, but i am tired and thinking about food as a dietry substance, and not just my dinner.

Sorry for the wah wah, guys. Hope youre all having a great day!
Personally if my head is not in it, pressing on can be counterproductive. You’ve done great! Give yourself a break, bask in your success and stabilize your loss. When and if you’re ready to try for a few more pounds you’ll know it. And your body will be in a better position to allow it. Remember it’s your body’s natural defense to prevent you from starving.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Mae, NAF, Tashy, Alyona...congratulations on the weight loss! I was gonna say 'Congratulations losers' but that just doesn't sound right.

I haven't been trying to lose any more weight but for the last 2 weeks I've been sitting at 155 (vs my maintenance of 160). Surprising since I actually have more muscle than I did 3 months ago so am wondering if that means I've actually lost more than 5 pounds of 'fat'.

Last March I didn't like how I looked at 155, but I'm think with time, a little skin shrinkage and building the underlying muscle for tone, it doesn't look bad on me.

Still doing BPC, although I saw someone mention they did a mini BPC and only had one. That's all I ever have, one coffee with 2 Tbs of Kerrygold blended in it. Don't think I want to go for 400 calories of fat for breakfast.

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying on plan!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for cheering me on, everybody!

Lost 2.5 pounds since yesterday, but let me backtrack and explain a little. Hubby and I were on vacation last week, stayed home, though, and I gained 3.5 pounds back. And the only thing I did that was off plan was a very small piece of cake at my friend's moving away party. Ugh! Plus I thought walking 9 miles would have helped me some, but it didn't seem to do much.

So, this week I'm back to eating meals by myself and lost one of those pounds before I started FF. Now, after the first day of FF, I lost the rest of it. So, I am pleased, just not sure I can count it as progress as it could just be a whoosh. I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow, though.

Here's what I ate: (Some recipes from Fat Fast Cookbook.)

B - 1 big coffee with 4 T of HWC and 3 T sf choc. syrup (200 calories/92.7% fat)

L- 1 1/2 cups of coleslaw (from Fat Fast Cookbook: 208 calories/83.7% fat)

Snack - 1 deviled egg w/1 T of mayo, 1/4 t mustard; 6 green olives
(200 calories/not sure of fat stats)

D - broccoli cheese soup (from Fat Fast Cookbook: 280 calories/79.3% fat)

Snack - lemony cream cheese (from Fat Fast Cookbook: 200 calories/86.9% fat)

Water: 7 cups, 1 black raspberry Sparkling Ice (sf sparkling water)

Total calories 1,088, fat (from the stats I had) 85.6% (if my math is correct)

Day 2 today. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Oh, forgot to mention, congrats on your weight loss, too, Alyona!
I admire your tenacity doing the single mom thing and doing the weight loss thing. You could be drowning your sorrows in bon bons, but here you are losing weight. Great job!

LilB, I think you're doing great--especially if your hubby is saying maybe you should stop where you are.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Ok today so far eating 2tblspoon butter on two eggs three Turk bacon n lowfat cheese. Lunch three leg drums two tblspoon butter total 70% fat and 1130 cals so far..

Be out with mom to get her MRI done on her leg .. I am trying and need hel from thinking to switch diets I guess. Fear I am still screwing things up..

Question.... any one think say you eat something like heavy at night and the scale shows you 6 lbs heavier will that be cause weight gain since u drank 4 cups liquid and ate maybe huge meal or will it go down when digested?

Ty
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Hi Terri, reading your post and seeing the word "holidays" put me alert! It is motivating to think that the holidays are getting closer. It's like having something/goal to work towards. You're right. Now is the time to buckle down and stay focused. I am feeling more motivated!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Edited
Quote:
Congratulations Mae! The WHOOSH fairy did more than visited you, she moved in and took up residence!! I know that you are feeling great!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
Be out with mom to get her MRI done on her leg .. I am trying and need hel from thinking to switch diets I guess. Fear I am still screwing things up..

Question.... any one think say you eat something like heavy at night and the scale shows you 6 lbs heavier will that be cause weight gain since u drank 4 cups liquid and ate maybe huge meal or will it go down when digested?

Ty
Natosha,
Just stick with it. I think impatience and switching back and forth from one diet to another is probably what does many of us in. Stick to this for at least 3 months. Then re-evaluate...but be honest about whether or not the diet is failing you...or vice versa (e.g. cheating).

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, butt naked and at the same time every morning (cuz I've found an hour one way or the other can mean a loss or gain of several pounds and it's just frustrating). Then I don't weigh again. It's a wasted exercise.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

you know that hour thing i feel same like if weigh earlier an hour or so could result in water difference on scale then if same time or eating later then norm etc..

ok today ok day so far feeling better bit tired today think i notice starving past two days that weight doesn't change but mood surly does so not helpful just makes me super tired and muscles shrink slowing metab lol....

well heres todays approach was out to docs so had

breakfast- 2eggs,2tblspoons butter,3strips turk bacon washed off abit to lower salty ness, and 1 cheese string low fat so at 76% fat

lunch - was hungry and needed early before my moms appointment so had
leftovers 3 roasted drums with two tblspoons butter

out for while home at 3pm made her a cup of tea.. and in the oven did a simple no boil but just roast form of drumsticks..norm would boil and have broth but just decided not too and easier to cook near an hour total for 8 drums larges and have drippings lol so made 8 and served up cause hungry first three but felt still hungry so had 5 and then left three for tomorrow yet added 2 tblspoons then 2 more of butter and the juices on bottom lol yummy lol rich golden yellow lol haha goodstuff

and so lunch was 64% and so was dinner at the 66% fat

and total day 68% grams fat man its gonna be hard to get fat lol high lol near 80s atleast if i slowly get up there guess be ok

at 70 be a goal lol start slow lol..
Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

so total be like 3net carbs gonna say range 3-5 for soda too intake since disc have don't count any in sugar free drink splenda cola lol.. and 68% fat
(170grams)
and
protein 168grams lol (32%)

so not bad i think at night got hungry so from breakfast was

7am

lunch at 10:30 am

dinner 4:15 pm

so not bad sortof then started slow 3drums butter 2tblspoons still hungry so placed two more and 2tblspoons butter

feel better(not sick stuff like can't movie or ill) just right amount now be full all night

trying three meals but feel no matter if broken down or together eat about same amount lol just broken up lol..

ok so hoping this looks ok
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
There is a paleo/primal thread...it's under 'neandorthin' or something like that
Alyona here it is Paleolithic & Neanderthin - Low Carb Friends
Old 08-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Natosha,
Just stick with it. I think impatience and switching back and forth from one diet to another is probably what does many of us in. Stick to this for at least 3 months. Then re-evaluate...but be honest about whether or not the diet is failing you...or vice versa (e.g. cheating).

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, butt naked and at the same time every morning (cuz I've found an hour one way or the other can mean a loss or gain of several pounds and it's just frustrating). Then I don't weigh again. It's a wasted exercise.
That is such good advice Aomiel. I'm the same, I only weigh once a day, naked, morning and at the same time It helps alleviate some of the frustration and gives me a chance to track my weight accurately because the conditions are the same everyday.

Natosha, I can't help but notice that you have received the same advice over and over from everyone here and that is to really try to stick to one WOE for a longer period of time and give it a chance. It just appears that you don't want to hear the advice they are giving you for some reason. I'm not trying to be harsh or judgmental but you keep asking for help and people are giving it to you... maybe the best thing to do is really try to take the stress out of how you are feeling about your diet at the moment and follow an actual, written out plan so you can give yourself a chance to succeed.

Please don't think I'm being mean or insensitive. Believe me, I know how frustrating it can be to yo-yo and jump back and forth between weight (I think most people here can relate) but you don't seem to be giving your body a chance to respond to the changes you are making. Be patient with yourself and your body... take a deep breath and relax...you will get there in the end
Old 08-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great advise. It's hard sometimes to remember these very good points. I have to remind my own fickle self from time to time.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Natosha..

I could be way off base here but isn't 5 large chicken legs and 1/4 cup butter a lot of food at one sitting? Even if you are low carbing, calories do count somewhat.

Have you tried going lower in calories?
Closed Thread