Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyona View Post
Hello, everyone!!!

Was looking for appropriate thread and have found one

My life has been rather hectic lately, with giving a birth to a child, moving to another country after my daughter fell 1,5 years old. Unfortunately my husband preferred not to join us, so I'm alone now with a baby and that is damn hard. About to take a crucial decision of whether I need such a man... and more leaning towards '''I deserve so much better'' and thinking of getting a divorce. We are separated for 2 months already anyway

But before jumping into it, I want to take some time to myself and do something precious for me, and what I've been trying to do for the last 10 years at least - I want to lose 30 pounds, get up and look in the mirror with confidence, go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, and feel fabulous!!!!

My plan is doing M&E for 5 workdays, then having a paleo weekend. During M&E phase I will also use olive, coconut oils enough for cooking. Will also mix it up with IF, eating within 5 hours window...

So please welcome me Starting weight -176 pounds.
Alyona!! We're glad to have you aboard. You'll find a great group of people here. Good luck on your woe, sorry you went through all that. Take care of yourself. You deserve that. Mae

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hiya folks Just popping in for a 24 hour M&E stint to change things up a little.

Today's menu:

B: 2 x boiled eggs, BP coffee
L: Roast chicken (2 x drumsticks, 1 x thigh), BP coffee
S: Frozen decaf iced coffee with hwc & stevia
D: Bacon, egg & chicken pie
40 mins of elliptical trainer + 15 mins free weights

Hopefully it will look good on the scales tomorrow

Happy losing everyone...
Only 24 hours, woe is you! Happy losing yourself Tashygal. good menu.
Hi to everyone else (Gator, Starmomz, Kris, NAF, Arural, Lil, MandyD, Gator, Aomiel, HappyisNow, BC...etc...) Many losses and a happy life to you all. Mae.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
not sure up this pound or two not sure when move scale says two up but in same place just one and guessing alot heard that working out causes muscle and maybe my activity is why since eveyrthing else looks ok

but i doubt this feeling so angry that i don't know and trying not to be hungry is backfiring
today so be big high cal meal day hoping well its lik chicken breast and butter all day trying avoid salt of cheese or so but just feel so hungry
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

i wish i could skip like fig make more protein and meal only 3 then 4 but my appetite and all.. man i think i am going to fall into my eating disorder again if i can't figure it out.. i feel like nothings working i tried everything and i just hate feeling unable to eat since i starved myself for awhile in the past why prob hard to do it now.. or i won't be able to work on things.. i think I'm going to say today is over either i might just fall into my eating disorder and lose weight quick.. even if i feel guilty atleast i know i'll lose... just getting so disappointed..
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

or if today just go with it and let the calories go high for once and stop holding back.. like i said i'm eating and even if they were like 2000 still but more fat then proein i wake super starved at night and all figure prob be losing but as seems i am constipated as well.. but i just don't know what to do no more..... its only reason i need to report on here i need someone to talk too cause at this point i just am crying depressed and feel so grossed out by myside that i want to lose control .... i'm sorry i just feel so upset
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

well I guess lets say it help at the moment down a pound so maybe today will lose some doing this for time being till figure a diet plan out.. i know right now its all water weight but i do need figure this out and i don't want to rely on an eating disorder to lose since my body skin and nails will be affected as well.. i'm sorry for upseting you all i just felt to depressed
Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

and thanks for all your help i guess i need to rethink my idea again before i get hooked to just hurting myself
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
Mae, thank you so much for welcoming!!!! Words of support mean much to me

My first day went fine, basically because of all that stress I didn't feel like eating, so just had a couple of mackerel servings and 2 eggs. Still have 1,5 hours to go of my IF window, so might have some cottage cheese.

Can't wait to jump on scales tomorrow

Natosha, usually such depressed mood and lack of satiation comes to me when I have PMS, I get hungry and extremely moody. The only thing which helped is taking magnesium, 400 mg a day. Might be of assistance

On the other hand, if this craving goes on, then your body cries for something, probably you should try paleo style for some days with veggies, couple of fruits, a square of dark choc and see if you feel better
Old 08-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I was reading a 'health' article today, and a comment really stood out to me: "If you consume more than 2 eggs a week, you are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease"

I eat 2 eggs for breakfast. Then another two for lunch. Sometimes I have one or two for dinner. Seven days a week. Better not let them know
I eat at least one every single day and sometimes more... conventional wisdom is ridiculous! These are usually the same people advocating increasing the amount of wheat and sugar you eat and endorsing high carb/low fat diets as being the only way to be 'healthy'.

On that note, I'm down 2lbs today... so, in your face 'health' article, I ate 5 eggs yesterday!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Only 24 hours, woe is you! Happy losing yourself Tashygal. good menu.
Hahaha, thanks Mae Yeah just a mere 24 hour stop in to 'surprise' my body a bit... did the trick though, down 2lbs Any more than 24 hours lately and I am always dangerously close to derailing by the end of the second day and bingeing on veggies and nuts That sounds so funny to me, gone are the days of bingeing on chocolate & cakes!!!

How are you going? Doing M&E at the moment?

Happy losing everyone, have a great day
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello, everyone!!!

My life has been rather hectic lately, with giving a birth to a child, moving to another country after my daughter fell 1,5 years old. Unfortunately my husband preferred not to join us, so I'm alone now with a baby and that is damn hard. About to take a crucial decision of whether I need such a man... and more leaning towards '''I deserve so much better'' and thinking of getting a divorce. We are separated for 2 months already anyway

But before jumping into it, I want to take some time to myself and do something precious for me, and what I've been trying to do for the last 10 years at least - I want to lose 30 pounds, get up and look in the mirror with confidence, go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, and feel fabulous!!!!

My plan is doing M&E for 5 workdays, then having a paleo weekend. During M&E phase I will also use olive, coconut oils enough for cooking. Will also mix it up with IF, eating within 5 hours window...

Alyona! Glad you found us here. Sounds like you are starting to put yourself first and look after yourself. This is a really good place to start and this woe often helps reduce your initial cravings, gets rid of a bit of water weight (which motivates you because the scales move down) and gets your head in the game I also do paleo/primal and now only do M&E occasionally.

Good luck to you, everyone is here to help
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

thankyou Alyona

I guess well not bad damage now i know it was only water weight cause at 6pm back to norm weight lets say i took control of the situation lol.. well atleast getting sick is known to surly reduce my weight lol, but not safe way to go.. well back to ideas i think i like the idea of paleo i think i will well was thinking i seen on this thread of diets like fried chicken and which my mom got and i had too which loved with the skin fried lol breaded of course but its not super high carb but u know maybe just do need to put carbs in the diet or something for hunger.. tho i really love idea make just a meat and fat diet lol but thinking tomorrow to try more paleo but either that or do more like a fast food lol junk food plan was thinking fruit raw diet vegan style but add in nuts too lol so avocado..bananas.grapes..dates crave they look good at store reaw dried and have sample of 4 lol nice like caramel lol..

but i thinking well so does my family all knows not to do fruit lol

then was thinking oatmeal and eggs make oatmeal cinnamon pancakes with lol yummy lol

but i thinking might not jump off low carb since my body is already in that mind set and always head back there..

hmm lol guess still be thinking up ideas .. one thing was maybe not be afraid of meat types and mix it up like
greasy/carby salty prob allow in meats like sausage and more bacon etc..

that way i know well calories its on a package and enough fat etc.. in the mix lol

try to get back to idea what plan to do lol stilll deciding
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Hi Natosha, you know it is possible to do paleo low carb-style (that's what I do) and I have to tell you that I feel a whole lot better since adding more fruit/veggies into my diet but still staying on a lc way of eating. There are lots of plans out there, you just need to try a few and see what works for you. Also, it's usually a good idea to try to stick to one thing for a least a couple of weeks to give your body a chance to adjust. Good luck
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Tashydoll!
I also love paleo, tho all this stress resulted in too loose way of handling it More fruits then advised, too much dairy, and definitely much mooore dark chocolate. So now I must get back on track and curb my binging. Will give it a couple of of weeks, then will transition to clean paleo with two 24hr IF days, or might stay longer on M&E, until I feel strong enough to handle real world of paleo treats
And congratulations on losing 2 pounds
During the 1st day I lost almost the same - 2,2

Natosha120, looking at your cravings, do read about Paleo or Perfect Health Diet, or South Beach. Seems like they are more tailored to your body needs. But as TashyDoll says, please give your body a time to adjust. You can not draw conclusions from initial transition phase, when everything sucks Better wait until the dawn, so you can see better
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Hello, everyone!!!

Hi Alyona, welcome and good things are ahead! This is a great place with wonderful supportive people.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I was reading a 'health' article today, and a comment really stood out to me: "If you consume more than 2 eggs a week, you are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease"

Oh, nearly forgot. I see a thread in the main forum called something like "What LC staple do you hate"? I havent responded, but if I did it would be "If I hated it, it wouldnt be one of my staples"
Ditto on the 'if I hated it, it wouldn't be one of my staples'.

I'm in big trouble on the eggs front because there are some days when I have scrambled eggs for breakfast, deviled eggs for lunch and an omelet for dinner.

Calorie for calorie (looking at fats, carbs and proteins), they are the absolute best protein source. Good thing I love 'em!

Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
So I tried the bulletproof coffee (250gm of coffee, 2 Tbs fat) yesterday morning but used only Kerrygold butter instead of a combo of butter and MTC oil and ran it through the blender and was pleasantly surprised. I gave up my 3 carb protein drinks for breakfast since they seemed to have a negative impact (no matter how slightly) on my glucose levels and needed something as a replacement since I'm usually not ready to eat at 8 a.m.

The thought of putting butter in my coffee really didn't appeal to me, but I figured what the heck...try it. Oh yummy! My new breakfast treat. Interestingly, my BG levels yesterday were running around the mid to low 80's instead of 90-95...even though I had my usual lunch and dinner (10 or less carbs). I'll be interested to see if this trend continues.

In any case, it certainly keeps me satisfied!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Karai!!! That's true, feel welcomed here and motivated to go on...

My 2nd day went fine, must confess it's SOOOOO great to experience appetite supression!!!!!! I was a constant muncher before! Now I don't want to gorge, rather havinga control, eat sensibly as a normal person. Enjoying this new, somewhat euphoric feeling!!
So, the normal person has finished today 2 servings of mackerel plus 2 boiled eggs and 2 servings of cottage cheese
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Alyona! Good to have you with us. Hello to everybody! Had a good laugh about the egg article mentioned. There are days I do about five or six eggs. . .

Don't know about anyone else, but I am finding that while it's pretty easy to stay away from carbs, I seem to be eating a lot more meat lately--like days above 100 grams of protein--and not losing. So, I've been reading up on fat fasts and am going to try this out for a couple of days and then transition back to M&E. When I look over my food journal, I find that days when I've eaten a lot of fat, I do better. Any other M&Eers ever try a temporary fat fast? If so, how'd it go?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Alyona! Good to have you with us. Hello to everybody! Had a good laugh about the egg article mentioned. There are days I do about five or six eggs. . .

Don't know about anyone else, but I am finding that while it's pretty easy to stay away from carbs, I seem to be eating a lot more meat lately--like days above 100 grams of protein--and not losing. So, I've been reading up on fat fasts and am going to try this out for a couple of days and then transition back to M&E. When I look over my food journal, I find that days when I've eaten a lot of fat, I do better. Any other M&Eers ever try a temporary fat fast? If so, how'd it go?
Hello ruralgirl
I find I lose better with higher fat too.. the moment I up the protein, up goes the scales

I tried a fat fast (atkins) before I started M&E and I lasted 3/4 of a day before I nearly vomitted and passed out from lack of food From memory it's about 1000-1200 cals (I think) and comprising of about 90-95% fat (from memory). It's much harder than I thought it would be because you need to keep the protein/carbs so low that you are restricted to things like egg yolks, and well just fat. Also because of how low the calories are you use them up really quickly! That being said, some people love doing it and do really well, I'm just not one of them! Let us know how you go
Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Thank you for welcoming!
I also read about many people having success with FF. There was also a research of 3 groups, 1st - eating standard meal, 2nd - high in protein, lc, 3rd - hflc. The 10 days results showed, that the 3rd group lost most of the weight, and yet kept the muscle, despite low protein.

But certainly it's also matter of whether you can stomach all that fat snacks or not. I do not think a person can and should last long if he\she despises a diet so much))))
I'm personally okay with fat, but for these 2 weeks will stick to M&E, mainly because I'm tired of starting and dropping things((((
Then I might give it a go for a few days, before jumping into Paleo.

Speaking of my loss on the 2nd day, a bit saddening 0,6 pounds. Hereby I stop eating cottage cheese, must be the culprit
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I’m a Fat Faster. I have found a lot of success and have fine tuned it to more of a mini meal WOE rather than a pile of nuts and butter. I do journal and obviously concentrate on high fat foods like egg yolks, cream, avocado, olives, salad dressing, nuts, etc. but I find if I limit veggies (usually salad with Caesar dressing or green beans with alfredo sauce) and meat (usually higher fat cuts of beef) to once a day and fill in with cream cheese muffins, cheese crust pizza and the like I can have a fairly normal three meal a day life style. I also eat more calories, usually 1100-1600 depending on the day. Here is a link to a thread for more ideas. Good luck!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rs-thread.html
Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

ok still wasn't sure yesterday so today finally came to the idea of what i heard from a person on yahoo answers who then i found.. think shes getting annoyed.. but lol wanted make sure i was correct... so i went to the plan that it isn't calories its the fat percentage .. the more you eat the better for weight loss..cause you'll lose tissue causing lower metab.. and she went on with the study of a guy adding 2600 calories of fat to his normal diet so total of 4500 calories a day and extra of 14000 a week think was and instead of gaininign 2 pounds he lost 1 pound so i guess what reason why i was eating alot in the past and it work was cause i was doing it with likehalf my calories all from fat

either butter, bone marrow and meat fats

so today i said to self to take the plunge and actually i'm back to my norm weight when started so nothing gained from the low carb before lol just needed a day to rest lol.. so I figure go for the full fat like she said

80% is what you need to lose and making like 65% atleast to be consider correct i guess lol

so heres my attempt....

back to my plan but taking the plunge not holding back since notice all that high and mix of calories didn't gain it was just water weight cause back to norm weight today just needed time for digestion i guess lol

ok so far

I am trying to hit 80 percent and of course like the wild, counting calories isn't part of any animals life so why should it be part of ours... I doubt back in the day they would weigh and count food calories lol...

so breakfast had...
three strips bacon washed to get some salt off and only have turkey so cooked those up
2 eggs pan fried
1 string cheese low fat
however tho low fat food i drenched in butter 2spoon fulls like servings and felt
full not heavy full but full diff never felt like that

been out with mom at docs and shopping for food so

12:30 lunch had ground turkey 3pounds onsale so got that and its not super lean which love better with the fat then without so 93% brand type lol

well took a nice big piece hand grab prob 8oz and pan seared it
and placed 2 spoon fulls butter on top and salt sub loved it so rich and yummy

two things diet cola too soda stream love it no fake ingredients just using splenda not other stuff..

not sure dinner yet or anything else yet but so far been at 69-76% fat high per meal lol

76% at breakfast
and 69 lunch

total 72% so far lol

but i think this might be the ticket maybe i always felt at arrange of having under 70% fat and felt more protein still but now enjoying more fat like drenched till all is dripping lol guess be the plan then i know i'm atleast high amount lol

but have to fini some low fat stuff but just load up on more fat lol to make it equally delicious and rich
Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

i guess every time she told me lol it was like reminds me of a game like fat and protein if fat is like 80% like a barrier to protect from absorbing calories that cause weight so as long as you eat tons it will prevent anything from turning the body to fat and you'll never get fat..lol

cause protein in access will turn to glucose insulin r so but not as much as carbs so with the barrier up u can't start storing fat
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Natosha, I read about it too. If you can manage daily counting, then I wish you best of luck on sticking to this WOE and feeling comfortable with it!!! And do let us know how it's going! That looks like a lot of eating to me

My day was very low today, feeling tired and sick, whiny, headachy and craving for veggies.
My little one is also having a part in it, she just started kindergarden, and all got even harder to me((((( = she already caught fever, cold, eye infection, cold on the lips, although was never sick before. On top of that, when she's at home, she shouts non-stop unless I take her in my arms, and wants to sleep only on my stomache.... Very tough to be single mommy

Anyhow I managed with a big force to stay on course. and ate an egg salad with mayo (3 eggs), and 2 servings of grilled chicken. If I feel lousy again tomorrow, I'm afraid I'll have to transition to clean paleo, to keep me well nourished and get power back
Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
a new low; closing in on my next goal

Hello there M&Eers.

Today was a weigh-in day and I thought i'd share the news with you all. I am very happy to say that once again I have lost. I lost 1.4lbs in 5 days. Now I know, that isn't a lot, BUT in 5 days of 50/50 eating (half the time I stayed on plan, the other half ate fast food places) I think that is amazing that I still lost and DID NOT gain. I was sure I would have, but I didn't.

I'm still doing small egg fasts anywhere from 3-5 days at a time. If you haven't tried it yet, you should; doing research I've found that people have lost as much as 8lbs in 3 days doing Egg Fasts. The most I have lost is 6.5lbs in 5 days.

Today marks a new low for me. I am less than 10lbs to my next goal! Wow, I cannot believe I'm typing that.. less than 10lbs.

Now if I could just motivate myself to do what I'm supposed to do (stick to plan, get in some exercise here and there) I KNOW I can reach it by Labor Day. But the real question is... will I?

I've scanned the posts since the last time I posted. I can't recall specifically who asked what or commented what, but there are some things I'd like to say.

1)Remember the 3 Ps-- patience (this is not a get skinny quick thing, this is a WOE), perseverance (If at first you mess up, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, learn from the mistake, and continue on) and preparation (have those snacks and meals ready in times of weakness and uncertainty.

2) YMMV or I should say, will vary with M&E. Everyone is different, if we were all the same we'd all be model-thin. And although it is perfectly natural to want a better, healthier, sexier body, it is also important to stop and be thankful for the one we have and the everyday abilities it gives us and we unconsciously take for granted. Some people aren't so fortunate.

3) If at anytime the WOE seems more like a punishment or chore than a WOE, stop, and look at your other options; there is a "right" WOE out there for you that will lead to success.

4) Sometimes progress isn't presented on the scale. The non-scale victories (kudos and feedback from other people, clothes fitting better, noticing "new" muscles on the body) are enough of a motivation to keep going.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get all preachy and all that, but we all need reassurance and a pep-talk sometimes (I know I do). Keep going for the gold people. You can do it! I know you can! I'm right there along with you!

Cheers.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

oddly that burger didn't hold me over .. so had 3tblspoons butter love butter as is unsalted could chow on lol haha .. and had that with 5 nice large like size drums boiled then roasted and yummy lol cup broth lol made 8 saved 3 if ever get hungry just need to roast them lol ... feel full now was big dinner for sure lol over at 1000 calories lol but think i actually ate prob 7 servs of butter today lol

and still at now total percent went down to 68% fat well atleast got that high is pretty hard well then again if i had reg bacon not turkey and used its grease and like instead low fat cheese that might help get reall fatty lol types lol oh well.. butter for now lol

but oddly just loving like did in past the butter and broth like a soup of butter lol rich chicken flavor and just butter lol...

but yeah like she told me and how worked before since my body is bit on fast site of metabalism and i don't want to starve it so i start losing my tissue and have more fat storage areas.. best to eat if possible above 2000 well today came back to it at 2052.. so far as its 5pm still very full so may be the end of eating today lol but yeah like 7 tblspoons butter llol

and major part of the calories 1390 is fat calories and rest is protein and 10 calories from carbs..lol

todays menu

well was back to same weight began with guess water weight and just needed to relax my calories didnt cause any gain lol

so today breakfast- 2 tblsoons butter to add to the bacon turkey 3 pieces, 1low fat cheese since low fat had to have more fat so butter lol,, and 2 eggs and diet cola homemade

lunch- turkey burger one nice large about 8oz ground turkey grab i think and seared in a pan with a topping of 2tblspoons butter

dinner - early cause felt hungry fast since lunch wasn't so filling at 62% fat and breakfast was at 76% fat so had earlier dinner more meat lol

made up a big pot of boiled chicken drums and roasted 5 of the 8 and had 5 drumst nice large size felt so much better and still do with that to add the fat up higher had 3tblspoons last of the stick so 7 total lol

and a cup broth made from boiling the drums lol with some butter in it lol yummy.. feel better
and digestion going well lol not constipated

so today came to 2052 like and more fat then i ever had in percent for while at 68% for the day my norm was 45-55 percent lol

so hoping for best ..must say tho enjoying butter alot its like my fave to eat as it lol or in broth homemade broth chicken and tons butter lol

maybe should try making a creamy chicken broth lol

either mix with half butter and cream lol or somethng lol
or cream of chicken soup lol like cream and chicken with its broth juices and such and oo toss in some pork crumbled bacon lol haha sorry ideas on mind

but do feel better..

I keep thinking i do wonder theres these dried dates raw sundried yummy like caramel lol and grapes in the house and onsale and keep thinking should i just detox and eat fruit fruit fruit.. but then wit that in the past lost weight and was lighter for bit but lightest on low carb yet i don't know i guess i kept trying to stop thinking other alternatives that i can't stand cause its fun for a day then you get that feeling after munching on unlimited raw fruits you miss that oo double cheese burger with bacon or some delicious roasted chicken and cheesy eggs etc.. os i guess oddly i keep thinking like if i ate like junk food

like my mom she eats a giant chococolate chocolate chip muffin every day and one meal normally all at night she eats not much i'd starve by the way cause my appetite wouldnt be able to hold out all day on one thing or nothing..

so like i keep thinking i try to avoid junky foods and eat pure whole.. could i just be a junk food adict and processed frozen meals and still lose..

yet i pull my self away and realize its not going to work it neve does and i feel best on low carb eating meat eggs and dairy high fat..

my skins great
my nails hair etc.. grows
i just feel my best..
teeth nice and white always lol never seem faded by junky fruitys and sugars.

I guess sorry for this long writing i just feel i have to get this to work and maybe if i just give it a chance i mean if it worked last year why not now.. I just need to give it time and try to avoid thinking about numbers or any thing just think

fat- then the low carb dish like fat being as high on the dish as possible lol
Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello there M&Eers.

Today was a weigh-in day and I thought i'd share the news with you all. I am very happy to say that once again I have lost. I lost 1.4lbs in 5 days. Now I know, that isn't a lot, BUT in 5 days of 50/50 eating (half the time I stayed on plan, the other half ate fast food places) I think that is amazing that I still lost and DID NOT gain. I was sure I would have, but I didn't.

I'm still doing small egg fasts anywhere from 3-5 days at a time. If you haven't tried it yet, you should; doing research I've found that people have lost as much as 8lbs in 3 days doing Egg Fasts. The most I have lost is 6.5lbs in 5 days.

Today marks a new low for me. I am less than 10lbs to my next goal! Wow, I cannot believe I'm typing that.. less than 10lbs.

Now if I could just motivate myself to do what I'm supposed to do (stick to plan, get in some exercise here and there) I KNOW I can reach it by Labor Day. But the real question is... will I?

I've scanned the posts since the last time I posted. I can't recall specifically who asked what or commented what, but there are some things I'd like to say.

1)Remember the 3 Ps-- patience (this is not a get skinny quick thing, this is a WOE), perseverance (If at first you mess up, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, learn from the mistake, and continue on) and preparation (have those snacks and meals ready in times of weakness and uncertainty.

2) YMMV or I should say, will vary with M&E. Everyone is different, if we were all the same we'd all be model-thin. And although it is perfectly natural to want a better, healthier, sexier body, it is also important to stop and be thankful for the one we have and the everyday abilities it gives us and we unconsciously take for granted. Some people aren't so fortunate.

3) If at anytime the WOE seems more like a punishment or chore than a WOE, stop, and look at your other options; there is a "right" WOE out there for you that will lead to success.

4) Sometimes progress isn't presented on the scale. The non-scale victories (kudos and feedback from other people, clothes fitting better, noticing "new" muscles on the body) are enough of a motivation to keep going.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get all preachy and all that, but we all need reassurance and a pep-talk sometimes (I know I do). Keep going for the gold people. You can do it! I know you can! I'm right there along with you!

Cheers.
Nice words to live by and very appropriate for me at the moment thanks for that.

Well here I am jumping in again. I've been lurking for a while and really like your group. May I join you?
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Nice words to live by and very appropriate for me at the moment thanks for that.

Well here I am jumping in again. I've been lurking for a while and really like your group. May I join you?
Hi Terri! Of course you can join...all are welcome! I remember you from the other M&E thread Welcome back....
Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tash! Thanks. It seems so long ago I didn't think anyone would remember.

Sounds like you're doing well!
Closed Thread