Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Good Morning M&Eers!
I hope everyone had a good work week. Just thought I'd stop by and give a quick update... esp. since it's good news. I had my weigh-in this morning and it appears that during this round (past 5 days) of M&E, I have lost 4.6lbs! I'm very pleased with this esp. since I was not 100% clean in my eating this round-- went to Hardee's for breakfast with a friend Wed. and last night went to an Italian restaurant and had an out-of-this-world lasagna. Oh, by the way... I was mainly Egg Fast the past 5 days.

MandyDawn, those 'Cravers' sound good, and I'm in Walmart all the time. I will def. have to check that out.

Mae, tashydoll, lil, etc. hope you all are doing well with your goals and WOE as well.

Chat again soon, people!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
I am slowly seeing what works for me.. all I know that I do feel very hungry sick ifill if i don't eat every 3-4 hours... so mainly eat like few meals a day.. ... the thing is i'm trying to do more of high fat lower my protein to see if that will help.. I was eating chick breasts4-5 a day and low fat mozz 8 ozs and butter 4tblspoons a day.. and tho was good just felt my weight is well up down same few pounds and tend I prob eat near 2000 sometimes more depend hunger but past two three days been like 1980 or well near 2000 by estimate... but i do notice with trying to reduce and do lower calories i tend to starve at 1400 or less and sortof gain or stall and give in to gorge on anything lol..possibly also prob metabolism beings to slow.. well today i tried doing fattier options..

so far today had to wake early was starving second night ever since ate less guts been making me wake like midnight hungry but forcing self to sleep till morning so today woke and had a 6am breakfast had 3 strips turkey bacon since salt sortof helps with fullness( only a thought, not really by much) and 2 eggs fried with butter

then i was feeling my tummy growl and hunger faster than normal only 3hours afterwards so I held out and ate 4 hours from breakfast..
feel much better
at 10 am
made more of protein meal cause i needed something to stay full

so butter and chicken breast and homemade broth and mozzarella only one piece to reduce salt intake

I guess my wonder is like from probably having bacon last night lowered calories but i gained a pound fast water weight cause i look so much leaner thighs don't ever touch lol and look slimmer.. but my issue is that scale
i've reduce the intense of my work out and reducing that STRESS LOL i felt better and digestivly better too...

But I am wondering if what i really need to do is many more meals then to get the fat thing to work like every 3 hours and make them smalller spread out like protein with fat. have maybe a fave treat chocolate caramel covered bacon lol or like that idea of mayo or even macadamian nut butter or even dressing on cheese lol ...

k for one who really has only less to lose..

its more of a meat and fat type diet since veggies do tend to cause my appetite to increase.. but like atkins 72 its a long stay on for every type one stage type thing with few additions if like

but maybe i'm trying hard to be a low calorie eater that i'm not really ment to be.. it never seems to work out and ruins everything and my mindset lol..

but I do want more variety then lean meats lol plus be cheaper to go out and buy fattier cuts..

so going maybe a bit more then normal may just work for now..only the calorie thing i still wonder like if i should fear,

only reason also curious is cause even tho works for me and i keep going back to that is I tried to ask the keto group about high fat and all... the one person to respond said if you don't count then its not for you...

I was like wow denied... for not counting like wow really i can't eat high fat cause i don't count numbers..

Oh well, I think i'm best figuring my own working plan, as all carnivore diet..

However I also was thinking maybe to up my fat in a different way.. move to a carnivore and extras lol type thing

like nuts some fatty peanut butter on pork skins love it or
make some chocolate avocado pudding lol

make it like meat and fat(animal + other sources)

I do crave to have some peanut butter on top of a burger lol

odd but love it

or chocolate covered bacon with these vitamin enriched chocoalte caramel type peices that just rock with bacon (low carb type of chocolates)

I don't kno.. I guess I wish I could compare calorie wise and menu wise with another to make sure i'm not over doing it or if i'm right on track with weight going up and down normally.. from water weight etc..

I just always curious with menus and when i see how much everyone eats like under 1000 or 1200 and like someone who says 1 egg for breakfast and thats it i'm like wow
i could eat 6 with cheese and butter to feel full..

lol.. sorry for going on .. I just guess so unsure how to go about this so much on my mind., and how i'd love to try new and fun meals like

taking cream cheese and cream and making some type of cheese cake mousse with splenda vanilla etc..

or like taking chicken breast wrapping it in bacon and baking it with cheddar cheese inside

lol

i guess i want to be more creative yet the nerves of over eating or calories cause fat is higher then what been eating and will get there faster plus unsure if it realy helping hunger wise and being little portion..hmmm

sorry if so confusing just jotting down so much on my mind and unsure how to figure what I need to do

ty
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
133.6 this am so down 9.4 in 6 days. Going out tonight so we will see what happens tomorrow. Gods favor
Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
Natosha,
Have you ever used one of the online calculators to determine what your ideal weight range is for your age, height and body structure? If I'm remembering correctly (and I may not be ), many of us here thought you might already be at your 'ideal' weight so, if anything, you have very little to lose, yes?

You probably will not have a choice but to count calories at this point...no matter what kind of diet you go on. Unless, of course, you do something like Weight Watchers where they use points and then you're still counting.

What you will have to do is decide on a plan of attack and then stick with it for some period of time. If you switch back and forth without any focus, you probably will not see any results.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Yea I guess I am near my weight I just wanted to drop a little more but I seem to be like dropping fat in replace with muscle inches seem to be gone and toned up.. I guess I just wanna make sure if hungry to not think it will equal gain or make sure what I am eating isn't going toback fire on me.. Plus would love to change up with choices but cals won'tbe the same daily for scamp if crave cheese burger . Oomph have like Annalise amount food for somuch cals verse chicken breast n little fat.. Guess thats wat feeling at the moment hunger faster cause trying to keep calories under 2000 but more fat yet hungers stronger

I ended up two of my meals with high protein again feel that's helping feel fuller

I think maybe the idea I was wondering about is when last year I had the diet set up mini meals 6 times a day all before 5pm. And I think was like as portioned as small protein and higher fat but maybe ended up as a 70% fat n rest protein. Then once tried 80 or higher and that cause me to gain and feel gross I'll
Plus I tried that with less then 1800 calories figure since fat don't cause fat how about all fat lol. No good worse ever lol. So I guess figure could there be away to go back to testing my diet from sat but would it be bad to try one day n see if works and if doesn't change back before it's ruins my diet or is that no good?

Also like said once lowered calories I gained the weight I had off back only when I went high was losing ... Hmm but why scared to try because everyone eats luike a bird low cals ...
Old 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Ok I think I need todo just that

If either count calories eating less = hunger binging after awhile and not losing stalling or gaining and feeling energyless from hunger

Then doing high unlimited calories . Peace of mind enjoying protein and high fat with every meal eating light mini meals that make up 50- or more % fat calories (from past results) maybe is what need to try. I think just fear of everyone being lower cal got me feeling it's the only way to lose in the world but I guess if that worked for me maybe it won't hurt to try it lol
Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for being so confusion lol
Old 08-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Hi mae, Im like tashy, I look in every day, but only really post if I have soething to share, or am actually M&Eing. Im not as lucky as tashy...I only lose when M&Eing, but i stay where I am with little flucuations so I am confident I can maintain when i get to my final goal.
If only I was lucky Lil! Have just had to shake up my way of thinking a bit as I was stuck in the mindset that if I changed anything I would gain..but that got me to thinking of the old adage "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result"

M&E only works for me for a short period of time and really LC wasn't working either I had to drop my fat & protein intake, double my carbs (40-60/day and not counting net anymore) and watch my calorie intake. Voila! Weight loss again It's truly amazing to me that it actually worked and I just feel so much better because even though I wasn't hungry (probably because I was eating up to 2000 cals a day at that stage) I was really, really, really tired and sluggish - now I feel like I could take on the world and have energy to burn, plus I'm losing weight - win/win. I think because I am so close to goal I had to change something drastically and start watching my intake more closely.

I wish I could lose like you just doing M&E, takes the guess work out of it and it's so simple Sounds like you are doing great, well done

Happy losing everyone

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-16-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
133.6 this am so down 9.4 in 6 days. Going out tonight so we will see what happens tomorrow. Gods favor
Have a great day everyone!
Great job Gator! That is amazing! Enjoy your night out...you sound like you deserve it
Old 08-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Hi mae, Im like tashy, I look in every day, but only really post if I have soething to share, or am actually M&Eing. Im not as lucky as tashy...I only lose when M&Eing, but i stay where I am with little flucuations so I am confident I can maintain when i get to my final goal.

I ate some sausage meat yesterday. ive never had a problem with it before but this one time I found myself with actual hunger pangs 3 hours later. Butcher must have sneaked some flour in it
Quote:
Hi everyone, I've been doing eggs with co, evoo and grass fed butter since last Saturday. I started at 143 and was 135.6 this am. I'm afraid to add mayo, even though I have some 365 from whole foods made with canola oil. Also afraid to add meat, I'm craving bacon, for fear of slowing the losses. The big loss was due to a big gain from vacation and Tom. I left at 138, but was actually 133 the week before I left. I put on weight really fat and usually lose very slow.

What is your experience with eggs vs. m&e? Are losses greater with just eggs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello and Welcome Gator (lovely avatar by the way...). I can only speak for myself, but I have found that the more eggs-only meals I consume (an egg fast for example) the better/bigger my losses are for the week. But keep in mind more than likely it's water weight at the very beginning b/c eggs have been said to be a natural diuretic, and even then the progress will slow and taper down. With that being said, though, I have always incorporated meat (chicken, a can of tuna, or a ground beef pattie) during at least one meal. Don't be afraid of the mayo (or butter), your body needs the fat to avoid protein poisoning and what not. But the very best advice I can give you is to just try it yourself. Add in the meat, mayo, and bacon...gradually and sensibly that is, make notes of your menu, and at your next weigh-in, see the final result. If your pleased, keep going with it if u wish, if not, tweak it. I hate to say it but M&E is a YMMV WOE and what works for one person will not necessarily work for another. It takes a bit of trial-and-error, but when you do figure it out, oh, boy, the results are AMAZING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDawn View Post
I had to post an update. I have been trying the meat and egg thing since last Friday night, so technically Saturday was my first day I guess. Anyway, I'm happy to report I've lost 5 pounds as of this morning. I've noticed my appetite has definitely lessened and I don't even want snacks. Yesterday I only had lunch and dinner and honestly I think I could have skipped dinner and just gone to bed because I was wore out from my zumba class. I'm concerned that my calories are really low. I'm not trying to keep them low. I added lots of mayo to my egg salad I had for lunch yesterday and I added lots of butter to my boiled eggs the night before. When I scramble my eggs I use lots of butter also. I also use heavy whipping cream in my coffee each morning, about 3 tablespoons. Last night I had a baked chicken breast with some swiss cheese and mushrooms (It's pre-made and found in the frozen section at Walmart, called Cravers). According to my app on my phone I only had 850 calories and that is EXTREMELY low for me. I didn't skip breakfast today, but I also don't want to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. What is your opinion on this?
Quote:
Thanks newestatkins for the feedback.
I'm liking the results, but here it is 1am and I can't fall asleep! Again! Ugh!!

Today was my lat day of egg fast. Tomorrow is dh's 50th so we'll be going out tomorrow night and I won't be having eggs!
------------
Hey Gator, Great for you on the egg fast. Glad you came over to this thread. It's a great group here, very supportive and great opinions. Have fun with your DH! Mae
-----------
Lil, as always, you're a trooper and good menu. Back with you on the M/E. I got back up to 245, but dropping still. Wednesdays are check in, but if I sneak a peak this weekend, I'll let you know. LOL. Hugs and keep up the great work. Good info too. And yeah, like Tashy, pop in to say things. lol.
-----------
GO NAF, great loss there. Happy to have ya back around. I sent you those menus, hope they helped. Good info you gave Gator! Proud of your losses too. Hugs. Mae
-----------
MandyDawn, Congrats on the 5lbs. Knew you could do it! Don't force it if you're not hungry. Like Lil said, calories will fluctuate. Doing carb cycling, is what it comes out like, so that actually helps. We're all rooting for you too. You can't keep better company for support and to be supportive than right here on LCF threads. Take care.
--------------
(Hiya Tash!!), if upping your carbs and then cycling back to M/E helps you lose weight better, go for it. We're here for you. Always glad to hear from you too!
-------------
Hey Natosha, so sorry you're in a quandry about your calories. Maybe you should try carb cycling. eat a little less one day and then more the next. That works for some people. Like high calorie (think JUDD) then low calorie. But don't worry about counting them, just use sensible portion control and all will work out. Try the simpler fatty cuts, like you mentioned. Maybe get that variety you need. Wish I could help more, but here for ya sweetie. Take care and stress less if you can.
---------------
Hi to Kari, Aomiel, and welcome aboard HappyisNow! Good luck to you all and many happy losses. Love this group here. Hugs. take care. Mae
Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
Ok I think I need todo just that

If either count calories eating less = hunger binging after awhile and not losing stalling or gaining and feeling energyless from hunger

Then doing high unlimited calories . Peace of mind enjoying protein and high fat with every meal eating light mini meals that make up 50- or more % fat calories (from past results) maybe is what need to try. I think just fear of everyone being lower cal got me feeling it's the only way to lose in the world but I guess if that worked for me maybe it won't hurt to try it lol
Tosah, don't worry about others being lower cal, do what works for you. You have it more together than you realize and have put a lot of effort into this WOE, so proud of you. Mae
Old 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Tosah, don't worry about others being lower cal, do what works for you. You have it more together than you realize and have put a lot of effort into this WOE, so proud of you. Mae
Thank you Mae , your words are so comforting and helpful. Ty so much
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Good Morning M&Eers!
I hope everyone had a good work week. Just thought I'd stop by and give a quick update... esp. since it's good news. I had my weigh-in this morning and it appears that during this round (past 5 days) of M&E, I have lost 4.6lbs!
NAF that is all sorts of awesome!! Well done to you
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hello fellow M&Eers, from Saturday in NZ. i promise to take care of it and will pass it onto you only slightly used

WTG Naf! Well done! There's nothing as satisfying as a good scale result. i've been thinking I should do more eggs on the egg and meat. maybe this is the motivation I need.

Natoshsa, I think you're ding great. You seem to be working out a system that gives you results and that you can persevere with long term. Carb cycling (LC sytle) and mixing it up a bit can have results. But like Aomiel says, you need to stick to one method for a while so you can corralate method=results

Gator, welcome to M&E and WTG on the loss. Keep it up

Aomiel... hello! Hows it going for you?

Tashy - My M&E losses are pretty variable, this round I seem to be doing better than the last one and I cant figure out why. I sometimes find I need a few days eating entierly different. I had 4 fairly high carbs days last week (lost of low carb baking), maybe thats why.

mae - please do share, and thank you for your encouragement.

M&E yesterday:
B: 2x eggs fried in butter
L: 1 egg and about 1/3 cup of bacon pieces
D: 1 x enormous chicken breast fried in strips in lard, with 1/4 steamed cabbage with melted butter
Drinks: 3x tea with HWC, 2 lt water
snacks - 1x atkins endulge bar - i was curious about it. rather nice.

Soooooo I am now 10.5 pounds from goal. About to hit the difficult zone.....
Old 08-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

ty lilbeetle,

ok taking the plunge .... today went for what my body probably was waiting for.... After a full year of figuring it out how everyone i hear online reports eating less and losing or maintaining and finding for them an hard boiled egg and coffee will fill them .. for me i'd be empty fast lol.. and under 1200 or 1500 still can't fill me up..
I think from all the brain washing that calories matter and should follow everyones plan of eating less is the only way....Yet last year at a bit leaner prob not as much muscle weight i have now but back then i was lighter and eating alot more like by 1000calories more then I am today
and many more mini meals
and much more fat to every meal

for a meal i'd have a small portion protein like 2 drumsticks no matter size boiled
for broth making and easier to digest plus fast to cook and butter like 3 tblspoons or 4 or 3 and marrow and broth homemade

simple high fat dish and do that times six with diff meat choices

if i used bison and was bit lean so would add more butter in while cooking in pan
lol

but yeah i was enjoying lean low fat cheese as well

so i think after i stopped and started doing what everyone else did low calorie and such and listen to that stuff.. i was gaining stalling and starving..
so i would mainly gain and never lose with at 1400-1500 like atkins requires 1500-1800 for woman and i wouldn't lose any thing only when hit 2000-2100 i dropped a pound everytime i tried to do more calories low carb in the first day but then be bouncing back forth or maintain best at that level..

so now today i think my idea is focus on smaller dishes and tons unlimited fats lol

so woke early been like sweating all night and hungry third night with hunger even tho full in the day lol..

so woke hour earlier to have something
and made only 2 strips turkey bacon because its super salty but love the crunch.. tried washing it with water first to get some salt off did help a bit.. so two crunchy pieces
and half chicken breast boiled up and topped with larger slice butter
figure shrink the portion of food looad more fat on the plate so calories will be higher and less food for gut to break down might be the strategy lol..

felt good, and light but yummy love me my butter fat lol

.. I think if i rely on many meals with fat being goal and low protein or alot protein but tons more fat on top that i should be ok.. i woke up lighter from yesterday after diving into huge bowl breast chicken and half one with tons more butter and felt like great .. so i think if i eat my meat and load on the fat making my 60% fat and 40% protein i should be fine..

since if this worked twice last year when did it and everytime good results then it should work now... I guess my mind was just to much of what the world thinks is way to lose is to eat nothing or stay away from eating alot but that didn't or doesn't work for me.. i know i'm thin already but if i was thinner and losing last year eating high amounts then why can't it work agian.. also i wonder if i moved from just my meat and such with other fats .. like nuts and all but not sure cause last year was only meat and meat fats.

oh well today will prove if i can go with bacon since didn't have really high salt only from cheese and other ingredients as well but making butter fat 50% the diet lol
Old 08-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

days not over but heres my day and what happened.. so far feel great can still deff tell hunger..

breakfast as I was hungry so woke early at 5ish had breakfast
half chicken breast and 2strips turkey bacon (salty) so only two and ton butter two spoon fulls or just nice thick slice

slept a bit woke at 8:50
soon at got hungry at 10ish had- chicken breast large with 2tblspoon butter and broth cup full homemade just meat and water lol and salt substitute and one string cheese low fat all have so have to be that lol

like 45 mins later DETOX happened had ran to the bathroom few times possibly 4

so started to feel hungry faster

snack- at 1pm had breast, bit smaller but breast chicken with butter 2 spoon fulls and piece cheese

drank something a little before dinner cause felt tummy hurting for food and tried hold self over till near 5

dinner- 5pm had breast and half .. with surprise on this breast had some skin so super fatty yum lol.. and cup and half broth.. and 2tblspoons butter and one string cheese

so far feel good felt light cleaned out lol loving butter
figure go up slowly and adjust on fat every day..

figure cheese be salt so would be bacon so either/or lol at each meal
broth to hydrate while still having diet cola splenda soda stream machine type so no fake bad stuff lol homemade soda .. but trying to lower flavor sweetend drink to meat and meat broth lol homemade lol like did in past..
Old 08-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

but my other idea is try to go in my own plan lol

like maybe step one is lean meats and high fat which got me to( 55%fat and 45%protein)
then step 2 change meat to fattier cuts with high fat so ( 60-65%fat and 30-35% protein)

then step 3 prob be try to go with maybe upping fat choices into like
nuts, avocado, oils, but not sure if should try non meat or do once in while lol

my true idea was be on one food type anything animal made and is animal lol

so animal and animal bi-products lol

but i do crave the nuts lol oddly well thick piece of peanut butter lol or better yet for lower carb macadamian nut butter (pricy tho, best just get 99cent or so single bags lol )
Old 08-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hey everybody! Missed you guys. DH has been on vacation this week, though we've been sticking close to home--mostly. Went hiking one day--9 miles! (We didn't intend to do that, mind you! We took an unmarked trail. Not a good idea.) Also got into a bunch of chiggers and have been itching like crazy.

Been sticking to regular OWL this week but hope to get back into M&E next week when it's just me. Thanks for all of the inspiration, everybody!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Well, I gained 6.4 in 1 day!! Who does that?
Friday I had 4 eggs, a lot of nuts, chicken nachos(sans beans from yard house),2 vodka sonics, a large frozen yog, and a fat free brownie. That equaled almost a 7 lb gain. I always gain fast, but this is insane! I didn't even binge. I had a splurge half a day and got hit by a truck on the scale. 133.6 to 140. Yesterday ds played in a beach tnmt so I had 3 hb eggs a coffee and acv at the beach. We got home at 6:30 and I had 2 eggs in butter. We had 15 people over, dhs family for bday, I went to pick up food, Mexican, and then had 3 more eggs in butter. At 11 pm after they left, I had a hb egg so 9 eggs and over3 liters of water.
I woke up to a 1.2 loss down to 138.8!! Gain 6.4 in a day, lose 1.2 in a day. Can you guess how I'm feeling?
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Well, I gained 6.4 in 1 day!! Who does that?
Friday I had 4 eggs, a lot of nuts, chicken nachos(sans beans from yard house),2 vodka sonics, a large frozen yog, and a fat free brownie. That equaled almost a 7 lb gain. I always gain fast, but this is insane! I didn't even binge. I had a splurge half a day and got hit by a truck on the scale. 133.6 to 140. Yesterday ds played in a beach tnmt so I had 3 hb eggs a coffee and acv at the beach. We got home at 6:30 and I had 2 eggs in butter. We had 15 people over, dhs family for bday, I went to pick up food, Mexican, and then had 3 more eggs in butter. At 11 pm after they left, I had a hb egg so 9 eggs and over3 liters of water.
I woke up to a 1.2 loss down to 138.8!! Gain 6.4 in a day, lose 1.2 in a day. Can you guess how I'm feeling?
Oh no...you poor thing I know how awful that can feel. Aren't our bodies just a pain sometimes??!! On the plus side, you jumped right back on the horse the next day and started the process going down. You probably already know this but doesn't hurt to hear it, it's most likely only water weight and will whoosh again pretty quickly if you eat clean for a few days.

Those darned scales are wretched things sometimes and really have the potential to ruin your day Feel better, it'll sort itself out soon

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-18-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

today still been in my up and down range well down full pound since change so nothing new yet cause had water retention so hoping see it going down with this new change.. however i enjoy the change do crave to try some new ideas lol maybe fried chicken or roasted chicken drenched in butter lol feel like trying new thing tomorrow
Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Hi All Sweeties

Happy for everyone's losses, sorry some of you have been underweather.
Natosha, you'll do good on your own plan.
Glad you're back, Aruragal
Tashy, LIL, Naf, Dawn, and Gator. Glad to hear all of your results. Doing ok here, will weigh in on Wednesday. Hopefully down to near 240 or so again. Hugs and best to you all. Mae
Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Hiya folks Just popping in for a 24 hour M&E stint to change things up a little.

Today's menu:

B: 2 x boiled eggs, BP coffee
L: Roast chicken (2 x drumsticks, 1 x thigh), BP coffee
S: Frozen decaf iced coffee with hwc & stevia
D: Bacon, egg & chicken pie
40 mins of elliptical trainer + 15 mins free weights

Hopefully it will look good on the scales tomorrow

Happy losing everyone...
Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

hoping be lighter lol feel s sweaty at night drenched n like starving at 1am in morning. guess body boosting lol up fat burn maybe lol.

so want to try something new thinking

maybe fattier meat =prob more cals

pork chops or fried chcken wings or roasted lol
drench in butter

n man have odd crave eating peanut butter lol big spoonfull
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
New Life

Hello, everyone!!!

Was looking for appropriate thread and have found one

My life has been rather hectic lately, with giving a birth to a child, moving to another country after my daughter fell 1,5 years old. Unfortunately my husband preferred not to join us, so I'm alone now with a baby and that is damn hard. About to take a crucial decision of whether I need such a man... and more leaning towards '''I deserve so much better'' and thinking of getting a divorce. We are separated for 2 months already anyway

But before jumping into it, I want to take some time to myself and do something precious for me, and what I've been trying to do for the last 10 years at least - I want to lose 30 pounds, get up and look in the mirror with confidence, go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, and feel fabulous!!!!

My plan is doing M&E for 5 workdays, then having a paleo weekend. During M&E phase I will also use olive, coconut oils enough for cooking. Will also mix it up with IF, eating within 5 hours window...

So please welcome me Starting weight -176 pounds.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I was reading a 'health' article today, and a comment really stood out to me: "If you consume more than 2 eggs a week, you are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease"

I eat 2 eggs for breakfast. Then another two for lunch. Sometimes I have one or two for dinner. Seven days a week. Better not let them know

B: 2x fried EGGS
L: 2x scrambled EGGS plus about 1/2 cup bacon pieces
D: 1x fried EGG, 5 chicken drumettes with garlic butter. Oh my! I could eat that a second and third time easily. Nom nom!
S: Cream cheese cloud which incidently contained EGG
Drinks 3x tea with HWC and a shedload of water.

Oh, nearly forgot. I see a thread in the main forum called something like "What LC staple do you hate"? I havent responded, but if I did it would be "If I hated it, it wouldnt be one of my staples"

Last edited by lilbeetle; 08-19-2013 at 12:54 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

darn either up pound t two out one day hmm thinking could be that constipated lol or something almost was going to drop the plan but u know i always do that and then yoyo between diff things.. I figure give it today maybe cause I end up hungry in the middle of the night at midnight on more then norm not sure is that consider your body feels starved? if you waking up hungrier then normal like stomach pains or just feeling like u haven't eating? or when do you know if your body is going into starvation mode?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

so unsure i seem also lighten up on my work out prob right mode since its the jogging and walking that burns fat i beleive and intense workouts if you in use for burning carbs.. well just so unsure had a bigger breakfast cause super hungry maybe by a little .. feel unsure whats going on do I need to take something at night too help me go as well as I do in the morning to make sure i'm cleaned out from food at night that may be adding to the scale?? so unsure feel almost like maybe i should be changing plans or something but i don't want to get that way cause of one day ups hmm so unsure...
Old 08-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
so unsure i seem also lighten up on my work out prob right mode since its the jogging and walking that burns fat i beleive and intense workouts if you in use for burning carbs.. well just so unsure had a bigger breakfast cause super hungry maybe by a little .. feel unsure whats going on do I need to take something at night too help me go as well as I do in the morning to make sure i'm cleaned out from food at night that may be adding to the scale?? so unsure feel almost like maybe i should be changing plans or something but i don't want to get that way cause of one day ups hmm so unsure...
Hey Natosha! Dear sounds like you're stressing over your woe. Reading between the lines of things here. Maybe what you might want to try is make a list of things that make you sated then make a meal plan for a week, say for a good sized breakfast, a medium lunch, light dinner and a couple of snacks. Stick to if for a week and see what issues you have then. Maybe carb cycle even, like one day have a little more, the next day skip a snack or something like that. Wish the best for you. Take care of yourself. Mae
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was reading a 'health' article today, and a comment really stood out to me: "If you consume more than 2 eggs a week, you are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease"

I eat 2 eggs for breakfast. Then another two for lunch. Sometimes I have one or two for dinner. Seven days a week. Better not let them know

B: 2x fried EGGS
L: 2x scrambled EGGS plus about 1/2 cup bacon pieces
D: 1x fried EGG, 5 chicken drumettes with garlic butter. Oh my! I could eat that a second and third time easily. Nom nom!
S: Cream cheese cloud which incidently contained EGG
Drinks 3x tea with HWC and a shedload of water.

Oh, nearly forgot. I see a thread in the main forum called something like "What LC staple do you hate"? I havent responded, but if I did it would be "If I hated it, it wouldnt be one of my staples"
You so should have posted that!! I think I would have too! Great menu. Keep up the eggcellent menus. Snickers (yeah just had to). I eat more than 2 a week too, so there!
Closed Thread