Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post
Just a small accomplishment on my part - after much procrastinating, I finally tried two hard boiled eggs. The smell and taste reminded me of how I used to eat them as Easter Eggs when I was little.

And lo and behold - I can tolerate them. Do I like them? They're nearly tasteless. I didn't put any extra flavor on them or anything, just took them out of the water, cracked the shell, and ate. But I ate all of both eggs (yes, including the yolk). Now that is a hurdle that I needed to jump over. I'm sure once I add the meat in, it's finally M/E'ing for me (I haven't started yet, just researching).

However, the reason I ask about the how many meals a day, the calories, and how many grams of fat and protein I should be eating is this - my budget and my time. Buying up several pounds of ground beef is going to run me at $81/month, and that is considering three meals a day and eating a pound of ground beef a day. But that is just the start. I have to buy up several dozen eggs as well as other meats to add variety, and that is going to really break the bank every month.

With that being said, my other problem is time. You see, I work at home and I currently eat one big meal a day anyway (dinner time). I just can't really find the time to really grab something to eat other than the occasional nibble. I am sure I can replace the nibbles with water and what have you then have my one huge M/E for dinner.

Which brings me to my next roadblock - calories. Upon doing my research (which I am a freak of doing), I hear that you have to eat a certain amount of calories in order to lose weight, which is below a certain number needed to maintain weight. Apologies if this is confusing.

The point is this - I'm worried that with my budget and my time, if I am not consuming enough protein, fat, and calories, that I won't switch into the fat burning mode, which is where I want to be. I just hate to waste money and say "It doesn't work". That's why I research something so deeply and don't dive head on into it.

Any advice, you all? Thank you so much in advance.
Hi Biggy. Wanted to reply so you don't feel neglected.

I am so new to this WOE that my advice isn't the best. Maybe Mae or LilB will check in tomorrow or some others who might have some good suggestions. Have you checked out the NK thread under the various WOE plans? I'm finding some good reading there, but mostly because I'm finding I do really well with more fat. You might check it out.

I understand budget issues with buying meat and wanting to make the most of it, but I think it's something you'll just have to try. I also don't know if one meal per day would keep you in ketosis. I have three meals per day plus snacks if needed, but that's how I would eat when I wasn't on a plan.

I've also read that too much protein can kick a person out of ketosis, too, so one big meal per day might not work. I don't know. I was hoping someone may have tried what you're proposing and could tell you, but no such luck.

Try the NK thread. They might have some answers. Or maybe search this site for ketosis/one meal per day. You might stumble upon something useful. At any rate, we're here for you!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
everyone wondering if i tempt to try eating again at same time just avoid cheese at this time for salt do you think be bad ?? to eat another 5th meal like yesterday or so guess been upping my activity why prob feel light headed and feeling sluggish like and been just blah feel like munching to fuel me up again but not sure good idea or not???
Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting enough salt? Your electrolytes might be out of balance. You might try a sugar free sports drink to make sure it's not that.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MandyDawn
Stats: 336/252/250 (mini goal)
WOE: Back on Atkins as of 6/14/13
Start Date: Originally, July 2011
Hi everyone. I'm new to the meat and egg thing. I've low carbed (atkins induction mostly) off and on for the last couple of years. I had tried weight watchers after being stalled for months and did great for a little bit until the carb cravings came back with a vengeance. Then I completely went out of control for months and gained back 25 pounds or so. June 14th this year I started a weight loss challenge at work and I'm now back down to pretty much the lowest weight (within a pound or two) I have been in years. I only have 3 weeks left of the weight loss challenge and I am in 3rd place. I really want to win that money, so i changed things up and decided to try meat and eggs. I was already pretty low carb so it wasn't a big change really. Just cut out the vegetables. I was down 2 pounds this morning and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

My menu today was: Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs in butter with salt, pepper and a little bit of shredded cheese melted on top. Lunch - Some pork rinds. Dinner - Ribeye with salt and pepper and 3 eggs fried in butter. To drink today I've had water, coffee with HWC, water with crystal light for flavor and some diet dr. pepper.

I know a lot of people don't drink diet pop, but I've been drinking it daily and lost 25 pounds since June 14th so i'm not giving it up as it is one of my few "treats" I enjoy.

Since I am so new to this meat and egg fast or diet I wouldn't mind having some tips. I was planning on just doing this for the last 3 weeks of this weight loss challenge. Is it ok to do it for that long? This was my first full day without any vegetables in my diet, but so far my tummy seems fine, no constipation issues yet anyway. I do zumba classes for an hour 4 days a week, but I've been doing those since February. I've also tried to increase my activity, i.e. taking the stairs at work.

I'm curious what everyone's experience with this WOE has been, i.e. how fast you lose.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Holy cow ruralgirl, Im hardly an expert. I think mae and tashy have done this a lot longer than i have. Having said that, I do have some thoughts.

Natosha: I dont know about cheese. I personally can eat it, but I have heard loads of people say they cant. All you can do is try it and see what results - if any - you get. Then you will know what your personal digestive system can deal with.

Biggyfat - calories.... some love them, some hate them. There is an online ketocalculator which you can google up. Enter your stats and it will give you an amount to not go under (in my case thats 1400) and an estimated maximum amount you can eat up to.

Whomever it was that mentioned salt - again your milage may vary. There is evidence that low carbers need to increase their salt intake. partially because by not eating processed foods, youre not getting that supplementation. The other reason has to do with soething called the sodium potasium pump and if you want to know about that, google it. i suggest the 'crash course biology' version for simple and it has animations

Biggy again, with the ground meat; is that a cost issue of a skill in cooking issue? If it the later, I can help you cook very cheap cuts of meat in a way that makes them yummy. Im a kiwi chick. We learn to cook at around 3 years of age Regarding the eating once a day - I had two thoughts on that. One is it sounds like a form of intermittant fasting which a bunch of people on the forum do for weight loss. They dont seem to reduced their calorie intake at all, just force the body into a fast/famine cycle. It seems to work for them. The other idea I had was bone broth. if you could make up a big pot of that, you could take into work in a thermos. Some people have been adding butter and coconut oil to it, sort of like the bullet proof coffee idea I think. I also think in your case, having more fat than protein will help the most, Not only for saiety, but to keep you in ketosis. So you could do something like the broth and also take some fatbombs to work to nibble on, and then have your big meal at home. Fat bombs can be very simple and inexpensive. Mine are 100gm butter, 100gm coconut oil, 1T cocoa powder and 1T splenda. I add other stuff on occasion, but thats my basic reciepe. I pour about 1-2T in a muffin case and freeze. I usually get 24 and that lasts me a week.

Natosha, I second the water thing. ALso look at some suppplements. its like Dr Atkins says in his book, this is an unbalance diet to resolve metabolic imbalances. At a minimun you should take a multivitamin. I take centrum, calcium with D, potassium, and magnesium. Its the only way I can stop the muscle cramps.

Hi Mandydawn, welcome to M&E. I think you can do it for as long as you can stand it. The longest strech I ever did was 5 days - I just get sick of meat and eggs. I usually have to have a day or three with lettuce, avocado and tomatoes before doing anothe run I never get constipated, but I make sure I have a goodly amount of fat in one from or another. In fact if Im not careful i can go the other way....

M&E is about the only I lose now, being so close to goal. In fact I am thinking of reducing my goal because I think I am actually pretty darn happy with the way i look now. I have ab definition! All my celulite has gone! I still jiggle in the tummy area, but I know from expereince that even if I go under 100 pounds, that stays a bit. I suspect its pregnancy strech and Im too old for it too shrink now. Having said that, I have been surprised at how much shrinkage I had so far.

For the couple of requests for the pumpkin bake - sorry, I keep forgetting it I got the original reciepe off this forum I think, way back when, by dont know from who sorry

Breakfast Pumpkin Bake

250 cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
1/2 c. splenda
400gm cooked pumpkin flesh
1/2 Tb. cloves or mixed spice
1 t. cinnamon
pinch ginger (optional)
1t vanilla

Combine all ingredients. Pour batter into a glass baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in a 350 oven until center is done - it will look 'puffed', but will shrink down as it cools. Approx 30 mins. Dont remove it from pan until cool since its fragile. I bake mine in the dish its going to live in the fridge in, so I dont have to remove it.

Can add 1.4c flaxmeal or almond flour to make it thicker and less gooey.

8 serves. Best with vanilla yogurt *slurp|!!!*
Old 08-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Holy cow ruralgirl, Im hardly an expert.
Maybe not an expert, but you sure had lots of good information to pass on! Thanks for the pumpkin bake. I love me some pumpkin.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

MandyDawn!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Thank you. I'm still kind of in the experimental phase of this, trying to see what works for me. I've lost 3 pounds in 2 days so no issues so far. Today I tried these cravers. Two pieces of chicken stuffed with pepperjack cheese and bacon. They were good. It was the first meal I didn't have eggs with since starting this. I wasn't sure about cheese but I did an hour class of zumba so I don't think a few carbs will hurt much. My calorie count yesterday came out to 1412 and 1110 for today. Seems a little low for me but eggs keep me full forever. No veggies is a new thing for me and I don't know how long I will last without eating some.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi Natosha, LiL, Biggy & ArualG! Welcome MandyDawn
Arural & Lil had great advice. Mine? Look at some of the menus I posted in the Stillman's forum and earlier one's here in M/E. Biggy, I'm low cost carber too and if I can, you'll find ways. Good luck.

I've worked from home before so understand time thing too. Make you a menu, see some of mine if you like. If you could cook once a month you could make enough for the whole month then reheat even. Or try once a week to prepare, like boiled eggs. One thing I go to a lot is HB eggs and mayo. Lil is right a little fat do help that weight loss. Or poached eggs with a little butter. Here's a list of meals I used last month, and I do Buy things on sale, then freeze back in portions, like meats for instance, you'll save LOTS of money. Good on your menu Mandy Dawn and good luck to you also.
Hugs Natosha & LIL. Take care all and have a great upcoming week. Will check back in Mon or Tues. Mae

Poached eggs w/butter/pepper.
Cheeseburger casserole pie or Cordon Bleu
Deviled Eggs with Brisket or other piece of meat
Fried Egg with hamburger, sausage, or turkey burger.
Scrambled eggs w/salsa, with or w/o meat.
Meat, egg, cheese plate, easy condiments.
Sautéed veggies with meat and/or eggs cooked to taste.
Meat & Boiled or Poached eggs, no condiments or cheese.
Boiled Eggs & Tomato, 1each up to 6 a day.
Cottage Cheese, fruit (tomatoes or watermelon only).
--------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Holy cow ruralgirl, Im hardly an expert. I think mae and tashy have done this a lot longer than i have. Having said that, I do have some thoughts.

Natosha: I dont know about cheese. I personally can eat it, but I have heard loads of people say they cant. All you can do is try it and see what results - if any - you get. Then you will know what your personal digestive system can deal with.

Biggyfat - calories.... some love them, some hate them. There is an online ketocalculator which you can google up. Enter your stats and it will give you an amount to not go under (in my case thats 1400) and an estimated maximum amount you can eat up to.

Whomever it was that mentioned salt - again your milage may vary. There is evidence that low carbers need to increase their salt intake. partially because by not eating processed foods, youre not getting that supplementation. The other reason has to do with soething called the sodium potasium pump and if you want to know about that, google it. i suggest the 'crash course biology' version for simple and it has animations

Biggy again, with the ground meat; is that a cost issue of a skill in cooking issue? If it the later, I can help you cook very cheap cuts of meat in a way that makes them yummy. Im a kiwi chick. We learn to cook at around 3 years of age Regarding the eating once a day - I had two thoughts on that. One is it sounds like a form of intermittant fasting which a bunch of people on the forum do for weight loss. They dont seem to reduced their calorie intake at all, just force the body into a fast/famine cycle. It seems to work for them. The other idea I had was bone broth. if you could make up a big pot of that, you could take into work in a thermos. Some people have been adding butter and coconut oil to it, sort of like the bullet proof coffee idea I think. I also think in your case, having more fat than protein will help the most, Not only for saiety, but to keep you in ketosis. So you could do something like the broth and also take some fatbombs to work to nibble on, and then have your big meal at home. Fat bombs can be very simple and inexpensive. Mine are 100gm butter, 100gm coconut oil, 1T cocoa powder and 1T splenda. I add other stuff on occasion, but thats my basic reciepe. I pour about 1-2T in a muffin case and freeze. I usually get 24 and that lasts me a week.

Natosha, I second the water thing. ALso look at some suppplements. its like Dr Atkins says in his book, this is an unbalance diet to resolve metabolic imbalances. At a minimun you should take a multivitamin. I take centrum, calcium with D, potassium, and magnesium. Its the only way I can stop the muscle cramps.

Hi Mandydawn, welcome to M&E. I think you can do it for as long as you can stand it. The longest strech I ever did was 5 days - I just get sick of meat and eggs. I usually have to have a day or three with lettuce, avocado and tomatoes before doing anothe run I never get constipated, but I make sure I have a goodly amount of fat in one from or another. In fact if Im not careful i can go the other way....

M&E is about the only I lose now, being so close to goal. In fact I am thinking of reducing my goal because I think I am actually pretty darn happy with the way i look now. I have ab definition! All my celulite has gone! I still jiggle in the tummy area, but I know from expereince that even if I go under 100 pounds, that stays a bit. I suspect its pregnancy strech and Im too old for it too shrink now. Having said that, I have been surprised at how much shrinkage I had so far.

For the couple of requests for the pumpkin bake - sorry, I keep forgetting it I got the original reciepe off this forum I think, way back when, by dont know from who sorry

Breakfast Pumpkin Bake

250 cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
1/2 c. splenda
400gm cooked pumpkin flesh
1/2 Tb. cloves or mixed spice
1 t. cinnamon
pinch ginger (optional)
1t vanilla

Combine all ingredients. Pour batter into a glass baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in a 350 oven until center is done - it will look 'puffed', but will shrink down as it cools. Approx 30 mins. Dont remove it from pan until cool since its fragile. I bake mine in the dish its going to live in the fridge in, so I dont have to remove it.

Can add 1.4c flaxmeal or almond flour to make it thicker and less gooey.

8 serves. Best with vanilla yogurt *slurp|!!!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Maybe not an expert, but you sure had lots of good information to pass on! Thanks for the pumpkin bake. I love me some pumpkin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDawn View Post
Thank you. I'm still kind of in the experimental phase of this, trying to see what works for me. I've lost 3 pounds in 2 days so no issues so far. Today I tried these cravers. Two pieces of chicken stuffed with pepperjack cheese and bacon. They were good. It was the first meal I didn't have eggs with since starting this. I wasn't sure about cheese but I did an hour class of zumba so I don't think a few carbs will hurt much. My calorie count yesterday came out to 1412 and 1110 for today. Seems a little low for me but eggs keep me full forever. No veggies is a new thing for me and I don't know how long I will last without eating some.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
everyone wondering if i tempt to try eating again at same time just avoid cheese at this time for salt do you think be bad ?? to eat another 5th meal like yesterday or so guess been upping my activity why prob feel light headed and feeling sluggish like and been just blah feel like munching to fuel me up again but not sure good idea or not???
Natosha, when I feel sluggish, a cheese wedge, like colby or american chunk, dipped in a little mayo is a wonderful snack and pick me up. Satisfies all kinds of cravings, so no you are not doing wrong. Enjoy if you need it. Mae
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Biggy, try smaller meals, have some made out ahead of time and then you can nibble (try mini meals, just an idea, keep things handy like meat/cheese rollups, boiled eggs with cheese and mayo, kosher hotdogs, yes they help occasionally) there are all kinds of low budget ways to do atkins. Here's an old thread from some years back on things LC'rs bought on a budget. Hope this helps. Mae
You only have $20 for the week....what do you buy?
------------
Lil thanks for the pumpkin recipe. Hugs Mae
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post
Just a small accomplishment on my part - after much procrastinating, I finally tried two hard boiled eggs. The smell and taste reminded me of how I used to eat them as Easter Eggs when I was little.

And lo and behold - I can tolerate them. Do I like them? They're nearly tasteless. I didn't put any extra flavor on them or anything, just took them out of the water, cracked the shell, and ate. But I ate all of both eggs (yes, including the yolk). Now that is a hurdle that I needed to jump over. I'm sure once I add the meat in, it's finally M/E'ing for me (I haven't started yet, just researching).

However, the reason I ask about the how many meals a day, the calories, and how many grams of fat and protein I should be eating is this - my budget and my time. Buying up several pounds of ground beef is going to run me at $81/month, and that is considering three meals a day and eating a pound of ground beef a day. But that is just the start. I have to buy up several dozen eggs as well as other meats to add variety, and that is going to really break the bank every month.

With that being said, my other problem is time. You see, I work at home and I currently eat one big meal a day anyway (dinner time). I just can't really find the time to really grab something to eat other than the occasional nibble. I am sure I can replace the nibbles with water and what have you then have my one huge M/E for dinner.

Which brings me to my next roadblock - calories. Upon doing my research (which I am a freak of doing), I hear that you have to eat a certain amount of calories in order to lose weight, which is below a certain number needed to maintain weight. Apologies if this is confusing.

The point is this - I'm worried that with my budget and my time, if I am not consuming enough protein, fat, and calories, that I won't switch into the fat burning mode, which is where I want to be. I just hate to waste money and say "It doesn't work". That's why I research something so deeply and don't dive head on into it.

Any advice, you all? Thank you so much in advance.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all!! I'm back!

I've been missing in action the past few weeks due to summer vacation and all but I am now back and ready to get back on plan, share information, get information, and get inspired by you all.

July was a decent month, I lost and kept off 12lbs. I am hoping to reach my next goal before the end of August-- stay tuned for that.

I'm updating my journal when I have half a mind to. I just submitted a story that I would like to briefly share here as well (if that's okay).

I went back to work today and 6 people told me how great I look. "Look at you Skinny-Man" "Are you losing weight?" "You looking awesome." I've said it before, and for me it will always ring true... the scale could tell me I lost 20lbs, but it hardly compares to someone else pulling you aside and asking you how did you lose the weight or simply commenting on how great you look.

I know.. it's disappointing and frustrating sometimes, but believe me, when you see the changes yourself and especially when you hear others comment on your losses it is totally worth it. So don't give up, if you fall off the wagon just dust yourself right up and get right back on plan, and if you are nervous or apprehensive about trying M&E, or Egg Fast, or Low Carb in general, just give it a try. You have nothing to lose but unwanted pounds and inches.

Here's hoping that August is a successful month for all of us! Cheers!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello all!! I'm back!
I know.. it's disappointing and frustrating sometimes, but believe me, when you see the changes yourself and especially when you hear others comment on your losses it is totally worth it. So don't give up, if you fall off the wagon just dust yourself right up and get right back on plan, and if you are nervous or apprehensive about trying M&E, or Egg Fast, or Low Carb in general, just give it a try. You have nothing to lose but unwanted pounds and inches.

Here's hoping that August is a successful month for all of us! Cheers!
NAF! Welcome back and congratulations on your awesome success...happy losing to you
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
NAF! Welcome back and congratulations on your awesome success...happy losing to you
Thanks, tashydoll. I have missed reading your posts! I am hurriedly trying to get up to date.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Ok so today after eating more yestwr day up bit but today not as hungry still tho 4meals from 6 am to 11:30 and 4pm and 7 pm lol

Before made something was head started to hurt and felt hungry after feel better ao guess that a true sign to follow ? Been two eggs chik breast butter m cheese each dish
Lol.

Did more vigorous moves of fast pace running jumping and near ems normal jog to cool down with .. I guess just hope this can't bad approach
Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Naf, Tashy, glad to see you in the August thread! And Naf, great job on the weight loss and doing so well over vacation!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Edited
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Here's an old thread from some years back on things LC'rs bought on a budget. Hope this helps. Mae
You only have $20 for the week....what do you buy?
Mae, thanks for the thread...it has some good suggestions. I need to check out Aldi's. It looks like they have some great deals.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDawn View Post
Hi MandyDawn, I don't think a few carbs will hurt at all. I think they helped me when I was doing a modified version of M&E. I ate veggies at one meal on the plan. Plus they helped with keeping things 'moving'. Good Luck. This is a great place to get and give support on your LC WOE.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Hello Everyone!!!

I started meat and egg fast over the weekend but really starting officially today. I have been a low carber for years and lost about 60lbs. I've gained some back from pregnancy and school but now I'm about 50lbs away from my goal weight.

It's hard to get back on track so I started doing medifast, and it helped me drop about 15lbs but I felt way too restricted.

I am going on vacation in about 2 and a half months and I would love to drop about 20lbs by then. I wonder if that's even possible?

I'm eating eggs and meat, no worries about fat intake or caloric count. I'm also exercising with T25.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyisNow View Post
Hello Everyone!!!

I started meat and egg fast over the weekend but really starting officially today. I have been a low carber for years and lost about 60lbs. I've gained some back from pregnancy and school but now I'm about 50lbs away from my goal weight.

It's hard to get back on track so I started doing medifast, and it helped me drop about 15lbs but I felt way too restricted.

I am going on vacation in about 2 and a half months and I would love to drop about 20lbs by then. I wonder if that's even possible?

I'm eating eggs and meat, no worries about fat intake or caloric count. I'm also exercising with T25.
HappyisNow! That's a reasonable/doable goal, you can do it!!

Welcome back NAF, good to hear from you again. Hi Arural, Natosha, Kari, Mandy, LIL, & Kari. Glad to hear you're all doing well. Keep up the great work. Hope you're all having a great week. Take care. Mae
Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Thanks, tashydoll. I have missed reading your posts! I am hurriedly trying to get up to date.
Thanks NAF...I'm always lurking around Not doing M&E at the moment as I'm having great success with losing again (finally!) but still like to read the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Naf, Tashy, glad to see you in the August thread! And Naf, great job on the weight loss and doing so well over vacation!
Cheers Ruralgirl
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i'm wondering what your opinions would be a change.. I'm ok doing lean but after awhile would like to create another type meal with fattier cuts.. my question is what do you think from switching same portion chickne breast to same portion of possible using bacon, and beef bugers and like pork chops fattier bone in cuts .. bad or ok.. the issue i guess is for portioin jand diff cut means diff calories possibly more then having normally so bad idea or ok..

i did learn a few thijngs of what my body is requiring to run on and wonder if i can put them together and use higher fat and possibly calorie meats into it or would this be bad?

crave some tender ribs..or some bacon beef burgers lol
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
i'm wondering what your opinions would be a change.. I'm ok doing lean but after awhile would like to create another type meal with fattier cuts.. my question is what do you think from switching same portion chickne breast to same portion of possible using bacon, and beef bugers and like pork chops fattier bone in cuts .. bad or ok.. the issue i guess is for portioin jand diff cut means diff calories possibly more then having normally so bad idea or ok..

i did learn a few thijngs of what my body is requiring to run on and wonder if i can put them together and use higher fat and possibly calorie meats into it or would this be bad?

crave some tender ribs..or some bacon beef burgers lol
Natosha in my experience the fattier cuts of meat are definitely fine in this WOE and tend to keep you full for longer, meaning in the long run you don't eat as many meals and the calories tend to even out. You need to have fat when doing M&E or your body cannot process all of the protein. My only suggestion is to watch out for highly processed meats as they can contain a great deal of salt and often cause water retention. You will know how your body reacts after trying it a few times and then you can adjust accordingly. Some people are fine eating heaps of bacon or sausages for example, and some people don't react so well...YMMV.

Good luck
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Natosha in my experience the fattier cuts of meat are definitely fine in this WOE and tend to keep you full for longer, meaning in the long run you don't eat as many meals and the calories tend to even out. You need to have fat when doing M&E or your body cannot process all of the protein. My only suggestion is to watch out for highly processed meats as they can contain a great deal of salt and often cause water retention. You will know how your body reacts after trying it a few times and then you can adjust accordingly. Some people are fine eating heaps of bacon or sausages for example, and some people don't react so well...YMMV.

Good luck
I suggest what Tashy suggested, lol. just do a few at a time, see how it works, Natosha. Good advice, Tash. Have a lovely week all. Mae
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi mae, Im like tashy, I look in every day, but only really post if I have soething to share, or am actually M&Eing. Im not as lucky as tashy...I only lose when M&Eing, but i stay where I am with little flucuations so I am confident I can maintain when i get to my final goal.

I ate some sausage meat yesterday. ive never had a problem with it before but this one time I found myself with actual hunger pangs 3 hours later. Butcher must have sneaked some flour in it
Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
Hi everyone, I've been doing eggs with co, evoo and grass fed butter since last Saturday. I started at 143 and was 135.6 this am. I'm afraid to add mayo, even though I have some 365 from whole foods made with canola oil. Also afraid to add meat, I'm craving bacon, for fear of slowing the losses. The big loss was due to a big gain from vacation and Tom. I left at 138, but was actually 133 the week before I left. I put on weight really fat and usually lose very slow.

What is your experience with eggs vs. m&e? Are losses greater with just eggs?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Hi everyone, I've been doing eggs with co, evoo and grass fed butter since last Saturday. I started at 143 and was 135.6 this am. I'm afraid to add mayo, even though I have some 365 from whole foods made with canola oil. Also afraid to add meat, I'm craving bacon, for fear of slowing the losses. The big loss was due to a big gain from vacation and Tom. I left at 138, but was actually 133 the week before I left. I put on weight really fat and usually lose very slow.

What is your experience with eggs vs. m&e? Are losses greater with just eggs?

Hello and Welcome Gator (lovely avatar by the way...). I can only speak for myself, but I have found that the more eggs-only meals I consume (an egg fast for example) the better/bigger my losses are for the week. But keep in mind more than likely it's water weight at the very beginning b/c eggs have been said to be a natural diuretic, and even then the progress will slow and taper down. With that being said, though, I have always incorporated meat (chicken, a can of tuna, or a ground beef pattie) during at least one meal. Don't be afraid of the mayo (or butter), your body needs the fat to avoid protein poisoning and what not. But the very best advice I can give you is to just try it yourself. Add in the meat, mayo, and bacon...gradually and sensibly that is, make notes of your menu, and at your next weigh-in, see the final result. If your pleased, keep going with it if u wish, if not, tweak it. I hate to say it but M&E is a YMMV WOE and what works for one person will not necessarily work for another. It takes a bit of trial-and-error, but when you do figure it out, oh, boy, the results are AMAZING!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

I had to post an update. I have been trying the meat and egg thing since last Friday night, so technically Saturday was my first day I guess. Anyway, I'm happy to report I've lost 5 pounds as of this morning. I've noticed my appetite has definitely lessened and I don't even want snacks. Yesterday I only had lunch and dinner and honestly I think I could have skipped dinner and just gone to bed because I was wore out from my zumba class. I'm concerned that my calories are really low. I'm not trying to keep them low. I added lots of mayo to my egg salad I had for lunch yesterday and I added lots of butter to my boiled eggs the night before. When I scramble my eggs I use lots of butter also. I also use heavy whipping cream in my coffee each morning, about 3 tablespoons. Last night I had a baked chicken breast with some swiss cheese and mushrooms (It's pre-made and found in the frozen section at Walmart, called Cravers). According to my app on my phone I only had 850 calories and that is EXTREMELY low for me. I didn't skip breakfast today, but I also don't want to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. What is your opinion on this?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

My opinion is the occasional low calorie day is fine and even mimics what happens in nature...not every animal has a full feed every day. Its just a blip, meat and egg is very sustaining and so tasty you've pleased all your senses

Give it 2-3 days and see how you're going. Quite a few meat and ethers eat low caps. Im not that fortunate *sigh*
Old 08-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
Thanks newestatkins for the feedback.
I'm liking the results, but here it is 1am and I can't fall asleep! Again! Ugh!!

Today was my lat day of egg fast. Tomorrow is dh's 50th so we'll be going out tomorrow night and I won't be having eggs!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Back on M&E

B: 2x eggs fried in butter
L: omlette with meat patty
D: fried chicken breast
Drinks: 3x tea with HWC, 2lt water
Closed Thread