Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #271
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: opgirl
Stats: 123/123/100
WOE: low carb/meat/egg
Start Date: August 2013
Hi everyone! I started low carbing in August of 2010 and lost over 30 pounds to get to my goal. However, in the last year I've let the carbs creep back in...not daily but obviously enough because I've gained 20 back!! I had great success with a high fat vlc diet, SO, I'm going to join you guys! Today is my first day getting back on track. I've already had...

3 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp mayo

I've been reading that cream cheese is great for a fat fast so will get some today! I'm so happy I found this thread!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
OPgirl!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by opgirl View Post
Hi everyone! I started low carbing in August of 2010 and lost over 30 pounds to get to my goal. However, in the last year I've let the carbs creep back in...not daily but obviously enough because I've gained 20 back!! I had great success with a high fat vlc diet, SO, I'm going to join you guys! Today is my first day getting back on track. I've already had...

3 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp mayo

I've been reading that cream cheese is great for a fat fast so will get some today! I'm so happy I found this thread!
Welcome OP girl and hi to Natalia and all. Gonna start a September thread so all of you take care and see you in that. Mae

Statistics this weigh in,lol. I lost just over half a pound this week, but (my excuse and sticking to it, lol) got body swelling from heat here in TX, happens at least once or twice in summer and arthritis in knee causes more.), so that stalls me in weight loss every time. Kept with my LC plan, over ate a few fried things, another contributor and didn't exercise as much. Thar, did my confessions for the month. Now back on the ball, health and heat spell better, so will post as usual my weight loss on Wednesdays. Hope every one continues losing and feeling better. Mae
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone!

Good to see new faces and plenty of old ones. I've tried a few WOE's on this board, but i have to say M&E is the easiest and tastiest! I know why we keep coming back

So when I was last here, I was fed up, grumpy and whiny. I am SO sorry about that y'all. Turns out I was sick. A couple of days R&R and I was back to it. However i got busy with work so didnt get a chance to post here. I had THE biggest woosh ever once I was better and I am now on my 2nd to last goal weight! So I have moved onto Primal (Paleo plus dairy) which is what the rest of my family is doing, and will just do the odd M&E here and there to get that last 5 pounds off.

It is so nice to be able to sit and eat a piece of fruit, although I do still get a wee guilty twinge about it lol! Im still eating about the same amount portion wise, and about the same amaount fat wise too which I hear I should watch, but as it isnt making me gain, I'll carry on as is.

Hope y'all are all doing well and happy losing!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by opgirl View Post

3 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp mayo

opgirl! Glad to have you with us.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Great job on the weight loss, Naf and Natalia! And Naf, that Peter Pan peanut butter has been calling my name lately, too. When I get into wonderland, I'll probably celebrate by buying a small jar--and eating it slowly.

Mae, I hear ya. The heat has been brutal the last few days here in MO. . . And the scale was a bit mean today, up 1.5, but TOM is expected sometime this week, so it could be that. I have increased calories by about 150 and am allowing a little more protein, though not by much in this modified food fast.

Hi to everybody, and happy losing!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Hi everyone!

Good to see new faces and plenty of old ones. I've tried a few WOE's on this board, but i have to say M&E is the easiest and tastiest! I know why we keep coming back

So when I was last here, I was fed up, grumpy and whiny. I am SO sorry about that y'all. Turns out I was sick. A couple of days R&R and I was back to it. However i got busy with work so didnt get a chance to post here. I had THE biggest woosh ever once I was better and I am now on my 2nd to last goal weight! So I have moved onto Primal (Paleo plus dairy) which is what the rest of my family is doing, and will just do the odd M&E here and there to get that last 5 pounds off.

It is so nice to be able to sit and eat a piece of fruit, although I do still get a wee guilty twinge about it lol! Im still eating about the same amount portion wise, and about the same amaount fat wise too which I hear I should watch, but as it isnt making me gain, I'll carry on as is.

Glad you're feeling better--I was thinking about you milking the cows, wondering how everything's going. Sounds like it sure ended up well with the whoosh--congrats on the weight loss!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and to Karai, Terri, and Natalia--enjoy the FF food. Let me know how the cream cheese pie goes over with your guests, Karai, and also how you tweak the recipe. It's good to have some variation.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Great job on the weight loss, Naf and Natalia! And Naf, that Peter Pan peanut butter has been calling my name lately, too. When I get into wonderland, I'll probably celebrate by buying a small jar--and eating it slowly.

Mae, I hear ya. The heat has been brutal the last few days here in MO. . . And the scale was a bit mean today, up 1.5, but TOM is expected sometime this week, so it could be that. I have increased calories by about 150 and am allowing a little more protein, though not by much in this modified food fast.

Hi to everybody, and happy losing!
Hi Aurural and Lil. Congrats on the weight loss, Lil I know you'll do well. Thanks, Aural and you'll get to Onderland soon. Aiming for it myself. See you both over at the September thread. Great luck to all.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Oh, and to Karai, Terri, and Natalia--enjoy the FF food. Let me know how the cream cheese pie goes over with your guests, Karai, and also how you tweak the recipe. It's good to have some variation.
Aruralgirl, I made 2 of the pies last night. They came out beautifully. Here are my twists:
I added to the recipe, 1 cup of frozen no-sugar-added strawberries, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 block of cream cheese (3 blocks total). I then blind baked some almond meal, granular splenda and butter in a pie pan, let cool. Then, added the cream cheese mixture to the pie pans and baked per your instructions. They each took about 40 minutes to get done. I let them cool and then popped one in the frig for my guests to eat for dessert on Friday.

DH and the kids devoured the other one. I took a small bite, and was very pleased. Thanks for the recipe. It was delish! My company will have no idea that they are eating modified LC!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Hi everyone!

Hey Lil...Glad you are feeling better Great work on your woosh too, bet it felt good jumping on the scales that morning!

Yay you got on the Primal train too...congrats I've been going for about 6 weeks and have lost (and kept off) 4kgs (8.8lbs). I'm about 3lbs from goal now. It's weird eating fruit again isn't it.... it did my head in for about a week and I felt soooooo guilty! Now I just incorporate it into my everyday eating and it feels, well, normal. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my fat intake as high but was happy to sacrifice some of my fat for extra, good carbs I still do an occasional M&E day here and there and it still helps give my weight loss a little nudge. If you enjoy cooking there are tonnes of great websites out there to get your imagination going.

Hi everyone else

Good luck and happy losing everyone....

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-29-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Welcome OP girl and hi to Natalia and all. Gonna start a September thread so all of you take care and see you in that. Mae

Statistics this weigh in,lol. I lost just over half a pound this week, but (my excuse and sticking to it, lol) got body swelling from heat here in TX, happens at least once or twice in summer and arthritis in knee causes more.), so that stalls me in weight loss every time. Kept with my LC plan, over ate a few fried things, another contributor and didn't exercise as much. Thar, did my confessions for the month. Now back on the ball, health and heat spell better, so will post as usual my weight loss on Wednesdays. Hope every one continues losing and feeling better. Mae
Hi Mae... never make excuses for losing weight girl! A half a pound is a half a pound, take it!!! Great work

Please post a link if you start the September thread.... you guys make my day and help me stay motivated

Have a great day...
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hi Mae... never make excuses for losing weight girl! A half a pound is a half a pound, take it!!! Great work

Please post a link if you start the September thread.... you guys make my day and help me stay motivated

Have a great day...
It's been started, see Other Plans. Hugs and thanks. Hi all and yeah started it early, Karai . lol Mae
Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/142.4/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hey Lil...Glad you are feeling better Great work on your woosh too, bet it felt good jumping on the scales that morning!

Yay you got on the Primal train too...congrats I've been going for about 6 weeks and have lost (and kept off) 4kgs (8.8lbs). I'm about 3lbs from goal now. It's weird eating fruit again isn't it.... it did my head in for about a week and I felt soooooo guilty! Now I just incorporate it into my everyday eating and it feels, well, normal. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my fat intake as high but was happy to sacrifice some of my fat for extra, good carbs I still do an occasional M&E day here and there and it still helps give my weight loss a little nudge. If you enjoy cooking there are tonnes of great websites out there to get your imagination going.

Hi everyone else

Good luck and happy losing everyone....
Well girl I think I'm hooked. I've been reading a bunch of the free downloads on Mark's site and today I bought the book. I really like the whole concept. What would you say is the biggest contributing factor(s) of the plan that helped you lose weight? Just trying to get my focus going
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Well girl I think I'm hooked. I've been reading a bunch of the free downloads on Mark's site and today I bought the book. I really like the whole concept. What would you say is the biggest contributing factor(s) of the plan that helped you lose weight? Just trying to get my focus going
That's awesome Terri! All I can say is give it a go, and if you like it then you will not want to change this WOE!

Here are the biggest factors for me:
- I can just eat a lot of normal stuff that my family eats so I don't feel like I'm being so restrictive or missing out on anything.

- I also find having more energy from my food stops me from 'eating off plan' or eating too much because my body isn't craving energy all of the time.

- I've stopped fearing extra carbs in my diet. I think after all of these years of eating atkins style that I have forgotten how good fruit can make you feel. Again, it's the not having to deny myself that puts me in a good frame of mind for losing weight.

- It was really easy for me to switch to this WOE because I was already sugar/grain free... I just needed to adjust my view of certain carbohydrates that I had been viewing as 'evil'!

It's really weird to me that the weight just has been falling off again like it did when I first started LC all those years ago. It feels like I should be eating this way (if that makes sense).

Hope that helps Terri. Good luck to you and I'm happy to help out wherever I can...even though I'm a bit of a newbie myself
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Natasha for such a thoughtful response. And yes that helps a great deal! I know what you mean about just feeling right. When I first started reading Mark’s blog it just spoke to me. I can only hope I have the great results that you have had.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Thanks Natasha for such a thoughtful response. And yes that helps a great deal! I know what you mean about just feeling right. When I first started reading Mark’s blog it just spoke to me. I can only hope I have the great results that you have had.
You are most welcome Terri. I'm sure you will have great success if you felt right about it after reading the information. That feeling tends to kick in even more when you start. Can't wait to see how you go
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hey tashy,

I head about Paleo and primal around he same time as I learnt about low carb, but I decided low carb would get me the results I wanted faster. I put my son on primal straight away though and his IBS cleared up almost the next day. Hubby has slowly shifted to primal as hes understood the health benefits, and my daughter shift to it last month when she reached her goal weight. So I was all alone in low carb world

I totally get you about the weight loss. I switched to primal and bam! 2 kg gone in 3 days. Very like the start of low carb induction.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still getting my head around if we're already doing no grains and sugar, how basically adding fruit is going to make the weight fall off. Obviously I have some reading to do this weekend. I'm very excited about the whole concept and know there is a lot more to it. I hope to be ready to start either this Tuesday or next Monday. Planning on sticking with modified FF for the weekend and then if I'm not ready to jump in, FF for the rest of the week.

Friday's weigh in is a little bittersweet. I'm 140.4, which means I lost 2.8 on three days of FF and I’m so close to first goal I can taste it – Sweet! However because of my unexplained 2.6 bump from Monday & Tuesday, I’m only down .20 from last Friday’s weigh in – Bitter. Oh well down is down.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
The September 2013 Meat and Eggs Thread Can Be Found Here!

Happy Losing Everyone! Cheers!
Closed Thread