Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wow, Lindy, Austin is always way ahead of everyone else in the newest trends. I am so bummed my glass container finally arrived that I was going to make my continuous brew in and it is broken. Broken during shipping.

I guess I will wait until I find the right bucha brewer/dispenser. I don't want to use anything with plastic or metal. Supposed to be glass or unpainted ceramic right?

CiCi please keep us updated on how the brewing goes. My flavors are citrus ginger and blueberry/grape.

Has anyone heard from SlowSure? I am terrible to keep up with all of my LCFs, but had not heard from her in a while. Hope she is doing well.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
SlowSure is quiet at present. She posted that an elderly neighbour had died and that another was very poorly. She is supporting their families.

We miss you Sunday, Cici and many others
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Great to see you, Kissa. Always luv your new avis. You just keep getting younger.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey everybody, just checking in. Not much happening now, but it's a good day. Still making my plans on gardening. I ordered a bunch of heirloom seed and they arrived so I have no recourse but to plant them.
I won't do a lot in the fall. Ready for spring. Then watch me go.
Weight is still around 226-227. Can't complain. Keeping up with my liver and good non processed food. Loving it. Keep safe and happy days.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Kissa! I love the avi too! Beautiful and happy.

Thank you for letting me know about dear SlowSure. I am planning to drop in over at the JUDDD buds as soon as my time allows. I will love having time to read about everyone and how they are doing!

Can't say much today, very busy, but hope to have time tomo to update all!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Hey there Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and as always, have a question or two. I had mentioned in a post earlier that I was lowering my carbs and felt like garbage. I don't know how people do that. I was so crabby! anyways, back on full on-PhD style and am back to my normal self. I ordered some coconut oil/MCT oil (1 lb.) and thought I would try to incorporate the oil prior to lunch and dinner. Just wanted to clarify the rules, and if it is still game on in that department.

A shot of oil without tasting it, chasing it down with warm water 1 hour prior to eating a meal. That is it. during the hour before and after the shot, no spices. I do have to mention that I have been taking collagen (great lakes) and biotin. I'm turning into a monkey for God sakes! I hve a bunch of white peach fuzz all over my face
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Mama,
The GL collagen is great. I failed on the flavorless oil this week. I have been so busy.

It works as long as you continue to do it. Just exactly as you state. MCT oil seems to be the best for me. Although, I have some avocado oil and rice bran oil, and may throw a swig of either when necessary. Just think it is better with the MCT. I am anxious to see if it helps blunt your appetite. It sure did mine.

Well, gang, I am anxious to get myself back to resistance training on a regular basis also. I have been walking my feet off, but no KBs or weights and I must do that!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the latest study is out on sugar and it isn't good. Even safe doses of sugar are now considered harmful to our health. Especially in women!
Since Paul considers it a toxin, and one of the "DO NOT HAVE", I am very careful to keep it to almost zero. My fav dark chocolate has some sugar and every now and then I have the margarita at the restaurant. I think the study seem to help me resolve to give the drinks up forever and look for alternative dark chocolate.

Sugar is toxic to mice in 'safe' doses | e! Science News
Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have not made this yet, but thought of KT when I saw this on the PHD site.

Coconut Chia Pudding

Mix 10-12 ounces of coconut milk (preservative-free is best), 1/4 cup chia seeds, dash of sea salt, and a spoon of raw honey. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow chia seeds to absorb liquid. I made mine the night before.

On a side note, you could mix in some coconut oil, if you were trying to up your MCT intake. Cinnamon, cacao or unsweetened cocoa would work great here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coconut Chia Pudding.jpg (38.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Stopping in to say hello to my "old" group. Sounds like everyone is doing well. This recipe sounds like something I would love and I am going to try it. Cindy, it is so good to see you. You are looking spectacular!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have not made this yet, but thought of KT when I saw this on the PHD site.

Coconut Chia Pudding

Mix 10-12 ounces of coconut milk (preservative-free is best), 1/4 cup chia seeds, dash of sea salt, and a spoon of raw honey. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow chia seeds to absorb liquid. I made mine the night before.

On a side note, you could mix in some coconut oil, if you were trying to up your MCT intake. Cinnamon, cacao or unsweetened cocoa would work great here!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Hi Sunday!

chia seeds are the stuff!!!

thanks for the sugar article. unbelievable how poisonous it is.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I'm currently on a quest, to figure out why I bloat so much. I literally look like I'm pregnant again for which I AM NOT I did a recent potato hack, only potatoes with apple cider vinegar on them for 3 days...O.K. I GAINED WEIGHT and my tummy never went away...I'm tired of it! I weigh what I weighed before I started this whole diet rigamarole...so crazy. When you only have 10 pounds to loose, it comes it goes, it comes back with friends, it leaves...yuck. I finally removed my weight from my stats! BLAAAAHHHH...I'm eating total PhD even supplements now. I did try a low carb version...um not for me. I have been thinking I must have to exercise more or something! Feeling frustrating Keep forgetting about the oil thing too...altho I'm looking for a majic cure to this...

Done with ranting...hoping everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Stopping in to say hello to my "old" group. Sounds like everyone is doing well. This recipe sounds like something I would love and I am going to try it. Cindy, it is so good to see you. You are looking spectacular!!
Hey there Bev! So great to hear from you! Yes, I have been crayzy busy and I apologize because it has been weary and by the time I get online, I can't get the gumption to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I'm currently on a quest, to figure out why I bloat so much. I literally look like I'm pregnant again for which I AM NOT I did a recent potato hack, only potatoes with apple cider vinegar on them for 3 days...O.K. I GAINED WEIGHT and my tummy never went away...I'm tired of it! I weigh what I weighed before I started this whole diet rigamarole...so crazy. When you only have 10 pounds to loose, it comes it goes, it comes back with friends, it leaves...yuck. I finally removed my weight from my stats! BLAAAAHHHH...I'm eating total PhD even supplements now. I did try a low carb version...um not for me. I have been thinking I must have to exercise more or something! Feeling frustrating Keep forgetting about the oil thing too...altho I'm looking for a majic cure to this...

Done with ranting...hoping everyone is having a good day!
The only time that I have gained weight without rhyme or reason had everything to do with entering meno. It was completely insane. I did gain a small amount when I switched to PHD, but it came off pretty regularly after about a month in. Are you supping with potato starch? If so, I would take a break. I think now that I have been optimal I only have it once or twice per week. Potato hack doesn't always drop weight for me, but the oil did. Very odd!

I am still trying to stay true to PHD even though, I don't eat as often as I would like and sometimes it is only meat & tater. Very odd schedule right now.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello PHDers!

If you own The Perfect Health Diet kindle book, Amazon has a deal where you can actually get the audiobook for free. If you buy the kindle book, or already own it, go to the Amazon page and click on "professional narration" in the sentence that says:

Because you own this Kindle book, you can add the professional narration of Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat for the reduced price of $4.49.

Once you get to audible enter the coupon code "thankyoufans" and it will give you a $5 credit. Not only will you get the PHD audiobook but you get 51 cents to use on your next audiobook haha. ...

I own both the e-book and the hard copy and still use them for advice. I don't have much to say but hope to be able to get online more and back to the business of all things PH! I am taking the MCT oil and it is helping me daily. Still eat my yolks, brazil nuts, oysters, and taters along with the many wonderful foods that PHD allows. Have a great day friends!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I have been trying the oil thing...just twice a day so I will have to check back in. I did have major tummy issues with the mct oil/coconut oil so I just stuck with unflavored probably refined coconut oil. I do have a quick question, is grapeseed oil a no-no?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Mama,

Any oil will work, but why not nose clip while taking a tbsp. of grassfed butter? I read of many doing this while on *** and SLD forum. I did have a bit of issue with MCT oil a couple of times, but I think I adapted to it. It sure cleans you out when you take it. I hope you see success. I can definitely see how this helps me reign in unnecessary eating.

All, I am so sorry to be so absent, but this Saturday is our Grand Opening and the big hoorah we have been working 2.5 years toward. It is a big deal and so I barely have time to sit down and by the time I sit down and read, I need to catch up on my emails and local news.

I am loving my PHD plan and will be back regularly after Labor Day. Lots of hugs and love.

Lindy, Please update on all of your escapades!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello to all the ladies here! I too have been so busy trying to learn the ins and outs of my new job, we are finishing our 4th week of classroom training and will be in class two more weeks before we 'transition' to the phones for 6 more weeks of training...My brain is expanding. It's been a challenge for sure and I come home at night alternately relieved and grumpy...food wise I fail big time. I'm thinking of doing a potato hack for as long as I can stand it, starting tomorrow. The days and hours spent sitting on my rear are not good for me! I ache and feel more out of shape than usual. It's so good to read about you all and see what you're up to. I've been neglecting my journal because I've been so grumpy....

Happy Friday, Happy Labor Day weekend! Yay, three days off...in a row. WOOT!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What happened to this thread? Is there no September thread? Has it been abandoned? I keep searching the site but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.... Does anyone know?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I think everyone has just been "busy." I know for me...all this healthy eating - I found myself pregnant I just have to laugh! I have never read increased fertility, but I suppose that makes sense. Also makes sense for all my bloating issues.. Still eating PhD....enjoying a sweet potato right now with a sprinkling of pecans and a smear of butter..I feel great and I refuse to jump on the scale. I'm surely going to have a healthy baby!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everyone!

YES! YES! Lots of stuff going on in my life!!!
I am sticking my head in to say that I have time to read and glean a bit once in a while, but have been worried that I could not do the PHD thread justice, so I am letting go.

I think we have enough folks who enjoy PHD, we can post over at the Paleo thread without having to do a monthly thread. Does this sound okay? http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/pa...c-neanderthin/

Blonde, I am coming over to read your journal and will pop in today!

Mama! I can't tell you how excited this new is! I guess this makes #9? I can't remember, but I am overjoyed for you!!!

Last edited by sunday; 09-20-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Mamatomany! Congratulations! Your post made me smile so big this morning! Yes you surely will have a healthy baby. When are you due?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Sunday! Yes I think the Paleo thread will due just fine. Take care of yourself and visit when you can?
Old 09-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey ladies, just a quick moment to say hello. Yes I've been busy. The best time of my life.
Mama, what a joy. I know you are thrilled. The best is yet to come.
Blonde, missed you. I've been so enthralled with my life that I've been neglecting you guys. Glad that your job is going so well. A new job is always stressing so don't worry so much about the diet for a while. But, you know, the potato hack...... Gotta love it.
Sunday, I last visited on 8-9 and can't believe it's been so long. Getting started on my garden. I want to be able to eat anything without worry of GMO's so the best way is to grow it. I bought some 4 x 4' beds (6 of them) and am trying to get all the stuff to go in them. compost, manure, soil etc.
You know when I started LCF's in Feb. I couldn't do much. Standing in the kitchen for 20 min to cook or load dishes wiped my out. TODAY, look at me. I just spent 30 min two different times digging a one foot deep trench in my garden bed. So far, I have gotten about 4 feet and it's 4 ft wide. I'm going to do a (google this) hugelkultur bed. This entitles putting logs and heavy limbs in a trench and adding dirt on top then compost and topsoil. It's a way to garden without adding a lot of fertilizers or constantly having to water. The decaying logs hold water like a sponge. There are a lot of videos on youtube about it. A lot of work to set up but I love the idea of never having to water it. What I want is a 4' x 20' bed for my perennial veggies. Asparagus, walking onions, garlic, strawberries and herbs. What a treat. Nobody in my house has ever heard of this and think that once again I'm nuts. ha. SIL Clint says his mama always tilled her soil and had a great garden. I told him that this way I don't have to get on my knees to weed and will never have to till at all. He can't comprehend it. Sigh. I have plenty of room (several acres) to stretch and have bought some fig trees and blackberry bushes. And I'm going to get several kinds of fruit trees and bushes.
So that's what I've been up to. I'll check in again at the new thread. Love to all of you and I wish you the very best of life.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Lindy! Just outstanding news about the garden and your health!! You know you should start a journal here where you can record all this stuff. I'll visit you! Thanks for coming to see me, yeah weird about the job...oh well easy come, easy get outta there!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy! This makes my day!

On the fruit trees, I am in love with my peach, apricot & plum tree! I have tried forever to grow strawberries and blueberries and I failed! I was able to get blueberries the first year, but for some reason they don't ever pan out since? I will do research on this waterless gardening. It sounds fun.

Blonde, I am happy that you made the decision to let go of the office job. It is very stressful and besides, we are not getting younger, so why torture ourselves on purpose? You remind me so much of myself. I can find simple life to be the most enjoyable.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Is anyone still doing this?
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

As far as I know, those that were here have taken the information and combined it with other things for one reason or another. The striking point for most of us was reintroducing "safe" starches and fermented foods daily. If you have read his book, you will note nutritional reasons for each food. I believe it is very healing.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks CiCi.

I have been trying to figure out a different way of eating than strict LC. I have been exploring different options. My love of potatoes took to me to the potato hack thread. That in turn took me to PHD. I haven't invested in the book yet. I've just been gathering info. I was considering combining PHD with JUDDD and a potato day- I guess it wouldn't really be a hack - on my DD. I'm trying to find something that helps with pain, fatigue and is sustainable. I have 20# I would like to lose. The posts on the hack about PHD seemed like it could really help this.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

The first page of this thread pretty much has all the basics. If you want to explore the earlier months, there was a lot of info exchanged. We all agreed that we felt really good on this. Eat your required protein and carbs and adjust your fat intake to put you at your preferred calorie intake.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you CiCi.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote