Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Aomiel- I don't know why you're feeling bloated. TOM? I hope you get rid of it soon.
Eh...not for 23 years.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Well then, I guess we can rule out you being preggo. Lol
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Bite your tongue.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Bite your tongue.
ROFL, Nat and AOM
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day 5: Absolutely no weight loss since starting the egg fast.
Aomiel, can you post what you've been eating, well how you've been eating the eggs and what else? Maybe we can offer some suggestions. Mae

Good luck to everyone, have a fantastic weekend.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #96
sid
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sid
hi, i have been losing on atkins induction for last 4 months and have lost about 55 lbs by now though i stalled many times and to come out from those stalls i tried egg and meat fast, egg fast and then fat fast. I have lost very well on fat fast but the menu i was using made me sick in 4 days so i switched back to egg and meat fasting then afte few days stalled on it too, got so much sick of eggs and meat thing so what i did when ever i got sick of fat fast or egg and meat i took a break of 4 days and in those four days i eat low fat stuff as i got really sick of fat and vomiting too, now the situation is i have to lose last 10 lbs and im again going to start fat fast ( before starting fat fast i have to do egg and meat fast for at least 3 days otherwise it will not work for me) now the menu i am thinking to follow is as follow:

-2eggs w butter
-2 oz cream cheese
-2 oz sour cream
-2oz cheddar cheese
-2 oz sour cream

now i have two questions first does this menu sound ok ?
second im confused in cream cheese brand the one i used earlier was philadelphia cream cheese (full fat) but i hate its taste but i dont know what other brand i can use as i read that do not use processed cream cheese.
plz tell me the cream cheese brand here in UK also the sour cream brand name too .
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sid
I am concerned about your forcing yourself on fat fast or egg fast. Even with vomiting . That's pretty hardcore. I don't believe you should hate your diet so badly it's forcing you to be sick, even if it is temporary .

I have a radical suggestion . You have come so far and only have 10lbs left. Why not practice maintenance for a wee bit. Give your body a rest, practice new skills. And probably drop a few lbs in the process.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlk35
WOE: Atkins
Can we have pickled eggs on this fast ?
dlk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk35 View Post
Can we have pickled eggs on this fast ?
Sure. Why not?
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Sid
I am concerned about your forcing yourself on fat fast or egg fast. Even with vomiting . That's pretty hardcore. I don't believe you should hate your diet so badly it's forcing you to be sick, even if it is temporary .

I have a radical suggestion . You have come so far and only have 10lbs left. Why not practice maintenance for a wee bit. Give your body a rest, practice new skills. And probably drop a few lbs in the process.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stacy1131
Stats: 179/179/165
hello,
i started the egg fast on sunday and today (tues) i have lost 4 pounds already. im sure a couple of that is water weight. i feel better eating low carb with much more energy and no craving junk. i have done low carb on and off but never have made it a lifestyle for good. wish i could and will try really hard this time. thanks for all the posts. will keep in touch.
stacy1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
I am doing it too. Started Monday. Down .4 day 1 and 2.2 today. I did it last week and lost 9 in 6 days. BUT had an off day Friday for dh 50th and gained almost 7! Saturday I did just eggs, even with 13 people at my house for a dinner party. I only went down 1.2! Both the extraordinary gain and the whimpy loss put me in the 'screw it' state of mind Sunday so I ate trail mix all afternoon and evening. That made me gain back the 1.2+.6.
So....I started Monday at 140.6, today 137.8 and last Friday 133.6.

What's going on with you? I had 11 eggs yesterday made with co,evoo and Kerry gold butter.
Dara
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
For the past month I have adopted an Egg Fast into my diet. I fast for about 3-5 days, just so I can see if any progress is being made or not. I have only lost while doing Egg Fasts, that includes weeks that i've been bad and gotten off plan. Thanks to the egg fast I have reached a new low in my weight and I hope the fast will help me reach my next goal by Labor Day.

Be sure to consume plenty of water while on this fast. I think the most eggs i've eaten in one day is 10 with plenty of fat with it (the unspoken rule is 1 TBS of butter or mayo per egg to combat protein poisioning right?) At least that's what I've read somewhere and am doing.

Cheers.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stacy1131
Stats: 179/179/165
hi all,

i am really feeling pretty good. i have lost 4 pounds in 4 days. i am eating some eggs, some meat, cheese some nuts and fat. i have no want to to cheat or eat sugar like i usually do. the egg fast got me off to a good start. i hope everyone keeps up the good work. thanks for being there!!
stacy1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gator
Stats: start145.8/load153/LDW131.4
WOE: HCG
Start Date: start 3/8/13 RIP1
I think I need to add meat, bc at the end of the day all I want to do is eat a boatload of nuts. I'm just afraid of sodium.
Not hungry, just want to eat!
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
I think I need to add meat, bc at the end of the day all I want to do is eat a boatload of nuts. I'm just afraid of sodium.
Not hungry, just want to eat!
Hey Gator, posted in M/E to you. Drink lots of water hon, it will work out for you. I worry too, but found a happy medium: I quit stressing over it . LOL

Hi also to: , Naf, Aomiel, Stacy, Herher, Sid, Natalia, and All.
I'll be doing an Egg Fast Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. if anyone wants to join me. Then will go back to M/E for a week. I sometimes do strict Stillman's for a few days, but LC My Way/M&E is pretty much my woe. But use Stillman's, Atkins for guidelines. That's why I write and say hi in those threads, and the people are great too, like here. Here's a bit of humor I shared on the other threads I visit. Enjoy and happy losses. Mae

This is quoted from the August 2013 issue of Seniorific News. I can't take credit for it, but had to share this bit of humor from it. It was sent in by a reader of the publication.

"I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner! I use the shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: For Extra Body and Volume." No wonder I've been gaining weight!
Well! I've gotten rid of that shampoo and am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "Dissolves Fat that is otherwise difficult to Remove." Problem solved.
-----------
Now if losing weight could really be that easy and simple. We'd all take more showers. LOL> Hope you enjoyed. Happy life, laughter and losses to you all. Mae
----------------
Menu for tomorrow: B-Scrambled eggs in butter with pepper. L/D- Pot pie sized quiche with spices and a few onions in it, a bit of cheese and butter. Black coffee and plain cold tea. Boiled egg with a little mayo for a snack if desired. Down to 237 now so will weigh on Wednesday. MP

Last edited by maepowers; 08-24-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
"I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner! I use the shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: For Extra Body and Volume." No wonder I've been gaining weight!
Well! I've gotten rid of that shampoo and am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "Dissolves Fat that is otherwise difficult to Remove." Problem solved.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Mae,
If only that were the case!! I'd be showering 5x a day!

I guess I am on day 4 of VLC . Like, V. So far, my fats at 88% and my carbs at 0%. Total, not net. Lol
After supper though I will hv my protein in so I usually sit mid 70's fat wise.

All that to say, I am in for a slightly modified FF with a VLC supper.
When I am FFing or M/E Ing is the only time I feel in ketosis.
Am also watching fiber and banning all SAs for now, including erythritol. Meh. Miss the taste, using da vinci's in my iced coffee. Also prefer coffee cream to HWC in my coffee. During a FF, it's HWC all the way.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed, Melody!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mae,
If only that were the case!! I'd be showering 5x a day!

I guess I am on day 4 of VLC . Like, V. So far, my fats at 88% and my carbs at 0%. Total, not net. Lol
After supper though I will hv my protein in so I usually sit mid 70's fat wise.

All that to say, I am in for a slightly modified FF with a VLC supper.
When I am FFing or M/E Ing is the only time I feel in ketosis.
Am also watching fiber and banning all SAs for now, including erythritol. Meh. Miss the taste, using da vinci's in my iced coffee. Also prefer coffee cream to HWC in my coffee. During a FF, it's HWC all the way.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Natalia and all! I would too, Nat. lol. You go Nat, you can do this. I've gone black lately in coffee, and did a FF the week before, prolly why I had that almost 9lb loss, lol. Bloated just a few days before weigh in, but it should go away soon. I'll check in with you all on Wed; take care and happy losses to all. mae
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Hi All

Just a quick note. If you'e doing an egg fast or M/E or alternate LC, come join us in the M/E Sailing in September thread just started. Happy life & losing to all. Mae