Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Okay. Has it been purely eggs and eggs alone? Do u do coffee with HWC or anything like that?
I do drink some green tea that I sweeten with stevia. Other than that it just eggs, butter, mayo and salt and pepper. Lol

Laura, good to see you too!
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Morning all.
I've decided to jump on board for the last 3 days of my newest round (I weigh myself every 5 days and I refer to these as "rounds"). I'm on Ongoing-Induction/Meat&Eggs, but for the last 3 days of this round I WANT(I hope I won't get sidetracked/fall off the wagon) to do strictly an Egg Fast. Friday is my weigh-in day (I can't do daily-weighing; the flucctuations stress me out too much). But Friday morning, I will weigh myself and see what losses this WOE helps me acheive. My goal is to lose at least the 3.8lbs I gained last week for falling off the wagon and eating too carb-y.

Wish me luck!
NAF, good luck, you can do it! I once lost 8lbs in 4 days doing just eggs with minimal condiments and spices. Months ago, lol.
Hi to everyone else. NAF and I are in the M/E July thread, you're all welcome there too, but I may lurk and read here. GOOD luck to all of you on your egg-quest. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day 1 of my Egg Fast is done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but towards the end there I was getting a little "egged out." Here's hoping that tomorrow, Day 2 goes just as well.

Yes, I too have heard that the egg fast acts like a diuretic, and I must be living proof of that, I have never had to go to the restroom to go #1 so often like I did today in a very long time. LOL Sorry, for the TMI ladies.

Quick Question: Is it okay to drink things like Bulletproof coffee, or Heavy Whipping Cream when on a Egg Fast? I'm in the mood to drink a cup to fight off any possible hunger that may come to me before morning.
TO NAF & ALL: Yes it is ok to have our BPC. The egg fast is not just HB eggs and water. You have to tweak it to suit you and that is what makes it all work well and fast. So there. LOL. Mae
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Mae! I didn't know your M&E thread was there until last night, and I spent some time catching myself up on July. Very impressed and surprised by the flurry of activity there (and the friendly posts). Seems usually on M&E threads, there are a few who disagree (which is fine) and make their opinion very clear, which detracts a but from the great atmosphere .

I shall pop into July and introduce myself! I thought maybe you started on the 1st. Also not sure how long I will last!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Is this deep ketosis?

Okay, so for the past 2hrs, i've had a slight headache but not to the point that I feel like I need to take an aspirin or something and feeling 'blah.' I am wondering am I entering deep ketosis from these 2 days of the egg fast? I'm not hungry at all (I still haven't had dinner). Any thoughts people?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I felt lousy today and went back to LC eating. I feel better this evening. Not sure if that's what it was.......
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hi Mae! I didn't know your M&E thread was there until last night, and I spent some time catching myself up on July. Very impressed and surprised by the flurry of activity there (and the friendly posts). Seems usually on M&E threads, there are a few who disagree (which is fine) and make their opinion very clear, which detracts a but from the great atmosphere .

I shall pop into July and introduce myself! I thought maybe you started on the 1st. Also not sure how long I will last!
Hi Natalia! Please come on over there. That is such a great group of people and no we do not get on your case, we are there to support and offer help if you need it and listen to your woeing on Woes, lol. I also post on the Stillman's board, good group there too and some of them do ME also, and have done egg fasts too. So it's a diverse group of low carbers, but we believe that all should tweak things that help them. We all have our own opinions yes, but we listen and just offer help if we can. So all are welcome, it's a good atmosphere. That's the way it should be. Mae
Old 07-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay, so for the past 2hrs, i've had a slight headache but not to the point that I feel like I need to take an aspirin or something and feeling 'blah.' I am wondering am I entering deep ketosis from these 2 days of the egg fast? I'm not hungry at all (I still haven't had dinner). Any thoughts people?
Naf, don't try to stuff down eggs only if you can't. One thing that helps me if I do just eggs, is take your finger or a butter knife and use the tip of either to get a dab of mayo and lick it off, savor it slowly. Headache gone and so is any queasiness from gassy egg or whatever. It satiates too. Also on the first couple of days of just doing strict eggs, it makes one sometimes lethargic and you could get a headache from eating singular foods or the shock to your system. Mind catching up with body kinda thingy. No doctor, just been through something similar before. Hope this helps and the headache goes away.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I felt lousy today and went back to LC eating. I feel better this evening. Not sure if that's what it was.......
HI Shelby, I sure hope you feel better. Switch overs can do that. Keep an eye on your symptoms. Take care. Mae
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Well, guess what I had for snack? My very first egg drop soup! It was pretty ghetto to fit the requirements (only stock, 1 tsp butter, 1 egg, and 1/4 tsp ginger). It looked gross but it tasted terrific! And boy was it filling. I think it makes the perfect snack or light meal. Will def be making again.

My carbs are 1%, I think my fat is 81%. I feel really good, but a little bloated in the face since I had the broth.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I would guess that would be deep ketosis. I never get keto symptoms except on M&E or fat fast. Today I felt queasy, slight headache, and had a weird taste in my mouth. After a gravol and a large glass of water I felt better.

Could you stand some buttered broth? It's tasty and might help.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How do you make buttered broth?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Headache is gone. I ate a mini cream cheese muffin. With all the exercise I've done the past 4 days (45mins of jumping rope and walking 4 1/2 miles) I thought 4 carbs wouldn't kill me.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heheher View Post
How do you make buttered broth?

It's just what they call bulletproof broth. I didn't like the bulletproof coffee, but boy, the broth tastes so good and satisfying.. Great if you have the keto flu or evening cravings.

It's just prepared chicken stock, I used the tetra pack one, or bouillon dissolved in boiling water. Add a tbsp or less of butter per serving. Mix well. It really brings out the flavor in the broth and gives it body.

Last edited by Natalia; 07-24-2013 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! Sounds good.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I use toasted sesame seed oil in my broth. Reminds me of the soup I used to get at my favorite chinese restaurant.

Day 4 of egg fast. So I've done 3 days. Calories come in at about 1200 and fats around 71%. My calories are about 300-400 less than I normally eat to maintain but fats are up by roughly 10%. Carbs are less than 8. Still no weight loss as of this morning.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Weigh-In Results: Great loss this round!

Normally I post my weekly weigh-in results in the Meat&Eggs thread since that's my "home" (and I will) but since I did participate here for the past 2 days in a mini-egg fast I felt it was only right to post here as well, since I am sure it has contributed to this week's success.

I am happy to say I LOST weight this week. . . I lost 6.4lbs.

According to my notebook where I write EVERYTHING down, that makes a combined loss of 8.2lbs for the month of July 2013. This is the biggest round 'whoosh' that I've had to date if i'm not mistaken.

What I did different this round compared to the last round where I gained:

1. All my exercise was strictly and only cardio. 2x out of these 5 days I did jump rope (no fancy jumps either, just the basic two-footed-basic bounce) and 2x I walked the local university (it's 2miles) so I'm def. sure cardio played a good part.

2. The egg fast Tuesday and Wednesday. They say eggs are a diuretic and they may very well be b/c I've never visited the toilet so often in the past 48hrs. It def. helped me lose some stubborn water weight no doubt. LOL In truth, it is not a difficult fast, but it is not a FAST I could see myself on comfortably for more than 3-4 days. Just my humble opinion.

3. Warning: I do not want this reason/explanation to cause any debate, all I know is I did this before a few weeks prior, and I got better than average losses that week too. So I may keep doing it. I counted 0carb foods and products as 1carb in my daily allowance logs. It may sound silly, but this works for me. If a tiny egg, as innocent, and pure as it is has been classified as having 1carb (at least the eggs I buy), certainly anything that has 0carbs under its nutritional facts (HWC, Mayo, Mustard) must have at least a trace as well in large quantities. So, I mark it as 1carb. Again, this is just what I've started doing and it has attributed to better success for me it seems. Again, this is just what worked for me; just being honest about my documenting.

And that's it! Very content, Very happy. I'm going to head out of town for a few days, I hope I can stick to plan as best as possible, but if not...every grocery store in town sells eggs, so i'll be okay.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I weighed today and am the same as yesterday.
I'm going to keep going, though.
I'd love more egg drop soup.
Having bacon and coffee for breakfast.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I weighed today and am the same as yesterday.
I'm going to keep going, though.
I'd love more egg drop soup.
Having bacon and coffee for breakfast.
Keep going Natalia. The drop will be worth it (I've read that most people do not gain back the weight they drop from an egg fast, not too quickly anyway).
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Just blew it. Had a LC binge. Started with feeling deprived over lack of cheese. At least it's over and everything was SFGF
If I do this again I think I need to add cheese,

I feel gross.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just blew it. Had a LC binge. Started with feeling deprived over lack of cheese. At least it's over and everything was SFGF
If I do this again I think I need to add cheese,

I feel gross.

Well, everyone is different. Take a day or two to get that yucky feeling out your system and start again on this plan or another that works for you. Perhaps Meat&Eggs would be a better option? (don't know if you've tried that one yet or not). Cheers.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Atkins Fan- thanks so much for your support. I used to hide and be ashamed of a binge. I'm still not proud of it, but I can admit it happened.

I love cheese.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't weigh today. I will weigh tomorrow. I also added 2 sausage patties to my menu. I feel a lot less bloated.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Atkins Fan- thanks so much for your support. I used to hide and be ashamed of a binge. I'm still not proud of it, but I can admit it happened.

I love cheese.
Hey Natalia; know what you mean and feel for ya. I love cheese too, but now I cut like those cheddar blocks into small serving sizes, 1 oz or so and that helps to keep it down and from overdoing it. You'll be find, quit making yourself feel guilty. You grow from it and keep on going. Rooting for you!

Good luck to everyone else, great job on the losses and getting up and sticking to things. Have a great upcoming weekend. Mae
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I didn't weigh today. I will weigh tomorrow. I also added 2 sausage patties to my menu. I feel a lot less bloated.
Glad you feel better. MP
Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I lost a total of 6 pounds. I'm going to add in meats and cheeses the next couple of days.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Day 5: Absolutely no weight loss since starting the egg fast.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I lost a total of 6 pounds. I'm going to add in meats and cheeses the next couple of days.

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Day 5: Absolutely no weight loss since starting the egg fast.
Try going for 100oz of water today (plain water as well as the tea) maybe the extra plain water will trigger a whoosh?????
Old 07-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

NAF,
I already drink 64 fl oz of plain water. The tea is the extra fluid and I'm slightly over 100 fl oz with the tea. Just FYI...they used to say your daily fluid had to be water, but now they're saying it doesn't matter if it's tea or coffee since it is still water.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Mae- thanks for the pep talk. Normally a binge would've had me saying I might as well have x, y, and z. Instead I took the kids to the play place and had a cheesy bacon burger just mustard, threw away the bun, and got a SF iced coffee with cream.
Onward and upward! Another lesson learned.

Atkinsfan and Heather,
Congrats on the big losses! That's incredible!

Aomiel- I don't know why you're feeling bloated. TOM? I hope you get rid of it soon.