Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post
Hello all. Been browsing this site while doing my research on this whole low carb thing. I do think meat and eggs is the diet I wanna do first. Just a question - would yall stay strictly on this diet for a long while (like months) if you had a lot of fat to lose like I do?
Also Biggy, here is the usual M&E forum where there are heaps and heaps of stories about how long people do it for and what has been working for them...
Meat and egg fast anyone?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Morning gang

I feel like a one day break between M&E was enough this time, and plus the family wanted bacon and eggs for Sunday breakfast so I thought it was a good start!

Planned menu:

B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 1 x fried egg & 2 slices bacon
S: Coffee with hwc & stevia
L: 3 egg omelette with ham cooked in some CO
D: Chicken curry (chicken thigh fillets, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garamasla, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, salt, pepper, splash of HWC and a pinch stevia)

Keep up the good work everyone and see you all tomorrow. Happy losing
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Morning gang

I feel like a one day break between M&E was enough this time, and plus the family wanted bacon and eggs for Sunday breakfast so I thought it was a good start!

Planned menu:

B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 1 x fried egg & 2 slices bacon
S: Coffee with hwc & stevia
L: 3 egg omelette with ham cooked in some CO
D: Chicken curry (chicken thigh fillets, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garamasla, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, salt, pepper, splash of HWC and a pinch stevia)

Keep up the good work everyone and see you all tomorrow. Happy losing
Happy losing to you too Tashy! That chicken does sound yummy will have to try it, thanks for sharing! Here's my menu today:
Scrambled egg yolks with 3 pepper/onion blend & a half a steakuum.
Lunch/Dinner was Egg Drop soup with homemade stock and some chicken in it plus egg whites. 2 cups of coffee, one no cream. Lots of tea and water.
More than likely that will be tomorrow's also. Last Wed weighed in at 240, I'm down to 238.2 now (had to sneak a look), so not too bad. I like keeping the weekly weigh in though. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Mae
Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi, welcome

It's a personal choice and some people stay on it for a long period of time depending on their goals. Make sure you drink loads and loads of water, include some fat in your diet, try to do strict M&E until you find out what works, try to keep salt to a minimum and I would suggest a good multivitamin to keep you going. It also helps to post your menus here and then people are able to give you some advice if you want it.

Plenty of people here to help you with any questions you have too. Good luck.
Welcome BiggyFat. I couldn't give any better advice than Tashy just did, except watch the sugar too and give it a whirl and tweak to your needs. Take care.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Happy losing to you too Tashy! That chicken does sound yummy will have to try it, thanks for sharing!
Thanks Mae...it's a tweak on my normal curry which usually has some almond meal added Great job on your loss BTW!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Welcome BiggyFat

I have not lost anything for 24 hours and Im ok with it because yesterday my baby girl turned 17, and we've been celebrating

My non M&E menu looked like this:
B: coconut flour pancakes with vanilla whipped cream, berries and yogurt
L: chicken drums, boiled eggs, slice cheese
Snack: pkt crackling in the movie theatre while watching Despicable me 3D
D: steak and bacon burger sans buns and topping from 3 slices of meat lovers pizza

many, many, many bourbon and coke zeros

SO Im retaining some bourbon.....

The waiter at the resturant was hillarious. I asked if we could swap out the fires for anything, he said "yeah, mash".

Then when he came to collect the plates, I have fries and buns on my plate as did DD21, DD17 had all the pizza base, and DH had mash. His face was a picture )

So I've got 4 days to pee out the water weight for the final weigh in for the month.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
Thank you. I've taken a look at all eight pages of this thread so far and will sit down to read the 60+ pages of the other M/E thread. I do plan on doing 100% M/E, but money is an object right now. I know meats and eggs can be pretty expensive, so I have to make sure that I still have some money to be comfortable with after buying all the M/E.

If money was no object, I would've started a long time ago. I think I've done sufficient research on everything. But here's a sample menu I'd be going for:

B: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and a hamburger patty
L: 2 MORE Hard Boiled Eggs and a steak
D: 2 MORE Hard Boiled Eggs and meatballs

The variety isn't there on the eggs but I promise you - I can live and die off eating the same thing each and every day.

As far as how long I'll be on M/E, well, as long as it takes to get and stay in ketosis and burn all of this fat that I need to burn. Could take months. Any advice on that?

Last edited by Biggy Fat; 07-28-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you. I've taken a look at all eight pages of this thread so far and will sit down to read the 60+ pages of the other M/E thread. I do plan on doing 100% M/E, but money is an object right now. I know meats and eggs can be pretty expensive, so I have to make sure that I still have some money to be comfortable with after buying all the M/E.

If money was no object, I would've started a long time ago. I think I've done sufficient research on everything. But here's a sample menu I'd be going for:

B: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and a hamburger patty
L: 2 MORE Hard Boiled Eggs and a steak
D: 2 MORE Hard Boiled Eggs and meatballs

The variety isn't there on the eggs but I promise you - I can live and die off eating the same thing each and every day.

As far as how long I'll be on M/E, well, as long as it takes to get and stay in ketosis and burn all of this fat that I need to burn. Could take months. Any advice on that?
As far as months and months go you could always check with your doctor. I know people have successfully done it and not reported any major issues but everyone is different and you want to make sure you are not going to harm yourself. You do need to take a supplement IMO and be aware of potential damage to your organs trying to process the protein....but drinking heaps of water and keeping fat in your diet counteracts this.

Your menu looks fine to me but don't forget the water

Good luck....
Old 07-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
As far as months and months go you could always check with your doctor. I know people have successfully done it and not reported any major issues but everyone is different and you want to make sure you are not going to harm yourself. You do need to take a supplement IMO and be aware of potential damage to your organs trying to process the protein....but drinking heaps of water and keeping fat in your diet counteracts this.

Your menu looks fine to me but don't forget the water

Good luck....
Haha, rest assured there will be plenty of water. And what sort of supplement would I need to take so it has no impact on my fat loss goals?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha, rest assured there will be plenty of water. And what sort of supplement would I need to take so it has no impact on my fat loss goals?
Just making sure I got my point across, LOL!

I live in Australia so we may have different things here, but I just use a general multi-vitamin and often I will also take magnesium. I don't find these things have any adverse effects regarding my weight loss at all, they just ensure I am getting adequate vitamins & minerals when I'm not eating fruit/vegetables and they keep my energy levels up.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Back from yesterday's reunion, plus going out to breakfast (with some of the relatives) and taking my son to lunch on the way home (for his 21st birthday)...and I stuck to plan all weekend without even one glitch!

Yes, the food smelled and looked fantastic, but I just kept reminding myself that this was not about whether I could go off plan and not gain weight...it was that even 1/4 cup of any of those high carby/sugary foods would drive my blood glucose up to numbers I haven't seen in over 5 months...and I did it!

While everyone else was loading (overloading really) their plates with all the carby stuff, I opened up my chef's salad with ham, egg, bacon, cheese and full fat homemade blue cheese dressing. When they were chowing down at the dessert table, I opened up my cheesecake pudding (4 oz cream cheese, 2 oz heavy cream, 2 tsp truvia, 1 tsp coconut extract). It was about 3/4 cup but so rich I didn't want more! Best part...people were coming over and drooling over my salad and dessert!'

I stayed under my 25gm of carbs and (except for my little dessert) didn't overdo it on calories either! I am so proud of myself because this was the first real test being around my old eating buddies with all of the wonderful foods I grew up with. The emotional aspect related to the food was probably harder to deal with than the actual food.

It's good to be home with some distance between me and my old eating buddies.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

WTG Aomiel!

Biggy and tashy, I take Centrum, magnesium, potassum and at the moment I am taking calcium but thats just because I cant access raw milk right now and i wont drink that shop crap. Im not sure if they are necessary, but I dont see them being dangerous at the level I take them at and the body tends to just pee out what it doesnt want. Also because our way of eating is high in fat, our bodys are better able to utilse the fat soluable vitamins (D,E,K,A) than if we were low fat.

Lots of fat and water yesterday and half the water weight has gone.
B: bacon and eggs cooked in butter
L: pysllium husk wraps, chicken sausage, lettuce, avocado and mayo
D: untrimmed lamb chop with salad
S: 2 squares of Lindt 85%
Drinks: 4x tea with HWC, 2lt water
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Good Morning Everyone,

Well, this weekend was pretty sane considering the visitors we had to drop-by. I stayed on plan and was able to work-in 1 hour of exercise on Saturday. Usually I can eek out about 1/2 hour if things go as planned.

This week, I will stay on par with the course but add more meats and my MCT oil to the menu. The oil finally arrived. This morning I added a 1/2 tsp to my shake. To my surprise it did not clump up like solid CO does, but mixed in very well...no taste either. So far, I am not physically hungry-- 4 hours later.

Oh yeah, my guests commented on my weightloss. It is finally showing...

Here is today's menu:
B: Egg Protein Shake w/MCT oil
L: Beef and Broccoli
D: Meat-n-Egg Quiche
S: Green Tea w/MCT oil
Water: 130 oz
Exercise: 45 c/30 r

Terri, Tashy and Mae thanks for the WTGs! I appreciate the support.

Welcome, Biggy! I take magnesium, calcium, vitamin D, CoQ10, B-complex, Resveratrol, Olive Leaf extract, Probiotics and medicinal mushrooms...to start. So far, they have only enhanced my weightloss and energy level.

LilBeetle, how do you make the psyllium husk wraps?

Karai
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Happy losing to you too Tashy! That chicken does sound yummy will have to try it, thanks for sharing! Here's my menu today:
Scrambled egg yolks with 3 pepper/onion blend & a half a steakuum.
Lunch/Dinner was Egg Drop soup with homemade stock and some chicken in it plus egg whites. 2 cups of coffee, one no cream. Lots of tea and water.
More than likely that will be tomorrow's also. Last Wed weighed in at 240, I'm down to 238.2 now (had to sneak a look), so not too bad. I like keeping the weekly weigh in though. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Hey Mae, congratulations on the weightloss!! We are doing this.

Karai
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Are there any certain brands of these supplements I can take? And are they widely available in many stores or must I go to a specialty store like GNC?
Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hey Mae, congratulations on the weightloss!! We are doing this.

Karai
Hi Tash, BigFit, Karai, Lil, Terry Aoemil, Natalia, Kris, and Everyone Else!
Hope your weekend was great. Proud of everyone on their accomplishments!.
Thanks to everyone too, like Karai & others who supported me on. I appreciate you guys (general term). This is a great group! As you most know I peek and prowl in some of the other threads too, like Stillman's, Other Plans, and Atkins, or just read even if I don't remark. But overall like it here at LCF board. A good team that. We're all doing this together...wer're all here for each other. Like Karai said above, yeps we are! So kudos to you all and glad we all have each other, for all kinds of reasons. Happy LCing, you wonderful people! Mae

Oh, Big, have you checked your local grocery store or a Walgreens? Sometimes you can find a good brand, not too expensive either, or buy one get one free at those places. My local grocery store sells them for less than 12 dollars for a 2- 3 month supply of an all purpose vitamin, for male and female. Nature Made or Nature's Bounty is a great brand and doesn't bother my stomach. Hope that helps. Mae
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Are there any certain brands of these supplements I can take? And are they widely available in many stores or must I go to a specialty store like GNC?
I just buy whatever is avaiable at my local health shop. There is a theory that says if the product ends in 'ate' such as magnesium citrate, or is an oxide, or has the words 'chelated' on it, then the supplement is in a form easier for the body to absorb. Not sure i'd get to wound up though. Your best bet is to do a google search on it and make your own mind up.

Im back at my pre bourbon weight, but on my OWL day, so it'll be a few days before I get back to M&E.

The phsyllium husk reciepe is here....if I do this right An Ever Shrinking LilBeetle
Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

I did! Woohoo!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Belated congrats, Karai, Tashy, and Mae on your weight loss!

And, Mae, I tried your cheeseburger casserole yesterday--good stuff! I've got one more piece for my breakfast tomorrow.

Biggy! Good luck on your weight loss adventure!

Happy M & Eing this week, everybody!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Morning everyone!

Finally! Woke up this morning and I feel like a new person! The scales say I'm back down to my usual 160 (goodbye 5 lbs of fluid) and I no longer feel like a water balloon!

I find this whole dieting phenomena fascinating. For years they've been telling us calories in/calories out. I've been on maintenance for about 5 months now, eating 1500-1600 calories, less than 25gm of carbs and about 60-65% fats. For the last 3 weeks, my calories have dropped to 1100-1200 calories, less than 20gm carbs and 71% fat. Yes, I'm still maintaining and not losing. The water weight doesn't count. It went on overnight and it went off...sort of...overnight.

Now that I've had a respite from the whole 'losing weight' mentality, I think I'm ready to try and lose that last 20 lbs...but I'm not sure if that's unrealistic since I know that part of my weight involves all the excess skin from weighing as high as 330 lb. I've heard of people carrying anywhere from 20-40 lbs of excess skin.

I know weight is just a number, but part of me still looks at that 160 and thinks it's too much...even though I don't think I look bad at all at that weight (putting aside the excess skin problem). I've been working out and am beginning to see the muscle definition in my arms, but since I've always had lots of muscle in my butt and legs (from carrying around all that weight) and am slowly losing some of that (no more weight to carry around), but not all since I make sure to do lower body weights so I don't lose all of it (love the muscle tone), I doubt any of that 160 is additional muscle.

I guess I'll stick to the 1200 or so for awhile since it's not a hardship and see what happens. If I'm lucky, I'll hit the lottery and can afford to have the excess skin removed.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu:

B: Egg Protein Shake w/MCT oil
L: Egg Protein Shake w/Flax oil
D: Baked Flounder w/side Salad
S: Boiled Eggs
Water: 130 oz
Exercise: 45c/30r

I'm leaving work early today to shop for the upcoming school session. My lunch bag is stocked with chopped eggs that I will finish before the trip...not looking forward to the big rush.

Happy Tuesday,
Karai
Old 07-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Just one thing - on the M/E fast, can the meat be put on the stovetop and fried or must it be baked in the oven? That's usually how I do my meatballs - put down some non-stick spray (though I could use butter to prevent sticking but want to stay 100% meat and eggs) on a skillet and fire it up.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

cook it how ever you like it.

Honestly, meat and egg has to be the lowest fuss WOE Ive ever come across. Want butter as your fat? Eat it! Prefer coconut oil? use it! Actually would rather lard? Go for it! Dont want any extra fat for cooking? No worries!

My only thing would be make sure you get enough fat. How you choose to get it is up to you.

Im pretty lucky, we have some land so rear our own and last week we had 3 sheep proccessed for the freezer. I told the butcher to NOT trim the fat and we've been cutting the excess off and rendering it for cooking. I have NEVER has 4kg of dripping in my fridge in my whole life

OMGosh, the meals Ive been cooking lately have been to DIE for. DH said the other night "if it turns out you're wrong and all this fat will kill us, I will die a happy, contented man"
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I told the butcher to NOT trim the fat and we've been cutting the excess off and rendering it for cooking. I have NEVER has 4kg of dripping in my fridge in my whole life

OMGosh, the meals Ive been cooking lately have been to DIE for. DH said the other night "if it turns out you're wrong and all this fat will kill us, I will die a happy, contented man"
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

All

LOL LIL! Ya makin him and yourself happy. Lil, I put pyslly husk in mine too, along with dry parmesean and onion powder and it works great. Also savory spices and these make great crepes/wraps, fill with stuff and even freeze my wraps back, for later meals. Tried yours, good ones. Mae

Aura, you're welcome glad you liked the casserole! It's good for lunch, dinner or breakfast.

Good Eve , Karai good menu. Have fun shopping.

Great going Aomiel. I'm with ya on the lotto!

Biggy Fat, cook how you want to; just not too greasy if that bothers you.

Tashydoll: Do the same (quoting you). I just use a general multi-vitamin and often I will also take magnesium. BUT I also take vitamin c and D, and works to help too.

to all your successes, you wonderful people. Happy LCing your way. Off to bed. Hugs. take care and hi/night to anyone else not mentioned. mae
Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Hi Biggy, I prepare my meat with fats like olive oil, coconut oil, occasionally butter. I pretty much grill it. Bake it. Fry it. Broil it. Poach it. DH uses the smoker some times when we do a turkey breast. The fats add not only good flavor but helps keep my stomach satisfied...not hungry in the next couple of hours.

Hey Mae, thanks on the menu. I am adding more meats! I want to trick my body into not going into a semi-plateau. On the shopping...we got in and out before the crowd hit. I have a couple of items that I still need to get, but overall it was a good trip. I hope you are having a good day.

Menu:
B: Turkey Sausages cooked in CO + 2 fried eggs + decaf coffee
L: Pork Tenderloin w/zucchini
D: Pork-veggie 'pizza'
S: none
Water: 130 oz ( I am floating)
Exercise: 45 c/30 r

Happy Hump Day to everyone!

Karai
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Its the end of the month in NZ and so the end of this challenge. Can say I did anything amazing - two naughty weekends in a row will do that.

27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
14/7 138.4
17/7 138.2
1/8 138.4

total loss for the month= 1.8 pounds.
Closed Thread