Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Mae,
So M&E is just different from induction...how? I saw cauliflower 'rice' on one menu so it appears you're still eating vegies so I'm a bit confused. Thanks.
Hi Aomiel, some people still include some lc veggies into their M&E if their bodies can tolerate it and not gain. Predominantly though, the diet consists of just meat (with as little processing as possible), eggs, fat, and lots and lots of water. Hope that helps.

Morning my pretties...

I'm pumped and ready for the next few days of M&E.

Today's planned menu:
B: Coffee with CO and HWC, 2 x boiled eggs
L: 3 egg omlette with shredded chicken breast and ham cooked in CO
S: (If needed) Frozen iced coffee with HWC and stevia
D: Roast lamb with rosemary
S: (If needed) boiled egg(s)

Happy losing everyone...look forward to seeing your menus and progress.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
I had leftover "deviled egg" filling and wondered what to do with it (some of the eggs were broken and I didn't feel like having egg salad AGAIN) so I spread it on some ham slices (boiled ham from the deli) and rolled it up, then sliced it. They taste SO GOOD!! and are super filling :-)
Looks yummy! Definitely going to try...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Ok..thanks Tashy. Maybe that's why I'm on day 3 of my egg fast and haven't lost anything. Since January 1st, I've been consistently below 25gm carbs and then only from green, non-starchy vegies...usually baby spinach, romaine or field greens (for a salad) but occasionally green beans, broccoli, etc.

Sure would not have minded losing some of this excess fluid I'm holding though.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Looks yummy! Definitely going to try...
I so do this and with turkey too. Yummo. THanks sica and TD
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Mae - THANKS great ideas and recipes!!!

Using these as crepes/wraps, can you make ahead and store in fridge? Do they really work well? I think of an oopsie roll which often tears when folded. Must try....
Sicca, just put wax paper, or handi wrap between them, or cooking paper, and yeps they will freeze well, store for about a month to 6 weeks. Crepes and wraps is what I use them for, or quesedillas too. lol Thank you and yw.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok..thanks Tashy. Maybe that's why I'm on day 3 of my egg fast and haven't lost anything. Since January 1st, I've been consistently below 25gm carbs and then only from green, non-starchy vegies...usually baby spinach, romaine or field greens (for a salad) but occasionally green beans, broccoli, etc.

Sure would not have minded losing some of this excess fluid I'm holding though.
Hey Aomiel. Normally I do mostly M/E but I change it up here and there to make it not only more platable, but give my body other nourishments. When I do stillminish, lol, strict M/E combo, what I do is use light amount of butter, mayo, etc. The body and mind craves this occasionally. Tweak the egg diet up for you. Like one day use pepper and mustard on your eggs or meat. The next day use a little butter or mayo. Or just use other spices and Pam spray. You might find that doing it one day and not the next will help with the ME. It's been my steady not so secret now.

Let me be clearer. If the label say on Mayo says two tbsp, I just use a slight heaping tsp. This is more than enough to flavor say baked chicken breasts or I use half tsp on an egg and thigh, for instance. Not so much cause of the calories in mustard, which are practically nil, but because of the salt. It's not too bad, but when you cut out salt, cut down on the good fats like mayo and butter, it not only shocks your system, but it helps me to steadily lose the weight. I'm in it to go for the goal, so I'm finding ways that make the journey easier, and more able to stick with some thing I like doing, like LCing. My way of course, but I've done Atkins and Stillmans and other low carbing, now I have found what works for me. So what I do is break it up occasionally, like one week I might have some veggies sauteed (again easy on the sauteeing), where as the next week, I might allow my self some cheese or have higher fat that week. By sautee veggies, I'm talking about 3-pepper and onion blend, spinach or broccoli, 1 half to one fourth cup when I want some. It keeps butter and carbs down, but I so get the flavor I want.
I hardly won't eat veggies hardly any other way, except in a raw salad.
There will be weeks I will have salads and boiled eggs, or a few days of just eggs; it just depends on my mood, grins and what I'm aiming for, goal wise that week. But I've had better success doing this way, my own tweaks than following most other plans. However, I do use Stillman's and Atkins as guidelines. Sorry about the long post, but hope this helps. Mae

PS see my post in the Stillman's monthly. I posted some meal ideas there. Take care. Mae
Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Hi guys and gals! its so great to see such a lively M&E group! i have been lurking the board for years but have never clicked on "other" until just yesterday.

Here's a bit about me. I'm a 37 year old female from NB, Canada. I have a dh, 41, and 2 boys, 10 and 5. I am a SAHM right now and on disability with severe Crohn's disease and secondary complications.

I have always been a carb addict. On grocery day. when i was little, it was almost impossible to keep from eating my "treat of the week" in one sitting. i started getting chubby in grade 4. Grade 12 and through university I slimmed down (doing nothing in particular, just eating less). i was 118 and 5'2" . i thought i was fat then.

anyway, i put on my weight in 3 cycles really. Each one was a side effect of steroids for the crohn's.

so tired of being obese. My mom is a type 2 diabetic and i dont want that fate. my numbers and glucose challenge is great now so i want to keep it that way and not do any more damage.

Started LC June 20. I lose like a turtle and only M&E or fat fast puts me in deep ketosis. So, I am on day 2 and hope to last at least a few more to give myself a nice drop. I plan to transition back to LC and then back to M&E a few times a month until maintenance.

Sorry about the book I look forward to chatting with you all!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Weigh-In Result Time! Great job this round!

Previously, on NewestAtkinsFan's Weigh-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
. . .

Just went for a weigh-in and the results are not good. I have gained 3.8lbs in the past 5 days.

I'm looking back at my notebook to see just what happened this week to
So, this is where I stand now. I had planned to go back home and visit family, but i think I will hold off on all that until I drop the 3.8lbs. I am going to keep meat and eggs clean, and incorporate the jump rope as much as possible this week.

My next round of meat and eggs begins. . . NOW!! Next weigh-in is Thursday.

Well Thursday 7/25/13 is here and it was weigh-in day. What a BIG difference this time!

I am happy to say I LOST weight this week. . . I lost 6.4lbs.

According to my notebook where I write EVERYTHING down, that makes a combined loss of 8.2lbs for the month of July 2013. This is the biggest round 'whoosh' that I've had to date if i'm not mistaken.

What I did different this round compared to the last round where I gained:

1. All my exercise was strictly and only cardio. 2x out of these 5 days I did jump rope (no fancy jumps either, just the basic two-footed-basic bounce) and 2x I walked the local university (it's 2miles) so I'm def. sure cardio played a good part.

2. I did strictly eggs for a mini egg fast Tuesday and Wednesday. They say eggs are a diuretic and they may very well be b/c I've never visited the toilet so often in the past 48hrs. It def. helped me lose some stubborn water weight no doubt. LOL In truth, it is not a difficult fast, but it is not a FAST I could see myself on comfortably for more than 3-4 days. Just my humble opinion.

3. Warning: I do not want this reason/explanation to cause any debate, all I know is I did this before a few weeks prior, and I got better than average losses that week too. So I may keep doing it. I counted 0carb foods and products as 1carb in my daily allowance logs. It may sound silly, but this works for me. If a tiny egg, as innocent, and pure as it is has been classified as having 1carb (at least the eggs I buy), certainly anything that has 0carbs under its nutritional facts (HWC, Mayo, Mustard) must have at least a trace as well in large quantities. So, I mark it as 1carb. Again, this is just what I've started doing and it has attributed to better success for me it seems. Again, this is just what worked for me; just being honest about my documenting.

And that's it! Very content, Very happy. I'm going to head out of town for a few days, I hope I can stick to plan as best as possible, but if not...every grocery store in town sells eggs, so i'll be okay.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
NAF-- Great job!! Patience is key here.....By documenting everything you are doing you are giving yourself a great little manual to refer to in the future about what works for you.

Keep it up, you'll be fine out of town. Go to the deli at the grocery store and get some sliced meat to snack on, like turkey or roast beef, yum! And yes, they all sell eggs. You might even find pre-made egg salad at the deli counter in your travels!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
NAF- also any diner or place that serves all day breakfast can hook you up.

I don't know if these are a trigger but macadamias are suggested by Atkins for the fat fast.

Irving convenience stores all have 2packs of HB eggs in their ready made deli section.

You can do it!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
NAF- also any diner or place that serves all day breakfast can hook you up.

I don't know if these are a trigger but macadamias are suggested by Atkins for the fat fast.

Irving convenience stores all have 2packs of HB eggs in their ready made deli section.

You can do it!!!

Thanks, Natalia! You know, I appreciate your continued encouragement and support too. Thank you. You too, Jessica!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Hi All, here is a quickie post:

Menu
B: Decaf coffee+ egg mcmuffin w/o the mcmuffin
L: Egg protein shake
D: Cobb salad (M&E modified)
S: none--not too hungry
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30c/30r

Tomorrow is weigh day. Crossing my fingers that I've reached my 2nd goal.

Happy Thursday,
Karai
Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NAF that is awesome!!! Way to go

I think overestimating your carb intake is a good way to go, that way you aren't hit with any nasty little surprises that you may have miscalculated along the way because you have made allowances for them. Always good to err on the side of caution. Great job on the cardio, it really helps I find. I agree with you about the eggs too, I find I have much better losses when I have mostly eggs. And hey, let's face it, they are almost the perfect food as far as nutrition for an l/c diet goes and they keep you full. Great job.

Weighed in this morning after my first day back M&E and I'm down 2lbs This is the lowest weight I've been since May according to my journal and I'm pretty happy. I realise that it is mostly water weight, but all I can say is "who cares!!?"... the scales moved. Downwards.

Planned menu for today
B: Coffee with hwc & CO, 1 x boiled egg
S: Black coffee with stevia
L: 2 x boiled eggs mashed with a little mayo, 4 thin slices of ham
D: Leftover roast lamb, maybe with a little horseradish or mustard.
S: (If needed) boiled eggs or decaf coffee with hwc & stevia

Have a great day everyone...happy losing to you all.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hi guys and gals! its so great to see such a lively M&E group! i have been lurking the board for years but have never clicked on "other" until just yesterday.

Here's a bit about me. I'm a 37 year old female from NB, Canada. I have a dh, 41, and 2 boys, 10 and 5. I am a SAHM right now and on disability with severe Crohn's disease and secondary complications.

I have always been a carb addict. On grocery day. when i was little, it was almost impossible to keep from eating my "treat of the week" in one sitting. i started getting chubby in grade 4. Grade 12 and through university I slimmed down (doing nothing in particular, just eating less). i was 118 and 5'2" . i thought i was fat then.

anyway, i put on my weight in 3 cycles really. Each one was a side effect of steroids for the crohn's.

so tired of being obese. My mom is a type 2 diabetic and i dont want that fate. my numbers and glucose challenge is great now so i want to keep it that way and not do any more damage.

Started LC June 20. I lose like a turtle and only M&E or fat fast puts me in deep ketosis. So, I am on day 2 and hope to last at least a few more to give myself a nice drop. I plan to transition back to LC and then back to M&E a few times a month until maintenance.

Sorry about the book I look forward to chatting with you all!
Hi Natalia

Glad you could join us here. Hopefully everyone's stories, successes, menus, slip-ups and frustrations here will give you guidance and motivation the same way they do for me.

Good luck....
Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Just finished day 4 on my Egg Fast. I'm doing only eggs but I *love* them. As of this morning I haven't lost anything...including the couple pounds of excess fluid I'm carrying for some reason. I'd hoped for the diuretic effect especially given that I've cut out added salt, including my beloved bacon, but so far...nada. Oh well...I'm keeping it up until Saturday morning and then going back to my regular low carb for the family reunion...although I'm going to have to take my own food since my carb happy family is bringing 4 different potato dishes, junk munchies, desserts out the wazoo and even the main dishes are carb laden.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Wow Tashy and Nag, can I join in the loser line up?

137.3!

Im on phone. When I get on the computer, I'll post the full results list. Not a great month, but not too shabby either
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Natalia!

LilB - Thanks for outlining your way of eating. It makes sense to me, and I think I could do something similar. You'll have to give your pumpkin recipe when you get a free minute.

Naf, great job on the weight loss!

Tashy, don't want to leave you out--happy for your weight loss, too.

Karai, you've had such good menus, I'd be really surprised if you didn't see a weight loss tomorrow--good luck!

I'm almost back to where I was before the wedding--half a pound to go. Unfortunately I went out for a quick meal at Wendy's with my SIL, and I wasn't thinking and ordered the spicy chicken salad--argh! I should have just had a bunless burger. Anyway, at least I didn't eat the croutons, but was not happy to find out when I got home that the salad was still at 20 carbs minus the fiber and croutons. I think I need to get past this idea that eating out equals eating something that feels more like a treat--not that a salad is exactly a treat, but something different that I thought wouldn't be so bad carb-wise. I'm finding that most full size salads start at around 9 carbs at the very least.

Sigh. But tomorrow is a new day.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Oh, and congrats on your weight loss, too, LilB!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Previously, on NewestAtkinsFan's Weigh-In

Well Thursday 7/25/13 is here and it was weigh-in day. What a BIG difference this time!

According to my notebook where I write EVERYTHING down, that makes a combined loss of 8.2lbs for the month of July 2013. This is the biggest round 'whoosh' that I've had to date if i'm not mistaken.

What I did different this round compared to the last round where I gained:

1. All my exercise was strictly and only cardio. 2x out of these 5 days I did jump rope (no fancy jumps either, just the basic two-footed-basic bounce) and 2x I walked the local university (it's 2miles) so I'm def. sure cardio played a good part.

2. I did strictly eggs for a mini egg fast Tuesday and Wednesday. They say eggs are a diuretic and they may very well be b/c I've never visited the toilet so often in the past 48hrs. It def. helped me lose some stubborn water weight no doubt. LOL In truth, it is not a difficult fast, but it is not a FAST I could see myself on comfortably for more than 3-4 days. Just my humble opinion.

3. Warning: I do not want this reason/explanation to cause any debate, all I know is I did this before a few weeks prior, and I got better than average losses that week too. So I may keep doing it. I counted 0carb foods and products as 1carb in my daily allowance logs. It may sound silly, but this works for me. If a tiny egg, as innocent, and pure as it is has been classified as having 1carb (at least the eggs I buy), certainly anything that has 0carbs under its nutritional facts (HWC, Mayo, Mustard) must have at least a trace as well in large quantities. So, I mark it as 1carb. Again, this is just what I've started doing and it has attributed to better success for me it seems. Again, this is just what worked for me; just being honest about my documenting.

And that's it! Very content, Very happy. I'm going to head out of town for a few days, I hope I can stick to plan as best as possible, but if not...every grocery store in town sells eggs, so i'll be okay.

Proud of you Naf, you're going to do well. Keep up the great work. Mae
Old 07-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just finished day 4 on my Egg Fast. I'm doing only eggs but I *love* them. As of this morning I haven't lost anything...including the couple pounds of excess fluid I'm carrying for some reason. I'd hoped for the diuretic effect especially given that I've cut out added salt, including my beloved bacon, but so far...nada. Oh well...I'm keeping it up until Saturday morning and then going back to my regular low carb for the family reunion...although I'm going to have to take my own food since my carb happy family is bringing 4 different potato dishes, junk munchies, desserts out the wazoo and even the main dishes are carb laden.
Hi Melody/Aomiel. Are you drinking enough water on the Egg Fast? Proud of you for keeping it up. You might even try breaking it up slightly, say with a tiny bit of fat like butter or mayo. The whoosh will come.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Hi All, great going

[QUOTE=tashydoll;16531056]NAF that is awesome!!! Way to go

TASHY: WTG, good menu!
Karai! Good going to you too! On the Egg Drop soup, it's basically any spices and some minced or onion powder in Beef or Chicken low sodium broth. A little butter if you like and some Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for about 20 minutes and then drop in eggs, stir with a fork or whisk for few seconds, remove from heat. Can be frozen for later use too, with or without the egg. Go you on the weight loss, also

Planned menu for today
B: Coffee with hwc & CO, 1 x boiled egg
S: Black coffee with stevia
L: 2 x boiled eggs mashed with a little mayo, 4 thin slices of ham
D: Leftover roast lamb, maybe with a little horseradish or mustard.
S: (If needed) boiled eggs or decaf coffee with hwc & stevia

Good going to Lil, Tashy, Naf and everyone on your amazing results and not giving up, no matter what you've been through. You all deserve great things.

HI to everyone else, welcome newbies (Natalia).
Aura, you'll do good, we're here for ya! Do basic salad, or go where they can make it how you want it. Sometimes you just gotta, we all understand.

Take care all and have a fantastic upcoming weekend. Mae
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Day 5 of egg fast...no weight loss at all.

Mae,
Yes, I always drink at least 64 fl oz every day, but have been pushing more trying to get rid of the water I'm holding. I've been doing it as tea since tea usually acts as a diuretic. Here's what I've been eating every day:

B: 3 eggs scrambled in 10 grams butter
L: 3 eggs deviled with 2 Tbs mayo
D: 3 eggs scrambled in 10 grams butter

I'm coming in at about 1050 calories, 74% fat and 24% protein. I watch my protein carefully since it can effect my blood sugar but I'm usually closer to 30%.

While I'm ready for my meal when it rolls around, I just have no urge to eat.

Normally I eat about 1500-1600 calories just to maintain my current weight with fats at 60-65% and protein at 30%. My carbs are *always* below 25, although in the last month they've been below 20. With this egg fast, almost nonexistent.

Today is my last day on the eggs as we're heading out of town for a reunion. For the weekend I'll go back to my usual low carb of eggs for breakfast, chef's salad for lunch and some sort of protein and vegie for dinner and won't weigh myself again until Monday. It'd be nice if there was a 'whoosh' but I'm not counting on it. Nor will I be disappointed. It was a nice experiment, and not a hardship since I love eggs, but a failure.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Hi Natalia, and welcome!

Mae, oh thanks so much for the egg drop soup recipe! I will make some tonight as a treat. It looks tasty and very easy to make. Plus, I can experiment on DH. He is my taste tester, and luvs eating new dishes. I'll let you know how it goes.

Melanie, your plan looks really good. I'd just keeping hanging in there. Eventually, you will see a whoosh. I like drinking tea too...green and herbal. I bought a bunch of teas from The Republic of Tea. They are a wonderful treat...especially with CO or HWC. Happy reunion, this weekend.

Aruralgirl, thanks. I am trying to keep my menus simple but interesting enough to keep me on the wagon. I can relate about the 'eating out' thing. Honestly, at this point, I don't feel ready to venture off my simple eating path. Maybe in another week, or so I will try sitting down and eating in a restaurant...so far, I feel safe ordering one item and transforming it to low carb. Let's hang in there, I know we can do this.

Congrats to everyone who had W-losses!

Here is today's menu:
B: M&E Breakfast Bowl w/Decaf Coffee
L: Side Salad w/Grilled Chicken
D: Grilled Steak topped with Egg Whites fried in CO
S: Herbal Tea w/HWC
Exercise: None (day off)

The whoosh fairy visited me this morning with a 5.7 lb loss! Okay, that is beyond awesome and amazing! The extra workouts and increased fats really helped. I reached my 2nd goal. Since late June I am down ~ 25 lbs. I am one happy M&E'er. On to next week...I think I will stay the course, but have more meats and fats. I bet after this big loss, my body will be re-balancing itself.

Karai

Last edited by Karai; 07-26-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Natalia, and welcome!

Mae, oh thanks so much for the egg drop soup recipe! I will make some tonight as a treat. It looks tasty and very easy to make. Plus, I can experiment on DH. He is my taste tester, and luvs eating new dishes. I'll let you know how it goes.

Melanie, your plan looks really good. I'd just keeping hanging in there. Eventually, you will see a whoosh. I like drinking tea too...green and herbal. I bought a bunch of teas from The Republic of Tea. They are a wonderful treat...especially with CO or HWC. Happy reunion, this weekend.

Aruralgirl, thanks. I am trying to keep my menus simple but interesting enough to keep me on the wagon. I can relate about the 'eating out' thing. Honestly, at this point, I don't feel ready to venture off my simple eating path. Maybe in another week, or so I will try sitting down and eating in a restaurant...so far, I feel safe ordering one item and transforming it to low carb. Let's hang in there, I know we can do this.

Congrats to everyone who had W-losses!

Here is today's menu:
B: M&E Breakfast Bowl w/Decaf Coffee
L: Side Salad w/Grilled Chicken
D: Grilled Steak topped with Egg Whites fried in CO
S: Herbal Tea w/HWC
Exercise: None (day off)

The whoosh fairy visited me this morning with a 5.7 lb loss! Okay, that is beyond awesome and amazing! The extra workouts and increased fats really helped. I reached my 2nd goal. Since late June I am down ~ 25 lbs. I am one happy M&E'er. On to next week...I think I will stay the course, but have more meats and fats. I bet after this big loss, my body will be re-balancing itself.

Karai
WTG Karai
Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Karai that is awesome...well done!

I weighed this morning and am down by 0.9lbs. I'm a very happy camper as it feels like I have broken through a bit of a barrier. I'm having a break for 2 days from M&E and back to normal l/c and then back to M&E for another 2 days. I've done cycling before but not 2 days on and 2 days off so I'm going to give it a try. I find if I stay on M&E too long I'm tempted to cheat (with veggies/salad) and feel nauseated at the thought of eating and therefore tend to go a bit low in cals and into 'starvation' mode (not good). So my total loss for 2 days has been 2.9lbs

See you all again on Monday and I'll have at it again...

Happy losing all.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
Hello all. Been browsing this site while doing my research on this whole low carb thing. I do think meat and eggs is the diet I wanna do first. Just a question - would yall stay strictly on this diet for a long while (like months) if you had a lot of fat to lose like I do?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day 5 of egg fast...no weight loss at all.

Mae,
Yes, I always drink at least 64 fl oz every day, but have been pushing more trying to get rid of the water I'm holding. I've been doing it as tea since tea usually acts as a diuretic. Here's what I've been eating every day:

B: 3 eggs scrambled in 10 grams butter
L: 3 eggs deviled with 2 Tbs mayo
D: 3 eggs scrambled in 10 grams butter

I'm coming in at about 1050 calories, 74% fat and 24% protein. I watch my protein carefully since it can effect my blood sugar but I'm usually closer to 30%.

While I'm ready for my meal when it rolls around, I just have no urge to eat.

Normally I eat about 1500-1600 calories just to maintain my current weight with fats at 60-65% and protein at 30%. My carbs are *always* below 25, although in the last month they've been below 20. With this egg fast, almost nonexistent.

Today is my last day on the eggs as we're heading out of town for a reunion. For the weekend I'll go back to my usual low carb of eggs for breakfast, chef's salad for lunch and some sort of protein and vegie for dinner and won't weigh myself again until Monday. It'd be nice if there was a 'whoosh' but I'm not counting on it. Nor will I be disappointed. It was a nice experiment, and not a hardship since I love eggs, but a failure.
Never consider it a failure. You tried an experiment, it didn't work for you but not a failure. Try not to be sad. Your menu looked good. Perhaps if you tried a meat and egg one, it might work better for you. Do you minimize your salt and condiments like mayo and butter? You might try alternating high and low carb, cycling. Also, sometimes a piece of cheese with a boiled egg or make a smash bowl of eggs, cheese and a little meat will help that whoosh. Hope you had a good trip. Mae
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Karai that is awesome...well done!

I weighed this morning and am down by 0.9lbs. I'm a very happy camper as it feels like I have broken through a bit of a barrier. I'm having a break for 2 days from M&E and back to normal l/c and then back to M&E for another 2 days. I've done cycling before but not 2 days on and 2 days off so I'm going to give it a try. I find if I stay on M&E too long I'm tempted to cheat (with veggies/salad) and feel nauseated at the thought of eating and therefore tend to go a bit low in cals and into 'starvation' mode (not good). So my total loss for 2 days has been 2.9lbs

See you all again on Monday and I'll have at it again...

Happy losing all.
Karai, Tashy Woot woot on the weight loss. Everyone here is doing great, small or medium or large weight losses. Proud of you all. Terry hope you liked the soup. Tweak it for you and DH. Take care all.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Fat View Post
Hello all. Been browsing this site while doing my research on this whole low carb thing. I do think meat and eggs is the diet I wanna do first. Just a question - would yall stay strictly on this diet for a long while (like months) if you had a lot of fat to lose like I do?
Hi, welcome

It's a personal choice and some people stay on it for a long period of time depending on their goals. Make sure you drink loads and loads of water, include some fat in your diet, try to do strict M&E until you find out what works, try to keep salt to a minimum and I would suggest a good multivitamin to keep you going. It also helps to post your menus here and then people are able to give you some advice if you want it.

Plenty of people here to help you with any questions you have too. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Karai, Tashy Woot woot on the weight loss. Everyone here is doing great, small or medium or large weight losses. Proud of you all. Terry hope you liked the soup. Tweak it for you and DH. Take care all.
Thanks Mae
Closed Thread