Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Happy Birthday Mae!!

Its DD16's birthday on Saturday and she wants a low carb cake and low carb dinner, that is also treat like. Its going to be interesting

I need to make some cheese cake muffins, I've just bought some orange essence, so I'll give it a crack.

I never did M&E this weekend - not properly. between the bourbon retention and the cauliflower and bacon bake I made last night..... ah well. next weekend is just around the corner!
Thanks, LIL! Darn who can pass up a Bourbon Bacon Bake! ps, ADD SOME of that to your cheese cake muffins. slurp. bad aren't I.
maepowers is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Just went for a weigh-in and the results are not good. I have gained 3.8lbs in the past 5 days.

It's frustrating b/c 5 days ago when I weighed myself, I had lost 5.6lbs.

I'm going to believe what many people have echoed in these threads that half of this weight (3.8lbs in my case) is water weight, so I've gained 1.9lbs-- in theory anyway.


I'm looking back at my notebook to see just what happened this week to possibly cause such a gain rather than a loss. Feel free to comment on any if you wish. These are the things that popped into my mind/I saw:

1) I did more strength training than cardio/aerobics this week. With the rain everyday, it made it hard to go outside and do stuff. On the 2 days I did get in a workout these 5 days, they were strength training circuits. They say muscle weighs more than fat. . . could that be it?

2) I wasn't doing it 100% clean. I already know that this had to play a part in the gains so no need to comment on this one. LOL It wasn't just meat and eggs. On the first day I had 4oz of orange juice, just b/c I hadn't had juice in months. . . a serving of cheese melt at 2 different meals on Monday.... I had jello (and it wasn't sugar free) on Tuesday, Thursday instead of 20-carbs I recorded that in truth I had 43-carbs (that's over 2 days worth for me). I also dipped into the Peanut Butter Jar Friday and Saturday.

3) I was introduced to bulletproof broth this week. I read about it somewhere and I had about 4 servings (2 on Friday, and 2 on Saturday). I know broth has sodium... is that causing me to retain water? Should I say "NO" to the bulletproof broth?


***.* ,what I weighed-in at this morning is almost as high as ***.* the weight I was when I first bought my scale and weighed myself for the very first time this month. But I look leaner/skinnier, at least to me I do. Is that weird? You know, to weigh a certain amount just like you have in the past but to look way better/leaner/trimmer/skinnier?

So, this is where I stand now. I had planned to go back home and visit family, but i think I will hold off on all that until I drop the 3.8lbs. I am going to keep meat and eggs clean, and incorporate the jump rope as much as possible this week.

My next round of meat and eggs begins. . . NOW!! Next weigh-in is Thursday.
Hey NAF: we all have off weeks or days. You get back up and you'll be fine. I think it is a combo of everything and your body wacked out a little. You'll have a whoosh again. (hmm, think I'll write a book and call it Whooshed, lol).
Remember, your body wdight fluctuates daily; and that also goes weekly. It could be you were under stress or duress; your body and chemsitry might just needed shaking up or it said hold on I'm gonna tweak myself. Even when we do it right, it's possible we can gain. So don't stress it, tweak it. Alternate the exercises or drop one for a few days. Drink extra water, it will flush it back in to behaving . No kidding. Using your journal/diary helped you. you'll see, it will work itself out of you. Take care; you'll be fine. Mae
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mae-west View Post
Is there a regular thread for meat and egg? I would like to be able to follow it and/or join challenges, since this is one of the few w.o.e that does not involve dairy, which I MUST eliminate right now (and probably for months to come).

*edit: I have been doing a fat fast based on these recipes Link removed by moderator. Please see the TOS: Terms of Service - Policy Modification and from the fat fast cookbook, but I just cannot do the coffee with cream anymore- it just kills my stomach, even though it is awesome for weight loss. I have been eating a baked cottage cheese invention with lots of eggs and heavy cream, and it is not as harsh on the tummy, but I really need to stop dairy.
Mae-West. This is the right place to be, and what NAF mentioned.
I know people who are sensitive to dairy also; so maybe M/E will help you then. We're here to root for you. Glad the cottage cheese is helping you. Mae Powers
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks Terri and Mae for the weight loss kudos! And, a belated happy birthday to you Mae!

Welcome Mae-west!

Good Morning to Everyone. My weekend was okay. I overdosed a bit on fried onion rings (plain pork rinds as the breading), but otherwise everything was pretty cool.

Mae, I like your idea of prepping several dishes ahead of time. Do you dedicate a day out of the week to do batch cooking?

Here is today's menu:
S: Herb Tea w/CO
B: Veggie Cocktail
S: Tuna Deviled Eggs
L: Egg Protein Shake
S: Herb Tea w/CO
D: Pork Chops cooked in CO + Egg white omelet
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio/30 minutes resistance

I've been doing some reading on ketosis. The M&E fast is a quick way to get into ketosis where your body uses fat for energy via reducing carb intake. It is a very interesting subject that I plan to do more research on.

Happy Monday,
Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Thanks Terri and Mae for the weight loss kudos! And, a belated happy birthday to you Mae!

Welcome Mae-west!

Good Morning to Everyone. My weekend was okay. I overdosed a bit on fried onion rings (plain pork rinds as the breading), but otherwise everything was pretty cool.

Mae, I like your idea of prepping several dishes ahead of time. Do you dedicate a day out of the week to do batch cooking?

Here is today's menu:
S: Herb Tea w/CO
B: Veggie Cocktail
S: Tuna Deviled Eggs
L: Egg Protein Shake
S: Herb Tea w/CO
D: Pork Chops cooked in CO + Egg white omelet
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio/30 minutes resistance

I've been doing some reading on ketosis. The M&E fast is a quick way to get into ketosis where your body uses fat for energy via reducing carb intake. It is a very interesting subject that I plan to do more research on.

Happy Monday,
Karai
You're welcome Karai~ and thanks for the belated Bday wish. all are welcome, lol. And I love onion rings too

Yes, I do spend some time during the week or weekend prepping or making things ahead of time; especially when the mood hits, lol. You don't have to do it all at once. For instance, say you make you a quiche or a hamburger casserole. Portion out for yourself some to put back and freeze it once it gets to room temp. If you did this several times a week, you would have days you would not have to cook.

These meals, if sealed in good containers will last for months in the freezer. Thaw a little and reheat when ready. Not that I don't like to cook, but don't want to spend the whole day or a few hours or even an hour every day cooking. lol. and constant clean up is a bore. I'm not married to my kitchen ya know. You can bake several chicken breasts at once, in the oven with slight spices. Take one out from freezer and just slice it up or shred it, then reheat in a skillet with a little bit of butter, awesome taste and different too. I do try to plan out a few things so that the cooking and prepping doesn't take so long.

Another thing I do that helps keep me on track: I noticed you do egg white omelets too. I will divide whites from yolks sometimes, the day before I know I want an egg white omelet, and put them in small plastic containers. These are good for up to three days. Then when I get ready to eat the omelet, I will sautee some veggies (this can be done ahead of time too); ones like spinach, onions, 3-pepper blend (frozen food section in store), either in butter or oil. When golden brown I scoop them out and put with the beaten egg white and then put that back in the skillet and swirl slightly, give it time to set and flip and tasty omelet. As for the egg yolks, just put some spices, a little HWC some cheese and scramble them. This also stretches eggs and you're still getting the benefits of both parts of the egg. I don't like egg white scramble, but an omelet with salsa over it is yummy. Go fig. Hope all this helps. Have a fantastic week. Mae

PS, Your menu sounds good Karai, hadn't had deviled tuna eggs in awhile. DO you cook, or count calories. Oh and there's lots of info here on ketosis, but I don't worry about it much or use the sticks.

Last edited by maepowers; 07-22-2013 at 06:57 AM..
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Menus & Meals, How often do you M/E a week?

Mae, I like your idea of prepping several dishes ahead of time. Do you dedicate a day out of the week to do batch cooking?

Here is today's menu:
S: Herb Tea w/CO
B: Veggie Cocktail
S: Tuna Deviled Eggs
L: Egg Protein Shake
S: Herb Tea w/CO
D: Pork Chops cooked in CO + Egg white omelet
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes cardio/30 minutes resistance

Hey again to all. Sorry for all the posts, meant to just do several replies in one post. How often and how long is everyone M/E ing a month?
I'm starting up a 7-10 day challenge for myself, if any one wants to join me this coming Wednesday. Easy carbs today and tomorrow to get off the birthday pounds, lol. By my stats you can see that I do mix up M/E, with other Low Carb plans, tweaking them to suit my tastes and help improve my weight loss. It's easy to get tired I know of just meat and eggs, but there are so many ways you can do them. Then break it up with say a piece of watermelon (4oz) or a small salad or a casserole dish or a quiche. It's all low carb and gives variety. The first part of the challenge I'm doing strict M/E (might call it Strict Stillman's even). Hence why I'm making things up ahead of time. Would love everyone's ideas on this whether you do the challenge or not. Menus, what you do to make it easier on yourself, what helps you to stick to meal plans; daily or weekly,etc. And we can keep it all here in this thread if you like. Let me know.

Karai, wanted to mention that not only do I do some prep for weekly meals, I have some put back for the month like I think I mentioned for the casserole dishes. (All kinds of recipes here and on the net. find one you like, tweak it if you like. I try to recall where I got mine, but half the time I don't jot it down, but getting better, lol. Some I make up myself.) What have you found for yourself that makes you lose weight faster and still safe? Or what do you do that helps making you stick to it easier? Take care and everyone have a wonderful week! Mae, who will slacken the typing jaws for a bit. PS. If anyone wants my meal ideas posted, let me know.

Last edited by maepowers; 07-22-2013 at 07:12 AM..
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Edited...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Karai, wanted to mention that not only do I do some prep for weekly meals, I have some put back for the month like I think I mentioned for the casserole dishes. (All kinds of recipes here and on the net. find one you like, tweak it if you like. I try to recall where I got mine, but half the time I don't jot it down, but getting better, lol. Some I make up myself.) What have you found for yourself that makes you lose weight faster and still safe? Or what do you do that helps making you stick to it easier? Take care and everyone have a wonderful week! Mae, who will slacken the typing jaws for a bit. PS. If anyone wants my meal ideas posted, let me know.
I used to do LC lasagna casserole. My family loved it, but I haven't ventured beyond the simple yet. I may make up some this weekend.

I have found CO helps alot with losing weight. It makes me feel satisfied longer. Plus, don't tell anyone, but I love the taste of fat. CO is great stuff. I've been reading in another forum about MCT, a liquid version of coconut oil. Not sure about trying it, will do more research.

My cholesterol numbers help me to stay focused. Plus, I am tired of being overweight. I am really tired of it. LC helps me to stick to it. I want to experience long life and length of days for myself and my family. The less carbs I eat, the more in control I feel. I don't feel like my body is high-jacking my will when I do LC.

Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
You're welcome Karai~ and thanks for the belated Bday wish. all are welcome, lol. And I love onion rings too

Yes, I do spend some time during the week or weekend prepping or making things ahead of time; especially when the mood hits, lol. You don't have to do it all at once. For instance, say you make you a quiche or a hamburger casserole. Portion out for yourself some to put back and freeze it once it gets to room temp. If you did this several times a week, you would have days you would not have to cook.

These meals, if sealed in good containers will last for months in the freezer. Thaw a little and reheat when ready. Not that I don't like to cook, but don't want to spend the whole day or a few hours or even an hour every day cooking. lol. and constant clean up is a bore. I'm not married to my kitchen ya know. You can bake several chicken breasts at once, in the oven with slight spices. Take one out from freezer and just slice it up or shred it, then reheat in a skillet with a little bit of butter, awesome taste and different too. I do try to plan out a few things so that the cooking and prepping doesn't take so long.

Another thing I do that helps keep me on track: I noticed you do egg white omelets too. I will divide whites from yolks sometimes, the day before I know I want an egg white omelet, and put them in small plastic containers. These are good for up to three days. Then when I get ready to eat the omelet, I will sautee some veggies (this can be done ahead of time too); ones like spinach, onions, 3-pepper blend (frozen food section in store), either in butter or oil. When golden brown I scoop them out and put with the beaten egg white and then put that back in the skillet and swirl slightly, give it time to set and flip and tasty omelet. As for the egg yolks, just put some spices, a little HWC some cheese and scramble them. This also stretches eggs and you're still getting the benefits of both parts of the egg. I don't like egg white scramble, but an omelet with salsa over it is yummy. Go fig. Hope all this helps. Have a fantastic week. Mae

PS, Your menu sounds good Karai, hadn't had deviled tuna eggs in awhile. DO you cook, or count calories. Oh and there's lots of info here on ketosis, but I don't worry about it much or use the sticks.
Mae, thanks for the tips! I will definitely start my batch cooking beyond the deviled eggs. I do a dozen of those every weekend. They last me the entire week. I haven't progressed to batching meals. Great idea, tho'! It definitely would save time for when I need to get something on the table quick, and not blow my plan.

Now, that I am getting my energy back from LC'bing, my enthusiasm for cooking is returning also. I typically prepare enough for the family to last the next day for lunches. My crockpot and pressure cooker have been my best friend. One-pot meals have been the staple, lately. No complaints so far. Ya know I can put both to use for batching meals. Do you have one of those vacuum sealer things?

I don't count calories. Sorry, but I have always hated to count calories. I can count carbs and sugars without a hitch, but never calories. Not a calorie counter at all.

Love the egg ideas too. Everything was very helpful. On the ketosis, yeah there is alot of info out there. I read about the stix too. Don't know about going that far either... But, I definitely want my body to eat as much fat off of these bones as is possible. I've read about people being safely in ketosis for years.

Mae, thanks again.

Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Edited
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
PS. If anyone wants my meal ideas posted, let me know.
Mae, I missed this one...yes, please post your meal ideas. I would love to see them.

Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Recipes, Menus, & Meals, Oh My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Edited


Mae, I missed this one...yes, please post your meal ideas. I would love to see them.

Karai
again, Karai (pretty name that). I love deviled eggs too, meant to say in earlier post, but they don't last a week in this household. lol. My kids aren't low carbers, but they love deviled eggs and meat, so deviled eggs never last long here. snickers.

*Today I only had 2 cups coffee with creamer for breakfast, a third of a breast for lunch, 1 more cup of coffee for a snack (don't do coffee often, but for a treat day mostly.) And then for dinner another piece of the chicken, small hamburger patty and 1 boiled egg sliced. Smeared one half tsp of mayo on all of it, just enough for flavor, and a tiny squirt of mustard. 2 small pickle slices and a dash of pepper. Tea and water. Anyway, as to meal ideas/menus, here's a few. I do portion control too, don't like counting calories either! Counting Carbs is enough, didn't post here but they are all between 1-3 carbs.

Karai, these are some I froze back and have planned out for my 10 week challenge (which I'm doing for myself. The first ten days is mostly meat and eggs, bare-needed condiments like dinner above, if desired.)

Egg drop or egg/chicken soup. Can make base ahead of time and freeze back, then add egg when ready to cook/reheat.
Hard Boiled egg w/cheese stick (1 oz), piece of meat.
1-Egg white omelet with steakuum/veggies. (I separate the egg yolks and whites the night before in two separate bowls with lids, then cook the meat and veggies (sauteed in butter usually) ahead of time or next day. One will be an egg yolk scramble, whites are always an omelet).
Egg yolks scramble with cheese, spices & or meat.
Meat & Cheese wraps (reheat, & w/one egg if desired. I make a batch of crepes then fill with what I want, fold, let them cool then wrap them in plastic wrap or wax paper and put them in a freezer bag, labeled with date).
Poached eggs w/cream sauce or butter/pepper.
Cheeseburger or other casserole. I can make and then divide into freezer bags or bowls (yes, do have the vaccuum sealer thingy, lol)
Cordon Bleu with Deviled Eggs (or each alone). Pounded chicken, roll up ham or turkey inside, with or without cheese, freeze for later.
Cottage Cheese salad (with meat, eggs or cheese or combo.).
Fried Egg with hamburger, possible cheese.
Scrambled eggs w/salsa, with or w/o meat.
Meat, egg, cheese plate, easy condiments.
Sautéed veggies with meat and/or eggs cooked to taste.
Meat & Boiled or Poached eggs, no condiments or cheese.
Any lean meats & HB egg (up to 6), eat enough to satiate, water. Can spice with pepper and/or cumin, baked or Pam-fried only.
--------------------------
These are other menu plans I made for myself after getting back into LCing: All Egg Menu
Breakfast: 1-2 boiled eggs w/mustard, mayo & tumeric only.
Lunch: Warm garlic-buttered eggs with pepper & cheese.
Dinner: Poached eggs with cream sauce.
Snack: Deviled Eggs.
----------------------------
Hamburger-Egg Menu (Use same menu, alternate turkey or sausage)
Each meal: 1-2 Hamburger patties with mayo/mustard, optional pickles; half slice of cheese on each piece of meat, 1-2 eggs cooked any way, for all meals.
----------------------
Tuna or Egg-Bacon Salad Menu (Sub bacon & shredded cheese for tuna)
Make up large batch of Tuna Salad (mayo, spices, pickles, eggs). Munch on throughout the day. Use cheese crisps or pork rinds for dipping in.
----------------------
Egg-Meat-Cheese Menu
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs in butter, easy cheese with pepper/onion blend.
Lunch: Cream sauce w/bacon over poached eggs, optional chicken breast.
Dinner & Snack: Egg & meat tray w/cheese, cubes, crackers, pickles, mayo.
-----------------------

Fat - Protein Meal in a Cup
2-4 strips of bacon (or other cooked meat), 1-2 oz cream cheese(or other kind), 1-2 TBSPs H/H; Optional egg, mayo and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper or turmeric if desired. Blend ingredients in a small bowl. Make up several 1-cup servings for rest of day.

--------------------------
Cream Sauce: 1-2 oz. each: H/H, Parmesan, cream cheese; Salt/Pepper/Garlic to taste. Melt the cream cheese in a pan, slowly add H/H then Parmesan & spices. Stir until thick.

Oven Chicken: CK Breast with lemon pepper and baked at 350 til crispy.
---------------------------
Oopsie Roll Sandwich: Meat, sliced Monterrey Jack cheese melted on top.
----------------------
Cheeseburger Casserole (This is a variation on a recipe I got on Linda Sue's site)
1/2 lb ground beef, 1/3 c chopped onion, 2 eggs, 1/2 c mayo, bacon bits
1/4 c cream, 6 oz shredded cheddar, salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Beat eggs and mix in mayo, cream, cheese and seasoning. Put beef mixture in sprayed pie pan, pour in custard. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Let stand 10 min before cutting. Serves 3 @ 3 carbs.
-------------------------
Meat cakes) (5-6) (A variation of one I found I think in another forum.)
2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (or other kind of meat), 1/4 cup pork rind crumbs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup onions, chopped, 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional spices.

Mix all and form into patties. Heat oil in pan, then coat each pattie with crushed pork rinds. Cook til outside crisp, turn and cook til other side is crisp. Serves 2 @ 2 carbs,

Mae's Savory Beef or Pork Steak Tips
2 lbs of meat cut up into cubes, Baste in oil flavored butter, add some Worcestershire sauce. Put meat in gallon bag. Mixed spices like chili powder, onion powder, garlic, pepper, turmeric, Italian, savory sw, etc.; toss in bag and coat meat. Let marinate at least half an hour. Bake in oven at 275 degrees to begin with for 30-40 minutes. Check meat and stir in its own juices after half an hour. Turn oven up to 300 degrees and finish baking. Check every 15 minutes or so and baste in their juices. Meat is done when they fall apart or get toasty dark brown. Serve alone or with sauce or gravy.
---------------------------
Pancakes: 2 yolks + 1-2 eggs, 3 oz cream cheese, dash of cinnamon & vanilla flavoring. Mix all with hand blender or whisk until no blumps then cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes first side, flip for an additional minute. Can make thinner to use for wraps or crepes. Add whatever sweetener you want in batter or LC jelly or syrup if you wish. Can also make savory.
------------------------
PS: Some of the recipes are my own, some are from various sites, which in first getting back into LCing I was nidjet and forgot to put down where I got them from (months and months ago) so apologies to the original authors/cooks, but most were tweaked to suit my tastes. I now do keep record of where I get recipes. Some are my own from intense reading and blending of ideas. Lots of ideas from the recipes in this forum, go see the delicious stuff. Yum to you all and happy LCing your way.
--------------------------
Hope these help. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-22-2013 at 04:53 PM..
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 778
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
wow, Mae! No wonder you have such great losses each week/each time you weigh-in. I really like the variety you have going on with your menus. That's what I struggle with... variety. If i knew how to 'jazz' the menu up like you do yours there's no telling the success I could have with Meat&Eggs. Kudos to you, and thanks for the great ideas!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
wow, Mae! No wonder you have such great losses each week/each time you weigh-in. I really like the variety you have going on with your menus. That's what I struggle with... variety. If i knew how to 'jazz' the menu up like you do yours there's no telling the success I could have with Meat&Eggs. Kudos to you, and thanks for the great ideas!
TY too and you're quite welcome. I'm trying hard. Hey, here to help if you like. Don't know what you like or what's in your repertoire, but would be glad to help you make you up some menus for yourself, or meal ideas. Just let me know.
You're doing pretty good too. Hoping to lose just under 240 by end of July. Aiming to be under 200 by first week of Oct, that's my 10 week challenge to myself. I'll be using the menus and stuff I posted earlier. Take care.
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
wow, Mae! No wonder you have such great losses each week/each time you weigh-in. I really like the variety you have going on with your menus. That's what I struggle with... variety. If i knew how to 'jazz' the menu up like you do yours there's no telling the success I could have with Meat&Eggs. Kudos to you, and thanks for the great ideas!
NAF, ty very much for quoting me in your journal. Sweet of you. I believe in you, you do the same and we are here for ya, ol boy.
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,573
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Nice menu ideas Mae, Thanks.

So what's the plan for your challenge? Strict M&E?
TerriMM is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Karai Mae. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! I saved this one into my archives, and printed it for upcoming meals. Wow! you are teeming with great variety in LC meals. I can see how a person could make LC a WOL with so many options here. I tend to get bored after LC'bing for awhile. These meal ideas will help me stay on track and give me something to look forward to as I move to another rung on the journey.

My guys are meat eaters, tepid on the deviled eggs (but will eat them if no lunch/cooked meat is available). This morning my deviled eggs sat neatly in the fridge undisturbed. This was a happy sight, of course, the turkey breast was pulled apart from overnight sandwich-making. I try to keep a cooked turkey breast or deli turkey breast on-hand for snacking.

I see you use a lot of cumin. Is it spicy or more earthy in its flavor? I definitely will start spicing up my simple dishes and stretch them into other meals.

Would you share your recipe for the egg drop soup? I would love to try HM egg drop soup. Plus, I could use it as a filler snack!!

I definitely can see prepping and freezing batches for quick meals. Super idea!!

Mae, again thank you for the excellent post! Moderators, can you make Mae's post a sticky?

Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Here is today's menu:

S: Herbal Tea w/CO
B: Egg Protein Shake w / tsp coconut milk
L: Egg Protein Shake w/tsp coconut milk
S: 2 Deviled Eggs
D: 'Taco' Salad (ground beef w/salsa+shredded cheese+green chilies on shredded lettuce)
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30c/30r

Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered some MCT oil to use in my shakes/cocktails or atop of meat/veggies. MCT is the fat found in CO."As a dietary supplement, take 1 tablespoon 1 to 3 times daily. MCT Oil can also be used as a substitute for conventional oils in salad dressings, sauces or cooking as a source of beneficial fatty acids"--from vendor's site.

I think the egg protein shakes and veggie cocktails are making me lazy. They are easy and satisfying go-to's during the week tho'. On the weekend, I don't do them, instead I sub meat dishes which makes me It feel like I having a real treat!

Karai
Karai is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member
 
Sicca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Mae - THANKS great ideas and recipes!!!

Quote:
Pancakes: 2 yolks + 1-2 eggs, 3 oz cream cheese, dash of cinnamon & vanilla flavoring. Mix all with hand blender or whisk until no blumps then cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes first side, flip for an additional minute. Can make thinner to use for wraps or crepes. Add whatever sweetener you want in batter or LC jelly or syrup if you wish. Can also make savory.
Using these as crepes/wraps, can you make ahead and store in fridge? Do they really work well? I think of an oopsie roll which often tears when folded. Must try....
Sicca is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 389
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Good morning my favourite people on the internet!

Just revving up my motivation by reading your current progress/menus/stories etc. Back on board tomorrow for a few days after taking a few weeks off M&E; I'm looking forward to it

NAF: You can do this... you really can! It's so good to look back at your journal and see where you succeed or slip up; I find this really helps me too (and I make sure I'm brutally honest in recording my information even when I don't want to be!!) Good to see you just jumping back on the horse and starting afresh buddy!!

Hi to all the people I haven't seen before Will see you all again tomorrow.

Happy losing everyone...
__________________
Natasha
"To thine own self be true" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare.
tashydoll is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A farm in Missouri
Posts: 203
Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Mae, thanks for the great recipes and meal ideas. I'll be trying some of these soon!

Naf, I so understand the lure of the peanut butter jar! My fave is Peter Pan creamy peanut butter, but, sadly, we are taking a break from one another for a while!

Tashy, glad you're back! Could you (or someone) explain what primal is--is it like paleo?

Right now I am considering trying to do roughly 13 meals per week M & E. The other meals would be regular induction. The reason I'm thinking of doing this is because DH and I eat about 8 meals together a week because of his work schedule (and we both do our own breakfast) and he's just doing low carb. Also, my huge garden is starting to really produce some veggies, and I want to take advantage of that. And I brought in a handful of peaches from the tree today, with many, many more to come--most of which will go into the freezer.

Has anybody done something along these lines with M & E? Did it work or fail?
Aruralgirl is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 778
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Naf, I so understand the lure of the peanut butter jar! My fave is Peter Pan creamy peanut butter, but, sadly, we are taking a break from one another for a while!
That is my favorite kind too. It's in the cabinet now as we speak. But I'm being good. I'm going to get through these last two days of M&E and maybe, maybe, I'll indulge in a tablespoon or 2 as a reward. Not to mention I've got a batch of those cream cheese 'cheesecake' muffins that need to be eaten as well.

Everything in moderation I suppose.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 389
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Tashy, glad you're back! Could you (or someone) explain what primal is--is it like paleo?
Thanks Rural Girl

Yep I certainly can explain the difference:
Paleo: Core beliefs are "No gluten-containing grains, no legumes, no-lactose or casein (cheese/yogurt/milk), no sugar". Basically eating whole foods; meat, fruit, vegetables, eggs with no sugar, grains, legumes or dairy. There is also more leniency towards artificial/natural-based sweeteners than primal and they are generally considered ok, as long as it isn't actual sugar.

Primal: An adaptation of the Paleo diet (Mark Sisson book: The Primal Blueprint) that focuses on carbohydrates and toxins. Primal allows for considerably more leeway in regards to dairy, some "safe" grain and other starches, and even fermented legumes. There is a difference in the consumption of fat, which allows for more fat than Paleo; mostly butter, CO, and higher egg consumption. Primal prefers that you don't use the sweeteners if possible as they have no nutritional benefit.

Hope that helps

Last edited by tashydoll; 07-23-2013 at 05:25 PM..
tashydoll is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 778
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
. . .

NAF: You can do this... you really can! It's so good to look back at your journal and see where you succeed or slip up; I find this really helps me too (and I make sure I'm brutally honest in recording my information even when I don't want to be!!) Good to see you just jumping back on the horse and starting afresh buddy!! ...

Thanks, Tashy! I owe a lot of my progress and current success to the kind advice and words of encouragement from you, Mae, and others right here on this thread. Thank you all!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 389
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Thanks, Tashy! I owe a lot of my progress and current success to the kind advice and words of encouragement from you, Mae, and others right here on this thread. Thank you all!
You are so welcome Sometimes the difference between success/failure or giving up/keeping up is a little encouragement and support.... I am happy that you feel I've helped
tashydoll is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post

Right now I am considering trying to do roughly 13 meals per week M & E. The other meals would be regular induction. The reason I'm thinking of doing this is because DH and I eat about 8 meals together a week because of his work schedule (and we both do our own breakfast) and he's just doing low carb. Also, my huge garden is starting to really produce some veggies, and I want to take advantage of that. And I brought in a handful of peaches from the tree today, with many, many more to come--most of which will go into the freezer.

Has anybody done something along these lines with M & E? Did it work or fail?
On a normal week I do M&E Fri-Mon, OWL on Tuesday and Induction wed-thurs. However I am thinking of switching some days around because more and more, Friday night is becoming a socialising night and its getting difficult to stick to it. Tuesday is OWL because its my 'treat' day - so pancakes for breakfast, or pumpkin pie bake with homemade yogurt, and I have lots of veges for dinner, followed by dessert.
lilbeetle is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 438
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Here is today's menu:

S: Herbal Tea w/ CO
B: Egg Protein Shake w/coconut milk
L: Chicken smothered in mushroom gravy and cauliflower 'rice'
D: Egg Fritata
S: Herbal Tea s/CO
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30c/30r

My favorite pants no longer make my thighs feel like they are in straight jackets! The funny thing is that DH indirectly suggested that it was time to buy some new gear. Now, THAT IS progress!

Hey Tashydoll!

Happy Wednesday,
Karai

Last edited by Karai; 07-24-2013 at 05:57 AM..
Karai is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 914
Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all.
Today's menu:
B - fish, 1 T mayo
L - roast beef, salad, boiled egg
D - fish or chicken
boiled eggs if snacks are needed
Lots of water
Congrats all of the losers and hope everyone has a great day.
Hope
hopetolose is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Karai Mae. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! I saved this one into my archives, and printed it for upcoming meals. Wow! you are teeming with great variety in LC meals. I can see how a person could make LC a WOL with so many options here. I tend to get bored after LC'bing for awhile. These meal ideas will help me stay on track and give me something to look forward to as I move to another rung on the journey.

My guys are meat eaters, tepid on the deviled eggs (but will eat them if no lunch/cooked meat is available). This morning my deviled eggs sat neatly in the fridge undisturbed. This was a happy sight, of course, the turkey breast was pulled apart from overnight sandwich-making. I try to keep a cooked turkey breast or deli turkey breast on-hand for snacking.

I see you use a lot of cumin. Is it spicy or more earthy in its flavor? I definitely will start spicing up my simple dishes and stretch them into other meals.

Would you share your recipe for the egg drop soup? I would love to try HM egg drop soup. Plus, I could use it as a filler snack!!

I definitely can see prepping and freezing batches for quick meals. Super idea!!

Mae, again thank you for the excellent post! Moderators, can you make Mae's post a sticky?

Karai
Thank you Karai, Naf, Terri and Everyone! I appreciate the compliments and more. Karai, yes I'll post my egg drop soup recipe later today, not on my computer or home right now. I got yours and NAF's emails and answered. Terri, I'll let you know in a later post tonight. Take care all Mae
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 476
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
You are so welcome Sometimes the difference between success/failure or giving up/keeping up is a little encouragement and support.... I am happy that you feel I've helped
TASH, couldn't have put it better myself!! Kudos to you all. Mae
Hey to LIL, good on ME/menu. You too hope. Ok need to run, will yabber
at you all later tonight when I get home. Library computer here. Hugs. laters
maepowers is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!
 
Aomiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,520
Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Mae,
So M&E is just different from induction...how? I saw cauliflower 'rice' on one menu so it appears you're still eating vegies so I'm a bit confused. Thanks.
Aomiel is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member
 
Sicca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Great m&e snack I stumbled upon in my creative thought process.....



I had leftover "deviled egg" filling and wondered what to do with it (some of the eggs were broken and I didn't feel like having egg salad AGAIN) so I spread it on some ham slices (boiled ham from the deli) and rolled it up, then sliced it. They taste SO GOOD!! and are super filling :-)
Sicca is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.