Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all.
I am back and going to do this very strict with the exception of my small salad which I have to have every day because of my meds.
B - 2 eggs
L - 3 oz roast beef & small salad with 1 T mayo
D - 3 oz turkey
will have eggs for snacks if needed
am drinking lots of water
Am exercising 2 times - 30 minute intervals plus walking around in the yard watering all of my plants, garden and flowers.

Like you said, Karai, I think I need to keep things pretty simple, too, until I really get to going on this and be encouraged with my losses. I hope anyway!!
Have a great day.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Good morning to all.
I am back and going to do this very strict with the exception of my small salad which I have to have every day because of my meds.
B - 2 eggs
D - 3 oz turkey
Am exercising 2 times - 30 minute intervals plus walking around in the yard watering all of my plants, garden and flowers.

Like you said, Karai, I think I need to keep things pretty simple, too, until I really get to going on this and be encouraged with my losses. I hope anyway!!
Have a great day.
Hi Hopetolose, wb. And, yes simple is easy for now. I have a veggie with least one meal. I'm not strictly M&E at this point, but I plan to look at things at the end of the month to see where to go from here.

I hope you keep cool while doing your gardening.. I plan to water my plants some time this evening. I'm counting that as exercise too.

Karai
Old 07-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Guts tough
Stats: 230/205/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 22 2013
Hello. I'm new. :)

Hi all,
I have been lurking....started M/E 4 days ago and went from 204.7 and today I'm 201.7 I have been on induction Atkins for about 2.5 months lost about 27 pounds fast and easy hit a mini stall and M/E broke it.
I'm in my late 30's and have 3 sons ages 9 to 14. Lost baby weight from Atkins kept it off went through a horrible divorce about 2 years ago gained 80 pounds in that time . . Now I am ready to get myself together, lose weight, get active with my sons and just enjoy life!
I need support and found out of most of the boards this one is really supportive.
So HELLO ALL.

I am looking for the ratio calculator that gives you the percentages of carbs protein and fat that you have already eaten and I can't find it anywhere I'm sooo frustrated. Google keeps showing me calculators on how to find your right percentages for height. Grrrrrrrrr

Have a great day
Marie
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi Gutstough, welcome to M&E!

Its friday in NZ so I am back on m&e. breakfast was my normal 2 eggs fried in butter. Im going to the supermarket shortly to see if I can find some more of those yummy hogget ribs.

Yanno if it wasnt for trhe fact that I actually like salad and pudding, I would M&E all the time. its fast, easy cooking and it tastes so good!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Welcome GT

Google calorie tracker
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Welcome GT

Google calorie tracker
Hi Terri,
So I did that and the one I'm looking for didn't come up or I didn't see it. So for example yesterday I ate;

Calories: 1815
Fat: 155
Carb: 16
protein: 84

I'm just looking for my % ratio's and can't find out how.

Since I'm posting ill post my weight and menu;
7/15 204
7/16 203
7/17 201.9
7/18 201.7

B: a sugarfree cinnamon dolce latte with hwc. Venti
L: 1/2 pound of hamburger with 4 eggs tiny bit of salsa and 2 tablespoons of con carne sour cream, 1 tablespoon of CO.
D: chicken breast strips with taco seasoning and sour cream.

Last edited by Guts tough; 07-18-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lilbeetle,
Thanks for the welcome! I love all the different smiley choices I will probably go crazy using them at first. lol
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay try googling "Free weight loss and diet journal" and see if that helps.

I believe:
Fat = 9 x 155 = 1395 / 1815 = 77%
Carbs = 4 x 16 = 64 / 1815 = 4%
Protein = 4 x 84 = 336 / 1815 = 19%
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

I goggled multiple ratio calculator to get the page I use.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Marie, and welcome to M&E. This is the place to be to get weight loss moving. Congrats on losing the pounds. Good things are ahead for you!

Here is today's menu:
S: Decaf coffee w/CO and cream
B: Egg protein shake
L: Grilled chicken sandwich (minus the bun)
D: Egg salad w/lots of lettuce
Snacks: Deviled eggs--prepped them last night.
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: 30 minutes resistance training and 15 minutes cardio

This morning I weighed in at 243 lbs (rounded). Only one pound from my 2nd goal! That makes a total loss of 19 lbs since late June. No complaints, but I will kick it up a notch by making some changes next week. Adding more good fats to meals and doing more cardio training will help me get to goals #2 and #3 by the end of August.

Happy Friday and weekend to everyone.

Karai
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Marie, and welcome to M&E. This is the place to be to get weight loss moving. Congrats on losing the pounds. Good things are ahead for you!

Here is today's menu:

This morning I weighed in at 243 lbs (rounded). Only one pound from my 2nd goal! That makes a total loss of 19 lbs since late June. No complaints, but I will kick it up a notch by making some changes next week. Adding more good fats to meals and doing more cardio training will help me get to goals #2 and #3 by the end of August.

Karai
Wow WTG Karai!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Meat and Eggers.

Dh and I were kidless last night so I had a few bourbons and coke zero - not a 'traditional' part of the M&E fast

So I am up a wee bit, or as DH just put it, I'm retaining a little bourbon

So no clean M&E this weekend. Ah well. Hope everyone else has much more success!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
So I am up a wee bit, or as DH just put it, I'm retaining a little bourbon
Totally using that one!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Guts Tough - Glad to have you with us!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Good morning to all.
B - 2 eggs
D - 3 oz turkey

Have a great day.

GOod for you Hope to lose! Great menu. You can do this. rooting for ya. MP
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Totally using that one!
Hilarious, Lil. So gonna copy Terri@copying you. SNickers/lol.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post

Here is today's menu:

Karai
To the new people, love to have you all.
Karai, congrats on the loss! You and I are about the same weight!
Tomorow's my Bday so gonna have all LC, but some goodies on the list, like a cheese burger on an oopsie roll. Oopsie roll french toast, and then some beef tips too with grilled onions. A little carby on some but not real high. So tasty and will be even better, my daughter's cooking it all and spoiling me. lol. What a day of fun it will be. Then she's even doing something better, she's making sure I stick to my own self-challenge I'm gonna do this coming Sunday, and then go through the 21st through 30 th. I've got ten days of LC food prepared, in freezer mostly, cooked and prepped, meats, LC casseroles and such. So this will be a great challenge and with a good variety, something different but on the plan. Gonna weigh on Sunday and then again on the 31st to see how it goes. Most all will be under 10-15 carbs and between 1100-1400 cals. I think I'll make my 8-10 lb goal for the 31st weigh in. Wish me luck. It's a mix LC/Stillman's/Atkins/M&E, my way.
Hope every one has a great LC and weight loss and happy weekend.Mae
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Guts Tough - Glad to have you with us!
Hi Arura, hope all is well with you.
Welcome Gutsy & Marie. Great LCing/ ME to all of you. Won't post again b4 Sunday or Monday so everyone have a stupendously ME/LC weekend. Keep on losing and thanks for all the support, right back at you all. Mae
Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning everyone.
Thank you for the encouragement and congrats to all of the losers. I know we can do this.
Hope all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mae! Hope you have a great time!!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
. . . Naf, glad you tried the jello. I'm going to make some tomorrow. As to the cream cheese muffins, I did the one with 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sweetener (I use a combination of 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup of Truvia), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of orange extract (my addition). I use my mixer to make the batter smooth, then divide into the muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. . .

Rural girl, thank you so, so much for your recipe! I do not know if it was just your recipe itself or the fact that I used Truvia (which i really do like), but these turned out great. And hence, I am praising you both! I've stated several times before, it seems the only thing dessert-wise I can make decently seems to be jello, but no I can add your cream cheese muffins to the list as well.

I may have to buy a muffin tin with more than 6 cups though. I made 12 and plugging in my numbers for me they turned out to be 9 carbs per muffin. There's nothing too terribly bad about that, but I'm not used to eating that many carbs per meal since going Ongoing-Induction and Meat&Egg.

Tomorrow is day 5 of this round of M&E for me and I'm apprehensive about tomorrow's weigh-in. I'll be sure to share all my thoughts and whatnot tomorrow once I get the results.

Happy LCing and M&Eing everyone!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Mae - Hope you had a great day!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Naf - Those cream cheese muffins are amazing, aren't they? I can't take credit for it, though. I found the thread in the recipe forum and only added orange extract and tweaked sweetener. About a baking dish, I have also just buttered a pie plate and baked the batter in that. Only, for me, it's better to have those individual muffin portions rather than take a slice from the pie plate. . . For me, it's motivating to have a small treat, and it keeps the menu more interesting.

Everybody, have a great M & E Sunday. I will be joining back in the M & E fun on Monday.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday Mae!!

Its DD16's birthday on Saturday and she wants a low carb cake and low carb dinner, that is also treat like. Its going to be interesting

I need to make some cheese cake muffins, I've just bought some orange essence, so I'll give it a crack.

I never did M&E this weekend - not properly. between the bourbon retention and the cauliflower and bacon bake I made last night..... ah well. next weekend is just around the corner!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Just went for a weigh-in and the results are not good. I have gained 3.8lbs in the past 5 days.

It's frustrating b/c 5 days ago when I weighed myself, I had lost 5.6lbs.

I'm going to believe what many people have echoed in these threads that half of this weight (3.8lbs in my case) is water weight, so I've gained 1.9lbs-- in theory anyway.

I'm looking back at my notebook to see just what happened this week to possibly cause such a gain rather than a loss. Feel free to comment on any if you wish. These are the things that popped into my mind/I saw:

1) I did more strength training than cardio/aerobics this week. With the rain everyday, it made it hard to go outside and do stuff. On the 2 days I did get in a workout these 5 days, they were strength training circuits. They say muscle weighs more than fat. . . could that be it?

2) I wasn't doing it 100% clean. I already know that this had to play a part in the gains so no need to comment on this one. LOL It wasn't just meat and eggs. On the first day I had 4oz of orange juice, just b/c I hadn't had juice in months. . . a serving of cheese melt at 2 different meals on Monday.... I had jello (and it wasn't sugar free) on Tuesday, Thursday instead of 20-carbs I recorded that in truth I had 43-carbs (that's over 2 days worth for me). I also dipped into the Peanut Butter Jar Friday and Saturday.

3) I was introduced to bulletproof broth this week. I read about it somewhere and I had about 4 servings (2 on Friday, and 2 on Saturday). I know broth has sodium... is that causing me to retain water? Should I say "NO" to the bulletproof broth?

***.* ,what I weighed-in at this morning is almost as high as ***.* the weight I was when I first bought my scale and weighed myself for the very first time this month. But I look leaner/skinnier, at least to me I do. Is that weird? You know, to weigh a certain amount just like you have in the past but to look way better/leaner/trimmer/skinnier?

So, this is where I stand now. I had planned to go back home and visit family, but i think I will hold off on all that until I drop the 3.8lbs. I am going to keep meat and eggs clean, and incorporate the jump rope as much as possible this week.

My next round of meat and eggs begins. . . NOW!! Next weigh-in is Thursday.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Id say it is almost all water. I was a bad girl this.weekend and I gain 3 pounde. I forsee a close relationship with the toilet this week as I behave and pee it out.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Id say it is almost all water. I was a bad girl this.weekend and I gain 3 pounde. I forsee a close relationship with the toilet this week as I behave and pee it out.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mae-west
Stats: 215.6
WOE: Fat Fast/ meat and egg
Start Date: July 21, 2013
Is there a regular thread for meat and egg? I would like to be able to follow it and/or join challenges, since this is one of the few w.o.e that does not involve dairy, which I MUST eliminate right now (and probably for months to come).

*edit: I have been doing a fat fast based on these recipes Link removed by moderator. Please see the TOS: Terms of Service - Policy Modification and from the fat fast cookbook, but I just cannot do the coffee with cream anymore- it just kills my stomach, even though it is awesome for weight loss. I have been eating a baked cottage cheese invention with lots of eggs and heavy cream, and it is not as harsh on the tummy, but I really need to stop dairy.

Last edited by mae-west; 07-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: explanation of sorts
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae-west View Post
Is there a regular thread for meat and egg? I would like to be able to follow it and/or join challenges, since this is one of the few w.o.e that does not involve dairy, which I MUST eliminate right now (and probably for months to come).

Hi Mae-West and Welcome!
Several of us bounce from this thread and the 'original' Meat&Egg Fast. You can find it here: Meat and egg fast anyone? There (as well as here) you will find tons of stories, questions, celebrations, etc. Lots of good stuff! Again, welcome!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mae! Hope you have a great time!!
THanks, Terri! I had a fantastic weekend, without too much over-carbing, lol. and what I ate, I had no guilts over. Hope you are doing well and had a fantastic weekend too!! Mae
Closed Thread