Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
You'll have to send me your recipe for Chocolate brownies, love 'em gooey.
Hmm, since you dont like artificial sweetners, you may not like this. I use splenda. I weighed up all the pros and cons of all the sweetners and I am currently growing my own stevia which I will use once I have a supply. its just for now, splenda is better for me than sugar is, and since I only have a sweet one night a week, I am ok with it.

Lil's Gooey coconut flour brownie

220gm butter
2c splenda or equiv.
1T vanilla
5 eggs
2T sour cream
3T coconut flour (heaped)
1C cocoa (the richer, the better)
1/2t salt
1/2t BP

Melt butter, blend in wet, then dry ingrediants. Pour into lined, greased tin. Bake 180C for 30 mins. Let cool. Brownie will be somewhat undone in middle. For a less gooey one bake 10 mins longer but be aware coconut flour dries out rapidly.

12 serves to keep the carbs down, but I usually get 6

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
. . . I've really, really missed my cream cheese muffins, so I have two for later. Still keeps me under 20 carbs, and it's my only cheese for today. . .

Rural Girl, what's your cream cheese muffin recipe? I've tried several different 'cream cheese/mini cheesecake' recipes and they all have left much to the imagination of my taste buds.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
Quote:
Sunny, you are so talented. Speaking and boiling eggs as you type that message here in the thread.
yes I am, LOL----an old saying----now days its as I type...)
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Ok I'm in for M&E the next 3 days :-) Only exceptions are the SF vanilla cream in my morning coffee, and the cream I used to make the orange jello "creamsicle" recipe (and a few small condiments)

todays menu:
1 egg 1 pc of ham scramb together with a little butter
can of chicken plus mayo and dill relish
egg salad (snack)
steak fried with butter, garlic and herbs
1/2 cup sf jello with cream

after coffee this morning it's water water water (raspberry seltzer tonight) then more water, should be easy to drink plenty as it's supposed to be like 90 degrees today

starting today at 140.4 not exactly the number I wanted to see but had to look so I know where I am at before m&e.

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Ok I'm in for M&E the next 3 days :-) Only exceptions are the SF vanilla cream in my morning coffee, and the cream I used to make the orange jello "creamsicle" recipe (and a few small condiments) . . .

Sicca, how did the creamsicle turn out? Something you can see yourself making again soon? I gave the cherry ones I made a happy home (my tummy) and felt bad seeing the empty cocktail glasses so I made more; this time lime. BUT unfortunately, the jello I got/the only kind available was regular... 18g per serving 72 carbs per box! I think I've divided it enough that it comes out to 9-10carbs per serving for me. Needless to say the 20 minute jump rope workouts are mandatory each day I plan to eat one. hehe
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

7/15/2013 Menu

B- 2 bacon strips, 2 sausage patties, 1 egg and bulletproof coffee (finally 'created' one my tastebuds can tolerate; thank you Truvia )
L- skinless chicken
D- more chicken or a ground beef patty
Snack- BPC or Hormel pepperoni slices

The only carbs are coming from the Truvia packets (3g) and eggs (I count eggs as 1 based on the Nutrition Facts on the carton; I know some people will argue eggs barely have a trace or should be counted as 0 but for my own comfort I count it as 1.)
Old 07-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Quote:
Wisteria. You're accounted now. . Hope your son had a goog bday. Weight loss varies with what you put in to it. It varies with each person's unique body structure. There are differences between M/E and Stillman's, read the past posts in June thread or the Stillman's main one to get an idea. Stillman's is stricter than Atkins, and M/E is often thought to be just MEAT/EGGs only, and often is. Some add a little fat or cheese or something to help them get through it better. It's all in your perspective and how you make it yours. Good luck to you. Mae
Thank you Maepowers for the info,i'll be sticking with the meat&eggs plus the addition of good fats till the end of the month.Hoping to lose 10 lbs.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Hmm, since you dont like artificial sweetners, you may not like this. I use splenda. I weighed up all the pros and cons of all the sweetners and I am currently growing my own stevia which I will use once I have a supply. its just for now, splenda is better for me than sugar is, and since I only have a sweet one night a week, I am ok with it.

Lil's Gooey coconut flour brownie

220gm butter
2c splenda or equiv.
1T vanilla
5 eggs
2T sour cream
3T coconut flour (heaped)
1C cocoa (the richer, the better)
1/2t salt
1/2t BP

Melt butter, blend in wet, then dry ingrediants. Pour into lined, greased tin. Bake 180C for 30 mins. Let cool. Brownie will be somewhat undone in middle. For a less gooey one bake 10 mins longer but be aware coconut flour dries out rapidly.

12 serves to keep the carbs down, but I usually get 6
We'll I'll try it, haven't used splenda in years so guess can't hurt. TY very much. They sound yummo.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Thank you Maepowers for the info,i'll be sticking with the meat&eggs plus the addition of good fats till the end of the month.Hoping to lose 10 lbs.
Good for you and I'll be rooting for you. Have a grand week.!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
I'm back after my daughter's wedding on Sunday--like Beth, I've become a MIL. GASP! Anyway, I am doing induction this week, as DH is home on staycation. But I'm eager to get back to M & E next Monday. I'll keep popping in to read the posts, though.

Naf, glad you tried the jello. I'm going to make some tomorrow. As to the cream cheese muffins, I did the one with 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sweetener (I use a combination of 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup of Truvia), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of orange extract (my addition). I use my mixer to make the batter smooth, then divide into the muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Lil, so glad you are feeling better!

Mae, I know what you mean--sometimes it's hard to find the BBQ flavored pork rinds. Lately my Walmart has been stocking them again.

Sicca, did you like the jello?

BTW, on 13 days of M & E, I dropped 4 pounds. Considering that I'm 47, I'm happy with that.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

LOVED the jello!!! Making it again - probably tomorrow!! LOL. My first day of m&e went well except for two things, I ate a cup of the jello as I split the entire bowl with my son. Not as pretty as in goblets, but tastes awesome.....the creamy layer is to DIE for...YUMMY!!!

before after

Second problem of the day - I had several glasses of wine and I hadn't intended on having ANY alcohol - UGH!! Damn these hot summer nights :-)

todays m&e menu about the same:
BRK - 1 egg, 1 pc ham scram together
LCH - tuna with mayo, dill relish, and mustard
SNK - egg salad rolled up in turkey slices- Mmmmmmmm
DNR - grilled curry chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
No dessert tonight, but I am making deviled eggs tonight (to have for tomorrow) so if I get hungry later I will likely snack on a couple of those as back up

I did great on my water yesterday, up until the cold glass of wine at 6pm. Today my goal is to get through m&e with no hiccups and NOT have any alcohol.

weight this morning -1.4 at 139.0

Last edited by Sicca; 07-16-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Karai,
Well today I had a bit of a bump. I didn't mention the Szechwan Pork for lunch. So I'm looking for the water weight whoosh fairy to visit me too.

Would you mind posting you mayo recipe? I got a stick blender for Christmas and I'm ready to give it another try. We won't speak of the first attempt.
Hi Terri, here is the recipe:

This makes a few servings.

1 Lg egg white and 1/2 of the yolk
1/2 Cup virgin olive oil
1/4 Teaspoon salt (add more if you like salt)
1/4 Teaspoon dry mustard
3 Teaspoons lemon juice

In a small bowl or cup, add the egg yolk, egg white, lemon juice, salt, mustard and oil. Gently mix until the egg yolk settles to the bottom of
the container.

This is a quick one minute process.
I use an immersion blender. Blend mixture in the container. Slowly pulse
the ingredients until the mayo begins to form at the bottom. Move the blender gently up and down to finish. Next, scrape the mayo into a container and cover it tightly. Mine usually can last for about a week. But, I finish it off way before a week. You can also substitute flavored oils for the olive oil to vary the tastes.

Enjoy,
Karai
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
{edited} Kari, Try a mix of Olive and Canola oil together; also, good menu too and adding veggies here and there helps. I'm doing salads for lunch this week. Let me know how yours goes.
Mae, thanks for the tip. I am finding that the veggies keep me full longer and regular. Also, I am finding that the more water I drink, the easier this WOE is for me. I used to stay hungry before, but now I need to actually remind myself to eat. Now, that is funny! My stomach has even started to growl! I haven't experienced true signs of needing to feed my body for years. I just ate because the clock said to, or ate just to eat. You know that expression, "Living to eat"... Now, when my stomach growls, I eat or drink my allotted snacks, and am satisfied.

Karai
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

NAF, the jello looks awesome. I also love Linda's site. It is so well organized and detailed. Luv it. Hey, I plan to try the jello recipe as a weekend treat!

Karai
Old 07-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Menus:

Sunday and Monday (7/14-15/13)
B: Egg Protein Shake
L: Egg Protein Shake
D: Lean Ground Beef sauteed with peppers, broth, tomatoes and topped w/LF cheese and shredded lettuce! YUM
Snacks: Herbal Tea w/CO; Devil Eggs
Water: 128 ounces <-----finally up to a gallon!
Exercise 30 minute elliptical

Tuesday (7/16/13)
S: Decaf Coffee w/cream
B: Veggie Cocktail (Beets/Kale/Carrots/Lemon)
L: Ham and Egg cup 'cakes'
D: Turkey breast injected with marinade and slathered with hm mayo
Snacks: Green Tea w/CO
Water 128 ounces
Exercise 30 minutes treadmill

Down 4.1 lbs!! I am enjoying the whoosh fairy. Keep coming...

Welcome to the group, Sunny and Wisteria!

Sicca, do you make the raspberry seltzer, or can it be bought at the
store?

Aruralgirl, congrats on the weight loss! Nothing like results to keep you motivated.

'Glad you are feeling better, LilBeetle.

Beth, the pork rinds sound like a good way to kick-up flavoring on meat a notch or two.

Karai
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

-5.6lbs in 5 days!!!!

Just weighed myself and I have lost 5.6lbs in 5 days.

Thank you Dr. Atkins, Atkins on-going Induction and Meat and Eggs, and of course Mr. JumpRope!!

Notes: This week I mainly did boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and eggs. There were a few non-M&E meals (creamsicle jello) but still a good loss.

I've reached a new low in my weight AND if this kind of loss continues I will def meet my first goal by the end of July!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Just weighed myself and I have lost 5.6lbs in 5 days.

Thank you Dr. Atkins, Atkins on-going Induction and Meat and Eggs, and of course Mr. JumpRope!!

Notes: This week I mainly did boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and eggs. There were a few non-M&E meals (creamsicle jello) but still a good loss.

I've reached a new low in my weight AND if this kind of loss continues I will def meet my first goal by the end of July!!!!
GREAT JOB!! That is fantastic!! Hey I consider Jello a meat still...LOL....
Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Karai-- I buy the raspberry seltzer, it's cheaper than soda even. I actually HATED seltzer years ago, there was no way I could see myself drinking it. Now for some reason I LOVE it and I don't even want soda anymore.

my Seltzer has to be really cold and really fresh and bubbly. Polar is my favorite brand and they make a TON of yummy flavors. Triple Berry is my favorite next to Lemon. Raspberry is nice on hot days.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
GREAT JOB!! That is fantastic!! Hey I consider Jello a meat still...LOL....
I may start considering Jello as a protein also. Seeing how I lost so well considering the fact that I consumed 4 goblets full during the course of those 5 days.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Terri, here is the recipe:

This makes a few servings.

1 Lg egg white and 1/2 of the yolk
1/2 Cup virgin olive oil
1/4 Teaspoon salt (add more if you like salt)
1/4 Teaspoon dry mustard
3 Teaspoons lemon juice

In a small bowl or cup, add the egg yolk, egg white, lemon juice, salt, mustard and oil. Gently mix until the egg yolk settles to the bottom of
the container.

This is a quick one minute process.
I use an immersion blender. Blend mixture in the container. Slowly pulse
the ingredients until the mayo begins to form at the bottom. Move the blender gently up and down to finish. Next, scrape the mayo into a container and cover it tightly. Mine usually can last for about a week. But, I finish it off way before a week. You can also substitute flavored oils for the olive oil to vary the tastes.

Enjoy,
Karai
Thanks Karai!!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
WTG Naf!

Sicca, ITA jello is a meat, look at what its made from

Thanx everyone for the healthy good wishes, I am cured

So another M&E weekend has past by and my new stats are:

27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
14/7 138.4
17/7 138.2

Not a big loss, but still on the slow and steady decline. I am not going to make my goal of 60kg, or 132 by 27 july, but never mind. My next goal is 125 by october. I wonder if I'll make that?

BTW, best M&E purchase for my weekend fast was hogget ribs. I cut them into individual ribs, and fried them. The fat was dripping off so much, I collected it for cooking with this week. A wee bit of tomato sauce and some salt and they were perfect as they were. The whole thing cost $3. For meat here, thats good!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

I am getting an early start today. Here is my menu:

S: Decaf coffee w/cream
B: Veggie cocktail
L: Egg protein shake
D: Smothered pork chops w/CO
Other Snacks: Deviled eggs/Green Tea w/CO
Water: 128 ounces
Exercise: None

My clothes are beginning to feel loose. I don't have that old bloated feeling anymore either.

Karai
*4 lbs from reaching goal #2*
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Karai--- whats in your veggie cocktail? Great news about loose clothes, that says way more than the scale :-)

lilbeetle --- Jello, yes! That's why I consider it a meat....Gelatin is an animal product - not the prettiest parts, but still made from animal parts. Same with marshmallows, gummy worms, and lots of other treats. The weird part is that I am not disgusted by it at all, in fact I think it's a GREAT way to use the whole animal.

Day 2 of m&e went well. A couple things could have been better, I could have drank more water and less wine. It was a rough afternoon.....we're trying to refi our house and the bank just keeps coming back with bad news :-( ANYWAY.....food-wise it was great, no hunger and no icky feelings.

Down another 1.4 lbs, Weight today 137.6

todays menu:
BRK - egg salad wrapped in turkey slices
LCH - ham salad (can ham, mayo, dill relish, mustard)
SNK - more egg salad but wrapped in ham slices
DNR - either leftover chicken thighs or pork loin (it's a big loin and up to DH if he wants to cook it tonight)

Final day on m&e, tomorrow I will add a few veggies.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning all

down 1# this morning, that's good for me----I am a slow loser----going to make deviled eggs today-----hot here upper 90's for today-- ugh!!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Karai--- whats in your veggie cocktail? Great news about loose clothes, that says way more than the scale :-)
Hi Sicca, I add the following to my handy-dandy Nutribullet (NB):
1/2 Beet+5 baby carrots+ handful of kale+ 1/2 lemon+flax seed oil+water
I love my NB. It makes juicing so easy. The clean-up is pretty cool too.

Yeah, I tend to gage how I'm doing by how my clothes fit. I like seeing the numbers come down on the scale. But, I've learned to look for other ways
to see my little successes.

Quote:
Day 2 of m&e went well. A couple things could have been better, I could have drank more water and less wine. It was a rough afternoon.....we're trying to refi our house and the bank just keeps coming back with bad news :-( ANYWAY.....food-wise it was great, no hunger and no icky feelings.

Down another 1.4 lbs, Weight today 137.6

todays menu:
BRK - egg salad wrapped in turkey slices
LCH - ham salad (can ham, mayo, dill relish, mustard)
SNK - more egg salad but wrapped in ham slices
DNR - either leftover chicken thighs or pork loin (it's a big loin and up to DH if he wants to cook it tonight)

Final day on m&e, tomorrow I will add a few veggies.
I hope things work out with the REFI. Congrats on the 1.4 lb loss!

Your menu looks delish. I have been doing the deviled eggs for snacks, this
week. I only have a few left. Egg salad-stuffed turkey/ham slices sounds
very appetizing! I have some left-over turkey breast. DH is not into turkey
until the holidays. As rare as it happens, we have left-over meat in the frig.
I can't believe it.

Karai
Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone! Glad everyone is doing better; and WTG all on the successes.
Wednesdays are my usual weigh in day, so have gone down to 243, posted the other day, just to see. So a total of almost 7 pounds for this week. Dropped what I gained over the holiday and then some. So that's a good start. Hoping to be under 230 by end of July, first week of August at the latest. We'll see. Working on a carb cycling plan for myself. Happy LCing and losing everyone. Hugs. Mae
Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Mae, congrats on losing 7lbs this past week.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Glad everyone is doing better; and WTG all on the successes.
Wednesdays are my usual weigh in day, so have gone down to 243, posted the other day, just to see. So a total of almost 7 pounds for this week. Dropped what I gained over the holiday and then some. So that's a good start. Hoping to be under 230 by end of July, first week of August at the latest. We'll see. Working on a carb cycling plan for myself. Happy LCing and losing everyone. Hugs. Mae
Hey Mae, major kudos on the weight loss! It is a great start. Keep up the momentum.

Karai
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone,

Here is today's menu:
S: Decaf coffee w/cream and CO
B: Veggie cocktail
L: Egg protein shake
D: Steak and eggs
Snacks: Turkey sausages and herbal tea
Water: 128 ounce
Exercise: 30 minutes resistance training

I ran out of my deviled eggs, so the turkey sausages will be my midi-snacks until, I can boil more. At this point, I am sticking to simple foods that are
quick and feed my body. I am still experiencing some trepidation about venturing too far off the path of simplicity. But, so far I'm loving how I feel.

Karai
Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

down a few more ounces this morning,---lots of water today and couple cups of tea, I do have to have a splash of cream though----bacon and sausage for breakfast, don't know about the rest of today-----I have some boiled eggs handy
Closed Thread