Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
LilBeetle - Feel better!! Congrats on your dairy competitions. I'm curious what you specifically competed in.

Sicca - Agree--jello is meat-ish As to the cream, found the recipe on Linda Sue's website. Really easy--do the one cup of boiling water to dissolve sf jello, then mix in 1/2 cup of cold water and mix in 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. She used orange, to taste like an orange creamsicle. The cream mixes with the orange and rises to the top. I've used cherry, too, and it's pretty good also.

Karai - Thanks for the tips. It's a challenge for me to drink lots of water. I usually do 8 - 8 oz. glasses. I'll try doing more coconut oil.

Naf - Glad to have you back! Hope the scale is kind tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Menu time--am reporting two days' worth, as I didn't have time to post yesterday.

July 8:

B - 2 fried eggs, 3 strips of bacon

L - 5 oz. roasted chicken w/ 1/2 T bacon grease and 1/2 T Franks hot sauce

D - 5 oz. meatloaf (made of pork rinds, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce) w/ 1/2 T of sf catsup

Snacks - 1 cup of coffee w/2 T cream and 1 T amaretto sf syrup and pumpkin pie spice, 4 oz. cold chicken, 1/2 cup orange jello w/2 T cream, another 2 T cream

July 9:

B - 2 scrambled eggs in 1 T butter, 2 1/2 strips of bacon

L - 6 oz. of chicken w/ 1/2 T Franks hot sauce

D - 5 oz. hamburger w/1 T chipotle mayo

Snacks - 1 cup of coffee (same fixings as above), 1 1/2 oz. pork rinds bbq flavored, 1 Sparkling Ice raspberry sf sparkling water, 3 slices of deli ham, 3 T cream, and 4 T cream (around midnight)

Yesterday was snack-y, which is probably due to TOM. Better today, but will post that menu tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post

PS: This is a bit off topic and for that I apologize, but when I see posts from you all about your "DH" or visiting "DD" what is that "devoted husband?" "devoted daughter?" Just trying to understand what all these acronyms and abbreviations mean.
Accepted interprtation on the WWW is dearest or darling husband/dearest or darling daughter.

If I am in a bad mood, it might mean damn
Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Accepted interprtation on the WWW is dearest or darling husband/dearest or darling daughter.

If I am in a bad mood, it might mean damn

I'm trying an experiment. Two days M&E, one day low carb with a few healthy carbs (today kidney beans on my salad). Two days of M&E, two days low carb. Rinse repeat. Hoping this will keep my body guessing and losing.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all.
So, I stepped on the scale this morning. It seems that over the July 4th holiday and the get togethers and the few stops of going to the local fast food restaurant for burgers and fries has put 3lbs on me. Needless to say I am very surprised by that; I was expecting 10 or so the way it seemed I was eating , so 3lbs I will gladly take.

So, I have my starting weight for this round and in 5 days I will weigh again, just to see how much I lost.

Today's menu:
B- Boneless Chicken breasts with butter and mayo
L- Bonless Chicken breasts with butter and mayo
Snack- scrambled eggs in butter
D- more chicken

Water consumption goal: at least 5 24oz cups of water

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 07-11-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Karai- what kind of low fat mayo do you use? The ones I find all have MORE carbs than the typical hellmans I use. I had not heard of that Extreme Weight Loss show, but I do watch biggest loser on occasion and I agree---- they spend a lot of time on the drama and stories, which is great and all, but the how-to techniques and all that just don't seem to be covered enough. OH and CONGRATS hitting the 1st goal!!!

--snipped--(edited)
Sicca, I make my mayo with olive oil. It's is the basic recipe with 1/2 the fat. Sometimes I add peppers or herbs to switch the taste up.

Thanks for the congrats. Down the road when things start to slow, I will do
the strict M&E---minus the veggies and add more good fats.

Karai
Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all.
So, I stepped on the scale this morning. It seems that over the July 4th holiday and the get togethers and the few stops of going to the local fast food restaurant for burgers and fries has put 3lbs on me. Needless to say I am very surprised by that; I was expecting 10 or so the way it seemed I was eating , so 3lbs I will gladly take.

So, I have my starting weight for this round and in 5 days I will weigh again, just to see how much I lost.

Today's menu:
D- more chicken

NAF, it is probably just water retention from the carbs, fillers and sodium. A couple days, or so on M&E, it will go whooooooooooosh.

Karai
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post

I'm trying an experiment. Two days M&E, one day low carb with a few healthy carbs (today kidney beans on my salad). Two days of M&E, two days low carb. Rinse repeat. Hoping this will keep my body guessing and losing.
Hi Terri, carb cycle away. I know I would be interested in knowing how it works out for you. I have been adding a veggie to either my lunch or dinner. It hasn't slowed my weight loss so far.

Karai
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu:

S: Large Decaf coffee w/ HC
B: Protein shake
L: Grilled chicken w/broccoli
D: Roast topped w/egg white omelet (cooked in CO)
S: Herbal tea w/ CO
Water 120 oz
Exercise: none

Karai
Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hi Terri, carb cycle away. I know I would be interested in knowing how it works out for you. I have been adding a veggie to either my lunch or dinner. It hasn't slowed my weight loss so far.

Karai
Hey Karai,
Well today I had a bit of a bump. I didn't mention the Szechwan Pork for lunch. So I'm looking for the water weight whoosh fairy to visit me too.

Would you mind posting you mayo recipe? I got a stick blender for Christmas and I'm ready to give it another try. We won't speak of the first attempt.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
OMG I am so trying that orange jello recipe. I got some sf orange jello yesterday.

GREAT idea about pork rinds in meatloaf, that has to be totally acceptable on m&e.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG I am so trying that orange jello recipe. I got some sf orange jello yesterday.

GREAT idea about pork rinds in meatloaf, that has to be totally acceptable on m&e.

I just made the sf jello w/ HWC recipe. I am using cherry jello (only kind I had here in the house). I'll probably let it chill all night, etc. Esp. since this is my 1st full day back on M&E. I took Linda Sue's suggestion and put them in 'goblets' and all. So, depending on how they turn out I'll post some pics tomorrow and all as well as my review of it.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 07-11-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
You can do it, Mae!!! We're just back from 9 days of celebrating our son's wedding! I'm a MIL!!! Holy cow, all the festivities were centered around food and drink (of course)! I did ok until the end...the reception and the wedding cake! No way I was going to miss that lol. We were in sunny So. Caifornia, so it was surprisingly easy to stay on plan, otherwise.

I bloat up traveling, so when we got there I made up a 60 oz. jug of Jillian Michael's detox tea (the one with the dandelion root) -- drank it every single day along with water to keep hydrated. Wow -- it works! I'll probably incorporate it into my maintenance plan (along with the M/E fast) for a quick fix.

So excited to see all the fasters here on the new thread! Everyone is doing so well, too!

this fast!
Glad you got un-bloated Beth. I'll have to try that tea. My daughter does JM workouts. Glad you are keeping hydrated and did enjoy the reception. Thanks for your vote of confidence. You keep up the great work yourself.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all.

Today's menu:
D- more chicken

Hi Naf: Well 3 lbs is less to lose than 10. You can do it and that's a good menu to start with. Keep up the good work, you can do it.
Hello to Everyone else also. Happy LCing/MEing. Terri, homemade mayo is the best. I'll see if I can find a few for you. I'm waiting for an immersion blender, as a present from a friend, who makes awesome mayo. Kari, Try a mix of Olive and Canola oil together; also, good menu too and adding veggies here and there helps. I'm doing salads for lunch this week. Let me know how yours goes. Sica, try a little mayo in the meatloaf, makes it tender, and yummy and keeps it from drying out too much. Hey Lil, hope you are doing better and LOL on the Damn H. Arura, I like the BBQ porkrinds too but lately been hard to find them.

Last edited by maepowers; 07-11-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Old 07-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Glad you got un-bloated Beth. I'll have to try that tea. My daughter does JM workouts. Glad you are keeping hydrated and did enjoy the reception. Thanks for your vote of confidence. You keep up the great work yourself.
I haven't tried her workouts -- probably a little advanced for me lol, but that tea is amazing for taking off the water weight (tastes a bit grassy, but when I saw the results I grew to LOVE the taste lol).

Last night I made the baked chicken breast/mayo/Worcestershire combo with ground pork rind coating. DH actually *requested* it which is fine with me since I'm pretty sure it's practically zero carbs and 10 times better than any fried chicken I've ever eaten!

I'm back to where I was pre-wedding week, so now it's time to get serious about reaching original goal weight. I'm actually thinking about doing the potato hack for a couple of weeks LOL...saw some amazing results over in that thread! Any of my fellow fasters ever try it???
Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just made the sf jello w/ HWC recipe. I am using cherry jello (only kind I had here in the house). I'll probably let it chill all night, etc. Esp. since this is my 1st full day back on M&E. I took Linda Sue's suggestion and put them in 'goblets' and all. So, depending on how they turn out I'll post some pics tomorrow and all as well as my review of it.

UPDATE:

This treat was pretty good. Def. great for summertime! As I was eating it (pictures are below) I'm thinking the 'fruitier' the jello flavor the more enjoyable this will be.... orange, lemon, and lime. The only flavor I had available was cherry; still good though!

Again, this recipe is from Linda Sue's website for CREAMSICLE JELLO.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Linda Sue is the best! I spend hours reading there, and lining up things I want to try!

Your creamsickles look soooooo good on this hot summer day!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Oh I am so making that tonight!!!! Thanks so much for posting the pics, now I can see how the cream rises. Looks GREAT.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
a lurker here, have done M/E in the past, want to try again, but I get so sick of eggs fast--so I was thinking of doing 2 days M/E and 2 days VLC then back to M/E
Old 07-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
a lurker here, have done M/E in the past, want to try again, but I get so sick of eggs fast--so I was thinking of doing 2 days M/E and 2 days VLC then back to M/E
Welcome, Sunny! Glad to have you with us.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Linda Sue is the best! I spend hours reading there, and lining up things I want to try!

Your creamsickles look soooooo good on this hot summer day!
Quote:
Oh I am so making that tonight!!!! Thanks so much for posting the pics, now I can see how the cream rises. Looks GREAT.

Thanks Beth and Sicca. I'll admit, jello-related desserts seem to be the only ones I can do right on LC. At first I thought I did this one wrong b/c the cherry wasn't red-red if you know what I mean, but I think it's b/c in the very original recipe, the maker used double everything (2 packets of gelatin, etc.)

I'll be having another one tonight with dinner later on.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I am feeling so much better The cough has stopped and the runny nose is clearing, and since its Saturday in NZ, I am back to M&E

I cycle between m&E, induction and OWL, because I figure it is like the 'carbing up' trillix talks about on the induction thread. I also try and make sure I have a couple of big calorie days so my body doesnt think Im starving it, and slowing down the metabolism. On my dessert day I usually make something completly decadantly glorious, yet legal, so I dont feel deprived. Last night I made a gooey chocolate brownie. It was magnificent! Once I prefect french vanilla ice cream, I will have an addiction in the making

Not sure of my weight right now. Between getting sick, medication, and TOM, Im all over the place, so Im going to wait for it to settle again.

Happy losing everyone
Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
Quote:
Welcome, Sunny! Glad to have you with us.
thanks, I am boiling eggs as we speak--
Old 07-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
14/7 138.4

welcome new people and love your eggs
Old 07-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sunny! That sounds like a good plan so go with it. Good luck. Glad to have you aboard. Mae
Old 07-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am feeling so much better The cough has stopped and the runny nose is clearing, and since its Saturday in NZ, I am back to M&E

I cycle between m&E, induction and OWL, because I figure it is like the 'carbing up' trillix talks about on the induction thread. I also try and make sure I have a couple of big calorie days so my body doesnt think Im starving it, and slowing down the metabolism. On my dessert day I usually make something completly decadantly glorious, yet legal, so I dont feel deprived. Last night I made a gooey chocolate brownie. It was magnificent! Once I prefect french vanilla ice cream, I will have an addiction in the making

Not sure of my weight right now. Between getting sick, medication, and TOM, Im all over the place, so Im going to wait for it to settle again.

Happy losing everyone
Glad you're on the mend, Lil. I'd wait too after going through and putting up with all that. lol. I cycle from time to time too on LC My Way and M/E. It really helps. I don't eat a lot of sweets since I don't like Splenda, Sucralose, Aspartame, Stevia, and all those manmade or supposedly natural artificial tasting sweetners. Sigh, would so love to do those Jellow shots, er NAF's concoction, his pics look yummy. You'll have to send me your recipe for Chocolate brownies, love 'em gooey. Take care, good luck. Mae
Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Beth and Sicca. I'll admit, jello-related desserts seem to be the only ones I can do right on LC. At first I thought I did this one wrong b/c the cherry wasn't red-red if you know what I mean, but I think it's b/c in the very original recipe, the maker used double everything (2 packets of gelatin, etc.)

I'll be having another one tonight with dinner later on.
Yummy-looking, NAF. Wish I could have one with ya! But don't like artificial flavorings/sweetners. enjoy, happy M/Eing
Old 07-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
14/7 138.4

welcome new people and love your eggs
WTG on the weight loss LIL I'm so jealous, still have about 100 on you, but promise not to hold it over you and let you find what I will eventually lose.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thanks, I am boiling eggs as we speak--
Sunny, you are so talented. Speaking and boiling eggs as you type that message here in the thread.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Sunny, you are so talented. Speaking and boiling eggs as you type that message here in the thread.
My thoughts exactly!
Closed Thread