Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Good morning. I would like to join and will be starting m/e today. Think it will help that I can post my menus. Have done this before, but have gained some back so really need to get that off plus more to get to my goal. Was 10# from goal back a few months, but now need to lose 20-25. Ugh!!
Hope all have a great day.
Hope, Glad to haveya with us. Post your menus and what you need to. This is a very supportive bunch here. Happy LCing/ME ing. Mae

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1

Amazed at the loss really. I went out last night to catch up with an old friend I hadnt seen in 6 years and had 2 bourbons and coke zero. Normally alcohol makes me retain water.
Hey LIL, go you~and the boozy too. LOL. You're doing great. Didn't have bourbon, but would have had any been around. Hope you had a good time with your friend. Have a great Sunday. Mae
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rural girl...Im a dairy farmer! But I dont like milk. I can do cream, butter and cheese, but milk just smells like cow lol. Having said that its better than the vat rinsings they sell as whole milk in the supermarket.

I've found the longer I meat and egg, the less 'stuff' I bother with. Apart from my cup of tea after meals I just drink filtered water. One night a week Ill have some low carb ice cream, but on the m&e days, I just meat and egg. Seasoning is normally salt pepper and butter. So far I have not found a single meat that didn't taste awesome with garlic butter on it. Even the eggs seem to benefit from a splash
What's not to like about butter on eggs or most anything. LOL and garlic butter to boot.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi everyone ,count me in ,i'll be starting on the 8th the day after my son's birthday! what is the average weight loss following M&E diet is it similar to weight loss on Stillman's?
Wisteria. You're accounted now. . Hope your son had a goog bday. Weight loss varies with what you put in to it. It varies with each person's unique body structure. There are differences between M/E and Stillman's, read the past posts in June thread or the Stillman's main one to get an idea. Stillman's is stricter than Atkins, and M/E is often thought to be just MEAT/EGGs only, and often is. Some add a little fat or cheese or something to help them get through it better. It's all in your perspective and how you make it yours. Good luck to you. Mae
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Naf and tobelowcarber, todays number is not important, because you know, and I know, its not the number that will be on your mind next week And yes naf, M&G works and it works fast. The trick is to not obsess on it, which is why I mix it up.

27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
5/7 139.3

Today is Friday in NZ, so back on M&E until monday. DD16 is joining me because she wants a quick boost.
Couldn't have put it better myself, LIL.
Hi all and happy LCing, MEing and just have a great upcoming week. MP
Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Rural girl...Im a dairy farmer! But I dont like milk. I can do cream, butter and cheese, but milk just smells like cow lol. Having said that its better than the vat rinsings they sell as whole milk in the supermarket.

I've found the longer I meat and egg, the less 'stuff' I bother with. Apart from my cup of tea after meals I just drink filtered water. One night a week Ill have some low carb ice cream, but on the m&e days, I just meat and egg. Seasoning is normally salt pepper and butter. So far I have not found a single meat that didn't taste awesome with garlic butter on it. Even the eggs seem to benefit from a splash
Oh my gosh! Another dairy farmer! I dairy farmed with my dad for 14 years, which doesn't include all of the farm work as a kid growing up. . . Just don't run into many people with the knowledge of the back side of a cow. What kind of cows? We milked mostly Holsteins and Jerseys, and crossbreds of those breeds. Wow--great to meet another farm girl. We're becoming a rare breed over here!

BTW, thanks for the garlic butter suggestion. I'll be using that this week.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Naf, hope you had a good time with family, and I like seeing other M & Eers menus, too. Speaking of which, here is mine for yesterday.

July 6 menu:

B - 4 oz. pork w/1 T butter, 2 hb eggs w/ 1 1/2 T mayo and 1/2 t. mustard, 1 cup of coffee w/amaretto sf syrup, 2 T cream, and pinch of pumpkin pie spice

L - 5 oz hamburger stroganoff w/4 T sour cream, 2 T onions, 1/4 cup of mushrooms, and 1/2 beef bouillon cube

D - chicken leg and thigh, 5 oz.

Snacks - Sparkling Ice kiwi (sf sparkling water) 1/2 bottle, 2 hb eggs with 2 T mayo and 1/2 t. mustard, 1 cup of coffee w/2 T cream, 1 T amaretto sf syrup, and pumpkin spice

Admittedly, this is more than I would have anticipated eating, but Friday I was very tired. Saturday I had tons of energy and got lots of house cleaning done as well as took a walk with hubby and did 10 minutes on my chair gym but was also more hungry. Hope it all works itself out when I weigh later this week. I'm only eating if I'm really, really hungry.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Too much boozy this week, went out for dinner with DH and stuck to the coke zero/bourbon thing but pinched a few of his fries, so up a bit. Now in detox mode.

B: 2 eggs fried in butter
L: 2 roast chicken drums
D: 1 fried egg, pork sirloin steak, one portebelo mushroom, slice tomato, 1/4 zucchinni sliced and fried in pork dripping
S: 1 cup bone broth
3x ceylon tea with HWC
1.5 lt water
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
got my meat for the week, and I'm ready to get back on track! As much as I hate work, I find the structure of M-F so easy to stick with my goals...things start getting squirrely during the weekends/too much time at home.

Here's to a great upcoming week
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
i had a rocky start (carbs at breakfast), but I cleaned up the rest of the day and only had meat and eggs

meat for lunch and omelet for dinner...
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning everyone.
Getting on the band wagon this morning with m/e. Today's menu:
B- 2 eggs cooked in butter
L - 4 oz hamburger
D - 4 oz chicken with 1 T mayo
If I need snacks, I will have boiled eggs
I am looking forward to doing this and getting some of the recently gained #'s off.
Hope all have a great day!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
So mayo is OK when m&e'ing? One of my favorite lunches is canned meat mixed with mayo & mustard - sometimes a little dill relish stirred. It can be anything- chicken, tuna, ham, crab. I love all canned meat and it's just so easy, I could do without the relish but because it's dill and I only use a spoon full it's barely a carb.
Would this be acceptable lunch on m&e?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

I dont think there is official M&E meal. Some have only meat and eggs, so add stuff to make it better for them. if you want mayo, have mayo
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Oh my gosh! Another dairy farmer! I dairy farmed with my dad for 14 years, which doesn't include all of the farm work as a kid growing up. . . Just don't run into many people with the knowledge of the back side of a cow. What kind of cows? We milked mostly Holsteins and Jerseys, and crossbreds of those breeds. Wow--great to meet another farm girl. We're becoming a rare breed over here!

How fun...we have dairy goats and I also milk a dexter who finally gave us a little heifer 6 weeks ago...gotta love the farmers of America! I'm a lurker, but wanted to pop in and say hello
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

A-hem!

Farmer of New Zealand here
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post

I do apologise. I entirely missed this post. At the moment I relief milk 850 mixed breed dairy cows. They are most friesian, jersey or kiwicross.

In 8 months (fingers crossed) Ill be milking a jersey house cow. I have a one cup plant on loan...just need her to calve. The biggest problem is the bull is a yearling and might not be tall enough to do his duty, so to speak. We plan on asking her surplus, and if theres enough demand, we'll get another couple and start a raw milk microenterprise..
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Who would have thought I'd find dairy farmers on this forum! Pretty cool!

Lilb - I had seen you were from New Zealand, meant to say we farm girls are a rare breed over in this country, wondering if this is the case where you are from? Sounds like we're familiar with the same cow breeds. We used to run yearling bulls because they tended to be not quite as mean as the full grown dairy bulls. We'd also run an Angus bull from time to time to get the beef cross because we'd actually make more off the calves and the Angus bulls were pretty tame, didn't have to worry about them nearly as much. . . I like the whole idea of your microenterprise. You'll have to keep me posted!

Mamatomany - We had a pet goat once, but we didn't milk her. She seemed to think she was a dog--until she ate some wiring on the tractor and died shortly after. We called her Pammy, and I still think fondly of her. . . About the Dexter, I am envious. I saw a Dexter cow with calf at a small farm show and always wanted one. Not sure I could talk anyone else on this farm into getting one, though.

Great talking with you both about farm life!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Okay, yesterday's menu:

July 8

B - 5 oz. leftover baked chicken

L - 5 oz. baked chicken in cream sauce: 4 T cream, 1/2 t chicken bouillon, 1 T butter

D - 2 hb eggs with 1 1/2 T mayo and 1/2 t mustard, 2 strips of bacon

Snacks - 1/2 Sparkling Ice Kiwi (sf sparkling water)
1 coffee w/2 T cream, 1 T amaretto sf syrup, and pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup orange sf jello made w/2 T cream
2 oz. cold chicken
2 T cream before bed

Again, very hungry. I see lots of cream in the menu, now that I'm typing it out. It seems to work for me, though.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Women in dairy are not as rare as they were when I first started. Some of out top dairy farmers are women. I won a fairly pretegious dairy competition some years ago.

I watch the bull the last time the cow cycled and it looked like he was doing ok, he just didn't do the final bump the big bulls do, so we're not sure. Just waiting few more days to if she cycles again.

Sorry for the metadiscussion. To keep it on track, I'm not posting my weigh stats from embarrassment. Im not losing the water gain from those darn fries. I also have a cold that feels like its trying to head to my chest, so sipping lots of broth with hot water chasers.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Krissakris - Good for you that you got back with the M & E after carby breakfast. Good luck for the rest of the week!

Hopetolose - Great menu!

Sicca - Definitely do the mayo.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Still sick dammit, and I got sabotaged with love

I had to go to a meeting last night so DH 'medicated' me so I could go. I knew he had made a whiskey and lemon drink but with no sense of taste I missed the 2 T honey he addded, and then I had a couple of strepsils without checking the ingredient list. *sigh* So of COURSE the first 3 were sucrose, glucose and sacchrin.

I made it thru the meeting but crashed at 8.30pm, went to bed and woke up a zillion times over night, with hunger pains from 2am. Needless to say I am up on the scales and still feel like manure. The broth I've been drinking is giving me heartburn to boot.

Normally I only M&E fri-mon, but I am thinking I am going to need a longer burst so I can shift this water!

ok, thats enough woe is me.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
WOE: Atkins
I hope you feel better, beetle.

When I first started, I accidentally popped a peppermint in my mouth that was sitting on the counter at the bank. I ate 3/4 of it before I realized it was clearly ALL carbs. I felt guilty for the rest of the day!

I'm not sure what meeting you had, but I hope that it went well. The scales will shift back to normal soon enough..and hopefully you don't feel (or smell) like manure tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Well, I have reached my first goal. I've lost 11.8 lbs on M&E since late June. On to goal 2--another 10 lb loss.

Here is today's menu:
B: Protein Shake
L: Baked Chicken w/mayo
D: Boiled Egg Salad
Snacks: Green Tea w/CO
Water: 100 oz
Exercise: day off

Did anyone see the show "Extreme Weightloss" last night? Jamie, the subject of the show, lost almost 80 lbs in 90 days by exercising 8 hours/day and at times eating 400 calories/day. Her coach helped bring her back to balance by upping her caloric intake and modifying her exercise routine. It was amazing to see her transformation in such a short time.

I like the show, but it is more of a "cry-reflect-feel-good" program. I would rather that they spend more time on the "how-to" stuff like exact menus, exercise regimens, tips, etc.

Karai
Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Still sick dammit, and I got sabotaged with love

I had to go to a meeting last night so DH 'medicated' me so I could go. I knew he had made a whiskey and lemon drink but with no sense of taste I missed the 2 T honey he addded, and then I had a couple of strepsils without checking the ingredient list. *sigh* So of COURSE the first 3 were sucrose, glucose and sacchrin.

I made it thru the meeting but crashed at 8.30pm, went to bed and woke up a zillion times over night, with hunger pains from 2am. Needless to say I am up on the scales and still feel like manure. The broth I've been drinking is giving me heartburn to boot.

Normally I only M&E fri-mon, but I am thinking I am going to need a longer burst so I can shift this water!

ok, thats enough woe is me.
Lil Beetle, get well soon. M&E will be here.

Karai
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, hopetolose!

Aruralgirl, I started out hungry until I added more fluids. And, the CO works wonders in keeping me satisfied.

Sicca, I use mayo too. But, I've been using a lower fat version to add to my meat-only meals.

krissakris, welcome back to M&E.

Karai
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Karai- what kind of low fat mayo do you use? The ones I find all have MORE carbs than the typical hellmans I use. I had not heard of that Extreme Weight Loss show, but I do watch biggest loser on occasion and I agree---- they spend a lot of time on the drama and stories, which is great and all, but the how-to techniques and all that just don't seem to be covered enough. OH and CONGRATS hitting the 1st goal!!!

Lilbeetle- Hope you feel better soon!!!

Aruralgirl-- your sf jello with cream sounds awesome! never thought of that. Do you use heavy cream? I consider jello a meat LOL (it comes from animals!)

I am going to jump on this m&e wagon for 3 days, probably will start Monday. Thanks for all the helpful posts, and good job everyone!

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday All,
Glad everyone is doing better, hope you all didn't gain a few pounds like I did over the July 4th holiday. Goal is to be back on track, starting up again today, and hoping to lose around 14 lbs by end of July. We'll see. Good luck to you all also. Mae
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
You can do it, Mae!!! We're just back from 9 days of celebrating our son's wedding! I'm a MIL!!! Holy cow, all the festivities were centered around food and drink (of course)! I did ok until the end...the reception and the wedding cake! No way I was going to miss that lol. We were in sunny So. Caifornia, so it was surprisingly easy to stay on plan, otherwise.

I bloat up traveling, so when we got there I made up a 60 oz. jug of Jillian Michael's detox tea (the one with the dandelion root) -- drank it every single day along with water to keep hydrated. Wow -- it works! I'll probably incorporate it into my maintenance plan (along with the M/E fast) for a quick fix.

So excited to see all the fasters here on the new thread! Everyone is doing so well, too!

this fast!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello M&Eers

Well I'm back from almost a week of holiday family visiting and it's time to get back to the fast. Waiting until tomorrow to weigh myself and see the damage that has been done.

Tomorrow starts 5 days of M&E for me. My goal is to incorporate as much exercise as I can to accelerate the loss results as well as to keep it as clean as possible: meat, eggs, fat (butter and mayo) and lots of water...that's it.

PS: This is a bit off topic and for that I apologize, but when I see posts from you all about your "DH" or visiting "DD" what is that "devoted husband?" "devoted daughter?" Just trying to understand what all these acronyms and abbreviations mean.

Happy M&Eing
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful_Love View Post
I'm going to try M/E's for a whole week. I've been kind of stalled (I only lost a pound the last 2 weeks! ugh!) and it's REALLY taking a toll on my motivation right now. I think it's because DH has yet to jump on any weight loss band wagon and I can't get HIM motivated to become healthier. We just got married in October, and I want us to live to be 100!..or at least make it to our 60's...and I know if we don't get it under control now, that dream is much less likely to happen.

Any tips on getting him on board? Maybe Atkins is too scary for him because he won't be able to tell me to go make him a sandwhich? Haha--if it were only that simple, right?!

Could you tell him that summer is the 'perfect' time to do Atkins/M&E-- cooking on the grill, all those burgers and steaks? (Actually, any time is the perfect time to get a healthier lifestyle and lose the extra pounds) Or could this be used as a reason to get a new grill (NOT that this fast has to be done on the grill at all by any means). Just trying to think of some "manly" reasons that would get him on board with you.

But what about you, how is your progress going, Grateful?
Closed Thread