Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
With horror I read the ingredients on my Tonalin CLA supplement (safflower oil). It was recommended to take this as it aids in reducing tummy fat. Well I stopped taking them! It has been a real eye opener reading and rereading and thinking on this PhD book! I was sitting with my son who loves blue corn chips and hummus - well geesh I started joining him. I bloated up like a balloon! Hmm...corn...I shouldn't eat that doing PhD...hmmm...hummus...oh my word not that either! Baby steps at least I am starting to recognize them.

I thought I was doing good by no omega 6 oils, no sugar, lots of greens and not eating processed foods, then realizing I was taking in omega 6 as a supplement geesh...I'm tho! I actually listened to a podcast on PhD yesterday too!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Good morn Mom,

The podcasts were my fav learning tools. I also learn so much from reading Paul's Q&A. I subscribe to it from the PHD site and then when I get some free time, I run through the questions. Most of the questions pertaining to things I think our PHDers would like to know, I will copy and bring over here. And yes I am one who took cod liver oil daily. Paul suggests getting your O3 from eating fish, not supplements.

Here is the the best that I gleaned from Paul re: O3 & O6...

Quote:
We recommend eating about 1 pound per week of omega-3 rich marine fish, like salmon, sardines, or herring, but taking no omega-3 supplements. This amount is sufficient to optimize the tissue omega-6 to omega-3 ratio for cardiovascular health, and is not so great as to raise great risks of toxicity. We also recommend avoiding mixing omega-3 fats with sugar or alcohol – a point I reiterated in last week’s post (How to Raise HDL, April 20, 2011):

Drink alcoholic beverages – but only when consuming meals low in polyunsaturated fats. Drink up when you eat beef, but be cautious when the entrée is salmon.

Some new papers have recently come out on the subject of omega-3 toxicity, and may lead some in the Paleo community, possibly including us, to reconsider our advice about omega-3 fats.Omega 6 just needs to come from food if at all possible.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Hm, it's interesting because some of the older research indicates that drinking alcohol with fatty fish removes some of the concerns about toxicity relating to its mercury content. I'm not at all up to date on the more recent research however so I must take a look. (This is academic as I don't consume alcohol but I'm interested...)

ETA: I should mention that we eat oily fish approx. x2 a week although it's tricky to fit in with a JUDDD etc. schedule.

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-07-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When it comes to supplementing, Paul strongly believes in getting our daily requirements from foods, but he does recommend a few that we obviously don't seem to get enough by eating. From PHD...

Supplemental Foods

We recommend eating these “supplemental foods” on a regular schedule:

3 egg yolks daily, 5 yolks daily for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant (for choline, folate, vitamin A)
A bowl of bone and joint broth soup, 3 days per week (for calcium, phosphorus, and collagen)
Vegetables such as tomato, avocado, potato, sweet potato, banana, green leafy vegetables, and seaweeds such as dulse, daily (for potassium)
Dark chocolate (>70%), as desired
¼ lb beef or lamb liver, weekly (copper, vitamin A, folate, choline)
fish, shellfish, eggs, and kidneys, weekly (for selenium)
OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon red palm oil, weekly (vitamin E)

Daily Supplements

These are supplements we recommend be taken daily:

Sunshine and vitamin D3 as needed to achieve serum 25OHD of 40 ng/ml.
Vitamin K2 100 mcg or more
Magnesium 200 mg
Iodine at least 225 mcg, recommend 1 mg
Vitamin C 1 g

Vitamin D3

Seek total dose from sun, food, and supplements of 4,000 IU/day
Adjust to 25OHD level of 40 ng/ml (whites/Asians), 30 ng/ml (blacks)

Vitamin K2

Low dose: 100 mcg MK-7
Moderately high dose: 1000 mcg MK-4, 100 mcg MK-7
High dose: 5 mg MK-4

Magnesium

Use chelate (e.g. glycinate) or citrate
Daily dose 200 mg
Epsom salt baths are an alternative

Iodine

Recommended dose 225 mcg/day (one tablet)
For higher doses, see Therapeutic Supplements

Vitamin C

Low dose: 500 mg
High dose: 1 g
Highest doses (for viral infections) variable
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 07-07-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Hm, it's interesting because some of the older research indicates that drinking alcohol with fatty fish removes some of the concerns about toxicity relating to its mercury content. I'm not at all up to date on the more recent research however so I must take a look. (This is academic as I don't consume alcohol but I'm interested...)

ETA: I should mention that we eat oily fish approx. x2 a week although it's tricky to fit in with a JUDDD etc. schedule.
I love salmon, but since I am so busy, I usually will have sardines when I fail to get the salmon in.

SlowSure, If you would like to read some of his research, because I know how it becomes so confusing! This was the most mind blowing for me! Scroll down the right side of the PHD site and under Nutrients, he has a linked much research for Omega 3 & 6.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and I hate to think about all of the times that I have had wine with fish. I am not going to live my life in fear though. I just do the best I can. I love a glass but will try to remember to keep it w/ beef.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Yeah Sunday, that's Dave. I bought the whole nine yards from him. $165 total. High but so good quality.

I just love the info you gave. Out of all the reading, I found that site just yesterday researching Brandi's daughters MS. Or is it MD. Can't remember. Senior moment. ha

I've had the best time today, just playing. Bone broth is on it's second pot and I'm freezing part in ice trays. I decided to get the prime on the Big site. It is $79 a yr but you get free shipping. AND free movies. Like 18,000 of them and free downloads for Kindle. Only 1 a mo for the book but I would have bought it for the shipping. I don't know why, I have bought so much lately, I don't have much more to buy.

I did buy a pair of 1 liter Fido's yesterday. That's what I put my beets in. They look so pretty. Wish I knew how to send pictures.
Lindy I've considered the 'prime' myself, but not yet...I have a nook book. You sure are an inspiration, you just bubble with good feelings! Maybe it's all the kombucha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
With horror I read the ingredients on my Tonalin CLA supplement (safflower oil). It was recommended to take this as it aids in reducing tummy fat. Well I stopped taking them! It has been a real eye opener reading and rereading and thinking on this PhD book! I was sitting with my son who loves blue corn chips and hummus - well geesh I started joining him. I bloated up like a balloon! Hmm...corn...I shouldn't eat that doing PhD...hmmm...hummus...oh my word not that either! Baby steps at least I am starting to recognize them.

I thought I was doing good by no omega 6 oils, no sugar, lots of greens and not eating processed foods, then realizing I was taking in omega 6 as a supplement geesh...I'm tho! I actually listened to a podcast on PhD yesterday too!
Oh Mama I love corn chips and they don't love me.....

Just wanted to say, so much info to process, I totally agree about baby steps, do what you can as you go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Oh, and I hate to think about all of the times that I have had wine with fish. I am not going to live my life in fear though. I just do the best I can. I love a glass but will try to remember to keep it w/ beef.
Absolutely, the last thing we need is to become obsessed with every little rule. Like how I'm never gonna eat liver....

Hiya Cici and Slowsure!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey ladies, hope your day is going well.

Just finished redoing my weekly kombucha refill. And my kefir. Gots to do my chores. ha.

After I did my bone broth (chicken) I finished up with about 3 quarts total for the 2 batches. I put up almost all for the freezer. Two trays of ice cubes and a big batch for soups and rice dishes. I don't think I'll do anymore for a while. My kids hate the smell.

Blonde, I watched the new TV show "Under the Dome" on my prime. No commercials. Love it. Of course on normal TV I DVR everything I want to watch so can fast forward past commercials.

Sunday, very interesting info from Paul. I don't drink anymore but I used to drink with every evening meal. Fish or not. Maybe that's why such a weight gain. Naw, that's just justification.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I finally succumbed to Kristin's idea to make liver pate. I actually don't mind it with chicken liver and look forward to trying it with beef liver and see how it tastes. Her recipe is wonderful.

Baby steps is really the best way when learning Perfect Health. Take encouragement in the little things and the ideas that you probably already know to do. For instance, I love fish and actually most all seafood. I also love taters, tomatoes, avocado, kraut, artichoke, peppers, eggs, broth, coconut oil and brazil nuts. I decided to learn something new weekly that I could start including in my meals that would give me something to look forward to. Sarah Atshan and ChowStalker have been my newest addiction.

Today's meal~

I grilled shrimp in coconut oil, with green peppers, jalapeno, artichoke, and cilantro. In last few minutes, add Spinelli's La Vodka Sauce. If you have never had it, you are truly missing a treat. It is good whole foods and they sell it at our local Natural Grocer, the ingredients~ Tomatoes, Cream (Milk), Onion, Fresh Garlic, Vodka, Olive Oil, Spices, Kosher Salt, Chili Pepper. I simply pour the sauce on for the last few minutes. Then grilled up my asparagus, zucchini & mushroom for my side. Delish!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, I am loving kefir too. I have been drinking Mango Lassi. Talk about something that is sinful it is so delicious. It tastes so good that I never would imagine it to be healthy.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Sunday, I must admit that the only commercial buch I tried had lemons and it was terrible. Added to the tangy taste of kombucha it was too much. Just a little 8 oz can. I wish we had more to offer in NW La. I ordered it on line.
I saw that Austin has 4 new facilities to make it. (4). Jenny lives in Austin so I told her to check it out. She said she will bring me some when she comes to visit. Like I need any more. I want HER to drink it.

I have been slipping lately on the PLAN. Eating a little take out that's offered. I haven't gained but I haven't lost in almost a week. I did have chicken livers twice this week but no sardines. Must-be-more-diligent.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, I know for certain that homemade will be best. I can't wait. I have never found Kombucha in a can. That doesn't sound good. Tell your daughter to look for Wonder Drink (Asian pear) or GT's Synergy Hibiscus, Bilberry or Lavender.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lindy, I know for certain that homemade will be best. I can't wait. I have never found Kombucha in a can. That doesn't sound good. Tell your daughter to look for Wonder Drink (Asian pear) or GT's Synergy Hibiscus, Bilberry or Lavender.
I looked up the kind I ordered and it was Wonder Drink Green Teas and Lemon. Awful.....
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Could someone please post a link to doing bone broth, yet again I make stock, but I'm sure it is different. I have lots of chickens I butchered in my freezer as well as too much meat! If that's possible. I could kick myself, cuz' we had a steer processed in January and I rendered all the fat from it (they didn't charge me at all for it), and made tallow, but I never asked for the bones...WHY WHY didn't I ask for the bones! Oh well, when I get back from vacation - we are leaving on Friday...14 hour drive with 8 kids...hmmmm.. well, umm..there is a place local who procsses organic meats including goat so maybe I will pay them a visit and see if I can buy some bones. I know when I make stock everything is in there, except the head, but feet and everything else is..

I had a dream about kombucha last night...yes, I'm dreaming PhD style now! It is ridiculous. I do have a friend who can get me started, but was hoping just to continue with the keifer until my goat's are dry. BUT, maybe if I make this, and all the rest of the kids drink it regularly, well there you have it! I guess I have to don't I
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mama,
I will go look for the link that I posted a while back, it is the one that I like the best w/ slow cooker. Also, if you google Nom Nom Paleo Slow Cooker Beef Bone Broth.

Benefits of bone broth.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

From Nourishing Passions~

Quote:
Broth (or “stock”-often used interchangeably) is one of the most nourishing traditional foods consumed. It is also one of the easiest and least expensive to make!

Since many components of the bones leach out during cooking, homemade broth from bones of healthy animals are a great source of:

*Gelatin (promotes HCl production for digestion)
*Collagen (amino acids-proline & glycine)
*Various minerals & electrolytes (esp Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorous)
*Glucosamine/Chondroitin

Consuming broth helps improve digestion, alleviate joint pain, and strengthen hair, skin, nails, and teeth. It also helps aid detoxification which might otherwise be limited by inadequate glycine.

Unfortunately the little bouillon cubes from the store don’t quite cut it in terms of the health benefits listed above. Most have MSG (hidden under “natural flavors”) and many other chemicals & flavorings and void of the collagen, gelatin & other minerals that naturally leach from real bones.

Broth can be made from any carcass of any animal-which is convenient because that’s the part we usually throw away. I still recommend throwing it away….but not until you get all your money’s worth!

The general rule of thumb is: the thicker the bone, the longer you cook it. I prefer to do mine in a crock pot as I can leave for the day & don’t have to worry about my place burning down. A crock pot uses very little energy so is cost effective as well.

1. Fill the crock-pot with bones (it’s fine if they have some meat on them) and cold filtered water to cover. I like to get mine here.

2. Feel free to add vegetables (ie. carrots, onions, celery) for flavor. Add a splash of apple cider vinegar (you don’t have to do this, but it helps leach minerals from the bone) and let sit for 30-60 minutes.

3. Turn the crock-pot on to high and skim off the scum that rises to the top (if you miss this, it will just melt back down into the stock). Then turn it to low.

4. That’s it! The longer you cook it, the richer the stock. Once the bones are soft, you’ve probably gotten as much out of the bones as you are going to.

Fish: 2-4 hours
Chicken, turkey, or duck: 12-24 hours
Beef, bison or lamb: 36-48 hours

5. Adding herbs the last 10 minutes or so of cooking will add flavor:
Bay leaf, Sage, Thyme, Rosemary

5. Strain the broth and refrigerate. At this point, you could also simmer it longer to condense it as water cooks off. Once it has refrigerated overnight, it will likely gel up due to the natural gelatin in the bones, but once reheated, it will re-liquify.
nourishing passions homemade broth
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In the summer, I don't worry about slow cooking, I just mix my hydrolyzed beef collagen with any organic grass fed broth. Simple and no worry about heating up my house.

Now, when winter arrives, I will be making a batch on the stove or crockpot continuously. Mama, lots of butchers will sell you their bones for hardly anything. I bought a whole mess of bones for 4.00 from Sprouts.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Hey ladies, hope your day is going well.

Blonde, I watched the new TV show "Under the Dome" on my prime. No commercials. Love it. Of course on normal TV I DVR everything I want to watch so can fast forward past commercials.
Lindy I do the same thing, I absolutely HATE commercial television and DVR anything I want to watch, then zoooom through the loud obnoxious ads. I read Under the Dome this Spring, it's a long one in book form!

Quote:
I finally succumbed to Kristin's idea to make liver pate. I actually don't mind it with chicken liver and look forward to trying it with beef liver and see how it tastes. Her recipe is wonderful.

Baby steps is really the best way when learning Perfect Health. Take encouragement in the little things and the ideas that you probably already know to do. For instance, I love fish and actually most all seafood. I also love taters, tomatoes, avocado, kraut, artichoke, peppers, eggs, broth, coconut oil and brazil nuts. I decided to learn something new weekly that I could start including in my meals that would give me something to look forward to. Sarah Atshan and ChowStalker have been my newest addiction.

Today's meal~

I grilled shrimp in coconut oil, with green peppers, jalapeno, artichoke, and cilantro. In last few minutes, add Spinelli's La Vodka Sauce. If you have never had it, you are truly missing a treat. It is good whole foods and they sell it at our local Natural Grocer, the ingredients~ Tomatoes, Cream (Milk), Onion, Fresh Garlic, Vodka, Olive Oil, Spices, Kosher Salt, Chili Pepper. I simply pour the sauce on for the last few minutes. Then grilled up my asparagus, zucchini & mushroom for my side. Delish!
Sunday, your so right, it's easy to eat the stuff you love! Your grilled shrimp sounds drooling good!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Morning all, great day, isn't it. Hot down here in La but so pretty. Of course, I haven't gone out yet.

Mama, hysterical about your dream of kombucha. Must be on your mind.

Blonde, why don't you google Cajunernie's website. It's not commercial because it says on the homepage that he no longer sells kombucha. He's very old I think. Anywhoo, the benefits of it also helps shingles. I don't know if just drinking it will help or using it dabbed with a cotton ball on sores. Maybe both to be safe. There's lot of conditions mentioned that it helps. I'm going to try to get SIL in Austin to drink it for his kidney problems. They are really bad.

Sunday, I had the perfect brunch today. Omelet made with 1 egg and 2 yolks, hwc, cheese in butter. A whole tomato sliced and 1 c sauteed spinach in butter. Finished up with 1/2 c of my new fermented beets that I made. They are early so not real tart or pickled but sooo good. I ate this with my cup of kombucha. What a powerhouse of a meal!!!! Not much over 500 calories and I'll only eat one more meal today. Boy, I feel virtuous.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
In the summer, I don't worry about slow cooking, I just mix my hydrolyzed beef collagen with any organic grass fed broth. Simple and no worry about heating up my house.

Now, when winter arrives, I will be making a batch on the stove or crockpot continuously. Mama, lots of butchers will sell you their bones for hardly anything. I bought a whole mess of bones for 4.00 from Sprouts.
Do you have a particular brand of beef collagen that you buy?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you have a particular brand of beef collagen that you buy?
Great Lakes and Bernard Jensen's are recommend on the PHD site, but I actually think NOW brand has a beef gelatin that comes highly recommended on A. I will have to try and do more research. It needs to come from grassfed beef. I am using Great Lakes and it is working.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've just been portioning up my oxtail stock/broth That and pounding down some more cabbage for sauerkraut.

I should make some more green bell pepper jelly but I can't take the heat of the kitchen so I'm skulking in a cooler room and looking at the forums.

The heat continues and I've upped my intake of MCT oil which is serving to keep the headaches at bay - I'm so grateful.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amazing to hear SlowSure.

I have been taking the Mct oil 1 tbsp. first thing in morn. I think since I am still in weight loss mode, I should wait until I get to goal before upping my dosage, but I am super excited to hear how it is helping you.

Love to hear about oxtail broth. I have been reading that it is wonderful in soup. Green pepper jelly sounds great too. So, it is hot in London??? I think we are just getting ready to break 100's. I am not happy. Will be staying inside during mid day.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have been taking the Mct oil 1 tbsp. first thing in morn. I think since I am still in weight loss mode, I should wait until I get to goal before upping my dosage, but I am super excited to hear how it is helping you.

Love to hear about oxtail broth....Green pepper jelly sounds great too. So, it is hot in London??? I think we are just getting ready to break 100's.
It's been in the 30C+ since the end of last week. Because our house is on an east-west axis, we get the full force of the sun in the morning at the front, and similarly at the back for the afternoon and into the evening. The kitchen is still >30C at 22:30 so I have to be very careful about when I use the oven or how I use the hob because it's stiflingly hot even without additional heat.

The upstairs rooms are very hot during the night, even tho' I made internal shutters for most of the windows (local housing restrictions mean that we're not allowed to have external shutters altho' they'd be better). So that's another reason why I have to be careful about using the kitchen even at night because the heat just rises and adds to the discomfort. It was so hot last night that my head did throb for several beats on two occasions but even tho' my face and eyes were twitching, my soft tissue was swollen and the veins in my temple and cheeks stood out, the headache didn't set it. (I did have an extra helping of MCT oil, just to make sure, even tho' it was a DD, because I usually only have those twitches/symptoms if I have a migraine.)

We're very fond of the savoury pepper jellies (red, green or orange) as they make excellent condiments with poultry, meat, cheese, fish and are a good addition to some curries.

The oxtail broth is a lovely jelly. The shredded meat is good with mustard or a chipotle sauce. I've retrieved the bones for a second cooking with the pressure cooker (tomorrow, after we return from the cinema).

The aubergine/eggplant 'bacon' worked well - you have to slice it very thinly before dehydrating it but it does eventually dry to a crisp.

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-09-2013 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is it just me or is it like travelling to the beloved land of England to read SlowSure's postings? I am a fan of British theatre, literature, and television, so I absolutely enjoy everything that you share with us.

Your meals and food descriptions keep my interest sparked as well. I hope that you sleep well tonight SlowSure.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is it just me or is it like travelling to the beloved land of England to read SlowSure's postings? I am a fan of British theatre, literature, and television, so I absolutely enjoy everything that you share with us.

Your meals and food descriptions keep my interest sparked as well. I hope that you sleep well tonight SlowSure.
Me, too, SlowSure, I love all things British. Especially Dr. Who
I live in Louisiana and it is warm 10 months a yr so we have to have air conditioning. No choice. That or die. And people do. I remember back in the day ( ) when nobody had it. Hot, Hot.

Sunday, I feel much better about my eating habits today. Back on the bandwagon. I made a casserole tonight that was the most nutritious I've ever made. Chicken, pasta cooked in bone broth, carrots, celery, turmeric, hwc, butter, and mayo. So good. Even the family liked my "nutritious" dinner. Usually they want to bring home take out.

I thought I had killed my milk kefir grains yesterday. I used an opened carton of coconut milk that had been in the fridge for a while. It smelled ok but clabbered w/i a few hours. I tried again with reg milk and usually it's ready in 24 hrs but it took 36 this time.. Lesson learned. I love my babies. They are so tiny. And not growing much.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SlowSure, Love all the 'English' talk, me too Sunday...huge fan. I love to listen to "World Have Your Say" on public radio. The moderators are so pleasing to the ear.

Lindy your casserole sounds divine!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, Ha, your posts are so fun and guaranteed to lift my spirits!

Kefir grains dying?!? This is why I am not attempting kefir. I will keep drinking my Greek Goddess and enjoy watching you.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Can someone or ones expound on the ketogenic aspect of PhD. How it would benefit a person, and how it would be accomplished?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can someone or ones expound on the ketogenic aspect of PhD. How it would benefit a person, and how it would be accomplished?
Mama, I have seen PHD'ers who suffer with migraines and other neurological issues get relief with ketogenic. In truth, it is very difficult for me personally, because you have to restrict all fruit. But, it is well worth the results if you suffer with pain such as this. SlowSure has been getting quick results as well as a few others who I follow over on the FB group. I will see if I can find a few other reasons that this would be advised.
Closed Thread