Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins/ lots of veggies
Start Date: 1/2/13
Anyone doing the 100?

I just started Jorge cruise's The 100, have tried the belly fat cure before this is basically atkins for the most part with slight differences. Lookin for a buddy
leaving30something is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 239/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 02/25/14
Never heard of it.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 71yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet; JUDDD
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12: 1/17/14
What's the name of the program?

Forget it. I found it.

I get info from Barnes and Noble and last week there were three books listed regarding Weight Loss programs. His was one.

Everyone is coming up with weight loss books adding a twist here and there.

Last edited by Sharss; 06-06-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Never heard of it.
He was just on Dr Oz the other week with this book. Jorge Cruise was plugging his book, and gave some recipes with almond flour and coconut flour. If you go to Dr Oz's website you can see the clips and get the recipes.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 71yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet; JUDDD
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12: 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
He was just on Dr Oz the other week with this book. Jorge Cruise was plugging his book, and gave some recipes with almond flour and coconut flour. If you go to Dr Oz's website you can see the clips and get the recipes.
It's nice to know Dr. Oz's website gives recipes. I read all the reviews for the book. The biggest complaint was that Cruise misrepresented the book on the Oz program because it lacked recipes that he made it sound were in the book.

Also from reading the Reviews on Amazon, it appears it's just another twist of the Atkins WOE.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #6

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I have Jorge on my fb. He gives the recipes that way too. The recipes are up on you tube. I am supposing he has a channel? I don't know anything about you tube. I just click the links that I get sent of things I am interested in. But I have seen him do his almond bread on there. He also has chocolate lace cookies, I have seen.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Purple Crayon
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2003
There was a story on Yahoo earlier this week or last week.

He had a recipe for "Skinny Muffins". It was a carbon copy of the One Minute Muffin or Muffin in a Minute recipe. I was surprised that the LCF sleuths didn't fill up the comments section ratting him out.
Purple Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/180/165
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Crayon View Post
There was a story on Yahoo earlier this week or last week.

He had a recipe for "Skinny Muffins". It was a carbon copy of the One Minute Muffin or Muffin in a Minute recipe. I was surprised that the LCF sleuths didn't fill up the comments section ratting him out.
I'm not so surprised. Fact is, the Low Carb woe is WIDE OPEN for a new recipe hero, or a couple of them, imo. Who will be the Rachel Ray of LC recipes? That's what I mean, still wide open.

We who are on a LC woe, and have read far and wide on the net about it, and participate in forums like this, are in the very "skinny" minority. Most of what we know and discuss, the LC recipes and products we share w/each other are still WAY outside the norm, and the general population.

So if I were looking to make a splash as a nutritional guru/celebrity cook, I'd look at where the field is pretty wide open, and that would definitely be Low Carb.

Anyone could steal a hundred good LC recipes from the net, and call them their own. So much out there, from those who have believed in LC eating and put the time and effort to find ways to make it delicious, but not enough of us to notice, like you and me do, that a certain recipe has been kicking around LC forums for years.

Yep, IMO, the whole LC thing is totally ripe for someone to capitalize on, in fact, more than one someone. I do believe that w/in 5 years there'll be several LC food shows out there, where as now, there are none.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I bought the book , just after saying I can't believe this guy has a new book, lol. His other book belly fat cure, said you can't give up carbs and basically encouraged small amounts of carbs, sprouted grain bread, brown rice, ect... Even goldfish, it was about choosing 0 sugar carbs. Then he came up with fast track which to me was basically atkins, no this is low carb as well. Basically you take any carb multiply by 4 and have now more than 100. I did expect more recipies but there are menus which have some good stuff. I'm trying it now. Will let you all know
Old 06-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving30something View Post
I bought the book , just after saying I can't believe this guy has a new book, lol. His other book belly fat cure, said you can't give up carbs and basically encouraged small amounts of carbs, sprouted grain bread, brown rice, ect... Even goldfish, it was about choosing 0 sugar carbs. Then he came up with fast track which to me was basically atkins, no this is low carb as well. Basically you take any carb multiply by 4 and have now more than 100. I did expect more recipies but there are menus which have some good stuff. I'm trying it now. Will let you all know
That sounds pretty dumb to me. Why not just call it "25" and not have to multiply anything by 4. It's the same difference, so what is the point? If he expects you to stay at 25 net, why not just say so? This sounds gimmicky. He's just another "guru" that wants to take our money with nothing new or interesting to add to his diet plan.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #11

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
That sounds pretty dumb to me. Why not just call it "25" and not have to multiply anything by 4. It's the same difference, so what is the point? If he expects you to stay at 25 net, why not just say so? This sounds gimmicky. He's just another "guru" that wants to take our money with nothing new or interesting to add to his diet plan.
4 calories in a carb. So he says eat no more than 100 cal per day from carbs.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jesse mac
Jorge Cruise The 100?????

Well what do you think???Some say its just another low carb diet? I'm confused my true love is and will always be Atkins but Jorge Cruise 100 is teasing me ,has anybody got thoughts or comments on this now best seller? Thank you.
jesse mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
It is really pretty similar to Atkins. From what I understand that it doesn't restrict foods as much or if at all. I don't think there any off limit foods but I could be wrong on that. You just can't have more than 100 calories a day from carbs which you calculate by multiplying the carbs by 4. It basically means you can't have more than 25 carbs a day, which is similar to Atkins limit.

I don't know. I sort of think it is just another way to get you to eat low carb. Just saying 25 carbs a day would be easier for people to figure out, but it just sounds different and newer.

I think I have been doing this diet for years without even knowing it. I have never followed Atkins to the letter. I don't have any off limit foods, but I try to limit my carbs to 20-30 a day.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luzestrella
i started it Monday..have u started yet?
luzestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
Lol!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

So I did it a few days, lost a few lbs like whenever I commit to low carb but I have not been sticking to my limits. It basically is atkins except it teases you that you can have things lilt wine or dark chocolate. Only thing is a serving of wine is 3 ounces. Why bother? His book just complicates the atkins process. It's sayin you avoid ketosis, however I'm pretty sure if you follow his daily meal plan you would be in ketosis cause its really the same thing! For example:
2 fried eggs w2 sausage links coffee half and half
Snack- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Lunch- turkey burger, w/ mustard, American cheese, tomato slice, 2 rings grilled onion, 5 grilled mushrooms, served on 2 lettuce
Snack- hard boiled egg
Dinner-1 chicken breast sautéed in olive oil, garlic, cup of brocolli, 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce, 2 tbs parm cheese
Up to two glasses red wine (back of book list serving size as 3 oz)
Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzestrella View Post
i started it Monday..have u started yet?
Starting over today. My mom has been visiting and we have been lunching, drinking.... I'm going to follow the plan close as possible but I'm on vacation and still have a few outings to survive. But I feel like crisp when I eat bad and even worse when I see my fat self tagged in fb photos, so I can't keep putting off! Let me know how you are doing and when you actually started.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Feel like crap lol, if I felt crisp I might just be bad all the time. Haha
Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
I'm doing his BFC, not the 100. A few correctings here, the 100 is not 25 net, it is 25 total he doesn't allow fiber deduction, so less then Atkins imo.

Besides the 1 minute muffin ripe off, he also has a gal or 2 in the 100 book that didn't lose their weight doing the 100 as the book claims, Amber is one of them. Another person who lost 90 pounds doing his other plan "The Belly fat cure" has not good things to say about "The 100" on her blog.

I do like the BFC book though, it allows me to have a small bag of chips or fries,and bread.

It is not 0 sugars either, the BFC plan is 15 sugars a day and 6 carbs servings a day. A carb serving is 5- 20, 2 servings is 20-40 and 3 servings is 40-60. If the label says 4 carbs it doesn't count and if the label says less then 1 sugar it doesn't count. You don't deduct fiber on this plan, so with that in mind it is close to the "Protein Power" written by the "Eades" IMO

Debbie

Last edited by Tater Head; 06-29-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
I bought the book and am reading it right now before starting next week. I'll let you know how it goes for me. I have been successful with Stillman's Water Diet and HcG. When I cut down on carbs, my belly flattens, too, so I'm just wondering if we all can put together a "Combo" deal and publish it? I'm sure we'd all like the royalties!!!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charibaby
Jorge Cruise's 100

I have been on the 100 for three weeks and have lost 13 lbs. Not the 18 in 2, but I couldn't be happier. I'm 49 years old and have tried every diet there is. This doesn't feel like a diet. This is something I can do for the rest of my life and that is so exciting to me! I'm a carb lover so all protein diets were torture. On this plane I get a muffin in the morning and a little chocolate and wine at night. I'm totally satisfied and have had no carb withdrawals. Woo-hoo!
charibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mochaslim
The 100

I just started Jorge Cruise 100 is anyone else on the program? What I like about it so far is that its not too restrictive. Every time I try a low carb diet, I never make it pass induction phase. I did the HCG diet but gained all the weight back because I could not stabilize.
mochaslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Hi, I am not doing the 100, but I am doing the Belly Fat Cure, Jorge's previous plan. I too like the simplicity of his plan. Plus, I don't have to give up many of the carbs that I love...AND...I still lose weight!

Thanks,
BELLY FAT CURE
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mochaslim
Karai, how long have you been doing belly cure? What is your results so far.
mochaslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Hey Mochaslim,

I've been doing BFC since August 1st. So far, I've lost about 10 lbs. But, I think my slow loss is due to transitioning from a very low carb plan to adding back carbs. So, my body has been in a transition mode. But, it is still losing.

I started IF (intermittent fasting) today. In addition to the great benefits, I am expecting some continued losses.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jesse mac
This plan works been doing it myself slow lost 17lbs,since June hubby 30lbs just stay with it.
jesse mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
Ddk
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ddk
hi! I started the 100 July 1st - promising myself I would stick to it for two weeks (had a wedding mid-July and couldn't fit in my skin or clothes anymore)... Lost 11 lbs in 11 days - which was kind of wild... Stayed on it since July 1st and I'm down 25.5 lbs... have another 25 to go. First diet I don't feel hungry on... Total opposite of the low fat living I've been doing for years with very little weight loss... You have to understand that carbs were my life! a day without bread - Unthinkable!!! well I expected to have big cravings etc. but I didn't have any!! There are restricted foods - including bread, pasta and rice... just look at the carbs - if there are 25 grams of carbs in a slice of bread - and that's the max you are allowed for a day - that puts it on the restricted list!! The weird part is fruit is a no-no... basically they are all sugar - which you can't have... I still do have some in my morning smoothie - and occasionally will binge on grapes or strawberries... so it's really weird to feel like I'm cheating with fruit... but otherwise it has been easy to maintain - meats/chicken/seafood with veggies and healthy fats... My tummy issues that we thought for years were IBS ARE GONE! This is a lifestyle change for me... PS also stopped diet coke on July 1st... water is pretty much all I drink.

Last edited by Ddk; 10-17-2013 at 06:43 PM..
Ddk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nash7665
I bought the book Inches off your Tummy. It was really the exercising that caught my interest. I am a 56 year old woman who is 40 lb overweight and have been told by my doctor that I need to lose weight to bring my sugar back in balance. I read through the 100 diet. Here is what concerned me - how can you eat all this high fat meat and cheese and stay healthy. I believe in having balance in my life. I used the GI Diet previously with success but then derailed myself. I decided that a New Year means getting into better health (permanently this time). My goal is to lose a minimum of 1 lb per week by counting calories, exercising and following the GI Diet. That diet gives you lists of foods that are Green (Free) Yellow (Use Caution) and Red (Don't). It advocated a balanced healthy diet combined with exercise and weight loss of about 1 lb per week. Fruit is allowed (most anyway). Whole Grains are advocated. Basmati Rice is allowed. The key is to eat frequently 3 meals, 3 snacks per day and avoid processed foods, fast foods and sugar. Fruit is allowed because the body processes it differently. The 100 diet is not for the people with cholesterol problems. Eggs, bacon, processed meat and fast foods should be avoided. I know if I tried the 100 diet I would lose weight but I would not be healthy. My reason for wanting to lose weight is health.
Nash7665 is offline   Reply With Quote