Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I love this Lindy! And count me as one who can absolutely say that I will never zumba as well.

Thank you for the flavors! I am definitely going to try the citrus ginger and lavender hibiscus.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Wowwee Lindy, your post just made my mouth water. Now I'm thirsty! Yum!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you say that you use Evap Cane Sugar? I was going to pick up the sugar at the WFS. Thanks! Also, do you use the big crock for your brew or what type of container?

Last edited by sunday; 06-29-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting question posted on PHD.

Question posted ~
Quote:
2 questions, Why am I sleepy after eating?- Doesn't matter what I eat, no carbs, low carbs etc. 2nd question-- Why do i crave sweets after I eat?
Jaminet Response~

Quote:
Sleepiness is generally a sign of high immune activity, it indicates a leaky gut, you are importing either food peptides or bacterial endotoxins from the gut after a meal and then your immune system gets super-busy clearing all the toxins. ... You want to work on improving digestion, getting vitamin A (liver) and sun (vitamin D) for mucosal immunity, joint stock / collagen for gut barrier integrity, probiotics (kimchi) and maybe resistant starch for improving gut flora.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014

Wow. That's fascinating, Sunday!
Hi everybody. Sorry to be such a read-and-run woman. Whacks of life going on.
Hope everybody's well.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Tatertot's Cookie Dough

I am going to try this w/ Bob's potato starch until I receive my banana flour. I will let you know how it works. I hope it is not too yummy.
I'm on the "list" for some banana flour too! I thought the pricing was going to be outrageous, but very similar to blanched almond/organic coconut flour. Well I had a great weekend, ended with peanut butter pie (I make dessert once a week for everyone). Truvia for sweetner, but still peanut butter, and a thin layer of hot fudge, did I mention to cookie crust I bought ..Other than the dumb pie that I feel guilty about I feel great.

Altho my energy has not been great, stressful week, sleep issues are always crazy...(7 youngins still at home and farm animals who misplace their calves and call for them all night long) BUT I have some adrenal support supplements I started taking so hopefully it will get better!

Upward and onward! smoothie, salad, and maybe potatoes for dinner join my hubby who is on his 3rd day of hacking...Lost 5 lbs. in 2 days! Men, hate them I hope everybody has a wonderful PhD kinda week!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sunday that's interesting. I always thought (for me) it was sugar/carb crash.

HIYA!! Kristin!!

Mama~ Peanut butter pie My goodness you have your hands full! And yes, Men! Why are these things so easy for them?? Seems like we women have to work harder at everything to get the same results.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey everybody!!!! Good to talk again.

Blonde, have you thought about kombucha or milk kefir for your husband's shingles. He might turn his nose up at them but truthfully I have been on both for 10 days or so and I have never felt so good. My energy level has gone up so much. And both of them have so much healing qualities in them. Just a thought.

Hi Kristin, glad to hear from you again. Last I heard you had just gotten back from Europe. Back to the grind?

Mama, I'm mid-60's and the kefir has a lot of soothing qualities in it so I'm finally sleeping good at night. I've had my days and nights swapped up for months. Usually went to sleep at 4 or 5 am and slept until 1 pm. Now for some reason I've totally turned it around. I'm in bed by 8 or 9 pm and sleep until 4 or 5 am. Much better!!!

Sunday, I thought I'd really screwed up on my kombucha. I have a 2.5 gallon container (white w/blue stripe) and I let it get almost empty without replacing with sweet tea. So I brought in my other jar I have brewing (needs 2 more days) and added it to the big container. Then I replaced my other scoby back in the jar and remade it. That way I'll always have some brewing at one point or another. I won't let myself get so lax next time. I should be able to drink it tonight or tomorrow.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and really racked up on meats and veggies. Everything was on sale. I bought enough meat for a month and a lot of veggies. Including daikon. My bill was $93. Of course the meat was not grass fed but we do what we can. I hit the store Sunday morning at 10 and got all the discounted meat. A LOT of cooking in store for me this week. I bought the daikon radish to ferment along with some jicama. Never tried it before. The jicama I did last week is just like water chestnuts in texture.

My beloved daughter, Aimee, is beyond thrilled at my extra energy. I have taken over most of the dinner cooking. She has been running a dog grooming salon and just started boarding also. A LOT of work but so fulfilling. We are truly happy campers. I guess that I have run on enough so y'all stay safe and be happy.
Closed Thread