Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey everybody, sorry I've been out of pocket for a couple of days. Weight went up 1 # to 227.2 but totally my fault for I ate homemade hamburgers w/ bun for 2 nights running. Ok, over that.

I've got KEFIR..... It took me a few tries to figure it out but it's good and filling and I had 8 oz for breakfast as a mini smoothie. I added 1 t raw honey and an egg yolk. I feel so virtuous.

The kombucha will be ready by tomorrow I think. I tried it today and it was a little sweet so I'll wait one more day. THEY say to strain it and put in a bottle with fruit and ginger and stopper it and ferment one more day. For the effervesance (sp) but you know, I like it a lot w/o all that. I may do that some but for regular I may just add fruit juice and serve. It's so good. I'm quite pleased. And with myself for having the courage to try it.

Hope everybody is doing well. Sunday hope you're better and getting some strength back. How much worse would it have been w/o your kombucha?

Blonde, when do you start your job? Good luck.

Mama, Cici, everybody, looking good!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Well, I have been reading about egg/meat fasting...please stop me from doing this if it is not good! I would love to be done with losing weight...I seem to be stuck in a rut all the time. Never losing, except for 3 day potato hacks. I gain it back, I'm up 4 lbs. one day down one...blah blah. Would love to be done and go into some kind of maintenance mode that is PhDish. I love this WOE, just not sure it is good for weight loss? I have been really feeling low energy, except today, being a second day of hack having more energy. I'm modifying it, as usual I have a keifer smoothie for am with berries, l-glutamine, stevia, and 2 T. milled chia seeds. Then on to potatoes 4 hours later. I do have coffee in the am with hwc. Any thoughts.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
[B] Slowsure!.
back Did you see the thread that your Healing Day inspired? JUDDD: WOE Switchers and Healers
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Mama, I see it as healthy as the potato hack, probably healthier. Once you knock off the extra pounds, try PHD w/ less protein, more veggies, keeping fat around 50%. You will see weight loss.

You may be at a set point which is where I seem to be, I lose weight and then it creeps back. I have been going up and down the same 4 lbs for about a month now. Except for my illness when I dumped 8 lbs, which I have already gained 1 lb back, so I am prepared to be back to where I started.

I find that when I stay with PHD, I feel better and don't eat the inflammatory foods. Remember what I said about our gut and weight loss? I am a real believer.

Kefir, kombucha, broth, starch, fermentation and gelatin. Then eat lots of good veggies that you love. Add the protein as a side. It seems that by the time I eat my 3 egg yolks and oysters, I am fine with just a small portion more of protein.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[quote]
Quote:
Oh honey, been there done that! If you can stand it, hot steamy showers help!
I hate the cough syrup more than I hate coughing. Hydrocodone is horrible.
I am surviving. Doc took new x-rays and my lungs look brand new. Ha! I have to laugh because I know I dodged a bullet, she said that she was very concerned when she saw my first x-rays. She even caused me panic.

Quote:
Been a busy bee lately sorry for the neglect. I wnated to say I got an eamil from my library this morning, my copy of The Perfect Health Diet is IN!!
LOVE to hear this!

I am making the creme de brulee tomorrow! I will let you know... I can't imagine it being anything but delish.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, I am following the kombucha group and I think I am going to try and make the perpetual kombucha. Have you tried this? I love the idea of having my batch constantly and just changing flavors individually. I am thinking of doing the citrus ginger and then maybe blueberry. And yes, I believe the kombucha and kefir could have kept the damage down from the nasty, nasty anti-biotics that I had to take.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
- Sunday - good news!!! I'm so glad you are doing better. Woot!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Well, after much thought and prayer, I really think PhD is where I need to be for optimum health, sustainability, and vitality. Sounds like a poster to me! I'm excited with my decision and I will read and re-read the first 2-3 posts on this to really understand what I am to do! I'm confused, and not real good with math (percentage of fats and carbs, etc.) I know it will work out, just not sure how it all works. Need to put it together in my mind. I know I have been overdoing protein - lots of greek yogurt, smoothies with protein powder, meat, eggs...I eat a big ol' salad everyday too. Hmmm. off to read before milking my goats
Old 06-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mama, Paul suggests lowering fats for weight loss. I believe the key for me was lowering the excess protein and fruit. I still have some type of fruit daily, but can't indulge. Oh, and the wine. I had to quit except for special occasions. It is not permanent, but until my last weight comes off. My body is sensitive to the wine, yours may not be.

PHD is 55% fat. I have been at 50% fat and was wanting to try the Keto PHD along with SlowSure, but have been watching another couple of women over on the PHD group that seem to do well with 45% fat/30%carb/25%protein. These particular women are our age (menopausal) and have been losing at the rate of 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. All I know that it seems to be working well for me as long as I keep an eye on the fat.

Last edited by sunday; 06-27-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Old 06-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I envy you for having fresh goat's milk. Do you make homemade kefir?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sunday, so happy to hear your ex-rays are clear! This is great news. Please report on the Creme Brulee, YUM. I got my book last night but I haven't cracked it yet. You'll never believe this, DH has SHINGLES again. One year to the month since the last outbreak. He's already started antivirals and we're praying it's not as bad as last time. We are both shocked.

Mama! So happy you started a path toward PHD.

Keytones How are you doing?

Slow Sure! No way!! I must check it out! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Slowsure that is awesome!!! You rock!!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yikes, Blonde - sorry to hear about the DH's shingles. I had a family member that was really bothered with this. I have heard to avoid nuts/seeds. I'm sure there is more to it than that, though.

I'm on the potato hack. I was trying to do McDougall but eating out too much like you would on vacation (lots of sushi pho and frozen yogurt) and really bloated up and put on some fat to boot. I'm debloating and posting results in the DD hack thread.

Have have you been?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Help for Shingles

Supps that help reduce inflammation of shingles. And foods to avoid!!!
Quote:
Lysine
Does he like mangoes? Clams?

Lysine can be found in foods or taken as a supplement. This amino acid can slow down or reduce the growth of the virus. It also can lower the intensity of flare-ups, aid in healing and suppress outbreaks. You can incorporate foods with lysine by eating fish, legumes, cheese, milk products and chicken. If you take lysine as a supplement, take more than 1,250 mg a day. Lysine also works well with foods containing zinc and vitamin C. Pair lysine-rich foods with citrus fruits, mangoes, figs, lamb, lobster, turkey and clams.

Vitamins B-6 and B-12

Vitamin B-6 helps support the immune system and healing. Take a supplement of B-6 three times a day or incorporate into your diet foods such as bananas, sweet potatoes and potatoes. In addition, take B-12 because it helps in nerve functions. The nerves need B-15 to create a protective myelin sheath that wraps around the nerves for insulation. The National Institute of Health recommends getting vitamin B-12 through clams, liver, trout, cereal, tuna, milk and yogurt. Eat a healthy diet that not only prevents shingles but also supports your immune system

AVOID!!!
Arginine

The semi-essential amino acid arginine can promote shingle outbreaks. The herpes virus must have arginine in the body to be able to replicate and cause rashes. Be sure your multivitamin does not contain arginine. Also, avoid arginine-rich foods such as nuts, chocolate, whole wheat, white bread, oats and brewer's yeast. Prevent your shingles from becoming active by taking out arginine from your diet.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I'm on the potato hack. I was trying to do McDougall but eating out too much like you would on vacation (lots of sushi pho and frozen yogurt) and really bloated up and put on some fat to boot. I'm debloating and posting results in the DD hack thread.

Have have you been?
WHAT IS WITH THAT? I love the flat belly you get from eating boiled potatoes how long are you hacking, and how often do you do it?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday thanks so much for the nutrition info regarding Shingles! We're hoping for a mild outbreak this time. He didn't have any symptoms before the rash appeared, not like last time. I'll propose the nutrition advice to him and hope he's receptive. He does like his bread.

Keytones, hi! I'm doin' okay, I've got a lot going on right now, trying to get a new job, apparently with the CIA, the way they're checking me out. Back to doing JUDDD with a PHD twist, watching the grand girls 4 days a week now that school is out and trying to stay cool during this heat wave in So Cal.

It's going to be so hot today I may finally get some reading done in the PHD book I just got from the library. I've been waiting over 6 weeks to get it. I still have another book under request but it's been so long I can't remember what it is.....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
WHAT IS WITH THAT? I love the flat belly you get from eating boiled potatoes how long are you hacking, and how often do you do it?
I probably did a proper potato hack for a month in February (with 2-3 off meals on the weekends) and dropped 20 pounds. Then I experimented with McDougall diet for a few months after that but found hunger and non-compliance a real problem.

This is my second run at a potato hack.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sunday thanks so much for the nutrition info regarding Shingles! We're hoping for a mild outbreak this time. He didn't have any symptoms before the rash appeared, not like last time. I'll propose the nutrition advice to him and hope he's receptive. He does like his bread.

Keytones, hi! I'm doin' okay, I've got a lot going on right now, trying to get a new job, apparently with the CIA, the way they're checking me out. Back to doing JUDDD with a PHD twist, watching the grand girls 4 days a week now that school is out and trying to stay cool during this heat wave in So Cal.

It's going to be so hot today I may finally get some reading done in the PHD book I just got from the library. I've been waiting over 6 weeks to get it. I still have another book under request but it's been so long I can't remember what it is.....
Wow, I would love a reading day! Meditation class tonight - i'm looking forward to it!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT, I love reading your experiences with potatoes! I still eat them almost every single day. Usually, with a bit of KG butter though.
Keeping my fingers crossed for great results w/ your hack!

Blonde, Hope you enjoy Perfect Health. I loaned my book and have yet to get it back, so I downloaded it, but have not figured out how to transfer to my kindle, so I will try and do that this weekend. I refer to the book all of the time, mainly because I need reminders. I am loving the way I feel, but in truth, I was not eating all that much prior to PHD that is considered toxic, so now I have simply balanced out my diet. The best thing I have done is dropping the grains and seed oils. And I have added supps that I now know the reason they are so vital to my health.

Well everyone, I am excited to get back to eating some of these new recipes. Has anyone ever made anything w/ buckwheat? It is not wheat and is gluten free. Going to make buckwheat waffles w/ blueberries.

Also, I am making my first batch of kombucha. Will let you know. Oh, and I have my very first ripe tomato! It isn't very big. Don't know why? I am addicted to tomatoes, asparagus, and zucchini. I think I overeat these but will try and make sure that I add more variety.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Lindy, I am following the kombucha group and I think I am going to try and make the perpetual kombucha. Have you tried this? I love the idea of having my batch constantly and just changing flavors individually. I am thinking of doing the citrus ginger and then maybe blueberry. And yes, I believe the kombucha and kefir could have kept the damage down from the nasty, nasty anti-biotics that I had to take.
Great news, Sunday. Love my continuous brewer. I just pour in prepared sweetened tea 2 qts every 4 or 5 days. This is after I pull off 2 qts and either bottle it or just put in fridge. I'm not that particular about the fizz and it's easier to just put in fridge and flavor it when I pour a glass. I use 4-5 tea bags (2 green, 2 black) with 1 cup of unprocessed cane sugar. Works for me.

I make my kefir smoothie with 8 oz kefir and 1 or 2 yolks and a little raw honey or cane sugar and vanilla. It can be added to a lot but I'm always in a hurry. One thing I'm really going to try is ginger. So good for you and healthy. My mentor Dave said to added ginger (juiced) liquid and it is so great with the kombucha.

Right now I have 2 batches of kombucha going. After I had ordered online, my local lady called and so I ordered one more scoby along with the milk kefir grains. So I have 2. My kefir grains are more trouble because she only sent 1 or 2 teaspoons of live cultures. And they don't grow as fast as the scoby. But I'll keep on going.

I have really been loving my life right now. So, okay, the weight loss is not much. 2 lbs this last month but I don't care. I'm healthier, livelier and more positive than I ever was on LC. I didn't loss any faster on that. Other than occasional bacon the only processed food I have is the canned wild salmon and oysters. Proud of that.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Your doin great lindy. Such an inspiration. I have killed my SCOBY the last Time I tried it o I'm tickin with raw goat milk Keifer until I dry them up! I don't like the fact you have to feed it sugar...can't get past that. I know the ferment. Process eats a lot of it, but still. I am going to buy the PhD book too for a reference. Do you think the site that rhymes with my ffitness tail would be accurate at percentages so I can try to food log? Do any of ya,all log food intake?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I probably did a proper potato hack for a month in February (with 2-3 off meals on the weekends) and dropped 20 pounds. Then I experimented with McDougall diet for a few months after that but found hunger and non-compliance a real problem.

This is my second run at a potato hack.
Are you gonna do it for a whole month this time? Ho are you preparing your taters?

Also oils my number Chang a far as percentages Sunday if I am not menoposal (which I am not)?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Are you gonna do it for a whole month this time? Ho are you preparing your taters?

Also oils my number Chang a far as percentages Sunday if I am not menoposal (which I am not)?
I think so. My joke is that I have to eat 600 potatoes to lose 30 pounds! Isn't that a weird thought? Lately I liked them peeled.

I'm putting them through the cuisinart slicer, baking until done, then topping with TJ fat free pizza sauce and back into the oven to finish.

I also like plain microwaved potatoes.

I have the cuisinart grill too for grilled potatoes but haven't done that lately. Maybe when it gets hot.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Your doin great lindy. Such an inspiration. I have killed my SCOBY the last Time I tried it o I'm tickin with raw goat milk Keifer until I dry them up! I don't like the fact you have to feed it sugar...can't get past that. I know the ferment. Process eats a lot of it, but still. I am going to buy the PhD book too for a reference. Do you think the site that rhymes with my ffitness tail would be accurate at percentages so I can try to food log? Do any of ya,all log food intake?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Mama,
Please go to the 7th one down on this link, that begins w/ Cron. I love it and it is free and it is fun!!!

Low Carb Friends Tools

I still log occasionally, so that I can see that I am indeed eating enough. I tend to stay so sated w/ PHD that I don't get enough calories in. Never in a million years would I have thought this to be true. I am serious!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I hope this works. This is perfect for Mama and all who need a quick reference guide for what to eat...

Well, it didn't work.

I think the only way to send this is by email and we can't give out our email address. I will try and copy a bit of it and paste.

Last edited by sunday; 06-28-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KeyTones and all who want to sup w/ RS. If you go to a site called We Do Gluten Free, they have Green Banana flour and I have placed an order!
I am very excited to make the cookie dough that Tatertot says that he eats for RS. From their site...

Quote:
WEDO banana flour is made from green plantain bananas, a staple food for many poor countries but rarely mentioned in the United States. These fruits are one of a handful of foods containing RS 2 , an important form of resistant starch. Resistant starches, unlike normal starches, are not digested in the small intestine, providing numerous benefits including preventing colon cancer and diabetes, promoting of weight loss, and boosting the immune system. Currently, western diets are getting only 3-7 grams of resistant starch each day, falling well short of the recommended amount of 15-20 grams (Brown 2004). WEDO Banana flour has 82 grams of RS 2 in each package, making it an essential addition to a healthy diet.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mama,

On Kombucha the sugar is fermented. The best explanation is ....

Quote:
The sugar in Kombucha is for the culture to consume, not for you. When done fermenting, there will be about 1-2 grams per 8 ounce glass of unflavored Kombucha. By contrast, an 8 ounce glass of orange juice has about 24g of sugar. Natural carrot juices have 13g per 8 ounces. If fermented longer, say for 2 weeks, sugar levels in Kombucha are even lower – Recommended for diabetics and others with low sugar tolerance.

Why does Kombucha need so much sugar?

Without sugar, Kombucha cannot ferment. Sucrose is most easy to digest by the yeasts; they consume the sugar and put out CO2 (carbon dioxide, i.e. the bubbles in your booch) & ethanol (alcohol).
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tatertot's Cookie Dough

Quote:
If you are looking for a snacky idea, I have been making cookie dough and freezing it in balls for easy snacking. I use plantain flour which is about 4g of RS per TBS.

I use 1 cup (16TBS) of plantain flour, 1 stick of slightly melted butter, sweetener of choice, splash of pure vanilla extract. Mash it all together and roll into 16 balls. Lay on wax paper in freezer until frozen, then store in a ziplock bag until eaten. You can add nuts, chocolate chips or whatever as well.
I am going to try this w/ Bob's potato starch until I receive my banana flour. I will let you know how it works. I hope it is not too yummy.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Walking

Okay, PHD friends. I am a walker/runner. It isn't for everyone. I admit that it has to be something you love. I walk and run. Sometimes, I run for 1 minute, but then walk for 5, and then repeat until I have walked 4 miles. It is my own HIIT. You don't have to do this, but I promise if you do, you will become addicted.
Next I will post a bit of info on weight training.

Benefits of walking...
Quote:
1. Fends off the #1 killer: Regular walkers have fewer heart attacks and strokes, have lower blood pressure, and have higher levels of healthy HDL cholesterol than couch sitters do. In one study of women, a regular walking program did just as much in the heart-protection department as more vigorous exercise did.

2. Changes your RealAge -- pronto: As little as 90 days after starting a regular walking program, its age-reducing effects can be measured. Find out your RealAge now.

3. Dims your chances of diabetes: Thirty minutes of walking a day makes your muscles more sensitive to insulin. That allows glucose to do its duty inside your cells rather than pile up in your bloodstream (that's what happens when you have diabetes) and cause other havoc.

4. Helps you kick the habit: Taking a daily 30-minute walk is one of the keys to the success of our YOU Can Quit plan. Even just a 5-minute walk cuts down on cigarette cravings -- it engages your brain's emotion centers, unleashing mood-enhancing hormones that decrease cravings and take your mind off that cigarette. And establishing a walking habit proves to you that you have the discipline to stick with your stop-smoking plan.

5. Slims you down: Burn more calories than you eat, and -- voila! You're wearing one-size-smaller clothes (find out just how many calories walking torches). Plus, walking can help squelch chocolate cravings and nix the stress and anxiety that often lead to overeating.

6. Keeps you sharp: Physical activity nourishes brain tissue and stimulates its production of neurons, synapses, and blood vessels. Some studies have found that walking can counter faltering memories in people over age 50.

7. Reduces stress: Anyone who has come back from a walk in a different frame of mind than they went out with can attest to this. Studies back up that walking benefits your mood -- and may even ward off depression and anxiety.

8. Revs up your energy: Not only can a walk perk you up when you need it, but also it helps improve the quality of your sleep, so you're more energetic all day long.

9. Boosts your immune system: Walking regularly can lower your risk of arthritis, macular degeneration, and even cancer by an astonishing 50% compared with people who don't exercise.

10. Keeps you going: Walking has the highest compliance rate of any exercise. Make your routine bulletproof: Get a buddy.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Hey everybody, hope you day is going well. I'm good. Weight down to 226.4 so it's coming.

By the way, Sunday, I can positively attest that I'll NEVER get addicted to running. Totally not my thing. I don't even like yardwork. ha
But I did find something you might be interested in. Concerning flavoring the "buch".

Black Cherry Ginger Flower
Puree fresh or frozen organic dark sweet cherries (I use 1/2-ish cherry per 16 oz. bottle). One small piece ginger (per 16 oz. bottle). One large pinch dried hibiscus flowers (per 16 oz. bottle).

Lemon Ginger Berry
Microplane or grate 2-3" of fresh ginger. Mix with zest and lemon of 1 whole lemon. Mix with 1/2 cup of berries, fresh or frozen, any kind or mix. Puree or mash.
Add 1-2 TB of mix to each 16 oz. bottle.

Ginger Heaven

Microplane or grate 3-4" of fresh ginger. Use 1-2TB per 16 oz bottle. Very gingery!

Simple Blueberry:
Add 5-6 blueberries cut in half.

Strawberry/pineapple:
Add 1medium cut organic strawberry and one 1" slice of pineapple.

Orange Coriander:
One tsp natural cane sugar, one tsp dried orange peel, half tsp coriander seeds.

Hibiscus:
One tsp natural sugar, one tsp dried Hibiscus flowers.

Huckleberry:
Four ounces of Huckle berry juice along with a few of the whole berries as well.

Lavender Hibiscus: One tsp natural cane sugar, 1/2 tsp Lavender flower & 1/2 tsp. Hibiscus flower.

Elderberry:
One tsp natural cane sugar, 1/2 tsp dried elderberries.

Watermelon Lime:
3 oz Watermelon Juice, 2-4 drops Lime Essential Oil.

Ginger-Carrot:
2 oz Carrot Juice, 1 oz Ginger juice.

Strawberry-Cardamom:
3 oz Strawberry Nectar or Puree, 2-4 Cardamom pods.

Fennel Clove Citrus:
For 15 to 16oz- 1/4 tsp fennel seed, 4 whole cloves, 2 strips of orange or tangerine peel (dried preferred but needs to be heavily scented even if it's not) and 1 bay leaf. Makes a really fizzy 2nd ferment.

Berry Lemon
Strawberry puree (1 oz) and fresh lemon peel (lots) makes a super fizzy, delicious 2nd ferment. Be sure to burp often. I've had the carbonation bend the bail on the bottle when opening. The texture of the strawberries changes. It's more coarse and mealy after a few days.

Strawberry-Basil
(for 12 oz bottle) puree one strawberry (fresh or frozen) and two sweet basil leaf. burp often! gets very fizzy. Also have tried with a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar. Very tasty.

Black Licorice

( For 12 oz bottle) Drop one Anise pod into KT and wait! (going to try this again next time around with ginger added to try for more fizz... will update then!)

Raspberry-Ginger
(for 34 oz bottle) I don't have exact measurements but i blend up a small handful of raspberries (fresh or frozen) with a small knob of ginger (about the size of my thumb) and pour into 3 - 34 oz bottles. very fizzy and delicious!

Vanilla Cream
(for 1 qt bottle) Split one vanilla bean lengthwise, exposing seeds, drop in bottle. Add one cinnamon stick, also split. Intense, rich vanilla flavor! ($ tip: buy vanilla pods by the pound on Amazon for great value so you can use them more liberally!)

White Grape, Peach w/ Ginger Slivers
(for 16 oz bottle) Add 1 tablespoon of concentrated White Grape, Peach juice concentrate (that has melted), then two-three slivers of crystallized ginger (sulfur-free). This makes a super-fizzy kombucha! Note: you can use a tablespoon any kind of natural frozen juice concentrate; use full-strength. I pour the leftover juice into a pint mason jar and re-freeze it until the next bottling time. Make sure you slice the crystallized ginger into small slivers, because they will swell up; a large chunk would get caught in the neck of the bottle... btw...the ginger taste GREAT!!!

These are just some of the suggestions from facebook. Love it.
Closed Thread