Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Okay, just consider for a minute. What if you decide to go for a jog and come home to unbearable back ache, only to find out that you are about to deliver a baby?!?!? You have no earthly idea that you are 9 months pregnant and to top it off, your hubbie had a vasectomy.

Yes, that is right!!! You are pregnant.

An aspiring half-marathon runner in Minnesota attributed her unbearable back pain to a two-hour training session. A day later, she was cradling a newborn.

Trish Staine, 33, says she had no idea she was pregnant before Monday's surprise birth. The Duluth mother of three said she hadn't gained any weight or felt fetal movement in the months before. And besides, her husband had a vasectomy.

"I said `no, no, that's impossible,' " Staine said Wednesday from her Duluth hospital room.

"I definitely thought I was done having kids," she joked. Staine and her husband, John, have a daughter, 7, and a son, 11. She's also stepmother to John's three boys, ages 17, 19 and 20.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...nt_n_3391515.h

oh my word!
And we think we have troubles.

When I got on the scales this morning I was hoping for the loss of the other lb I gained this week. Can you believe, 2 lbs.. Lowest weight ever. 228. I started over in March at 240. This was down from last Sept. at 265. Woohoo!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
. :This is the BCAA that I have been taking every morning w/ workout and love it! MRM BCAA + G 1000
I even mix in a bit of Bob's Red Mill RS.
I've found a relatively affordable source for this in the UK. It may take a whole but I'll be able to try this out - just as well as it will certainly take me a lot longer to adjust to the increased fat/MCT oil than I initially thought.

It's not serious but I have a nuisance injury to a thigh from a kayaking mishap yesterday. It might take a few weeks or months to heal properly.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:
Thanks friends!

The doc says that we caught it in the nick of time. He would have been in trouble and needed hospitalization if we hadn't gone in to have x-rays. DH thought that he possibly may have contracted the bug when he was cleaning the storm cellar before the tornadoes arrived. He sprayed a bug/spider bomb and then he went down in the cellar to sweep the webs etc. He felt that he may have breathed in some type of fungus or bacteria. He has bacterial pneumonia. They told me that it is contagious. I am washing my hands constantly.

One more golden nugget from the PHD site. Gelatin is excellent for folks who have trouble with insomnia.

She linked an article from Ray Peat's blog and this portion~
Oh, wow - I wouldn't think about catching pneumonia from sweeping up...yikes, contagious! yes, do treat DH like nuclear waste and avoid catching!!!

how is he doing?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
And we think we have troubles.

When I got on the scales this morning I was hoping for the loss of the other lb I gained this week. Can you believe, 2 lbs.. Lowest weight ever. 228. I started over in March at 240. This was down from last Sept. at 265. Woohoo!!!!
New low! Yay!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I watched the marathon runner pregnancy story on CNN. Poor thing, she really didn't know.

(The link didn't work when I tried it).
Old 06-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thanks KT. I wish I could have seen her story. Anyway, I am very sympathetic to her, I didn't mean to portray any other way. I have a good friend who had an oopsie when she was 45. I still feel just nothing but sympathy for anyone who is pregnant and doesn't know.

My DH is slowly coming around. He sure needs lots of extra care and I am feeling a bit over anxious about it. He is 10 years older than I and so I know that it takes a big toll on our health as we age. I know this may seem weird, but I really have not been sick in over a year, and I have become almost obsessed with trying to keep my distance. Lots of sanitary wipes and anti-bacterial soap. So, when he coughs in the same room that I am in, I try not to breathe. I am praying that my excellent health, plus sirtuins will help protect me.

He will not eat liver or drink bone broth, so I am just trying to motivate him to take his own soup and drink lots of fluids.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 06-09-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy! Amazing! Good for you!

SlowSure, I am sorry to hear this! You are very athletic or so it seems from your words. I wish that I knew how to kayak. I would probably hurt myself much worse. I have to stick with very basic sports. And even then, I am a clutz.

I am thrilled that you were able to find the BCAAs. I wonder why everything is so difficult to find across the pond? I feel weary when I have to drive across the city to find something, so I really feel terrible for all of you in the UK.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday - I didn't think you weren't unsympathetic. It is weird that she didn't notice since she had been pregnant before. She said she has a belly anyway, the baby didn't kick or move around like the others, and she had been training for the marathon and didn't gain weight. She thinks now she really lost weight that the baby was replacing and she really didn't see anything.

SlowSure - sorry to hear about your injury!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Today I think I ate healthier than ever.
B / Kind dk choc and nuts bar, coffee w/ hwc
L / 1/2 gr beef pattie, 1/2 med baked potato, sugar snap peas
D / 4 oz sauteed chicken livers w/ onions, garlic and butter, sauteed spinach in butter, tomato
Totals 1025 cal
70 fat
47 carb
57 protein
Not quite finished. Need 300 or so more cals. A nice snack maybe. Rice?
What a lifestyle!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hi,ho. Jusr thought of a couple things to share.

1) When making my liver pate, I stirred in some PS to the pate. Although I coild taste it a bit before refridgerating, it disappeared in the cooled pate.

2) Yummy breakfast soup - Bone broth, recooked egg whites sliced very thin loke noodles, 1/2 c frizen chopped spinach (if you dont have fresh on hand), a few bits of seaweed to taste, whatever seasoning you are in the mood for. You could add almost anything, really. Just warm the soup without boiling.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Hi,ho. Jusr thought of a couple things to share.

1) When making my liver pate, I stirred in some PS to the pate. Although I coild taste it a bit before refridgerating, it disappeared in the cooled pate.

2) Yummy breakfast soup - Bone broth, recooked egg whites sliced very thin loke noodles, 1/2 c frizen chopped spinach (if you dont have fresh on hand), a few bits of seaweed to taste, whatever seasoning you are in the mood for. You could add almost anything, really. Just warm the soup without boiling.
Cici, I hide the PS in my cold tea even.
I wondered if anyone else has noticed any extra stamina from the PS? One more thought, I haven't checked back with the PHD thread, but I did stumble onto quite a bit of info about RS being very good for blood sugar and especially w/ diabetes. I think it is really amazing, that one very cheap or low cost food item could be so helpful in a variety of ways healthwise.

Lindy,
I am sorry, but I keep forgetting to weigh. And, I have been not eating well and certainly not enough. Just don't have the appetite. I get my 3 yolks in and definitely try my best to eat just PHD, just don't feel like cooking or prepping right now.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I said I would be back with good info on RS and benefits. First, if you have a bit of free time, please stop by and read Stephan Guyenet's blog, Whole Health Source! He is right up there with Paul Jaminet and Chris Kresser as one of my fav health fanatics! Stephan conducts research on obesity and the regulation of body fat by the brain at the University of Washington. In his spare time, he reads, writes, and speaks about obesity, metabolism, nutrition, and health. Whole Health Source is a free resource he publishes to communicate science to the public. Stephan has a B.S. in biochemistry from the University of Virginia in 2002, and a Ph.D. in neurobiology from the University of Washington in 2009.

This is from his blog entitled ~ Butyric Acid: an Ancient Controller of Metabolism, Inflammation and Stress Resistance

Quote:
Butyrate Suppresses Inflammation in the Gut and Other Tissues

In most animals, the highest concentration of butyrate is found in the gut. That's because it's produced by intestinal bacteria from carbohydrate that the host cannot digest, such as cellulose and pectin. Indigestible carbohydrate is the main form of dietary fiber.

It turns out, butyrate has been around in the mammalian gut for so long that the lining of our large intestine has evolved to use it as its primary source of energy. It does more than just feed the bowel, however. It also has potent anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. So much so, that investigators are using oral butyrate supplements and butyrate enemas to treat inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. Investigators are also suggesting that inflammatory bowel disorders may be caused or exacerbated by a deficiency of butyrate in the first place.

Butyrate, and other short-chain fatty acids produced by gut bacteria**, has a remarkable effect on intestinal permeability. In tissue culture and live rats, short-chain fatty acids cause a large and rapid decrease in intestinal permeability. Butyrate, or dietary fiber, prevents the loss of intestinal premeability in rat models of ulcerative colitis. This shows that short-chain fatty acids, including butyrate, play an important role in the maintenance of gut barrier integrity. Impaired gut barrier integrity is associated with many diseases, including fatty liver, heart failure and autoimmune diseases (thanks to Pedro Bastos for this information-- I'll be covering the topic in more detail later).

Butyrate's role doesn't end in the gut. It's absorbed into the circulation, and may exert effects on the rest of the body as well. In human blood immune cells, butyrate is potently anti-inflammatory***.

Butyrate Increases Resistance to Metabolic and Physical Stress

Certain types of fiber reduce atherosclerosis in animal models, and this effect may be due to butyrate production produced when the fiber is fermented. Fiber intake was associated with lower blood markers of inflammation in the Women's Health Initiative study, and has been repeatedly associated with lower heart attack risk and reduced progression of atherosclerosis in humans. Butyrate also sharply reduces the harmful effects of type 1 diabetes in rats, as does dietary fiber to a lesser extent.

Butyrate increases the function and survival of mice with certain neurodegenerative diseases. Polyglutamine diseases, which are the most common class of genetic neurodegenerative diseases, are delayed in mice treated with butyrate (1, 2, 3). Many of you have probably heard of Huntington's disease, which is the most common of the class. I did my thesis on a polyglutamine disease called SCA7, and this is the first suggestion I've seen that diet may be able to modify its course.

Yet another interesting finding in the first paper I discussed: mice treated with butyrate were more cold-resistant than the comparison group. When they were both placed in a cold room, body temperature dropped quite a bit in the comparison group, while it remained relatively stable in the butyrate group, despite the fact that the butyrate group was leaner****. This was due to increased heat production in the butyrate group.
Ed (reader of Whole Health) says~

[begin quote]
First up, Wikipedia on Butyric Acid. Things I note:

Quote:
Butanoate is produced as end-product of a fermentation process solely performed by obligate anaerobic bacteria. Fermented Kombucha "tea" includes butyric acid as a result of the fermentation. This fermentation pathway was discovered by Louis Pasteur in 1861. Examples of butanoate-producing species of bacteria:
Clostridium acetobutylicum
Clostridium butyricum
Clostridium kluyveri
Clostridium pasteurianum
Fusobacterium nucleatum
Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens
Eubacterium limosum
[end quote]

[begin quote]
Highly-fermentable fibers like resistant starch, oat bran, and pectin are transformed by colonic bacteria into short chain fatty acids including butyrate. One study found that resistant starch consistently produces more butyrate than other types of dietary fiber. [ref: Cummings JH, Macfarlane GT, Englyst HN. Prebiotic digestion and fermentation. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2001;73(suppl):415S-20S.]
[end quote]

Next up, Nutrition Data (I believe butyric acid is noted as 4:00) Foods highest in 4:00 per 100-gram serving. Here is a selection out of the top 15:

Rank Food Name
1 Roast beef spread 4:00: 6399mg
2 Butter oil, anhydrous 4:00: 3226mg
3 Butter, salted 4:00: 3226mg
8 Cheese, goat, hard type 4:00: 1784mg
9 Cheese, parmesan, grated 4:00: 1510mg
11 Cheese, goat, semisoft type 4:00: 1496mg
13 Cheese, romano 4:00: 1355mg
15 Cream, fluid, heavy whipping 4:00: 1200mg

Now, Kefir isn't listed in the database at all. What the heck is Roast Beef Spread? I've never heard of that.

Searching for butyrate on Amazon produces a handful of supplements, typically with calcium and magnesium
No wonder, I can't get enough Parmesan and butter.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #103
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Oh, wow - I wouldn't think about catching pneumonia from sweeping up...yikes, contagious! yes, do treat DH like nuclear waste and avoid catching!!!

how is he doing?

Doug Kauffman says that is the way to get fungus into the system too. He is the "Know the Cause" dude. And the cause for everything is fungus. Sweeping dust and debris is the way to get it. My DH can get an asthma attack the same way. I don't know why he doesn't insist the boys do the yard work. Has him hurting for days afterwards, even if he wears a mask.

Sunday--speaking of my husband, do you have any thoughts on this :

My husband's foray into JUDDD
Old 06-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Doug Kauffman says that is the way to get fungus into the system too. He is the "Know the Cause" dude. And the cause for everything is fungus. Sweeping dust and debris is the way to get it. My DH can get an asthma attack the same way. I don't know why he doesn't insist the boys do the yard work. Has him hurting for days afterwards, even if he wears a mask.

Sunday--speaking of my husband, do you have any thoughts on this :

My husband's foray into JUDDD
Hey I just answered there! So good to hear that he is getting his health looked after!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #105

Thanks. Just wanted to know what other asthmatics do on JUDDD when they don't need to lose weight. He literally feels better when no food is in his stomach, but he needs to eat! We all need to.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you think he would be able to fast 16 hours and eat 8? Most of the time, Jaminet only fasts 2 days a week, because he doesn't need to lose weight.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Sunday. I like Stephan G and that is interesting information about RS.

I'm trying to think through the best timing for the PS supplementation. I would like to delay it on DD so that I don't break my fast until the afternoon and derive the benefit of the MCT oil boosted coffee. Maybe I could take it all just before bed time on DD and reduce it to 2Tbsp rather than 4Tbsp on UD.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SlowSure,

Tatertot takes all of his RS in the evening, but not real close to bed time. I will go find his story and post here.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #109

Quote:
Do you think he would be able to fast 16 hours and eat 8? Most of the time, Jaminet only fasts 2 days a week, because he doesn't need to lose weight.
His worse time for breathing is when he is trying to lay down at night to sleep. That is when he feels the most pressure and most constriction. He would love to eat nothing all day and then eat a big meal at night. However, he cannot sleep if he does that. I am guessing if he wants to eat within a window he will not be able to eat dinner with us as he would prefer to go to bed on an empty stomach. And he doesn't allow himself time for breakfast. He really likes to have nothing in his stomach---that is when his breathing is best.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #110

Quote:
SlowSure,

Tatertot takes all of his RS in the evening, but not real close to bed time. I will go find his story and post here.
I take my 1 TBL in the AM and then 1 at night time, close to bed time.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, Are you saying that he just began having asthma recently? If he doesn't have any other health issues and it all of a sudden began, that concerns me. I really think he has become allergic or sensitive to something.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For anyone interested in reading a wonderful PHD success story! Tatertot posted this on PHD site in answer to me asking him if he knew that some of our PHD were curious and inquiring, "Who is Tatertot?"
He has become a celebrity.

Quote:
No Facebook account, but you can post this over there if you like:

Greetings! I’m Tim Steele, aka ‘tatertot’ from North Pole, Alaska–a small town near Fairbanks, 150 miles south of the Arctic Circle. Our long Winters make eating and being healthy a real struggle. The tendency is to eat your way through the cold months and hopefully burn it off in the midnight sun of Summer–but it doesn’t usually work that way. One of my favorite summer activities is working in my large garden, growing nearly a ton of potatoes every year. It’s sad to think I spent nearly 2 years avoiding potatoes because they didn’t fit my low-carb plan.

In 2009, I was a 44 year old guy, 5’10 and 250 pounds. Full blown metabolic syndrome poster-child with pre-diabetes, fatty liver, high cholesterol, bp, and trigs along with some other typical met-syn issues.

I was on a handful of pills a day and my doctor kept telling me to eat healthy grains, no red meat or eggs, and exercise at least an hour a day at 50% of max heart rate or more. A year of this and I was just as fat, just as sick, and hungry all the time.

I found the Primal Blueprint at Mark’s Daily Apple in 2010 and within 6 months of following it, I was down to 190 pounds and off all of my meds. I was eating low-carb, almost zero starch, and eventually got down to 165lbs. However, I was still troubled with high fasting blood glucose and sleep wasn’t so great.

I received the new PHD book as a Christmas gift last year, and immediately added a big serving of rice, potatoes, plantains, or squash to my daily eating plan, other than that, I was already eating very close to the PHD. I started the year at 172lbs, and have stayed effortlessly between 170 and 173 for the last 6 months. I gained a few pounds during the first month and cut back a bit on some of the fats I was adding and everything evened out nicely. Within a few weeks, I was sleeping much better and my fasting blood glucose had dropped from 130 to 110.

I was intrigued by the idea of Resistant Starch as mentioned in the PHD and did some digging.
In early April, I started adding 4TBS (about 20-30g of RS) of potato or plantain starch to my daily eating, usually in the evening with a low calorie smoothy. Raw, unmodified potato starch contains about 8g RS per TBS and Plantain Flour contains about 5g per TBS. Almost immediately, my fasting blood glucose fell into the 85-95 range, down from 110-120 on PHD foods, and 120-130 on Low Carb. I also found that adding 1TBS of potato starch to the sour cream I put on a baked potato caused the post-prandial glucose spike to be about 60 points lower and last half as long as eating a plain baked potato!

As to the future, I’m not sure how I will proceed long-term. I sent off for a test kit from the American Gut Project to get my gut flora tested while I’m supplementing with potato starch because a lot of people are interested and it has never been done. Once I see where my gut microbiome is, I plan to cut back and keep an eye on my blood sugar and sleep quality until I find a good minimum dose. I’m thinking it will end up being 1-2TBS a day added to a cold food or drink while specifically targeting foods high in RS and fermentable fibers.

This entire Resistant Starch experiment has been a real eye-opener and quite a fun rabbit hole. Any talk about RS is so intertwined with gut health, dietary fiber, FOS, inulin, SCFA, butyrate, colon health, and gut microflora, that it is hard to be so myopic about RS as I was at first.

I think that Paul’s PHD recommendations are perfectly fine in terms of RS/fiber/gut health for most people, but for those recovering from metabolic syndrome or anyone wanting to boost the potential benefits of a higher fiber diet, targeting RS and even adding a bit every day is easy and cheap.

Adding lots of fiber may not be recommended for people with digestive problems as Paul talked about here: *(can't post link, but you can find it no PHD site) and it will cause a bit of flatulence if added too fast and at higher levels until gut flora have fully adapted to the new food source.

I think the biggest case for supplementing with RS in the form of potato starch or plantain flour is that it fills the “Fiber Gap” File:American Fiber Intake Gap.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a well-documented term for the lack of fiber in Westernized diets. Even the PHD, unless specifically targeting RS-rich foods, is on the low end of fiber recommendations. Adding RS foods or supplementing is an easy and cheap way to increase your fiber intake without eating pounds of roughage, legumes, lentils, or grain.

Sorry I don’t have a Facebook account–I already spend too much time on the computer according to my wife, Jackie. If you have any questions, I’m subscribed to this comment thread that I hi-jacked from Paul a while back: Go to Everything You Might Want To Know about Potatoes on PHD.
Take care!

Last edited by sunday; 06-10-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SlowSure,
I just went and looked at the "nutrition label" on BRM and it says 40 cals - and zero protein, all fiber, so you can take it in the morning and it will not break your fast.
I was worried for a minute there, because I have been taking it with my ACV cocktail upon waking.

Last edited by sunday; 06-10-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #114

Quote:
Dawn, Are you saying that he just began having asthma recently? If he doesn't have any other health issues and it all of a sudden began, that concerns me. I really think he has become allergic or sensitive to something.
Yes. He had it really bad when he was a child. But then it "went away" as he grew up. Now it is coming back. It has been coming back for a while, but it is now to the stage where he is having a lot of trouble. His doctor at first was treating him for bronchitis, pneumonia, other lung issue, but then said he believed his asthma had come back. But those inhalers just made things worse for him. He could not sleep, his heart would race so bad he had to wean himself off the inhalers, as the doc prescribed several different kinds. That is when he went to the internet for looking for alternatives. He has been off the inhalers for about 2 years now. We do know that dust and grass will make his breathing worse--just like our 7 year old. He just won't stop vacuuming and cutting grass though, stubborn as he is. So, long story short, his asthma has returned. And he has seen a specialist here too. Nothing new to do though.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,
I couldn't handle the inhalers and know exactly what he is going through. I really think fasting in some form or fashion will help him tremendously. I am not sure about losing weight, but one thing that I know, he will probably be smart to eliminate one food at a time and see if it helps. My son is very allergic to grass and wears a mask when he mows. Men are stubborn though. I understand!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just went and looked at the "nutrition label" on BRM and it says 40 cals - and zero protein, all fiber, so you can take it in the morning and it will not break your fast. .
My label says it's carbohydrate with no dietary fibre. I've just taken a look at the BRM site information and it also says that it's 10g of carbohydrate per 1Tbsp serving of 12g with no dietary fibre listed and contains 40kcals.

This resistant starch is very odd. I wonder if the labels vary by region and that in countries or regions where there isn't a separate category then because PS isn't typical dietary fibre although it behaves like one, RS maybe has to be listed as a normal carbohydrate. Either that or the expectation is that it will be cooked or heated such that its RS content would largely be inactivated and converted to 'normal' starch.

Maybe BRM wasn't expecting a wave of people to be taking this raw.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope your hubby is feeling better, Sunday. Thanks for the Tatertot post. All very interesting.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday, I so hope that your DH continues to improve and that he does so without you developing his illness as it sounds debilitating - especially in conjunction with the recent tornado disruption.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday - thank you for the RS and tatertot posts. Hope your husband is feeling better!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Yes. He had it really bad when he was a child. But then it "went away" as he grew up. Now it is coming back. It has been coming back for a while, but it is now to the stage where he is having a lot of trouble. His doctor at first was treating him for bronchitis, pneumonia, other lung issue, but then said he believed his asthma had come back. But those inhalers just made things worse for him. He could not sleep, his heart would race so bad he had to wean himself off the inhalers, as the doc prescribed several different kinds. That is when he went to the internet for looking for alternatives. He has been off the inhalers for about 2 years now. We do know that dust and grass will make his breathing worse--just like our 7 year old. He just won't stop vacuuming and cutting grass though, stubborn as he is. So, long story short, his asthma has returned. And he has seen a specialist here too. Nothing new to do though.
Sorry to hear - my boyfriend has asthma. Have you ever seen this - his throat constricted while eating once - scared me and the waitress. Yikes. It was Thai/Asian fusion. Delicious place near my house, but I'm not taking him back there!

I wonder what diet is best for asthma.
Closed Thread