Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Happy Monday....ugh, who am I kidding? I vote we pass on Mondays!! Made it through the weekend without a huge gain, and today is DD some I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another week of losing!!

5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
HaleysNana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning to all!

Looks like everyone is positive! I'm back to low carb and a fast day today. We had our special meal this weekend and I have a water gain but I wonder if that isn't a true weight but whatever, back to low carb where it's safe

Home repairs this week, outside painting etc so it's going to be noisy and busy around here.

Good wishes to all!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I was going to do a DD today but I woke up so tired from not sleeping well that I needed an iced coffee this morning. I'll take it easy on the eating today and will try to make it more of a MD (medium day) and then do a DD tomorrow.

I'm sure my weight is up after the weekend but I didn't get on the scale because I knew I'd be discouraged. Hopefully I will see another loss at the end of the week.

I'm going to start doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred workout today (again). I've tried it a few times but never got past the first level (I just get lazy and give up). I was reading some forums elsewhere and found some before & after result photos from people doing 30DS and they inspired me to get off my butt and give it another shot.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I was going to do a DD today but I woke up so tired from not sleeping well that I needed an iced coffee this morning. I'll take it easy on the eating today and will try to make it more of a MD (medium day) and then do a DD tomorrow.

I'm sure my weight is up after the weekend but I didn't get on the scale because I knew I'd be discouraged. Hopefully I will see another loss at the end of the week.

I'm going to start doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred workout today (again). I've tried it a few times but never got past the first level (I just get lazy and give up). I was reading some forums elsewhere and found some before & after result photos from people doing 30DS and they inspired me to get off my butt and give it another shot.
I'm always up on Mondays. i was up 1.8 but i don't sweat it. I got in two amazing workouts this weekend so i know im covered. Mondays are always fast days for me to get that weekend bloat off asap!

the 30 days shred is great. i would recommend taking your measurements as your most likely not going to see huge results scale wise but your body will definitely get smaller inches wise. I got to days 21 before i got sick and then i didn't restart it. thats the furthest i'd gotten
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Not sure if i posted my results from last week but i managed to lose 3 lbs between weigh ins, if only i could do that every week... this week im just shooting for two lbs!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I'm always up on Mondays. i was up 1.8 but i don't sweat it. I got in two amazing workouts this weekend so i know im covered. Mondays are always fast days for me to get that weekend bloat off asap!

the 30 days shred is great. i would recommend taking your measurements as your most likely not going to see huge results scale wise but your body will definitely get smaller inches wise. I got to days 21 before i got sick and then i didn't restart it. thats the furthest i'd gotten
I used to do Monday DD's but found that because we don't really eat "meals" on weekends (that's something we really need to work on!) and end up doing a lot of grazing that I am starving on Mondays. I do better with DD's if I eat a real meal the night before.

I read that a lot about 30DS. Measurement improvement but not much scale loss. So, yeah, I'll definitely take measurements and I think I'm going to take photos too. (As scary as that will be! But hey, I'm the only one that has to see them.)

Great job on your loss!!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

We did the 30DS for about 3 weeks, then went on a vacation to Scotland and just never started back...thanks for the reminder! it is a great (and brutal) workout!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I used to do Monday DD's but found that because we don't really eat "meals" on weekends (that's something we really need to work on!) and end up doing a lot of grazing that I am starving on Mondays. I do better with DD's if I eat a real meal the night before.

I read that a lot about 30DS. Measurement improvement but not much scale loss. So, yeah, I'll definitely take measurements and I think I'm going to take photos too. (As scary as that will be! But hey, I'm the only one that has to see them.)

Great job on your loss!!
oh i could see how that could happen. mondays are easier for me as i eat more on the weekends. now thursdays are VERY difficult lol!

thank you!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #219

RE: Brutal workout...

It is tough, but I like that it's only 20 minutes.

I'm so bad with working out. I can't stick to anything. I have this all or nothing attitude. I feel like I should be doing longer workouts but don't want to so then I think why bother at all. Dumb, I know. If I just stuck with SOMETHING I'm sure I would see at least some results.

This time around I'm going to try for consistency instead of time length. Hopefully I can make exercising a habit & then work on adding additional work outs.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #220

Quote:
oh i could see how that could happen. mondays are easier for me as i eat more on the weekends. now thursdays are VERY difficult lol!

thank you!
I agree with the Thursday DD! My first one of the week is usually easier too.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Not sure if i posted my results from last week but i managed to lose 3 lbs between weigh ins, if only i could do that every week... this week im just shooting for two lbs!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
thanks!! would have been even more impressive if i hadn't started out the week up 1.8, but what can you do... wish we weren't so nit picky with ourselves!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #223

Level 1 Day 1 of 30 DS is done! I forgot how tough it is especially when starting over! I also walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill at work on my lunch break.

Oh goodness though. I took my measurements and didn't realize how many inches I've gained! Yeah, my pants have felt a little tighter but until I saw it on paper I didn't realize how bad the numbers really were. And the before pics were downright scary! Every time I think about giving up on the workouts I need to look at those pics!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Well done!

Quote:
Level 1 Day 1 of 30 DS is done! I forgot how tough it is especially when starting over! I also walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill at work on my lunch break.

Oh goodness though. I took my measurements and didn't realize how many inches I've gained! Yeah, my pants have felt a little tighter but until I saw it on paper I didn't realize how bad the numbers really were. And the before pics were downright scary! Every time I think about giving up on the workouts I need to look at those pics!
Well done on working out! Your muscles could be retaining water, hence the increase in inches... I would stick it out maybe a week or two, and see how you go. I like your attitude, I've got some pictures of myself at a thin and a much much bigger stage in life, and I tend to use them as motivation too! Again, well done on starting your fitness regime!!!!!

Everyone else, I hope you are all well!

Had my DD yesterday, and dropped another 1.1lbs, so a total of 10lbs in under 6 weeks! Very happy with the results so far, and I'm motivated to keep going now! Even with only around 9lbs lost, my mother commented on my weightloss, which was nice! My sister noticed too! I'm hoping to amaze them by the end of August, when I'm going over to see my parents again

Today is an UD, so here's the menu:

B: bulletproof coffee, small can of tuna in olive oil (mix oil in tuna), a slice of cheese.
L: Ceasar's salad with grilled feta cheese, hold the croutons
D: don't know yet, but in this weather I guess the BBQ is going to be in use. I'll definitely add some home grown bell peppers and tomatoes!

Have a great day everyone!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good fast day yesterday! Jumped on the scale today and I'm the same as I was last Thursday. That's good considering how I ate Friday, Saturday & Sunday! I'm hoping to be down a couple more for a new low by the end of the week.

I'll have a good UD today as I have a lot of activity planned. I'm going to boot camp this morning & then I'm walking 9 holes of golf after work. Lots of calories burned!

Have a good Tuesday everyone!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Well done!

Well done on working out! Your muscles could be retaining water, hence the increase in inches...

Had my DD yesterday, and dropped another 1.1lbs, so a total of 10lbs in under 6 weeks! Very happy with the results so far, and I'm motivated to keep going now! Even with only around 9lbs lost, my mother commented on my weightloss, which was nice! My sister noticed too! I'm hoping to amaze them by the end of August, when I'm going over to see my parents again
Well, I wish I could blame it on water retention but I know it's because I've been a total slacker & just packed on more pounds and inches. It's time to do something about it! Thanks for the encouragement!

Way to go with your loss! You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Good fast day yesterday! Jumped on the scale today and I'm the same as I was last Thursday. That's good considering how I ate Friday, Saturday & Sunday! I'm hoping to be down a couple more for a new low by the end of the week.
Great news about staying the same over the weekend! I'm hoping to get to that point sometime.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/123-125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Finished my Potato Hack DD and down -1.6 but usually I drop more from a regular DD. I am glad to know I didn't gain and I was full and not hungry at all. But to be honest I'm not convinced yet. I will finish the hack and do 2 more UD & then Thurs a regular DD for me. My big indicator will be my weigh in on Friday and how next week goes. Hoping not to see my regular big fluctuations and a continued downward trend. Last week my # was 126.8 so hoping this Friday I see a much lower number, keeping my fingers crossed

I'm glad I am trying it since it's helped me overcome my fear of trying new things but just not simething I will likely incorporate routinely.
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
5/23 - 154.8
Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
I REALLY enjoyed my UD yesterday. I did keep track of my calories and I didn't go over my TDEE, so I guess I'll be ok. Today will end up being more of a MD. I'm going to wait till 2PM and then have a Greek yogurt with some oat bran stirred into it. Then we're going out for dinner tonight. I already have a plan in place for that, so I won't go overboard.

I took this morning off boot camp. Time to give the old body a break. I think I'll go out for a little walk on my lunch break today, but that will be the only exercise I get today.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, I wish I could blame it on water retention but I know it's because I've been a total slacker & just packed on more pounds and inches. It's time to do something about it! Thanks for the encouragement!
Lol! Well, I hope you'll see the inches disappear very soon! With all that you are doing, it will probably be sooner rather than later! Cheering you on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hoping not to see my regular big fluctuations and a continued downward trend. Last week my # was 126.8 so hoping this Friday I see a much lower number, keeping my fingers crossed
Keeping my fingers crossed for you too, and sending good thoughts for a whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysNana View Post
5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
5/23 - 154.8
Looking good, those numbers, keep up the great work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I REALLY enjoyed my UD yesterday. I took this morning off boot camp. Time to give the old body a break. I think I'll go out for a little walk on my lunch break today, but that will be the only exercise I get today.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.
LOL! I love my UD's as well! Sometimes it's good to take a break from strenuous exercise, it helps the body recover and build muscle.

Well hope everyone is doing well! I'm fine, just really busy at work! I'm on a DD today, so not much to report so far!

Have a good day everyone,

xxx Mims
Old 07-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Congrats on the weight losses, exercise, and feeling good

We still have lots of busy and noise with the home repairs but I'm feeling good and holding okay weight wise. I had a hamburger yesterday, now back to basics again.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2 of PH done & down -1.4. Not bad losses for 2 days 3 lbs. Today doing Day 3 and still not sure if I will finish it off tomorrow. It all depends on what I see next week on the scale if I can say this was a total success.

It's weird but I can't complain but I guess I was expecting more dramatic losses I get bigger drops from a regular CD or doing FF. But to be honest I get huge bounce back from both. Feeling OK & not hungry though last night before bed I felt a little off. Hard to explain just not 100 %. It's not bad per se but not something I am enjoying, weird to explain.

Tomorrow is my regular DD anyway so that's why I'm undecided if to have a regular 500 calortie DD or finish the 4th day of the PH.

here are my numbers :

7/19 126.8 DD 7/19
7/20 127.4
7/21 128.4
7/22 130.0 DD PH
7/23 128.4 -1.6 PH
7/24 127.0 -1.4 PH

So if I can get below my last DD and anywhere in the 125ish it will be a successful PH & then if next week I can see the downward trend continue and not such big fluctuations
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
5/23 - 154.8
5/24 - 154.2

Slowly but surely? Hoping to see 153 by Friday.

Sounds like everyone is doing good this week!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #234

Looks like everyone is doing well!

Made it through my DD yesterday. I do find them tough especially when I'm not busy at work and have more time to think about food & hunger. I still haven't weighed at all this week. Last week I was still up a bit (after the weekend) even after my 1st DD of the week but then lost after the 2nd so I decided to wait until Friday morning to weigh in at all this week.

I did day 2 of level 1 of 30DS last night. I thought it might be more difficult since it was a DD but it wasn't any tougher than the first day. Except I was a little sore from the first day. I was going to do 4 days in a row this week but my calves & arms are sore today so I think I need to take a break from it today. I'll do some treadmill work instead today and do Shred tomorrow again.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysNana View Post
5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
5/23 - 154.8
5/24 - 154.2

Slowly but surely? Hoping to see 153 by Friday.

Sounds like everyone is doing good this week!!
Your numbers are so steady I would love to have steady numbers like that, the big fluctuations freak me out.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning everyone!

Well, my DD went as usual, just fine. Back to lowest weight, which makes me happy, because TOM has shown up and I usually gain during that time!

Today is an UD, and have parents in law and BF's aunt coming for dinner. We'll probably throw something on the grill, the weather is so nice for that!

My menu today:
B: turkish yogurt (like greek yogurt, 10% fat) with a TB of mascarpone mixed in.
L: a small green salad with avocado, feta and tuna in oil
D: a couple of nice sausages from the grill, some mini peppers with cream cheese, a tomato from the garden, herb mayo.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

5/15 - 157.0
5/16 - 157.8 (DD)
5/17 - 156.2
5/18 - 155.6 (DD)
5/19 - 154.4
5/20 - 154.4
5/21 - 154.2
5/22 - 155.0 (DD)
5/23 - 154.8
5/24 - 154.2
5/25 - 154.8 (DD)

Still hoping for an overall loss for the week tomorrow morning. Today is DD so I'm slugging coffee this morning trying to get my body awake! lol
Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
I really fell off the wagon and am getting back on tomrrow. I need to go to the store today and get some low calorie food choices. even after about a month though I have only put on about 5lbs so that is not too bad .... I guess.

Looking forward to joinging yall again!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #239

back Spyder!

Today is a DD for me. I still find them so tough, but I will get through it somehow. I'm a little nervous about my weekly weigh in tomorrow. I have a bad feeling that I might be up for the week. Hopefully this DD today will minimize it though.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
back Spyder!

Today is a DD for me. I still find them so tough, but I will get through it somehow. I'm a little nervous about my weekly weigh in tomorrow. I have a bad feeling that I might be up for the week. Hopefully this DD today will minimize it though.
Today is a DD for me too! and i have my weigh in tomorrow! good luck to us both! im in at .2 under from last friday so i just want one more lb from today to show up tomorrow and i'll be happy