Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/190/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I had a semi-successful fast day yesterday. I did go above my 500 cals. by a bit. I had a strenuous boot camp workout yesterday morning and sometimes that translates into a "hungry" day. I did good till last evening and then I had a run in with some cashews.

I'm up at 4AM to head to boot camp at 5:45. For some reason, I've been getting awake at 3 and then I toss around till 4 and then just get up. I go to bed around 9, so I guess I've had enough sleep by 3?

An eating day today...not sure what I'm hungry for.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Start of 5th week for me & after yesterday's DD today's weigh-in is 125.4. I'll take it since yesterday I was 127.0. So I'm still within my maintenance range of 123-125. It is exactly like last week's 3 DD 126.8/125.2/123.2 it seems to be in line with what I've been seeing which is 123-126.

Told myself I will keep on track and not overly stress myself if I see fluctuations and I am not going to chang or adding any other DD like I did last week. Need to relax & I plan to do so

Happy Tuesday Ladies ! Hope everyone has a fantastic UD or DD !!
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Alrighty, I woke up to a good loss, down to 205.6, happy dance here

Hi to everyone!

Last edited by scalestepper; 06-25-2013 at 05:40 AM..
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Alrighty, I woke up to a good loss, down to 205.6, happy dance here

Hi to everyone!
Congratulations!

I'm having an UD today. I went out for lunch, but just ate a normal soup & sandwich. Not sure I'll be having dinner, as I feel pretty full right now!

Have a great day everyone!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling very blah this week way too focused on the scale and I think I may add in some exercise since I know that helps my mood & energy level. Going to try every other day for 30 min and see if I start feeling better.

Right now not happy with the big fluctuations I am seeing on UD and I am being very careful on what I eat on those days. My DD I was 125.4 & today I am 127.0 again. I know in my head I need to just relax & let the plan work itself out but to be honest these daily fluctuations are freaking me out this week. All I keep thinking is how much higher I'll be tomorrow which is my DD & how even that won't get me to the weight I was last week

But going to stick it out & hope these feelings pass & I get my groove back. Sometimes I think maintaining is way harder than when I was losing weight. I guess that instant gratification of seeing losses is gone & it's harder to substitute... I just need to keep telling myself to focus on all the positive things but I hate the power the scale has over me sometimes..
Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies and thank you Lori.

I had an ud yesterday and was surprised at my calories when I logged them in, just over 900. I haven't been logging uds.

Wow Pandoria, your stats are great, wtg.

Off for another day, hope everyone has a good one!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Wow, I was just updating my numbers and I've lost a total of 20 lbs on 5:2 since 2/5.
Awesome!!!!

I'm fasting today. The scale is way up today, but hoping the fast day will help. I also have been drinking soda ,which I had given up for about 8 months ,but got back into. I want to try to that out of my system. Do yall drink it?
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Awesome!!!!

I'm fasting today. The scale is way up today, but hoping the fast day will help. I also have been drinking soda ,which I had given up for about 8 months ,but got back into. I want to try to that out of my system. Do yall drink it?
I have a daily Coke Zero with lunch. Plenty of water, too much coffee & a daily Nestea Diet Iced tea with dinner. I figure I've cut out everything else (no sugar/no processed food/pretty much lc)

But I have too much Equal but that's another story !!

Last edited by pandora174; 06-26-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
ugh my cat is sick and they are talking about maybe having to scope him. It makes me want to go eat something yummy and not fast at all today. ;o/
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Well, my Fast day yesterday turned into a disaster. I started eating when I got home from work and didn't stop till bed time. I feel sick. Sigh.....weighed myself and scale shows I'm up 2.5 lbs since last Friday! I know it's not fat gain, but I still hate to see that number go up.

My sister is arriving today and I know that means eating and drinking more than I should. I will try not to go wild, but I will enjoy myself and get back to plan next week.

Life.....it happens!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Starting my day with you guys.

Lori, I hope you have fun with your sister.
Spyder, thank you and sorry about your cat, hope things got better. I drink diet coke every day.
I'll be glad when I get in maintenance pandora. You are doing good with 5:2.
Sherry, hope your days are going good.

Today is a fast day for me, no plans other than nothing but coffee, sometimes with butter, until 11 or 12. I have a few quick-fix proteins I eat on dds that are 100 calories along with broth. I keep it simple. I wonder if I'll ever look forward to fast days.

Yesterdays feast day was:
boiled egg, bacon, cream cheese for lunch, macadamia nuts for snack and steak and salad for dinner. Totaled out to a little over 1400 calories.

I hope you we have a good day!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Hanging in there after my DD which yielded my smallest drop to date of 1 lb & I'm at 126.6 so this week's DD #'s were 125.4/126.6 & last week's I did 3 DD 126.8/125.2/123.2. Sitting higher than I like but overall I'm still maintaining in the 120's & that I was 244-248 lbs less than 2 years ago is what I am trying to focus on.

I did just add in exercise again & I notoriously go up when I do. I know that's the culprit & once my body gets used to it I hope the scale stabilizes. I just do not want to stop exercising so I can see a lower # on the scale which I have repeatedly done on my other diet plans.

So not planning on doing anything different or adding any additional DD like last week. This is a huge thing for me because I always quickly jump to "fix it". I am determined if I haven't eaten off plan to let things work themselves out & all these "fixing things" in the long run are not healthy for me. I am trying to leave any additional DD for vacation/splurges/holidays & not for everyday things like tom or exercise
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

fluctuations or the scales not budging

A friend of mine found this post on a Facebook 5:2 plan & thought it would help with weight fluctuations & put things in perspective. Hope it helps someone

I've cut and pasted this from a 5:2 forum, but as I see so many posts of people struggling with fluctuations or the scales not budging, I thought I'd share it here. I hope it answers some questions and gives peace of mind to some of you: Most of your body is water, and that is the number one thing the scales reflect. The scale cannot measure bodyfat, even the so-called bodyfat scales are very inaccurate.
So lets see what affects your weight.

Food
Food has weight – .25lbs of beef weighs… .25lbs! When you eat less, you have less of it in your digestive system and the scale takes note. When you finish the diet and go back to maintenance, or any time you eat more food, that adds to your scale weight. It’s not a bad thing, just something to take note of. After a refeed – whether planned or unplanned – you may not see your prior deficit number for 2 weeks, even if you didn’t gain fat.

Electrolytes–Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium, sources. Etc.
Your body is designed to retain sodium and excrete potassium. Normally, in a healthy diet, the two should remain in balance, leaving you with a healthy water balance. When you, for example, overdo the sodium, you end up holding onto more water. That can give you a soft, puffy look and also cause inflated scale weight. Again, it’s not fat, even though it looks like fat. It’s easy to correct by laying off the salt and taking some lite salt or high potassium foods like beet greens, potatoes and tomato products.

Training
All exercise, including weight training and even cardio, causes some muscle damage. That translates to inflammation and water retention that happen in the course of repair. Training also increases retention of glycogen (stored sugar that fuels your muscles), and glycogen is two-thirds water by weight. All that can translate to a scale increase, even while in a deficit and losing fat. If you just started your diet and also began exercising anew, weight staying the same rather than moving down can be a tough thing to deal with, but also a really good sign that you are in fact losing fat.

Hormones: Dieting-induced cortisol and PMS
There are also hormonal factors for water retention. For starters, your water balance is governed by aldosterone. Drinking more water causes you to decrease aldosterone production, which tells your kidneys to release water in their filtering process.

Letting yourself go thirsty has the opposite effect, namely you start holding more water.

Stress hormones also increase water retention, and dieting is stressful to your body. Caloric deficit and cortisol levels tend to have a direct relationship, and cortisol also causes water retention. When you refeed and flood your body with insulin, cortisol drops and so can water. This effect happens in many, but not all dieters.

Then for women there is PMS. In this case water retention is caused by temporary hormonal changes. Magnesium works very well in this situation, as does balancing sodium and potassium. Take a bath in epsom salts. Drink an electrolyte drink such as Ultima Replenisher. And above all, resist any urges to overeat as this is the worst time to do so. You won’t gain fat any faster than usual, but your body is primed for water retention so it will probably feel like you did.

Fat loss
As you are losing fat the body holds water in the fat cells until your body is certain it no longer needs that extra storage space. When you lose fat you develop a squishy, cellulite-y appearance. That’s actually good. It means fat has been lost and your body is storing water in an amorphous fashion, soon to tighten up.

Putting it all together
As you can see, scale weight is only a partial indicator of progress. So how do you make sure you are on track when the scale is all over the place?

Don’t freak out at weight fluctuations, they are completely normal.

Use other means to track progress, such as tape measure, progress pictures, and how clothes fit.
Have confidence in your plan. Follow it fully for a month before making a judgement call. Most people fail because they start doubting the program and give up too soon. Negativity and doubt are your worst enemy.
Look at the overall trend. If you lose 8lbs in the first 2 weeks, and now its week 4 and the scale hasn’t moved, you still are at 2lbs/wk average. That should already be above your weekly fat loss goal, for example, if your goal is 500 cal deficit/day = 1lb per week since 3500 cal = 1lb fat.
Realize that when you lose 10lbs the first few weeks of the diet it is not all fat, it is not even mostly fat. Resolve to stick to the diet for the rest of the way until it is all fat. Focus on following your program and the results will always follow
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and thank you pandora! That post is really helpful. There is also a sticky thread in Juddd that is awesome, 'Sunday' started it, it's all about ADF and IF.

I had a good fast day yesterday,
278 calories
Schwans philly beef steak
roasted peppers and onions
slice ff cheese
tsp oo
mug of cons-mate and mug of chicken broth.

I don't think I'll go that low in calories again, I was hungry when I went to bed and didn't sleep good. I'm still going to finish my 18 hour fast around lunch today, that seems to be the basis of my control right now, well, low carb first, then 18 hour fast then 5:2.

Busy day for me, errands, groceries, etc.

Everyone had a good one!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Slept so good last night, back to the norm.

I had a good feast day, got all my errands run, visited with some friends, food was good.
1225 cal.
L bacon, fried eggs
D Hamburger. velveeta, rotel dip
avocado,

Stay cool!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

I must say yesterday had my smallest jump of only +.2. So even though my DD only netted me a 1 lb drop the following UD gave me such a tiny bump up that it's working out well this week. Today did some shopping & time for my mani/pedi so didn't eat until 12:30 vs 10 am so I guess it'll be an 18/6 day. It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be but since I was enjoying myself I didn't think about food

Monday will be 6 weeks on the plan for me & I must say that for maintenance it is fantastic and very doable. I do wish I could look forward to DD like some people do. Continuing to eat to hunger & that has gotten much easier on this plan + the IF since I know after 6 pm there is no eating ! So if I am in the mood I'll have a coffee with hwc or 3 small dill pickles which seem to do the trick. Next month I get my blood work & then in Sept I'm having a full physical so let's see how my numbers improve.

One thing that is helping me with hunger on DD are these fiber sprinkles GG Scandinavian fiber sprinkles that I bought on Netrition & they are delicious & only 12 calories for 3 tablespoons. I add them to everything & they give me my fiber & keep me regular & full !

Have a lovely Saturday everyone !

Last edited by pandora174; 06-29-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

My eating plan has flown out the window for the past few days. My sister and I are having a good time, but it seems everything we do revolves around eating and drinking! She's a tiny little thing, so it's ok for her. For me, not so much. We're playing golf today and then out for dinner. I'm back to work tomorrow, so I'll be in more of a routine.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Goodmorning. Havent posted in a week. Last weekend was kind of a disaster for my eating plan. Well I mentioned I was going to drink some wine last Saturday. And low and behold I felt a little crappy the next morning. I didn't even weigh myself.

So we had a big storm that Saturday night and Sunday I helped the neighbor get a huge tree that fell down out of his driveway. So at noon he brings us all a beer. I thought ugh, why not, it might make my stomach settle after drinking that wine (mind you I drank too much wine). And that led to a second beer and then on to a few rum and cokes. Needless to say I guess that was a booze day. So Monday I was too sick to go to work or even eat much of anything. So I guess that was a DD. Then I was so far off schedule I didn't know which type of day to even start with since I wasn't sure how many calories I had eaten on Saturday or Sunday and with most of them being booze. Still not (afraid) weighing myself. Made Tuesday and Wednesday UD's and back to DD on Friday. And through all of this, weight wise I am still hanging in there.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Everything"s pretty okay in my corner, yesterday was an up day but after I tallied my calories, I was short. I ate at 4. intending to have a steak for dinner but I just wasn't hungry. I need to get more calories in today before my DD tomorrow .

850 calories
L 2 boiled eggs
grape tomatoes
fresh mozzerella cheese
fermented pickle spear

S/D cheese/hamburger dip
sour cream

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Lori, I hope you're enjoying your sister. Sherry, I hope your weekend was good for you. Pandora, you're doing so good on maintenance with this at a good weight, no reason this shouldn't be a good weight loss plan for me until I get to your weight. Sounds good.

Last week I lost inches in my arms, so glad so see some of that melting away and also, I got a lot of nice compliments Friday, it meant a lot to know it's showing. I always appreciate my friends sharing with me because they know it's been a difficult road back for me.

Well, ribs sure can bump up the calories. Doesn't make much sense to me to intentionally eat a high calorie day just so I can eat a low calorie one the next day. But, I have to say, after my super low calorie day last week, I only began to feel back in sinc last night about 12, hunger wise that is.

1900 calories
L boiled eggs, sausage,
fresh mozz cheese, oo

D pork ribs. avocado

DD today, I hope everyone has a good one!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Ladies ! So far so good & starting 6th week of 5:2 & 2nd week of 16/8. For the last 3 days I've had the smallest bump after UD +.2, +.2 & .4 I think it may be a combination of adding in exercise & adding in extra fat. I've been craving FAT like crazy, adding in coconut butter/butter/brie cheese. I don't count calories on UD but I'm estimating a minimum of 1600 or more but it's all protein/healthy fats/veggies & 1 serving of berries.

Today doing a DD and I've been so lazy about my DD menus lately that I just grabbed again a container of 0% greek yogurt & plan on eating that all day. Puts me at 500 maybe 20 calories over depending in the brand.

So far so good. I know if I really wanted to lose I could just lower or keep an eye on my UD calories but I've recently come to the realization that I don't want to keep losing. I just want to maintain & stay in the 120's if mid or high it's all good ! I want to stay healthy, medication free & with a WOE that is manageable
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

My DD didn't go as planned yesterday. I fasted until 2PM and then had a 100 calorie greek yogurt, that part was ok. Then I got home and my sister was here and we started snacking before dinner. Then we made chicken Marsala(yum). I ended the day with a bowl of cereal before bed.

My sister is going home today, so I'll have no excuse for not getting back on my plan. I have till next Friday, the 12th to get back on track. We're going to Philadelphia for a long weekend 12th-14th and that'll mean eating yummy things. We will be doing a lot of walking that weekend, so maybe it'll even out.

Pandora, how wonderfully you've done! You are an inspiration. I think you'll do great using 5:2 for maintenance. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Ladies ! Week 6 of 5:2 plan & done with my DD which yielded me a -1.6 drop to 125.8. Very happy with that number since it puts me back in my happy range. So far relaxing about the scale and just happy to be able to maintain & eat my foods. Keeping in lots of fats & my new favorite flax/fiber sprinkles. Keeping in my daily 30 min exercise except on DD so happy that has not comproimised my numbers.

Tonight going to try & make some zoodles which I've heard and read so much about. Already bought my julienne peeler & just need to buy some zucchini. Thinking of making a mushroom & cream with parmesan recipe I saw on youtube tonight.

I did have a very hard DD yesterday. No energy & actually fell asleep briefly on the couch & no way I could exercise yesterday. No more DD until Friday Need to be super good for the next 2 days so I can splurge a bit on the 4th.

@ Lori Life happens You'll get back on track. That's what's great about this plan is that it's so flexible when life gets in the way.
@ scalestepper You're doing great !
Old 07-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

No reward from my DD this morning but I'm still feeling smaller.

Yesterday..

450 calories
L pickle spear,dry salad, boiled shrimp
S boiled egg
D salad, T sour cream with seasonings, salmon patty.

Your meal plans sound good ladies, I have pork country ribs in the slow cooker.

Let's all have a good day!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Goodmorning. DD yesterday. Only a drop of .6. That still makes 1.2 over LDW but not so bad. Next DD Thursday.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cgarza
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2002; Jan 2005
Down 30 pounds on 5 2 diet with low carb emphasis

Hi,
I've been doing 5 2 since mid March, and today I finally hit the 30 pound mark. I have been eating basically low carb for years but wasn't losing any more. But the low carb mentality and training I got make me able to have success on the 5 2. I do 500 or less low carb days 3 or 4 days per week, sometimes consecutive. Sometimes I go way over on my feast days, but that's what makes this diet amazing. I can have whatever I want once in a while, then get back on fast days and lose.
I'm thrilled!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cgarza, wtg on showing the plan works! Lc works for me too. Join in with us.
Wtg sherry!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

Hope everyone has a fun holiday, I'll be away for a few days.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Have fun scalestepper!!

I'm heading to the golf course in a little bit. My foot(Plantar Fasciitis) is really acting up this week. I'll have to ride in a cart, but I prefer to walk. :-(

I had a great DD yesterday and saw my lowest weight to date on the scale this morning. It was only a 1/2 lb less than my lowest so far, but down 3 since last week!

I'm going to try not to overdo it too badly today. I will be having at least one lite beer & lunch of some sort.

Enjoy the Holiday everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #120
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Oh, I just had to share!!!! I watched Rachael Ray this morning--I never do, this must have been a sign---and Mike Mosley was on talking about the Fast Diet. His cookbook just came out. He was talking with Rachael about the diet and they cooked a meal for the fast day together. She loved the idea of the 5:2 plan.

Then last week, I picked up "Woman's World" dated July 1 and the fast diet was in there too!! Again, it seems to be the diet du jour. Was so happy to see it around now. I love the concept. And seeing pandora's success, makes me know it works!!!